Quotes of the day

posted at 10:49 pm on May 10, 2012 by Allahpundit

A few hours before President Obama offered his historic endorsement of same-sex marriage on Wednesday, Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. apologized to the president in the Oval Office for forcing Mr. Obama’s hand by airing his own views three days earlier, several people briefed on the exchange said on Thursday…

People who know both men said they did not believe that Mr. Biden had an ulterior motive in pre-empting the president, despite the fact that he has not ruled out running for president himself in 2016. Indeed, several gay rights activists said, whatever affection Mr. Biden’s candor might have won him with gay voters, he would still lag behind other potential Democratic candidates like Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo of New York or Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, who are both seen as champions of the gay community.

***

“President Obama just ‘evolved’ himself into a one-term president,” said Brian Brown, the president of the National Organization for Marriage. “This is a disaster for the Democratic Party: the reality is that the exact states he needs to win are the states that have overwhelmingly passed legislation defining marriage as between a man and a woman.”

“What I’m hearing from folks around the country is ‘game on, we’re in, we will do whatever is necessary to elect Mitt Romney now because Obama has shown where he really stands,” Brown said…

The Romney team will try to paint Obama’s evolution on the issue — coupled with reports that he’d planned the rollout of his change of heart for right before the Democratic convention this summer – as part of a storyline that Obama changes his message based on what is politically expedient. Of course, that’s been an effective attack on Romney in the past on issues like abortion rights.

“After weeks of strutting re: the [Osama bin Laden] anniversary and the president’s ‘decisive leadership,’ he is dragged into this by Biden and essentially yields to the base — it’s going to be hard for them to make the flip-flopper argument with a straight face,” one Romney adviser told POLITICO. “Equally bad is the story that he was going to announce the switch before the convention but not right now — suggests that principled stands can be politically timed.”

***

President Obama declared his personal support for same-sex marriage yesterday, but the White House chose not to push for the repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act today.

“Well, party platform issues are for the party to decide,” White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said when asked if Obama would call for the repeal of DOMA and endorsement of pro-gay marriage language in the party platform. “That process is underway, and I refer you to the DNC on the question about the platform.”

***

The Democrats’ top leader in Congress said Thursday that the party’s platform will soon include a plank calling for the legalization of gay marriage.

“The president’s in favor of it — I’m sure it will be [included],” said Reid…

Reid, however, declined to say when or whether he would schedule a vote on legislation approved by the Judiciary Committee to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA). The law defines marriage as the legal union of a man and a woman and exempts states from having to recognize same-sex marriages certified by other states.

***

Here’s something else Obama accomplished with his announcement yesterday: He has basically wiped away whatever tensions existed between him and the gay fundraising community over a range of issues, of which marriage is only one…

The push for Obama to also move on the executive order will continue, but Obama has bought himself an untold amount of good will and breathing room from this important fundraising constituency. Given that conservative groups are set to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on ads this campaign, and given that the task of waging the air war with those groups will fall largely to the Obama campaign, this is no small thing — another area where Obama’s announcement could have far reaching consequences to his reelection.

***

President Barack Obama drew cheers and applause for his endorsement of same-sex marriage during a fundraising spree on Thursday that will culminate in a multimillion-dollar extravaganza at the home of Hollywood movie star George Clooney…

“Here in Washington you’ll have the chance to make your voice heard on the issue of making sure that everybody, regardless of sexual orientation, is treated fairly,” Obama said to loud applause…

Obama’s support of gay marriage could help boost donations from supporters in his Democratic base who have been pressing him to make clear his position, which he had long described as “evolving.”

***

“I haven’t read The Washington Post article, but I think it would be discriminatory if Mitt Romney did not play pranks on gays, just the way he plays them on non-gays,” Coulter said. “And I don’t know, back then, how many people were all that aware of it? But Mitt Romney is known for being a prankster. I don’t think this issue is going to help Obama much. It is just that it is not going to hurt him as much as it would hurt a non-half-black Democrat. I think this whole thing is a lot like — it’s such a sign of desperation.”

***

***

Asked about Obama’s shift on gay marriage, Romney again reaffirmed that he believes marriage should be strictly defined as “between a man and a woman.” He called for a “national standard” to define marriage, but said states should enforce rules when it comes to “domestic partnerships.”

Romney added that he is “fine” with gay couples adopting children but “to call that marriage is a real misleading of the word.”

He told Cavuto that he hopes the issue of same sex marriage won’t be an issue that drives campaign contributions for either him or Obama this fall.

“I hope the topic as tender and sensitive as marriage is not a source of fundraising,” Romney said.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Good to see you and your links.

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Nice to see you too bazil. I haven’t been around the QOTD threads much myself lately, but I did notice you were missing.

I realize I’m guessing, but I’ve never, ever seen meat BOGO.

INC on May 11, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Saw the same thing at Winn Dixie a couple of weeks ago. About time too, I once bitched complained so loudly about a pack of 3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts priced at $18 (not a typo) that my husband refused to go to the store with me for weeks.

Flora Duh on May 11, 2012 at 12:57 AM

The War Planner , What do you think ought to be done with the angry worthless one?

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Good to see you and your links.

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I realize I’m guessing, but I’ve never, ever seen meat BOGO.

INC on May 11, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Saw the same thing at Winn Dixie a couple of weeks ago. About time too, I once b*tched complained so loudly about a pack of 3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts priced at $18 (not a typo) that my husband refused to go to the store with me for weeks.

Flora Duh on May 11, 2012 at 12:59 AM

A vote for Romney is a vote for Obama. How about that for truth!

Hang in there Ron!!!

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on May 11, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Yeah and a measly 1.3 million votes to date just can’t be wrong… right?

uncommon sense on May 11, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Schadenfreude on May 11, 2012 at 12:56 AM

That’s just bizarre pot heads are usually so mellow. Bullying and smokin pot don’t seem to add up.

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Bazil9
come on, don’t be a sissy, I have never been afraid of needles, now the dentist …….. different story….;)

angrymike on May 11, 2012 at 1:00 AM

On a similar note BD and I actually agree on something for a change. I know, frightening.

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 12:51 AM

..thanks for the info. I’ll be buying when that guy finally posts something that gets him yanked. Long ago, I was taken in by him big time and abhor him and his slimy comments.

That said, it’s funny how sometimes one gets annoyed with a commenter one night and then is best buds the next. Shadenfreude and I used to get into it and then he was just plain bury-the-hatchet nice to me one evening and I just could not be angry any more. (Actually I was never angry at him; I just used to get pisssed because he always had the best of comebacks and would tie me in knots.

Besides, he’s been on fire lately; posts some of the best stuff here. Really, really worthy of reading.

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:00 AM

must have been the Coke LOL!

uncommon sense on May 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM

..late to the dance; repeated question: did AngryEd get the hammer today?

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 12:42 AM

I get the sense he did not, but I’m sure it’s coming. I think he might even want it. I think we might soon witness a genuine instance of “suicide by moderator”.

RINO in Name Only on May 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM

uncommon sense on May 11, 2012 at 12:43 AM

:) Okay sugar daddy.

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 12:51 AM

..by the way, your stuff really, really carried me through the “dark days” of the primaries. Thanks a bunch!

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:04 AM

must have been the Coke LOL!

uncommon sense on May 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Actually, that sounds about right. Blow and Bully go together.

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Steveangell on May 11, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Play the cards we are dealt. He isn’t my first choice, but we had our chance to have someone else. We failed. I think with some additional hard boiled types in both houses, it’ll work out. We really do need a change in leadership in both the House and Senate.

a capella on May 11, 2012 at 1:05 AM

I think we might soon witness a genuine instance of “suicide by moderator”.

RINO in Name Only on May 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM

*chortle*

I will be tagging that thread fer sure.

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:00 AM

He bullied a girl and says so himself.

Schadenfreude on May 11, 2012 at 1:05 AM

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Shadenfreude I presume you’re referring to. Yeah he’s the tops. The angry one. I just want to feel the breeze when he gets it. A lot of folks here disagree with me on that. I’m sorry, I want him gone. I’m unapologetic about it. I don’t like his ilk one bit. I have good reasons.

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:05 AM

I think he might even want it.
RINO in Name Only on May 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM

My theory as well. He and Honda.

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Schadenfreude Just figures somehow doesn’t it. What a piece of work we have been stuck with. Maybe come November 0 will feel that special breeze too. : )

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

We really do need a change in leadership in both the House and Senate.

a capella on May 11, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Yes, yes, and yes. That is very key. Not just POTUS.

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 1:08 AM

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Glad to be of service though I’m not sure how. Just trying to keep it real and light and friendly. Well except with those trolls. I can’t help it. I don’t like them. ; )

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:09 AM

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM

On the other hand I was never upset with a brilliant and tough, yet very reasoned guy as you are. To the barricades!

Schadenfreude on May 11, 2012 at 1:09 AM

<blockquote

>..late to the dance; repeated question: did AngryEd get the hammer today?

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 12:42 AM

RINO in Name Only on May 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM

And, I might add, none too soon. Not because I like the idea of banning trolls – I think it’s far more fun to keep them around. But I’m actually a bit worried here.

I hate to recycle an old comment, but I think in light of the day’s events it may have new relevance:

Seriously. You really have snapped. I’ll take you at your word that your original reason for going all nutty was that Mitt was too much of a RINO for you. A lot of us would have rather had someone else as well – unfortunately, no one stepped up and offered us a better alternative.

But now? You’re like some kind of comic book villain who was wronged by someone, so he decides to get his vengeance, but then he has a taste for blood and turns to evil. And then he decides it’s better to just destroy the entire universe to end the pain, forever.

I suggest you give this candidate a look. And/or talk to Mitchell Heisman about the fundamental pain that is the essence of existence. I think you two might really hit it off.

RINO in Name Only on April 25, 2012 at 5:07 PM

RINO in Name Only on May 11, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Sorry to post it again, but I think this must have been you last night LOL!

uncommon sense on May 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

a capella on May 11, 2012 at 12:52 AM

This didn’t have freezer burn. Sometimes packages become frozen here in FL in the refrigerator cases when the outside temps are going up and down.

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Flora Duh on May 11, 2012 at 12:59 AM

I didn’t know that. Albertson’s close to us is gone. Winn-Dixie is too far away. I’ve bought staples elsewhere, but I’ve always been a Publix gal. I was born in Lakeland, and so where else would I shop? :)

INC on May 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:05 AM

ibidem.

His act is tedious and tiresome and, lately, he has just become plain mean and vicious.

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Anyone know why I am supposed to be reading this?

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

angrymike on May 11, 2012 at 1:00 AM

;) They use needles too. I had perio surgery once…big needle on a long metal holder to get to the back. I almost passed out.

Yes, I am a chicken. I’d rather get hit with something.

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Sorry to post it again, but I think this must have been you last night LOL!

uncommon sense on May 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I love that 59 was an odd year.

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:12 AM

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 1:11 AM

They use big ones in your spine too.

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Well ladies and gent’s I’m pooped, y-all have a great night……………..;-)

angrymike on May 11, 2012 at 1:14 AM

INC on May 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

No Ingles down that a way?

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:14 AM

RINO in Name Only on April 25, 2012 at 5:07 PM

..I saw that comment in it’s original form, RINO. It was a good one with some pretty thoughtful analysis put into it. Were it directed at me, I would pause and try to construct a meaningful response.

As I remember, he just blew you off with some smack or a bunch of screen-scraped month-old polls (his favorite gambit) and moved on.

f-bomb him to holy hell.

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Good Night angrymike, Sleep Well.

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Well ladies and gent’s I’m pooped, y-all have a great night……………..;-)

angrymike on May 11, 2012 at 1:14 AM

..g’nite, mate. The one “angry” commenter on HG I actually like!

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:15 AM

The War Planner, your comment to me on Breitbart, as a response to my “We are all Breitbarts now” will live forever in my memory and soul. You liked it so much, cursed me to Hades, in different words, and I laughed. You’re a good one to fight with…er, on the same side :)

Schadenfreude on May 11, 2012 at 1:16 AM

In addition, the Post story quotes the older sister of Romney’s alleged bullying victim at the very end of the piece. Yet, when she was contacted by ABC News and asked for comment she was not happy with how her brother had been portrayed:

She added she and her sisters will likely put out a statement later via a family attorney.

“If he were still alive today, he would be furious [about the story],” she said with tears in her eyes.

Flora Duh on May 11, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Family of Romney’s Alleged Bullying “Victim” Says Story Inaccurate, They’re Disgusted by WaPo

Ashley Parker of the New York Times has a statement from the family of John Lauber, the man the Washington Post claimed Mitt Romney bullied in high school. She tweets:

From John Lauber’s family, the bullied victim in WaPo story: “We are aggrieved that John would be used to further a political agenda.”

Also from John Lauber’s family: “The portrayal of John is factually incorrect,” but they would not elaborate on how it was inaccurate.

This comes after one source for the story, a man the Washington Post says has “long been bothered” by the incident, said he wasn’t even present and had no idea it had happened until the Post contacted him.

Flora Duh on May 11, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Some comfort

a capella on May 11, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Way cool. Thx sir. Great singing and the man who invented guitar—ok, maybe not but he is in the top three.

arnold ziffel on May 11, 2012 at 1:17 AM

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Flora Duh on May 11, 2012 at 12:59 AM

and other FL people.

We used to live in Jacksonville across the street from a widower who was a store quality/sanitary inspector for Winn-Dixie. (W-D is headquartered in Jacksonville). The W-D closest to us always looked like it needed a lot of improvement in this area, but I never told him that, and I hardly ever shopped there. And to get to Publix I had to drive past the W-D!

Our neighbor’s elderly parents moved down from PA to live with him, and they were nice to have across the street when I was home with our first baby.

Anyway, one day I was shopping in Publix, and there they were! We all laughed about it because I had never told their son my opinion of W-D. His mom agreed with me. She liked Publix better and thought it was cheaper.

INC on May 11, 2012 at 1:17 AM

o/t lol (like we r on topic)

Fl Gov just signed into law…June 1st. If you have an auto accident..your Primary Doctor has to refer you to a chiropractor under your auto coverage. If they don’t..you don’t go.

He and Bondi rode the TP wave. All they have done is stuck more Govt into healthcare this past year.

Regs, all in the name of saving “fraud”, “waste,”and “abuse”. Good intentions..and all. Which it will not.
Hey Pam, pain med sales are up on the street. Meanwhile..PMD and Labs are raking in the cash. Mainly the elderly. Woops..there goes Medicare costs.

Sorry, I have a bone to pick with them. A few times over. They will not get my vote again.

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 1:18 AM

So, when is WaPo going to dig up Barack’s drug dealer?

That’s the issue here, not that Mitt Romney may have played a little rough in High School its that the Washington post is prejudiced, hateful and even a little racist.

Liberal grassroots activists are literally going nuts right on Que.

This kind of childish, petty, pathetic emotional play is what we have to look forward to over and over.

Counter it with ridicule, “I am the one we’ve been waiting for”, have a good laugh, in their face.

Speakup on May 11, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Schadenfreude on May 11, 2012 at 1:16 AM

..at the risk of the others shrieking “will you two please get a room”, I consider you as close as a brother.

(WARNING: my low-Scotch light just came on.)

And, like I said to Bmore, you’re constantly draining them from downtown these days. Nothing. But. Net.

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:20 AM

No Ingles down that a way?

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Ah, I love Ingles, but it’s not here. I’ve shopped there when visiting NC. I heard the head of Ingles patterned it after Publix.

When I’ve been in Ingles I’ve drooled over the ham (real country ham which we seldom see here) and other Southern staples such as brands of grits that I like.

I also used to go in Ingles and buy up NC cherry preserves, but the last time I was in NC a couple of years ago, the company had either gone out of business or been sold.

INC on May 11, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Well ladies and gent’s I’m pooped, y-all have a great night……………..;-)

angrymike on May 11, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Night Mike, and remember, the boogeyman checks his closet to make sure Chuck Norris isn’t there. LOL!

uncommon sense on May 11, 2012 at 1:21 AM

..and everyone please spare me the links to KenInCt’s dating profile. Mrs War Planner will be pissed.

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:22 AM

(WARNING: my low-Scotch light just came on.)

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Ah, and which water of life is your preference, if I might ask?

uncommon sense on May 11, 2012 at 1:23 AM

INC on May 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

As a kid in Cali, we had Albertsons. Then later they popped up in Fl. They use to have good sales on some things…that I would go there for.

One day, a couple years ago…they either closed down or turned Publix. A few left around but not close.

I am a Publix girl too. Winn Dixie is nasty.

Lakeland ;) Gotcha. I pass that on I4.

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 1:23 AM

arnold ziffel on May 11, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Thankee. For some reason i am always greatly comforted by her singing. Karen Carpenter was another. Great voices. Pure.

a capella on May 11, 2012 at 1:24 AM

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Brothers in arms we are then.

p.s. arms = metal kind, the ones that kill, not the ones on topic.

Schadenfreude on May 11, 2012 at 1:25 AM

INC on May 11, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Its where we shop. Better everything and very competitive pricing. Plus we live in a rural area where everyone is nice to one another. When I’m down in the city its Publix.

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:26 AM

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Lakeland was once a small town of lakes and shady oaks!

INC on May 11, 2012 at 1:26 AM

My theory as well. He and Honda.

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Maybe, but I’ve got the sense that Honda is not completely irredeemable. I think what’s going to probably happen (this is why I’m so worried) is that angryed and Mitchell Heisman (formerly known as Random) are going to team up and end the universe.

The way I see things going down is like this:

Mitchell will open up a gate to a parallel, opposite universe, in which happyed is the bedrock of sanity, and send angryed through. The plan is to have angryed encounter happyed, at which point identical particles of sane-matter and insane-matter will collide and annihilate the universe.

Mitchell doesn’t care – if nothing existed, there would be no pain. And angryed cannot bare the existence of sanity and happiness in such a condensed form embodied in his doppelganger. And Honda, nursing quite a bit of a grudge, will be helping them.

I think that at the last minute, though, when Honda learns the true extent of the universal annihilation sought by the other two, he will say “Good God, what have I done?”. He’ll have a change of heart and try to stop Mitchell from opening the portal, but angryed will push him off a cliff before he can.

RINO in Name Only on May 11, 2012 at 1:27 AM

p.s. arms = metal kind, the ones that kill, not the ones on topic.

Schadenfreude on May 11, 2012 at 1:25 AM

;-)

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:27 AM

INC on May 11, 2012 at 1:26 AM

We (my parents) have a close family friend from Lakeland. The greatest country boy you will ever meet.

lol..still a small town.

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Oh, wow. You have the best of both worlds.

I think the cherry preserves brand was Garner’s. I just found them online so they must still be around.

INC on May 11, 2012 at 1:29 AM

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:22 AM

I saw hawkdriver on a thread earlier, I had been worried about him, because he an the KeninCT had gotten into it. I didn’t see hawkdriver after that for a while and thought the worse. Do you know if KeninCT finally got the breeze? I never see him anymore.

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I am a Publix girl too. Winn Dixie is nasty.

Lakeland ;) Gotcha. I pass that on I4.

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I prefer Publix too, but the Winn Dixie is “right up the road,” the Publix is about 15 minutes away and since Mr. Duh does the driving, well…

Fortunately they gutted our Winn Dixie last year and gave it a complete make-over. So much so that it took me months to learn where they had moved everything. grrr

Flora Duh on May 11, 2012 at 1:29 AM

RINO in Name Only on May 11, 2012 at 1:27 AM

..wasn’t that a Star Trek episode where Frank Gorshin played two parts: the one guy who was half black and half white and the other guy who was half white and half black..

..hmmmmmmm. Sound familiar?

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:30 AM

f-bomb him to holy hell.

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:14 AM

No, no… I can only feel pity, and a great deal of sadness. I fear he is beyond anyone’s help now.

Let us honor the memory of who angryed once was, and mourn the death of all that he could have been had he not lost his mind.

RINO in Name Only on May 11, 2012 at 1:30 AM

RINO in Name Only on May 11, 2012 at 1:27 AM

lol!

I have been worried about you. I know UES made you severely depressed and in need of therapy. :)

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 1:30 AM

AP, Ed, and Hot Air admins,

Why why why do you guys insist on pumping pageviews by inserting that stupid 3 minute auto-refresh…and then go and post videos that are longer than 3 minutes?

BocaJuniors on May 11, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Dire Straits QOTD song. I still owe you one from last night. Its cold here tonight and there is a breeze a blowing.

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Fixed. ; )

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:33 AM

RINO in Name Only on May 11, 2012 at 1:30 AM

RINO, sorry, not so charitable here. I appreciate your fine sentiments but way too much kindness for the snake. With the greatest respect to you, point me to his final resting place, I have to pinch a loaf.

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:33 AM

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I haven’t been there in a number of years, but it’s semi-beltway is a bit of a shock whenever I see it.

Lakeland High School is called the Dreadnaughts. They used to have a huge painting of a battleship on campus–I think it was on the side of the stadium.

I bet you won’t find many new schools given that kind of name!

INC on May 11, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Flora Duh on May 11, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I tried newer ones..but no matter what I always got bad meat or dairy.

My friend worked at one for a while. I asked her the deal.
She said they don’t invest in freezer/temp control. Not the best standards. What she said anyway.
I will buy other items there, non perishable goods.
I have both store almost across from each other. I see whats on sale at both and make the rounds.

Tell Mr. Duh to enjoy the drive. :)

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 1:34 AM

BocaJuniors on May 11, 2012 at 1:31 AM

You can turn the auto refresh off.

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:35 AM

INC on May 11, 2012 at 1:34 AM

I am sure your right!

I will have to ask our family friend. I bet that is where he went to HS. He is 70.

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:33 AM

..ahhhhh, yes! Good on yer, mate! And this..

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Hawkdriver and Buy Danish kinda declared a truce, which was good to see. I like them both a lot, but, man, are they bullheaded. Reminds me of a spat baldilocks and a guy named Asian’sdad(not sure of that spelling)had in the old days. Man, it rolled on at autoclave temp for days. I think they both quit because of exhaustion.

a capella on May 11, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Flora Duh on May 11, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I hate it when stores do that.

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 1:34 AM

No wonder I never like W-D.

Anyway–I’ve got to go finish up some things in the kitchen (why I was thinking food). See all y’all later.

INC on May 11, 2012 at 1:37 AM

..ahhhhh, yes! Good on yer, mate! And this..

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Excellent tune!

uncommon sense on May 11, 2012 at 1:37 AM

..hmmmmmmm. Sound familiar?

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Yes, I remember that one. Although I was reminded of a different one – the one where some guy named Lazarus with a beard who was more or less angryed. I believe it ended on a bit of a downer – they saved the universe but only by having the sane Lazarus from the alternate universe encounter the crazy one in a special hole in space-time that would prevent them from annihilating each other.

But the sane guy had to stay there, locked in a struggle with the crazy one, for all eternity. So Kirk and the others shook their heads sadly, and said “We saved the universe… But what of Lazarus…”

Does that mean we have to try something similar here? Poor happyed.

We’ll have saved the universe, yes. But what of happyed…

RINO in Name Only on May 11, 2012 at 1:37 AM

I always stay too long here. :)

As always, enlightening,entertaining, and a pleasure.

All the cool kids were out tonight :) Too many of you to name.

But Bmore, glad to see you back and doing well.

Take care kiddo’s!

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Excellent..:)

PS..I will go with this one!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 11, 2012 at 1:39 AM

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Probably. I don’t know when it was built, but it was an early memory of mine as a child.

INC on May 11, 2012 at 1:39 AM

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Night Bazil, sleep well

uncommon sense on May 11, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Excellent tune!

uncommon sense on May 11, 2012 at 1:37 AM

..it’s my national antehm. I’m always trying to skitter out of some mess or another I’ve made for myself. The image works.

By the way, ya’ll know who Lynyrd Skynyrd rally was?

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:41 AM

drat! rally == really

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Would it be too much to say that Baracka Obama fancies himself as a Shiny Man?

Logus on May 10, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Dag gum Logus that was a bit of heavy reading for the evening. I thank you though because at least it wasn’t about shiny gay things. Yes I see your point. He would like to think that of himself. He is after all our better. ; )

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:42 AM

INC on May 11, 2012 at 1:37 AM

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Goodnight.

And Bmore, the heck with andgryed, what I want to know is what happened to csdeven?

Flora Duh on May 11, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Sorry to post it again, but I think this must have been you last night LOL!

uncommon sense on May 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Terrible times without libs to micro manage us. Here is one from the next year:

arnold ziffel on May 11, 2012 at 1:44 AM

..ahhhhh, yes! Good on yer, mate! And this..

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Been there once or thrice myself. LOL! ; )

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Anyone know why I am supposed to be reading this?

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Because I go for obscure references and connect A to C via X?

I dunno. People started talking about Shiny things and ghey things and it reminded me of a story I read in high school or college English class about a Shiny Man.

When Obama came on to the nation scene as the Democrat Presidential candidate, my memory kicked in and I saw him as a Shiny Man. Not so much as a “real” Shiny Man, but as someone who thought of himself as one and more so, someone who many sycophants saw as one.

Logus on May 11, 2012 at 1:45 AM

RINO in Name Only on May 11, 2012 at 1:27 AM

lol!

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Thanks for caring:) But my therapist has helped me get over it. He says I need to pick a specific positive contribution to the world and focus on that, to help me get over uppereastside’s making me think I was a horrible person and the cause of the world’s ills.

That’s why I’m trying to stop angryed before he annihilates the universe.

Well, that, and also the fact that seeing as how I’m in the universe, I have a bit of a personal interest in this matter.

Take care kiddo’s!

bazil9 on May 11, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Goodnight bazil.

I have to go also, so goodnight everyone! The universe had better still be around when I get up tomorrow… If you all let angryed annihilate everything then I will be very disappointed in all of you.

RINO in Name Only on May 11, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Ha! Yeah, sorry. And, you’re a faster typer… or at least I came upon the thread late.

I scanned the post because I already knew the gist. I suspect I’m one of the rare birds that knows about “Shiny Man” and what it’s about.

Logus on May 11, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Flora I’m told I killed her with kindness one night on a QOTD thread. I don’t believe it, but stranger things have happened. ; ) One thing is for sure she hasn’t been seen since that enchanting evening. I was just starting to warm up to her too./

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Excellent..:)

PS..I will go with this one!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 11, 2012 at 1:39 AM

… and I think we need a little of this. :)

uncommon sense on May 11, 2012 at 1:47 AM

what I want to know is what happened to csdeven?

Flora Duh on May 11, 2012 at 1:42 AM

What the? You don’t have enough to worry about? I heard she is at the H8Palin24/7.com site

arnold ziffel on May 11, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Good Night bazil9, Pleasant Dreams. : )

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:49 AM

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:41 AM

You mentioned that your scotch light was low earlier, are you a single malt or blended man? do you enjoy a good Islay, Highland, or possibly Speyside?

uncommon sense on May 11, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Dire Straits on May 11, 2012 at 1:39 AM

… and I think we need a little of this. :)

uncommon sense on May 11, 2012 at 1:47 AM

I heard Obama likes rawhide, fresh, frozen, or dried.

arnold ziffel on May 11, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Good Night INC , Pleasant dreams.

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Excellent..:)

PS..I will go with this one!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 11, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Nice on these tired ears right there, thanks, I still owe you one maybe tomorrow night. ; )

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:51 AM

The War Planner on May 11, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Let me step out on a limb..I think you will like this one!!

Dire Straits on May 11, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:51 AM

I understand friend!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 11, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Logus on May 11, 2012 at 1:45 AM

It was a good read. Thanks. I just had to actually slow down and think. The stuff we normally read on QOTD I can breeze through. Good call. ; )

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:54 AM

arnold ziffel on May 11, 2012 at 1:47 AM

lol

I checked to see if there was someone with that username on Twitter, there’s not. But hey, ya’ll will be happy to know that recently departed CoolChange80 is – and still nuttier than a fruitcake.

Flora Duh on May 11, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:51 AM

This might be a bit harsh, but it fits the Angry one, our president, and others, not just in the name of the band mind you :)

uncommon sense on May 11, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Do you know if KeninCT finally got the breeze? I never see him anymore.

Bmore on May 11, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Him and Dbear got together on Buttbook and things are working out.

arnold ziffel on May 11, 2012 at 1:57 AM

angryED jumped the whale this morning..Big time..:)

Dire Straits on May 11, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I just figured out what his name really is. He’s angry about his Erectile Dysfunction.

John the Libertarian on May 11, 2012 at 1:57 AM