Elizabeth Warren: I listed myself as minority in order to make friends “with people who are like I am”

posted at 4:41 pm on May 2, 2012 by Allahpundit

Why didn’t she just say so in the first place? After all, who among us hasn’t wildly exaggerated his/her ethnicity for social purposes? Just last week, I joined an Eskimo book club by claiming that I’m 1/512th Inuit.

By “people who are like I am,” I take it she means … people who are 1/32nd Cherokee?

“I listed myself in the directory in the hopes that it might mean that I would be invited to a luncheon, a group something that might happen with people who are like I am. Nothing like that ever happened, that was clearly not the use for it and so I stopped checking it off,” said Warren…

“The only one as I understand it who’s raising any question about whether or not I was qualified for my job is Scott Brown and I think I am qualified and frankly I’m a little shocked to hear anybody raise a question about whether or not I’m qualified to hold a job teaching,” she said, pushing to put Brown on defense. “What does he think it takes for a woman to be qualified?”

“Being Native American has been part of my story I guess since the day I was born,” said Warren, who never mentioned her Native American heritage on the campaign trail even as she detailed much of her personal history to voters in speeches, statements and a video. “These are my family stories, I have lived in a family that has talked about Native American and talked about tribes since I was a little girl.”

The baseless accusation of sexism against Brown is a nice touch. I thought she’d leave it to her campaign spokesman to shovel shinola like that, but it’s better that she does it herself. If you’re willing to exaggerate your ancestry to claim vicarious racial victimhood, why wouldn’t you smear Scott Brown to claim gender victimhood too?

Riddle me this. If it was all about making Native American friends in order to get in touch with her roots, why’d she keep up the “minority” listing in that professional directory for fully nine years (1986-1995)? She says she stopped checking it off because the hoped-for socializing never happened, but that’s not a conclusion that should take nine years to arrive at. Also, if she was serious enough about discovering her Cherokee ancestry that she’d describe herself as minority in a faculty listing, she must have been reaching out to the Cherokee community in her spare time too. Makes no sense that the professional listing would be her only attempt to befriend this group of people. So what else did she do in that vein? If the answer’s “nothing,” then it becomes awfully hard to believe this was anything more than her way of adding a diversity credential to her CV.

Second look at Martha Coakley?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

You know, by now I really pity that woman. So inept and helpless…

Valkyriepundit on May 2, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Eric Holder to the white courtesy phone.

CurtZHP on May 2, 2012 at 4:43 PM

That’s why I go to all those Black Panther meetings. But they never believe me when I say I’m 1/256th Yoruba.

Good Solid B-Plus on May 2, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Based on her politics, you’d think she would have written down “North Korean” in the racial box.

jon1979 on May 2, 2012 at 4:45 PM

This is exactly the situation where if a Republican did this, it’d be straight to the woodshed. I hate the media.

IR-MN on May 2, 2012 at 4:45 PM

My kids are 1/8 Cherokee… and we don’t care… because we’re all 100% American.

mankai on May 2, 2012 at 4:45 PM

You mean there are more like her..?

d1carter on May 2, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Liz, Liz, Liz…

It’s an old scam, everybody knows about it. Dissemble much?

mojo on May 2, 2012 at 4:46 PM

To think I was actually worried about this race.

It has to be maddening to be a Massachusetts Democrat that should win every election like it was lay up, and yet they keep running the most incompetent politicians on Earth.

BradTank on May 2, 2012 at 4:46 PM

huh???!!

congma on May 2, 2012 at 4:46 PM

You mean, liars?

NoFanofLibs on May 2, 2012 at 4:46 PM

“What does he think it takes for a woman to be qualified?”…

I dunno…, maybe being honest perhaps?

parke on May 2, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Too bad this isn’t an election year…

Seven Percent Solution on May 2, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I had my DNA traced and I’m 1/500,000 African.

darwin on May 2, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Keep digging, Lizzy!

AZCoyote on May 2, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Stop lying.

forest on May 2, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Elizabeth Warren is a liar and a poseur.

So she fits the historical profile of a senator from Massachusetts.

novaculus on May 2, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Liberalism IS Truly a mental disorder.

RockyJ. on May 2, 2012 at 4:47 PM

WALOC.

coldwarrior on May 2, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Socialists lie all the time and sometimes they get caught up in their web of lies.

darwin on May 2, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Eric Holder to the white courtesy phone.

CurtZHP on May 2, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Holder never answers the white phone.

SirGawain on May 2, 2012 at 4:47 PM

She wanted to meet up with people like her – other frauds? There already is a place for them to meet. It’s called prison.

NavyMom on May 2, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I was an indian princess at our YMCA when I was a little girl. Can I claim minority status?

earlgrey133 on May 2, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Second look at Martha Coakley?

Serenity Now!

BigGator5 on May 2, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Second look at Martha Coakley?

Good God no.

And I never get invited to any Martian parties, even though I’m 0/32th Martian.

rbj on May 2, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Elizabeth Warren is the only one who truly understands Obama’s mixed-race angst.

Good Solid B-Plus on May 2, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Suddenly I have a cunning plan for joining the UNICORNS ONLY SOCIETY

Jeddite on May 2, 2012 at 4:48 PM

i can’t stand liars. this is so stupid.

IR-MN on May 2, 2012 at 4:45 PM

me too!! why isn’t the media calling her out on her BS?!

Sachiko on May 2, 2012 at 4:48 PM

This is a fraudulent excuse from a fraudulent person.

“What does he think it takes for a woman to be qualified?”…

You tell us Horse Face McFraudster. Why did you feel you had to lie in order to earn extra affirmative action cred if you were so super, duper qualified to teach post-modernist Marxist theory?

NotCoach on May 2, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Second look at Martha Coakley?

I thought Coakley was the worst candidate in the world, and that Brown got ridiculously lucky to be matched against her. I figured the MA democrats would get a sharp candidate for this cycle to regain “Ted Kennedy’s seat”, and that Brown wouldn’t have a chance.

Looks like I was wrong. Looks like they found a candidate who is even worse than Coakley, a feat that I thought impossible – a feat that should be impossible.

Rebar on May 2, 2012 at 4:48 PM

A question and a comment.

Does everyone here know the ancestry of your great, great, great grandmother? Or even her name? I don’t.

However, if I were to discover that she was French, I don’t think I’d go around telling people I’m French. Or listing myself as French so I could get invited to some events with “people like I am.”

I have an acquaintance who dresses in his clan’s Scot kilt now and then, at semi-formal events. I think it looks funny but I get it. Are there any photos of Elizabeth Warren dancing at a Native American reunion, in Native American garb, so as to “celebrate” her heritage?

IndieDogg on May 2, 2012 at 4:49 PM

So, caught with her hand in the cookie Jar, she respondes ” But I didn’t take any !!”
( wiping crumbs from hand)

Jabberwock on May 2, 2012 at 4:49 PM

You mean, liars?

NoFanofLibs on May 2, 2012 at 4:46 PM

It makes sense, right?

She wanted to meet other liars, so she joined the Democratic party.

Good Solid B-Plus on May 2, 2012 at 4:49 PM

One time, me and my friend had to pretend we were females and we cross-dressed to get an apartment in the women-only building.
Can you imagine the hijinxs that ensued?

St Gaudens on May 2, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Poccajokus

Oil Can on May 2, 2012 at 4:49 PM

C’mon Massachusetts, send her packing back to the reservation.

jazzuscounty on May 2, 2012 at 4:50 PM

She should have joined the Ward Churchill Club.

Cicero43 on May 2, 2012 at 4:50 PM

My kids are 1/8 Cherokee… and we don’t care… because we’re all 100% American.

mankai on May 2, 2012 at 4:45 PM

None of us care. We only care that your children don’t grow up to become Communist loving frauds.

NotCoach on May 2, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Hey Truecon purists: Scott Brown looks better and better every day, huh?

vegconservative on May 2, 2012 at 4:50 PM

By “people who are like I am,” I take it she means …

Lying 1%rs with delusions of grandeur that justify totalitarian impulses to run other people’s lives through the power of an all powerful state?

I thinks she’s 1/32nd Margaret Sanger styled Eugenicist.

DANEgerus on May 2, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Cambridge in a nutshell.

JeremiahJohnson on May 2, 2012 at 4:50 PM

If anyone buys this, their voting privileges should be revoked forever.

aniptofar on May 2, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I once drove a Jeep Cherokee.
How about a cut of those Casino profits,Chief?

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on May 2, 2012 at 4:51 PM

1/32nd breed

J_Crater on May 2, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Eric Holder to the white courtesy phone.

CurtZHP on May 2, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Raaaaaaaacist!

KingGold on May 2, 2012 at 4:51 PM

She’s 1/345th Cherokee & 1/1 Fraud.

portlandon on May 2, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Bless her heart, poor thing has NO friends like her so she has to go out and make up friends? This gal is really getting to be a joke? See if you can get your ‘friend’ bho to be your best friend and help out your election liz?
L

letget on May 2, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Can you imagine the hijinxs that ensued?

St Gaudens on May 2, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I hope he was your bosom buddy, because I don’t think you could have pulled it off otherwise.

NotCoach on May 2, 2012 at 4:51 PM

So she’s racist and segregationist. Hm.

MadisonConservative on May 2, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Princess Running Her Mouth.

vityas on May 2, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Can’t really fault her logic. In college I was invited to join the Society of Women Engineers and I happily obliged. All the engineering societies has BOS parties and they needed someone to hoist their keg for them. And since the civils were usually the first to float theirs, it was always good to have that in reserve as well.

To this day I get mailings from them too.

DanMan on May 2, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Ah, the prisons that identity politics can put oneself in.

Bitter Clinger on May 2, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I joined the Young Scandinavian Women’s Support Organization for the Management of Nymphomania for exactly the same reason.

Cicero43 on May 2, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Lying liar lying…

Gohawgs on May 2, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Eric Holder to the white courtesy phone.

CurtZHP on May 2, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Barack Insane Obama and Eric Holder to the White courtesy phones.

Jaibones on May 2, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Guess there wasn’t a Marxist box to check at Hahhvurd. Or is that a given?

HumpBot Salvation on May 2, 2012 at 4:54 PM

A woman has never been elected Senator of Massachusetts. I’m starting to realize why.

GOPRanknFile on May 2, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Hey, Allah.

Remember when Brown made a silly little joke about Wardina Churchill and you thought it was immensely damaging to Brown because attacking Heap Big Government Check won’t get him anywhere?

That was hilarious.

KingGold on May 2, 2012 at 4:55 PM

…SH!T ?

KOOLAID2 on May 2, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Cambridge in a nutshell.

JeremiahJohnson on May 2, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Yup.

steebo77 on May 2, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Second look at Martha Coakley?

Nah, I’m thinking Kloppenberg. Funny how all three are from the same tribe—-Liemyassoff.

arnold ziffel on May 2, 2012 at 4:56 PM

IndieDogg on May 2, 2012 at 4:49 PM

On my mom’s side…German, from the Alsace.

On my dad’s side…German from Baden-Wurtemburg.

Of course, there are other great great grandmothers…we did not intermarry exclusively, not from West Virginia or nothin’.

On my ex-wife’s side, we have Wabash…on her mom’s side…just one great-grandmother past.

On her dad’s side…German and French.

If I were Mormon, I’d probably have more details.

Being Roman Catholic/now-Lutheran…we don’t spend a lot of time trying to figure a lot of this out.

coldwarrior on May 2, 2012 at 4:56 PM

She wanted to meet up with people like her – other frauds? There already is a place for them to meet. It’s called prison a meeting of Democrat party chairmen.

NavyMom on May 2, 2012 at 4:47 PM

FIFY

NOMOBO on May 2, 2012 at 4:56 PM

You wanted to associate with other phonies?

Speakup on May 2, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Guess there wasn’t a Marxist box to check at Hahhvurd. Or is that a given?

HumpBot Salvation on May 2, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Indeed. A place where the hotbed of campus socialism is ironically named the “Democracy Center.”

steebo77 on May 2, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Anything worth passing along?

100 ways to prepare whale blubber?
Baby it’s cold outside – One man’s personal journey, how he learned to embrace anthropogenic global warming.
Over coming the stigma of surviving hypothermia?

Dr Evil on May 2, 2012 at 4:58 PM

So Cherokees only want to be friends with other Cherokees or those who are Cherokee-ish? What a freakin’ profiler.

LetsBfrank on May 2, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Slightly off topic, but speaking of leftists doubling down on stupid:

Dan Rather on George W. Bush report: ‘We reported a true story—that’s why I’m no longer with CBS News’

UltimateBob on May 2, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Are we sure this is even a true story? I just ran through kos and didn’t see any mention of it?

DanMan on May 2, 2012 at 4:59 PM

The stars must be aligned on the front page..

We’ve got Princess Running Beaver on the Left and Princess Sackaochitta on the right.

That’s enough to discourage page views.

HumpBot Salvation on May 2, 2012 at 5:00 PM

If I’m a Redskins fan can I claim 1/32 Indian?

angryed on May 2, 2012 at 5:01 PM

i’m 1/4 chikasaw—can i get a job teaching or run for public office on only that “qualification”? must i keep working a real job with all youse european interlopers?

why are y’all always keeping the red man down?

devadevadasa on May 2, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Laughable…and “HOW” !

BHO Jonestown on May 2, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Dr Evil on May 2, 2012 at 4:58 PM

They open every meeting with their signature song, too.

“Ice, Ice baby.”

coldwarrior on May 2, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Not looking for street creds but Rez Creds.

derecho on May 2, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Wow, she’s a disaster. This is gonna be fun.

Jim Treacher on May 2, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I was curious so I went to the Harvard Law School faculty website. The overwhelming majority (I mean overwhelingly incestuous)of tenured faculty went to Harvard Law School. Law is a very snobbish profession, at least at the upper echelons. You don’t suppose being a minority helped a Fordham Law School grad land a tenured position at HLS?

AcidReflux on May 2, 2012 at 5:03 PM

“What does he think it takes for a woman to be qualified?”…

maybe a smidgen of integrity would be nice?

earlgrey133 on May 2, 2012 at 5:03 PM

me too!! why isn’t the media calling her out on her BS?!

Sachiko on May 2, 2012 at 4:48 PM

The Boston Herald is calling her out. The NYT owned Globe is circling the wagons for her. The local radio stations are all buzzing with it.

Brown is correct, a lack of ethics should disqualify her and um lying on her employment application.

dogsoldier on May 2, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Friends with people like her? Is she buddies with loads of real Indians, I mean the Cherokee kind? Or just half-wits like herself???

chai on May 2, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Elizabeth Warren still beating on that victimization tom – tom LOL!

Here’s Neoma O.C. (Smith) Crawford’s father Wyatt Smith’s DNA test results. Elizabeth Warren’s Great Great Great Great Grandfather’s descendant through Neoma’s brother.

Stands to reason if Neoma O.C (Smith) Crawford was Cherokee so were her male siblings GRIN.

Betty that halo type is R1b1a2 aka English geographic area.

American Indian DNA halo types are C and Q……so there’s that :)

Dr Evil on May 2, 2012 at 5:06 PM

“What does he think it takes for a woman to be qualified?”…

I’d go with “intelligence” and “integrity”. Ironically, something Lizzy lacks in both cases.

Bitter Clinger on May 2, 2012 at 5:06 PM

I’m 1/2 scotch and 1/2 bourbon. Can I be your friend?

ss396 on May 2, 2012 at 5:06 PM

So, I’m assuming while in Oklahoma, with it’s large Native American population, she went to a lot of tribal meetings, dinners and the like?

Surely some folks from her past, perhaps in high school or so, will be more than happy to expound upon her Cherokee identity during that time, right?

ButterflyDragon on May 2, 2012 at 5:07 PM

So, she’s blaming her fraud on her parents?

blink on May 2, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Hey, Obama threw his grandmother under the bus, so why not? Seems to be a recurring theme for Dems.

Bitter Clinger on May 2, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Her explanation sounds even worse than the original lie.

Old Fritz on May 2, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Hey Lizzy, you left out the “yeah, that’s the ticket” part. You didn’t want folks to take this story seriously did you? ‘Cause they might just think you’re a liar and stuff.

antipc on May 2, 2012 at 5:08 PM

I liked the Daily Caller’s use of “Sitting Bullsh!t” to describe Elizabeth Warren, but I like “Faux-chohontas” better.

MidniteRambler on May 2, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Coverups are generally worse.

derecho on May 2, 2012 at 5:09 PM

This is what happens in a one party state. Your candidates are picked on which of them has the best connections within the parties inner- circle, not who can run the best campaign. I’m sure she could check off all the boxes on the “who makes a good liberal” checklist, but has she ever done anything that actually involved the possibility of failure on her part?

Fred 2 on May 2, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Political purposes, too. Barack Hussein Soetero 0bama lets people believe that he’s the first black president ™, when he’s only half black (but all commie).

UltimateBob on May 2, 2012 at 5:10 PM

This woman is nuts.

RasThavas on May 2, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I visited India 3 yrs ago…does that count Lizzy ?

burrata on May 2, 2012 at 5:11 PM

iowntheworld has a great p-shop on this:

sbvft contributor on May 2, 2012 at 5:12 PM

“people who are like I am,”

People who are shameless and will use anything to get what they want, yet still maintain their ideological piety and purity. And will play the victim card relentlessly.

MarkT on May 2, 2012 at 5:12 PM

“There is nobody in this country who got richCherokee on his own — nobody.”

Jeddite on May 2, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Wow, she’s a disaster. This is gonna be fun.

Jim Treacher on May 2, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Yes, but we are talking about Massachusetts here. A place that saw fit to elect Ted Kennedy 6 (or was it 7?) times. And keeps electing John Kerry.

Bitter Clinger on May 2, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Scott Brown really leads a charmed life. Runs in a deep blue state, manages to get opposed by two train wreck candidates who couldn’t win dog catcher if their lives depended on it.

Good Solid B-Plus on May 2, 2012 at 5:13 PM