Video: “The Dark Knight Rises” trailer

posted at 7:52 pm on May 1, 2012 by Allahpundit

I liked the first trailer better but maybe that’s because the moral of the story seemed clearer. That one made it look like Nolan was going after class warfare and “the 99 percent,” with Anne Hathaway whispering something to Bale about living large while leaving so little for everyone else. (Catwoman’s a fan of the Buffett Rule.) After this clip, I’m not sure what the movie’s about. Batman’s back from some sort of oblivion and the Batmobile flies now and Bane looks simultaneously intimidating and ridiculous, and … that’s really it. Not that it matters. No one decides whether to go see a Batman movie based on the plot, right?

Exit question: If America can embrace a superhero as gay as this, why can’t it embrace a gay foreign-policy spokesman for Romney?

Comments

I’m trying to think of a single trilogy where the third one was the best. The new Star Wars movies don’t count because everyone was just glad it was over.

MadisonConservative on May 1, 2012 at 7:55 PM

The Dark Knight was all plot. And it was awesome.

Nessuno on May 1, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Never liked Anne Hathaway. That alone diminishes the chances I’ll see this movie by um… well, 99%.

Gingotts on May 1, 2012 at 7:58 PM

really? you think when batman was first appeared in a comic back in 1939 he was ‘sexually deviant’?? really outrageous to quote that article when that guy doesn’t have a clue..he’s remade batman recently, big deal..he’s no authority on what he was originally

oh, and i can’t wait for this straight movie..it looks great

sadsushi on May 1, 2012 at 7:59 PM

If not, this movie better survive on Nolan’s reputation. Bane is a boring villain, and Hathaway is terribly miscast as Catwoman. I’m looking forward to the movie the way I do to nearly any Nolan movie…but I know I’m not going to get what I really wanted out of this one.

MadisonConservative on May 1, 2012 at 8:00 PM

I think the choice of Anne Hathaway to play Catwoman is horrible. I mean the star of Princess Diaries really.. Def. not Selina Kyle or Julie Newmar.

melle1228 on May 1, 2012 at 8:00 PM

…oh for heaven’s sake!…It is a JugEars campaign ad!!!!!!

KOOLAID2 on May 1, 2012 at 8:00 PM

MadisonConservative on May 1, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Gingotts on May 1, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Glad to see I am not alone about my opinion on casting Anne Hathaway..

melle1228 on May 1, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I HATED the Dark Knight, and this one doesn’t look much different…

I’m at the point where I just want a movie to make me laugh. Give me a side splitting comedy. I’ll pass on this one.

parteagirl on May 1, 2012 at 8:02 PM

No one decides whether to go see a Batman movie based on the plot, right?

Spoken like a true hipster who’s never actually seen the thing he’s bashing because it’s popular.

Or I could go with:

So you’re implying the Batman movies are mindless and shallow yet you practically orgasm over every new Apple product? Hm.

Either one works.

Cyhort on May 1, 2012 at 8:03 PM

This has to be light years better than that silly Batman and Robin with Clooney, Uma Thurman and Ahnold.

I had never seen it before until it came on cable a couple of months ago. It was so awfully bad, I couldn’t stop watching it until it was over. Every element was just terrible, the dialogue, the plot, the costumes, the set design, cinematography. Awful.

By contrast, the first of these films was so much better, then
The Dark Knight was even more well done. I look forward to having this trilogy at my disposal on DVD.

Brian1972 on May 1, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I don’t know.. Did Batman send 800 tweets about woman that made the Romney campaign look bad?

melle1228 on May 1, 2012 at 8:05 PM

What is this repeating trend of machines in urban environments in every damn movie?

You’d think that the directors and the effects wizards would be ready for something new, but maybe the studio heads are not.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on May 1, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on May 1, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Well, given the fact that Batman doesn’t have any supernatural/alien superpowers, he kind of needs the machines and gadgets to be Batman.
Otherwise, he’s just a billionaire playboy who is really great at martial arts.

Brian1972 on May 1, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I’m there.

However, it’s a lock that the first high-profile negative review of this movie will be trumpeted to the heavens in Headlines here at HA.

fiatboomer on May 1, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I HATED the Dark Knight, and this one doesn’t look much different…

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one. It’s the most overrated film I’ve ever seen in my life.

Reggie1971 on May 1, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Looks pretty cool.

Although me and the boy yung un is gots tickets to see THE AVENGERS at Midnight this week.

Speaking of which has Captain Anti-America given his speech from that corrupt Opium nation yet?

PappyD61 on May 1, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I dislike Anne Hathaway, too…only thing I liked her in was The Devil Wears Prada…someone is DETERMINED to make her a big effing deal, but I just don’t buy her as this great actress…and while I can generally ignore most of the stupid things actors and musicians do and say with respect to politics, I must say that her presence at one of the Occuy protests was very transparent and patronizing and really rubbed me the wrong way…other than her, though, the film looks great, and I’ll need to see it in the theater if for no other reason than the football game scene.

ellifint on May 1, 2012 at 8:13 PM

The Dark Knight was awesome in every way, and if you disagree then you sir are worse than Hitler.

Good night and good luck, (camera switch) sir.

Brian1972 on May 1, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Otherwise, he’s just a billionaire playboy who is really great at martial arts.

Brian1972 on May 1, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Batman apparently is ahead of the times then, as per D_E_I’s complaint.

He was always my favorite because he had no powers, just brain and brawn to protect an entire giant city essentially by himself.

thebrokenrattle on May 1, 2012 at 8:13 PM

AP, Nolan has said it’s based on A Tale of Two Cities. Which explains the 99% running wild and the distinct possibility that Batman gives his life for the people of Gotham.

BTW, the trailer is just so-so IMO(aside from the Hans Zimmer music which was fantastic), but I think that’s because Nolan is saving all the big surprises for the actual movie. Look at how little he’s shown of Marion Cotillard’s character and if my suspicions are correct, she’s a key figure in the plot(*cough* Talia al-Ghul *cough*).

Doughboy on May 1, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Julie Newmar…….the Tina Louise of the crime scene.

hubba hubba.

PappyD61 on May 1, 2012 at 8:14 PM

MadisonConservative on May 1, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

knob on May 1, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Can’t wait!!!

blatantblue on May 1, 2012 at 8:15 PM

I wonder how much the Joker would have figured into this one if Heath Ledger hadn’t died.

Kensington on May 1, 2012 at 8:15 PM

If Americans don’t want to have every one of their heroes retconned to be homosexual, why can’t Allahpundit get over that some folks just aren’t that “in” (pun intended!) to gays?

Stoic Patriot on May 1, 2012 at 8:17 PM

oh, and i can’t wait for this straight movie..it looks great

sadsushi on May 1, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Batwoman and Batgirl were created in the late 50′s and early 60′s to quell the rumors that Batman & Robin were gay.

RickB on May 1, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I don’t see why you’re confused AP

blatantblue on May 1, 2012 at 8:19 PM

HOPE IS LOST

Isn’t that Obama’s new campaign slogan?

profitsbeard on May 1, 2012 at 8:21 PM

thebrokenrattle on May 1, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Brain and brawn, yes, but also science and lots and lots of money.

Being a gearhead, I appreciated the cameo by the Lamborghini Murcielago in The Dark Knight.

When you want subtlety, take the Lambo. lol

Brian1972 on May 1, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Oooh. That trailer made me all gooey inside…like a Twinkie.

Maybe Foreign Policy Guy’s Batcave isn’t as awesome!

;)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on May 1, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Dude, really? Come on, you got to have a mask! Everyone knows that.

Curtiss on May 1, 2012 at 8:24 PM

MadisonConservative on May 1, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

knob on May 1, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Have to agree there. Raiders was awesome and I liked Temple of Doom a lot (despite its reputation), but Last Crusade was all kinds of fun while maintaining the same feel as Raiders. Though with Crystal Skull, it’s not really a trilogy anymore.

Hellboy III could repeat the pattern, if Guillermo del Toro ever gets enough time to make it.

While not a trilogy, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (#3) is often considered to be the best of the series.

fiatboomer on May 1, 2012 at 8:25 PM

America accepts gay bloggers, right?

Second look at AP?

lol

Brian1972 on May 1, 2012 at 8:26 PM

oh, and i can’t wait for this straight movie..it looks great

sadsushi on May 1, 2012 at 7:59 PM

RickB on May 1, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Rumors created by a -liberal- nut-job of a “mental health professional,” Fredric Wertham.

ebrown2 on May 1, 2012 at 8:26 PM

MadisonConservative on May 1, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Brian1972 on May 1, 2012 at 8:27 PM

but the basis of the whole concept is utterly gay.”

I’ve never bonded with the super hero idea. Is it because I’m not gay?

BL@KBIRD on May 1, 2012 at 8:27 PM

I would have preferred Kate Beckinsale as Catwoman…. Meow!

eaglescout_1998 on May 1, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I would have preferred Kate Beckinsale as Catwoman…. Meow!

eaglescout_1998 on May 1, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Not bad, but I think the Catwoman costume should be pushed to the limit. Cast Christina Hendricks. Do it.

Brian1972 on May 1, 2012 at 8:30 PM

My consolation is that the villain in the upcoming “Star Trek” sequel will be none other than Khan Noonien Singh.

Mutnodjmet on May 1, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Urgh. OK, but they should have been more creative. It smacks of the reboot-itis flowing through Hollywood now. I assume this means we’re going to get a 85-minute version of “Space Seed” now with lensflare.

From the Big Hollywood comments:

As a life long Trekkie I have to say that I am disappointed by this news, I was hoping for a new villain. For crying out loud nobody and I mean nobody will be Richardo Montalban! I can go and watch the original episode of Star Trek “Space Seed” and see tight writing and the exchanges between Shatner and Montalban is just classic. Then I can go and watch Wrath of Khan and just watch a science fiction version of Run Silent, Run Deep (I have to add that all are my favorite movies). I want some originality and stop going back into the past to get a good story! For crying out loud if they wanted to go different do something with “Mirror, Mirror” because since they have decided that this Trek is in an alternate timeline. Ugh … I don’t know. All the king men couldn’t put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

fiatboomer on May 1, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Looks so exciting I’ll pack an extra inhaler on my Batman movie utility belt.

BHO Jonestown on May 1, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I would have preferred Kate Beckinsale as Catwoman…. Meow!

eaglescout_1998 on May 1, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Yeah, that would have been AWESOME.

Anne “lil’ Princess” Hathaway as Catwoman?!?!?!?!?

What, Jennifer Garner wasn’t free?

ebrown2 on May 1, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Anne Hathaway, what a sexless dud.

Definitely, Kate Beckinsdale, after seeing her in my husband’s favorite movie, “Van Helsing”.

Her white blouse with red embroidery around strategic anatomy, should be given to the Smithsonian.

Typicalwhitewoman on May 1, 2012 at 8:36 PM

I would have preferred Kate Beckinsale as Catwoman…. Meow!

eaglescout_1998 on May 1, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Much better..

Wish I could look as good in latex as she did in Underworld ;)

melle1228 on May 1, 2012 at 8:37 PM

MadisonConservative on May 1, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Agreed on Last Crusade.

Toy Story III.

And Back to the Future can be argued.

Prufrock on May 1, 2012 at 8:39 PM

MadisonConservative on May 1, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Toy Story 3
Army of Darkness

That’s all I got. Hell, it’s hard enough finding trilogies where all three movies are good.

Doughboy on May 1, 2012 at 8:41 PM

MadisonConservative on May 1, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Brian1972 on May 1, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Unquestionably.

Some other possibles:

Mad Max 3: Beyond Thunderdome
The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (“Fistful of Dollars III”}
Toy Story 3

de rigueur on May 1, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Brian1972 on May 1, 2012 at 8:27 PM

And you get two thumbs up for that.

RalphyBoy on May 1, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman. Jeez — might as well have been Susan Sarandon — but she’s just too darn old for the part.

This whole movie is just going to be some lame-@ss political statement. A 2-hour long Leftist allegory of evil America causing what would otherwise have been saintly people to do bad things because of the grave injustices of American success and exceptionalism — because it is all only available to a pre-chosen few.

FlatFoot on May 1, 2012 at 8:49 PM

For the truth, see

MadisonConservative on May 1, 2012 at 7:55 PM

As for a 3rd movie that was the best, try Lord of the Rings Return of the King.

njrob on May 1, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Yeah, everybody always knew that. When me and my friends were growing up and sitting around reading comics in the tree house, we always talked about how gay batman was and how he was like a really cool gay superhero. We all knew he was gay. I mean, like, all the cool superheroes are gay. Batman, Superman, Spiderman, all of them. Everybody always knew that. Yep.

JellyToast on May 1, 2012 at 8:52 PM

de rigueur on May 1, 2012 at 8:44 PM

One of the most emotionally satisfying scenes in modern cinema to me is when Aragorn is crowned King of Gondor near the end.

Ya know, just, wow.

Brian1972 on May 1, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Looks like another villain destroys the bat cave.
I’ve noticed this is a common theme in all these movies. In the old days, Super man, Batman… their fortresses were always a place of safety. Now, they always get destroyed. I wonder why that is.

JellyToast on May 1, 2012 at 8:56 PM

hmm. my link about Batman and his relationships didn’t show
here you go

njrob on May 1, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Awesome, more recycled cartoons to be followed by feature film versions of 50s and 60s sit-coms.

They really have run out of ideas.

CorporatePiggy on May 1, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Batman gay? Really? I’m sure Vicki Vale, Selina Kyle, Silver St. Cloud, and Talia al Ghul all have something to say about that. I know AP wishes Batman were gay, but he isn’t.

Btw: I’m sick of these armchair fanboys second guessing a cinematic genius such as Christopher Nolan. Has he ever made a bad movie? Even The Prestige was good. I know a lot of people are ripping the casting of Anne Hathaway, but a lot of people ripped the casting of Heath Ledger too. Nolan has earned a lot of leeway with me and I will give him the benefit of the doubt until he gives me a reason not too. The Dark Knight Rises will be epic. Just deal with it.

Mike Rathbone on May 1, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Mike Rathbone on May 1, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Yep, I’ll see how she did before I say it was a mistake.

Coulda been worse, ya know.

MADONNA

Brian1972 on May 1, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Brian1972 on May 1, 2012 at 8:30 PM

No, she would be better cast as Poison Ivy.

LoganSix on May 1, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Mike Rathbone on May 1, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I’ve never seen Following or Insomnia(although I have seen the 1997 original), but otherwise you’re correct. The man has never made a bad movie. I personally think The Prestige is just ok. The 2nd half where the sci-fi twist kicks in kinda lost me, but Nolan is a lot like Kubrick in that even when he makes a not-so-great movie, it’s still imminently watchable and engaging.

I think based on his recent track record, he deserves the benefit of the doubt on any project. Dude knows what he’s doing.

Doughboy on May 1, 2012 at 9:08 PM

No, she would be better cast as Poison Ivy.

LoganSix on May 1, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Yeah, but Uma Thurman should have been great as Poison Ivy but the whole damn thing was so terrible there was no saving it.

Christina Hendricks, blonde, in the Catwoman suit.

That alone would pack the theaters.

It would also push the structural limits of fabric technology, but I have faith in modern science that it can be done.

What’s more, it must be done.

For the children.

Brian1972 on May 1, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Because AFA doesn’t control America (yet) but they do run the GOP.

lester on May 1, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Ya know, just, wow.

Brian1972 on May 1, 2012 at 8:52 PM

My favorite moment in that scene.

Lord of the Rings is a class unto itself.

Successful trilogies are invariably action/adventure films (or action/adventure fantasy/sci-fi), so I think what makes for a rare third being the most successful of a trilogy is that it reaches new and deeper emotional depths than earlier installments. The word critics often use for a successful third and final is “maturity.” It’s not all golly-gee whiz-bang anymore, it’s “grown” on you. Definitely the case with Toy Story 3.

If anyone’s seen Hiroshi Ingnaki’s Samurai Trilogy with Toshiro Mifune (Blu-ray release in June), although the first is the most action-packed, the third is the richest (and for that reason has the coolest sword fight, shamelessly cribbed for Kill Bill). Third of the trilogy is Duel at Ganryu Island (Kettô Ganryû-jima).

de rigueur on May 1, 2012 at 9:18 PM

MadisonConservative on May 1, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Brian1972 on May 1, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Yep.

trigon on May 1, 2012 at 9:20 PM

I HATED the Dark Knight, and this one doesn’t look much different…

Reggie1971 on May 1, 2012 at 8:10 PM

An overrated movie was Avatar..haven’t seen all of it but i know the story and it has nothing on The Dark Knight.. The Dark Knight was freaking awesome

sadsushi on May 1, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Jaws 3 was the best of teh trilogy.

John the Libertarian on May 1, 2012 at 9:21 PM

de rigueur on May 1, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I should check out some of the Japanese films. I saw somewhere that a large portion of Star Wars comes from animated Japanese stories about the legendary Samurai Musashi, who the Imperial Japanese Navy named one of their two super battleships after.

So, Jedi have that in common as well, stolen by Hollywood straight from Japan.

Brian1972 on May 1, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Kensington on May 1, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Heath Ledger was good, but not great. His performance got terribly overrated because he died.

Aaron Eckhart took the acting honors, IMNSHO, and was largely ignored.

SagebrushPuppet on May 1, 2012 at 9:28 PM

sadsushi on May 1, 2012 at 9:20 PM

I still haven’t bothered to see Avatar, mainly because it is several angles of leftist propaganda turned into a science fiction film, and it’s 3+ hours of it to boot.

The Dark Knight was the opposite. That story made you think about the delicate balance between liberty and security, and how sometimes that boundary must shift with circumstances of the moment. When faced with a threat that will never be reasoned with, how far would you go to protect people from that threat? A temporary violation of some civil liberties to secure the defeat of the threat, and then return to normal when all is clear?

I was pleasantly surprised at the deeper themes woven in that story.

Brian1972 on May 1, 2012 at 9:36 PM

de rigueur on May 1, 2012 at 9:18 PM

So, Jedi have that in common as well, stolen by Hollywood straight from Japan.

Brian1972 on May 1, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Longer post may have been swallowed, so here’s a brief version. The original Star Wars (now IV?) is largely based on Kurosawa’s samurai classic Hidden Fortress, right down to much of the story being seen through the eyes of two comic characters. R2D2 and CP3O, in Lucas’ case. Lucas exec-produced Kurosawa’s final masterpiece, Kagemusha.

de rigueur on May 1, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Mitt would be better off having the Ambiguously Gay Duo as his foreign policy spokesmen.

Myron Falwell on May 1, 2012 at 9:46 PM

de rigueur on May 1, 2012 at 9:45 PM

That was it, Hidden Fortress.

Brian1972 on May 1, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I loved the other two movies in the trilogy of this version of Batman. I’ve never read a comic book in my life, I just loved the overarching themes of the movies.
That being said, this preview looks not inspiring. I wouldn’t say it looks awful, but I think I need to lower my expectations after the other two.

And Anne Hathaway is a sub-par actress. The fact that she’s playing this role and Fantine in the movie version of “Les Miserables: The Musical” makes my eye twitch. At least in “Les Miserables”, she’ll die quick….

Hopefully I’m overly judgmental and this movie will be great. It’s really hard to say until the movie opens…..

mjk on May 1, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Anne Hathaway is a miscast for Selina Kyle. (I think Eva Green would’ve been way better.) Chris Nolan broke his own rule by having her prance around in the Julie Newmar Catwoman costume.

With my gripe about Catwoman said, I still think Chris Nolan will wrap up his Bat trilogy in a satisfying way. The cinematography looks great and I like the No Man’s Land vibe I’m getting from the bridges being blown up. The musical score by Hans Zimmer sounds epic.

July is just around the corner but we are just days away from The Avengers! :)

RedRobin145 on May 1, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Brian1972 on May 1, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Perfect.

I’ll be in my bunk.

Darksean on May 1, 2012 at 10:04 PM

That was it, Hidden Fortress.

Brian1972 on May 1, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I don’t know why HA keeps eating my samurai list. One more try. It’s a pretty good list, and in about the right order. If you only watch one, watch the first one, Kurasawa’s Seven Samurai. Was remade as a western, The Magnificent Seven, with maybe the greatest opening title track ever written for a western. Unless it was this.

de rigueur on May 1, 2012 at 10:06 PM

de rigueur on May 1, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Thanks!

Brian1972 on May 1, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Back on topic, I saw another, completely different trailer for The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX-3D, including almost the entire plane hi-jacking sequence. Jaw-dropping. Worth the entire price of admission, which was for another movie entirely. Might be a good idea to see the whole Batman movie that way.

de rigueur on May 1, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Just FYI, if you blow the center of a suspension bridge (thereby severing the cable, presumably) the whole thing falls.

That alone could ruin the movie for me. But I so want this to be good–the first two were stellar.

TexasDan on May 1, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Looks pretty cool.

PappyD61 on May 1, 2012 at 8:12 PM

This Batman movie will have to be really good to beat the Avenger this year in the box office. I don’t think any movie will have a chance until “The Hobbit” comes out in December. Tolkien has a lot of fans.

Possible Avengers spoiler warning.

CableDude on May 1, 2012 at 10:26 PM

de rigueur on May 1, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Agreed. The opening sequence may overwhelm the rest of the movie, unless it’s all that good.

TexasDan on May 1, 2012 at 10:26 PM

de rigueur on May 1, 2012 at 10:09 PM

That was the prologue(i.e. the first 6 minutes of the movie) which played before IMAX screenings of Mission: Impossible IV last December. And yes, it was insane. Like the precredits sequence from Licence To Kill on steroids. The only downside(aside from not knowing what the hell was going on with the prisoner body swap thing) was that Bane was almost unintelligible, but apparently that’s been fixed.

Doughboy on May 1, 2012 at 10:41 PM

ellifint on May 1, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I also dislike Anne Hathaway, but I could’ve said the same things about Heath Ledger after Brokeback (Humpback?) Mountain. Christopher Nolan has proven to be an entertaining director and writer. His Dark Knight actually justified taking some extra-legal measures to bring down the terrorist Joker. Many in Hollywood thought that movie was too sympathetic to Bush. I think he should be given a chance. Wait till the movie comes out, then make up your mind.

Gladtobehere on May 1, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Definitely looking forward to this movie, though I’ll be seeing The Avengers before it.

Also, c’mon – he’s the ***damn Batman.

Aquarian on May 1, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Myron Falwell on May 1, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Yes!! LOL!!

Gladtobehere on May 1, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Strawman.

minnesoter on May 1, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I hope it’s a good movie though.

minnesoter on May 1, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Eva Green… oh yes…

Gotta watch “The Dreamers”… again…

Khun Joe on May 2, 2012 at 12:51 AM

A better question: How do some people ever enjoy any movie or TV show when they worry about some actor’s politics?

I couldn’t care less about AH being duped with that occupy nonsense or anything else. Really looking forward to seeing TDKR.

Moesart on May 2, 2012 at 1:32 AM

They really have run out of ideas.

CorporatePiggy on May 1, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I’ve been shopping a screenplay for an updated version of “My Mother the Car” but so far, no takers. Damn!

swinia sutki on May 2, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Brian1972 on May 1, 2012 at 8:27 PM

And you get two thumbs up for that.

RalphyBoy on May 1, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Make that 4 :)

LOTRDiva on May 2, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I like Anne Hathaway – not so much for her acting, but she reminds me of the T-Mobile girl, who I really like. But I can’t see her as Catwoman. Given her Underworld history, I’d agree with others that Kate Beckinsale would be good for the part though – I like her almost as much as the T-Mobile babe.

dentarthurdent on May 2, 2012 at 2:31 PM