Video: Hannity battles with Occupy Wall Street organizer for 10 minutes

posted at 4:06 pm on May 4, 2012 by Allahpundit

Pure fun on a Friday afternoon. You’ll enjoy every minute, I promise. Just one question: Is the “Occupy” guy being completely serious or is he messing with Hannity a little? Pay particular attention at 7:00, when they start talking about all the wonderful things in life that should be free, free, free, and then again at around 9:00 when this tool insists he’s done earning a living by working menial jobs. He seems almost eager to confirm people’s worst suspicions about the attitudes of a young entitled socialist d-bag, which makes me wonder if any part of this is a goof. Then again, maybe I feel that way because it’s the only way I can rationalize the attitude seen here. Normally when someone from a “controversial” group shows up on cable news, they’re keen to shoot down the host’s worst assumptions about them. Not this guy. Points for honesty, I guess.

One other thing. Schultz suggests early in the clip that crime and violence in the “Occupy” camps weren’t committed by the Occupiers themselves but rather by derelicts and other infiltrators whom the NYPD sent down to Zuccotti Park. That’s predictable — they routinely disclaim responsibility for the culture in the camps, sometimes with media help — but there’s some truth to it in this case. The New York Daily News spoke to two drunks last year who claimed cops had found them drinking in public and told them to “take it to Zuccotti.” There was also a hot rumor at the time that the city was deliberately dropping off newly-released prisoners from Riker’s Island at Zuccotti Park to try to intimidate the occupiers out of the space. That appears to have been baseless, but word apparently did get around among Riker’s inmates that there was free food and shelter at the park for those who wanted it. Go figure that a big catered party inside a no-go area for police might attract a degenerate element.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I am sure this may have been said but I did not read everything, sorry, I listened to this guy today on the radio with Hannity. It was past amazing how absolutely ignorant and greedy that guy is!

bluemarlin on May 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I read your comment and I thought ‘MadCon just hates Hannity,’ but then I watched the clip and I have to agree. He didn’t let the guy get a word in edgewise after the first 2 minutes.

cynccook on May 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM

I listened to the clip, and it reminds me again why I turn off my radio the minute I hear the opening notes of Hannity’s theme song. That kid did a pretty good job of sticking both feet in his mouth, but it could have been so much better had Hannity shut up and let him jam his feet in even further.

PatriotGal2257 on May 4, 2012 at 10:18 PM

PatriotGal, you are so right! I am sick of Hannity and O’reilly because they NEVER shut up! They bring people on their shows and then never let them speak. Laura Ingram is following right in O’reilly’s foot steps because she asks a three minute question and then refuses to let her guest answer it. Or if they do answer it only requires a yes or no. Hannity has gotten so bad that he is not watchable. And his TV show is no better with the likes of Bob Beckle. Of course this guy was a jerk but Hannity made him look better by being such a whiner.

inspectorudy on May 4, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Hannity battles

Right…

Ugly on May 4, 2012 at 11:27 PM

These are people who publicly crap on the sidewalk, and those who hang out with them. And Allah thinks they must be goofing when they appear to be stupid. Lol

kg598301 on May 4, 2012 at 11:32 PM

i will never forget how hannity went on and on about how this election was going to change the course of history and that conservatism would ride the wave.

i use to listen to hannity. no longer. he’s just hustling us for more face time on the boob tube.

conservative revolution my tush. where is hannity’ mouth now.
yep. planted on mitts backside. niiiiiiiiiiiiice.

renalin on May 4, 2012 at 11:40 PM

renalin on May 4, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Hannity is a Juggernaut of self-importance. Much like that A-hole David Ramsey (man, that dude sets my teeth on ‘grind’). AND THAT OTHER DICKHEAD that calls himself (and everyone else) a Great American. What is that?

/Pardon me. Too much

Ugly on May 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Can’t stand hannity…

tlynch001 on May 5, 2012 at 12:43 AM

If you’re paying for grad school, it’s because you aren’t good enough and they don’t really want you. Normal people are PAID to go to grad school. They get tuition remission off the bat and are teaching assistants. The people who are required to pay grad school tuition are those the school would prefer not to have, if anyone of any quality comes along.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 5, 2012 at 4:12 AM

/Pardon me. Too much

Ugly on May 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Hannity I get, but Dave Ramsey? WTH? How does people paying off their bills hack you off? That’s just…odd. He’s about as provocative as buttered toast compared to anyone else on the radio – short of the little old ladies trading recipies and gardening tips.

Abiss on May 5, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Yeah, Hannity could have let th kid speak. But then again, like Bob Beckel and Ed Schultz, he wasn’t saying anything real, either. It’s one thing to like to hear yourself talk. It’s another to make a living borrowing and bull$h1tting. But then there’s grandiosity for it’s own sake. This guy just wanted more fun face-time.

There’s a point after which rationality is more important than a pretty face and an engaging style. And this kid was only interested in spin and free food.

flicker on May 5, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Schultz presented us with the face of our enemies. This is what the moochers of the world want from us and all of it for free for them. Catch phrase of the interview was when Sean asked him, but who pays of it and the little jerk answered no one, it’s free. Sean was spot on with his ‘advice’ to the poster boy for Occupy, literally, with his cute little ‘stache’ looked just like the V posters they put up.

Kissmygrits on May 5, 2012 at 9:07 AM

“Hit the pavement, find a job, stop whining, stop complaining, stop blaming and get your ass out of bed.”

Why aren’t conservatives telling this to everyone? I mean, conservatives are making a huge stink about the unemployment rate like it’s Obama’s fault, but they want to tell every occupier to stop whining and get a job. It can’t both be all Obama’s fault AND due entirely to the laziness of the unemployed, can it?

ernesto on May 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM

The OWS guy is in complete denial. Hannity interrupts too much but what can you say to someone who denies the truth? Usually this type goes into a philosophical rant that has nothing to do with the context of the conversation and get stuck repeating and repeating which will cause an interruption just to keep the conversation from being stagnant.

mixplix on May 5, 2012 at 10:18 AM

I think it’s appropriate to chastise both of the players, but for different reasons:
The anal-retentive, brutally verbose Hannity v. a laggardly, louse-infested libertíne.
What should anyone expect from either of those clowns?
Sean Hannity and I agree on most issues, but his style is much too off-putting for me.
(Billy’O too)

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on May 5, 2012 at 10:26 AM

It is obvious even to someone with an IQ of 5, that Schultz was deliberately lying. Essentially, Schultz hung himself with his own words.

One example.

Schultz said of the NYPD: “They sent alcoholics they sent…offenders…they knew we wouldn’t turn people away”

OK, so the police brought them to the encampment, so what? Isn’t the encampment open to all of the 99%? Is is closed to anyone? Schultz says how they’re for the 99% then complains that the portion of the 99%, brought in by the police, committed the violence.

The police often bring in the homeless and other destitute people in times of emergency such as extreme cold. They bring them to homeless shelters for assistance. What’s different here? OWS had free food, free basic facilities and was openly inviting everyone so what’s the big deal?

So they’re accepting everyone as their “Christian” duty. Tell me then…

Why is he complaining about it now?
Why didn’t OWS help the victims of violence?
Why didn’t OWS help the police to find the rapists as a method to “clean up” their encampment?
Why isn’t OWS speaking out loudly, denouncing the violence?
And why didn’t OWS do their best to help these poor, unfortunate people? Schultz should have thanked, not criticized the police for bringing the 99% together.

Christian organizations openly accept alcoholics and other offenders into their centers for rehabilitation. How many of these people, while in a Christian facility, openly commit vandalism? Answer: ZERO

I would have loved Michael Savage to rip this nutjob to pieces. Say what you want about Savage but he is certainly no timid interviewer.

Kingfisher on May 5, 2012 at 11:12 AM

One phrase summed the entire concept of liberalism:

“Yes, everything should be free”

Hannitys response disproved that concept:

“But who’s going to pay for it?”

silence

BobMbx on May 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Most probably victims of white oppression and falsely accused of crimes they didn’t commit.

If this is true, is sounds like the NYPD is guilty of simply increasing the ranks of the occupiers with their own kind.

BobMbx on May 5, 2012 at 11:22 AM

The funny part was that Bloomberg went out of his way to accommodate the disgusting leeches, who should have been taken off the streets on the first night, regardless of what the owners of Zucotti park thought. Try doing anything in New York City that the city government isn’t fond of …. LOL. They were serving food and doing all sorts of things that would get normal people fined and jailed if they had tried without the raft of permits and fees and all the rest. The Occupooper were Bloomberg’s pets (as they were the attack dogs of the despicable, lying scumbag dems, in general – the dems answer, once again, to the Tea Party).

All of these dem politicians that aided and abetted the Occupoopers (in Philly they were protected and allowed to live at City Hall in violation of just about every city ordinance there was) really need to be held responsible for their criminal actions – trying to intimidate city residents with their leftist thugs and generally repulsive low-lifes – but sadly, they won’t. This nation just doesn’t have any self-respect left.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 5, 2012 at 11:31 AM

This nation just doesn’t have any self-respect left.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 5, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Sic Transit Gloria Mundi

~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on May 5, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I have never understood the Hannity hate I have read forever.

Hannity takes hard stands for common-sense values. Yes, sometimes he badgers his guests, but it seems to me he usually does that after the guest tries evasive flim-flam in response to his questions. Over the years I have seen him give some epic dressings-down to deserving, intellectually dishonest Dems. As well, he promotes a lot of events for freedon-loving Americans.

All in all, I think Hannity is a unique force for good in our country, and I, for one, appreciate his heart and his efforts to rally the troops, a LOT.

cane_loader on May 5, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Put it this way… whom would you rather have as your neighbor – Madcow or Hannity?

cane_loader on May 5, 2012 at 11:49 AM

flicker on May 5, 2012 at 8:17 AM

The dumb kid, who I thought wasn’t so much unintelligent as he was stupid, was babbling/rambling, as you say. The problem with Sean during the interview was that he got impatient, and let the dumb kid bring him down to his level emotionally instead of keeping his head above water. It would have been far better interaction if Sean had acted as if he were the dumb kid’s dad, and had used the time to inform/teach the dumb kid instead of arguing with him.

Bizarro No. 1 on May 5, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I got to meet Hannity for a moment at the SRLC. Further, I watched him for a good half-hour (in line to get my dad’s book signed). He seems like a decent, down-to-earth guy. That said, he does sometimes come across as self-important. For instance, you’ll notice, even with friendly guests, he starts to get antsy if their answer is ‘taking too long’. He starts to move his mouth, and then shuts himself up, his mouth ending up in a sort of smirk, like he’s trying to smile and keep it cool, but can’t quite pull it off. He seems to always have to be the center of attention. His style of ‘argument’ doesn’t lend any intellectual credibility to the right. All he does is use the same talking points (down to the exact same wording in nearly every instance) and badger his opponents. In fact, if you watch him long enough (and it really doesn’t take that long), it becomes immediately obvious he has no dialectical subtlety when it comes to the arguments he promulgates. In other words, he parrots arguments he doesn’t really understand.

But to me, the most insufferable thing about Hannity is that he comes across as a GOP cheerleader. Despite his ‘I’m a registered conservative’, he plays the same games for the GOP that MSM lefties play for the left. He won’t talk about screwups made by ‘our’ side’s people, he plays two wrongs make a right when someone else talks about a GOP screwup, he’ll hardly criticize anyone on our side for major screw ups, like the debt ceiling (his ‘criticism’ of Boner et al. was the rhetorical equivalent of a wet noodle) and he always tries to polish a turd like McCain or the current GOP heir apparent.

One last thing: I think Hannity knows about at least some of his deficiencies. Here’s what I mean…

You’ll notice that Hannity will open his show almost at the very beginning by rattling off a list of guests. He’ll also emphasize a particular one, maybe Gingrich or Bachmann or Dick Morris. The one he emphasizes he’ll keep telling you every half hour, ‘we’ve got guest X coming up.’, like they’re next on the show. This continues for two hours, during which you’re treated to brief ‘interviews’ with other guests, where Hannity does most of the talking, and the rest of the time is filled with Hannity rattling on and on about the outrage du jour. By the time you figure out that the guest you’ve been wanting to hear is coming on in the last hour, you’ve already put yourself through 1 1/2 – 2 hours of Hannity, so why not wait? I used to listen to Hannity only for the guests. I think ol’ Sean knows that many of his ‘loyal listeners’ do this as well. So I personally believe he strings them along with this tactic. kinda corny and sad, if you ask me.

avgjo on May 5, 2012 at 12:32 PM

His style of ‘argument’ doesn’t lend any intellectual credibility to the right.

avgjo on May 5, 2012 at 12:32 PM

This is his entire downfall, and it’s probably not fixable. I’m not sure the guy has the intellectual chops to actually refine his game, even if he wants to.

He’s good at remembering and repeating bullet points, ad nauseam. But he cannot think on his feet, and based on the tacks that he usually takes in an “argument” it’s clear he just can’t put reasoned points together.

He’s an embarrassment. All his taking over people is simply his method of disguising the fact that he doesn’t have any game to speak of. I’ll bet he is a nice guy, and we’re definitely on the same team, but I cannot stand his shows.

TexasDan on May 5, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I have never understood the Hannity hate I have read forever.

cane_loader on May 5, 2012 at 11:47 AM

We are in the same camp about Sean – he is not a wimp at all, he doesn’t have an oversized ego, his heart is absolutely in the right place, and I care infinitely more about those qualities than I do his minor flaws of at times being repetitive and and overemotional, which makes us unlike his negative, stupid critics who are too easily distracted to notice that he isn’t a stupid person just because of those mundane imperfections.

Sean is one of the few in the A/V media on the Right I feel I can count on to not measurably disappoint me somehow even when I disagree with him, joining a small group that includes Rush, Stephen Hayes, and John Fund (there may be some others I am not thinking of at the moment)

Did you catch him last night? I gave him a C+ for his interview with the OWS dummy, but for last night’s show he deserved an A – I thought it was one of his very best ones. The topic was 0bamessiah’s politicization of OBL’s death, and he had a great discussion panel which included, among others, Oliver North, Debra Blasingame, Michael Mukasey, Jose Rodriguez, Mike Baker, some Navy SEALs, Jason Chaffetz. Sean is only Conservative I can think of who could have handled the show/panel at least as well as he did.

Bizarro No. 1 on May 5, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Saw the Hannity TV mess, Heard the radio 45 minute mess and even
the dicussion with Hannity on “The five”

This guy got everything he wanted. times 3. Now he’s a
hero in the occupy crowd . I have to believe he set out
to say anything to keep the camera on him and he succeeed.

5 minutes would have been plenty of air time for the little
actor activist.

Too much time is wasted on these pukes. All a diversion from
the real problem child from Kenya.

Texyank on May 5, 2012 at 1:58 PM

cane_loader on May 5, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Mega dittos.

That said, He does drive me nutty when he repeats
and repeats. Also when he let’s the leftys nuts go on and on.

Texyank on May 5, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Were there any Occupy protests in cities where conservatives are in charge?

BobMbx on May 5, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I have never understood the Hannity hate I have read forever.

cane_loader on May 5, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Thread Winner

redridinghood on May 5, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Do you ever feel like you’ve wandered into the world of Atlas Shrugged without the John Galt character? I do. The looters are all over Washington and they’re at every Occupy rally you’ve ever seen.

Who is going to be the John Galt? WE have to be him. We must use the most potent weapon we have to oust this administration in November. That weapon is your wallet. Disappear for the next 6 months and start now. DO NOT spend any money you don’t HAVE to spend. Yes, it will sour the economy. That’s the point. America’s foundational principles are on the ballot this year. If you haven’t read Ayn Rand’s novel, what I’m saying may shock you. Find a copy of the book and get started on it. It will all make sense even before you’ve finished.

Doug Piranha on May 5, 2012 at 3:40 PM

He’s not a filthy hippie…he’s filthy commie.

rubberneck on May 5, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I need a student loan to pay for my student loan

Ugly on May 5, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Hahahahah! This guy is a gift to Hannity. He thinks everything is free! Too funny. Comedy gold.

Kevin M on May 5, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Kingfisher on May 5, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Savage would have had two options. Kill the moron or died pulling his own hair out.

tootired on May 6, 2012 at 2:28 AM

PatriotGal2257 on May 4, 2012 at 10:18 PM

I agree. I love Hannity, but it seemed that he was on speed; he was all over the place, frenetic and he wouldn’t actually let the kid answer any of the questions; he just kept interrupting the kid. It was not Hannity’s best interview. :/

Theophile on May 6, 2012 at 4:13 AM

“Hit the pavement, find a job, stop whining, stop complaining, stop blaming and get your ass out of bed, et cetera, et cetera.”

Does Hannity’s over-use of “et cetera” at the end of almost every list or extrapolation bother anybody else? It is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

BigAlSouth on May 6, 2012 at 7:01 AM

I have never understood the Hannity hate I have read forever.

That’s because too many conservatives want to look at a person’s positions in terms of pure black and white. So they say to themselves, “Sean Hannity isn’t conservative enough for ME!” and throw a fit whenever he pops up in the news.

That’s why you’re seeing so much hate in a nutshell.

R. Waher on May 6, 2012 at 9:25 PM