Quotes of the day

posted at 10:32 pm on May 9, 2012 by Allahpundit

In the end, the values that the President cares most deeply about is how we treat other people. The President and First Lady are both practicing Christians, and obviously this position may be considered to put them at odds with the views of others, but when we think about our faith, the thing at root that we think about is not only Christ sacrificing Himself on our behalf, but it’s also the Golden Rule: Treat others the way you’d want to be treated.

We make it absolutely clear that we are talking about civil marriages and civil laws. This isn’t a federal issue. We must be respectful of religious liberty, that churches and other faith institutions are still going to be able to make determinations about what their sacraments are, what they recognize.

***

Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s comments over the weekend “expedited” the president’s timing in making his announcement, aides said in interviews on Wednesday, but it did not help shape his decision. The president has gradually reached his position over the last year, advisers said, and was particularly influenced last year when legislators in New York voted to legalize same-sex marriage.

“He sat back and thought, ‘What would I do?’”a senior adviser to the president said. “He would have voted yes.”

***

But Biden’s remarks deeply annoyed Obama’s team, people close to the situation tell POLITICO, because it aggrandized his role at the expense of Obama’s yeoman efforts on behalf of the community and pushed up the timing of a sensitive announcement they had hoped to break — at a time and place of their own choosing — in the weeks leading up to the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte this fall.

Nor did it tickle anyone, from Obama on down, that Biden — who backed the Defense of Marriage Act while serving in the Senate in the 1990s — seemed to be getting more credit in the LGBT community than a president who has actually taken steps to repeal the Clinton-era law that defined marriage as something that could only take place between a man and a woman.

And it chafed Obama’s team that Biden had, at times, privately argued for the president to hold off on his support of marriage equality to avoid a backlash among Catholic voters in battleground states such as Ohio and Pennsylvania, according to two officials familiar with those discussions.

***

But his decision also reflects a hard-headed acknowledgement of the changing nature of the Democratic electoral coalition. Indeed, historians may someday view Obama’s announcement Wednesday as a milestone in the evolution of his party’s political strategy, because it shows the president and his campaign team are increasingly comfortable responding to the actual coalition that elects Democrats today-not the one that many in the party remember from their youth…

Obama’s announcement might not significantly change the overall level of his 2012 support, especially in an election where economic issues will dominate. But the announcement may reflect the Obama camp’s thinking about the likely composition of his support. It shows the president, however reluctantly, formulating an agenda that implicitly acknowledges the party is unlikely to recreate the support it attracted from the white working-class and senior voters who anchored Franklin Roosevelt’s New Deal coalition. Instead, the announcement shows him reaching out to mobilize the new pillars of the Democratic electorate, particularly younger people and socially liberal white collar whites.

***

President Barack Obama’s endorsement of gay marriage carries a political cost, but it also means floods of cash from wealthy gay donors and disillusioned young people eager to be inspired by him again…

“This is beyond unifying — it’s electrifying,” said Eugene Sepulveda, a former top bundler who withdrew to take a non-political job early this year. “This man stands for right, despite the political consequences.”

And for a class of disillusioned progressive mega-donors, many of them gay, the completion of Obama’s “evolution” is an invitation reason to return.

***

“That the president has chosen today, when LGBT Americans are mourning the passage of Amendment One, to finally speak up for marriage equality is offensive and callous,” said R. Clarke Cooper, Log Cabin Republicans Executive Director. “Log Cabin Republicans appreciate that President Obama has finally come in line with leaders like Vice President Dick Cheney on this issue, but LGBT Americans are right to be angry that this calculated announcement comes too late to be of any use to the people of North Carolina, or any of the other states that have addressed this issue on his watch. This administration has manipulated LGBT families for political gain as much as anybody, and after his campaign’s ridiculous contortions to deny support for marriage equality this week he does not deserve praise for an announcement that comes a day late and a dollar short.”

***

Richard Grenell, the gay Republican foreign policy aide who resigned from his job on the Mitt Romney campaign last week after the religious right raised objections, wasn’t cutting Mr. Obama much slack on Wednesday. “While I am pleased with President Obama’s new decision, it’s important to keep politicians from playing politics with a group’s civil rights,” Mr. Grenell said in an interview. “The president’s timing suggests that he is once again more concerned with his own political calculations than with actual equal rights. The president could have evolved when the Democrats controlled the House and the Senate, or even yesterday, before the swing state of North Carolina voted.”

***

A leading voice in the social conservative movement is worried that the tide has turned against the right on gay marriage and that President Obama’s announcement could further erode their position.

Eagle Forum President Phyllis Schlafly expressed concern when asked about the long-term effects of having a sitting president supporting gay marriage and polling that shows an increasing number of voters support same-sex marriage, especially young voters.

“What you say about the polls is correct about the younger people feeling a lot differently,” she told The Hill Wednesday afternoon. “I think [Obama is] making a terrible mistake for the future of our country as well as politically.”

***

LaSalvia says most Republicans have welcomed GOProud to the fold. “I go all over the country and gay people come up to me and say, ‘I’m not ready to vote Republican yet, but I’m really conservative.’”

He continued: “I speak at colleges once or twice a month, and every single time I’ve gone to a college the speech has been sponsored by the campus conservative group or the College Republicans. Not that long ago that speech would have been sponsored by the campus gay group. Whenever I’m at a conservative event like CPAC, my experience is overwhelmingly positive. I always hear ‘We’re so glad you’re here.’ And I hear all the time from big names in the conservative movement, ‘I can’t say it publicly yet, but I support you’re right to marry.’ I also hear ‘it’s not an issue for me.’”

***

“It is very sad to me that people who belong to the party of Abraham Lincoln are resisting so strenuously the equality and decency and integrity and treatment of our gay and lesbian brothers and sisters,” Olson said. “This seems to be one of the last major civil rights battles of our country. And for people in our country to come out in numbers like this and say, ‘Well, we don’t want the persons next door—who are decent, God-fearing, taxpaying, obeying-the-law citizens who simply want to have happiness like the rest of us’—to say ‘No, I have that right and you can’t have it.’ That just seems mean to me.”

***

Depite his evolution on the matter, Obama contends that he still supports states’ right to decide the issue. So perhaps one day someone covering the White House can ask Jay Carney or the president why gay marriage deserves special consideration? Even Adam Sewer at the hopelessly left-wing Mother Jones correctly notes: “Obama has endorsed marriage equality federalism—not the notion that marriage for gays and lesbians is a fundamental right guaranteed by the Constitution that can never be taken away.”

Which begs an obvious question: If Obama has endorsed federalism and believes that states have the right to define marriage, then why doesn’t he support the ability of states to extricate themselves from Obamacare? Why don’t states have the right to dictate their immigration laws? And does he “personally” believe that states should be able decide the issue of abortion? Roe v. Wade exists, but so does the Defense of Marriage Act.

***

[I]f you accept the framing of the debate that many liberals (and many journalists) embrace, then you have to acknowledge that President Obama has spent the last four years lying to the American people about his convictions on one of the defining civil rights issues of our time, and giving aid and comfort to pure bigotry in the service of his other political priorities.

This is a harsh indictment, but it’s one that follows inexorably from premises that many of the president’s own supporters have wholeheartedly embraced. If they hold true to these premises — and the press holds true to its obligations — then the kind of uncomfortable questions the White House spent this week dodging will be asked again and again of the president over the course of the campaign to come.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Obama needs to call Ms. Fluke and apologize…

Can’t have it both ways……

Electrongod on May 9, 2012 at 11:41 PM

If Joe Biden is such a loose cannon, Valerie Jarrett is going to have to step it up to gain control over the message.

d1carter on May 9, 2012 at 11:41 PM

The most historically DISASTROUS president EVAH!

wildcat72 on May 9, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Oh…..
I smashed a mirror…

Not sure why though….but it felt good.

Electrongod on May 9, 2012 at 11:38 PM

LOL! ; ) I’m looking for one to smash right now.

Bmore on May 9, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Relax

jaime on May 9, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Your Song

jaime on May 9, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I like that song because I tend to hit folk-rock ballads out of the park.
What might have been.
*sigh*

annoyinglittletwerp on May 9, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Bmore on May 9, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I’ve been feeling slightly bludgeoned.

I thought they were such big believers in the separation of church and state.

Bitter Clinger on May 9, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Only when convenient.

They are such cynics. It beats me why anyone takes them seriously about anything.

INC on May 9, 2012 at 11:44 PM

kisses

jaime on May 9, 2012 at 11:46 PM

So the WH has no compunction in bringing in the Lord Jesus and the Bible as talking points to justify immorality condemned by God? When did false prophets start clinging bitterly to their Bibles? This is incredible blasphemy.

INC on May 9, 2012 at 11:30 PM

This statement puts to rest his claim to be a Christian. Much more could be said, but I’ll leave it at that.

bluefox on May 9, 2012 at 11:47 PM

…they won’t cling to their guns!

KOOLAID2 on May 9, 2012 at 11:37 PM

They’re too busy sending them across the border!

INC on May 9, 2012 at 11:48 PM

I’ve been feeling slightly bludgeoned.

INC on May 9, 2012 at 11:44 PM

They are trying to tire us out and wear us down. Its working. ; )

Bmore on May 9, 2012 at 11:48 PM

bluefox on May 9, 2012 at 11:47 PM

It does.

Bmore on May 9, 2012 at 11:48 PM

The beatings with posts will continue until morale improves.

INC on May 9, 2012 at 11:49 PM

true colors

jaime on May 9, 2012 at 11:50 PM

kisses

jaime on May 9, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Thanks…..
My computer re-booted..

Electrongod on May 9, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Sara Smile

JPeterman on May 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Trillions of dollars in debt, real unemployement is what 13/14%, Europe is crumbling before our very eyes, we have new and improved underwear bombs and people are focused on whether Jim and David can get married.

Talk about misplaced priorities.

gophergirl on May 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM

d1carter on May 9, 2012 at 11:41 PM

LoLz..She would be worse..And they know it!..:)

Dire Straits on May 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM

express yourself

jaime on May 9, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Smart Power in the Obama White House needs yet another “re-set” button….

Or is this “gee, I’m all for gay marriage” stuff causing ripples abroad?

Russia’s newly crowned Emperor Vladimir [aka Putin] has cancelled his meet with Obama and will not be taking part in the G-8 Summit.

To paraphrase Mitt Romney, earlier today, aren’t there more important things going on in the world other than Obama pandering to yet another interest group?

coldwarrior on May 9, 2012 at 11:53 PM

The most surprising thing about all those quotes is learning that Phyllis Schlafly is still alive & kicking. You go girl!

KS Rex on May 9, 2012 at 11:53 PM

true colors

jaime on May 9, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Not bad….

*re-boot in 30 seconds…..*

See you on the flip sid…..beeeeeeeep.

Electrongod on May 9, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Talk about misplaced priorities.

gophergirl on May 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I agree..Team Romney were handed a gift todayand yesterday that you don’t get too often in a campaign..It makes one think that Team Obie is desperate..:)

Dire Straits on May 9, 2012 at 11:55 PM

gophergirl on May 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Somewhere on the first page I asked what would be the next outrage/topic the WH would use to avoid talking about Obama’s record.

I’m ready for something calm and mildly interesting.

INC on May 9, 2012 at 11:55 PM

What have I done

jaime on May 9, 2012 at 11:56 PM

coldwarrior on May 9, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Hear!..Hear!..:)

Dire Straits on May 9, 2012 at 11:56 PM

There is routine lying and then there is pathological lying.

VorDaj on May 9, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I would add that to be a practicing Christian, one must not only know and understand the Scriptures, but believe them and follow them.

bluefox on May 9, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Best time of my life!

tom daschle concerned on May 9, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I agree..Team Romney was handed a gift today and yesterday that you don’t get too often in a campaign..It makes one think that Team Obie is desperate..:)

Dire Straits on May 9, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Dire Straits on May 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM

President Obama gave up on pretending to be against gay marriage, when is he going to give up on pretending to be a Christian?

Kjeil on May 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Look like a lady

jaime on May 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM

And in other news…

“I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I talked to friends and family and neighbors, when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together; when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage…”

Only in totally repressed nations, vile dictatorships, do members of the armed forces “fight on the behalf of the leader.”

Freudian slip? Or, is Obama once again revealing a deeper more sinister side of himself?

coldwarrior on May 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM

coldwarrior on May 9, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I was just going to post that. Did you happen to see Frank Luntz on Hannity tonight? He just returned from Russia, who was either covering or participating in the protests against Putin.

He said things are really bad over there right now and that he feels sorry for the people of Russia. The Cold War is reheating, those are my fathers words.

JPeterman on May 9, 2012 at 11:58 PM

when is he going to give up on pretending to be a Christian?

Kjeil on May 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I wish he’d give up pretending to be President.

coldwarrior on May 9, 2012 at 11:58 PM

I’m coming out

jaime on May 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM

On my Mp3

annoyinglittletwerp on May 10, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Whip It!

jaime on May 10, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Oh a dog song-you know…whippets.
*runs*

annoyinglittletwerp on May 10, 2012 at 12:04 AM

coldwarrior on May 9, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Thank you for the heads up on that.

JPeterman on May 9, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Did Luntz give any specifics?

INC on May 10, 2012 at 12:04 AM

The wife just turned on the projector….Movie time..

Take care friends…

jaime!…….later..

Electrongod on May 10, 2012 at 12:04 AM

It’s Raining Men

jaime on May 10, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Electrongod on May 10, 2012 at 12:04 AM

‘Nite, Electrongod. Have a great evening!

jaime on May 10, 2012 at 12:05 AM

jaime on May 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Nice job with the jukebox tonight!..:)

Dire Straits on May 10, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Did Luntz give any specifics?

INC on May 10, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I’m watching the rerun of Hannity right now, Luntz is up next. I do know that he called in to Hannity last week from Russia, and he was spooked.

I’ll report back.

JPeterman on May 10, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Nice job with the jukebox tonight!..:)

Dire Straits on May 10, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Chit..chat…

So I have been told….

Whatever…

Tomorrow…Dire….jaime..

Electrongod on May 10, 2012 at 12:08 AM

a little respect

jaime on May 10, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I’m ready for something calm and mildly interesting.

INC on May 9, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I think it’s already starting. Obesity is the next target. They are coming after the junk food and the pop.

Mark my words.

gophergirl on May 10, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Dire Straits on May 10, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Thanks, Dire. Just a few more then I have to go.

jaime on May 10, 2012 at 12:10 AM

coldwarrior on May 9, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Hear!..Hear!..:)

Dire Straits on May 9, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Well, here’s one:
Fed clears China’s first US bank takeover

The United States on Wednesday opened its banking market to ICBC, China’s biggest bank, for the first time clearing a takeover of a US bank by a Chinese state-controlled company.

Per Drudge

bluefox on May 10, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I’m starting to feel like the guy at the end of this vid.

Bmore on May 10, 2012 at 12:11 AM

This Charming Man

jaime on May 10, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Every American who can’t find work, whose home us under water or who can’t afford to fill up his gas tank should be wondering why the president is spending even one second of his time thinking about how and to radically transform the institution of marriage. It’s a political move meant to energize his leftwing base and distract Americans from his disastrous economic policies.

..Gary L Bauer..:)

PS..Sums it up well!..:)

Dire Straits on May 10, 2012 at 12:13 AM

How many of these little buggers are there!?

OldEnglish on May 10, 2012 at 12:14 AM

bluefox on May 9, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Then I’ll say it. His hypocrisy will be judged by God and God alone. (But the last time I checked, Christians still have the right to vote their conscience in this country).

Rovin on May 10, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Tomorrow…Dire….jaime..

Electrongod on May 10, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Later..Enjoyed it!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 10, 2012 at 12:14 AM

smalltown boy

jaime on May 10, 2012 at 12:15 AM

..Gary L Bauer..:)

PS..Sums it up well!..:)

Dire Straits on May 10, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Exactly. They tried the war on women and that didn’t work. Now they are trying this. This won’t work either.

gophergirl on May 10, 2012 at 12:16 AM

bluefox on May 10, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Wow..Interesting and scary..:)

Dire Straits on May 10, 2012 at 12:17 AM

The President and First Lady are both practicing Christians . . . .

excerpt: Allahpundit

Are you kidding?

I believe you have just insulted contemporary Christians beyond words.

Kjeil on May 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Kjeil has the right handle on it. : )

I wish he’d give up pretending to be President.

coldwarrior on May 9, 2012 at 11:58 PM

And that’s an even better handle on it!

THREAD WINNER ! ! !

listens2glenn on May 10, 2012 at 12:17 AM

I saw Morissey a few years ago. It was amazing.

tom daschle concerned on May 10, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Johnny are you queer?

jaime on May 10, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Kjeil on May 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I think he did that with his statement. Read the following:

INC on May 9, 2012 at 11:30 PM

bluefox on May 9, 2012 at 11:47 PM

bluefox on May 10, 2012 at 12:18 AM

gophergirl on May 10, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I agree..:)

PS..Like I said Team Romney was handed a gift..:)

Dire Straits on May 10, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I know What Boys Like

jaime on May 10, 2012 at 12:21 AM

From one of the dead threads:

From Obummer’s campaign e-mail

Even at my own dinner table, when I look at Sasha and Malia, who have friends whose parents are same-sex couples, I know it wouldn’t dawn on them that their friends’ parents should be treated differently.

You know, when I was growing up, I always marveled at how journalists and politicians always had a “green left-handed, pigeon-toed three-eyed” friend that just happened to match up with whatever the story de’ jour happened to be and always wondered how those people had such a network of friends and acquaintances. After I realized that these were liberals and that liberals always lie (I’m sorry, create “composites”), I then understood how these people could always just happen to have a gay, same-sex married couple with kids as acquaintances.

AZfederalist on May 10, 2012 at 12:22 AM

gophergirl on May 10, 2012 at 12:09 AM

I believe you, but it will be obvious flailing. The adults most definitely are not in charge.

INC on May 10, 2012 at 12:23 AM

What about me.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 10, 2012 at 12:24 AM

bluefox on May 9, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Rovin on May 10, 2012 at 12:14 AM

God will dispense Judgement, that is true. But you and I and most everyone make a Judgement call everyday in many areas. Just because someone says something, doesn’t mean it is true, nor does it mean we should believe what they say. Does a person walk their talk? If not, then I reject their talk. Very simple.

bluefox on May 10, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Today is the day that the Democrat Party officially became a regional, niche party… The party of the mis-educated coastal elitist wannabe…

phreshone on May 10, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Tainted Love

jaime on May 10, 2012 at 12:25 AM

What about me.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 10, 2012 at 12:24 AM

How about this for Obie’s commitment to the LGBT community?

uncommon sense on May 10, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Rovin on May 10, 2012 at 12:14 AM

While what you say is true, scripture also says, “By their fruits, you will know them”. We are not to judge a person’s confession; however, if they confess to believe one way and then behave publicly and repeatedly in a different manner, then we can certainly judge that their actions do not match their confession.

By this, I don’t mean sins of weakness or transgressions that all sinful humans commit, but the deliberate, open, unrepentant sins that call into question the confession.

AZfederalist on May 10, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Blue Money.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 10, 2012 at 12:27 AM

bluefox on May 10, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Wow..Interesting and scary..:)

Dire Straits on May 10, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Yes it is. It really doesn’t surprise me. I’ve always wondered what collateral China was given for the mega bucks they were giving us. I can’t get a personal loan for 5,000 dollars without collateral:-)

bluefox on May 10, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Listening to some David Phelps (one of the best Christian singers of all time IMO) while doing origami and taking a break every now and then to read some Hot Air. Nice relaxing evening. :)

Only thing better would be if I had some soda on hand, but alas, I am out. Feeling too lazy to make a night trip to the store.

McDuck on May 10, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Tainted Love

jaime on May 10, 2012 at 12:25 AM

How about this?

uncommon sense on May 10, 2012 at 12:33 AM

bluefox on May 10, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Very good point!!..There are a lot of things happening..:)

Dire Straits on May 10, 2012 at 12:33 AM

AZfederalist on May 10, 2012 at 12:22 AM

It’s amazing isn’t it? LOL My dtr when about 3 years old, had many pretend friends too. But she long ago put away childish things:-)

The great pretender…….

bluefox on May 10, 2012 at 12:33 AM

not with this lsm with tingles ‘this president made history today’ matthews…they’ll focus on romney and his position instead

cmsinaz on May 10, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Indeed, if you accept the framing of the debate that many liberals (and many journalists) embrace, then you have to acknowledge that President Obama has spent the last four years lying to the American people about his convictions on one of the defining civil rights issues of our time, and giving aid and comfort to pure bigotry in the service of his other political priorities.

Schadenfreude on May 10, 2012 at 12:37 AM

When will he stop pretending to tell the truth?

Schadenfreude on May 10, 2012 at 12:39 AM

When will he stop pretending to tell the truth?

Schadenfreude on May 10, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Never, as it isn’t in his best interest, he is a purely political creature, and hence will only do and say what he thinks benefits his position.

uncommon sense on May 10, 2012 at 12:42 AM

How about this?

uncommon sense on May 10, 2012 at 12:33 AM

totally gay

jaime on May 10, 2012 at 12:42 AM

totally gay

jaime on May 10, 2012 at 12:42 AM

uh, wasn’t that the point??? ;-)

uncommon sense on May 10, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Teh Ghey overload…

… Good Night All!

Ville Valo & Natalia Avelon Summer Wine sa prevodom

Seven Percent Solution on May 10, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Hmmm, since *Teh One* came out on what he really thinks of gay marriage, when will he *Come Out* about how he FEELS about gay marriage?

angrymike on May 10, 2012 at 12:46 AM

cmsinaz on May 10, 2012 at 12:37 AM

You make a good point..But I thought Team Romney played this well..So far!..:)

Dire Straits on May 10, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Dire
I think team Rmoney™ has played everything well………So far……;-)

angrymike on May 10, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Dire
I think team Rmoney™ has played everything well………So far……;-)

angrymike on May 10, 2012 at 12:50 AM

How’s it going Dire and Mike? Yes it is rather amazing to see how well Rmoney™ and his crew are responding to everything. I can’t believe that Axelturde and Ploufey are this bad, or was it that they didn’t have to be that good when the MSM wasn’t going to vette their candidate?

uncommon sense on May 10, 2012 at 12:53 AM

…the thing at root that we think about is not only Christ sacrificing Himself on our behalf, but it’s also the Golden Rule: Treat others the way you’d want to be treated…AND GET IN THEIR FACE!!! if being nice doesn’t work.

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 10, 2012 at 12:53 AM

I think team Rmoney™ has played everything well………So far……;-)

angrymike on May 10, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Good point!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 10, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Dire Straits on May 10, 2012 at 12:46 AM

yepper, tomorrow is another story for the lsm though

good to see you :)

cmsinaz on May 10, 2012 at 12:58 AM

uncommon sense on May 10, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Good to see you..You are doing a very good job of reading the tea leaves!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 10, 2012 at 12:59 AM

tom daschle concerned on May 10, 2012 at 12:17 AM

saw him in 08…excellent concert indeed

cmsinaz on May 10, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Talk about misplaced priorities.

gophergirl on May 9, 2012 at 11:52 PM

It is fine fiddle music to accompany the flames.

BL@KBIRD on May 10, 2012 at 12:59 AM

good to see you :)

cmsinaz on May 10, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Always my pleasure to see you!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 10, 2012 at 1:00 AM

just a quick peek at QOTD…i’m thinking Ed will pop in
‘on my behalf’ as the OOTD tomorrow am

y’all stay cool and see you in the am

cmsinaz on May 10, 2012 at 1:01 AM