Video: Uncle Sam’s unlimited cell-phone plan

posted at 2:31 pm on May 5, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Say — how’d you like to get a free cellphone?  No strings attached, no contracts, and no payments ever.  Don’t stop at one phone, either — get two, three, five, ten, twenty or more!  The cost is covered by people who are dumb enough to pay for their own cell phones … like you and me.  We’ve been doing it for a decade or more, and it’s now costing us over a billion dollars a year, as Rep. Tim Griffin (R-AR) argues as he fights to bring the program to a halt:

Griffin appeared on Fox News this week to discuss the issue:

This isn’t a new program, or a new issue.  Griffin notes that the Lifeline program started off as a means to subsidize landline telephone service to the poor, which makes some sense.  Without a landline phone, it would be difficult for people to access critical response agencies like the police and fire departments.  Griffin’s bill wouldn’t impact that part of the program, but it would stop the federal government giveaway of cell phones.  With deficits careening out of control, this is one luxury we can’t afford — and as Griffin says, it’s also a kind of a canary in the coal mine for budget discipline.  If we can’t cut this spending, then we’re not going to have the political will to address the more difficult choices that will be forced on us in the near future.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Thanks. I was worried that it might have been the beauty salons and fast food that did it. ;-)

totherightofthem on May 5, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Pretty sure any mention of Der Weinerschnitzel would automatically get stopped by our filters … and then beaten to death. In-N-Out gets bolded and pushed to the top of the comments.

Ed Morrissey on May 5, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Hey, I was right!

Ed Morrissey on May 5, 2012 at 4:19 PM

For those of you who are questioning why the words “liquor” and “casino” are on the mod list, it’s because tons of comment spam from on-line casinos and liquor sellers come at us all the time. That’s not something AP or I added; it’s part of the comment-spam filtering that gets applied to our system.

Ed Morrissey on May 5, 2012 at 4:13 PM

So moderation here is controlled by spammers. That’s cool.

What’s the point of registration?

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 5, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Enjoy time with family, they are jewels you can’t replace. Thank you so much and that goes for AP also. It is a privilege to post here.
L

letget on May 5, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Megadittos

cane_loader on May 5, 2012 at 4:20 PM

letget on May 5, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I’ll second that emotion. Enjoy your weekends. It’s a testament to your abilities that this place runs as smoothly as it does, trolls and all.

totherightofthem on May 5, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Ed Morrissey on May 5, 2012 at 4:19 PM

OMG, LOL

How about Burger King and McDonalds and

K..f……c……??

(Bet that last one bites the dust)

cane_loader on May 5, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Kentucky-Fried Chicken is good food :)

cane_loader on May 5, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Ed Morrissey on May 5, 2012 at 4:19 PM

So, I can’t talk about former Congressmen Barney Frank or Anthony Weiner?

totherightofthem on May 5, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Let’s quit using all caps!

Dack Thrombosis on May 5, 2012 at 3:17 PM

But but but… Capslock is cruise control for cool!

Ugly on May 5, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Or, maybe I can talk about Barney Frank but not Anthony Weiner. Hmmmmmm. I’ll have to remember that.

totherightofthem on May 5, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Franks and Weiners are good too, a long as there are no nearby ignition sources

cane_loader on May 5, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Good to know that my comment on spammers controlling moderation couldn’t make it past moderation.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 5, 2012 at 4:24 PM

there are no nearby ignition sources

cane_loader on May 5, 2012 at 4:23 PM

lol! I’ve got to stop getting visuals on posts here. I’m endangering my keyboard and monitor.

totherightofthem on May 5, 2012 at 4:25 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 5, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I feel your pain. . ..

totherightofthem on May 5, 2012 at 4:25 PM

My question was along the lines of, “How is spam such a problem when you have to register to comment (and registration is closed up as tight as …)?”

I don’t get it. This isn’t an open comment section.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 5, 2012 at 4:27 PM

How about giving them special phones that dial only one number then-911?

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 5, 2012 at 4:09 PM

they ARE special phones. Very special. Even equipped with GPS and all those fancy buttons!

It won’t be long till all you have to show is your ObaMooch Phone for all intents and purposes. Heh.

Key West Reader on May 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 5, 2012 at 4:27 PM

That’s a good question.

totherightofthem on May 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Franks and Weiners are good too, a long as there are no nearby ignition sources

cane_loader on May 5, 2012 at 4:23 PM

My family has become quite fond of franks-n-beans. They are quite tasty.

Although not as tasty as the lobster and shrimp and filet mignon purchased by the poor woman in front of me. She even got pre-made salad and fresh vegetables from a high end store.

Me? I’m slogging through the farmer’s market buying second rate. But hey, I’m fine. A little rancid produce never did a body wrong.

It makes me think of poor, poor Elizabeth Warren and how she had to hunt for her food and harvest produce from her own …

/LOL~

Key West Reader on May 5, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Sorry to be O/T, but this is about bho, all about bho? This is funny if true? Me thinks the wh bed might be a bit cool tonight?

Guess bho couldn’t wait to do his floppy, limp wrist down the ramp and just dang near forgot mo?

L

letget on May 5, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Mooch or not, you’re an idiot. That was a load of rubbish and you seem to have no clue as to what the structure of the US government is.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 5, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Well, bless your heart. Have a great day! Someday, I guess I will be as smart as you.

MunDane68 on May 5, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Someday, I guess I will be as smart as you.

MunDane68 on May 5, 2012 at 4:59 PM

You’d be lucky to achieve the intellectual level of my left nut.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 5, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Well, bless your heart.

Being from Tx/south we know how that was meant! Good for you. Many meanings, but We do know the difference.
L

letget on May 5, 2012 at 5:10 PM

You’d be lucky to achieve the intellectual level of my left nut.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 5, 2012 at 5:08 PM

*snicker*

BigWyo on May 5, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Shaking head again… “Unbelievable”

fistbump on May 5, 2012 at 5:59 PM

I’m boycotting Washington, D.C.

Key West Reader on May 5, 2012 at 6:26 PM

If YOU want to pay for Nancy Pelosi’s botox?

Pay taxes.

/Harumph

Key West Reader on May 5, 2012 at 6:27 PM

cane_loader on May 5, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Yeah! And let’s boil and eat the Irish children!

Solves famine and overpopulation!

Good grief.

Bruno Strozek on May 5, 2012 at 6:46 PM

(By the way, props back at ya, KWR. I have always been a fan of your comments!)

The War Planner on May 5, 2012 at 4:08 PM

…ditto dat!…and she’s on a roll today!
(late going over the threads…went to a graduation today)

KOOLAID2 on May 5, 2012 at 6:47 PM

It’s been commonly called the “Obama phone” but that’s an urban legend as free cell phones were added under the Bush Administration.

Another BIG GOVERNMENT ENTITLEMENT GIFT from the Ayatollah’s in the GOP establishment!

The same guys you conservative slaves will RUN TO THE POLLS and vote for in November! And you’ll do it because of a “mentality of deficiency” – because you think, that big government guys who call themselves “small government” guys are somehow better than the other guys – who tell the truth about their real orientation!

Laughable.

HondaV65 on May 5, 2012 at 6:48 PM

This isn’t a new program, or a new issue. Griffin notes that the Lifeline program started off as a means to subsidize landline telephone service to the poor, which makes some sense.

Caught the last half of Rep. Griffin’s discussion on the Jerry Doyle Show on my way home from work last night. Hope he gets somewhere with it — he sounded pretty incensed while he was talking about it — and I hear the commercials on the radio all the time exhorting people on public assistance to call some number to see if they qualify for a free cell phone.

Good for Rep. Griffin that he’s doing this, but he’s only one guy and these programs are worse than weeds — when one is killed, six more sprout in their place.

PatriotGal2257 on May 5, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Laughable.

HondaV65 on May 5, 2012 at 6:48 PM

HondaV, study progressives.

After you do, things will become a bit clearer.

Best to you, Honda.

Key West Reader on May 5, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Folks are evidently mad about this, but not mad about the entitlements THEY receive.
Not all of you, of course.
But there are lurkers here who have no problem with taking a little government cash under the auspices that “I’m a taxpayer! I deserve my fair share!”
Those people NAUSEATE me.
‘Cuz when you pay taxes, it’s not like you should be expecting to get your money’s worth back.

Badger40 on May 5, 2012 at 8:08 PM

So check out how child-care credits are going directly to Mexico via fraudulent IRS claims:

The Channel 13 News station in Indianapolis is exposing this huge scam on we the people.

onlineanalyst on May 5, 2012 at 8:13 PM

We work and pay so that Obots can play.

redridinghood on May 5, 2012 at 8:18 PM

onlineanalyst on May 5, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Just watched the report. Good start and eye-opening astounding. But somehow, I get the impression that Channel 13′s next report, where they talk to Congress about it, will be just so much hand-wringing, as was the interview with the Inspector General.

Seems to me there’s an opportunity for a James O’Keefe ACORN-style journalistic sting operation to blow this whole thing open.

PatriotGal2257 on May 5, 2012 at 9:04 PM

And you’ll do it because of a “mentality of deficiency” –

HondaV65 on May 5, 2012 at 6:48 PM

and you won’t do it (vote that is) because of a ‘mental deficiency’ :-)…

jimver on May 5, 2012 at 9:44 PM

We work and pay so that Obots can play.

redridinghood on May 5, 2012 at 8:18 PM

…more like sit on their azzes, Zucotti Park-style…soon we’ll find out that the Macs that were on display in the Zucotti tents were paid by the taxpayers too, through some ‘life line’ program…after all, people need internet and laptops/tablets to come with it for emergency situations, as a back up for when there’s no cell phone network signal, no?…

jimver on May 5, 2012 at 9:50 PM

This article is misleading.

The “free cell phone” programs provide some really, really cheap phones (no touch screens, no internet access from what I’ve seen) with a limited number of minutes per month – around 250 or less.

Folks gaming the system to get multiple phones is unacceptable and should be dealt with, obviously, but the “unlimited” plan thing is ridiculous (and false) and the images of folks texting away with decent phones (phones that’d cost you at least $30-50 or so) are just plain wrong.

Aquarian on May 5, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Congress never actually passed a tax on individuals to pay for this program. So, don’t pay it. Absolutely pay your phone bill, just don’t pay this tax.

Find the line on your phone bill that says “universal service fund” and just deduct this from what you send to phone company, The next month they’ll add it to your bill, along with the current month’s installment, but just keep ignoring it.

If enough people do this, it won’t be long before the phone companies demand relief from Congress for having to collect this tax, and then maybe we’ll get some real attention to this.

platapapin on May 5, 2012 at 11:58 PM

This article is misleading.

Aquarian on May 5, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Let’s say they cost $20 – that’s 50 million phones, enough for approximately 16% of the population. The problem is we probably got 40 million phones and an entrenched layer of government employees instead. What I’m saying is just have Sprint send me a bill directly – they can include it with the other taxes hidden on my statement. It amounts to about $5.35 per taxpayer.

You’ve also managed to demonstrate Ed’s point perfectly. If we can’t cut this when times are bad, any politician calling for it when times are good will almost certainly be met with either crickets or a campaign ad of him beating up poor people and taking their cell phones.

stout77 on May 6, 2012 at 12:03 AM

We teeter on the tipping point. It’s getting so that you pay your taxes, obey the law, pay your mortgage, show up for work every day and then you see this kind of thing and you feel like a fool. Americans will tolerate many varieties of discomfiture. Feeling foolish isn’t one of them

curved space on May 6, 2012 at 12:07 AM

This article is misleading.

Aquarian on May 5, 2012 at 10:59 PM

That is not true at all. I just threw my letter away last week, or I would quote directly from it. The phones are nice, have Internet, and unlimited texting. I don’t know what your source was, but your source is wrong.

cane_loader on May 6, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I paid my student loans and pay for my cell phone.
If students are forgiven their loans, then I want my damn $12,000 back.

Or it’s going to get ugly.

cane_loader on May 6, 2012 at 12:09 AM

And it won’t stop here. I hear they’re planning on giving all children in America a FREE education and that’s not all. Someone else has proposed giving Seniors free medical care. The Horror! I think I’ll just quit my job so my kids can go to school FREE!

You didn’t feel any Willie Horton overtones in the examples givin?

richardporter on May 6, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Ed Morrissey on May 5, 2012 at 4:19 PM

After all, you can only remove that beginning “B” and trailing “r” from those “In-N-Out Burger” bumper stickers so many times before people start to either roll their eyes or get offended or both.

bugsy on May 6, 2012 at 6:19 AM

If we don’t give free cellphones to the poor, then how can the homegirls meet their baby daddies and make more Democrats? And how can the homeboys flashmob together to beat up whitey to get even for…. what was it they are trying to get even for again?

Spartacus on May 6, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Well, clearly, I haven’t been banned yet. Any moderator want to clue me in on what was so awful about my previous two posts that seem to have disappeared?

totherightofthem on May 5, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Leftists have infiltrated the management of this site just like they’ve done with Glenn Beck’s Blaze website. You can’t stop them. You can’t root them out. Firing them brings an official investigation by the InJustice Dept and a follow-up lawsuit by a host of Leftist Organizations. Speaking out against them in the workplace gets you censured, demoted, or fired. Their opinions are the only ones that can be voice, the rest are simply overt acts of intolerance bordering on hate-speech.

The entire Federal Gov’t is run by Leftists at ALL levels. You local gov’t is run by Leftists from the School Board upward. The Education System from Daycare to Graduate School is run by Leftists. The game is up. Join or perish. Resistance is futile.

Mahdi on May 6, 2012 at 8:35 AM

If my free cellphone here yet?

*checks mailbox*

NOPE>>>

cane_loader on May 6, 2012 at 8:45 AM

[snip]

Mahdi on May 6, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Speaking out against them here usually gets a dignified silence from Ed or a witty snark from Allah.

Are you sure you haven’t accidentally wandered off the Kos reservation? Better check your GPS – I think your folks dropped you on it….

;-)

cane_loader on May 6, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Spartacus on May 6, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Being underprivileged.

And no, they can’t see the irony. Thanks to their public-school educations, they don’t even know what irony means.

AZCoyote on May 6, 2012 at 9:28 AM

I keep some bills for years, as a reference for issues just like this.

I have my soon-to-be 6-yr-old flip phone before me. I paid $20 to T-Mobile for this item, with a 2 year contract. In April 2007 (the oldest bill I have in my possession) the Universal Service Fund tax was 80 cents. Each successive year, the amount was as follows: 4/08 88 cents , 4/09 67 cents, 4/10 94 cents, 4/11 $1.05, 4/12 $1.26.

I wonder why it dropped in 2009 – I’ll need to take a closer look at these figures month by month.

So I allow myself a modest plan for 300 anytime minutes (which includes 50 text messages that I don’t use) which costs $29.99 but is taxed at a rate of 17.74%, a quarter of which is used to give multiple cellphones of a much higher quality to other people who aren’t even working?

I make less than 43K. How is this fair?

disa on May 6, 2012 at 9:31 AM

You think free cell phones are bad? How about high speed internet for only $10/month with no installation costs and no equipment to buy?

If you have a kid that gets free lunch at school, you qualify. The rest of us suckers pay $40/month +tax which makes it about $46, have to buy our own equipment and usually pay a $25-50 installation charge.

angryed on May 6, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Those people NAUSEATE me.

Badger40 on May 5, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Just let me keep more of my legally-earned money instead of wasting it this way.

disa on May 6, 2012 at 9:58 AM

So moderation here is controlled by spammers. That’s cool.

What’s the point of registration?

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 5, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Did Ed ever answer your question?

disa on May 6, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Yet another blow-out pop-up appears. Obviously the Spam problem isn’t fixed.
(unless of course the proprietors get paid to do that to their readers)

The new First Ride for B. Hussein Obama:

Personally, I prefer Bratwurst or Italian Sausage (with fennel of course).
Maybe Uncle Adolph’s Staff car will be on the auction block again.
The not-so-secret service oughta love that Mercedes Benz! Nothing is too good for I Won.
(it’s a real chick magnet too – like Barry Soetoro himself)
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on May 6, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Because we all know that a “necessity” should be defined as something nobody even heard of 30 years ago. What we need is a government funded study to prove how many drug deals are done on “free phones”. Free????

MDLibertyLover on May 6, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I’ve looked at several websites offering this program. I am seeing basic phones with 250 free minutes per month. I am not seeing iPhones, Blackberry phones, or Android phones. I am also not seeing unlimited calling plans for free.

Where are these plans so many of you are talking about? As it is, 250/basic phone is still too darn much, as it a subsidized home phone. But let’s not blow what is already a bad thing in fact into something far worse than it actually is.

If someone has a link to show free unlimited with data, I’d sure like to see it, and will also gladly stand corrected.

friendlygrizzly on May 6, 2012 at 11:16 AM

The local womens’ shelter takes old cell phones and issues them to their clients. All cell companies by law MUST accept 9-1-1 calls. Even if nobody is paying for them. The poor don’t need an unlimited talk, text, and data plan to have basic 9-1-1 access.

Sekhmet on May 6, 2012 at 11:29 AM

AZCoyote on May 6, 2012 at 9:28 AM

You’re assuming that they 1. show up at school consistently 2. take it seriously and study

I don’t get this idea that if their schools were privatized tomorrow that these kids would become Rhodes Scholars. I’ve met some real morons who were homeschooled or went to private schools as well as those who went to public schools (oh, and college as well), and those who never graduated from anything but feel that they’re somehow superior because of their “street smarts” and savvy in business (though oddly enough, most I remember were barely getting by)…these types always have a plan or scheme of some kind, gonna make it big in this endeavor and then that…yeah, they have true Capitalistic, Conservative values but end up mooching off of the system and/or their parents.

And there are those who I’ve met who are with it and doing well having experienced any of the above.

It comes down to personal responsibility and family values/support. Blaming institutions for the failures of individuals to act responsibility in their lives is, to me, a Leftist/Anarchist argument of the effects of one’s environment, not a Conservative one of personal choices and individual Liberty.

—————–

Another angle to this Lifeline business is that the cell phone companies are raking in millions of dollars of profit they wouldn’t have if it weren’t for Uncle Sam’s interference.

Yet another example of crony capitalism.

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 6, 2012 at 11:38 AM

yes pull the only communications of the poor from underneath them. that will do a lot of good.

damian1967 on May 6, 2012 at 12:07 PM

damian1967 on May 6, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Like I pointed out above, a data plan is not necessary to reach emergency services. I’m not happy about paying someone to yak with Aunt Lucy.

Sekhmet on May 6, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I can’t even side with Griffin on this. We have neither Constitutional authority, nor responsibility, to pay for peoples’ phones. I don’t give a good damn how poor or unfortunate you are, I should not be on the hook to pay for your damned landline or cellphone. If he was really so interested in cutting fraud, waste and abuse, he’d be looking to follow the Constitution, and kill that program, altogether. If people think they need phones so badly, then they can get charities together to do it. If you don’t like it, tough sh*t. Pull some cash out of your own pockets, and stay the &$#@ out of mine.

Virus-X on May 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM

stout77 on May 6, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Sprint does bill you directly; I think – it’s the Universal Service charge or whatever. I’m not particularly sure what point of Ed’s I was demonstrating, though – my disagreement with a few points in the article doesn’t mean I’m saying “Oh no! We can’t cut off the lifelines for these unfortunate souls! How dare you even think of such a terrible thing!” – first, I believe all funding should be open to scrutiny (and I mean all) and second, I am all for getting rid of entitlement programs (wholesale, preferably).

cane_loader on May 6, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Where do you live, if you don’t mind sharing? I know a person who uses this “lifelink” service – it’s actually provided by private cellular operators and subsidized by that charge on folks’ cell phone bills, not some vast government bureaucracy from what I’ve seen – and the plan only comes with 250 minutes per month along with a cheap, cheap phone. ($20 would be stretching it, and it’s probably refurbished to boot.)

Aquarian on May 6, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Been doing the task of inputting our bills into Quicken and we have broken down all the fees and taxes for years… I believe we are of the few that do… You would be astounded to find out just how much you are paying for everyone to have what you have for free and the fact is they DO have more than you and better than you.

How about half price cars at auctions thru GM if you have a LoanStar card here in Texas! You would be sick to your stomach and quit your job tomorrow if you knew how to get on all the entitlement programs too….. I am finding it real hard to continue busting my back and doing without so everyone else can get all the things I myself can’t purchase or afford myself.

Give Always aren’t FREE… Someone, somewhere along the line paid for it.

ActinUpinTexas on May 6, 2012 at 5:04 PM

But there is no one who does not, or did not, take advantage of the “system” at some time. No one is innocent, if we are honest with ourselves. We just think our abuses minor or barely worth noticing, but those other people, theirs is an egregious violation of decency.

And tell me, who does that sound like…?

MunDane68 on May 5, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Speak for yourself. You take advantage of the system. You cheat and lie. You consider your abuses minor.

I do not, never have, and never will.

I guess it’s normal for those who cheat and lie and take advantage to assume that “no one is innocent” of these abuses. I guess it makes them feel better, telling themselves that lie. After all, it’s just one more lie . . .

Alana on May 6, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Did Ed ever answer your question?

disa on May 6, 2012 at 10:01 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 6, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Two fun points that come out of the Bush-Obama dynamic on this idiotic welfare program:

1. Yet another in the myriad reminders that Bush was no fiscal conservative, despite the rhetoric from the kook-left haters;

2. Yet another example of a Bush program that Obama has hyper-inflated to pervert a welfare program into a reparations mechanism, all while leaning on his tired “wait…this is a Bush program!” bullsh!t.

Jaibones on May 6, 2012 at 11:05 PM

And what article/section/clause in the US Constitution authorizes this crap? Why do I even ask any more?

dominigan on May 7, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I am aware of the Goverment’s right to raise revenue, which is why we pay taxes every april and constantly pay sales tax. I am unaware of exactly where in the Constitution the goverment is allowed to reach into my pocket at any time when they want Americans to fund yet another dumb@$$ Liberal Give-Away program. Can anyone attempt to give me reference to that info? If the Goverment is allowed to add a Phone Tax to my phone to give people phones, what is to stop the goverment to add a tax to my electricity bill to help fund Green Donors like Solyndra or add a tax to my mortgage so they can help pay Freddie & Fannie straight from our Pockets each month? Eough is Enough! The goverment needs to get its hand out of my d@mn pocket!

easyt65 on May 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM

SHEESH!!!…I just don’t know why you conservatives hate the poor so dang much!!! ….. don’t you think perhaps they might want to talk to their grandmother a little before y’all push ‘em off a freaking cliff???!!! or to call 911 afterwards??? heehee!

W.KY-hillbilly on May 7, 2012 at 1:59 PM

W.KY-hillbilly on May 7, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Haven’t seen you before, so not sure if you’re serious… I hope you’re not, but I’ll respond as if you were.

I don’t “hate” the poor… but I don’t love them enough to desperately want to increase their numbers either. So if I can get the lower middle class an economic situation where the government isn’t putting the brakes on the economy; I’d like to give them a chance not to be poor.

Whereas liberals, yes, they LOVE the poor… so much so that they keep instituting new policies to make sure there are more and more poor every year to love.

If that is your criteria, and given that I’d prefer policies that result in fewer and not greater numbers of poor… I don’t know, maybe that is “hate”.

gekkobear on May 7, 2012 at 3:04 PM

The goverment needs to get its hand out of my d@mn pocket!

easyt65 on May 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Cancer is very difficult to eradicate once it has spread—–and it has. :(

arnold ziffel on May 7, 2012 at 3:54 PM