Bold new critic of Obama’s class-warfare nonsense: Yes, most of my Hollywood friends agree with me

posted at 5:26 pm on May 10, 2012 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, the perfect follow-up to Ed’s Hollywood post this morning and the answer to the lingering question in my post yesterday about what Lovitz meant when he said his celebrity pals had soured on O. I took that to be a standard liberal critique: They elected Obama to raise taxes and institute single-payer and bring home all the troops immediately, blah blah blah. Not so, if you believe JL. Turns out rich leftists, at least of the Hollywood variety, aren’t thrilled with the class-warfare demagoguery lately either. Which explains why they’ll all be voting Romney in November, right?

By the way, we’re mere hours away from the greatest Hollywood fundraiser in history. The main attraction: A huge A-list mega-celebrity known more for his personal charm than his body of work. Also, George Clooney will be there.

Comments

I was never a big Lovitz fan.

I’m liking him more every day, though.

trigon on May 10, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Acting

redguy on May 10, 2012 at 5:29 PM

OT

Palin endorsed Ted Cruz today Yeah Howdy!

Marcus on May 10, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Hee!

mikeyboss on May 10, 2012 at 5:30 PM

KOOLAID2

angrymike on May 10, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Palin endorsed Ted Cruz today Yeah Howdy!

Marcus on May 10, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I’m kind of irked it took her so long.

So much for being on the cutting edge.

cozmo on May 10, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Bold new critic of Obama’s class-warfare nonsense and future Obama voter: Yes, most of my Hollywood friends agree with me and will vote for Obama next fall, too.

fify

Blake on May 10, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Morgan Fairchild.
Yeah, that’s the ticket!
Ac-ting!
It STINKS!
I just wanna be loved…Is that so wroaang??

:p

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on May 10, 2012 at 5:34 PM

I wandered into the comments at TMZ from AP’s link…

THink I’ll go drink myself into oblivion now.

tom daschle concerned on May 10, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Which explains why they’ll all be voting Romney in November, right?

I’d be satisfied if they expressed their discontent with Obama by choosing not to vote at all — although the Dim fraud machine will probably be casting multiple votes in their names anyway, so it probably won’t matter much anyway.

AZCoyote on May 10, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Comedy gold yet factual.

derecho on May 10, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I started liking Jon Lovitz when he popped Andy Dick.

playblu on May 10, 2012 at 5:37 PM

O’Reilly doing his best Andy Dick impression. He won’t get off the disrespectful vulgarity (in a comedy club!) because that is how the story is now about him holding Lovitz accountable, not Lovitz breaking ranks with Hollywood omerta and telling it like it is.

Lovitz should bounce O’Reilly’s head off the bar a few times.

novaculus on May 10, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Nicely done.

earlgrey133 on May 10, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Palin endorsed Ted Cruz today Yeah Howdy!

I heard that earlier. Our home WILL vote for Ted Cruz.
L

letget on May 10, 2012 at 5:38 PM

The Hollywood Illiterati will not be pleased.

jukin3 on May 10, 2012 at 5:39 PM

I see what you did there…

thebrokenrattle on May 10, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Bill O’Reilly is so boorish. Lecturing Lovitz on his vulgarity. It’s a comedy show, Bill!

Hill60 on May 10, 2012 at 5:40 PM

I heard that earlier. Our home WILL vote for Ted Cruz.

letget on May 10, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Dang it y’all, deep down you know you want Craig James to get the job. Think of ALyT.

cozmo on May 10, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Heh.

Weight of Glory on May 10, 2012 at 5:45 PM

*rimshot* “I’ll be here all night, folks. At least until I post the Quote of the Day. Please click on the ads.”

Paul-Cincy on May 10, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Craig James

How could anyone vote for someone who killed five hookers?

ModerateMan on May 10, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Mr. Lovitz’s Ac-ting! character loves him some Subway Sammich

:P

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on May 10, 2012 at 5:50 PM

“…And then I’ll tell ‘em I’m for Gay marrige ,..uh..yeah..that’s the ticket..” – Obama

SMACKRUNNER on May 10, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Yes, most of my Hollywood friends agree with me

I’m finding that hard to believe. I need to see list.

farsighted on May 10, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Lovitz should bounce O’Reilly’s head off the bar a few times.

novaculus on May 10, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Dennis Miller did it for Lovitz in the next segment and defended him to the max. Dennis looked and sounded a wee bit pissed at BOR.

JPeterman on May 10, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Lovitz should watch what he’s saying in a club because it could end up on youtube?

iceman1960 on May 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I would’ve saved “George Clooney” for the very end — “Also, it’s hosted by George Clooney” — but well done.

Jim Treacher on May 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Are we sure he’s not lying to us?

backwoods conservative on May 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM

KOOLAID2

angrymike on May 10, 2012 at 5:31 PM

…hi bud!…hope you’re feeling like the weather right now! (I’m in Flat Rock and I know you’re having it nice!)
HOLLYWOOD!…
…it’s the ECONOMY stupid…!!!

KOOLAID2 on May 10, 2012 at 5:56 PM

This is why I can’t stand O’Reilly. He has one of the rare opportunities to interview an actor that isn’t in the tank for Obama, and he spends 95% of it scolding the guy for a potty mouth in order to demonstrate what “culture warrior” he is.

And, immediately afterward, he spent half of the Miller segment congratulating himself for scolding Miller’s friend.

What a tool.

HuskerNate on May 10, 2012 at 5:56 PM

JPeterman on May 10, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Yeah, I caught the Miller seg too. Righteous.

novaculus on May 10, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Don’t know about the rest of you but this is why I tune in. AP=master wordsmith.

hopeful on May 10, 2012 at 5:57 PM

How could anyone vote for someone who killed five hookers?

ModerateMan on May 10, 2012 at 5:50 PM

That’s just a trifle compared to what he did for to Lubbock.

cozmo on May 10, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Count it!

thirtyandseven on May 10, 2012 at 5:59 PM

“Hello, Mr. Devil. I like your cape.”

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on May 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Our home WILL vote for Ted Cruz.
L

letget on May 10, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Yes, ours too. Even though we have supported the incumbent for years. The great Texas Shuffle-Up through state politics was interrrupted, ironically, by KB Huchtison’s repulsive shenanigans. As it turns out, fine with me if we can get Cruz in office.

RushBaby on May 10, 2012 at 6:03 PM

JPeterman on May 10, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I saw that and thought the same thing. Bill wasn’t letting it go.

silvernana on May 10, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Yeah, those damned reporters have been asking about how much of “their fair share” have they been donating to charity. Saying “I just bought MYSELF a new ____________.” evidently doesn’t count.

GarandFan on May 10, 2012 at 6:14 PM

I was never a big Lovitz fan.

I’m liking him more every day, though.

trigon on May 10, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I thought he was great as the voice of The Critic, and the “head hunting” baseball scout at the beginning of “A League Of Their Own”.

But like so many other people in the entertainment industry, his political views “severely vacuum” (until recently).

listens2glenn on May 10, 2012 at 6:22 PM

cozmo on May 10, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Do you think we get both angles of his mugshot on one yard-sized campaign poster?

listens2glenn on May 10, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Nice.

In all honesty, though…when I’ve found a movie with George Clooney to be nauseating, it usually isn’t Clooney’s acting that’s the problem. I think he’s smooth and has very good delivery. From Dusk Till Dawn? Awesomeness.

MadisonConservative on May 10, 2012 at 6:28 PM

I liked him in Rat Race. That whole movie was hilarious!

22044 on May 10, 2012 at 6:33 PM

JPeterman on May 10, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Yeah, I caught the Miller seg too. Righteous.

novaculus on May 10, 2012 at 5:56 PM

I will usually agree with O Reilly. Not this time, he is dead wrong in his assumption, I think it was his best Arsenio Hall v. Vanilla Ice beat down.

DDay on May 10, 2012 at 6:33 PM

“Also, George Clooney will be there”. Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhaha… Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhhahahahahahhahahahahahahahh.

2Tru2Tru on May 10, 2012 at 6:56 PM

But isn’t… oh i get it now.

MechanicalBill on May 10, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Actions speak louder than words.

And acting speaks louder than, uhh, the way Hollywood votes.

Lourdes on May 10, 2012 at 8:08 PM

We’ll see just how much Lovitz and the rest of the entertainment industry is disillusioned with Obama when the November vote results are in.

Some are beginning to grumble about Obama now because they’re trying to get out in front of the social-consumer-boxoffice preferences after Obama loses his reelection bid. They don’t want to get stuck in being labeled as that-which-the-audience-no-longer-applauds (meaning, they don’ t want to be known as “Obama supporters” once the votes are in and it’s shown how unpopular he actually is…because those views ALSO show up in boxoffice results).

But these entertainment people will never support anyone except Leftwing politicians. An example of this: J.J.Abrams, director and producer, is known as Pelosi’s fundraiser in Hollywood. They may grumble with impatience at Obama and associates, but they’ll always fundraise and vote for them. As will, almost certainly, Jon Lovitz.

Lourdes on May 10, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Something entirely excluded from the whole ‘Obama fundraising’ madness by Hollywood, especially where George Clooney is concerned: Clooney lives in Italy! He also houses in L.A. when he has to but his primary residence is in Italy. ‘Cause he’s just too-too to ever continue on in disgusting-ole-America, I guess. Same as to many of these big-money getters from Hollywood…Spielberg lives on his yacht and/or on a Portugese island, and…

They may keep domiciles in California and/or New York, but most of these do what they can to keep most of what they have out of the hands of the IRS if not out of this country.

Now that I think of it, they DO resemble Obama, don’t they?

Lourdes on May 10, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Out of habit I suppose, I didn’t quit trying to watch to The Tonight Show. It’s been a left-wing hellhole the last several years, but suddenly it’s OK to start telling jokes about Obama.

I’m mystified — maybe the Obama has lost the godlike glow or the entertainment industry is scared about where the country is headed?

Feedie on May 10, 2012 at 8:57 PM

“The main attraction: A huge A-list mega-celebrity known more for his personal charm than his body of work. Also, George Clooney will be there.”

SNORT! Excellent!

sablegsd on May 10, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Spare me the “respect the office” crap, O’Reilly. The morons who gave Obama the office disrespected it by doing so, don’t blame us who simply recognize that travesty.

Malachi45 on May 11, 2012 at 1:02 AM

The Obama Administration.

IT STINKS!

Good Lt on May 11, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Lovitz would be better on FOX than O’Reilly at this point.

Urban Infidel on May 11, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Susan Sarandon will no doubt attend the Clooney event. Someone should remind her that had she not looked good in her underwear when she auditioned for “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” she’d be slinging hash in a diner somewhere.

Colony14 on May 11, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Lovitz should replace Bob Beckel on Fox.

Colony14 on May 11, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I’m grateful to Lovitz for coming out swinging on this.
Disappointed in OReilly for wasting time on “respect for the office” BS because, when you’ve got a guy who defends sticking a fork in a baby’s skull and is systematically gutting the Constitution & our inalienable rights for a President, that’s pretty far down on the laundry list of concerns to have.

ravenhairedmaid on May 11, 2012 at 7:00 PM