Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads

posted at 8:00 am on May 6, 2012 by Allahpundit

Campaign endings and campaign beginnings on the tube this morning. Gingrich gets what’ll probably be his last chance for awhile at the Sunday spotlight by hitting CBS and CNN while Biden will turn up on NBC to kick off the general election campaign by explaining precisely how a Romney presidency would destroy America. There’s somee veepstakes jockeying going on today too: Kelly Ayotte will pinch hit for Romney by reacting to Biden’s inevitable “war on women” nonsense on “Meet the Press” while Marco Rubio will talk about the DREAM Act with Chris Wallace.

Axelrod will be on ABC too, so if you missed the past week of Democratic talking points, tune in and get them all in one gulp. The line-up via WaPo:

NBC’s Meet the Press: Vice President Joe Biden; Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH); Diane Swonk, Mesirow Financial; Chuck Todd, NBC; Tom Brokaw, NBC

CBS’ Face the Nation: Newt Gingrich; Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN); Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY); former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean; Zbigniew Brzezinski; Peggy Noonan, Wall Street Journal; Michael Gerson, Wall Street Journal; David Corn, Mother Jones; John Dickerson, CBS News

ABC’s This Week: David Axelrod, Obama campaign senior adviser; Sen. John McCain (R-AZ); George Will, ABC; Austan Goolsbee, former Obama economic adviser; Bay Buchanan, The American Cause; Tavis Smiley, talk show host; Greta Van Susteren, Fox News

Fox News Sunday: Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL); Bill Kristol, Weekly Standard; A.B. Stoddard, The Hill; Liz Cheney, Keep America Safe; Juan Williams, Fox News

CNN’s State of the Union: Newt Gingrich; former Gov. Ted Strickland (D-OH); former Rep. Tom Davis (R-VA); Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA); Rep. Mike Rogers (R-MI); Major Garrett, National Journal; Douglas Holtz-Eakin; Alice Rivlin, Brookings Institution

Comments

something tells me gingrich will get plenty of chances to spew his venom as will Sanitarium. We now understand why both of them had no business being president.

tomas on May 6, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Good morning tomas.
Who is the “we” that now understands? How do you feel about BHO?

diogenes on May 6, 2012 at 8:08 AM

tomas on May 6, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Ummm…I expect Newt to do the opposite, today.

Not that he (or any of the other GOP candidates, for that matter) has been particularly graceful during the campaign, I’d expect him to come out today and talk about how a President Romney would be much better than another Odumbo term.

(Not that it would surprise me terribly if it went the other way.)

RedCrow on May 6, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Newt should have his own show. Think about it…

Night Owl on May 6, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Like saying the fireman is coming to burn down your already burning house.

itsnotaboutme on May 6, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Biden’s best gaffes are always his speeches, so I’ll not bother tuning into him tomorrow.

Still, I’d like to hear more about Obama’s Big Stick policy. I think the Veep is the right man to handle this policy, as he’s got a delicate touch with hard issues. But he’ll need a much bigger staff.

theCork on May 6, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Will they ask BIiden about alqaeda’s assessment of him?

MayBee on May 6, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Good Grief! Reading those lists of nearly insane personages representing the supposed best we have to offer in terms of political leadership reminds me of just how bad things really are.

God help us.

Cleombrotus on May 6, 2012 at 8:15 AM

It’s a toss up as to who is dumber on economic issues: Biden or McCain.

Except for Gingrich and Ayotte, there won’t be more than talking points hashed out on these programs. Maybe Bachmann and Rubio will come through, but their issues will probably not be the ones foremost on the American public’s mind.

Axelrod will have another chance at spinning on his own axle of deflection marketing, and Schumer will bathe in the klieg lights of TV-land irrelevance.

It will be better time spent in church, praying for God’s forgiveness for putting ineptness at the helm of our nation.

onlineanalyst on May 6, 2012 at 8:19 AM

God help us.

Could be worse, we could be French. They’ll decided to commit national suicide today by electing a true socialist.

lowandslow on May 6, 2012 at 8:20 AM

diogenes Obama is worse, but it makes no difference…they both are acting like children. It was quite disturbing.

tomas on May 6, 2012 at 8:24 AM

I think I’ll watch my paint dry.

Seriously, had the house painted yesterday LOL

Key West Reader on May 6, 2012 at 8:25 AM

lowandslow on May 6, 2012 at 8:20 AM

There’s something seriously wrong in Western Civilization.

Cleombrotus on May 6, 2012 at 8:26 AM

onlineanalyst on May 6, 2012 at 8:19 AM

THIS!

BIG TIME!

Cleombrotus on May 6, 2012 at 8:28 AM

I think I’ll watch my paint dry.

Seriously, had the house painted yesterday LOL

Key West Reader on May 6, 2012 at 8:25 AM

Maybe you could video tape it, put it on You Tube and provide a link?

Night Owl on May 6, 2012 at 8:31 AM

I’m hoping that, after the skin crawling Life of Julia and Biden’s idiotic remarks, last week will be seen as the week the Democrats jumped the shark on the War on Women crap.

txhsmom on May 6, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Every time I see that Biden and Axlerod are on the Sunday morning talk shows I wonder if they are there because Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch are unavailable.

radjah shelduck on May 6, 2012 at 8:34 AM

onlineanalyst on May 6, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Yes it will!

txhsmom on May 6, 2012 at 8:36 AM

This might be fun:

@TwitchyPolitics TwitchyPolitics

@ABC’s Jake Tapper asks for input for questioning of Axelrod on This Week; Careful what you wish for, Jake! wp.me/p2aVG0-6Ud

8:05am – 6 May 12 via Twitchy.com

Retweets 5

Naturally Curly on May 6, 2012 at 8:37 AM

God help us.

Cleombrotus on May 6, 2012 at 8:15 AM

I read through the list and thought, what a bag of mixed nuts. Yikes.

Fallon on May 6, 2012 at 8:37 AM

*YAWWWWWN!*

*STRRETTTCH!*

GOOOOD MORRRRNING, VIETNAM!

cane_loader on May 6, 2012 at 8:42 AM

radjah shelduck on May 6, 2012 at 8:34 AM>

Did you see this yesterday?

txhsmom on May 6, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Obama can count on the Networks (and Hot Air apparently) not covering the story about how he knew bin Laden’s whereabouts in the summer of 2010.

Basilsbest on May 6, 2012 at 8:36 AM

The networks, yes. In the blogosphere, it’s old news.

PersonFromPorlock on May 6, 2012 at 8:45 AM

My husband saw a skunk run into a hole under the barn early this am. So I know what I’ll be doing after church. Maybe he’ll leave before I get to it. I may have to miss this Sunday lineup so keep us all posted.

Kissmygrits on May 6, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Kissmygrits on May 6, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Just tie up your dog near the hole, Eventually Barry will get hungry and come out.

cane_loader on May 6, 2012 at 8:50 AM

LOL
Is Marco Rubio the best that FOX can do?
What an embarrassment … trolling for the Cuban vote.
The only UP side is that maybe Liz Cheney will announce her bid for Wyoming.
Other than that, what can the boy wonder from “Cuber” contribute in the grand scheme of things? Nada (for the seis de mayo fans) The guy is a rookie. Give him some time to learn how things work and gain some international knowledge.

All in all, the line-ups appear to be more of a cheering section for the Black Narcissus.
(and so it will go until dear leader is deposed in november)
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on May 6, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Basilsbest on May 6, 2012 at 8:36 AM

The networks, yes. In the blogosphere, it’s old news.

PersonFromPorlock on May 6, 2012 at 8:45 AM

It’s old news which was only briefly canvassed. For a story to stick, you need to flood the zone. Hot Air has run more stories on Seamus. With Obama portraying himself as a hero for giving an order that every other president except Clinton would have given without hesitation, this is an ideal time to flood the zone with questions as to why he waited at least 8 months before giving the order.

Basilsbest on May 6, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Try again.

radjah shelduck on May 6, 2012 at 8:34 AM>

Did you see this?

txhsmom on May 6, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Has Clinton ever given a decent explanation for why he didn’t take out bin Laden when he had the chance? Was he ever directly questioned on TV about it? I’d genuinely like to know his reasoning, after he was willing to Tomahawk an aspirin factory during Lewinskygate.

cane_loader on May 6, 2012 at 9:04 AM

cane_loader on May 6, 2012 at 8:50 AM

How could you be so cruel to the dog?

txhsmom on May 6, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Narcissus, meet Nemesis!

Also be sure to read Jack Cashill’s take down of the composite girlfriend.

Both articles are better than watching the Sunday shows.

FLconservative on May 6, 2012 at 9:08 AM

How could you be so cruel to the dog?

txhsmom on May 6, 2012 at 9:08 AM

The dog’s the bite. While Barry’s trying to get a bite and distracted, that’s when you tip-toe up wrapped in Hefty bags and hit him with a shovel :-)

cane_loader on May 6, 2012 at 9:10 AM

read it folks!!

cmsinaz on May 6, 2012 at 9:15 AM

cmsinaz on May 6, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Thank you, ma’am!

kingsjester on May 6, 2012 at 9:18 AM

cane_loader on May 6, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Oh ok. For a minute there I thought Puppy Muncher was going to get away with it again.

txhsmom on May 6, 2012 at 9:21 AM

I’m tempted to watch Biden in action for no other reason that I need the laughs…

BlaxPac on May 6, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Basilsbest on May 6, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Start your own blog and cover what you want.

katy the mean old lady on May 6, 2012 at 9:51 AM

NewsFlash! Gary Johnson wins the Libertarian vote! So that tidal wave will swamp the Electoral College and assure us of another 3rd party President in the model of former President Paul, Tsongas, Perot….

…oh wait, they didn’t win either?

…WHO won after they declared?

Oh my…well at least MY passport is up to date.

BlaxPac on May 6, 2012 at 9:56 AM

txhsmom on May 6, 2012 at 8:32 AM

Don’t forget Elizabeth Warren’s contribution by claiming those people who called her on her fake indian heritage were sexists trying to make out women were not qualified; i.e. that its part of the GOP’s war on women to call out self-promoting liars and frauds.

KW64 on May 6, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Exactly.

kingsjester on May 6, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Where is George Washington when you need him? Great post!

Night Owl on May 6, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Start your own blog and cover what you want.

katy the mean old lady on May 6, 2012 at 9:51 AM

It’s a lot less work to gripe (trust me) and try to change a blog founded by a Reagan Conservative.

kingsjester on May 6, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Exactly.

kingsjester on May 6, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Love this part:

(T)hey overestimated the crowd and underestimated the American people…

Fallon on May 6, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Night Owl on May 6, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Thanks!

kingsjester on May 6, 2012 at 10:01 AM

candy crowley trying to play gotcha with newt

what a tool….newt did great

cmsinaz on May 6, 2012 at 9:13 AM

…and it begins!…we have to fight the media, AND all the morons on the left…oh wait!

KOOLAID2 on May 6, 2012 at 10:01 AM

No thank you very much and that goes triple for Meet the Depressed with Frogger Gregory.

CorporatePiggy on May 6, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Fallon on May 6, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Thank you!

kingsjester on May 6, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Hat tip to Kingjester:

[T]he teachings of the Bible are so interwoven and entwined with our whole civic and social life that it would be literally….impossible for us to figure to ourselves what that life would be if these teaching were removed.

-TEDDY ROOSEVELT

Unfortunately, Teddy, not for us.

Cleombrotus on May 6, 2012 at 10:13 AM

tomas on May 6, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Think about it, the primary is over, do you really think Newt or Sen. Santorum are going to bad mouth anyone but Obama?

Cindy Munford on May 6, 2012 at 10:13 AM

onlineanalyst on May 6, 2012 at 8:19 AM

THIS!

BIG TIME!

Cleombrotus on May 6, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Exactly.

kingsjester on May 6, 2012 at 9:12 AM

You delusional freaks should stop wasting your time begging a nonexistent super powered sky friend to do something and get your fear filled butts in gear and to affect accual change. You god squaders disgust me in your willing ignorance and your happy slavery to stupidity.

Your Mamma loves me on May 6, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Scorecard:

20 – Liberal, defined as liberal or associated with the Dems.

3 – Kook-Fringe-Left, defined as Tavis Smiley.

7 – GOP, defined as Center-Right or associated with GOP.

6 – Conservative, defined as conservative.

Another red-letter day for the liberal media.

Jaibones on May 6, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Your Mamma loves me on May 6, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Classy name. Classy post./

kingsjester on May 6, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Yes, they have…they overestimated the crowd and underestimated the American people and the Solid Rock upon which this nation was built

….but we never had a media that was as actively partisan before in such an overt way…we need God’s help!

KOOLAID2 on May 6, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Great column today, KJ!

Naturally Curly on May 6, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Your Mamma loves me on May 6, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Then busy yourself with your own life so you won’t worry about how others spend their time and thoughts.

Cindy Munford on May 6, 2012 at 10:26 AM

This one is also a must read. Thanks for the link, FLconservative!

Naturally Curly on May 6, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Your Mamma loves me on May 6, 2012 at 10:17 AM

……another great superfluous moronic post from someone whose momma rejected him.

KOOLAID2 on May 6, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Rubio was great.

Only problem is he will overshadow Romney much like Palin did McCain! Now there is a race I would pay to see. Rubio vs Palin!

huckleberryfriend on May 6, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Your Mamma loves me on May 6, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Well, Good Morning to you too! Woke up alone again this morning, huh? Hungover, cranky and looking for a fight? Well, I for one, will be praying for you!

Night Owl on May 6, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Will they ask BIiden about alqaeda’s assessment of him?

MayBee on May 6, 2012 at 8:14 AM

…they took on Biden for his knowledge or experience on foreign policy…what a joke that has been!…PLUS Bite me Biden has been an economic eunuch! Was there one VP in history that has been dumber? (I’m getting like JugEars in regards to history).

KOOLAID2 on May 6, 2012 at 10:44 AM

They throw Biden out there to fill the seat(s) with bullsh!t.

David Plouffe knows he’s an idiot, that’s how they use him, the talk shows should be insulted, they send Biden as sort of a show demeaning lesson, you’ve been less than totally in the tank flattering to the President so here you get to interview dummy.

Speakup on May 6, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Your Mamma loves me on May 6, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Classy name.

kingsjester on May 6, 2012 at 10:18 AM

It’s quite revealing of not only a lack of moral character, but also a dearth of intelligence (yet he looks down on us).
Mamma spelled in a, shall we say, unique way.
Mamma capitalized improperly (I would explain why this is true, but it would be more fun to see him disagree & dig himself deeper).
The Bible says that if a fool keeps quiet, folks might deem him wiser than he is. But fools have a tendency to want to expose themselves.

itsnotaboutme on May 6, 2012 at 10:51 AM

UNBELIEVABLE.

I think if it was a Republican Senatorial candidate with the “great great great great great great meemaw who was Cherokee”, David Gregory would have found 30 seconds to work it in.

Of course, his “round the table with political happenings this week” were nearly 100% anti-Romney topics.

Marcus on May 6, 2012 at 10:52 AM

inspectorudy on May 6, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Robert DeNiro piece on Meet The Press — Being President is a hard job, and as the NY Times said, this so-called liberal President got Bin Laden. And he did get Bin Laden. And hopefully his next 4 years will be better when he doesn’t have to worry about getting reelected.

Robert DeNiro, you make me sad.

Paul-Cincy on May 6, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Robert DeNiro, you make me sad.

Paul-Cincy on May 6, 2012 at 11:00 AM

What an uncomfortable piece. They were sitting so awkwardly and David Gregory was staring at DeNiro’s crotch the entire segment. SOMEONE close your legs!

Marcus on May 6, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Will they ask BIiden about alqaeda’s assessment of him?

MayBee on May 6, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Or ask him why he’s out of the loop at top White House meetings?

itsnotaboutme on May 6, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I watched Biden this morning and he was a real clown. He made me snort my coffee through my nose when he stated that Obama going to Afghanistan was to sign the agreement between Kharzi and Obama and not to gloat over the killing of Bin Laden on the one year anniversary of that event. Does he really think we are that stupid? Gregory was as usual a sycophant for Obama and allowed Biden to blather on and on about what they inherited from the evil Buuuush. I had to turn it off and could not watch the fair and balanced round table discussion. inspectorudy on May 6, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Yes. And with good reason.

Basilsbest on May 6, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Start your own blog and cover what you want.
katy the mean old lady on May 6, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Basilsbest on May 6, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Marcus on May 6, 2012 at 11:05 AM

…so!…THAT’s why JugEars always sits in a chair with his legs so tightly crossed he’s afraid something might pop out from ‘that nether region’ when he’s being interviewed!

KOOLAID2 on May 6, 2012 at 11:44 AM

There’s something seriously wrong in Western Civilization.

Cleombrotus on May 6, 2012 at 8:26 AM

+ several million, for the understatement of the century.

Schadenfreude on May 6, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Newt should have his own show. Think about it…

Night Owl on May 6, 2012 at 8:13 AM

i love newt, but on this score…resist we much.

t8stlikchkn on May 6, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Your Mamma loves me on May 6, 2012 at 10:17 AM

What is it about the idea of God that gets you so worked up that you feel the need to be purposely ugly to those who believe in him? There are nicer ways to say what you said, and you might get along better with a lot of people, in general, if you showed more respect for their beliefs, instead of purposely trying to be hurtful.

No one likes a mean person, down deep. You may find yourself alone when you get older, if you keep purposely trying to push people’s buttons.

A little tolerance goes a long way.

cane_loader on May 6, 2012 at 2:51 PM

And just to pick at you, since you’re evincing superiority, here is what you need to work on, to be perfect:

1. Learn how to use hyphens, as in “super-powered” and “sky-friend” and “fear-filled” and “god-squaders” (a more economical word is “fearful”).

2. Learn how to use “affect” and “effect”; the one you wanted was “effect.”

3. Learn how to spell basic words like “actual.”

Once you have learned these things, please do try again, if you would seek to re-trumpet your intellectual superiority.

cane_loader on May 6, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Biden you idiot!, we’re suppose to fool these rubes until after the election. Don’t tell them how you really feel until the second week of November. Axelrod, get Hillary on the phone.

Hummer53 on May 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I watch portly Huck every Saturday night, get everything I need, don’t have to watch the Sunday shows. Love his show. Maybe Fox can slot Newt in after the Huck show. Wouldn’t that be a hoot.

steveracer on May 6, 2012 at 10:29 PM