Video: Michelle Malkin takes on Juan Williams over comparisons between the Occupy movement and the Tea Party

posted at 12:01 pm on May 3, 2012 by Morgen Richmond

Hot Air’s Boss Emeritus was on Hannity last night, facing off against Juan Williams on a discussion segment dealing with the Occupy protests on Tuesday. In defense of the violent behavior of the occupiers, Williams attempted to compare the movement to the Tea Party. The result was predictably one-sided, but highly entertaining nonetheless. Michelle at her very best, via Gateway Pundit:

If it wasn’t for his baseless attacks on the tea party, I’d almost feel a little sorry for Juan Williams. He was outmatched to begin with and he’s really in a position here of trying to defend the indefensible. To support the Occupy movement in any way is to support anarchy, and orchestrated chaos and violence. This is a movement founded on anarchist principles, and led by anarchists and other radical leftists who openly call for the destruction of capitalism and the political system which supports it.

To compare it to the Tea Party is really an insult to both movements. Tea partiers abhor violence, and the bulk of the energy behind the movement is directed at demanding more fiscally responsible behavior from government, and restoring the freedoms and institutions which have made this country great. The aim of the occupiers is to tear down the system from within, and replace it with mob rule. They encourage the presence of revolutionary communists and black bloc anarchists within their midst, knowing full well that violence will ultimately be required to achieve their aims.

Restore and preserve versus tear down and destroy. The contrast could not be more clear and it’s a disgrace that people who consider themselves to be mainstream Democrats would support or defend a movement as transparently anti-American as this.

Malkin 1, Williams 0.

(Update: fixed the headline.)

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

When a liberal brings up the sign of Obama with a bone through his nose I point out that they conveniently “ignore” the fact that the poster was a picture of Obama as a witch doctor, with the poster stating that it was against Obamacare, at an anti-healthcare bill rally. Gee, I wonder why they would have the guy pushing Obamacare as a witch DOCTOR.

DethMetalCookieMonst on May 3, 2012 at 1:00 PM

She has balls stronger and bigger than just about any male, from all sides of the political spectrum.

Schadenfreude on May 3, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Whatever that means and matters.
But yea – I obviously don’t like her either.
No doubt she she enjoys coming out swinging, and swinging hard.
But might ain’t right. She’s a name caller and just goes to absolutely absurd places via twisted logic. If you don’t see things exactly as she does, you’re ‘corrupt’ or something. She’d be fun to go to a boxing match with, or a Yankees/Red Sox game.
But in the sphere she chooses to spend all her time – she’s poisonous, and does damage.
That some revel with glee in that damage…big surprise.
Left was guilty of that with Olbermann.

verbaluce on May 3, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Morgen is a woman?

bettycooper on May 3, 2012 at 12:58 PM

No idea(nor do I really care). That’s why I left the comment neutral.

MadisonConservative on May 3, 2012 at 1:00 PM

And Williams was considered too smart for the NPR crowd? Go figure.

MNHawk on May 3, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I see no logical contradiction whatsoever in him getting schooled here by Michelle and him being a rocket scientist compared to the NPR crowd.

RINO in Name Only on May 3, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Schadenfreude on May 3, 2012 at 12:52 PM

..disclaimer: I feel the same way about MM you do — sometimes she runs a little hot — but I give her more-than-grudging respect. If anyone has ever seen that video of her being literally surrounded in Denver by a mob led by some hulking, shrieking left wing DJ, and see her stand her ground they will realize what a strong character she has. It was a classic case of bullying at its most grotesque but she hung in there bravely and gave as good as she got.

The War Planner on May 3, 2012 at 1:02 PM

YES! This is the left in five words. I’m going to start using this.

They have zero evidence to support anything they believe…all they have are feeeeeeeeeeeeelings. And if you don’t feeeeeeeeeeeeel like they do, you are to be excoriated. F them. I can’t live with these freaks anymore.

mapper on May 3, 2012 at 12:57 PM

On the other hand, we DO have evidence. Here is an example:

FTA:

Early Wednesday morning Breitbart News posted a video of an Occupy protester in LA smashing a drum into the head of a female LAPD officer. At the time the video had fewer than 25 views. Within hours the video began to spread around the web on blogs and social media sites. Just over 24 hours later it has been viewed more than 200,000 times.

Yesterday afternoon, KTLA reported that a suspect in the attack had been detained and was being questioned. This morning, the LAPD announced the arrest of Brian Mendoza age 23. Sources say Mendoza is “6 feet tall and weighs 280 pounds.” By contrast, the officer he attacked is said to be 5’1″ and just over 100 pounds.

dogsoldier on May 3, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Picture of the Day: Don’t Stop Thinking About “Forward!”

Forward, March! – Marching Through Avanti, Vorwärts, вперед, 进, Adelante, Forward

Resist We Much on May 3, 2012 at 1:04 PM

No idea(nor do I really care). That’s why I left the comment neutral.

MadisonConservative on May 3, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I agree. He/she is a keeper.

bettycooper on May 3, 2012 at 1:06 PM

The Tea Party is also distinct from Occupy in another significant respect: it engaged a lot of “regular” middle class people who were not previously politically active, and who demanded accountability and responsibility from government. It was, and is, a genuine movement populated mostly by regular, level-headed folks you see on the street every day.

Occupy, by contrast, is just the latest fancy label to be attached to the same core group of leftist rabble-rousers that have protested everything from the Vietnam War to the G-8 to George Bush and now, I guess, Wall Street. Occupy was, at its heart, just another gathering of a fringe, leftist mob.

Outlander on May 3, 2012 at 1:08 PM

“Marxist, anarchist, poo-flinging monkeys…” Accurate description, and also a prime example of why I love Michelle Malkin so much! Thanks, Michelle, for brightening my day! :)

DrUrchin on May 3, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I pity MM’s kids when she brings that Tiger Mom face. Man, she could strike fear in the heart of any kid (or adult!) with that. Awesome. :)

A440Hz on May 3, 2012 at 1:09 PM

verbaluce on May 3, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I don’t want to go anywhere with her, as I only respect her intellect and don’t care for other traits.

However, I’d rather have her on my side at the barricades than at yours. She fights efficiently, takes no prisoners and knows who she is and what she stands for. Her quick wit, with yours in sight, is unsurpassed. This can not be said about many people any more, regretfully. They call them “malkins” for very good reason. The world is at the state it’s in due to lack thereof, from all sides.

Schadenfreude on May 3, 2012 at 1:10 PM

No doubt she she enjoys coming out swinging, and swinging hard.
But might ain’t right.

verbaluce on May 3, 2012 at 1:00 PM

In this case she has both, and your dem/OWS pals are in for a drubbing.

dogsoldier on May 3, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Morgen is a woman?

bettycooper on May 3, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Nope. Here’s a picture.

PorchDawg on May 3, 2012 at 1:11 PM

YES! This is the left in five words. I’m going to start using this.

mapper on May 3, 2012 at 12:57 PM

To be fair there was a TeaParty and GOP leader in California who sent out a picture of Obamas face on a monkey with monkey parents. He said now we know why Obama will not show his Birth Certificate.

I know crazy that people should think a President should actually have to prove he is eligible for his position. Only Republicans are subjected to that like McCain was in 2008. The democrats then said we wasted time on McCain and found nothing so it would be stupid to investigate Obama. Thus Obama got a pass even though nearly everyone in America understands that Obama was not eligible.

This is what makes them crazy. They must keep the truth about Obamas birth from ever becoming known. They will defend it to the ends of the Earth. Which is why I do not believe it an issue worth fighting.

But.

The point is this member was just joking and the lefts jokes are far more crass and racist than this ever was. It is also very isolated and hardly a Tea Party position.

On the other hand the violence is happening with most Occupy groups and supported by words from all of them. Unfair to compare isolated incidents to the position of another group.

Steveangell on May 3, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Wow! Michelle was really fired up! Lol! She’s a sparkplug!

And we desperately need MILLIONS more like her……

KMC1 on May 3, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Tea partiers abhor violence

You obviously havn’t listened to Chris Matthews.

jaydee_007 on May 3, 2012 at 1:15 PM

KMC1 on May 3, 2012 at 1:13 PM

I think on Monday nights, Mary Katherine Ham usually jousts with the Obama apologist. She lays out good, intelligent offense in response to his all too worn out talking points.

I think he is paid to be the Fox pinata.

VietVet_Dave on May 3, 2012 at 1:17 PM

The Occupy movement is NOT an anarchist movement. Anarchists and Anarcho-Capitalists are non-violent voluntarists. They are the complete OPPOSITE of left wing thugs like those you see in the Occupy movement. The left wing has been tattering the image of true Anarchists since the turn of the 20th Century by using violence and destruction and claiming the name Anarchist. Do some research into what Anarchy is. It isn’t about destruction, pillaging and murder. That is a left wing, socialist strategy. The true Anarchists are the Anarcho-Capitalists who call for the end of the state in a non-violent transition. A left wing Anarchist is an oxymoron in itself.

RightXBrigade on May 3, 2012 at 12:17 PM

HUH?????

timberline on May 3, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I like Juan..yeah, I know he drops into his defense of BHO often and will not criticize anything that could hurt him and his agenda. This OWS weekend must have been very disappointing. But, MM is awesome. She is reviled on Twitter but she refuses to allow the Progs to define her. I hope she is taking care of herself.

d1carter on May 3, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I guess Juan never heard the adage; ‘it’s better to appear dull and stupid than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt’. What a moron.

LizardLips on May 3, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Nope. Here’s a picture.

That’s not me. Which is a little hard to believe given the rarity of my name, but it’s not. I am a guy though.

If I’m fortunate enough to become a more permanent fixture around here, I’ll find an opportunity to share a brief bio.

Morgen Richmond on May 3, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Juan is one of the dumbest professional liberals out there, its like seeing liberal4life argue our side. *sigh* Its just a shame they let people like him debate Malkin when there are much more intelligent people out there.

libfreeordie on May 3, 2012 at 12:16 PM

lol, how about having her debate you?

PS, what is a “Professional Liberal”? Or are you admitting that 99% of the Professionals in the Democrat Media are “Progressives”?

Sorry, but that’s not news.

Del Dolemonte on May 3, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Why on earth was there an annoying “Pop-up” full page “Survey” when I first clicked on this story?

realwest on May 3, 2012 at 1:23 PM

On may first the OWS crowds around the country left in thier wake a swath of Destruction and Damage to average people who’s only crime was of going to work to try to make a living, or to patronize those businessis of people trying to make a living.

In contrast, the Tea Party Never Failed to leave a place in better condition than they found it.

To misquote Reagan, The problem with Juan Williams is not that he’s ignroant, it’s that he knows so much that just isn’t so.

jaydee_007 on May 3, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Progressives always justify their anti-social behavior by comparing theirs to what they perceive as a conservative equivalent. Of course, there never is one, so they have to make stuff up. Comparing the street scum Occupiers to people who pick up their trash and don’t break any laws only further exposes their warped minds to the vast majority of the population who are sane. I hope that they continue to protest through the election.

cajunpatriot on May 3, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Actually, I’m not sure Malkin has ever really debated anyone – in a moderated academic setting. Fox News let’s her shrill shout her way through talking points – but it would be interesting to see how she’d do a’la Coulter/Franken or D’Souza/Hitchens.
Seems she’s wise enough to avoid that embarrassment.

verbaluce on May 3, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Well, after I challenged you to defend the despicable disgusting traitor that the Democrat Party nominated for Commander in Chief in 2004 and all you could come up with was “moving on…old battles”, now you are going to try and say that anyone on the left, and I do mean ANYONE, could debate Michelle Malkin on the issues and not be reduced to a quivering lump of grease?

This woman has her opinions, obviously, but she can back up what she says with reams of facts and research that is in her head from years of covering the left wing activists herself. Right off the top of her head. If you give her a little time with an internet connection, it is even more lopsided.

I recall when Culture of Corruption was released in early 2009, Michelle went on the customary MSM book tour. This Week on ABC as part of their panel, and on The View stick out in my memory.

She sat right there next to Joy(less)Behar Babs Wawa and co. unflappable, in command of the facts while all they had was stupid emotionalism and “What about Bush? What about Bush?”.

Michelle is fantastic. I admire her immensely, and if you could be the slightest bit intellectually honest you would as well.

I would put her up against anyone from the left you want to offer up, from Lawrence O’Donnell right on up to President Obama himself.

Any kind of setting you want, any time or place. No contest.

It’s like bringing a toothpick to a thermonuclear war for you guys.

Brian1972 on May 3, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Wow! Michelle was really fired up! Lol! She’s a sparkplug!

And we desperately need MILLIONS more like her……

KMC1 on May 3, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Sparkplug?

That lady is a flamethrower tank!

Brian1972 on May 3, 2012 at 1:29 PM

I am not sure, but think the vid for this thread picks up about halfway through the segment. Discussion was on OWS and May 1. JW was having a hard time defending their actions ( who doesn’t) so he reverted to form and pulled out the race card. Bad move. MM went off like a rocket. Cannot blame her.
He was changing the topic by yelling racist. I am tired of that.

Jabberwock on May 3, 2012 at 1:30 PM

If you are not on Twitter, you should be. Michelle M has great Tweets.

Juan Williams is just a Progressive mouthpiece and learned nothing from his NPR experience.

PappyD61 on May 3, 2012 at 1:34 PM

realwest on May 3, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Some friendly advice: try using the Firefox browser (version 12.0 just came out earlier this week) and then add the Ad Blocker Plus Firefox add-on.

Del Dolemonte on May 3, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I guess Juan liberals never heard the adage; ‘it’s better to appear dull and stupid than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt’. What a moron morons.

Preach LizardLips, preach!

sdbatboy on May 3, 2012 at 1:41 PM

I’ve been posting at her web site a lot longer than I have here, always fun, the trolls are kept on a shorter leash.

Rage Kewpie strikes again.

MM Rocks

MichaelGabriel on May 3, 2012 at 1:42 PM

You obviously havn’t listened to Chris Matthews.

I wasn’t aware that ANYone did. Look at his ratings…

psrch on May 3, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Democrats support such anti-American activity because they themselves are anti-American. Simple, isn’t it?!

Gordy on May 3, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Brian1972 on May 3, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Sorry I left you wanting in another thread.
Just can’t do this all day long -y’know.
Ok, so you are a Malkinite as well as Swift Boater.
Credit given for keeping up with the times.

verbaluce on May 3, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Del Dolemonte – Thanks for the advice but I’ve already done all of that.
Other friends of H.A. have had the same experience as I did.
I STRONGLY suspect that the FULL PAGE pop up ad came from here.

realwest on May 3, 2012 at 1:49 PM

psrch – I would look at his ratings, but my magnifying glass is in the other room.

realwest on May 3, 2012 at 1:50 PM

It is sometimes forgotten that Ms Malkin has a far better memory than the norm. This is why she is so formidable. Like Limbaugh and Krauthammer, she has facts at hand, and knew full well the incident Juan referred to was a false flag set up by the California Democrats.
Geraldo repeatedly made the same mistake,citing vague cliches to a woman who could recite the truth in detail, until he was rendered defenseless and resorted to personal attack.

pat on May 3, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Schadenfreude on May 3, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I don’t know that she’s that witty –
and that she even tries/wants to be. Pretty humorless, overall.
As far as being an efficient fighter…for who/what?
She preaches to the converted, a loud preacher.
She’s no more an efficient fighter that a chief heather for a clique of high school mean girls is.
Outside of the trenches, she achieves nothing.
Maybe she gets Hannity to love her more today than yesterday?
(But not as much as tomorrow.)

verbaluce on May 3, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Sorry I left you wanting in another thread.
Just can’t do this all day long -y’know.
Ok, so you are a Malkinite as well as Swift Boater.
Credit given for keeping up with the times.

verbaluce on May 3, 2012 at 1:49 PM

You did not leave me wanting, you left yourself wanting when I destroyed your pathetic defense of John Kerry and the despicable traitorous “Winter Soldier” testimony.

You were nuked off the thread. With the truth.

Still, no real response to what I said here either.

I’ll put Malkin up against ANYBODY from the left, anytime, anyplace.

She would crush any of you guys. with the truth.

Brian1972 on May 3, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I don’t know that she’s that witty –
and that she even tries/wants to be. Pretty humorless, overall.

verbaluce on May 3, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Michelle has a great sense of humor.

When she isn’t nuking you leftists with passionately delivered facts and research, she is napalming you guys with great mockery, and you deserve every bit of it.

Brian1972 on May 3, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Outside of the trenches, she achieves nothing.

verbaluce on May 3, 2012 at 1:55 PM

She is not outside the trench. She’s in it. ( with some pretty nasty folks)
Best to use trench warfare, no ?

Jabberwock on May 3, 2012 at 2:03 PM

“I don’t have any evidence!” sums up the left perfectly.

dogsoldier on May 3, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I think you got them all wrong. “We don’t need no stinking evidence!” is the communist motto.

riddick on May 3, 2012 at 2:04 PM

PappyD61 on May 3, 2012 at 1:34 PM

WhoAnn was not there to learn, he was there to teach.

riddick on May 3, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Outside of the trenches, she achieves nothing.

verbaluce on May 3, 2012 at 1:55 PM

What does that even mean?

Outside of the trenches, you ain’t in the fight, are you?

Still, if you stick to the substance of what Michelle and Juan were talking about, Michelle had him by the short hairs the second he tried to drag the Tea Party in to compare with violent junky rapist anarchist morons who only want to break and burn stuff, throw a pointless tantrum for what?

She was %100 correct, and can prove it all day long.

Juan had zilch, except the vapid unsubstantiated race card, as usual.

Brian1972 on May 3, 2012 at 2:08 PM

jaydee_007 on May 3, 2012 at 1:24 PM

May 1st, as defined and created by Lenin and Co., is the WORKER’S DAY, “worker” being keyword here. Too bad the anarchist/slacker crowds missed that part of the “holiday”, most of them have never had a job to begin with. Ironic in more ways that one.

riddick on May 3, 2012 at 2:09 PM

She was %100 correct, and can prove it all day long.

Brian1972 on May 3, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Why not just go with 150%

(Fighting happens on the field, not in the trenches – one hopes!)

verbaluce on May 3, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Why not just go with 150%

(Fighting happens on the field, not in the trenches – one hopes!)

verbaluce on May 3, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Because, that would not be accurate.

You are splitting hairs and not addressing the real substance here, which is that the OWS people are idiot maniacs who want to destroy everything, and there were no violent incidents at any of the Tea Party rallies, unless some union goons showed up to “counter protest”, which to them means beat up people, bite off a finger or generally intimidate and disrupt the First Amendment rights of the Americans who organized or attended the Tea Party rally.

This is all documented with detailed on site reporting, video footage, eyewitness accounts. Michelle has been covering this stuff from day one, and it’s all chronicled at her website since 2009.

Brian1972 on May 3, 2012 at 2:17 PM

If you’re gonna call Tea Party activists RAAAACISTS…

By Michelle Malkin • May 3, 2012 12:33 AM

…you better come prepared with ammunition.

Tonight on Hannity, Juan Williams tried to deflect attention from the endemic violence and anarchy of the Occupy movement by talking about the “racism in some parts of the Tea Party” and “jokes about monkeys and the president.”

I asked him to name names.

His response? 1) You find it for me and 2) I don’t have any evidence.

No, really:

(video clip)

Williams then deflected again by talking about Tea Party activists who were “rude” to members of Congress…as if this was in any way comparable to the window-smashing, arson, rape, property destruction, railroad sabotage, thematic calls for violent revolution, murder, overthrow and anarchy, Molotov cocktail-throwing, and bridge bomb-plotting perpetrated by Occupy members and leaders from coast to coast.

Desperate to help Williams out after he failed to bring the goods, a few liberal Twitter users scrounged up this (from an elderly Orange County Republican Party official who is only described as a “Tea Party leader” by the left-wing alternative publication that broke the story) and this (from a loser Ron Paul nut who called himself a “Tea Party candidate” but had zero constituency).

Hard-working, rule of law-respecting, tax-paying, job-generating Tea Party activists are sick and tired of the smears and false equivalency between their movement and the organized, poo-flinging pawns of Occupy Wall Street.

But we knew long ago it was the only card they had to play…

Go to her post about this, follow the ample number of links she backs up herself with, and educate yourself.

Brian1972 on May 3, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Or, run away.

Brian1972 on May 3, 2012 at 2:31 PM

My opinion of Juan Williams is dropping daily.

Pablo Snooze on May 3, 2012 at 2:37 PM

They should title these segments between Michelle and the liberal punching bag of the week ‘Beauty and the Beast’.

meci on May 3, 2012 at 2:47 PM

verbaluce on May 3, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Looks like you chose to run away, again.

Brian1972 on May 3, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Michelle sort of exposes the problem with the entire debate, in my opinion. She’s articulate, fact based, and fearless as she attacks and dismantles the enemies argument. She’s out there in public getting her voice on the airwaves of those who disagree with her most vehemently. And yet, through it all, none of it matters. Any more than it would matter if some equally smart and articulate and fearless leftist were in Rush Limbaugh.

At this point, the right ignore the left and the left the right. Facts are in dispute – this isn’t even about opinions. The left has an entire alternate reality of feeling-fabricated pseudo-facts upon which they build their entire sandcastle of logic. And they can’t even see the existence of our reality.

I think Carl Sagan sort of created a great metaphor for US Politics today back in his “Cosmos” series.

Think of Leftists as the flatlanders – it really helps one understand why we can’t really communicate effectively with them.

WashingtonsWake on May 3, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Juan, try your BS on someone else. Malkin smoked you.

Sean, why be fair? They aren’t. Rush has it right. “I don’t want to understand them, I want to defeat them”

RWRFAN on May 3, 2012 at 3:11 PM

I guess it was to much to expect an informed writer taking Tina’s place. Richmond is ignorant of what anarchy is and what anarchist principles are. How hard is it to learn basic political and political-economic ideologies before one writes about them?

Tea partiers abhor violence,

If you knew anything about anarchist principles, you’d know anarchists abhor violence as well.

Dante on May 3, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Dante on May 3, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Jules Bonnot could not be reached for comment.

MadisonConservative on May 3, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Even Juan isn’t ignorant enough to think that the Tea Party and the Occu Poopers have anything in common, but what do you expect, he is a Democrat and they can’t think for themselves.

SgtRed on May 3, 2012 at 3:35 PM

That right there is whatcha call “tearin’ someone a new one”

It is amazing that Juan is so clueless that he didn’t even know it.

esnap on May 3, 2012 at 3:39 PM

This is why we still love the Boss Emeritus.

TheLastBrainLeft on May 3, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Looks like you chose to run away, again.

Brian1972 on May 3, 2012 at 2:58 PM

I just got sooooooo scared.
(Actually, just somewhat hungry.)
Look – I could link, cite, post examples of bad things and folks out of the Tea Party – but you’d just dismiss it, or say those people were ‘plants’ or the signs were ‘doctored’.
You love MM, you think she’s wicked wicked smart, and 100% right about all.
So just go with that. Don’t let me or anyone or anything ever give you doubt or make you feel you need to prove something you just know to be true.

verbaluce on May 3, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Racists in the Tea Party, maybe 1%

Do-nothing morons in Occupy: 99%

BocaJuniors on May 3, 2012 at 3:48 PM

At the end of the vid Juan knew, somewhere, that he had not aquitted himself well, and didn’t expect MM’s push-back, either. Perhaps he stepped in monkey poo and didn’t like the taste.

But truth is so very, very important and it vexes me whenever a politition says “disingenuous” or “inaccurate” or “misspoke” when that should be calling people like Williams — whom I actually like — the liar that he is.

Granted he’s a little more sanded and polished than Bob B*ckel, Ed Schutz-staffen, Piers Mangan, and Herve Villchaise Martin Bashir, but losing one’s grasp on reality is nothing new for the left.

MM is one of the few who is willing to call out a liar. Hooray.

flicker on May 3, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Delicious.

Jaibones on May 3, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Dante is trying either Argument by Definition or the No True Scotsman Ruse. Lots of Anarchists were/are violent. You just mean to TRY to say, none of the ones YOU like are/were violent.

JFKY on May 3, 2012 at 3:57 PM

PappyD61 on May 3, 2012 at 1:34 PM

It is very hard to learn anything, living in an echo chamber.

belad on May 3, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Brian1972 on May 3, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Here’s a thought –
Maybe instead of looking at all this as OWS vs TP –
maybe we can relate a little in that there were legitimate and rational concerns from decent folks in the Tea Party movement, and that message often got lost due to an unfair liberal-media fueled caricature.

And…

There are legitimate and rational concerns from decent folks in the OWS movement that often gets lost in the fevered right wing blog caricatures.

aka ‘STOP BEING RACISTS!’ vs ‘STOP RAPING PEOPLE!’

verbaluce on May 3, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Except, of course, Occupy (City) doesn’t have any coherent voice or demands, but what it does say, in it’s “Legion” of voices tends towards Whiny,Authoritarian Socialism.

JFKY on May 3, 2012 at 4:11 PM

JFKY on May 3, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Ha…yea, same thing many of you say about Obama, Pelosi, any Democrat, RINOs, David Brooks, Alec Baldwin, The Muppets, and Carnegie Hall performances.
Maybe be more selective in the wild overheated rhetoric?
The boy…the wolf…you know the story.

verbaluce on May 3, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Tea Party vs Occupy Wall Street

Really…. Juan Williams thinks they are the same? He is a better actor than anyone in Hollywood if he can keep a straight face and NOT admit that the Democrat party was so freaking trumped by the power of the true grass roots forward momentum of the Tea Party that they have literally scraped the bottom of the barrel of their base OWS to haphazardly run amok with no cohesive message or goal.

The hundreds of millions of dollars lost on trying to make the OWS group a movement is shameful….. frauds, fakes, thieves, violent, destructive, paid to protest… I could go on all day with the fakery of the OWS groups. Poor, Poor Juan…shill much?

ActinUpinTexas on May 3, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Juan, Obama and Pelosi with their DNC talking points and innuendo are no match for Michelle Malkin and her factual expression of ire and contempt. She is a jewel!

tomshup on May 3, 2012 at 4:18 PM

JFKY on May 3, 2012 at 3:57 PM

“However, anarchism has always included an individualist strain supporting a market economy and private property, or morally unrestrained egoism.] Some individualist anarchists are also socialists or communists while some anarcho-communists are also individualists.”

“Most anarchists oppose all forms of aggression, supporting self-defense or non-violence (anarcho-pacifism).”

Not the best source for info, but it works in a pinch

Dante on May 3, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Brian1972,
I’m not gonna accuse you of running away.
I know you’re…thinking about all of it.
No rush.

verbaluce on May 3, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I’m worried for Michelle. She might get Brietbarted…

elifino on May 3, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Yeah Dante LIBERTARIAN Anarchy, but that ain’t ALL of Anarchy…think Bukharin or the Anarcho-Communists in Republican Spain…so basically you define “Anarchy” in such a manner as to exclude many who called themselves Anarchists….that doesn’t mean Amarchy is peaceful, merely that you are trying make it APPEAR peaceful.

JFKY on May 3, 2012 at 4:24 PM

dogsoldier on May 3, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Not to stray *too* far off topic, but is anyone just a teensy bit disturbed by this stat?

Who/What dingbat of a on-scene commander decided putting a 5’1 *anybody* in the middle of a scrum like Riot Control duty?

Unless the LAPD is churning out Female Ninjas for its force, or using officer that are under 5’4 as Tunnel Rats for the VC living underneath Ventura Blvd, what genius decided to put her on the front line?

BlaxPac on May 3, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Oh RLY Vebaluce? So the OWS Movement has NO demands, but the demands that are published are about forgiveness of loans and expansion of the Welfare State, and the fact that so much of the Occupy Movement is avowedly SOCIALIST, that’s just overheated rhetoric? nice try….

JFKY on May 3, 2012 at 4:25 PM

When you’re fighting on behalf of the Proletariat, you don’t need any proof or evidence….er, because you’re just right, end of story.

I find it amusing that Fox News strives so hard to be “fair and balanced” by hiring Libs like Mr. Williams…they get lambasted by the Leftists anyway.

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 3, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Dr. ZhivBlago on May 3, 2012 at 4:30 PM

What has ever led you to believe Fox News strives to be fair and balanced? Because they say so?

Dante on May 3, 2012 at 4:33 PM

aka ‘STOP BEING RACISTS!’ vs ‘STOP RAPING PEOPLE!’

verbaluce on May 3, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Legitimate rational concerns like destroying our capitalist economy and replacing it with any number of socialist or communist systems where nobody is allowed to out earn anyone else because it isn’t fair.

There is nothing substantive in your response.

These people are maniacs. Idiots. Some of them are domestic terrorists, violent vandalizing rioters. You liberals own it.

“Right wing blog caricatures” are not what we are talking about here. We are talking about a massive amount of factual reporting from the scene of the crime (literally), video of these events occurring. It is all available for your perusal, whenever you wish to pull the scales off your eyes and look at it. It really happened, it wasn’t any sort of “caricature”.

Ask yourself, what are these people after? What do they want?

They have answered that question multiple times themselves over the last few months. Just listen to them, and tell me if this is what you call a legitimate movement with rational goals.

The bottom line is, Malkin was right, and can prove it. Juan was floundering with vacuous nothingburgers.

Just because you refuse to admit it, doesn’t make it untrue.

Brian1972 on May 3, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Dante on May 3, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Kinda like MSNBC strives so hard to Lean Forward, all the way forward to 1968?

Brian1972 on May 3, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Dante on May 3, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Considering thier track record vs MSNBC/CBS/NPR?

Really. Do tell more, Sage of the Ages.

BlaxPac on May 3, 2012 at 4:41 PM

JFKY on May 3, 2012 at 4:24 PM

You’re getting there. Now apply that same standard to the blog piece.

Dante on May 3, 2012 at 4:48 PM

As I recall I saw reports on Hot Air indicating most of the idiots at Tea Party rallies who held racist or Hitler signs were tied to unions or other leftist political organizations.

chickasaw42 on May 3, 2012 at 4:49 PM

BAA-AAA-AAA-AAA

Dante on May 3, 2012

CurtZHP on May 3, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Here’s a thought –
Maybe instead of looking at all this as OWS vs TP –

And…

aka ‘STOP BEING RACISTS!’ vs ‘STOP RAPING PEOPLE!’

verbaluce on May 3, 2012 at 4:04 PM

You miss the point entirely. When confronted with the actual crimes and atrocities being committed on a regular basis at these Occupy camps, Juan reached out for the 2 year old made up nothing from the liberal media about the Tea Party to change the subject away from these maniacs.

Michelle has the truth on her side here, and that has nothing to do with how much I personally admire her work over the years.

You are trying to do the same thing that Juan did, which is do the equivalence game. There is no comparison. The Tea Party has been a legitimate, peaceful political activist movement that arose organically from the grassroots as a response to Obama’s severe overreach in 2009. The debt, nationalized medicine, disregard for the Constitution and the Founding of our Nation.

Legitimate concerns, in every sense.

These occupiers, what is their concern?

Other than rioting, vandalizing, attacking the police?

Can you explain it to me?

I have heard them explain it, and their concern is that America is too free, too prosperous. Some central power isn’t repressing us all enough for their tastes.

Why do they want to “Occupy Wall Street”?

To destroy it, according to them.

Brian1972 on May 3, 2012 at 4:55 PM

The result was predictably one-sided

This is correct for at least two reasons. First of all, Michelle is smarter than just about anyone, let alone Juan. Secondly, Juan is hamstrung by his tendency to regurgitate liberal talking points that don’t make sense or can easily be refuted; Michelle just speaks the truth, and since she’s so articulate, a mediocre hack like Juan doesn’t have a chance.

Burke on May 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM

chickasaw42 on May 3, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Yep. Lyndon LaRouche whackos brought the Hitler mustache signs.

They even had the url printed on the bottom of the sign.

Brian1972 on May 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Well they do have stuff in common, but the Tea Party is non violent.

boogaleesnots on May 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Well they do have stuff in common, but the Tea Party is non violent.

boogaleesnots on May 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I don’t see much in common at all between these groups.

How they started, how they organized, what their goals are, how they plan to achieve those goals. Not much in common at all.

Brian1972 on May 3, 2012 at 5:00 PM

I love it when Michelle’s eyes get all wide and flash the death beams. If I was one of her kids and saw that, say if I hadn’t cleaned my room or something, I would just set off in a full sprint in the opposite direction.

factsonlypls on May 3, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Here is some video evidence for Juan to review before he gets too supportive of the Occupy movement:

May Day Meyhem in Oakland: Occupy Continues on Their Destructive…

The Oakland Police showed tremendous restraint!

wren on May 3, 2012 at 5:04 PM

>New media gets results: police arrest violent occupier featured in video posted at Breitbart

That is from this very website this very day.

Arrest made. That requires stuff like, ya know, evidence and witnesses and stuff.

Brian1972 on May 3, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Juan’s argument Vs Michelle’s argument. Hmmmmmmmmmm, Juan, never take a knife to a gunfight!

Art on May 3, 2012 at 5:17 PM

1. Juan needs to get a refund on the face lift.

2. Juan can not even reach to low rung Allan Colmbs was below.

3. Juan lies to himself so well he misplaced his broken mirror.

4. Juan “he who fights with the women of Fox News” got the lost going.

5. Juan, a correctly low paid stand in hack liberal.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on May 3, 2012 at 5:19 PM

And here is some video evidence of the San Francisco Tea Party in April 2012 for Juan Williams to review so he can make a more accurate comparison:

Tea Party SF 2012

Hmmm…No need for riot police at the Tea Party Rally.

Do you see the difference between Occupiers and Tea Partiers more clearly now, Juan?

wren on May 3, 2012 at 5:20 PM

But, I’ll give Juan Williams this, at least he is not a no pay at all fat ass, mean, low skunk like the liberal on the Hannity show.

That guy is so drunk on his ass dumb he lets the Fox women snap his suppenders and give him weggies nightly.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on May 3, 2012 at 5:24 PM