Elizabeth Warren: I listed myself as minority in order to make friends “with people who are like I am”

posted at 4:41 pm on May 2, 2012 by Allahpundit

Why didn’t she just say so in the first place? After all, who among us hasn’t wildly exaggerated his/her ethnicity for social purposes? Just last week, I joined an Eskimo book club by claiming that I’m 1/512th Inuit.

By “people who are like I am,” I take it she means … people who are 1/32nd Cherokee?

“I listed myself in the directory in the hopes that it might mean that I would be invited to a luncheon, a group something that might happen with people who are like I am. Nothing like that ever happened, that was clearly not the use for it and so I stopped checking it off,” said Warren…

“The only one as I understand it who’s raising any question about whether or not I was qualified for my job is Scott Brown and I think I am qualified and frankly I’m a little shocked to hear anybody raise a question about whether or not I’m qualified to hold a job teaching,” she said, pushing to put Brown on defense. “What does he think it takes for a woman to be qualified?”

“Being Native American has been part of my story I guess since the day I was born,” said Warren, who never mentioned her Native American heritage on the campaign trail even as she detailed much of her personal history to voters in speeches, statements and a video. “These are my family stories, I have lived in a family that has talked about Native American and talked about tribes since I was a little girl.”

The baseless accusation of sexism against Brown is a nice touch. I thought she’d leave it to her campaign spokesman to shovel shinola like that, but it’s better that she does it herself. If you’re willing to exaggerate your ancestry to claim vicarious racial victimhood, why wouldn’t you smear Scott Brown to claim gender victimhood too?

Riddle me this. If it was all about making Native American friends in order to get in touch with her roots, why’d she keep up the “minority” listing in that professional directory for fully nine years (1986-1995)? She says she stopped checking it off because the hoped-for socializing never happened, but that’s not a conclusion that should take nine years to arrive at. Also, if she was serious enough about discovering her Cherokee ancestry that she’d describe herself as minority in a faculty listing, she must have been reaching out to the Cherokee community in her spare time too. Makes no sense that the professional listing would be her only attempt to befriend this group of people. So what else did she do in that vein? If the answer’s “nothing,” then it becomes awfully hard to believe this was anything more than her way of adding a diversity credential to her CV.

Second look at Martha Coakley?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

See, according to lib logic, it’s not what you actually are that counts, it’s what you feel that you are. Kind of like the whole transgender thing. To them, this poor woman simply needs some racial re-assignment surgery. Courtesy of the US taxpayer, natch

WhatSlushfund on May 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM

So we are to believe that Elizabeth Warren couldn’t make any Liberal Phony friends without making up stories about her ancestry??

This is beyond lame: both for Warren AND her pool of potential “friends”!!

landlines on May 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Holy crap! This just gets better by the minute:

Warren features Obama in new campaign ad
The ad shows Obama introducing Warren as “a janitor’s daughter” and crediting her with coming up with the idea for the consumer bureau. It closes with Warren asserting that “the big banks tried to stop us but that new agency is already working to cut the fine print and hold those banks accountable.”

Wow what timing!

dogsoldier on May 2, 2012 at 6:40 PM

How long before she does all of her events in buck skins and a headdress?

Punchenko on May 2, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Lie to get ahead with the unearned moral superiority being a minority grants and then lie again to make yourself the victim for more unearned moral superiority.

Grunt on May 2, 2012 at 6:43 PM

She looks so lost in that photo. It must be so hard, being 1/32nd of a minority (if she’s that). She doesn’t seem to know who she really is. Poor thing. The Senate is the wrong place for her to work out these issues.

theCork on May 2, 2012 at 6:46 PM

“Liar! Liar! Pants on fire!”
/Scott Brown

Khun Joe on May 2, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Elizabeth Warren = Summer’s Eve

pain train on May 2, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Faux-manche

steebo77 on May 2, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Faux-cahontas.

Gold.

Ugly on May 2, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Wiki says

she graduated in 1970 with a degree in speech pathology and audiology, hoping specifically to work with brain-injured children

If she’s elected, she’ll finally achieve her dream.

faraway on May 2, 2012 at 6:53 PM

WhatSlushfund on May 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM

@WhatSlushfund: I think you’ve hit on something.

Perhaps the Liberals also use “class reassignment surgery” to transform “rich college kids with nothing to do” into groups of “poor kids” camping in parks, carrying depraved and/or silly signs, defecating in public, applying for unemployment, and eating at soup kitchens.

landlines on May 2, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Keep digging, Elizabeth, just keep digging.

The hole is getting deeper!

Gothguy on May 2, 2012 at 6:55 PM

When she signs up for her share of Casino income then we’ll know she’s serious about her tribal heritage.

…..did she?

Did I miss that?

PappyD61 on May 2, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Democrite Mis-speak 101

FlaMurph on May 2, 2012 at 6:56 PM

was it the batshit crazy moonbats or the amoral scuzzball crowd?

deimos on May 2, 2012 at 7:01 PM

In her defense, the Harvard faculty luncheons are difficult to get invited to unless you are, you know, faculty.

Lily on May 2, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Elizabeth Warren, Cherokee Nation: when merely being a woman isn’t affirmative enough.

My (real) name is 100% Cherokee which makes me more Cherokee than Elizabeth Warren.

SukieTawdry on May 2, 2012 at 7:05 PM

“Above all else, the Devil cannot stand to be mocked.” – C.S. Lewis.

Hmmm, might Elizabeth Warren be about to find out about this first hand … http://bit.ly/qVdDUt

ombdz on May 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Elizabeth Warren is a liar and a poseur.

So she fits the historical profile of a senator from Massachusetts.

novaculus on May 2, 2012 at 4:47 PM

And a POTUS from Kenya.

bofh on May 2, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Warren simply erred in the tribe to which she belongs. She’s not Cherokee, she’s Hekawi.

malclave on May 2, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Is Elizabeth Warren the woman who said that her two heroes were Mao and Sister Theresa? Or was that some other lib? She looks just like that person so I wasn’t sure.

JellyToast on May 2, 2012 at 7:14 PM

You mean, liars?

NoFanofLibs on May 2, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Isn’t she pathetic that she didn’t even anticipate this obvious response??

Which begs the question: “but was she successful, AP?”

rwenger43 on May 2, 2012 at 7:20 PM

WhatSlushfund on May 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM

@WhatSlushfund: I think you’ve hit on something.

landlines on May 2, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Here’s a great example of a upper-middle class girl with (allegedly) two degrees from Cornell, who will definitely need “racial reassignment surgery.” Allidunce from Townhall:

AllisonDemandsJustice Wrote: 1 hour ago (1:04 PM):

How would I know? I am unfortunately all white.

Then, she’s reminded that she once wrote this:

Allidunce wrote a year ago:

We [non-whites] will be back bigger and better and stronger and we will bury you.

To which, she replies with pure psychobabble…

AllisonDemandsJustice Wrote: 4 hours ago (2:27 PM):

Not really. I am white, but only genetically. In heart and in spirit I stand with the oppressed.

She FEELS non-white; thus, she IS non-white and one of the “oppressed.”

I tell you there is a pandemic of Alliduncism on the Left.

**eyeroll**

Resist We Much on May 2, 2012 at 7:22 PM

So there wasn’t a box marked “Complete Idiot”?

Frank Drebin on May 2, 2012 at 7:39 PM

If Elizabeth Warren is native American, then Preezy is a straight-up cracker.

Continuity.

CantCureStupid on May 2, 2012 at 7:41 PM

So there wasn’t a box marked “Complete Idiot”?

Frank Drebin on May 2, 2012 at 7:39 PM

That’s not considered a minority for liberals.

malclave on May 2, 2012 at 7:42 PM

This type of pathetic snivelling does all professional women a disservice because it taints us by association. No one is attacking her because she’s a woman. A man that did the same thing should be criticized the same way.

talkingpoints on May 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM

He was his name is Ward Churchill.

Dr Evil on May 2, 2012 at 7:48 PM

YOU LIE!

How long until the lies upon lies upon lies catch up with em? 2 months? 4 months? November?

American MedUSA, are you listening?

jersey taxpayer on May 2, 2012 at 7:59 PM

She has GOT to keep answering these questions. The material coming out of her mouth is comic gold. And, I think (hope) there will be a tiny amount of fallout to other libs.

sdbatboy on May 2, 2012 at 8:05 PM

malclave on May 2, 2012 at 7:12 PM

So there wasn’t a box marked “Complete Idiot”?

Frank Drebin on May 2, 2012 at 7:39 PM

OMG. ROFLMAO. Thanks, guys, I needed that.

College Prof on May 2, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I’m sure she means people like her who, when applying for slots, covered all the angles, crossed the t’s, dotted the i’s, to make sure those real minorities had no chance of taking “her” space.

bflat879 on May 2, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Every single person in the country should do this. Use this to destroy the plague of A-A forever. Claim that you are black.

slickwillie2001 on May 2, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I spent three years in Indian Guides from 1969 through 1971. Does that make me eligible to be a member of the tribe too lady?

-Little Thunderbird

DrW on May 2, 2012 at 8:28 PM

malclave on May 2, 2012 at 7:12 PM

in fact she is a member of the ‘lost tribe’..the Fukawis.

folks for years and years have been wondering…

Where the Fukawi?

DrW on May 2, 2012 at 8:31 PM

JellyToast on May 2, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Nope. Anita Dunn. Who was outed by Glenn Beck. At the time I think she was WH communications director. Her husband is Robert Bauer, who was/is (?) Barky’s lawyer. Since leaving the WH, I think she’s at SKDKnickerbocker, the PR firm that represents Sandra Fluke, and also employs Hillary Rosen.

The proggie world is such a tight little incestuous community…

bofh on May 2, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Suddenly I have a cunning plan for joining the UNICORNS ONLY SOCIETY…

Jeddite on May 2, 2012 at 4:48 PM

You’re 1/32 horny, right?

Archivarix on May 2, 2012 at 8:54 PM

JellyToast on May 2, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Her two heroes were Geronimo and Sitting Bull.

galtani on May 2, 2012 at 8:55 PM

in fact she is a member of the ‘lost tribe’..the Fukawis.

folks for years and years have been wondering…

Where the Fukawi?

DrW on May 2, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I disagree, I think her tribe is the ” Fukallyall” !

bluemarlin on May 2, 2012 at 8:57 PM

So, being 1/32 Injun makes Warren a minority, but being 1/4 Hispanic and 1/8 black (or whatever he is — something like that) makes George Zimmerman…a racist honky!

Glad we cleared that up.

Paging Gregor Mendel!

Zombie on May 2, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Doesn’t everybody remember? When Cher announced that she was 1/16th Cherokee, every single little girl in America also wanted to be 1/16 Cherokee — heck, most thought that the tribe was named after her (why else would they be called the Cherokee?)

Elizabeth Warren is approximately the right age to have been caught up in the “I wanna be Cherokee like Cher!” phase in American teeny-bopper history. The only difference is, most girls grew out of it, but Warren didn’t. It was the ultimate badge of coolness in the late ’60s/early ’70s to claim to be part Indian. In those days, dudes joined the Weather Underground; chicks changed their names to Sasheen Littlefeather. It has always been thus.

Zombie on May 2, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Whatever! We do not want or need her in the U.S. Senate, and she will fall far short.

Amazingoly on May 2, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Wait! So I’m allowed to claim minority status on a job application just because I want to sit at the cool table for lunch? I had no idea it was so easy!!

I’m going back to my employer in the morning and claming I’m 50% Native American, 20% Black, 35% Asian, 14% Latino and 19% Swedish. (The Swedish is so my hair and eyes seem more appropriate…)

Foolish child. She’s not qualified because she’s just admitted to lying for YEARS.

axshon on May 2, 2012 at 9:18 PM

A total phony?

minnesoter on May 2, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Zombie on May 2, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Is that also why so many liberals are gypsies, tramps, and thieves?

No offense to gypsies intended.

malclave on May 2, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I spent some time in the Navy, which qualifies me as a Professional BS’er.

This woman, though, is the absolute, undisputed Queen of BS. I am humbled. I may never BS again, having been shown how high the standard has been set.

BobMbx on May 2, 2012 at 9:29 PM

axshon on May 2, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Check all the boxes. Update your Facebook profile. Prepare for the 2020 census.

I predict many new friends in your future.

BobMbx on May 2, 2012 at 9:33 PM

If we use Bob Torricelli as a guide, the Democrats, in Massachusetts, probably have the bus warming up right now. Will they play the Kennedy Card? They have a Kennedy lining up for Barney Frank’s House seat, it seems that’s all they have. How long will it be before Kennedy is the same as Lodge (as in Henry Cabot Lodge)?

bflat879 on May 2, 2012 at 9:43 PM

It’s fun to see Warren squirm on the defensive and be made to look silly. She richly deserves it after that facile and simplistic lecture on good government and fair taxation.

But really, what’s the big deal? Of course she’s qualified to teach at Harvard — that isn’t saying much. For every law faculty position, elite or third-tier, there are hundreds of perfectly qualified lawyers who would drop what they’re doing to come teach.

So Warren needed some way to distinguish herself from the other qualified applicants. Yes, she got an advantage because of that one drop of Cherokee blood. But so what?

What the episode reveals is that diversity hiring is a farce. Otherwise, this is a non-issue.

Jack Squat Bupkis on May 2, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Lets provide clarity in her statement:

“I listed myself in the directory in the hopes that it lying about my ancestry might mean that I would be invited to a luncheon, a group something that might happen with people who are like I am. Nothing like that ever happened, that was clearly not the use for it the lie and so I stopped checking it off lying,” said Warren…

BobMbx on May 2, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Looking at things the way she would want, Harvard would have to maintain a certain minimum number of minorities on staff. Warren’s lying about her minority status, prevented an actual minority from getting a job at Harvard. This is someone who was harmed by warren, and is actually stealing. Targeting this minority person could actually be a hate crime.

Spock of Tralfamadore on May 2, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Harvard is a festering boil on America.

That school should not get one cent of federal funds. They can be racists and count skins all they want – it’s their right as a private institution, but they can’t have any government funds to help them do so. That school needs to be cut off before it destroys America. It almost has, already.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 2, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I know of MANY stories in which academics have blatantly fabricated minority status in order to land jobs. What Warren did happens ALL THE TIME.

Two examples that leap to mind:

Someone I know has always listed herself as being of “Middle Eastern” descent, because she was born in Iran.

And it is true — she was born in Iran.

That’s because her father was a Chevron engineer stationed in Tehran for a few months back in the ’60; he brought his pregnant wife with him, and she gave birth prematurely while there (she had originally planned to return home before the due date). So — the baby was technically born in Iran — even though she is is of 100% Swedish ancestry. Blonde hair, blue eyes, long legs — the whole shebang.

Doesn’t matter. She has flashed around that Iranian birth certificate her whole life, and used it as a passport to academic cushiness.

Another true tale:

Someone I know was on the hiring committee at an Ivy league University, in one of those bogus liberal arts departments — Gender Studies, something like that.

The committee gathered very excitedly to discuss a possible new hire — a transgender professor! Everyine was palpably orgasmic with delight. This person was going to get voted in unanimously, regardless of qualifications.

Then the candidate walked in. The candidate claimed to have been born a woman, who then “transitioned” to become a man. And sure enough, “he” looked like some grotesque mishmosh of genders. But my friend became suspicious about certain mannerisms and speech patterns and physical characteristics. After the meeting my friend did some deep research on this person, and discovered that it was a man pretending to be a woman who had had a sex-change operation to being a man.

In other words — it was just a dude. But by claiming to have been born female, he was suddenly the pinnacle of academic desirability.

Guess what happened? My friend brought his evidence to the committee, and was roundly accused of insenstivity and transphobia, and was kicked off the committee. They would have fired him for bigotry, but he had tenure and was untouchable.

The faux-tranny was hired, and is a professor today — despite being totally incompetent on every level.

This is the milieu that Elizabeth Warren works in. It’s perfectly understandable that she’d lie through her teeth to acquire minority status. It is the only route to success any more.

Zombie on May 2, 2012 at 10:33 PM

How about “sociopath?”

rgranger on May 2, 2012 at 10:35 PM

That’s because there’s nothing so overtly and stupidly racist as a university hiring committee. Add to that the total lack of ethics or integrity of leftists and you get lots of racial liars.

People who have never dealt with a university hiring committee have NO IDEA how twisted things really are.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on May 2, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Spock of Tralfamadore on May 2, 2012 at 10:07 PM

ANYONE who applied for a position at Harvard at the time she was hired who is an ACTUAL minority should find a lawyer.

She’s got bucks (the monetary kind) and she got them by stealing it from someone by deception.

They should sue her for everything she’s got.

Isn’t that how the grievance industry works?

Lily on May 2, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Smart tards today would be wise to claim being 1/32nd Sunni Muslim. Someone questions you, threaten their life and thereby prove your claim. Then everyone licks your taint for sacred information and to show you respect. You are golden. Unstoppable.

BL@KBIRD on May 2, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Liberals/Democrats and their “one drop” rule. Goes way back.

minnesoter on May 2, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I thought Murkowski was bad in front of a camera, but step aside, Murky.

williampeck1958 on May 2, 2012 at 11:31 PM

There was a college friend originally from Brisbane who checked the usual “Whitey” box first time he took the SAT. The usual feedback arrived from several serious colleges. On a whim he decided to check the “Pacific Islander” box when he retook the SAT. Second time around his mailbox literally gets flooded with all sorts of set-asides offers, special treatment programs, freebies etc.

We know why you checked the minority box, Elizabeth Warren. That friend of mine got into that college on genuine merit but he realized how easily by checking a set-asides box that actual merit for admission could become as irrelevant for him as it was for Zero at Harvard.

viking01 on May 2, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Well, then, shouldn’t you have just written “hypocrite”?

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on May 2, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Nothing like conviction to say “I guess” when referring to oneself.

John Kettlewell on May 3, 2012 at 12:19 AM

This is the caucasian version of the “race card.”

ravenhairedmaid on May 3, 2012 at 12:57 AM

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

~Vonnegut

Sometimes, I pretend I am All-Being Master of Time, Space, and Dimension. But only on days ending with “day.” And just to make friends with people who are like me.

Christien on May 3, 2012 at 1:03 AM

I’m 1/16th Cherokee and I have never claimed to be a minority. My great, great grandfather died on the reservation.

Curse my Conservative values, I could have been an Affirmative Action success story!

(that last line is known as sarcastic humor. I figured I would point that out before the resident libtard trolls get their panties in a wad…)

Wolftech on May 3, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Is that also why so many liberals are gypsies, tramps, and thieves?

No offense to gypsies intended.

malclave on May 2, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Must we always pick on the democrat’s politician’s construct like this?

Don L on May 3, 2012 at 5:57 AM

I could pretend I’m Latin, 6′-2″ and slender, but I’d have to cover all the mirrors in my house to even have a prayer of believing it. Even then, I still couldn’t reach the top pantry shelf without a step-stool. Warren is an idiot and MA probably deserves her. Too bad the rest of us don’t.

swinia sutki on May 3, 2012 at 6:04 AM

The only thing that would make this woman’s campaign any worse is if she drowned someone in her car.

Spots the Dog on May 3, 2012 at 6:24 AM

It could be true. Wasn’t there a story about a pale-skinned, retarded Cherokee squaw ‘Kicked-In-The Head Loon’?

MaiDee on May 3, 2012 at 6:32 AM

And you made it to Harvard. Mission accomplished.

Bitter Clinger on May 3, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Via Drudge: Grandfather ‘Had High Cheekbones Like All the Indians Do’…

Bwahahahaaa. This just gets funnier and funnier.

petefrt on May 3, 2012 at 8:53 AM

like many emotionally immature mary martyr sorts who take to politics( and it needs to be stressed- like persons with NPD and women are more apt to exhibit the selfless martyr form of narcissistic disorder) she has an undying need to highly personalize every single issue so they can be used to draw attention to herself and gain the ego accessories( aka narcissistic supplies) she wants for herself. since president Precious’s election ushered in a brand new age of absurdist race hustling and red liz is as lily white as they come, she needed some way to transform herself into a minority on par with dear dear leader- so she could be a victim too beyond just the female oppressed person that the liberals themselves outrageously oppress so it doesn’t really count. that and she used it to get ahead in the irrational and damaged pc world of academentia.

her reaction and that of her campaign is pure, untainted NPD- no ability to self reflect or take responsibility for her petty, despicable use of faux ‘minority’ status to obtain special consideration for herself. don’t expect any honesty about any of her actions (like helping big bad wealthy insurance companies deny claims to people sickened by asbestos while claiming to have created OWS.) or apology to any actual minorities who may have been denied positions so princess paleface could make all the right friends (because shallow WASPy aholes think having indian or black friends make them cool and boiling over with brotherly love- and make them not really as ensconced in white privilege as their non-liberal peers.).whatever she may have done it will always be someone else’s fault or an excuse to blame them for something, really anything, to distract from her malfeasance or duplicity.

because she’s liz, damn it, it shouldn’t matter if she’s 1/50th or 1/2 american indian. she’s a special snow flake and deserves special privilege at all times because she’s better than you . her vast sense of entitlement allows her the right to use any means necessary to get what she wants. she’s doing it for you, the little people after all, not herself…

king barry is the more overt type of narcissist whereas princess poops on iron horse is covert. calling it sexism to challenge her political use and perhaps abuse of ethnic identity is more chaos manufacturing bs meant to defocus the subject at hand- her questionable ethics and questionable integrity. she’s a self absorbed, partisan ideologue and a user- and that’s what she would be in office.

“Distraction dynamics are often a defensive reaction on the part of the NPD person to avoid an issue that he or she would rather not address. Defocusing the subject by bringing up a counter complaint is probably the most common form of distraction. If you are not prepared and ready to stay calm and firmly stand your ground, you will quickly be pulled into the escalation of action-reaction.”

Eleanor Payson. The Wizard of Oz and Other Narcissists: Coping with the One-Way Relationship in Work, Love, and Family (Kindle Locations 480-482). Kindle Edition.

mittens on May 3, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Let me see if I understand this… There is a directory of minorities where you check off your race so that others of your race will contact you to be friends and go to luncheons???
Where to being… Are we to believe that minorities can only befriend other minorities of the same race, so this directory was created to help minorities make friends?

Are we to believe that minorities are in such small numbers that to find other minorities they cannot just go to a gym, bar, store, mall, church, etc? instead they must go to a minority registry?

Professor X would be displeased, this sounds like the makings of a mutant registry, lol. This makes no sense to me at all.

jeffn21 on May 3, 2012 at 9:13 AM

mittens on May 3, 2012 at 9:00 AM

From what you are saying, it sounds like she grew up in the “everybody gets a trophy” day and age where sports no longer keep scores.

jeffn21 on May 3, 2012 at 9:15 AM

She has shown such courage. Not every rich white person would claim to be a minority, knowing how other white people would treat her. Ms. Warren wanted to live the hardscrabble life of a minority so she would understand their experiences. That has prepared her to be a formidable senator, and one all Massachussettians should be proud to call their own. Maybe I will make it as a Democrat strategist, after all!

tdarrington on May 3, 2012 at 9:16 AM

What I don’t get is why AP put a photo of Harry Reid in a wig on a story about this Warren woman.

Lost in Jersey on May 3, 2012 at 9:16 AM

We all know about “undocumented workers.” Now we have Elizabeth Warren, the undocumented Indian.

– Howie Carr, Boston Herald

Now, that is a funny line. Howie Carr has always been fun to read and to listen to. He is one of the things I miss from days in Boston. Another one to watch from Boston is a guy named Michael Graham.

As for Warren, this is a big deal because people really hate people who lie about thier background to game the system. It is not as bad as lying abouot being in Vietnam, but it is in the same ballpark. This is especially true for liberals who spend time and energy defending affirmative action against claims that the system can be gamed. She will lose a poitn or two from her own base, as well as a couple of points from independants. This is going to cost her the election.

RedSoxNation on May 3, 2012 at 9:21 AM

They say the human race started in Africa, right? That makes us all African-Americans. Affirmative action, here I come!

The Rogue Tomato on May 3, 2012 at 9:26 AM

She’s a law professor at Harvard and this is the best defense she can come up with? Maybe she’s angling for the solicitor general job. I understand the current job holder is on thin ice.

Kissmygrits on May 3, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Hell, if she wanted to “make friends” with people who are like her (manipulative, duplicitous and controlling) all she hadda do is join the Democrat Party, which she did. Problem sovled.

Marxism is for dummies on May 3, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Wiki says

If she’s elected, she’ll finally achieve her dream.

faraway on May 2, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Apparently Warren has achieved her goal: Most of her speech these days is pathological!!

landlines on May 3, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Faux-cahontas.

Freaking awesome :)

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on May 3, 2012 at 10:53 AM

This woman is in desperate need of a luncheon.

I wonder if it would help if a lot of concerned people signed her up on all kinds of lists?

Not that I am suggesting anyone actually DO that…just wondering if it would help?

trapeze on May 3, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Faux-cahontas.

Gold.

Ugly on May 2, 2012 at 6:52 PM

and
Faux-cahontas.

Freaking awesome :)

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on May 3, 2012 at 10:53 AM

My Comment : It is, but it’s Michelle’s doing btw
She had it on her site before anyone else

Hail Michelle, she’ss the Best
And I still pray for Marizela!

take care all
Jean

Gauthijm on May 3, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Via Drudge: Grandfather ‘Had High Cheekbones Like All the Indians Do’…

_________________________________________________

You know, The Onion does a great job with this kinda stuff.

Oh wait….

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on May 3, 2012 at 11:31 AM

AllisonDemandsJustice Wrote: 4 hours ago (2:27 PM):

She FEELS non-white; thus, she IS non-white and one of the “oppressed.”

I tell you there is a pandemic of Alliduncism on the Left.

**eyeroll**

Resist We Much on May 2, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I’m reminded of “The Jungle Book” by Kipling, more succinctly, “The Walking Song of the Bandar-Log”, where the monkees state that by saying they are something, they really are. Kipling was giving a not-so-subtle jab at Communism, an idea sweeping Europe at the time.

His writings stand the test of time, and its content is one of the reasons he’s passed off as a figure of the British’ failed imperialism.

itsspideyman on May 3, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Poor Lizzy. She has to lie to get her clone to go to lunch with her? Gotta give her credit for knowing her own charms.

Portia46 on May 3, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Of course she’s native American. She’s from the Whatafraud Tribe of the Big Whitelie Confederation.

EdmundBurke247 on May 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Doc Zero nails the critical aspects of this story, as usual.

Warren’s core idea is that “nobody got rich on their own.” Everyone takes advantage of public resources, so the State has an unlimited moral claim upon all of the population’s wealth…. People who “game the system” are evil, even if they’re not actually doing anything unscrupulous!

Eventually, a Cherokee great-great-great-grandmother was discovered, and she was certified 3 percent Indian… which brings us back to the rock-hard socialism that made her a liberal phenomenon in the first place. What would she say about a businessman who scored tax deductions based upon an absurd claim of politically favored racial ancestry? How would she have responded to an initial defense of “How dare you question me!”

Socialists love to divide people into different classes. It’s the ruling class we should be worried about. They’ll always have plenty of reasons for why the rules they impose upon you should not apply to them. Their rage at those who seek to play the system for personal advantage will always be highly selective.

AesopFan on May 3, 2012 at 4:04 PM

This story of Ms. Warren’s scant Native American ancestry, reminded me of a story that circulated fairly briefly in 2008 regarding the genealogy of Obama Sr. folk who investigated that topic supposedly discovered that, going back several generations, Obama Sr.’s ancestors were almost entirely of Arabic descent and not actually “Black” Africans. The upshot was that Barry was about as “Black” as Ms. Warren is Native American. The story never developed any legs because at about the same time Barry’s minions began to promote and deride “The Birther Conspiracy” meme.
In this context Barry’s lenghthy games in regard to his BC have always been curious, since the controversy could have been settled so easily at any time. I have always suspected that they kept it going as a distraction, and that perhaps what they were trying to distract from was this story. Imagine what the reaction would be in the black community if they came to realize that all they really achieved with their obsessive support of the Bamster was not to elect the first Black President, but the first Arab American President.
I didn’t keep a link to stories originally and Google seems to have done a good job of disappearing most of them, but I did find this

There were much better versions at the time, but I lack the patience to sift through the mountains of anti Birther bilge to try to find them.

djaces on May 3, 2012 at 7:10 PM

She looks as Indian as Helen Thomas.

theaddora on May 4, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Yes, but we are talking about Massachusetts here. A place that saw fit to elect Ted Kennedy 6 (or was it 7?) times. And keeps electing John Kerry.

Bitter Clinger on May 2, 2012 at 5:12 PM