Great news: New EEOC checkbox category emerges

posted at 9:16 am on May 5, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Hey, I tried to anticipate the next expansion in ethnic categorization yesterday with my proposal for recognition of left-handed Finns as a protected minority, but that obviously doesn’t have the same ring to it as Jehmu Green’s contribution in this clip.  Last night, the Democratic strategist paired off with The Daily Caller’s Tucker Carlson over the controversy surrounding Elizabeth Warren and her claims to Native American heritage, and Green dismissed Carlson as nothing more than a “bow tie’n white boy”:

CARLSON: It was unfair when it happened under segregation, it’s unfair now. Indeed, it’s indefensible and that’s why she doesn’t want to talk about this, because she did gain material advantage by lying about her ethnic background. And no one should gain advantage because of his ethnic background, period.

GREENE: Tucker! Tucker! Elizabeth Warren has been very clear that she has not gained advantage…

CARLSON: No she has not been clear.

GREENE: And at the end of the day, she won the teaching award at Harvard two years in a row, she won teaching awards at the University of Pennsylvania, at the University of Michigan, at the University of Houston. To question this woman on her qualifications is going to be something that does appeal to…folks like you, voters like you, bow tie’n white boys, but at the end of the day it is going to backfire…

The most humorous part of this exchange takes place just after this, when Carlson scolds Green for name-calling, and she says, “I didn’t call you a name!”  After the break, Megyn Kelly conferred with producers and apologized on the air to Carlson for Green’s slam, which can only be called …. racist.  Had Carlson tossed out a dismissive insult based on Green’s skin color on the air, his career would be over, and everyone knows it.  I doubt the same thing will happen to Green, and that’s the kind of bias that isn’t funny at all.

For the record, though, Warren’s qualifications for her post at Harvard are open to question, as Paul Bedard noted this week:

That “box checking,” as critics call it, likely played a role in her Harvard hiring especially when her background is compared to those of the other near-100 Harvard Law School professors and assistant professors, according to an analysis of law schools the professors attended. Most graduated from Harvard, and all from the nation’s top 10. Warren graduated from Rutgers University in Newark, ranked 82nd by Top-Law-Schools.com.

What’s more, only Rutgers has current law school professors who graduated from Rutgers. And in the analysis of the law school degrees of the roughly 350 Ivy League law school professors provided by a Warren critic, only one graduated from a lower-ranked law school than Warren, a Yale professor who attended the University of Nebraska Law School, ranked 89.

Did she get hired only on the basis of that checkbox?  Perhaps or perhaps not, but it’s no secret that Harvard itself saw that as a marketing asset; they didn’t put her on a list to brag about hiring people from law schools that ranked only in the 80s, or having faculty with “high cheekbones.”  That’s the problem with affirmative action; it calls into question hiring and placement motivations, even when those questions would otherwise be unfair.  It’s a great argument for ending the practice.  If we want to put our efforts into equal opportunity, we should start by fixing primary education with school choice and competition, especially in our urban centers, where we usually find our worst-performing schools.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

You’ve dedicated an entire post to something said by someone that nobody has heard of. You sound as ridiculous as the people who were going on about the “aspirin between the knees” guy that nobody had heard of. Why not post about interesting, important,, or substantive things?

DaveS on May 5, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Um, because it creates traffic? And because that’s what bloggers are supposed to do?

parteagirl on May 5, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Absolute racism and hate filled.

KMC1 on May 5, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I’ve never seen a video clip so perfectly demonstrate the double-standard being discussed. I’ll bet Green never realized it either.

goflyers on May 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM

My great, great grandmother was the mother of a bow tie white boy American. I claim that that heritage with honor, goofy appearance, insults and all. No known effect on cheek bones though.

Mason on May 5, 2012 at 11:07 AM

if they were to primary him, they would irreparably harm their standing among blacks for a long time – not worth the gamble.

The Count on May 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Exactly right. This is not the first time we’ve had a Jimmy Carter for president. The last time, he was primaried. Carter was more than 50% white, so they didn’t have to worry about all the major cities being burned to the ground. It didn’t work, but the democrats wanted someone else.

Alabama Infidel on May 5, 2012 at 11:08 AM

To what was Jehmu objecting, specifically?

“bow tyin’”?

or

“white”?

or

“boys”?

Or was it the whole classist, racist, sexist package?

de rigueur on May 5, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Ever notice how every statement Greene makes involves some liberal–especially Obama–being very “clear” about something? Funny, she always says that when discussing subjects where the liberal is being very opaque.

I put Jemu Greene up there with Valerie Jarrett in the nitwit category.

I’d love to see Greene squared off against the Vanderbilt prof, Carol Swain or Star Parker. Talk about a cage match.

BuckeyeSam on May 5, 2012 at 11:09 AM

The problem is that when this happens we on the right do not as a group hold their feet to the fire like they do on the left. We should call or write Fox and let them know we will not watch her when she is on and demand they fire her. This is what they do on the left, and it works.

silvernana on May 5, 2012 at 11:11 AM

C’mon Tucker, don’t let that racism slide. I’d have called her out dead to rights. “That’s racist hate speech and I don’t have to sit here and listen to it, bigot!”

See her respond to that. Make them play by their own rules.

Pattosensei on May 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I agree. She should have her racism rubbed in her fat, bloated face every time she appears on TV. But Tucker, like most conservatives, are still just so, so scared of the race hustlers. He should have ROARED down on her and left her weeping in her steaming pile of racist bullshit.

Rational Thought on May 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM

ALL of this, and it’s long past time. ^^^

PatriotGal2257 on May 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Do “White Hispanics” get bow-ties too, or just whitey whites Ms. Greene?

The left is so friggin pathetic.

Tim_CA on May 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Just for that, if I was Tucker, I would start wearing the bow ties all the time.

Cindy Munford on May 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM

It’s pathetic. The left embraces racism while accusing others of employing the same tactic that they themselves deny using. They get destroyed on the arguments, so they use it as a distraction. This is a perfect illustration of it.

The Count on May 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Take a look at the left’s beloved “disparate impact” concept. Th leftists fashioned laws to specifically benefit people by race, but since they weren’t Constitutional they had to reformulate those laws to identify other characteristics but which were targeted to get at their racial target groups, anyway. Disparate impact, intentionally, in order to circumvent the Constitution.

Then, those same despicable, lying scumbag leftists promoted the concept of “racist disparate impact” in laws that have nothing to do with race and never had any intention of anything to do with race but for which some minorities were not able to objectively perform at the same level as whites or orientals (“asians” is a misnomer, since we are not talking about Afghanis or the like). One of the queens of this idiocy sits on the SCOTUS right now (sadly, put there on an anti-Western, anti-intellectual EMPATHY qualification).

So, leftists game the system to pervert it to their liking and then they turn around and accuse everyone else of doing the same things the left did INTENTIONALLY (disparate impact). Typical projection from the left. Funny how no one ever hears about “disparate impact” with respect to AA or minority set-asides or even the activism on the part of the scumbag leftist judges. And these idiots aren’t laughed out of the room, as they should be.

The left loves to accuse everyone else of exactly what the left are and what the left does. The left couldn’t live without their projection. But any nation that takes such people seriously deserves what it gets for that is a fatally weak and stupid society.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Since it would seem that racism is OK with the left so long as it involves the word ‘white’, does this mean that we can now refer to Zero as a “hoop-shootin’ white boy”? Just wondering…

ghostwalker1 on May 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM

PatriotGal2257 on May 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I think he tried but she was speed filibustering. I still think if was funny that she immediately denied calling him a “name”. Guilty much?

Cindy Munford on May 5, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Can you imagine calling a black man “boy” on TV? This bending over backwards racially has become completely out of hand. It’s time to hold racists of every color to accountability. And it certainly seems that blacks have a lot to account for.

paul1149 on May 5, 2012 at 11:18 AM

speed filibustering

Cindy Munford on May 5, 2012 at 11:18 AM

HA!

ghostwalker1 on May 5, 2012 at 11:19 AM

ghostwalker1 on May 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Well he does wear bow ties.

Oldnuke on May 5, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Despite Jehmu Green’s attempts to belittle Mr. Carlson, and casually casting racial slurs in that effort, the reality is that Elizabeth Warren behaved in a highly unethical manner. What she did, in my opinion, is theft. I’m not referring to the money that she’s made over the course of her career, and I’m not referring to the status she’s enjoyed as a Harvard professor. I’m referring to the theft of opportunity, which is far more grievous and egregious than simply taking someone’s money.

Somewhere, there is a Native American who did not receive those opportunities that Elizabeth Warren enjoyed as a result of checking that box marked “Native American”. Denial of equal opportunity is exactly why the Affirmative Action program was born, and why the EEOC exists; both meant to serve those who had been denied equal opportunity and provide redress and remedy.

That this theft of opportunity should have been perpetrated by an academic, willfully, only makes the calculated theft of opportunity all that much more egregious. Its clear that Elizabeth Warren understood the value of the opportunity that she sought checking that box, and continuing to check that box for 9 years, only stopping when she had reached the pinnacle of her academic career.

That any person would defend this calculated theft of opportunity is shameful. That they should do so and compound their shame by resorting to the casual use of racial slurs in their argument is reprehensible.

thatsafactjack on May 5, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Tucker did call her out on calling him names, not very forcefully though. Did you hear her response? She said “I didn’t call you a name.” It’s just so natural to her just like breathing or eating.

Megyn even apologized for the remark after their break.

poppieseeds on May 5, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I always think her name is Jemima, as in aunt. Anyway, she is one of several reasons why I no longer watch Fox News, so thanks for the clip, Ed. Vile woman.

MustLoveBlogs on May 5, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I was watching this and thought Jehmu was so angry that she was losing control. It was such a rant that I didn’t even hear her comment about the bow tie.

Tucker remained calm and was giggling about Elizabeth Warren which probably made Jehmu even more angry.

Looks like Obama’s campaign to divide the country using resentment, anger, jealousy, and entitlement is working just fine. The race baiters are bound to get more emboldened—fasten your seat belts.

bailey24 on May 5, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Jehmu is a member of the political party that founded the KKK, not once but twice. Racism is just what Democrats do.

WarEagle01 on May 5, 2012 at 11:51 AM

When Zero registered to run in 2008 he checked the special “I’m a complete failure at everything but entitled to be presidentin’” check box.

viking01 on May 5, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I distinctly heard her call him “Honky”.

Did anyone else?

portlandon on May 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Where I live, in south Louisiana, I run across racial checkboxes all the time – on doctor’s paperwork, in job applications, and in local politics, where black councilmen demand that for every needed project in the “white” section of town, the same amount of money must be spent in the “black” section of town, regardless of the actual need for the actual project.

And why is there a “white” and a “black” section of town? There is no official “racist” demarcation, of course, notwithstanding the efforts of the local race-baiters. It’s that the majority of the blacks in my area have chosen not to value their education, which has led to diminished job prospects, which has led to having less money to buy a non-run-down house, which all acts together synergistically to lead to a higher concentration of blacks in run-down parts of town.

This is not racism – it’s the results of participation, or lack thereof, in the local ecomony as a productive worker worth paying the money it takes to buy a non-run-down house.

The racial checkbox is offensive to me. We are all given equal rights as Americans. I applied for some legal assistance recently, based upon economic need, and I left the “RACE” line blank. It should not have mattered. I am waiting to see whether I will be rejected, based on my refusal to participate in the “skin” game.

cane_loader on May 5, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Family legend has it that I am part Cherokee, though I have never taken the time to investigate it. I believe the number floated around is 1/32 (a great-great-great grandparent), just like Warren.

I can’t believe I’ve missed out on all the free stuff.

cane_loader on May 5, 2012 at 12:01 PM

So if I show the ca. 1900 photo of my great-great-grandmother, who was rumored to have a Cherokee parent and defintely has the prominent cheekbones discussed in the Warren case, can I show a photo of how I inherited those cheekbones and get free money?

cane_loader on May 5, 2012 at 12:06 PM

poppieseeds on May 5, 2012 at 11:36 AM

She reminded me of my kids between the ages of 6 to 10.

Cindy Munford on May 5, 2012 at 12:10 PM

If she had called me a cracker I would have called her a fish eyed fool. Chump!

Isn’t it wonderful how “Democrat strategists” have raised the Hwhite House decorum standard to something between the virtues of Tawana Brawley and Crystal Mangum?

viking01 on May 5, 2012 at 12:14 PM

“You’re a doo-doo, ca-ca, poo-poo head and I’m telling my mommy!” Jemru is just another reminder of where the racism lies in our society.

LizardLips on May 5, 2012 at 12:17 PM

she won the teaching award

As if universities hire their professors based on their ability to teach.

agmartin on May 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM

viking01 on May 5, 2012 at 12:14 PM

That started on the very first day of Barky the Dog-Eater’s illegal tenure with his benediction prayer at the inauguration in which the idiot Joseph Lowery pleaded with America,

“Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when [...] white will embrace what is right.”

This retard then got the Precedential Medal of Freedom (LOL) for his outstandingly stupid and wildly incorrect bigotry.

These people are the lowest form of human existence.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 5, 2012 at 12:19 PM

This Jehmu Green person seems to have self control issues.

Wonder how she reacts in a ‘Burger King’ if she gets shorted a bag of fries??

BigSven on May 5, 2012 at 12:21 PM

She does vaguely look like an American Indian. I can see how she had one as a remote ancestor.

Paul-Cincy on May 5, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Elizabeth Warren? Looks like an extra from the set of little house on the prairie. I don’t remember the Ingnalls looking like or being of Cherokee descent :)

Dr Evil on May 5, 2012 at 12:24 PM

she won the teaching award

As if universities hire their professors based on their ability to teach.

agmartin on May 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Yep. You can always tell when someone knows absolutely nothing about academia when they think that the job of a professor (at a serious institution, which Harvard used to be) is teaching.

Shamu and her ilk have no clue as to how truly stupid they sound, which is just a consequence of being that stupid …

It’s almost as bad as the guy on Hannity who spoke about how he had to pay for grad school. You generally only have to pay for grad school if they really don’t want you or if you are working in a totally worthless field.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 5, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I distinctly heard her call him “Honky”.

Did anyone else?

portlandon on May 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM

A fine job of Dowderisation. Now that you mention it, I heard her call him a “honky,” too. Anyone else?

Resist We Much on May 5, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Wow. I didn’t even hit strike. Sorry.

distinctly heard her call him “Honky”.

Did anyone else?

portlandon on May 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Resist We Much on May 5, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Had Carlson tossed out a dismissive insult based on Green’s skin color on the air, his career would be over, and everyone knows it. I doubt the same thing will happen to Green, and that’s the kind of bias that isn’t funny at all.

Dr. King turns screaming painfully in his grave. He stood for a grand idea and the idealism of true equality and the result is this, and it’s just the beginning.

Where are the leftie hypocrits? Where are the true clowns of HA?

Fox is now Faux, and don’t ever believe otherwise.

She is but one of the idiots that were hired, lately, strictly for skin color or sex, or sexual orientation. All are equally moronic, incl. KP, who most of the time is an utter idiot, even if she occaasionally writes an article against her own moronic creed.

Whites deserve what they have coming because they have become sheep, at best.

Schadenfreude on May 5, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Anyone else?

Resist We Much on May 5, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I third the motion.

Also, in all of it, Tucker Carlson remained the gentleman and she is a black Fluke.

Schadenfreude on May 5, 2012 at 12:33 PM

FNC needs to do a lot better than Greene. She’s weak tea, at best. All she has to say, aside from the slurs and thinly veiled hate speech, is Dem talking points.

petefrt on May 5, 2012 at 12:34 PM

What a bigot. I just sent fox news an email indicating I won’t watch the network again until she is fired. And they better not make it a secret.

newsmanager@foxnews.com

filetandrelease on May 5, 2012 at 12:36 PM

To be fair, not really worse than Typical White Person.

TexasDan on May 5, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Wow. The woman is an overt anti white racist and they let it slide? They were probably in shock. Jehmu Green thinks what she said is perfectly ok.

dogsoldier on May 5, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Cindy Munford on May 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Roger Kimball says bow ties make them crazy, and that is why he wears them.

Cindy Munford on May 5, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I happened to catch it live. It was clear to me that Jehmu was losing it because Tucker and Megyn were laughing at Warren and mocking her preposterous claim of minority status. Jehmu just couldn’t handle it, and nobody realized that she was about to blow up. Tucker did start to respond, but she just talked over him loudly. I think she was afraid to let him speak, at that point, and call her out. She knew the instant she said it that she had crossed a line. (I bet she ran out of the studio after the interview.) He did manage to object to “name-calling”, a pretty euphemistic way to describe a racially-charged insult.

But I think the producer was speaking in his ear and asking him not to tee off on Jehmu. Megyn looked a bit baffled, but I don’t understand how she could have failed to miss what Jehmu Greene said. I do think she just couldn’t believe her own ears. I think the producer was just terrified that Tucker would respond in kind, and we can all just imagine how that would have been spun by the Flying Monkey Media. It wouldn’t have mattered to them that Jehmu made the first racist insult.

I know a lot of folks are clamoring for her dismissal, her head (figuratively) on a platter, but I disagree.

I would put her on at every opportunity, and with other guests known for their humor. Let her serve to exemplify the character of the opposition.

novaculus on May 5, 2012 at 12:43 PM

To be fair, not really worse than Typical White Person.

TexasDan on May 5, 2012 at 12:42 PM

That’s very bad also. It’s an admission of judging one by the group and stereotyping, both classic definitions of overt racism. See, my diversity re-education wasn’t wasted.

dogsoldier on May 5, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Beyond the insult, what was she trying to say? That only white boys would question Warren’s “qualifications”?

bernverdnardo1 on May 5, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Make note:

Like President Obama’s revolting “Special Olympics” unforced error insult, this was unprompted. There was no bow tie, which means she has either used this specific phrase enough that it has become part of her vocabulary regarding a general group of white people or, based on her cultural and social circles, she saw no problem with making it up on the spot to toss into a semi-formal and internationally televised interview (and whoa at that if so).

There are no other choices.

rogerb on May 5, 2012 at 12:47 PM

DaveS on May 5, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Her being unknown makes it a bit more interesting, important, and/or substantive than if Samual L. Jackson or the like had said it. Kanye West, Michael Moore, Morgan Freeman, etc. haven’t lived in the real world with normal people for years. This lady probably has, and her circle of friends is likely composed of mostly other black people.

That she would use the phrase while she’s on international television means it’s at the very least acceptable language for her and her friends.

rogerb on May 5, 2012 at 12:50 PM

newsmanager@foxnews.com

filetandrelease on May 5, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Thank you for that link making it easy to send a note. I just demanded her firing.

silvernana on May 5, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Just “one drop of white male blood” makes him trash.

bluesdoc70 on May 5, 2012 at 12:51 PM

rogerb on May 5, 2012 at 12:47 PM

This seems very likely.

dogsoldier on May 5, 2012 at 12:54 PM

filetandrelease on May 5, 2012 at 12:36 PM

I don’t want her to lose her job. Please, more of her and all those like her.

Cindy Munford on May 5, 2012 at 12:57 PM

bernverdnardo1 on May 5, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Makes one wonder if she was hired by caucasian men to teach at Harvard to meet some kind of diversity quota?

Why Harvard Law Took Elizabeth Warren

Dr Evil on May 5, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Judge not based on the color of their skin, but on their bow tying qualifications!

What a MuMu wearin’ black girl……

ProfShadow on May 5, 2012 at 1:02 PM

C’mon. As I hinted in another thread…. Tepee Studies majors always qualify for advanced placement at Harvard.

viking01 on May 5, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Personally, I have no problem with the phrase Shamu used or any slurs against whites, in general. Usually they are just stupid, but I really don’t care what anyone has to say about whites. My self-worth is not dependent on what people I don’t respect think of me, as an individual or as part of a group. I don’t respect them, anyway, so I don’t care what they think or what they say. I only have a problem that it’s a one-way street – the naked hypocrisy and stupidity of the inconsistent and retarded “system” the leftists have managed to force on America. And that is true here at Hotair, too. PC here is as bad as anywhere.

Everybody stereotypes. We couldn’t operate as humans without doing so. That is (generalization/abstraction) how we advance. Some stereotypes are generally true and some are not. It doesn’t matter. It is human to assess groups and their aggregate characteristics.

I’m a “Sticks and Stones” person and have always been. If someone depends on the opinions of someone else for their “self-worth” then they are objectively worthless.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 5, 2012 at 1:03 PM

If. Ms. Warren won Professor of the Year awards at her previous position, why would she need the minority status? Just another example of what is really important and it isn’t education.

Cindy Munford on May 5, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Sez the fat woman in the muumuu.

John the Libertarian on May 5, 2012 at 1:12 PM

viking01 on May 5, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Let’s keep specializing in everything but math, science and being capable of reading.

Cindy Munford on May 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Cindy Munford on May 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Obama’s New Math (Julian Theory):

Moochelle’s Bad Attitude + Baby Daddy = Free Section 8 apartment and more monthly checks.

viking01 on May 5, 2012 at 1:25 PM

The Guy who hired Elizabeth Warren, isn’t wearing a boy tie in this photo.…but he would have been one of the people at Harvard, judging Elizabeth Warren’s qualifications.

So what’s ” Jehmu’s point?”

Dr Evil on May 5, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I wonder when Fox will announce the length of her suspension or whether they will just outright fire her.

Goodale on May 5, 2012 at 1:31 PM

This is from his Wikipedia page “Prof. Charles Fried, McCain advisor, defects to Obama”. Harvard Law Record. 2008-10-16. Retrieved 2008-10-26.

Huh go figure I wonder now that Romney another Harvard graduate is running for President if he will swing back and support Romney?

Dr Evil on May 5, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Cindy Munford on May 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM

That is shocking…shocking I tells ya./

Did you notice how many of those people weren’t available for comment and have retired in the last couple of years?

d1carter on May 5, 2012 at 1:32 PM

I don’t want her to lose her job. Please, more of her and all those like her.

Cindy Munford on May 5, 2012 at 12:57 PM

We need to make her a poster child for the Left and the Democrats.

novaculus on May 5, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Say it loud. I’m a bow tie’n white boy and I’m proud. Well, white boy anyway. Typing “Who is the Green and I don’t want to waste time looking her up” is still more time than I’d want to invest in finding out why Fox might want to give her a platform for this background radiation — but acceptable — hate. Does Fox have to barrel-bottom-scrape just to get lefty guests willing to come on in spite of the stigma attached? Asking why her career isn’t over would seem moot. But it’s not really. All it takes is for enough right-thinking people of any race (even 1/32 Indian) to get in the face of whoever employs her — unless, of course, she’s elected from some specially race-based, jerrymandered urban district, or DC. Then forget it. It has only come to this because of decades of race mongering, Sharpton-Jackson conditioning in the institutions, corporations and media. The heirs to Dr King have squandered the legacy.

curved space on May 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I don’t want her to lose her job. Please, more of her and all those like her.

Cindy Munford on May 5, 2012 at 12:57 PM

We need to make her a poster child for the Left and the Democrats.

novaculus on May 5, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Agreed. Olberdork’s Law.

viking01 on May 5, 2012 at 1:42 PM

she won the teaching award at Harvard two years in a row

So? That is just more evidence of racial advantage. Obama won president of the Harvard Law Review. The guy who came in second was the other non-white student.

Buddahpundit on May 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM

d1carter on May 5, 2012 at 1:32 PM

They get to retire and the D.A. says it isn’t criminal. No wonder no cares about the reputation anymore, totally expendable. I think it is hysterical that the kids at N.C. State found the plagiarism. A little self interest goes a long way.

Cindy Munford on May 5, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Has Fox even addressed this outside of Megan Kelly’s apology? I can’t find anything about it on their site.

blackgriffin on May 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Why is it that liberals smirk every time they try to debate? Do they really have that much contempt for people who disagree with them?

Alibali on May 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM

curved space on May 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Cindy Munford on May 5, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I distinctly heard her call him “Honky”.

Did anyone else?

portlandon on May 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Yes, definitely. I also heard “cracker,” “bubba,” “redneck,” “bitter clinger,” and something that sounded like “Zimmerman.”

AZCoyote on May 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I don’t want her to lose her job. Please, more of her and all those like her.

Cindy Munford on May 5, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I understand your position. But if she were loudly fired it would bring attention to this incident and race hustlers to the defence. I want to see her defended by the usual suspects which would put this story on all the networks.

Not to mention as a southern white male the double standard is getting really really old and it pisses me off.

filetandrelease on May 5, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Fox is stupid. If they had any sense they’d have come back from break and said they don’t condone such racist attacks and that Jehmu would never be invited back, because racists don’t deserve an international forum in which to espouse their idiotic views.

By not doing that, and with Green facing no outrage from anyone, we basically tell the world this sort of racist nonsense is fine, as long as you’re black we’ll look past it over and over and over…and eventually we get idiots like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and this fool.

TheBlueSite on May 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM

The thing is, Warren was handed a golden opportunity to move to the middle and didn’t take it. All she had to say was that it was a joke. How would Brown counter that? By taking up the cause of AA? It would have been a master stroke. I doubt it even occurred to her or her staff. That’s why the Left will lose – no significant new thoughts since the 19th century, only variations on a theme.

edshepp on May 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Still waiting on Tommy Christopher to go ballastic about this blatant racism.

Southernblogger on May 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM

TheBlueSite on May 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM

What he said

filetandrelease on May 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM

she won the teaching award

As if universities hire their professors based on their ability to teach.

agmartin on May 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM

“Everyone knows the old adage: Teach or Perish. That is what academia is all about, you troglodytes!” — Shamu

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 5, 2012 at 2:19 PM

She better not show up on Fox news again.

rubberneck on May 5, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Buddahpundit on May 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Let’s not forget that “President” of the Harvard Law Review was a made-up position anyway, elected by fellow law reviewers instead of selected on merit by faculty like the Editor.

Apparently there was angst over the melanin deficiency of the merit-based choices for Editor, so they resolved the “problem” by having a popularity contest for a made-up position that had no responsibility for work product and therefore required no actual legal research and writing skills. A good thing too, because the Con Law lecturer and smartest man in the room has not produced a lick of actual legal scholarship to date, and his actions as president suggest he neither understands nor respects constitutional limitations on government power in general and executive authority in particular.

novaculus on May 5, 2012 at 2:28 PM

In Southern California…

… when I went to school and filled out applications, it went more like this:

“Are you Hispanic? Yes or No?

“Are you Latino? Yes or No?

“Are you sure you are not Hispanic or Latino? Yes or No?”

“Last chance, are you absolutely positive, than in your family history, that maybe your great-great-great-great grandmother or father wasn’t Hispanic or Latino? Yes or No?

“Given the fact that Hispanics and Latinos have taken over the State of Californis and are in the majority, don’t you want to be a member of the majority? Yes or No?

… and fianlly:

“Do you want to attend this institution and get financial aide? Yes or No? (By checking “Yes” you are confirming that you are Hispanic or Latino)

Seven Percent Solution on May 5, 2012 at 2:32 PM

She better not show up on Fox news again.

rubberneck on May 5, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Fox didn’t get the message. She just showed up on Fox News Watch. I don’t think this is a rerun.

Alabama Infidel on May 5, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Well folks, I just tuned into “News Watch” on Fox and surprise, guess who’s there on the panel?

In all of her racist glory, Ms. Green, smiling away for all to see. But she also has the same outfit on that she did yesterday.

Was this taped?

JPeterman on May 5, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Alabama Infidel on May 5, 2012 at 2:33 PM

She has the same outfit and ear-bobs on that she had on Kelly’s show yesterday.

JPeterman on May 5, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Tucker should have called her a “weave wearing black chick”.

phxconservative on May 5, 2012 at 10:35 AM

This is the same equivalent of what she called him. Certainly it would be a firing offense for Tucker.

Liberals = Hypocrites

scotash on May 5, 2012 at 2:41 PM

filetandrelease on May 5, 2012 at 2:01 PM

It’s been old anytime the last 20 years, we are going to have to agree to disagree. The more this behavior is front and center and pointed out, the better off we are. She is allowed to have these views and to promote them proudly but the fact that she immediately tried to neutralize them speaks volumes. I don’t want anyone feeling sorry for her. They can’t keep getting away with their projection when it is on display.

Cindy Munford on May 5, 2012 at 2:42 PM

JPeterman on May 5, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I do believe that to be a taped program.

Cindy Munford on May 5, 2012 at 2:44 PM

It probably doesn’t have enough staying power but if it did, there could be much fun to be had at the convention with signs and bow ties. Cindy Munford on May 5, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Yes, And white face. But staying power,? You’re right. Not much. Especially now it looks like Fox had her back on. Irony is, if they’d canned her non-bow tie’n arse they’d be picketed.

curved space on May 5, 2012 at 2:48 PM

JPeterman on May 5, 2012 at 2:40 PM

News Watch is taped on Friday and probably before Megyn’s show. What is FNC going to do though?? It would be used against them to somehow prove their racism if they fired her. They might give her a little time off, but they wont make any noise. I might be wrong ha ha.

Southernblogger on May 5, 2012 at 2:49 PM

The whole time I have watched FNC, that is the first time I can recall ever seeing an employee saying anything racist, and it was racist in a “I hate white people” way.

Southernblogger on May 5, 2012 at 2:53 PM

In Southern California…

… when I went to school and filled out applications, it went more like this:

“Are you Hispanic? Yes or No?
“Are you Latino? Yes or No?

“Are you sure you are not Hispanic or Latino? Yes or No?”

Seven Percent Solution on May 5, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Obama made sure the census looked like this too. I remember it had two different areas on it asking about being Hispanic/Latino.

scotash on May 5, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Southernblogger on May 5, 2012 at 2:53 PM

The funny thing, is that if you talk to a Lefty they will swear that people on Fox express their hate for people of color all the time. They can’t give you specifics but they know it is so. I obviously have a weird view of this incident because I loved it and I think Fox handled it great. If she were to make a habit of it then she would get her own show on MSNCB so either she has to decide to act like a normal person (bird in the hand Fox job) or shot for crazy (and possible more money).

Cindy Munford on May 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM

MSNBC (White) Anchor to call Jehmu’s comment “code for racism” in 3…2…1…NEVER!”

Strike Hornet on May 5, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Say it loud. I’m a bow tie’n white boy and I’m proud. Well, white boy anyway…

curved space on May 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Cindy Munford on May 5, 2012 at 1:51 PM

T-shirts. Bumper stickers.

The phrase “bow-tie’n white boy” should be a common form of self-reference for all melanin deficient males. The phrase and the woman who popularized it should become cultural touchpoints. If the phrase becomes commonplace, so will the underlying insight into the minds of these people become commonplace. And that is good.

Not to mention that rubbing their noses in their own poo is fun.

Make Green and her fellow travelers deal with it long term.

novaculus on May 5, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Southernblogger on May 5, 2012 at 2:53 PM

So, you haven’t seen Sharpton make one of his appearances on O’Reilly?

novaculus on May 5, 2012 at 3:08 PM

novaculus on May 5, 2012 at 3:05 PM

The Left is getting too cocky for its’ own good, I foresee a huge uptick in the t-shirt/bumper sticker market. I hope Ms. Green didn’t have the forethought to trademark that little gem.

Cindy Munford on May 5, 2012 at 3:08 PM

novaculus on May 5, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Ooops. I didn’t catch the “employee” qualifier.

novaculus on May 5, 2012 at 3:09 PM

The sad thing about this is that the “tolerant” “inclusives” among us will insist wholeheartedly that it doesn’t matter because she can’t help it since she is 1. black and 2. a woman.

Talk about your bigotry of low expectations.

Lily on May 5, 2012 at 3:10 PM