Quotes of the day

posted at 10:33 pm on May 8, 2012 by Allahpundit

Whether or not your mom’s on Twitter, here’s something guaranteed to make her smile on Sunday: getting a personal shout-out from President Obama.

From now until Thursday at midnight, you have a chance to win that for your mom or a special mother in your life — just get five or more donations to your grassroots fundraising page to automatically put yourself in the running…

That’s right: If your name is drawn, the President will send your mom a special Mother’s Day tweet from @BarackObama.

***

Now, at the time the aforementioned articles were written, Obama was ahead by a little more than three points nationally. This would represent a 4-point swing toward Republicans, and our baseline would give the president a 303-235 win. Florida would flip into the GOP column. Montana would move out of the “close” category, and Colorado would move in. Romney would still have to thread an extremely narrow needle to get to 269 electoral votes under this scenario, but it would be possible. He would have to win all of the “close” states – a tremendous task.

But what about today? Recent polls have shown the race closing to a one-point Obama lead. Now Ohio joins the Republican coalition, and Romney is up to 253 electoral votes. North Carolina and Indiana are no longer close. And, critically, a number of states in the “big blue wall” are placed on the playing field as the margins in Pennsylvania and Minnesota, along with New Hampshire and Iowa, join the “less than five points” category. In other words, Romney now has multiple paths to victory (as does Obama)

What about if things break for Romney, and he is winning by four points as we approach Election Day? In that event, states like Pennsylvania and New Hampshire would fall into the GOP column, while Nevada, Wisconsin, New Mexico, and New Jersey are on his campaign’s radar screen. Colorado and Virginia are only on the outskirts of competitiveness for Team Obama. Under this scenario, it is Obama who has only one or two paths to victory, while Romney enjoys an embarrassment of riches.

***

Obama’s path is somewhat geographically narrow in that he probably needs to win three of the five big Eastern swing states: Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, Ohio and Florida.

But demographically, it’s ultra-narrow. Team Obama wants to hold down turnout for Romney in the ‘burbs and with blue-collar voters, while simultaneously squeezing out every vote from key Democratic groups: government worker unions, Hispanics, blacks, the poor, etc.

This is not a strategy for a broad victory, but a narrow one, won in Salvadoran neighborhoods in Northern Virginia, black precincts in Philadelphia and a dozen state-capital counties where AFSCME can drive turnout…

[I]f Romney succeeds in keeping the discussion on the anemic economy and record deficits, there’s no amount of money, technology or organization that can keep Obama in the White House.

***

The brand of the Obama reelection campaign, so far, is ruthlessness. It has accused Mitt Romney of being soft on Osama bin Laden. It has singled out some Romney donors by name for public attack. Romney, we are informed, enjoys shipping jobs abroad, which is “just what you’d expect from a guy who had a Swiss bank account.” Obama has accused Republican congressional opponents of social Darwinism and indifference to autistic children…

Obama’s political identity is particularly vulnerable to inconsistency on this issue. More than any recent presidential candidate, his initial appeal was based on changing the political atmosphere. He would end the “partisan food fight.” There are no red or blue states, he said, just the United States…

All of the atmospheric elements of politics — unity, bipartisanship and common purpose — are significantly worse than four years ago. This is not all Obama’s fault. But he is choosing — in a campaign so nasty, so early — to make it worse. At some point, ruthlessness just leaves ruins.

***

Yes, the president — who has a unified party, is the one who relates to voters so well, has loyal support among the swooning apologencia (new word) on the left, and is the bee’s knees to every modern pop-culture disciple. What is wrong? Why isn’t Obama cruising right now with a big lead over Romney? Answer: Romney is stronger than he has been portrayed and Obama is weaker than most people think. How else do you explain the current polls?

If Romney should be limping after the ugly primaries, burdened by the so-called clumsy Republican leadership and a backward GOP House majority, but isn’t, how strong will he be when he shakes off the mud from the primaries and has been alone in the spotlight for a few weeks? In politics it is an advantage to be underestimated. Conversely, it is not helpful to be overestimated. Maybe Romney’s problems are overstated and perhaps Obama’s are too eagerly minimized. Obama is the favorite and right now he should be dominating the race. He has every advantage. His problems with the economy are obvious, but he may have another problem that his supporters can’t bring themselves to admit, and that is a formidable Mitt Romney.

***

“The reality is that when Bill Clinton ran in ’92, he ran as a new Democrat,” said the aide, citing ticket’s campaign pledge to reform welfare. “That was the famous ad that they ran: Clinton and Gore were going to be different kinds of Democrats.”

He continued: “President Obama has really turned his back on all of that. He hasn’t run as a new Democrat, he’s run as an old Democrat… more spending, more taxation, more regulation.”

***

Via Greg Hengler.

***

Newsflash: Nothing is in the bag. Nothing can be taken for granted. Everybody from the precinct door-knocker, to the Chicago high command, to the White House, to the halls of Congress, to the Senate and House committees, to congressional leadership, here is a simple message: If we don’t get on the offense, reconnect with the American people, talk about how the middle class is in a struggle for its very existence, hold the Republicans accountable and fight like the dickens, we are going to lose.

You can shoot five Bin Ladens, you can save 10,000 banks and 20 car companies, even pass the most sweeping legislation in modern American history; if people don’t think that you are connected to their lives and are fighting for their interests they will vote your tush out of office in a nano-second. For historical reference see Winston Churchill election of 1945 and President George H.W. Bush in 1992…

It has been said that, “Nothing so focuses a man’s attention as the prospect of being hanged.” Look around Democrats — Come November lets make sure that it’s Mitt and his bunch at the end of that figurative rope and not us.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Let’s hope you get going again by Monday!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 9, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Dire, you don’t know how many times we think of the same thing. I like it. HA makes me feel the world ain’t ending—- at least not for a couple more years.

arnold ziffel on May 9, 2012 at 1:27 AM

I got a new FB friend today. He’s an ACTOR! Woo-Hoo!

annoyinglittletwerp on May 9, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Barry OHilo?

arnold ziffel on May 9, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I got a new FB friend today. He’s an ACTOR! Woo-Hoo!

annoyinglittletwerp on May 9, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I thought you told Montana that you weren’t impressed by/with celebs. So…he must be a hottie. ;)

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 1:30 AM

arnold ziffel on May 9, 2012 at 1:27 AM

+ 100..I have faith we are going to win this thing!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 9, 2012 at 1:30 AM

4Grace
Sorry, I hope you smiled any way………. I’ve cracked ribs a few times it really sucks, I hope yours isn’t worse then a crack, I know it takes a looong time for a crack to heal. I hope you have a speedy recovery ……..;-)

angrymike on May 9, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Barry OHilo?

arnold ziffel on May 9, 2012 at 1:29 AM

rofl..:)

Dire Straits on May 9, 2012 at 1:30 AM

arnold ziffel on May 9, 2012 at 1:11 AM

We porcine are smart folk. Our cousin, “Oink” had a good line on the Lugar thread, “say goodnight Dick”. I had to laugh (in)…

Gohawgs on May 9, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Tonic – Open Up Your Eyes

the new aesthetic on May 9, 2012 at 1:32 AM

cane_loader on May 9, 2012 at 12:38 AM

That is good news!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 9, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Dad was asleep, but Mom said he got the knife and has been using it…. so at least a little bit of order have been restored to his world.

No thanks to those #^#!&^!*#$%^#s at the TSA.

I don’t even want to think about it – I’m still so furious at how they treated him in a wheelchair at the airport a couple weeks ago.

Romney better abolish that damn agency. The whole nation would stand up and cheer. At this point, I think that more people hate the TSA than hate the Taliban

cane_loader on May 9, 2012 at 1:32 AM

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 1:30 AM

No. He’s old enough to have a child my age. He’s conservative though. I met him through Ace’s FB page-and HE made the request.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 9, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I here laughing a lot is very good for sore ribs, coughing to………..>;-)

angrymike on May 9, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Definitely. I sneezed this morning and almost passed out. Haha

I’ve cracked ribs before, but this cartilage separation thingy sucks. It’s OK though. I had my pity party last night. Balloons, cake, sad songs, chocolate…I’m blessed with good health and it will all be fine. Just don’t make me laugh, mike!!

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Laughing, coughing, and sneezing are also good for hernias, and open-heart surgery.

listens2glenn on May 9, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I can’t be very specific for security reasons. I think the reasons for the welcomes back are because I announced before leaving that I would be out. I tried to tell Dire but he missed it, so I told cozmo to let Dire know. That was not the best thing to do. If you know cozmo, he likes to play. At any rate knowing I would not be able to post I didn’t want Dire to think I had been banned. After all folks do get banned for an assortment of reasons. Where I was it was almost impossible to post with any frequency. So I pretty much didn’t. I guess because I’m usually here and then wasn’t folks are being nice to say they ware glad to have me back. It was work related and not very exotic although it was on the waters edge. How’s that? ; )

Bmore on May 9, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Well with that explanation, you officially join the “Man of Mystery” club.

cane_loader on May 9, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Bmore
hmmm on the water, not exotic , you were near lake Erie and didn’t call…….. I’m saddened ….

angrymike on May 9, 2012 at 1:35 AM

angrymike on May 9, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I did smile, thank you! I’m not sure I totally understand this correctly, but I believe the cartilage that connects my rib to my sternum is what has separated. It will heal, I just have to be patient. Unfortunately, patience has never been my strong suit. LOL

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Did anyone dare take a peek at the Open/Luger thread? I wonder if they’re still going at it. Wouldn’t surprise me.

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 1:36 AM

I’ve gotta head out for some late-night grub. Worked hard most of the day, in between postings, and didn’t take time to eat, and too tired to cook….

cane_loader on May 9, 2012 at 1:36 AM

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Just don’t breathe. It’ll heal quickest that way.

cane_loader on May 9, 2012 at 1:37 AM

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Now that the homo wars have started, that thing’s going to go until the election.

cane_loader on May 9, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Metallica — Nothing Else Matters

Thank me for the German commercial for Becks.

the new aesthetic on May 9, 2012 at 1:38 AM

cane_loader on May 9, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Good deal..Glad to see your Father and Mother are doing well..:)

PS..You make an excellent point about the TSA..I’m with you!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 9, 2012 at 1:39 AM

4Grace
nope I don’t know how long that takes or if it’s worse than a crack. It sure sounds worse than a crack…….ouch…… speedy recovery to you…..;)

angrymike on May 9, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Good deal..Glad to see your Father and Mother are doing well..:)

PS..You make an excellent point about the TSA..I’m with you!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 9, 2012 at 1:39 AM

It was nice of you to ask! Too bad they live so far away; they’re getting to the age where it’s becoming impractical.

cane_loader on May 9, 2012 at 1:40 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on May 9, 2012 at 1:32 AM

This is kinda sad. If he were a lib, there would be thousands to choose from. Given his age + him being a conservative, I think that narrows it down to about 4 actors. But still very cool, ALT!

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 1:40 AM

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I hope you feel better. Several years ago, I took the trash out before going to bed. Stood on a cinder block to get a better look at the stars. Yes, I had been drinking. I fell and knocked the wind out of meself. I recovered, went to bed and never told wifey about the incident. About 3 am woke up and could hardly breathe. I had cracked two ribs. They took at least a month to feel normal. Lesson is, have the wife or kid take out the trash.

arnold ziffel on May 9, 2012 at 1:41 AM

The TSA, in its stubborn refusal to target the actual terrorists, has violated a family member of nearly everyone in this country. If this keeps up, they will be more hated than the IRS, more hated than the Taliban, and more hated than Bush.

The TSA is an out-and-out un-American, tyrannical abomination.

cane_loader on May 9, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Well good night all….. I’m tired as all get out…… sleep well everyone……;)

angrymike on May 9, 2012 at 1:42 AM

cane_loader on May 9, 2012 at 1:38 AM

lol, I was on there myself. How did it devolve to “you haters”?

arnold ziffel on May 9, 2012 at 1:43 AM

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 1:40 AM

He’s a little famous-but not ‘superstar’. Still cool.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 9, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Avenged Sevenfold – So Far Away

Brought to you by Lux, when you want that luster, sheen-y hair.

the new aesthetic on May 9, 2012 at 1:44 AM

cane_loader on May 9, 2012 at 1:36 AM
cane_loader on May 9, 2012 at 1:37 AM
cane_loader on May 9, 2012 at 1:38 AM

1. Go get you some food, child!
2. LOL
3. That’s hilarious, but I’m afraid you may be correct.

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 1:45 AM

angrymike on May 9, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Thanks, mike. :)

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 1:47 AM

BBLate food run – goodnight, those are are hitting the hay :-)

cane_loader on May 9, 2012 at 1:47 AM

O/T: The Colombia hooker said in a television interview she has been contacted by a publisher for a book deal.

She said the agents were stupid brutes who seemed experienced in picking up hookers.

The secret service has not talked to her yet. They said it was because she left the country and they could not find her.

pedestrian on May 9, 2012 at 1:49 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on May 9, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Good deal!!..:)

Dire Straits on May 9, 2012 at 1:49 AM

arnold ziffel on May 9, 2012 at 1:41 AM

I knew better than to read one of your posts, arnold. I’m going to have to learn a “gentle laugh” instead of my usual guffaws and chortles.

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Bmore on May 9, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Now you are going to say you were working with cynccook’s mysterious friend Igor. I hope your work was good.
A friend that lived in the Antelope Valley CA and liked aviation as I do said the neighbor’s dad was always leaving with his heavy coats during the middle of summer during the Cold War and would be gone a week. Do you think he was fishing?

arnold ziffel on May 9, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Goodnight, angrymike.

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 1:52 AM

pedestrian on May 9, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Now why would she want to talk with the SS after her first experience with them? You have to go to Germany if you want that other stuff.

arnold ziffel on May 9, 2012 at 1:53 AM

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 1:50 AM

What the heck did you do to mess up your sternum—-if you care to share. I just hope you will be fine.

arnold ziffel on May 9, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Bmore on May 9, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Excellent tune Bmore!!..:)

PS..I’m going with this one!!..:)

PS..Nice guitar..:)

Dire Straits on May 9, 2012 at 1:58 AM

arnold ziffel on May 9, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Sparring in one of my karate classes. Then, like the fool that I am, I continued about my daily business for a few days after the fact.
I is sooo smart. :)

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 2:01 AM

BMORE, WHERE DID YOU GO? Play us another tune from your QOTD/Canada/canopfor theme.

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 2:03 AM

I is sooo smart. :)

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 2:01 AM

I forgot all about your Kung Fu fighting—I guess you fists weren’t fast as lightning.

arnold ziffel on May 9, 2012 at 2:08 AM

arnold ziffel on May 9, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Apparently not. Great, now I’ll have that song stuck in my head. :)

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Jimmy Scott – Nothing Compares 2U

tom daschle concerned on May 9, 2012 at 2:11 AM

So…I hope and pray that O’s team discovers that Romney can indeed be a stronger candidate than anticipated.

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Jimmy Scott – Nothing Compares 2U

tom daschle concerned on May 9, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Fantastic rendition! A+

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Jimmy Scott – Nothing Compares 2U

tom daschle concerned on May 9, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Very good, thanks.

arnold ziffel on May 9, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Hey snake-face, it’s the economy, stupid. Well, that, and everything else which is being destroyed by unthinking, anti-liberty, tyrannical Marxist policies.

Freelancer on May 9, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Fantastic rendition! A+

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Very good, thanks.

arnold ziffel on May 9, 2012 at 2:22 AM

You are welcome! I’m in a melancholic Twin Peaks mood.

8D

tom daschle concerned on May 9, 2012 at 2:28 AM

You are welcome! I’m in a melancholic Twin Peaks mood.

8D

tom daschle concerned on May 9, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Not Twin Peaks-y, but will this do?

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 2:34 AM

tom daschle concerned on May 9, 2012 at 2:28 AM

I suppose this would be a bit melancholy.

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Sorry, tom d, I was just being a smarta$$ and I’m in a goofy mood.

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Not Twin Peaks-y, but will this do?

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 2:34 AM

That was very nice. I love simple folksy music.

tom daschle concerned on May 9, 2012 at 2:50 AM

That was very nice. I love simple folksy music.

tom daschle concerned on May 9, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Nice. She has a nice voice and she penned so many songs that made other performers very famous.

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 2:57 AM

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 1:30 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on May 9, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Busted:)

MontanaMmmm on May 9, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Hey, Montana! Yeah, sometimes I actually remember things that I’ve read. ;)
How are you this evening/morning?

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 3:04 AM

tom daschle concerned on May 9, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Don’t know if she is your cuppa tea, but this is one of my absolute favorites by Joni Mitchell.

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Busted:)

MontanaMmmm on May 9, 2012 at 3:01 AM

That’s a great one!

Llorando from Mulholland Drive

tom daschle concerned on May 9, 2012 at 3:07 AM

MontanaMmmm on May 9, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Nooo.
His name is Gary Graham.

annoyinglittletwerp on May 9, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Hey, Montana! Yeah, sometimes I actually remember things that I’ve read. ;)
How are you this evening/morning?

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Good catch, you beat me to it, I always seem to have too much life going on to get to the thread early on. I was catching up on the Lugar open thread and started to read the comments… promptly left.

I’m good it was a beautiful day weather wise and other.

MontanaMmmm on May 9, 2012 at 3:10 AM

Sitting here in Limbo. This is a great song…

tom daschle concerned on May 9, 2012 at 3:13 AM

MontanaMmmm on May 9, 2012 at 3:10 AM

Same with me on the schedule thing. I homeschool during the day and work in the evenings, so I sometimes don’t get to comment much before late in the evening.

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 3:14 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on May 9, 2012 at 3:09 AM

I’ll have to look him (Gary) up. Good with faces but not names.

Do they have FB in the afterlife? (JCash) They say those things follow you around forever.

MontanaMmmm on May 9, 2012 at 3:15 AM

This is good…

annoyinglittletwerp on May 9, 2012 at 3:16 AM

This is good…

annoyinglittletwerp on May 9, 2012 at 3:16 AM

LOVE them:)

MontanaMmmm on May 9, 2012 at 3:18 AM

Llorando from Mulholland Drive

tom daschle concerned on May 9, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Verrry nice.
Haven’t seen that movie since it came out. I should watch it again.

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 3:18 AM

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 3:26 AM

as good as you think those cats are…Chreck out Gogol
Start Wearing Purple!

tom daschle concerned on May 9, 2012 at 3:20 AM

OK, that was a trip!

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 3:27 AM

I better hit the hay, too. Goodnight all.

Thanks for the music, tom d.!

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 3:30 AM

Before all else is forgotten, here’s a tribute to Adam Yauch, the bleached blonde of the pioneering Yentl Beastie Boys. You are not dismissed or forgotten.

:D

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on May 9, 2012 at 5:50 AM

Carville slithers into the light to harangue…the Democrats? He may be on the verge of a party switch. Naaaah.

curved space on May 9, 2012 at 6:00 AM

I’m glad that at least Romney is out there attacking Obama by name. That’s a step up from McCain.

JellyToast on May 9, 2012 at 6:12 AM

This is how out of control our system has become, such a disgrace. Our founders would be sick.

dom89031 on May 9, 2012 at 6:28 AM

JellyToast on May 9, 2012 at 6:12 AM

..saw Romney’s effective handling of Obama’s Julia by pointing out not only was it a socialist meme but that it was a cartoon character. (i.e., that he is so unsure of his record he cannot dredge up a real-life example, etc.) Romney’s got some sharp campaigners on his staff.

Another commenter on another thread pointed out that Romney must be pretty tough to come through that death march primary and be within the MOE in polls against a so-called popular pResident. (Don’t say much for Obama, though.)

The War Planner on May 9, 2012 at 6:38 AM

oooh boy a shout out by dear leader….i’m all a tingly……not

pathetic

cmsinaz on May 9, 2012 at 6:46 AM

let the dems keep thinking they have it in the bag…please!!!

idiots

cmsinaz on May 9, 2012 at 6:47 AM

JellyToast on May 9, 2012 at 6:12 AM

Yeah, but now it’s like a game of “king of the cellar” – one step from the bottom still isn’t high enough to save America from herself.

Don L on May 9, 2012 at 6:54 AM

so how did morning joe take luger’s lost? just turned on and heard krugman’s voice whining about we should be spending more, damn the debt/deficit

cmsinaz on May 9, 2012 at 6:55 AM

let the dems keep thinking they have it in the bag…please!!!

idiots

cmsinaz on May 9, 2012 at 6:47 AM

Personally, I will remain in a state of horror and suspense until Romney’s places his hand on the Bible next January.

Media in the tank, voting fraud by Obama’s union armies, and plenty of real Julia’s in the country who want “free” stuff will keep me worried.

cmsinaz on May 9, 2012 at 6:55 AM

Krugman is a blithering idiot.

RedCrow on May 9, 2012 at 7:02 AM

RedCrow on May 9, 2012 at 7:02 AM

i have my snoopy dance on hold just in case

cmsinaz on May 9, 2012 at 7:08 AM

And they were going to get rid of Saddam, too, criticizing HW Bush for not finishing the job.

Those two promised all sorts of la-la land stuff to get elected.

Then we got the attempt at Hillarycare and pushing for the insane assault weapons ban, which featured some strange ‘assault weapons’ as no one could define the term. Then came Monica and having to listen to Dick Morris about having to actually work with Republicans to pass some decent legislation to help win back middle class voters. Mind you Clinton was still sending troops into harms way without Congressional backing and knocking morale down as well as readiness by those ventures, until the 1 ID and 10 MD were at the lowest point for readiness seen since Viet Nam. Helping all those Muslims in Kosovo and getting some sort of settlement in Bosnia sure helped out the creds of the US in the Islamic sectors of the world…. I mean the terror attacks stopped after the WTC attack in ’93, right? Oh, wait…

Look at the first two years of Clinton and the only difference between him and Obama is scale of project and an immensely larger federal intrusion into the lives of citizens to enable Obama to be divisive and destructive on a grand scale. Clinton got saved by the high tech and comms boom, and handed an imploding bubble on to his successor. And if you can only get a balanced budget in a bubble that is about to collapse, you don’t have a sustainable government as every bubble ends.

ajacksonian on May 9, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on May 9, 2012 at 5:50 AM

Why I like you..Ladysmith can rock the house.

Yes-RIP. Battle of cancer.

Like Arnold, music reminds me of times, places, memories ect..

Brass Monkey..a good memory for me.

You see now they are getting sued?

Good day to all.

bazil9 on May 9, 2012 at 7:59 AM

cmsinaz on May 9, 2012 at 6:46 AM

My sentiments..exactly.

bazil9 on May 9, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Good mornin’, kids!

I is sooo smart. :)

4Grace on May 9, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Great, our son just earned his black belt….one more thing to worry about! I hope you heal pronto!

Bmore,—this is the face Bishop makes when he is worried. O_o

herm2416 on May 9, 2012 at 8:04 AM

morning joe has nothing better to talk about than ragging mitt on the auto bailout….

c’mon

cmsinaz on May 9, 2012 at 8:07 AM

bazil9 on May 9, 2012 at 8:01 AM

mornin’

mornin’ herm :)

cmsinaz on May 9, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Republican says the same exact thing about Obama and he’s 24/7 news story.

Dash on May 9, 2012 at 8:41 AM

There was a segment on the local conservative radio this morning about how the Dems are ramping up organizing here in VA. They are desperate, energized and pouring cash into the fight for the state. They consider it critical.

ironked on May 9, 2012 at 9:03 AM

bazil9 on May 9, 2012 at 8:01 AM

mornin’

mornin’ herm :)

cmsinaz on May 9, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Gooooood morning!

Off for my run : ). I would much rather be here : )

herm2416 on May 9, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Dash on May 9, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Nah, be worse then that. It would turn into a Racial Crucifixion.

cmsinaz on May 9, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Top of the Morn’n to you.

bazil9 on May 9, 2012 at 9:11 AM

That’s nice, but how much do I have to spend to get Obama to leave me the f*ck alone?

eyedoc on May 9, 2012 at 9:13 AM