Obamateurism of the Day

posted at 8:01 am on May 7, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

In another of the “Do as I say, not as I do” OOTD entries, we finally include Barack Obama’s personally-delivered attack on Mitt Romney over whether the Republican nominee has the testicular fortitude to fight the war on terror.  The attack went against the stated personal ethics of a leader in the Democratic Party.  You know … the same one who personally attacked Romney over his purported inability to get Osama bin Laden:

On Sept. 17, 2006, Obama spoke at Democratic Sen. Tom Harkin’s annual steak fry in Indianola, Iowa.

“And let me tell you something else I’ve had enough of: I’ve had enough of using terrorism as a wedge issue in our politics,” Obama told the crowd. “I’ve had enough of that. I’ve had enough of that. You know, I – I don’t know about you, but I think the war against terrorism isn’t supposed to crop up between September and November of even numbered years, and yet that seems to be the pattern. There is a sudden burst of activity, a sudden urgency about this whole thing three months before an election every other year.”

Yeah, I know what you mean, Mr. President — kind of like the way you invited NBC News into the White House Situation Room last week, the first time that’s ever been done, as a way to spike the football one more time on the OBL mission.  Odd how that happened in an even-numbered year, isn’t it?

Comments

A contender for OOTW

I hope Mitt is using this….

cmsinaz on May 7, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Hello, Baracka? This is your own petard. You’re hoisted.

Huckabye-Romney on May 7, 2012 at 8:07 AM

Odd how that happened in an even-numbered year, isn’t it?

It was also a day ending in “y”.

The perpetual campaign has eclipsed the actual business of government.

NeighborhoodCatLady on May 7, 2012 at 8:08 AM

backfire

cmsinaz on May 7, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Hypocrasy, thy name is barack.

DuctTapeMyBrain on May 7, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Odd. Didn’t Obama condemn Bush for “using 9/11″ to rally support? Didn’t the Democrats MAKE terrorism a wedge issue right after a terrorist attack brought this entire nation together?

“The war is lost”
“Willing suspension of disbelief”
“General Betrayus”

et al.

Washington Nearsider on May 7, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Ed,

If you could, in the future please do not embed Obama videos that auto-play, as I am highly allergic.

Thanks.

RedCrow on May 7, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Alinsky-style tactics haven’t worked out so well, in the the long run, for the Preezy of the UmamaJama Steezy, have they? Slow jammin’ the preezy decleezy, eh Jimmah Fallon? See you at the bottom, Bamster…

ExpressoBold on May 7, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Wow, this gawky dope is pathetic.

3 and a half years in, and all he has to brag about is the elimination of sammy laden?

Pretty weak tea, considering the mechanism for doing this was put in place years before baraka slithered into office, and that he had to be pulled from making divots on a golf course in order to watch it happen.

Seriously- if this is all soetero’s got to beat his bony chest over (and given how much he’s been doing it lately, it IS all he’s got), it’s a pretty foregone conclusion that this feckless boob has run a complete FAIL of an administration.

Begone, stuttering poseur!

GrassMudHorsey on May 7, 2012 at 8:26 AM

But he’s an expert marksman.He got Bin Laden.

docflash on May 7, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Ed,

Thanks.

RedCrow on May 7, 2012 at 8:22 AM

seconded

screwauger on May 7, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Did Obama have anything to do with getting OBL? I haven’t paid attention. :0

Seriously, I salute Barak Obama and his fellow SEAL Team Six members for their accomplishment.

Happy Nomad on May 7, 2012 at 8:33 AM

On November 6th, the American electorate will show you what they’ve “had enough of”.

Rovin on May 7, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I hope Mitt is using this….

cmsinaz on May 7, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Yes, and this too: Would Romney have made the same call? No, he wouldn’t have stalled 10 months before making that call. He would have made it 10 months earlier, when Osama’s location was first discovered.

Top General: Obama Knew About OBL’s Hideout in Abbottabad Since Summer of 2010 – Refused to Act Until May (Video)

petefrt on May 7, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Ed,

Thanks.

RedCrow on May 7, 2012 at 8:22 AM

seconded

screwauger on May 7, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Third

Electrongod on May 7, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Let me tell you something else I have had enough of…..you barrack, you liar. And Ed I concur with RedCrow and screwauger, his voice causes my ears to bleed………

crosshugger on May 7, 2012 at 8:35 AM

“I assume that people meant what they said when they said it. That’s been at least my practice.”

See, when he said it, he meant it but since then, he’s learned to embrace the wedge issues.

Fallon on May 7, 2012 at 8:37 AM

+1 Petefrt

cmsinaz on May 7, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Washington Nearsider on May 7, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Democrats were seething that GWB was able to point out his response to the 9/11/01 atrocities. The primary reason for their anger is that the lax attitude during the Clinton years were a direct reason why the atrocities happened in the first place and they were unsuccessful in their pitch that Clinton “deserved” credit for the response of the military after 9/11/01.

Democrats have spent the last decade undermining the war on terrorism, even as they did happy dances on the floors of Congress every time a new fatality milestone was passed in Iraq. Well, 1275 American soldiers/Marines have been killed in Afghanistan since Obama took office (69% of the total fatalities in that combat zone). If we are to laud the jug-eared commie for “getting” OBL, then we also need to acknowledge that he has recklessly put American troops in harm’s way and killed far too many by his bad leadership.

Happy Nomad on May 7, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Ed,

Thanks.

RedCrow on May 7, 2012 at 8:22 AM

I agree, I have young children in the house today and that scared them. Not to mention all the whining upset the dogs.

Mini-14 on May 7, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Happy Nomad on May 7, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I actually have nothing to add.

That’s perfect.

Washington Nearsider on May 7, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Thanks.

RedCrow on May 7, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Double ditto. I turn off TV when he speaks, is about to speak, or has spoken. Ugh…..

chai on May 7, 2012 at 8:41 AM

I’ll have to defend Obama on this one. He clearly said from September to November we shouldn’t mention the War on Bush, Republicans, Conservative Womyn, Terrorism. Well, it’s only May 7th. So we have almost 4 months to go till September.

Gladtobehere on May 7, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Yep. If only we could just keep getting his own words out there, ‘ just quoting’ and keep reminding people that he’s a promise anything do nothing politician who’s on record as being on everyside of important issues.

We need a #DistractWatch to keep Mitt and the media on message until November.

CitizenEgg on May 7, 2012 at 8:44 AM

We’ll see how much food on the table and how many tanks of gas the killing of OBL brings to voters on November 6th. At this point, it looks like spiking a football in an exhibition game.

Bitter Clinger on May 7, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Comrade Barry first knocked Osama senseless with his outstretched, magnificent chin and then proceeded to bore him to death by reading passages from “Dreams from my Father”. It was a masterful show of courage….

joe btfsplk on May 7, 2012 at 8:46 AM

You guys don’t really get it.

This guy is pathological.

He knows he’s being a hypocrite on this and a thousand other issues.

But he also knows the media will never hold him accountable.

So he does it knowingly.

fossten on May 7, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Bitter Clinger on May 7, 2012 at 8:45 AM

If we are going to stick to the football analogy let’s remember this. SEAL Team Six are the ones who scored. Obama, at best, is the ball boy who happened to be in the the end zone when the team scored. It doesn’t take a whole lot of bravery to play nine holes of golf before arriving for a photo-op in the White House Situation Room.

Put another way, Obama is like those football fans who decide they suddenly are a fan of whichever team just won the superbowl.

Happy Nomad on May 7, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Well, SCoaMF stuttered, so you know he’s lying right there.

Remember, he’s not just a clusterfluke, he’s a stuttering clusterfluke.

MNHawk on May 7, 2012 at 8:56 AM

..the Liar-in-Chief is at it again…
.…it’s the ECONOMY stupid…!!!

KOOLAID2 on May 7, 2012 at 8:57 AM

He knows he’s being a hypocrite on this and a thousand other issues.

But he also knows the media will never hold him accountable.

So he does it knowingly.

fossten on May 7, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Not just him but his entire administration. It is why the GSA decided it could get away with spending $800K on a conference, it is why Leon Panetta thinks nothing of commuting to California every weekend at taxpayer expense, it is why Jay Carney is visibly ticked off on the odd occurence of a reporter asking a real question.

Happy Nomad on May 7, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Ed,

Thanks.

RedCrow on May 7, 2012 at 8:22 AM

seconded

screwauger on May 7, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Video’s not even showing up for me, which is just as well, because I cannot stand listening to his creepy voice and hissing s’s.

Susanboo on May 7, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Susanboo on May 7, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Heh. On this occasion, consider yourself lucky.

When I hear his “creepy voice”, dripping with condescension, it usually fouls my mood (and makes it harder to have a good day).

RedCrow on May 7, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Susanboo on May 7, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Lucky you.

The autoplay video (aaargh) is from 2006. Back before Barack Obama became a household name. Good times.

lynncgb on May 7, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Aw, c’mon, he’s Barack Hussein Obama…

He said that all must lend a hand
To make this country strong again
Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama.

Not doing it for you this morning?

Obama is still a Putz?

Yep, still a Putz.

coldwarrior on May 7, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Please add me to the list requesting no auto-plays. They are annoying. Other than that, awesome web site!

happyclinger on May 7, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Susanboo on May 7, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Let’s not forget his strategic use of extremely lengthened “aaaaaaaaaaaaaand” whenever he is figuring out what to say next as he is saying it. He does this because he likes the sound of his own voice so much he cannot simply think in silence but must always be making some type of noise.

Drives me up a wall.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on May 7, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Drives me up a wall.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on May 7, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Do you wonder whether the dumbass will hold another open press conference before November?

I don’t.

RedCrow on May 7, 2012 at 9:22 AM

An important issue. I was surprised Sat Nite Live opened 2 days ago with a skit parodying Obama claiming credit for the raid. Oh, they decided to not go with that skit? I wonder why. /Captain Obvious

Paul-Cincy on May 7, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Ed,

Thanks.

RedCrow on May 7, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Add me to the list opposed to autoplay and Barky in the early morning is bad for system

koaiko on May 7, 2012 at 9:46 AM

In the quote above, Zero uses the word “I” seven – count ‘em – seven times. What a self-centered, narcissistic arrogant hypocrite.

To be fair though, he only uses the word “me” once.

UltimateBob on May 7, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Remove “I” from Barry’s vocabulary and he would be speechless.

GarandFan on May 7, 2012 at 10:31 AM

We’ll see how much food on the table and how many tanks of gas the killing of OBL brings to voters on November 6th. At this point, it looks like spiking a football in exhibition game. pre-game warmups

Fixed.

VelvetElvis on May 7, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Drat! Quote tag Fail!

VelvetElvis on May 7, 2012 at 10:37 AM

UltimateBob on May 7, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Bingo. I was just about to point out the same thing. Other candidates say “we” not “I”. And he inevitably sounds like he’s scolding children who need to go to the naughty corner. Like when he says “I have to clean up the mess”…

Buy Danish on May 7, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Btw, American Crossroads has a great new ad which mocks him just as he deserves to be mocked, this time on the hot mic incident.

Buy Danish on May 7, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Spiked footballs can take funny bounces–how ’bout one to the kisser?

Steve Z on May 7, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Or the guy in the duck suit who waves to the crowd when the team scores.

Aw, cut him some slack(s)–he had to fish three balls out of water hazards, and take his suit to the cleaners!

GWB must be seething now that Obumbler gives no credit to the CIA interrogators (which he authorized) at Gitmo who found out where Bin Laden was. Without “enhanced interrogation techniques”, Bin Laden would still be plotting his next attack.

Steve Z on May 7, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Ed,

Thanks.

RedCrow on May 7, 2012 at 8:22 AM

I second the motion!!!

We also need a chance to acknowledge a NSFW content warning before this kind of thing plays.

We’re waiting for an AdBlock upgrade which can filter “by content”!

PS:
IMHO, there should be NO “auto-play” content…of any kind…EVER!!!

landlines on May 7, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Let’s hope that those Iowans who stood and cheered have had enough of the outright lies. Fool them once shame on Obama, fool them twice shame on the crowds.

jazzuscounty on May 7, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Just knowing the media covers for this POS negates just about anything the media comes up with concerning him. Ignoring a narcissist will hurt them the most, their energy and blood count is the praise and attention they adore and demand.

mixplix on May 7, 2012 at 5:38 PM