Video: Hannity battles with Occupy Wall Street organizer for 10 minutes

posted at 4:06 pm on May 4, 2012 by Allahpundit

Pure fun on a Friday afternoon. You’ll enjoy every minute, I promise. Just one question: Is the “Occupy” guy being completely serious or is he messing with Hannity a little? Pay particular attention at 7:00, when they start talking about all the wonderful things in life that should be free, free, free, and then again at around 9:00 when this tool insists he’s done earning a living by working menial jobs. He seems almost eager to confirm people’s worst suspicions about the attitudes of a young entitled socialist d-bag, which makes me wonder if any part of this is a goof. Then again, maybe I feel that way because it’s the only way I can rationalize the attitude seen here. Normally when someone from a “controversial” group shows up on cable news, they’re keen to shoot down the host’s worst assumptions about them. Not this guy. Points for honesty, I guess.

One other thing. Schultz suggests early in the clip that crime and violence in the “Occupy” camps weren’t committed by the Occupiers themselves but rather by derelicts and other infiltrators whom the NYPD sent down to Zuccotti Park. That’s predictable — they routinely disclaim responsibility for the culture in the camps, sometimes with media help — but there’s some truth to it in this case. The New York Daily News spoke to two drunks last year who claimed cops had found them drinking in public and told them to “take it to Zuccotti.” There was also a hot rumor at the time that the city was deliberately dropping off newly-released prisoners from Riker’s Island at Zuccotti Park to try to intimidate the occupiers out of the space. That appears to have been baseless, but word apparently did get around among Riker’s inmates that there was free food and shelter at the park for those who wanted it. Go figure that a big catered party inside a no-go area for police might attract a degenerate element.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Loved it.

Fish on May 4, 2012 at 4:08 PM

You always say something like this, AP. No, this really is how they think.

Jim Treacher on May 4, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Saw it last night… Good job, Sean!!

Khun Joe on May 4, 2012 at 4:11 PM

which makes me wonder if any part of this is a goof.

Most of the lib boards I looked at today were screaming about him being a plant by Fox just to make them all look bad.

Comedy gold though. Even Hannity uttered a few expletives.

BacaDog on May 4, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Occupiers: Socialism Today, Socialism Tomorrow, Socialism Forever….And, None Of That Pansy-Assed Democratic-Socialism Either

I think a lot of these people have serious mental issues — I’m not saying that to be mean — and believe that they would not handle the failure of their dream very well. They honestly believe in Communism/Marxism/Whatever. They honestly believe that the government can be a benevolent dictator. They honestly believe that dictators like Stalin and Mao “perverted” Marx. They honestly believe that Cuba is a socialista paradiso. They honestly believe that this is their one, last chance to save humanity and the planet.

Many of them have adopted Utopianism as a religion, in a way, and the only “redemption” that their faith offers is for those who completely conform, comply, etc. It’s like Heaven’s Gate or Jim Jones.

This is kind of what I am talking about…it’s from October:

Obama-Approved OWS: Human Mic Meltdown In Philly

I think a lot of them — certainly not all, but a lot — are totally indoctrinated to the point of being mentally ill.

Resist We Much on May 4, 2012 at 4:13 PM

He’s on Hannity right now…

… Sean is trying to offer him a job, and it is not going well.

Seven Percent Solution on May 4, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Maybe the guy is just tired of lying and decided to be honest for once.

darwin on May 4, 2012 at 4:14 PM

You’ll enjoy every minute, I promise.

Is that like an Obama promise? Because this only reminds me of how awful cable “news” is.

calbear on May 4, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Great job, Sean!

Norwegian on May 4, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Jim Treacher on May 4, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Just read your personal message to the Occupiers a few minutes ago,

luv the PPS.

“Up yours Harrison Shultz”:)

MontanaMmmm on May 4, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I’m not a big Hannity fan–his personal style does not appeal to me–but this was awesome.

MidniteRambler on May 4, 2012 at 4:16 PM

This guy, mind you “a former intelligence analyst”???? made idiots look Einsteinian…with Hannity, cripes…

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2012 at 4:17 PM

He’s probably for real. There have been too many videos taken at these protests(many of them have been linked on here) depicting some truly braindead attendees who appear to have absolutely no concept of how the real world works. This guy at age 29 should theoretically be a little more wiser for the wear, but apparently he’s bought into the whole “capitalism is evil” belief system. The fact that he uttered similar remarks using even more extreme language on MSDNC shows he really believes this crap.

I agree, AP, that it’s tempting to attempt to rationalize this in order to deny the reality that there are a lot of folks out there who think this way, but we’re better off not sticking our heads in the sand and instead dealing with the problem head on. Because like it or not, people like this vote. They can have a very detrimental effect on society if left unchecked.

Doughboy on May 4, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Resist We Much on May 4, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Our public education system…

… working like a well oiled machine.

Seven Percent Solution on May 4, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Schultz is deadly serious about wanting everything for nothing.

Dr. Benjamin Spock’s teachings on children–give them everything they want without condition–have reached their logical end point in OWS.

MidniteRambler on May 4, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I saw lester and sequipedalian sitting right there, looking and acting incredibly stupid.

Starve them and the system or they will destroy you and your families.

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2012 at 4:21 PM

This pathetic moron is now on Hannity’s radio show and Sean offered to find him a job. Dude refuses to accept any job paying less than $80K a year, because that’s “what he’s used to,” this is a dyed in the wool, entitlement moron. He is also, btw, pursuing his PhD is Sociology.

PJ Emeritus on May 4, 2012 at 4:22 PM

You’re looking at this country’s future….scary.

repvoter on May 4, 2012 at 4:23 PM

My favorite part was when he claimed that the NY cops brougth in the rapists, urinators, defecators…to make them look bad.

Obama, Pelosi, Wasserman-Schmutz support these scumbags.

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Hannity offered him a job starting at $15/hr…

… This kook demanded a starting salary of $80K with no experience.

O_O

Seven Percent Solution on May 4, 2012 at 4:24 PM

He is also, btw, pursuing his PhD is Sociology.

PJ Emeritus on May 4, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Future indoctrinator at the college level. Pray for our kids.

BacaDog on May 4, 2012 at 4:25 PM

He’s on Hannity right now…

… Sean is trying to offer him a job, and it is not going well.

Seven Percent Solution on May 4, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Too funny ! I turned off his radio show to watch this, and missed it. Snort.

pambi on May 4, 2012 at 4:26 PM

It was also ‘good’ of him to repeatedly demand a “good job” from Hannity.

It was tragi-comic, is such.

Thank Obama for furthering this in the land which was once great.

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2012 at 4:26 PM

OMG! If I had any children like that I would smack them up
aside the head!

Without work ethic, what does one have that is worth having?

Amjean on May 4, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Allah, naturally, refuses to entertain the idea that this guy really is that clueless. I have no sympathy for them, nor do I find them to be funny. And so I don’t feel the need to pretend that this idiot couldn’t possibly be this pathetically obnoxious. Of course I also don’t rely on BuzzFeed and Daily Beast for my ideas and material, either.

cicerone on May 4, 2012 at 4:26 PM

PJ Emeritus on May 4, 2012 at 4:22 PM

80 grand, are you flippin kiddin me!
That’s what he’s use to, as my husband said last night when we watched, his previous job was counting paper clips, and analyst my foot.

MontanaMmmm on May 4, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Again…the kid is a douchebag, but Hannity is a terrible interviewer, and ends up looking more like O’Reilly…which is a very bad thing. Stop talking over him, Sean, and give the kid a chance to look like an idiot. You stole both the time, and the image, from him.

MadisonConservative on May 4, 2012 at 4:27 PM

The stupidity of Hannity’s guest is astounding.

This guy basically went on TV and announced to the entire country that he’s looking for work but hates business and commerce. While he might have an opportunity at NPR, MS-NBC or Mother Jones, the rest of the business community would arrive at the following conclusion: “L-I-A-B-I-L-I-T-Y”

Now, about for the claims about the police. For the moment, let’s assume that his statements are true. If that was the case, why wouldn’t the occupy movement volunteer to assist those businesses who were vandalized? Schultz mentioned that the purpose of occupy was to help others but yet, not one member of the group has offered to help those who were vandalized so his complete statement is a lie. Why doesn’t occupy do the “Christian” thing and help those who were so-called, “victims of the police?” At least it would help show the world that they’re caring individuals instead of hooligans.

Finally, how will those workers be able to earn a living if everything is supposed to be free? How do they get paid?

Kingfisher on May 4, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I love his pretentious Guy Fawkes goatee. It’s just so cool being a spoiled brat anarchist. OWS is about one thing only: Ego.

minnesoter on May 4, 2012 at 4:28 PM

MidniteRambler on May 4, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I’m not a huge fan of his either, but this really was a shining moment for him.

Reggie1971 on May 4, 2012 at 4:28 PM

He is completely absolutely serious, and proud of it too.
I have a few fools like that in my family, and believe me these people get much worse than this zombie if you mention the 4 letter word :
“w o r k “

burrata on May 4, 2012 at 4:28 PM

The NATO meeting in Chicago, of all places, will be epic.

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Since I missed it… what position did Sean offer him over the radio, that he turned down ?

pambi on May 4, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Kingfisher on May 4, 2012 at 4:27 PM

That’s why Obama told us about Julia
:O

burrata on May 4, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Free education, free health care, free dental care, free car, free house . . .

Who pays for it? Nobody

I guess he thinks this stuff is mana from heaven – it just falls from the sky.

Incredible. Is this the kind of thinking our society is turning out these days?

TarheelBen on May 4, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Eye and ear candy for the deranged right wing i guess.

Continue down playing the OWS crowd as all opportunists looking to take the little conservatives have. Continue painting all of them with a broad brush.

Discarding these folks sure has worked well in Europe and America will see how it works come November when Barry takes the WH again.

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Hannity nuked that spoiled, crybaby asshat socialist. This loser is the poster child for the Occupoopers: lazy, whiny entitlement junkies who want their college dorm room back.

Philly on May 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Best part “…and who will pay for all those free things…?”

“Nobody”

His kind believe that money comes from banks and milk from the store.

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2012 at 4:33 PM

corr

They CAN’T runaway from this pile, this time.

Resist We Much on May 4, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM

What a fool you are. I criticized Mitt in here, for days. You can’t even distance yourself from this one moron.

You are given a brain to think. Try it.

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Schultz is deadly serious about wanting everything for nothing.

MidniteRambler on May 4, 2012 at 4:20 PM

When I was sneaking peeks at my parent’s James Dobson collection, he had a lot to say about Dr.Spock, and not much of it was complimentary. Now I know why.

MelonCollie on May 4, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I’m confused…would that be a down twinkles or an up twinkles..?

d1carter on May 4, 2012 at 4:37 PM

OMG! If I had any children like that I would smack them up
aside the head!

Amjean on May 4, 2012 at 4:26 PM

It’s not just the kids. They’re parents may be nutty too.

Awhile back, I offered a young woman a job with a decent salary and bennies and she accepted.

A couple of days before she was supposed to start to work, her mom called me and told me her daughter wouldn’t be able to afford her “nice” apartment on the salary I offered. I told her to have her daughter call me if there was a problem, and the dumbass kid spoke up on the other line!

Needless to say, I told the kid I didn’t think we’d be a good fit.

BacaDog on May 4, 2012 at 4:37 PM

GO aka The Race to the Bottom Party aka Suck the middle class dry party

You all can’t wait until non business owners are resulted to making 1 cent an hour. After all, 1 cent an hour is better than nothing an hour right?

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

This fool is just a fool.

Ayers, however, is happy that the U.S. is being intentionally brought down to the “level of Portugal”.

Utopias are true derangements. I almost wish that they get what they’re after. Nothing short of it will teach them the lessons.

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

GOP aka The Race to the Bottom Party aka Suck the middle class dry party

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Lord. They’re = their. Autocorrect sucks.

BacaDog on May 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Good job you do, RWM.

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

You are about as destorted as yesterday’s Julia thing.

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Obama eats dogs.

BacaDog on May 4, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Clueless thy name is Uppereastside

Bitter Clinger on May 4, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Hannity should have asked Schultz that if he believes that everything should be free then when can Schultz report to the Fox office building to offer free data analysis services.

Hey, if dental care should be free then why not data analysis?

Kingfisher on May 4, 2012 at 4:40 PM

LOL… he’s baaaack, (on with Sean, radio) after the break !
This is just gobsmackingly crazy !!

pambi on May 4, 2012 at 4:41 PM

typical delusional, dim-witted, hypocritical leftist….

….expects everyone else to work for free to provide for his dental, housing, medical, and food needs, but he won’t get off his ass for less than 80k.

Saltysam on May 4, 2012 at 4:42 PM

I found Hannity’s interrupting a lot more annoying than Julia’s brother.

redzap on May 4, 2012 at 4:42 PM

GOP aka The Race to the Bottom Party aka Suck the middle class dry party

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Gee, that convinced me! From this moment on, I am now a liberal and I can thank this useless anonymous a$$wipe for my conversion!

(/sarc)

Kingfisher on May 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM

GOP aka The Race to the Bottom Party aka Suck the middle class dry party

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Exactly…now get back to work…

PatriotRider on May 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM

MadisonConservative on May 4, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I read your comment and I thought ‘MadCon just hates Hannity,’ but then I watched the clip and I have to agree. He didn’t let the guy get a word in edgewise after the first 2 minutes.

cynccook on May 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Eye and ear candy for the deranged right wing i guess.

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Lowerbackside, you’re a f_cking fool. These lazy, unbathed, dumb$hit fools are destroying your city, and you think it’s cool. You better be on here come November so we can rub your face in your own $hit.

msupertas on May 4, 2012 at 4:45 PM

MadisonConservative on May 4, 2012 at 4:27 PM

You know, I thought the same thing last night when I saw this live.

Hannity gets so into his “shootout” mode that he likes to ask a question, and hit him with another question before he has had a moment to answer fully. I agree that you just ask this guy a simple question, sit back and listen as he beclowns himself with stupidity, all with that smug snarky attitude.

No need to interrupt, let him make his case for a minute or two before you jump in and stop him.

Then, you are in good position to take a minute or two yourself and deconstruct all the nonsense he just said. It would play better to the non-partisan types if you let him have his say less interrupted, plus you know these idiots will hang themselves if you just give them a rope.

Hannity is upset at these people deeply, and I think he was being honestly sincere in his anger and frustration. Not a contrived phony confrontation. Still, I think it’s is a tactical error on his part.

Brian1972 on May 4, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Kingfisher on May 4, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Exactly. I wish Hannity had picked up on that.

Saltysam on May 4, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Now, about for the claims about the police. For the moment, let’s assume that his statements are true. If that was the case, why wouldn’t the occupy movement volunteer to assist those businesses who were vandalized? Schultz mentioned that the purpose of occupy was to help others but yet, not one member of the group has offered to help those who were vandalized so his complete statement is a lie. Why doesn’t occupy do the “Christian” thing and help those who were so-called, “victims of the police?” At least it would help show the world that they’re caring individuals instead of hooligans…
Kingfisher on May 4, 2012 at 4:27 PM

OK that whole thing is a LIE anyway. Zuccotti park parents’-basement-dwellers got piles upon piles of donated gourmet free food, not one of them had to pay a penny for it, and they REFUSED TO FEED homeless people who came to share it.

That was when I knew the OWS movement wasn’t based on misguided and rather stupid young-adult idealism, but out and out “more stuff, only for ME” greed.

inviolet on May 4, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Sean’s interviewing style can be abrasive, but when the dude’s speaking cr*ap other than answering the question, it’s tough to bring him back from the brink. LOL.

pambi on May 4, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I am proud of Sean on this one. He beat the little whiny azz punk down.

Southernblogger on May 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM

MadisonConservative 4:27

Exaaaaactly.

avgjo on May 4, 2012 at 4:49 PM

MadisonConservative on May 4, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Totally agree. Shutup and let the loser dig a bigger hole for himself. Sean is too full of himself. His only talking points are “we want dirty water, dirty air”. His crap is old.

Mirimichi on May 4, 2012 at 4:49 PM

You are about as destorted distored as yesterday’s Julia thing.

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM

It was such an unfair fight that, I confess, I didn’t get as much enjoyment viewing it as I thought I would. The Guy Fawkes wannabe was just so pathetic — my cat could have out-argued him (and, come to think of it, my cat is a more productive member of society than he is too).

Dark Star on May 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM

This moran wass bashing FOX News, yet he says he’s never watched it before. He just said that basically others have told him that Fox News is evil so that’s what he’s going on. Liberal indoctrination is the cause of the America’s demise.

redridinghood on May 4, 2012 at 4:50 PM

For Uppereastside

You are about as destorted distored as yesterday’s Julia thing.

Schadenfreude on May 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM

GO aka The Race to the Bottom Party aka Suck the middle class dry party

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

LOL! It is the Left that sucks the middle class dry. The Left loves trickle down taxation. A nurse working in London, where it is more expensive to live than Manhattan, earning $36,000 has a 33% tax rate. An accountant in Leeds earning $60,000 has a 40% tax rate. While there are only 2 national rates in Sweden — 20% and 25% — (incomes in excess of $76,586.78 are taxed at 25%), the average tax rate is 57.77% due to municipality, church, and funeral taxes — all of which corporations and the super wealthy, who live on only capital gains and dividends, are exempted from paying.

The United States has the most progressive income tax system in the world and you will never find a country elsewhere where fully 50% of the working population is exempted from paying national income taxes.

The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen.

The Left goes after the middle class with its tax schemes eventually for the same reason that Willie Sutton robbed banks:

THAT’S WHERE THE MONEY IS.

Plus, it believes that they better know how to spend the middle class’ money than the people who earn the money in the first place.

Resist We Much on May 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM

cynccook on May 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Haven’t watched the clip partly because flash has been disabled from my work machine but i do agree Sanity is unwatchable. Let the man dig himself dipper if that is what he chooses to do. Its so annoying when the far right (especially) and left pundits interupt their guests every 2 seconds.

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM

MadisonConservative on May 4, 2012 at 4:27 PM

cynccook on May 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Saltysam on May 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

English a second language for you, dude?

Buy Danish on May 4, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Oops…^^…sorry!

MadisonConservative on May 4, 2012 at 4:27 PM

cynccook on May 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Yep. Hannity, in his haste to vent, lost a couple of opportunities to trap him in his own stupidity and simply laugh at him.

Saltysam on May 4, 2012 at 4:52 PM

I’m confused…would that be a down twinkles or an up twinkles..?

d1carter on May 4, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Free stuff; up twinkles
Job/work; down twinkles

antipc on May 4, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I’ve just now spent 45 minutes listening to Sean follow up with this strident member of the Democratic Party on his radio show. Sean wanted to help find him a job, but concluded his incoherence and anger made him impossible to hire.

Let us never forget, and let it live long in the annals of American political history, that the Democratic Party fully supported the mad, violent and incoherent Occupy Wall Street movement, which didn’t seem to be a very diverse movement at all.

Democrats and leftists: Please, STOP your war on the American free enterprise system.

Allendundit on May 4, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Saltysam on May 4, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Yep, for one thing he should have turned it around and asked him what he thought he should pay for, what shouldn’t be “free”.

Buy Danish on May 4, 2012 at 4:55 PM

And no I don’t think he was goofing. He had that look that says he thinks he knows everything and then he fell apart. He got so fricked up he started jabbering about just wanting govt off everybody’s back which is the exact opposite of what he is claiming he wanted a minute before.

Southernblogger on May 4, 2012 at 4:55 PM

There is an element of truth to the “mentally ill” possibility, because the devil does mess with peoples’ minds. The problem is spiritual; there is great demonic activity going on in America. This is why we have the general escalation of violence, school shootings, female predators masquerading as teachers, unprecedented greed, unexplainable acts of child abuse, and all the other symptoms of a dying society. It’s also why we have communist/Marxist/Democrat policies governing this land.

I grew up in the 1940s and ’50s, when none of these things were in evidence. What happened? Why is America so vile? Because we have literally kicked God out of society, especially the schools. God’s enemies have made America into His enemy, and that’s a fact.

Unfortunately, there will be no reversal of this dying. The enemies of God are a majority now, and things are going to get only worse. I said before that the 2012 election was already decided, and someone wanted references. God is not through using Barack Hussein Obama, the man of darkness, against America. You don’t have to believe me; just live long enough and you will learn the awful truth yourself. God Almighty is bringing America down, and there is no stopping it. You had better be prepared for life after the end of our freedoms and liberties, because it’s going to get exceedingly ugly before long. The Nazification of America is nearly complete – and that’s no exaggeration. And the possibility of Civil War is more than just a figment of someone’s imagination. May the Lord open your eyes and hearts!

Gordy on May 4, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I give Hannity a C+.

He should have destroyed this guy… but, as usual, soundbite Vannity can’t get very deep and let’s him off the hook several times.

mankai on May 4, 2012 at 4:57 PM

The kid was genuine and there are more like him out there. I liked when he said his sort deserved to be paid by the evil corporations for using facebook.

The stupid is strong with these overgrown children. And when it comes to the few I’ve met, yes I absolutely do blame the parents first a society much much further down the list. These kids tend to come from relatively affluent middle class backgrounds (witness the explosion of iPad, Macbooks, Nike etc. that these kids have). Their parents almost certainly had decent jobs and the work ethic it takes to keep them. But there appears to be a massive values disconnect with their kids.

CorporatePiggy on May 4, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Hannity vs an Occupier. Battle of the nitwits.

Go RBNY on May 4, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Brian1972 on May 4, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Very well put. Exactly. Let ‘em hang themselves.

Mirimichi on May 4, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Also I’d just like to say that Sean Hannity has worked construction, washed dishes, and waited tables.

In case you hadn’t heard him say that about 400,000 times this year.

CorporatePiggy on May 4, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Harrison says he’s going for his PhD at the New School of Social Research. This provides clues as to why he’s clueless:

School of Economics

The Department of Economics offers a broad and critical approach to the study of economics, covering a wide range of schools of thought, including Keynesian and post-Keynesian economics; the classical political economy of Smith, Ricardo, and Marx; structuralist and institutionalist approaches to economics; and neoclassical economics. The courses of study emphasize the historical roots of economic ideas, their application to contemporary economic policy debates, and conflicting explanations and interpretations of economic phenomena, within the context of a rigorous training in the conceptual, mathematical, and statistical modeling techniques that are the common methodological basis of contemporary economic research. The department’s work centers on the changing shape of the world economy, its financial markets and institutions, problems of regulating and guiding economic development in the advanced industrial world and in emerging markets, complexity in economic systems, labor markets, and the economic aspects of class, gender, and ethnic divisions.

Buy Danish on May 4, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Uppereastside on May 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

You can’t be this stupid, can you?

Saltysam on May 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Did you see him when Hannity was suggesting all the things he wanted for free. That kind of gleeful response cannot be faked. I used to be a liberal. He’s just a little bit more up front than most. And for liberals that watched it and though he was a plant… they are saying that because they rarely see their own liberalism exposed like that. It’s more that they dislike what they see in the mirror, but they don’t realize that this guy is exactly like them. They want to pretend this guy is a one off.

MrX on May 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM

This fool reminds me of when the power went out last year across the Southwest…

… Since I was prepared, I made it a game for little 7% and we had a blast.

My Leftist neighbor down the street was out hooting and hollering, laughing and boasting, gleefully enjoying society stuck with out power…

… Then something happened that really changed his tune.

It started to get dark…

Seven Percent Solution on May 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM

God Almighty is bringing America down, and there is no stopping it.

Gordy on May 4, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Rev. Wright, is that you???

Go RBNY on May 4, 2012 at 5:04 PM

“Exploit our values”?! Really?

If so many occupiers hadn’t already said they want everything for free it might be more likely he was goofing around but I don’t think so.

Speakup on May 4, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Unfortunately, there will be no reversal of this dying.

Gordy, what about revival? What about principled stands against wrong? I think it can be reversed. But faith and determination are prerequisites.

avgjo on May 4, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Sorry,

screwed up the formatting, but you get the point.

avgjo on May 4, 2012 at 5:04 PM

“From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.”

Translation: The needy will make slaves of the able.

Socratease on May 4, 2012 at 5:06 PM

He’s getting his PhD in Sociology. Do you think he got an A?

Through the department’s activities, our goal is to help students better understand the major transformations in modern and postmodern societies and to prepare them for the normative or analytical challenges these transformations continually pose.

Buy Danish on May 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM

inviolet on May 4, 2012 at 4:47 PM

What’s really sad is that OWS actually thinks that they’re supported by the majority of Americans.

Go figure, an OWS protestor blocks a 99%er who is trying to go to work, then demands that the same worker support his movement.

It’s true that cocaine and weed ruin your thinking skills.

Kingfisher on May 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM