Video: Hannity battles with Occupy Wall Street organizer for 10 minutes

posted at 4:06 pm on May 4, 2012 by Allahpundit

Pure fun on a Friday afternoon. You’ll enjoy every minute, I promise. Just one question: Is the “Occupy” guy being completely serious or is he messing with Hannity a little? Pay particular attention at 7:00, when they start talking about all the wonderful things in life that should be free, free, free, and then again at around 9:00 when this tool insists he’s done earning a living by working menial jobs. He seems almost eager to confirm people’s worst suspicions about the attitudes of a young entitled socialist d-bag, which makes me wonder if any part of this is a goof. Then again, maybe I feel that way because it’s the only way I can rationalize the attitude seen here. Normally when someone from a “controversial” group shows up on cable news, they’re keen to shoot down the host’s worst assumptions about them. Not this guy. Points for honesty, I guess.

One other thing. Schultz suggests early in the clip that crime and violence in the “Occupy” camps weren’t committed by the Occupiers themselves but rather by derelicts and other infiltrators whom the NYPD sent down to Zuccotti Park. That’s predictable — they routinely disclaim responsibility for the culture in the camps, sometimes with media help — but there’s some truth to it in this case. The New York Daily News spoke to two drunks last year who claimed cops had found them drinking in public and told them to “take it to Zuccotti.” There was also a hot rumor at the time that the city was deliberately dropping off newly-released prisoners from Riker’s Island at Zuccotti Park to try to intimidate the occupiers out of the space. That appears to have been baseless, but word apparently did get around among Riker’s inmates that there was free food and shelter at the park for those who wanted it. Go figure that a big catered party inside a no-go area for police might attract a degenerate element.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I’m confused…would that be a down twinkles or an up twinkles..?

d1carter on May 4, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Jazz Hands For Dummies

If you can get passed the smell, it should help. :-)

Resist We Much on May 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM

You can’t be this stupid, can you?

Saltysam on May 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Actually you are the stupid one. Stupid to believe a race to the bottom policy is what we need in America.

Good news though, all these pie in the sky policies won’t happen regardless of how many soundbites you get fed from your “Lame Street Media” Faux News.

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM

So .. wait.

This guy thinks that there’s an economically viable solution to giving away basic needs using the model of corporations giving away free goods/services in exchange for “selling” ad space.

But capitalism doesn’t work?

yo on May 4, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Now I know the source of Bill Engvall’s comedy material.

Kingfisher on May 4, 2012 at 5:08 PM

If you can get pasT the smell, it should help. :-)

Sorry.

Resist We Much on May 4, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Who is writing the headlines? Why would anyone use the word battle to describe a slaughter. At the end, the punk didn’t know if he was punched or bored.

Basilsbest on May 4, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Well at least we have a composite of what upperyeastinfection, lester and dbag looks like.

HumpBot Salvation on May 4, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM

You’re a fool.

You understand nothing about economics.

And…

that completely idiotic “one cent an hour” statement of yours, not only shows your utter ignorance, but exposes your complete lack of experience as an adult.

If you are an adult with any experience, you have a serious disability to learn from that experience.

Saltysam on May 4, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Wow.
Evisceration does not even begin to describe what I just witnessed.

The OWS guy actually seems like a decent person. He just doesn’t have a single clue about economics, freedom, self reliance or ambition.

It seems to me (granted, from a very cursory overview) that his parent(s) failed him and certainly his education system failed him. His participation in “Liberalism” has taken that vulnerable foundation and has now completely fooled him.

KMC1 on May 4, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Down twinkles.

Spliff Menendez on May 4, 2012 at 5:19 PM

School of Economics

The Department of Economics offers a broad and critical approach to the study of economics, covering a wide range of schools of thought, including Keynesian and post-Keynesian economics; the classical political economy of Smith, Ricardo, and Marx; structuralist and institutionalist approaches to economics; and neoclassical economics. The courses of study emphasize the historical roots of economic ideas, their application to contemporary economic policy debates, and conflicting explanations and interpretations of economic phenomena, within the context of a rigorous training in the conceptual, mathematical, and statistical modeling techniques that are the common methodological basis of contemporary economic research. The department’s work centers on the changing shape of the world economy, its financial markets and institutions, problems of regulating and guiding economic development in the advanced industrial world and in emerging markets, complexity in economic systems, labor markets, and the economic aspects of class, gender, and ethnic divisions.

Buy Danish on May 4, 2012 at 5:01 PM

These “educators” really think they are brilliant. Brings up the old saying “baffle em with BS”. I read that course description nonsense and just have to shake my head.

arnold ziffel on May 4, 2012 at 5:20 PM

You all can’t wait until non business owners are resulted to making 1 cent an hour. After all, 1 cent an hour is better than nothing an hour right?

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

You’re a disgusting smear merchant. I worked for minimum wage all through my teenage years, and I was proud of the money I made, as opposed to all these entitlement-minded f**kbags like yourself that expected 50 bucks a week from their parents for doing f**king nothing. Then I worked barely-above minimum wage jobs throughout college. Then I spent several months after college finding the job I had been wanting, and now I earn a good wage and live comfortably.

Your worthless, pathetic attempt to paint all right-wingers as slave drivers just because they oppose things like union corruption with government backing, a constantly-raising minimum wage that just increases prices and devalues the dollar, and high taxes for business owners that worked their way up from nothing, don’t convince anyone, and serve only to show that you’re a shallow-minded sheep who has been plugged into Democratic dogma like a rabid Scientologist. F**k off, already.

MadisonConservative on May 4, 2012 at 5:21 PM

“Lame Street Media” Faux News.

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM

…closed head injury?
Clinic didn’t diagnose it did they?

KOOLAID2 on May 4, 2012 at 5:22 PM

MadisonConservative on May 4, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I think you’re wasting your time.

The poor little thing is in over its head in a mud puddle.

Saltysam on May 4, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Saltysam on May 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM

It’ll happen inspite of “Faux” News, not because of it.

listens2glenn on May 4, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Wow.
Evisceration does not even begin to describe what I just witnessed.

KMC1 on May 4, 2012 at 5:17 PM

My impression of the guy is that he is not stupid. Somewhere along the line his thinking got really screwed up. If he was my kid, I might try to knock some sense into him – but I know that is not politically correct these days.

TarheelBen on May 4, 2012 at 5:29 PM

“Hit the pavement, find a job, stop whining, stop complaining, stop blaming and get your ass out of bed.”

I guess they all got haircuts, so we don’t get to use that one anymore. :)

Otherwise, pretty much everything that applied to moonbats in the Seventies still applies to this new batch of neo-hippies.

logis on May 4, 2012 at 5:29 PM

After all, 1 cent an hour is better than nothing an hour right?

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

You should know, afterall yours is the party of slavery !

burrata on May 4, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Video: Hannity battles with Occupy Wall Street organizer for 10 minutes

…Hannity had the guy on his radio show. Never watches or listens to the shows he hates. He is an idiot…like the community organizer! Birds of a feather…

KOOLAID2 on May 4, 2012 at 5:32 PM

You can’t be this stupid, can you?

Saltysam

UES is not stupid. It’s mentally ill and angry Hannity exposed what they really stand for.

Hard Right on May 4, 2012 at 5:33 PM

MadisonConservative on May 4, 2012 at 5:21 PM

You just exude class and brilliance…….and such persuasive arguments! Wow. You are just… Teh Man…… :)

KMC1 on May 4, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I can’t wait until there’s no such thing as an “employee”.

Everyone should be their own contractor, or sub-contractor. Period.

Everyone should handle their own tax with-holdings, business expenses, and record keeping.

Even if all you’re doing is selling/supplying your physical labor, you should still be your own individual business manager.

listens2glenn on May 4, 2012 at 5:35 PM

TarheelBen on May 4, 2012 at 5:29 PM

That’s pretty much the definition of the word “stupid.”

He’s not drooling of the mouth, and he doesn’t have a speech impediment, so he doesn’t qualify for the courtesy due someone who is clinically retarded.

But “stupid?” Sure; among a great many other mental deficiencies, he more than qualifies under that heading.

logis on May 4, 2012 at 5:36 PM

TarheelBen on May 4, 2012 at 5:29 PM

The more I think about it, the more I believe if we could get an idea about his family structure, it would explain a lot.

I kind of feel bad for the guy. I think he’s got a long, tough road in front of himself.

KMC1 on May 4, 2012 at 5:36 PM

He is expecting to get paid 80,000 a year, wants free health care, free dental, free education & free housing. Does he expect that the doctors, dentists, teachers & builders are all going to work for free. Who’s going to pay them? The taxpayers? Well maybe he should start providing his services for free.

He’s stuck in the forest and can’t see the trees.

redridinghood on May 4, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Guess what Time Mag said about the Social Security programme in 1939?

“It is an axiom in the insurance business that insurance is not bought but sold. In 1935 Franklin Roosevelt sold Congress and Congress sold the U. S. the Social Security Act, the biggest, most comprehensive, most expensive mass insurance policy ever written. Since then its purchasers, the nation’s taxpayers, have had occasion to read their policy carefully and, if they have detected no outright jokers, their reaction has been such that practically every politician in the U. S. from Franklin Roosevelt down has put revision of Social Security at the top of his must list.”

- “Pie From The Sky,” Time Magasine, 13 February 1939

“Lies” About Social Security and Medicare Pandering Politicians Never Told You

Resist We Much on May 4, 2012 at 5:38 PM

listens2glenn on May 4, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Yeah, that would work….lol

KMC1 on May 4, 2012 at 5:39 PM

fwiw, Here’s Harrison’s LinkedIn profile which includes his resume’.

Buy Danish on May 4, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Hard Right on May 4, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I understand what you are trying to say, but I beg to differ.

It is a loquacious dolt. Words assembled in various forms can be a sign of intelligence, but this one uses words to cover for its dim wit.

Saltysam on May 4, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Also I’d just like to say that Sean Hannity has worked construction, washed dishes, and waited tables.

In case you hadn’t heard him say that about 400,000 times this year.

CorporatePiggy on May 4, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I like Sean, but $hit, give it a rest. I’ve done all that character building work too.

msupertas on May 4, 2012 at 5:42 PM

KMC1 on May 4, 2012 at 5:36 PM

The sense of entitlement of this guy is breathtaking. Where does this come from? Is it the culmination of liberal indoctrination in our education system? In any event, if this is the kind of individual our system is producing, we’re in big trouble.

TarheelBen on May 4, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Oh look, a straw man argument.

Daemonocracy on May 4, 2012 at 5:42 PM

listens2glenn on May 4, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Yeah, that would work….lol

KMC1 on May 4, 2012 at 5:39 PM

It would certainly solve that “non-business owners only making 1 cent an hour” (or any other number) problem.

listens2glenn on May 4, 2012 at 5:45 PM

If you don’t want everyone to have everything for free, that’s just mean.

I remember back when I was 11 wanting a 10 speed bike so bad I could almost taste it. I was thrilled when my dad said I could have one. Then he went on to say that since I wasn’t the only kid in the house, I could have one once I earned my own money to buy it. He would even give me a ride down to Sears to pick one out. I realized how long it would take me to earn $103 at the 50 cents an hour babysitting rate which I then enjoyed and was very sad. And suddenly, I realized I didn’t need a 10 speed all that much.

These kids who have been given everything, including massive debt, have ABSOLUTELY no IDEA that all you have to do to get stuff you want is to go out and get your own money and earn it.

Poor, poor, things.

Lily on May 4, 2012 at 5:46 PM

I remember a kid asking my High School Social Studies teacher what Marx would say to the leaders of the Soviet Union (c. 1986) if he were to meet them face to face. Mr. Yenter said that Marx would tell them to hold out their hands. He’d inspect their hands and ask “Where are the calluses? Where are the blisters from the labor that you must be doing as a member of a Communist state?”

This kid (I call him that despite his chronological age) would, I think, feel right at home along side of those leaders. Imagine, a Communist who thinks he’s too good for manual labor.

Get rid of the Hammer and Sickle. It’s apparently the age of the mouse and iPod Commie.

Behold the modern Communist Tool.

29Victor on May 4, 2012 at 5:49 PM

listens2glenn on May 4, 2012 at 5:35 PM

You are spot on, L2G.

Problem with too many people today is their obliviousness toward understanding that when taking on employment, you are entering into a business arrangement…a contract…a mutually beneficial agreement.

Saltysam on May 4, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

You can’t be this stupid, can you?

Saltysam on May 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM

He can, and is. If he didn’t live in Nanny Bloomberg’s daycare, he’d be eating his own shitty diaper.

msupertas on May 4, 2012 at 5:50 PM

My favorite Occupier was the guy who believes in “anarchocommunism”, as if those two things put together don’t constitute the mother of all oxymorons. They really don’t get how anarchy and communism don’t go together like peanut butter and chocolate. Ignorant children.

totherightofthem on May 4, 2012 at 5:54 PM

uture indoctrinator at the college level. Pray for our kids.

BacaDog on May 4, 2012 at 4:25 PM

I don’t know what sociology majors make in NY, but here, in Michigan, where most of them work for our Department of Human Services as case managers, they don’t make near $80k. This kid is delusional. And, arrogant in his delusion.

totherightofthem on May 4, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Upper East Side:

How’s that SBUX prediction of $70 treating you? LOL. Mr. Big Shot investor, making 150% ROI, but can’t afford $300 a month for insurance.

angryed on May 4, 2012 at 5:58 PM

TarheelBen on May 4, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Yes, I believe his attitude is the result of the education system, particularly the “higher education system” which just absolutely breeds that sense of entitlement and elitism.

And yes, we are most definitely in trouble. We’re just now waking up to the fact that the communists have taken over the media, the education systems and most of the political system. They have momentum and demographics on their side, while those of us who are funding the overthrow of American society and the collapse of the American dream just go on working like animals, instead of having kids and truly participating in our communities.

When’s the last time 90% of us even attended a town hall meeting?? How many of us are “too busy” to bother running for Office in our own towns???

We have dark days ahead my friends.

KMC1 on May 4, 2012 at 5:58 PM

He’s stuck in the forest and can’t see the trees.

redridinghood on May 4, 2012 at 5:37 PM

I don’t know. I might be old-fashioned, but my gut tells me this kid just needs to grow up. There’s nothing wrong with him that a good beating wouldn’t cure.

TarheelBen on May 4, 2012 at 5:59 PM

I can only tell you what the Lord Himself said to us. I don’t want this to happen, God knows, but I’m not going to water down His Words.

Be glad to send an attached copy of some of what the Lord said about this nation. He has said much to us, beginning in June 1998 and ending in January of this year.

Serious? thepreacherATvol.com

Gordy on May 4, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Moron:

People will make what they’re worth. If their labor is worth 1 cent an hour they will be paid 1 cent. If their labor is worth $1000 an hour, they will be paid $1000.

It’s imbeciles like you who want to pay someone producing $2 of value, $20 to be “fair”. You’d think a bigshot investor such as yourself would understand the basics of labor economics.

angryed on May 4, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I love how mental midgets still cling to using the term “Faux News”. I mean really? All these years and you are all still using that? Get some new material. Spice it up a little. I realize you are all piss poor at debating because you can’t use facts but come on. Try and at least look like you have something intelligent to say other than using the same old tired bumper sticker line.

I am trying to be helpful. The minute you guys use the term “Faux News” you render yourself an amateur. You come across as someone who once read a funny play on words that denigrated a news channel that you hate for simply not blowing your favorite candidate and figured that would help you in a debate. It really doesn’t, it just shows the depths of your thinking.

The Notorious G.O.P on May 4, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I sure hope someone is keeping you in style on the upper east side, because it’s obvious you are too stupid to fend for yourself.

totherightofthem on May 4, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Gordy on May 4, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Gordy, you’re right about ONE thing… this IS a spiritual battle.
I have no doubts.
But, there are open Doors..
2Ch 7:14, for one.
I lovingly suggest that you dio NOT mock His Grace and Mercy by writing us off, as of yet.
He may yet ‘rise with healing’.

pambi on May 4, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Kingfisher on May 4, 2012 at 4:40 PM

For that matter, why should anyone get paid for doing anything? All goods and services should be freely provided. Yeah. Like that could ever happen.

These people really believe mankind can operate without that filthy lucre they themselves seem to desire above all else. I mean, what makes this kid worth $1.00 let alone $80k?

totherightofthem on May 4, 2012 at 6:05 PM

We have dark days ahead my friends.

KMC1 on May 4, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Well, I haven’t run for office, but I volunteer with our local tea party group for GOTV efforts. I’ll be doing that this coming Tuesday for our primary, and on November 6th.

I’ve believed for a long time that we are funding our own demise, but just to hear it from that young man’s mouth is amazing.

I don’t really think it’s communism we’re facing. Communism was always about a workers revolution, and these people don’t believe in work! What I think we’re seeing is some form of radical Utopianism, that believes in total redistribution of the wealth.

TarheelBen on May 4, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I love how mental midgets still cling to using the term “Faux News”.

Speaking of “Faux,” I understand that Faux-cahontas Warren is, indeed, the laughingstock of Boston.

Resist We Much on May 4, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Gordy on May 4, 2012 at 5:59 PM

That ‘link’ didn’t bring up anything useful in Google search.
And I, too, have Words I’d send you, if I could.
:-)

pambi on May 4, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Gordy on May 4, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Oh, I just realized what you were doing, there… LOL.
I just might contact you… ya just never know ! :-)

pambi on May 4, 2012 at 6:13 PM

The Dept. of Education failed this guy.

tetriskid on May 4, 2012 at 6:17 PM

totherightofthem on May 4, 2012 at 6:05 PM

lol I can actually provide you with an OWS answer to that one. Ran across it the other day.
Get ready to be charmed…. :D

Priceless video. The one kid seems to believe we’re like bees or something, with an inclination to “naturally coalesce into groups to produce things”. Things like big screen TVs, I guess. lol
By the end of the video the other one has accidentally arrived at capitalism. Well, sort of.

I do wish Hannity had spent a bit more time asking the rocket scientist he had on where all these goods and services are supposed to come from. He had him on the radio again this afternoon and I was just waiting for him to push the point that if everybody has everything provided to them, why would they ever get up off the couch?

Murf76 on May 4, 2012 at 6:19 PM

totherightofthem on May 4, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Get ready to be charmed…. :D

(I have GOT to start previewing before I post.)

Murf76 on May 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Helpless occupiers need help from concerned angels. Great take on the ads seeking money for orphans and abandonded pets.

totherightofthem on May 4, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Not “take”, but “play” on ads.

totherightofthem on May 4, 2012 at 6:22 PM

The Dept. of Education failed this guy.

tetriskid on May 4, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Actually this guy is the poster child for the Dept of Education. A brainwashed, useful idiot. It’s what the NEA has been doing for the past 40 years.

angryed on May 4, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM

So you want higher pay regardless what you produce? Who cares what someone does, give them free home/healthcare/travel/car/gas/everything.

Can I point out that mathematics is still real?

To consume more than you produce someone else must produce more than they consume. A simple corollary of “nothing is free” that might make more sense. Currently your pay is set based on the value you provide to your company… if you disagree with the arrangement you can take your value to someone else. Or start your own company as you see fit.

But apparently this is unfair and we must reward people beyond the value they add? And force everyone else to do the same?

Trying to set the rules up so everyone gets more than they give is obviously doomed to failure by anyone versed in math, or logic, or even just common sense.

But feel free to make your point… when everyone is taking more than they give, how do you get the stuff that they’ll take? Perhaps you can disprove logic, mathematics, and common sense with your brilliance.

gekkobear on May 4, 2012 at 6:25 PM

His parents must be so proud…

…and if they truly are, then shame on them!!!

ladyingray on May 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Murf76 on May 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Good Lord, but these people are lame. The African American dude on the right could get it, he knows someone has to get paid and someone has to have the resources to produce, but that’s as far as he goes. I weep.

Someone mentioned economies of scale to these bozos and they decided to run with the concept and apply it to the notion communal production for nothing.

Gene Roddenberry and Star Trek, you did a lot of damage in your day.

totherightofthem on May 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM

They’re part of the 99%, aren’t they?

malclave on May 4, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Future indoctrinator at the college level. Pray for our kids.

BacaDog on May 4, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Pray for our nation.

redridinghood on May 4, 2012 at 6:36 PM

This twenty nine year old is a parasite probably lived in Mom and Dad’s cellar used every facility in the house including the refrigerator and borrowed Dad’s car when he was out of gas. No wonder this creep thinks he should be cared for by someone other than himself he never was on his own.

mixplix on May 4, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Gene Roddenberry and Star Trek, you did a lot of damage in your day.

totherightofthem on May 4, 2012 at 6:30 PM

The way these people think is closer to Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland. I don’t know man – how deep does the rabbit hole go with these people?

TarheelBen on May 4, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

After the govermnment is done taking taxes to pay for all the “free” stuff, that’s what’s left.

I had the dubious pleasure of watching this live and it brought to mind a quote from Ruthless People which was something like “I think we are dealing with the stupidest person on earth.”

He expects health care, education, food, transportation, etc. to be free. Does this mean he expects doctors and nurses and drug makers and device makers and farmers and bus drivers and teachers to work for free? Are cars to be free? Does that mean the people who make cars work for free? Is gas to be free? Are the people working the oil rigs not to be paid? Are the Saudis just going to give us gas because they are nice people

Does he expect to be paid for his work? What noble work does he intend to do that is worth paying if all of these other jobs are not?

Where did he get his undergraduate degree? What was it in? Where is he enrolled in graduate school? What is his major?

Isn’t his school totally ashamed to be associated with this idiot? His schools be banned from receiving any further government funds on the basis of miseducation and fraud if this is what they are producing.

talkingpoints on May 4, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Murf76 on May 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Hilarious! These are Uppereastside’s peeps.

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Watch the video.

redridinghood on May 4, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM

The entire world view of Obama and the Democrats and OWS is functionally a race to the bottom. A race to see who can be the least productive and contribute the least to society while being provided for cradle to grave by the labor of others. If you are nauseated by this idiotic approach to life and economics, you better pull that R lever in November because it will only get worse. The national debt is about $53 K per person now. It will be about $74K per person in 4 more years if O gets a second term and continues the current rate of deficit spending. Given that all has to come from federal taxpayers and only about half of Americans pay federal income tax that’s a hefty $148,000 per federal taxpayer. To pay the debt-not current expenses or Social Security or Medicare. Just the debt.

talkingpoints on May 4, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Seemed like a put on.

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 4, 2012 at 7:14 PM

talkingpoints on May 4, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Today on Hannity’s radio show, the kid said that if our society was doing the right thing, there would be no need for money, and all this stuff would “just be there.” Heh. Well, Adam Smith he’s not.

I don’t think you could even call this Communism, which involved a workers revolution. The Commies always glorified workers. I think it’s a form of radical Utopianism, or maybe Alice in Wonderland, where goods and services just drop out of the sky.

TarheelBen on May 4, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Hi, everyone and company:

Pay close attention, parents.

Tell your kids. Have your kids spread the word around. That ‘Gimmee! Gimmee! Gimmee!’ doofus is face and future of the Democrat party!

Jack Deth on May 4, 2012 at 7:26 PM

This was one of the worst “interviews”/”debates” I’ve ever watched. Hannity has no idea how actually convey proper arguments, all he does is yell. He’s under the impression that a feisty argument is more productive than a calm, logical debate. He is not a conservative and is for crony capitalism. There were several times he could have made arguments against the Occupier but failed to, and that only signals to me that he doesn’t believe in the better arguments. (It’s just like Romney won’t say that his healthcare system is protected by the 10th amendment because he doesn’t believe it.)
For example, when the Occupier said that capitalism is to blame for the 16% unemployment, Hannity could have easily said, “that’s not Capitalism’s fault, it’s the government’s! You should be Occupying D.C.! You shouldn’t be blaming a system for not working if it hasn’t been allowed to work!”
The part that killed me was when Hannity kept throwing ideas out for services that should be provided for “free,” it seemed as if Hannity would come back with a killer argument, but lo and behold, he didn’t. All he did was accept it. He should have said “Who will pay for that? There is no such thing as a free lunch!”
AP is right though, the Occupier is a tool. He was not there to argue his view point, just to make a ruckus at Fox News.
Hannity was just terrible as always. In about 4 years of listening to him (I’m 18 and have been following politics for 4 years), he’s never made a coherent, calm argument. It’s a turn off! It frustrates me that he is one of the faces of Conservatism when he is not! (Ditto to O’reilly). They are jokes.

Kaasproav on May 4, 2012 at 7:34 PM

When my husband was 29, he was a husband, father of two, and homeowner with a full-time job. And that was only 11 years ago.

What’s the deal with the perpetual youth of this generation?

Grace_is_sufficient on May 4, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Eye and ear candy for the deranged right wing i guess.

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM

1. Democrat “Vice President” Joe Biden Dodged the Draft the same number of times (5) as “War Criminal” Dick Cheney. He gets a Pass, Cheney doesn’t.

2. Democrat Vice President/President Lyndon Johnson crawled into bed with Halliburton’s KBR wing 5 years before “Wat Criminal” Dick Cheney was even born. And stayed there for decades. Until her death a few years ago, Lady Bird was still on their Board of Directors. They got a Pass, War Criminal Cheney doesn’t.

3. Democrat pResident/Felony Perjurer Bill Clinton gave Halliburton numerous no-bid contracts during his own non-UN-sanctioned War of Choice. He got a Pass, War Criminal Dick Cheney does not.

4. So did O’bama. He gets a Pass, War Criminal Dick Cheney does not.

5. 5 years ago, Koch wannabee George Soros bought $61 million worth of Halliburton. He gets a Pass, War Criminal Dick Cheney does not.

And you call the Right “deranged”.

F-

Del Dolemonte on May 4, 2012 at 7:40 PM

What’s the deal with the perpetual youth of this generation?

Grace_is_sufficient on May 4, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I’ll say this very slowly:

We. Have. No. Money.

When McDonalds can be picky about who they hire, you KNOW it’s bad.

MelonCollie on May 4, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Dick Cheney is a War Criminal on May 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Yeah, you’re right. al Qaeda’s Favorite Channel, CNN, is so much better.

F-

Del Dolemonte on May 4, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I can’t stand these dirty low-life “occupiers” as much as anyone, but Hannity needs to shut up and listen to the answer when he asks questions. The answer may be ridiculous, but let the guy answer clearly and uninterrupted so he can’t later say, “My words were taken out of context”. Actually that was a pretty hard video to make it through. BTW, the guest was a jackass, literally and figuratively.

pghpat26 on May 4, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Riker’s Island Goon: “That there Schultz kid..has pretty lips.”

KirknBurker on May 4, 2012 at 7:58 PM

You watch – this 29 year old perpetual student WILL get his $80k job from somewhere and then,boo hoo, he’ll maybe figure out that sh!t ain’t free. If Hannity would have stopped having one of his ADHD moments and let the guy talk maybe we would have at least gotten something coherent out of him. It appeared to me that because Hannity wouldn’t let the guy even answer he said stupid arse things just to get something in edgewise. Sean should’ve taken a chill pill before the interview

Alibali on May 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM

I can’t remember the last time I smiled for 9 minutes straight! Moments like this make me want to give Hannity a big hug!

Lothar on May 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM

yeah, like it’s not possible that the cops were actually just being sarcastic or made fun of the idiots…now, if they gave the drunks a ride into the police car to the Zucotti park, that would have been an entirely different matter :)……

jimver on May 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM

No, I don’t think it’s a goof. What I think, this guy had a few ideas and “facts” on his side and he came into this thinking he’d school Hannity. Then he began to realize he couldn’t answer the questions and his talking points didn’t really hold up to scrutiny, trying to cope he went into trope thinking he’d at least come across as clever and smart… and here we see the results. Clearly out of his depth, maybe he should talk to the President about getting a job :D

Ukiah on May 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM

MelonCollie 7:42

That’s a nice point.

I’m apparently in your generation. I always take the ‘quit whining and get off your butt’ approach to people of my (our generation). After all, i have to preach what I practice. That said, it is amazing to me how many people on both sides, who either actively or passively contributed to our current situation, don’t get it. There is enough ‘take responsibility’ to go around, I think.

avgjo on May 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM

God help us all.

JellyToast on May 4, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Alibali on May 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM

like who would give this loser a 80k job, especially after his pathetic performance on Hannity…nobody in their right mind in the private sector would give a guy with such a moocher mentality a job…maybe with the exception of feds, they might hire him in some admin position or paper-pusher, but then again, I doubt that they will pay him 80k for that, unless it’S EPA :-)…

jimver on May 4, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

You can’t be this stupid, can you?

Saltysam on May 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Oh ye of little faith…..

tom on May 4, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Well, he’s cute but, MAN! Stupid as they come. If that was my son, I’d slap him upside the head.

So, if everything is free, dental, medical, how do the dentists and doctors get paid? Oh, wait…

fullogas on May 4, 2012 at 8:50 PM

This guy, mind you “a former intelligence analyst”???? made idiots look Einsteinian…with Hannity, cripes…

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Yeah, for a paperclip factory.

fullogas on May 4, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

ok, you have reached the limit of stupid things to say on one forum…

jimver on May 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM

or better yet, thread….

jimver on May 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Bookmarked under: Democrats/Deadbeats

That bookmark folder is a mile long and growing.

This punk is the quintessential image I have of the typical lazy deadbeat liberal.

Good on Hannity for giving this punk the talk his father should have given him.

BruthaMan on May 4, 2012 at 9:05 PM

this dude must be Ed Schulz’s son :)…

jimver on May 4, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Here’s a true story, I sold a BMW to a Vietnamese immigrant circa 1989. If I recall, he came to America as one of the “boat people” who escaped from Vietnam after the communist takeover. He had been in this country 14 years and he was doing well enough to buy a used three series BMW. Another true story. Around the same time, late 1980s I used to go out with a Korean girl. She was a real estate agent in Southern California driving a brand new Mercedes…She was I believe a first generation American or possibly a native Korean who emigrated with her parents. I don’t remember…She said to me one-time that Americans were too dependent on the government. Ha! That was over twenty years ago and she hit the nail on the head…America is truly the land of opportunity. All one needs is the drive, motivation, and elbow grease…Not everyone can be a millionaire but I’m convinced that we have the best opportunity to make a decent living compared to nearly anywhere else in the world…And yet, Obama and his minions look wistfully on the greatest failure of the twentieth century, communism…It is truly bizarre.

Nozzle on May 4, 2012 at 9:18 PM

What a clueless d-bag. He needs a foot up his ass and to shave off that little vagina he has growing on his face.

Capitalism is failing him? His liberal overlords have failed him. Idiot.

tyketto on May 4, 2012 at 9:24 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on May 4, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Your finest post ever. Honestly my friend. Brilliant.

hawkdriver on May 4, 2012 at 9:27 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on May 4, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Notorious, if I had a dime for every overworn talking point that got thrown about here, I could send an anonymous check to my parents to pay off their mortgage. So kindly stop whining when your side is on the receiving end.

MelonCollie on May 4, 2012 at 9:31 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on May 4, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Your finest post ever. Honestly my friend. Brilliant.

hawkdriver on May 4, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I repeat myself. Well posted.

hawkdriver on May 4, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM

You tell ‘em maaaan. It’s FAUX News and the military industrial complex and Halliburton and Dick Cheney committed war crimes and FAIR SHARE!! FARE SHARE!!

Ampersand on May 4, 2012 at 10:06 PM

like who would give this loser a 80k job

Haven’t spent much time on campus in the last forty years, have you?

This guy’s tenure-track ticket just got punched.

MidniteRambler on May 4, 2012 at 10:12 PM