Video: Romney doesn’t respond to townhall questioner’s “treason” comment about Obama

posted at 5:42 pm on May 7, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via Think Progress, which enjoys a power to push stories into big-media outlets that righty blogs can only dream of. Ace’s headline for this story says all that really needs to be said. Rest assured, President Romney will be accused of treason by left-wing partisans for reasons various and sundry within, oh, six months of taking office, especially since liberals will by then once again be free to pretend that they’re anti-war and deeply offended by drone strikes and military interventions, etc etc. The punchline here is that even if Mitt had spoken up, the story afterward wouldn’t have been “Romney defends Obama against ‘treason’ charge,” it would have been “‘Treason’ charge highlights divide between Romney and monstrously radical wingnut base.” In fact, I was amused to learn that McCain’s exchange with a townhall questioner in 2008 who accused Obama of being Arab was treated as some big moment of political courage in “Game Change.” As I recall, the media/liberal takeaway from that incident at the time was that the questioner was perfectly emblematic of Republican voters, with McCain’s response more or less an afterthought. We can’t elect Romney because he didn’t say anything today, but even if he had, we can’t elect him because then we’re empowering people like the questioner. See how that works? Good thing there are no partisans on the left, huh?

Three clips for you here. The first is Romney at the townhall. The second, a personal favorite, is of left-wing heartthrob John Edwards — the liberal blogosphere’s preferred candidate circa 2007, do note — humoring a bottom-feeding Truther asking him about World Trade Center Building 7 while on the trail that year. He doesn’t hear the question at first but then the crowd relays it and suddenly he’s plenty agreeable. And third, via Andrew Kaczynski, is Obama flunky Dan Pfeiffer responding to the incident last year in which Teamsters prez James Hoffa said at an Obama event that it was time to “take these [Republican] sons of bitches out.” Oddly enough, Pfeiffer was much more ambivalent about attributing one person’s words to a candidate in that case than the left is being today. Exit question: Which Obama townhall questioner recently referred to the Koch brothers as “contract killers out there in Super PAC land”? Oops, that wasn’t a townhall questioner. It was … David Axelrod.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Most Southerners can.

ddrintn on May 7, 2012 at 6:42 PM

HA! ddrintn posts a incoherent sentence and then mocks southerners for being stupid. Your lack of self awareness is staggering.

Ampersand on May 7, 2012 at 6:58 PM

I’m not saying Southerners are stupid. I’m saying the original post included a southernism. If you didn’t get it, tough titties. Know what that means?

ddrintn on May 7, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Where would the REpublican party be without the South? Moderates love to run down the south but we are the rock.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Romney needs to learn some poetry.

He could have replied:

“That reminds me of a little rhyme some of you probably know:

Treason doth never prosper,
What’s the reason?
For if it doth prosper,
None dare call it treason
.”

profitsbeard on May 7, 2012 at 7:09 PM

And a lot of people call Romney a liberal because he has espoused a lot of liberal viewpoints, many as late as 2002. Fair?
ddrintn on May 7, 2012 at 6:57 PM

It’s a lot easier to put aside quasi “liberal” viewpoints “as late as” 10 years ago than it is to reject an entire lifetime of associations with far left elements which formed an all-consuming ideology (ranging from Marxist to Communist to Socialist to Progressive to authoritarian liberal).

O is like Van Jones in this respect. Van wears a suit now and tries to affect “change” by posing as a mainstream kinda guy while doing everything he can to impose his authoritarian agenda on all of us (like, say, but trying to shut down Rush Limbaugh or by pushing his radical green agenda). It’s a bit hard to compare this innate, hard core activism compare to Romney.

Buy Danish on May 7, 2012 at 7:13 PM

This is really a non-story and people are acting as if Willard dodged some huge bullet here. I didn’t hear a question about “treason” – I heard the questioner say, offhand – to apparently someone else …. “Yeah I do believe he should be tried for treason”.

There was no question there for Willard to answer – no courage for him to display (he doesn’t have any anyway).

Let the campaign roll – Willard WILL have many political shots whirled at him and you’ll see ole etch-a-sketch fumble more than a few.

They don’t call him “Willy McDole” for nuthin’.

HondaV65 on May 7, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Proper response from Mitt:

“You sound like a Democrat plant. Next question.”

ss396 on May 7, 2012 at 7:13 PM

It’s a bit hard to compare this innate, hard core activism compare to Romney.

Buy Danish on May 7, 2012 at 7:13 PM

If Romney panders to the left like he did in Mass, there’s not going to be much difference b/t Obama and him. You are right he’s not an activist but if he’s pandering all the time to the left we aren’t going to see much of a difference.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:15 PM

profitsbeard on May 7, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Well said and I agree with you. Christopher Hitchens often used that literary trick to get people to think and its an instructive way to give an answer. He should have replied with exactly that.

SauerKraut537 on May 7, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:08 PM

We won’t be the rock for much longer. GOP can go F*** itself.

HondaV65 on May 7, 2012 at 7:15 PM

But yet ObamaCare is Marxist or something. Uh-huhhhhhh…
ddrintn on May 7, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Sorry, missed this. I’ve never said that.

Buy Danish on May 7, 2012 at 7:17 PM

We won’t be the rock for much longer. GOP can go F*** itself.

HondaV65 on May 7, 2012 at 7:15 PM

The South will show up for Romney. It’s those moderate states where all the smart people live (ostensibly) that you can’t rely on. :)

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:17 PM

ObamaCare is instrusive government. Government should not be that involved in your healthcare. Same goes with RomneyCare, don’t give me the states rights crap.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Tomorrow! The funny thing is everyone here is trying to get rid of Dick Lugar (an idea I thoroughly support) at the same time they are propping up Mitt Romney, the guy who enacted state run health care. You’re bailing water out one end of the boat while you’re pouring it in the other end.

Please, hold your applause!

jjnco73 on May 7, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Buy Danish on May 7, 2012 at 7:13 PM

You’ve yet to prove that Barack Obama, right now, is a Marxist. It would probably be easier to show that Romney is more of a liberal than a conservative. And why the quotation marks around “liberal”? Isn’t pro-choice a liberal view-point?

ddrintn on May 7, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Romney’s harder to hate than Republicans like Lugar. He’s better at playing both sides. He has a gift.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:15 PM

When has he “pandered to the Left” recently? Even ddrintn stopped at 2002. Anyhoo, this is a silly hypothetical. He’s not the Governor of blue blue Mass anymore. He will govern as a right of center conservative, reflecting the ideology of the majority of Americans and his own.

Buy Danish on May 7, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Romney kind of reminds me of Bill in Big Love. Kind of a gadfly that comes across as earnest and sincere. Plus he also a Mormon and some dude who worked in the private sector and made a lot of money there. :)

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Buy Danish on May 7, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I think he was the governor of leftwing Mass until 2007 or so. If you want to make the case his record in Mass wasn’t liberal, go for it. Tough sell to informed Republicans, I think.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:18 PM

It is a states right to mandate to its citizens… Don’t you have mandated insurance requirements in your state for owning and driving a car? You’re fined if you don’t have it so the state does have the right to do it… the key is electing officials who keep the state from mandating such things.

It’s purely unconstitutional to do it at the Federal level but not so for the state. The Fed has enumerated powers, the states do not.

SauerKraut537 on May 7, 2012 at 7:24 PM

ddrintn on May 7, 2012 at 7:20 PM

He’s not a Marxist anymore. He’s a neo-Marxist Socialist Democrat. As for your example to demonstrate Romney was a “liberal” he never called himself “Pro-Choice”, and specifically spoke to that, so I’ll keep that in quotes too.

Buy Danish on May 7, 2012 at 7:25 PM

“You don’t need to fear an 0bama Presidency.”
John McCain Generic Republican Presidential Candidate

LegendHasIt on May 7, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I think a lot of Republican voters want to believe Romney’s more conservative than he is simply b/c they hate Obama so much. I understand the we need to vote for Romney argument, but not the ROmney is some awesome conservative argument. Be logical, don’t become a hack in election cycles. I think Ann Coulter went from being a conservative to a political hack for Romney and that’s always painful to watch.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:24 PM

He did not govern as a “liberal” governor. This has been rehashed a thousand times. Not going to go through this tedious exercise again…

Buy Danish on May 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM

SauerKraut537 on May 7, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I’m against big government at the state and local levels too. That’s called conservative. Lot of bad things have been justified in the name of states rights. Slavery comes to mind. And Romneycare. :)

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Buy Danish on May 7, 2012 at 7:27 PM

I have no desire to debate it. I think he’s got a liberal record in Mass and if you deny that you are a hack or not a conservative. You are making my point for me. He won the primary, you don’t have play pretend anymore. :)

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:29 PM

He has a moderate to conservative record in Massachusetts where he had to deal with a liberal legislature and a liberal citizenry. The End.

Buy Danish on May 7, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Buy Danish on May 7, 2012 at 7:33 PM

RomneyCare, gun rights, taxes/fees, abortion and support for Planned Parenthood, gay marriage, liberal judges, campaign finance, amnesty. That’s just stuff on the top of my head.

RomneyCare is all I need though. It’s a monument to liberalism. He didn’t fight it, actually brags about it being a good accomplishmnet. I think a conservative fights that, even in Mass. :)

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:36 PM

WTF I don’t get it. The part the lefties are up in arms about was barely audble and Romney praised the constitution. Then asked her for specifics if she wante to talk about it later.

I hate the left.

bluealice on May 7, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Buy Danish on May 7, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Reminds me of that other guy who used to govern a blue state, was a former actor who grew up in Hollywood and, used to be a Democrat. I think he went on to become President eventually, or something.

1984 in real life on May 7, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Romney will have a liberal to conservative record as President where he had to deal with Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and the Washington Press Corp. Sorry, not buying BS.

jjnco73 on May 7, 2012 at 7:39 PM

don’t give me the states rights crap.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:18 PM

It is not crap. It is part of our Constitution.

jazzuscounty on May 7, 2012 at 7:40 PM

It is not crap. It is part of our Constitution.

jazzuscounty on May 7, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Ok, if you want to wrap yourself up in the Constitution to defend big government healthcare, go for it. If this issues puts me in disagreement with the Constitution, so be it. I don’t think states shoudl have the right to do RomneyCare to people. :)

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I’m right there with you brother. Just saying… The constitution clearly states the rules and thems the rules, the key is again electing representatives into office who keep it to a minimum. To an extent, when the state is squeezing the life out of the entrepreneurial spirit of its citizens, everyone loses.

SauerKraut537 on May 7, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Is there a better video of this or one that doesn’t cut off right when Romney is going back to her? She looks black to me. Would kind of explode the crazy right wing racist angle.

ctmom on May 7, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I think you are indirectly exposing a major flaw in the Constitution when you defend RomneyCare big instrusive government healthcare schemes with the Constitution. I get in trouble when I say this to conservatives but this why I think the Constitution is a flawed document. The focus was too much on decentralizing govenrment power rather than governmnet power as a whole. I don’t know what the difference is b/t being screwed over athe federal level vs the state level, you are still getting screwed by governmnet. :)

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I see nothing wrong with either the question posed, or the way Rmoney™ answered it. The question was not about treason. Treason was injected into the audio by not the questioner but another member of the audience. The questioners question was legitimate and should not be considered less so whether she agrees or disagrees with the other audience member. Many do find 0′s behavior borderline or completely treasonous. That can be debated. But there is know doubt he is all too happy to skirt the Constitution whenever he finds it convenient. 0 has said so himself. I hope this does get National airtime. It makes 0 look bad.

Bmore on May 7, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I’m more oriented toward freedom, dont’ care if the Constitution allows tyranny at the state level. That’s basically what you guys want to aruge as though that’s a good thing. You don’t know how sad that makes me.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:46 PM

know=no iPad thingy.

Bmore on May 7, 2012 at 7:47 PM

The French people call Sarkosky “Bling Bling”. So not sure if it’s a good idea to call Romney “R Money”. :)

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:46 PM

And you don’t know how sad it makes me that you actually believe that the Constitution allows tyranny at any level.

I don’t agree with many of Massachusetts’ or California’s policies, but I don’t live in those states either. And if I did, it would be my responsibility as a citizen to work within the law to effect change.

jazzuscounty on May 7, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Not sure what the big deal is here, leties said this and worse before lunch on most days about Bush.

Roymunson on May 7, 2012 at 7:57 PM

jazzuscounty on May 7, 2012 at 7:56 PM

I think the easy counter to that is why can’t ObamaCare and liberal policies be ok and our responsbility be to work to prevent OBamaCare.

I think the Constitution should have stated some things that state governments can’t do to you.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:58 PM

The Constitution in my view was about protecting citizens from the government, so I understand these redneck conservatives who are appear to put state government whims above individuals and natural rights.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:00 PM

I think liberals have been expanding government at the state level for years b/c a lot of conservatives buy into this states rights thing.

What would be the difference b/t RomneyCare in all 50 states, and ObamaCare at the national level. The constitution argument leaves you high and dry there.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Bmore on May 7, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Nice cogent comment. Too bad it almost got lost among the effluence of ddrintn and telsa.

bluealice on May 7, 2012 at 8:09 PM

blue alice, pretty sure I rock you in IQ.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Brown nosing Mr. Romney isn’t intellectual. You hot for Romney women need to cool your engines.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:13 PM

The constitution argument leaves you high and dry there.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Okay, I give up. You don’t see the Constitution of the United States of America as I do. We will just agree to disagree. Isn’t America grand? Compliments of the The Bill of Rights and the Constitution argument/

jazzuscounty on May 7, 2012 at 8:16 PM

jazzuscounty on May 7, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I don’t think the Constitution justifies RomneyCare. The founding fathers didn’t have health insurance as an issue, I doubt companis offered insurance as a benefit even. Back in the day, if you got some infectious disease like TB, you died. People were dropping like flies in these horrible plagues in Philly and other cities. I don’t think the doctors were getting paid that much compared to today. Modern medcine is a lot more modern that a lot of people realize, most of what doctors are able to do for people has in learned in the last 100 years, especially stuff like cancer.

I don’t think Founding Fathers would have supported RomneyCare, or think the states have a right to coerce people like that. I think the Constituion in sprit is about individual rights, not just limiting power of the federal government.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:21 PM

jazzuscounty on May 7, 2012 at 7:56 PM

That’s why i never brought into the Obamacare=MassHealth=Obamacare argument.

If i don’t like the policies of say, New York (and I didn’t, as a lifelong downstate NY’er) i could always move to another state…which i did, which was Massachusetts. Hopefully, once i can get myself resituated I can get myself to Florida or Texas and earn some *real* money.

Where the hell am I gonna go if its nationwide? While the President seems as happy as kids in a mudhole trying to ram this POS through, I don’t see Romney having quite the same…enthusiasm?…as the current Administration.

OTOH, lets be fair: if the Electorate doesn’t stamp this clusterfark out now while we have a chance, it wont matter who is in the WH after 2012-2014…like most govt entitlement programs, it’ll grown exponentially to be bigger and even more cumbersome monolith than its projected to be now.

BlaxPac on May 7, 2012 at 8:22 PM

BlaxPac,

So people are supposed to just quit their job and go move to another state if they don’t like big government in their own state?

I don’t think that’s realistic or a serious point at all. What if Romney is implemented in all states? Just move to another country? That’s basically what you are saying.

States shoudln’t have the right to force you buy something you don’t want to buy.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:25 PM

If I wanted to live in Mass, I think I should have the right to live there and not be molested by a runaway government. I think it’s sad conservatives are suggesting the only recourse is to just move away from big governmnet. At some point, you have to fight it.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:27 PM

blue alice, pretty sure I rock you in IQ.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Uh ya got me there missy. I shore do wish I had you’uns brains..and all my teeth.

Ass

bluealice on May 7, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I don’t think the Constitution justifies RomneyCare.
Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:21 PM

BlaxPac on May 7, 2012 at 8:22 PM

I am in total agreement with both of these statement. I let myself get goaded into an argument about a Massachusetts mandate. For the record, the Unaffordable, Uncaring Patient Act is a national disaster.

jazzuscounty on May 7, 2012 at 8:29 PM

statement s/b statements!

jazzuscounty on May 7, 2012 at 8:30 PM

one of th epoints Ann Coulter makes in her irresponsible 3 Cheers for RomneyCare!!!! column is that the state government could ban Gummi Bears if they wanted to, although she acknowledges that that would not be right. She thinks she case for state rights and Romney, but I think she is making against state rights and this notion that something is legit if it also constitutional.

The constitutionality aspect of RomneyCare is irrelevant to me. I’m interestd in should the government have the right to do this. The annswer is clearly no to anybody oriented toward liberty. So put your Constitution away, stop using it as a weapon to promote tryanny at the state level. That is not conservatism.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Uh ya got me there missy. I shore do wish I had you’uns brains..and all

my teeth.

Ass

bluealice on May 7, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I’m a mechanical engineer, you some bimbo Hot for Romney.

You tell me where you wnat to meet up, and I will fly there and we can both go to place that gives IQ tests, and we’ll see who does better. Until then you need you stop running off at the mouth at your intellectual superiors. Go watch Don Draper on Mad Men and get your lust for handsome men out of your system and come back when you ready to dicusss issues in a serious manner. To say I’m stupid when you all doing is Romney brown nosing is absurd.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 7:42 PM

I believe you are having an issue differentiating between what is legal and what is horrible policy. Romneycare is unfortunately both. Romney lovers don’t want to acknowledge the latter, Romney haters the former.

Spliff Menendez on May 7, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Are you kin to Pelosi? Are you serious?

jazzuscounty on May 7, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Then you have a flawed understanding of the Constitution.

Dante on May 7, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Spliff Menendez on May 7, 2012 at 8:34 PM

You are an idiot, I’ve clearly said that what is Constituional is not necessarily good policy oriented toward liberty freedom. Get some reading comprehension skills, you are at a remedial level.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:36 PM

There are so mnay redneck conservatives. These people justifying ROmneyCare are the same type of people who use to use the state rights thing to justify slavery. You are trying to use a document about libertry to justify tyranny. That makes me sad.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Political correctness on the right is this kind of stupid allegiance to the Constitution and if it something is Constitutional, we have to think it’s legit. RomneyCare is horrible policy, it’s big government on parade, and you guys throw up the Constitution argument to cover for that.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Since Dr. Tesla has a horrible understanding of the Constitution, this may be a good opportunity to pass along a chance for everyone interested in learning about liberty and unlearning the propaganda you have been fed most of your life.

Liberty Classroom

Dante on May 7, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Spliff Menendez on May 7, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Well stated. I am neither a Romney lover nor Romney hater, but I want Obama gone. You are not the idiot here.

jazzuscounty on May 7, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Menendez was right: you are having a difficult time understanding the difference between what is legal and what is horrible policy, and an even more difficult time understanding that something can be both.

Dante on May 7, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I don’t mind using the Constitution in the argument against ROmneyCare, but that’s not the core issue. It’s bad and instrusive government coercing people to do stuff that the government has no business being involved in. I oppose ObamaCare regardless of Constituionality so it’s not that relevant to the debate to me.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Dante on May 7, 2012 at 8:43 PM

No, you are a bonehead. I have said this a million times now and you are just going with this braindead talking point as though it refutes me, but that is my point. RomneyCare sucks, Constitutional or not, it sucks and it is big government. So stop using the Constitution to say it’s legit. That is my point! You are saying that I don’t understand what I clearly do!

I hope you do have a college degree.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Do you live in Massachusetts?

Dante on May 7, 2012 at 8:46 PM

How some of you guys on here have jobs and somebody pays you anything is a mystery to me. I could not be more clear that I understand that RomneyCare is Constitutional. And you still saying I don’t understand that.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:47 PM

o you live in Massachusetts?

Dante on May 7, 2012 at 8:46 PM

How is that relevant? It’s big government rather I live there or not. You just grabbing at straws, brother. :)

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:49 PM

BlaxPac,

No but that part of my point: You have that option IF you so desire. You don’t if this is a Federal program with Federal (over)reach.

I’ve moved because for personal/economic reasons. Didn’t say it wasn’t/isn’t hard, but MassCare doesn’t effect me as much because roots or not (i have some here) I can still use my “Have Gun, Will Travel” card if need be.

No that’s why I’m specifically saying is that Romney, however you characterize him, isn’t the ego-in-chief our current President is. If you had to chance to try to cut a deal, who would you think would be more open to hearing you out, Romney or Obama?

That being said, I did also stay that a program like MassCare *is* a State issue…if the majority of the state want such a program, they’ll get it and it will rise or fall according to the whims of the marketplace. Once you inject the 800lbs Federal Gorilla into it, then it becomes more of a shakedown al-la Goodfellas than policy.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Correction Doc…NO ONE should force you to buy something you don’t want or need…State, Federal Private…i don’t give a flying cow flop.

If you are forced to do it, it aint choice, its a threat…just depends on who’s holding it over you and what they want out of the deal.

BlaxPac on May 7, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:44 PM

One last time, no one is saying that Obamacare is constitutional. I think you have already forgotten that the argument was about the mandated healthcare in Massachusetts and the whole states’ rights (problem according to you.)

jazzuscounty on May 7, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I think pursuit of happiness includes the right to live in Mass and being unmolested by big runaway govenrment trying to dictate to me what I’m goign to do regarding health insurance.

If you are orientd toward freedom, this isn’t complicated. You can wrap yourslef up in the Constitution all day but I have the right of this. :)

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:49 PM

It is entirely relevant. Do you live in Massachusetts?

Dante on May 7, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Jazz,

I’m not saying ObamaCare is Constitutional or not Constitutional. I don’t care about that aspect. Abortion is constitional either but the courts made it legal.

You and others ROmneybots want to make this all about the Constitution. That’s not the issue here with healthcare. It’s about the role of government and I don’t care what the Constitution says about it, ObamaCare is wrong.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:52 PM

It is entirely relevant. Do you live in Massachusetts?

Dante on May 7, 2012 at 8:51 PM

You can’t defend ROmneyCare without the Constitution card. That’s my point. You support tryanny at the state level. It really is that simple if you are cool with RomneyCare. It has nothing to do with Constitution, or if I live there or not.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I’m a engineer, I don’t have the luxury of just packing up and going to live in another state. I have to live where the work is. So I think this silly notion that RomneyCare type of big government at the state level is hunky dory b/c you can always pack up and leave is kind of not true, unless you are Romney and sitting on piles of cash. I think people should have the right to live in any state they want and be unmolsted by big government. People in Mass who like living there b/c they have family there, they grew up there, they like scenery or whatever are supposed to pack up and leave b/c they don’t like RomneyCare? It’s not realistic to suggest people just get up and move to other states whenever the government gets out of control.

Focus on freedom, not the constitution. Conservatives who worship the constitution are missing the point.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I don’t care what your point is. You are throwing your ignorance around and making up straw men, as usual. That’s the issue here, and you are the one who brought the Constitution into it to begin with.

Dante on May 7, 2012 at 8:59 PM

You are an idiot, I’ve clearly said that what is Constituional is not necessarily good policy oriented toward liberty freedom. Get some reading comprehensionskills,you are at a remedial level.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Thank you for the compliments. Not sure why you are being so nice considering all the vile hatred I directed your way in my post.

Nobody is arguing that Romneycare is good policy. So what is your anger all about?

Spliff Menendez on May 7, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Again. Nobody is defending Romneycare.

Spliff Menendez on May 7, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Do you live in Massachusetts?

Dante on May 7, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Spliff Menendez on May 7, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I’m done talking to you. You are not serious. I can’t get you to where you need to be. I understand you don’t like Obama but you need to get past that. I have criticisms of Romney. I’m not saying vote for Obama or sit it out, and that’s what you think. You don’t have to brown nose Mr. Romney. You have that choice.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Do you live in Massachusetts?

Dante on May 7, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Nope, but I have freedom of speech. :)

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Big government is big government, doesn’t matter where a person lives. Not relevant to the debate and it doesn’t refute anything I’ve said.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Wow, you actually gave a perfect example Doc!

Lets take Slavery: There is no mention of it in the Constitution until 1865 (13th Amendment). Since as a Federal matter a case *could* be made that it was still illegal due to the 9th amendment, but the 10th
(The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.) certainly made the case than individual states could…and did.

The states that didn’t have it, saw an increase in their population rates as those that objected to it left states that did have it. Should they have had to move? No, but at least they had that choice, black or white.

I’m not trying to put Healthcare on the same moral plane as slavery, but it is on the same legally. Healthcare or lack thereof should

BlaxPac on May 7, 2012 at 9:05 PM

BlaxPac,

My greatness of thought is understood on this forum. A lot of conservatives think it’s a hanging offense to suggest the Constitution could be better with regards to what state and local governments can do to you. I’m not anti-Constitution simply b/c I think this is a major area that it could have been better.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 9:08 PM

“You don’t like big government, Just Move to Another State” The New Conservatism. :)

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Flee for Freedom. Romney 2012. :)

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Big government is big government, doesn’t matter where a person lives.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 9:04 PM

So the hacks in Cook Country or in the Baton Rouge State house or even the pure distilled hacks Boston, they affect where you live? As much as say the Dept of Agriculture or Commerce?

BlaxPac on May 7, 2012 at 9:13 PM

BlaxPac on May 7, 2012 at 9:13 PM

So I shoudln’t care about people subjugated in Communist China, Vietnam, North Korea, etc, b/c I don’t live there?

That’s your logic, and I just to the woodshed without breaking a sweat.

Come back with you got some intellectual horsepower. In other words, don’t ever talk to me again.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I don’t apologize for not people a selfish person only interested in my own freedoms. I care about everybody having freedom. That’s what makes me the man.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I don’t live in Mass but Mass is about to come to DC I expect in the form of Mr. Romney. Now we can either to choose to criticize Mr. Romney with the expecation he’s going move to the right, or we can bow down to him as he panders to the Left. I don’t think we redefine conservative to match Mr. Romney’s liberal record in Mass though. Politicians come and go, conservatism is forever.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 9:23 PM

You tell me where you wnat to meet up, and I will fly there a….
Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Dude, Chill!

I’m on your side mostly on this thread (and I hate people who use “Dude” unless they are talking about a drugstore cowboy).

But that post makes you seem silly and over the top.

Kind of Biden-ish

LegendHasIt on May 7, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I’m a bit confused by your logic: None of those countries are under the jurisdiction of the US governtment…or even your local government, where-ever you may live. So trying to chain the two together seems a bit…odd.

That’s your logic, and I just to the woodshed without breaking a sweat.

No again, my logic is: If i don’t like what state X is doing, and I cannot change public opinion or change a majority to my POV, then yes, if I so choose it, I have 49 other places I can go to….or i can submit to that new statu qou.

You really don’t have that option if the Feds are mandating it from on high, so again my choice change public opinion or go with the new direction

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Let’s see, my comments during this entire time have never reached the level of rudeness you’ve exposed. So either your are not confidant of your viewpoints you have to resort to petty attacks on the Internet no less with people you’ll never see or even have the courage to debate face to face….

…or you’re just a Prat. Either way…:shrug:

…Bless your Heart!

BlaxPac on May 7, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Dude, Chill!

But that post makes you seem silly and over the top.

Kind of Biden-ish

LegendHasIt on May 7, 2012 at 9:29 PM

It could only be like Biden if Biden could actually do better on an IQ test in comparison to somebody else.

The Hot for Romney bimbo called me stupid and I told her I would spend my own money to fly up to where she lives or wherever to go to the same place that conducts IQ exams and see who has the superior IQ. If you are going to call people stupid on the internet you ought to be willing to back that up. These Romney cheerleaders are lightweights. I let them know that when they attack me.

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Romney needs to ignore a lot of stuff being thrown against the wall lately, like Bite Me, Zero and the whole complement of flying monkeys coming out full force for gay marriage. I haven’t seen this much chum in the water since that shark fishing show.

Kissmygrits on May 7, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Kissmygrits on May 7, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Do you think Mr. Romney picked that gay guy who quit b/c he was the best person for the job regarding national security or mostly because he was gay? I think it was the latter. Affirmative action at its worse. I looked at that gay guy’s Twitter feed and he posted a lot of nonsense on there that you wouldn’t expect from some guy who is the best guy in the country on national security according to Mr. Romney. :)

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 9:42 PM

How far have we come in 4 years …

McCain’s Sister Souljah Moment? « Hot Air

sanjeevn on May 7, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Dr. Tesla on May 7, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Maybe, instead of going with the whole “gay guy” comment…maybe the person on this thread with the higher IQ would actually use the SEARCH function or even Google to post his name, instead of going for the generic “Gay Guy” like you’re talking about tissues or bleach…

..BTW, his name is Ric Grenell.

BlaxPac on May 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM