Great news: New EEOC checkbox category emerges

posted at 9:16 am on May 5, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Hey, I tried to anticipate the next expansion in ethnic categorization yesterday with my proposal for recognition of left-handed Finns as a protected minority, but that obviously doesn’t have the same ring to it as Jehmu Green’s contribution in this clip.  Last night, the Democratic strategist paired off with The Daily Caller’s Tucker Carlson over the controversy surrounding Elizabeth Warren and her claims to Native American heritage, and Green dismissed Carlson as nothing more than a “bow tie’n white boy”:

CARLSON: It was unfair when it happened under segregation, it’s unfair now. Indeed, it’s indefensible and that’s why she doesn’t want to talk about this, because she did gain material advantage by lying about her ethnic background. And no one should gain advantage because of his ethnic background, period.

GREENE: Tucker! Tucker! Elizabeth Warren has been very clear that she has not gained advantage…

CARLSON: No she has not been clear.

GREENE: And at the end of the day, she won the teaching award at Harvard two years in a row, she won teaching awards at the University of Pennsylvania, at the University of Michigan, at the University of Houston. To question this woman on her qualifications is going to be something that does appeal to…folks like you, voters like you, bow tie’n white boys, but at the end of the day it is going to backfire…

The most humorous part of this exchange takes place just after this, when Carlson scolds Green for name-calling, and she says, “I didn’t call you a name!”  After the break, Megyn Kelly conferred with producers and apologized on the air to Carlson for Green’s slam, which can only be called …. racist.  Had Carlson tossed out a dismissive insult based on Green’s skin color on the air, his career would be over, and everyone knows it.  I doubt the same thing will happen to Green, and that’s the kind of bias that isn’t funny at all.

For the record, though, Warren’s qualifications for her post at Harvard are open to question, as Paul Bedard noted this week:

That “box checking,” as critics call it, likely played a role in her Harvard hiring especially when her background is compared to those of the other near-100 Harvard Law School professors and assistant professors, according to an analysis of law schools the professors attended. Most graduated from Harvard, and all from the nation’s top 10. Warren graduated from Rutgers University in Newark, ranked 82nd by Top-Law-Schools.com.

What’s more, only Rutgers has current law school professors who graduated from Rutgers. And in the analysis of the law school degrees of the roughly 350 Ivy League law school professors provided by a Warren critic, only one graduated from a lower-ranked law school than Warren, a Yale professor who attended the University of Nebraska Law School, ranked 89.

Did she get hired only on the basis of that checkbox?  Perhaps or perhaps not, but it’s no secret that Harvard itself saw that as a marketing asset; they didn’t put her on a list to brag about hiring people from law schools that ranked only in the 80s, or having faculty with “high cheekbones.”  That’s the problem with affirmative action; it calls into question hiring and placement motivations, even when those questions would otherwise be unfair.  It’s a great argument for ending the practice.  If we want to put our efforts into equal opportunity, we should start by fixing primary education with school choice and competition, especially in our urban centers, where we usually find our worst-performing schools.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

its amazing how the left has fully embraced the notion of race as a defining characteristic.

rob verdi on May 5, 2012 at 9:21 AM

The New Civility.

BigGator5 on May 5, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Can we add a “cute, short Italians” box? My daughter could use a leg up on college admissions next year.

dirtseller on May 5, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Jehmu? WTH kinda name is that? Another moron from the left with the smarter-than-you-white-boy attitude. Spare me. J.E.H.M.U.!

sicoit on May 5, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I don’t get it. He clearly isn’t wearing a bow tie.

Dextrous on May 5, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Let’s be charitable here. When the applications came in, the ones with the box checked were put in one pile and the ones without it checked were in another pile. So now, instead of competing in a broad category, she’s competing in a more specialized category and she wants to claim she didn’t do that for an advantage?

What surprises me is how Jehmu Green can go out there and defend this. There are only so many minority slots open and, whether intential or not, Elizabeth Warren has no problem feeling she was entitled to one of them. Elizabeth Warren had no problem finding a way to be entitled and looking like one of the top tier, in one category, versus just another middle of the road candidate in another. Elizabeth Warren should be ashamed of herself and the lies shes perpetrated to make this appear palatable. This is what affirmative action has become, not what it was meant to be.

I wonder where the others, who were competing against Warren, ended up. I wonder which one of them would have been accepted at Harvard, if Warren wasn’t part of the competition. That’s the person I’d like to interview.

bflat879 on May 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I hate filling out forms with all those personal questions. They now have a disclaimer stating that they are being collected for the govt. If I have a choice, I leave it blank. btw: If someone called Juan Williams a boy with or without a bowtie on the air, you know darned well all he!! would break loose all the way from Rev. Al to the oval office.

Kissmygrits on May 5, 2012 at 9:30 AM

C’mon Tucker, don’t let that racism slide. I’d have called her out dead to rights. “That’s racist hate speech and I don’t have to sit here and listen to it, bigot!”

See her respond to that. Make them play by their own rules.

Pattosensei on May 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Racism is codified and institutionalized under the Collective.

And MANDATED under the Holder Department of Racial Justice.

One of many reasons Obama has to go.

Ragspierre on May 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM

We the bow tie’n white boys need to Unite and get us our reparations.

… P.S we will also take any mixed Spanish and White who get labeled White when they commit a crime, we might be bow tie’n White/Spanish boys but we understand diversity.

cmptrnerd on May 5, 2012 at 9:33 AM

As long as liberals are comfortable pointing out someone is only a “white boy” on national TV–for the purpose of neutralizing their point of view–things can conceivably get fairly ugly between now and November.

perroviejo on May 5, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Shamu Greene gets on my last nerve, she preaches the socialist democrat talking points religiously and touts the evils of the “rich” people and Republicans/conservatives specifically all the while making a fortune speaking all over the country at paid events. I was fricking livid when The Indiana Association of Realtors paid her to be a key note speaker last year at our 2011 IAR Legislative Conference. She’s a freaking socialist and plays the race card constantly and has no business lecturing anybody on anything.

Tim Zank on May 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Had Carlson tossed out a dismissive insult based on Green’s skin color on the air, his career would be over, and everyone knows it. I doubt the same thing will happen to Green, and that’s the kind of bias that isn’t funny at all.

Yes. Racism by whites would be (very correctly) harshly punished. Carlson needs to demand an apology, not from Kelly, but from Greene. And a suspension of Greene from being a Fox news contributor would be a good message too.

This thinking by “racists of color” that they can just get away with tossing racial slurs with no consequences whatsoever need to END. Equal treatment for racists, across the board.

inviolet on May 5, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Green should be gone for a derogatory, demeaning and racist attack on ” bow tie boy” but…..move along nothing to see here.

tim c on May 5, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Ms. Green should be dismissed as a Fox contributor as a result of this obvious racist insult… And the fact that simply tries to smile her way through the lies she purveys on a regular basis.

Droopy on May 5, 2012 at 9:36 AM

He could’ve said he got rid of the bow tie a few years ago. What, only Nation of Islam members are allowed to wear bow ties? I hate it when I can’t gather racial insults properly.

Paul-Cincy on May 5, 2012 at 9:36 AM

When she checked the box she was asking for racial preference. Whether she got it or not is irrelevant.

myiq2xu on May 5, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I would rather listen to Tavis Smiley and Cornel West than this Jehmu Green.

I may not agree with Smiley or West the majority of the time, but they can formulate a view point, and a constructive argument. I have always thought the purpose of having Green on air was to make the other person look especially intelligent, because she’s not intelligent at all. If Green simply stated that Warren used poor judgement, and she should just own up to it, the story would be over.

Earth to Jehma – Elizabeth Warren is not now nor has she ever been a minority.

Warren should put the shovel down – she’s letting her ego get in the way. If Green isn’t smart enough to figure out you can’t defend the indefensible, she should STFU.

Dr Evil on May 5, 2012 at 9:37 AM

People who’s ideology is individual freedom can’t tolerate racism or slavery, it takes a belief that the individual can be sacrificed for the the good of the group to do that.

For libs it sounds so acceptable, even noble they don’t get that the result is tyranny, oppression and life in chains.

Speakup on May 5, 2012 at 9:38 AM

rob verdi on May 5, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Race has little, if anything to do with character, but it is one defining characteristic — for little-minded people.

unclesmrgol on May 5, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I guarantee you Jehmu only got hired because of her skin color. Affirmative action is the only way someone with such a low IQ got hired as a commentator. Fox News made a huge mistake hiring such a moron! Fox is bending over backward to get lefties on their programs and this is what they get…sad.

Doomsday on May 5, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Bow tie’n white boys are in good company!

KS Rex on May 5, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Why did Megyn Kelly have to apologize for something the big fat and black lady said?

BobMbx on May 5, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I hope this is the last time this nasty critter will be on Fox! There is no reason for her statement, NONE! Unless she just wanted to plow up snakes to see if she could get away with her statement?
L

letget on May 5, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Another glaring example of reverse racism that will amount to….what? We can show this as many places and in as many ways as new media can. Are the masses listening? Are we nearing the tipping point yet?

Sorry, I’m still really missing Andrew Breitbart.

parteagirl on May 5, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Jehmu Green isn’t an American Indian so why was she on air defending Elizabeth Warren, claiming minority status as a Cherokee Indian, in the first place?

Why not have on a real card carrying member of the Cherokee Nation to weigh in on Elizabeth Warren’s claim?

I really don’t care if Jehmu feels white folks should be able to claim minority status when it suit’s their career ambitions.

Dr Evil on May 5, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Saw this live and couldn’t believe Tucker didn’t shout her down
for the namecalling.If the Jehmu is ever invited to participate on
another Fox show,I plan to let that show know they are making a HUGE mistake.She clearly is not fit to defend anyones position(even her own).And to spew talking points without rational thought
is quite the joke.
Jehmu wasn’t even listening to what Tucker had to say,similar to other liberals I know.

Neal4007 on May 5, 2012 at 9:42 AM

The main theme Jehmu Green was trying to push was: If you criticize a woman’s credentials or qualifications for the position then more women will vote for her….
Yeah, sure, Jehmu,
talk to Sarah Palin about that…
And in the Democrat world Hillary Clinton in 2008…

albill on May 5, 2012 at 9:43 AM

She will get away with this just as that other racist Donna Brazile got away with her “white boys” comment a few years ago. Until the media gets some cojones and forcefully call out this crap it’s never going to end.

50sGuy on May 5, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Ms. Greene does not think that honesty, integrity and ethics are necessary qualifications to be a professor at Harvard…

It speaks to the moral relativism that is pervasive in the academic community today.

It is time for Americans to rethink what is important in our lives, and get rid of those who would bring our country down.

mgh on May 5, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Naw, the next protected category is Jhemu’s own…. Land dwelling whale

Not-a-Marxist on May 5, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Need a bumper sticker. “Bow Tie’n White Boys for Romney”

Mr. Prodigy on May 5, 2012 at 9:45 AM

According to her bio, this dope Green is qualified to be Preezy — community organizer-type stuff & unmerited political appointments. No hint of real experience. Just an entitled complainer, mainly.

KS Rex on May 5, 2012 at 9:48 AM

I don’t have cable so I don’t watch FOX, but my question is WHY is Fox hiring lefties? To look balanced? Even if they presented themselves 100% conservative, it wouldn’t begin to balance the media landscape!

This is why I can’t listen to Sean Hannity on the radio. He gives way too much time to the voices on the left. I know, it’s educational. But I get so tired of it, I end up turning it off.

parteagirl on May 5, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Bow Ties=Chevrolet?

Neal4007 on May 5, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Doomsday on May 5, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I think it’s great.
Giving those folks a soapbox isn’t going to convince anyone they are right….it just exposes them for what they are. If I had the power, I’d have Maxine Waters and Sheila Jackson Lee on every night. Let the public see what they are really made of. They’re dumb and racist. Skin color is all they’ve got going for them and it doesn’t take long to figure that out.

a capella on May 5, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Jehmu is a racist, straight up. Fox News should cancel her.

Philly on May 5, 2012 at 9:50 AM

As long as liberals are comfortable pointing “allowed/encouraged to point” out someone is only a “white boy” on national TV–for the purpose of neutralizing their point of view–things can conceivably get fairly ugly between now and November.

perroviejo on May 5, 2012 at 9:33 AM

oldfiveanddimer on May 5, 2012 at 9:50 AM

All I know is that this being a Scott Brown – Elizabeth Warren discussion, if that woman was a Brown supporter he would be hounded to apologize for her statement.

Marcus on May 5, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Dr Evil on May 5, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Remember the New England “genealogist” who claimed he had discovered the reference to the Cherokee ancestry of O.C. Sarah Smith, when in reality he had come across the information on a RootsWeb tree and taken it as gospel?

I contacted the owner of that RootsWeb site, who just wrote me back this morning.

I don’t have the actual document which states that
William J. Crawford gave the name of his mother as O.C. Sarah Smith,
a Cherokee Indian. What I do have is a hand written letter from Donald Richardson, a descendent of Jonathan Houston Crawford and O.C. Sarah (possibly Oma/Neoma)

He says: “I found the name O.C Smith on the marriage license of Will Crawford and Martha Long in Logan County Oklahoma Territory. Maybe it was Mary Long.”

And unfortunately, “And with my health is such bad shape I am slow in responding.” I don’t have the return address and it was several years ago.

So not only did the New England “genealogist” lie about finding a primary document, but the secondary source which he took as gospel was in actuality a tertiary source at best. And I guarantee you that the “genealogist” did nothing to verify the accuracy of the information.

Speaking of O.C. Smith, if she were part Cherokee, it almost certainly didn’t come through her (likely) father, Wyatt Smith, who appears to have been Anglo- or German-colonial. The origins of Wyatt’s wife Peggy are less clear, but nothing known of her would immediately suggest Cherokee roots.

steebo77 on May 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Oh crap!!! It just dawned on me. My brother is getting married tonight…so there will be several bow tyin’ white boys there…and at least one bow tyin’ black boy (hoo boy..ima get in trouble for that one ) in the form of the best man.

The bastards tricked me because none were a-bow tyin’ at the rehearsal dinner last night

Should I go?? Will I be a bad person if’n I do?

Damn you bow ties…you’re responsible for all the evil in the world!!!

beedubya on May 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM

It’s time to watch this again. So funny! And cathartic!

parteagirl on May 5, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Sorry, I’m still really missing Andrew Breitbart.

parteagirl on May 5, 2012 at 9:42 AM

He’s all around us. Haven’t you noticed the increased intensity/quickness of pushback against the little donk projects? Mockery and ridicule, aided by the new media,….and facts. He led the way and his followers are picking up the slack. Notice how Drudge is now handling his headlines? Drip, drip, drip.

a capella on May 5, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Is is OK then if someone calls Louie Farrakhan a bow-tyin’ black boy.

I denounce myself..so you all don’t have to

beedubya on May 5, 2012 at 9:57 AM

She does vaguely look like an American Indian. I can see how she had one as a remote ancestor.

Paul-Cincy on May 5, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I’d like to see Jehmu seriously reprimanded by Fox. But first I want to see the new media and conservatives call her out and rake her over the coals for her racism in every form of media there is. I want her to admit that it was a racist comment and that she is sorry. Otherwise, everytime she is introduced she should be introduced as a nonapologetic racist, ie, “And here we have a racist who refuses to apologize for her racist comments, Jehmu Green”. If this were to happen we would probably find out that she doesn’t mind being called a racist.

Charm on May 5, 2012 at 9:57 AM

rob verdi on May 5, 2012 at 9:21 AM

And you can bet your bottom dollar that the Obama campaign will be injecting race into the debate by the end of summer—when his numbers are tanking. So much for Obama’s unification pledges in 2007-08.

Rovin on May 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Shamu Greene is a big fat idiot.

What?

I didn’t say that.

beedubya on May 5, 2012 at 9:58 AM

With extreme prejudice!

But Fox will continue to pay this racist woman.

Alabama Infidel on May 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM

dirtseller on May 5, 2012 at 9:27 AM

How about red-haired Scots ancestry. Or re-haired anything, for that matter.

esr1951 on May 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Jehmu Greene: professional victim…

FNC should come out with a statement to the effect of, “Due to Ms. Greene’s CLEARLY CONDESCENDING AND RACIAL INSULT to another FNC contributor, her association with FNC has been terminated PERMANENTLY.”

If they want to be snarky, a follow up comment could be, “We wish her success at MSNBC.”

Khun Joe on May 5, 2012 at 9:59 AM

What the frail is a…….Jehmu??? Another hyphenated American whose name is letters pulled out of a hat! I don’t know what the JEHM stands for but the U is for fugly.

Long haired country boy on May 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM

MLK would be ashamed at what these liberal progressive racist democrats are doing today. Yet they cannot stand the fact that MLK is actually a Conservative icon these days. Not too difficult to tell which ideology is racist.

NOMOBO on May 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Did I say “bow tie’n white boy” ? I am so sorry. I meant to say crakka-azz-crakka.

Kenosha Kid on May 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM

we really need to reappropriate the words ‘cracker’ and ‘honkey’ – because only a minority of the majority oppressor caucasian population who wear ties wear bow ties .

and the last time i checked one of the “bow tie tie’n black boys” was louis farrakhan.

mittens on May 5, 2012 at 10:03 AM

After having their proverbial back ends handed to them on the contraception “issue” and the dog “issue,” the dems are trying to find something new. They will get their butts handed to them again on this “issue”. I just love watching them just run around in circles chasing their own tails trying to get people to see what it is they are yapping about, only to see it is nothing.

TQM38a on May 5, 2012 at 10:03 AM

See her respond to that. Make them play by their own rules.

Pattosensei on May 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I agree. She should have her racism rubbed in her fat, bloated face every time she appears on TV. But Tucker, like most conservatives, are still just so, so scared of the race hustlers. He should have ROARED down on her and left her weeping in her steaming pile of racist bullshit.

Rational Thought on May 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM

No one believes Green will be criticized for her remarks, let alone censured in any way. Certainly, next time Fox has a need for an opposing opinion, she’ll be invited back.

This has become an unacceptable double-standard, and it’s high time people started addressing it as such. There’s always going to be racial tension in this country as long as we continue to allow different rules to apply to different people. You’re exactly right. Tucker Carlson’s career would have been OVER if he had stooped to racial qualifiers.

Jehmu Green should NOT be invited back on the air at Fox until she publicly apologizes for her racially disparaging words. It’s not good enough for Megyn Kelly to apologize for her.

Murf76 on May 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM

…when I goof around with my darker friends and we start talking about race attitudes, they quip at me being a honkey, cracker, and about white bread…but I’m going to have to ask about this “bow tie’n white boy”….maybe, they are missing something!

KOOLAID2 on May 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM

NOMOBO on May 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM

If his words are to be believed, his shame would go back further than today. It would start with affirmative action. Would he have favored it in some form?

a capella on May 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Murf76 on May 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM

…you can dress some people up…but you can’t take them out!

KOOLAID2 on May 5, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Carlson can’t stand up for himself? Why not call her out on the spot?

katy the mean old lady on May 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Jehmu is disgusting and should not be allowed to air her obvious prejudice against white men on Fox ever again.

Punchenko on May 5, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Carlson can’t stand up for himself? Why not call her out on the spot?

katy the mean old lady on May 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Yep. That, and the followup, would have been the beginning of a truly meaningful dialogue on race relations. Open it up to sunlight. But, he dodged.

a capella on May 5, 2012 at 10:13 AM

If this was the other way around, ANY personal attack from Carlson would have been called Racist.

CARLSON: Hey Jehmu, how is that diet working out for you?

JEHMU: Raaaaaaacist!

FNC: Carlson, LEAVE! and never come back.

Alabama Infidel on May 5, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Who the hell is Jehmu Green? And more importantly, who the hell cares what she says?
(besides the usual race-baiting, leftist, condescending, black suspects)

Not being a fan of Wee Tucker Carlson, Margaret’s boy, I have zero hesitation in calling out that affirmative action spokeswoman, JayMöooö, re: her preferred “ethnic” spokeswoman wannabe, i.e., Lizzy Warren.
The Bureau of Indian Affairs and the Cherokee Nation can always forge the documentation and issue a CDIB card to show that many generations ago, someone snuck an Indian woman into the woodpile. I bet great granny³ was a “Cherokee Princess” too. There’s a lot of them floating around and avoiding Dream Catchers.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on May 5, 2012 at 10:14 AM

O/T….Tiger Woods misses cut for 8th time in his professional career. Guess he can’t compete with those bowtyin’ white boys…..snort.

Long haired country boy on May 5, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Murf76 on May 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM

…you can dress some people up…but you can’t take them out!

KOOLAID2 on May 5, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Even after Kelly’s apology about Jehmu Greene’s ugly remark to Carlson, IF Greene continues on as one of the Leftwing filibusterers on Fox, she’ll also then continue on with her filibustering and ugly name-calling. They should boot her, I agree, but I still can’t believe Fox ever hired her on in the first place because she’s the same racist she’s always been, as she is also an extremely rude person, even IF she’s mastered that fake-broad-smile face that she uses to deliver her awful behavior on broadcasts.

I can’t stand her because she never stops talking and she always talks over others even when they have something to contribute…meanwhile, there’s Jehmu Greene, going on and on and on overspeaking anyone and everyone and she smiles so broadly as she does while doing so because she’s a nasty person.

Can’t stand her “cute little nasties”…but it’s commonplace for the Left.

Same as to several other of these Leftwingers that Fox has now brought on air. Same behaviors, same indecency, same rudeness, same condescension, same ugliness…

Lourdes on May 5, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Carlson can’t stand up for himself? Why not call her out on the spot?

katy the mean old lady on May 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM

…because all the other networks would edit the heck out of the exchange…and HE would be the racist?…it’s FOX NEWS don’t you know!

KOOLAID2 on May 5, 2012 at 10:16 AM

I hate for our side to adopt the hypersensitivity of the Left. So she called him a bow-tyin’ white boy, so what? It’s provocative use of language, and a nice put down. The real injustice, as Ed says, is that Tucker can’t respond in kind. The racial atmosphere we should be striving for is that Tucker responds by calling her a fat colored mama, they both smile at each other, and they get on with it.

bobs1196 on May 5, 2012 at 10:16 AM

inviolet on May 5, 2012 at 9:35 AM

I agree with you, but I think Tucker did exactly the right thing. Called her out on it, called it for what it was, did not let her filibuster. For him to demand an apology would be too much like being a whining leftist.

gxpgxp on May 5, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I wonder if “The Five” will address this.

50sGuy on May 5, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Only one playing the race card is you and your right wing lunatics. All you do is bring race into every equation.

Uppereastside on May 2, 2012 at 12:47 PM

rogerb on May 5, 2012 at 10:19 AM

You’ve dedicated an entire post to something said by someone that nobody has heard of. You sound as ridiculous as the people who were going on about the “aspirin between the knees” guy that nobody had heard of. Why not post about interesting, important,, or substantive things?

DaveS on May 5, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Racism is ugly.

The left should get over it.

DHChron on May 5, 2012 at 10:19 AM

“Call that Cracker a name, why I never did nuffings!”

It is really unbelievable that this is allowed, that a woman can use ethic insults with perfect confidence that no one will EVER fire her for it, but if he had called her a “fat Mammy”, the aftershocks would be felt YEARS from now. Just for a second, imagine he had said that; imagine the articles, the interviews, the references to MLK, the marches, the Lawsuits, the settlement amounts, blogs endlessly saying, “You know, I’m not racist! And what he did was reprehensible and he should be fired, but it was only words……bla….bla…”

She shot that insult with full knowledge that there would be no real fallout from BRA, because the system is rigged in favor of blacks. Affirmative Action, set asides, 1 billion to nonexistent black “farmers”, Section 8, Food Stamps, ETB cards, Black Congressional Caucus, Diversity mandates in Military Officers, in University admissions, in private companies where the real mandate should be the best person for the job. Even Mr. and Ms. Obama is a product of this system.

Whites have let themselves be convinced that it is racist merely to object to dispossession, much less to work for their own interests. Never before has a people been fooled into thinking that there was virtue or nobility in surrendering its heritage, and giving away to others its place in history, in corrupting it’s very system of excellence to please another, only whites have been tricked into thinking that love for their own people is somehow “hatred” of others.

Bulletchaser on May 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM

More of the left’s charming and much-vaunted tolerance on display.

Sleazy hypocrites.

AZCoyote on May 5, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Sometimes a story like this brings a related point to light that we should question. Exactly why does Harvard think only graduates of top ten law schools are fit to teach there? I saw on the most recent US News & World Report listing that the University of Alabama’s law school was ranked, if I recall correctly, 29th. That still means its a damn good law school considering there are what, over 150 accredited institutions. Why is Harvard so damn snobbish that they would think someone who graduated from ‘Bama couldn’t teach Ivy League students a thing or two? How diverse is your damn faculty if every professor went to the same school?

radjah shelduck on May 5, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I agree with you, but I think Tucker did exactly the right thing. Called her out on it, called it for what it was, did not let her filibuster. gxpgxp on May 5, 2012 at 10:17 AM

His problem was in not referring directly to the racist slur, rather than just describing it as “namecalling.” He failed to be sufficiently specific. Had he done that, she would have had to explain her reasons for referring to him like that.

a capella on May 5, 2012 at 10:24 AM

She is a smirking hypocrite. I can’t stand the woman, she overtalks everyone and interrupts and never shuts up. I don’t understand why Lou Dobbs ever lets her on. I have to turn them off every time. So advertisers you are loosing customers when that show is turned off.

Bambi on May 5, 2012 at 10:25 AM

I think Jehmu was trying to draw Tucker into a race-based confrontation and he was wise to avoid it and let her repugnant comment speak for itself.

Perhaps she ascribes to the brain-dead theory that minorities cannot be judged as racist because they are the victims of racism. Hooey.

You’re a hater, Jehmu, and the world witnessed it. When you appear on Fox again – and you will – apologize. You demeaned an entire race. Not cool.

Philly on May 5, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Why not post about interesting, important,, or substantive things?

DaveS on May 5, 2012 at 10:19 AM

I’d say double standards in how race relations are evaluated is pretty important.

a capella on May 5, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Rush had a pretty good quote yesterday….

” You know, if Ward Churchill had a daughter, would she look like Elizabeth Warren?”

repvoter on May 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM

This “JEHMU” creature is so quintessentially liberal it’s enough to make your teeth hurt just looking at her, much less having to listen to her drivel on your TV.
The fact is that all of liberalism is based on a set of boneheaded stereotypes that were dredged up out of the rancid past by Marx and Engels over 160 years ago, so why would anybody be surprised when contemporary liberals blithely bandy them about with such consummate ease. Liberalism IS racism, and so many other moldy “ISM”s that it’s almost to the point that the phrase “Liberal Racist” is an inherent redundancy.
Jehmu is just being who and what she is hired to be….a boneheaded racist. In other words, a liberal!

Lew on May 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM

JULIA — STATIST SLAVE GIRL, with Jemu Green as her hand-maiden.

Mutnodjmet on May 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM

steebo77 on May 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I am betting the media won’t follow up. No one is going to hear that what the New England Genealogist “Claimed” was basically vapor.

I was looking at Neoma’s brother’s descendant’s DNA test, the halo type R1b1a2 is British Isles. It stands to reason that if Neoma was Cherokee so was her brother. This is the YDNA test so it’s carrying their father Wyatt Smith’s DNA.

Indian halo groups are C and Q

But wasn’t that Elizabeth Warren’s explanation for why she believed she had Cherokee ancestry her Grandfather had high cheekbones.

If the Cherokee ancestry is coming from Peggy Unknown Crawford (1794), she still wasn’t necessarily a Cherokee Indian. She simply could have had a Great Great Great Grandma born say (1694) of her own that was of Cherokee descent. There is no way to determine the Cherokee blood quantum of Elizabeth Warren. The only way she would be 1/32nd Cherokee is if Neoma O.C. Smith Crawford was a FULL BLOOD CHEROKEE, and she’s enumerated White on the 1860 Bledsoe Co.,TN., census, there is no way a Full Blood Cherokee is going to pass for White not in the year 1860 in the United States.

Elizabeth Warren had nothing to base her claiming a minority status on, and I am guessing that’s why she stopped checking the box in the 90s.

Dr Evil on May 5, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Tim Zank on May 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Shamu operates at the 3rd grade level, on top of it. Any group that would pay her to speak is a total joke, and that is without taking her retarded politics into account. She’s a laughing stock with an IQ hovering in the 70s.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 5, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Tucker should have called her a “weave wearing black chick”.

phxconservative on May 5, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Bulletchaser on May 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Cue:
♫♪ Hallelujah Chorus ♫♪

Well done, sir Bulletchaser, from a former Bulletstopper.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on May 5, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I meant Neoma O.C. (Smith) Crawford’s birth date 1794, Peggy was probably born in the 1760s. There are a couple of surnames suggested for Peggy, because of two of her children’s middle names are surnames, they look like English surnames to me, but I haven’t looked closely.

They lived in Orange County, North Carolina in 1793 according to records, so that is probably where Neoma O.C. (Smith) Crawford was born abt 1794.

Dr Evil on May 5, 2012 at 10:37 AM

As much as I would like to see her treated like Carlson would have been treated for a simular comment, let’s not be too hasty. If it wasn’t for Al Gore’s Jehmu Green, (Donna Brazile), Gore would have won. Brazile ran around the country talking about how the “White Boys” would not steal this election. She also talked a lot about the “Old White Boys” club. I don’t have any scientific evidence, but I firmly belive she turned off enough voters to swing the very close election to GWB. Think what the Surpreme Court would look like now, if Gore had spent 4 or 8 years as POTUS?

Jehmu, KEEP TALKING! We need you.

Alabama Infidel on May 5, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Jehmu. Jehmu.

Jehmu…

Is that Cherokee?

rogerb on May 5, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I guess this Tucker’s wife keeps his ba!!s in a drawer next to his bed. There is no way this *woman* should have gotten away with this, it makes me sick, but shows how there is a double standard for whites and blacks. It would have been fun to call her out, she said she didn’t call him a name, now that shows how ignorant she really is…………………..

angrymike on May 5, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Carlson can’t stand up for himself? Why not call her out on the spot?

katy the mean old lady on May 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM

IMHO, Tucker was gobsmacked, and did the right thing by only showing that.
Any smack down would have backfired.

pambi on May 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM

To me what we saw was Jehmu Green’s character being revealed under pressure. For the last month or so Mr. Obama (and his minions)has experienced one bad bad week after another. The Supreme Court hearing on Obamacare, GSA, The Supreme Court hearing on the Arizona statute, the war on housewives, the Obama eating dog story, the rising claims for unemployment. Housing prices going down. New home starts going down. Inflation going up.

Then this week on the anniversary of Bin laden being killed by the SEALS seemed to give Obama something to celebrate. Then Obama blew it by gloating in the touchdown dance and spiking the football.Then Obama wanted to celebrate the unemployment number going down, but the reality of how the number was really caused to go down exploded all over the news.

The failures are mounting. The pressure is mounting. Pressure reveals character, or lack of character.

Tucker Carlson was not wearing a bow tie, though in the past he often does wear a bow tie. To me it seems calling him “bow tie’n white boy” probably is what Ms. Green calls him when she and other liberals talk about handling him on these shows. It slipped out at the wrong time. Just like a seeing someone cussing in public when they are mad. She was exposed for just pure racism.

DVPTexFla on May 5, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I watched this live yesterday and Tucker was having so much fun ridiculing Warren and getting the best of Shamu that she was visibly frustrated so she had to go for the personal attack. I’m glad he called her on the name-calling, but I don’t think it really sunk in just how racist it was. My mouth dropped open when she said it, OMG!

JAM on May 5, 2012 at 10:51 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 5, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Have you talked to any liberal democrat voters lately? IQ in the 70′s is a bit generous.

Alabama Infidel on May 5, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Whether Warren actually benefitted from putting Native American as her ethnicity is actually irrelevant.

Her intent was obviously to try and gain an advantage, and that is what makes her a fraud.

WisCon on May 5, 2012 at 10:53 AM

You all must realize that if they ran this clip ran at the Huffinglue Post, the comments section would be a string of people saying “atta girl!” and “well, it’s true”.

It’s pathetic. The left embraces racism while accusing others of employing the same tactic that they themselves deny using. They get destroyed on the arguments, so they use it as a distraction. This is a perfect illustration of it.

Can you imagine if Obama were white? Well, with his resume he wouldn’t have been elected in the first place, but still, he’d be dead man walking this November, if Democrats didn’t primary him out. Hillary would likely be the Democrats nominee. The only reason Obama is even competitive is because of identity politics, and if they were to primary him, they would irreparably harm their standing among blacks for a long time – not worth the gamble.

Democrats use race for advantage in the workplace all the time. It is so powerful, that even when they don’t have that advantage, they use it anyway, like in the case with Warren. It makes you want to hurl.

The Count on May 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM

WOW.

Jehmu Greene spewed a racist epithet.

if Tucker Carlson said, “people like you, black liberal plantation slaves” — he’d have been slammed.

mountainaires on May 5, 2012 at 10:56 AM