The real winner of the White House Correspondents Dinner is…

posted at 6:03 pm on April 30, 2012 by Morgen Richmond

Unlike Mark Steyn and John Hinderaker I really love the annual White House Correspondents dinner. I love it so much in fact I’ve never watched a single minute of it live. It’s like a long sought gift I’m saving to open until sometime after, I don’t know…2029 maybe. So I don’t intend to end this streak now, but if you missed the wall-to-wall coverage of this over the weekend…unintentionally…I’ve embedded the President’s complete performance below. I understand it’s pretty hilarious (not really).

But what I want to do here is just take a brief moment to acknowledge who the real winner of the night was. Aside from people like me, that is. No, I’m talking of course about the Daily Caller’s Jim Treacher, or as he likes to jokingly refer to himself on Twitter, ‘Jim’ ‘Treacher’. (This is a pseudonym for those who don’t know.) For anyone unaware, Treacher is responsible for publicizing President Obama’s admission in Dreams of My Father that he ate dog meat as a child in Indonesia, countering Democrat attacks on Mitt Romney for transporting a family dog on the roof of his car 30 years ago. Treacher’s find had already been widely covered throughout the media prior to this weekend. But it has effectively become a part of history now, as official lore from the 2012 campaign, with the President himself joking repeatedly on Saturday night about his dog-eating past.

I know a thing or two about injecting counter-narratives into the broader media, and there is no more difficult thing to do as a blogger. Only a few years ago this type of thing would have been truly impossible, and even now with the speed and reach of new media it is still incredibly hard. For proof, just try it some time. But to write a blog post and then watch the President himself joke about it only weeks later? That’s the blogging equivalent of a supernova – truly spectacular!

Now it’s a long time until November and there will be plenty more narratives to counter so we shouldn’t get too carried away. But for de-fanging a media attack long-planned, and carefully orchestrated by Democrats, I thought Treacher was deserving of a little recognition from Hot Air. I can only imagine that this has been all that much sweeter for him given that not long after joining the ranks of professional bloggers he was seriously injured when, rumor has it, he was run down by an unmarked government car while trying to save a dog from a busy street. I may have gotten this last bit wrong, but the point is: major kudos ‘Jim’. Very well done, which incidentally I hear is how Obama likes his flank.

Comments

Absolutely.

Treach blew that stupid meme to Kingdom Come!

* high five *

RarestRX on April 30, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Jim Treacher is a national treasure. He was run over by the government, so he has an axe to grind.
Grind on, Treach.

Towash on April 30, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I’d like to also point out how some on the left immediately tried the racism card as a rebuttal (“Republicans are trying to cast Obama as an “other”), and that fizzled out immediately.

I’m increasingly convinced that the Dems have blown through all their rhetorical reserves already and Obamas has already peaked.

Nessuno on April 30, 2012 at 6:11 PM

His posts last week will go down in blogging history. The man is a comic genius.

Steven McGregor on April 30, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Narrative…FAIL!

Rational Thought on April 30, 2012 at 6:12 PM

he was seriously injured… by an unmarked government car

I used to get updates on facebook from Jim Treacher’s Busted-Up Knee. I haven’t seen anything posted in a while. I’m hoping that’s a good thing.

Fallon on April 30, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Treacher, you magnificent ba$tard!

victor82 on April 30, 2012 at 6:15 PM

In hindsight, POTUS may have sent some staffers to get takeout.

Treacher might have finally solved the mystery.

Resist We Much on April 30, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Treacher can crap on my yard any time he wants.

The ultimate compliment at this time.

Just, y’know, cover it up with some dirt please.

SteveMG on April 30, 2012 at 6:17 PM

He needs to stop patting himself on the back.

rubberneck on April 30, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Obama is not funny, and is now the official Toiletflusher in Chief.

J. Treacher is national treasure.

Schadenfreude on April 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Congrats! Jim T.

Weight of Glory on April 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Get an umbrella Treach, the saliva comes fast!

thebrokenrattle on April 30, 2012 at 6:23 PM

All Obama ever does, except non-stop campaigning, is scrooming the pooches.

Schadenfreude on April 30, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Wait…WHAT?! Did you hear that, Collie? Obama ATE a dog. The guy EATS man’s best friend. Whoa. Can you imagine that?

My collie says:

No surprise there, CC. We’ve known for almost 50 years now that the difference between a liberal like Obama and a cannibal is that a cannibal only eats his enemies.

CyberCipher on April 30, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Treach rocks!! Love his blog, his twitter feed, and his comments here. He brilliantly exposed the ‘Mitt is mean to doggies’ phony baloney outrage to the bright, bright sunlight, and it was (and is) beautiful to behold. Well done, Sir!

CantCureStupid on April 30, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Shutting down the White House’s loathsome “Mitt hates dogs” strategy with “BTW, Obama eats dogs?”

Epic win by the funniest blogger this side of Iowahawk.

fiatboomer on April 30, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Think – Jim Carey and the movie “The Mask” – That’s who Obie is.

FlaMurph on April 30, 2012 at 6:28 PM

So many False narratives so little time.

Grunt on April 30, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Epic win by the funniest blogger this side of Iowahawk.

fiatboomer on April 30, 2012 at 6:25 PM

My collie says:

Treacher definitely deserves a BIG “atta’ boy”. I couldn’t help but notice how quickly Iowahawk, Kurt Schlichter, et al picked up on it and kept the ball rolling, though. I think we can be proud of the whole team on this one.

CyberCipher on April 30, 2012 at 6:32 PM

It was hilarious & effective. And the best part is, the Obama8Dog jokes will never get old. I chuckle each & every time I see/hear one.

Dark Star on April 30, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Obama loves him some BO-ffalo Wings.

profitsbeard on April 30, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Treacher is a worthy man…

I wonder if they are trying to silence their “incident” of when a nice all black, bullet proof motor vehicle abruptly tried to knee cap him the in the D.C. style?

nnaaaaaaaa! Good Luck Treacher, and look out for that darn SUV!

upinak on April 30, 2012 at 6:35 PM

The several days of fallout from Treacher’s initial tweet provided some of the best laugh-out-loud moments in recent political history–starting with “better on the roof of the car.” Thanks for the laughs and congratulations on disrupting the Democrats’ plans. Very well played Mr. Treacher.

Dee2008 on April 30, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Treach had me in tears. He definately hit that one in the V Ring.

Hog Wild on April 30, 2012 at 6:39 PM

i love you jim =)

Sachiko on April 30, 2012 at 6:39 PM

What is the difference between Romney and 0bama?
Not much.

What is the difference between an 0bama supporter and a Romney supporter?
Not much, and both love to hate on Sarah Palin.

What is the difference between a pit bull and Sarah Palin?
Sarah has good taste. 0bama thinks pit bulls taste good.

DannoJyd on April 30, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Obama: “Afghan? Did someone say Afghan?”

jaime on April 30, 2012 at 6:42 PM

DannoJyd on April 30, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Umm this is about Treacher. Might want to keep the focus!

upinak on April 30, 2012 at 6:45 PM

nnaaaaaaaa! Good Luck Treacher, and look out for that darn SUV!

upinak on April 30, 2012 at 6:35 PM

In hindsight, we probably should rethink the incident. It might be a big mistake to assume that the “nice all black, bullet proof motor vehicle” was targeting Treacher and not the dog.

Takeout! Yum!

Pictures of the Day: Man-Child Eats Dog (now 52)

Resist We Much on April 30, 2012 at 6:46 PM

=======================

For OutStanding Intell Scoop Above and Beyond the Call of
RightSphere Duty……..the envelope please……

for Ability to make a mule out of a Liberal Jack*ss,and surviving
a BLACK SUV accident,…..will you pleae give it up,

for Jim Treacher.

And I agree,its a BEAUTIFUL thing Jim,congrats!:)

canopfor on April 30, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I assert that the EPA “Crucify” comment is along the same lines: A powerful meme that counters progressive assertions that has gone viral. Good to see that the crucifier has fallen on his sword. One down, so many more to go.

Mutnodjmet on April 30, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Let us know how the audit goes, Jim. :)

rogerb on April 30, 2012 at 6:55 PM

I remember his posts here at Hot Air before he made the big-time and moved to DC. Always a must read. In fact I go to Daily Caller everyday just for his column even though I don’t care for the Daily Caller much.

Glad to see him doing so well. He deserves it.

Lily on April 30, 2012 at 7:05 PM

He needs to stop patting himself on the back.

rubberneck on April 30, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Who?

chewmeister on April 30, 2012 at 7:07 PM

In honor of my mom on Mother’s Day, the punchline to her favorite joke:

(Obama at the dinner table, pushing away plate of bones . . .)

“My, how BO would have loved these bones . . .”

BigAlSouth on April 30, 2012 at 7:07 PM

I am so not clicking on that vid. I haven’t the stomach for it.

sage0925 on April 30, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Jug ears made with tin.

galtani on April 30, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Resist We Much on April 30, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I don’t think he had his dog with him, I think he was walking to work…. but you never know!

upinak on April 30, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Keep the FOOORWARD stuff coming, baby!

sdbatboy on April 30, 2012 at 7:10 PM

What Obama did as a ten year old is equivalent of what Romney did as an adult.

Actually this is not so far off. A 10 year old Democrat is just as wise as your average adult Republican. The well known Republican brain freeze happens at a young age and they cease to develop mentally afterwards.

lester on April 30, 2012 at 7:11 PM

I just hope Treacher’s not the next to have a mysteriously convenient “heart attack” while taking a late night stroll.

teacherman on April 30, 2012 at 7:13 PM

lester on April 30, 2012 at 7:11 PM

so putting a dog on the roof of a car in a dog crate, is equivalent to eating dog? Please explain this to the dog mushers of the world and their little dog crates on their trucks. I don’t think they eat their dogs either.

upinak on April 30, 2012 at 7:15 PM

This is Mr. Treacher’s forte. Irony.

Cindy Munford on April 30, 2012 at 7:18 PM

What Obama did as a ten year old is equivalent of what Romney did as an adult.

lester on April 30, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Obama was 34 years old when he bragged about eating dog in his first autobiography. He was 50 years old when he joked about eating dog.

Now, did Barack Obama ever save a dog and his human family of six like Mitt Romney? No, he did not.

Resist We Much on April 30, 2012 at 7:20 PM

“There’s a term for President Obama. Not two terms.” – Kimmel.

Schadenfreude on April 30, 2012 at 7:22 PM

upinak on April 30, 2012 at 7:09 PM

No, I wasn’t talking about Treacher’s dog!!! Treacher was trying to save an unknown dog when he got hit by the unmarked government vehicle. If Treacher hadn’t been there, it might have been like the drive-thru at McDoggies….

Resist We Much on April 30, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Umm this is about Treacher. Might want to keep the focus!

upinak on April 30, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Oh REALLY! I don’t see Treacher’s name in the headline, but the White House Correspondents Dinner is, and if you knew ANYTHING about that you would have understood the jokes.

Feel free to debate the commentary of a talking head. I prefer the steak over the sizzle.

Please, DO try to keep up. /s

DannoJyd on April 30, 2012 at 7:27 PM

lester on April 30, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Seems like you should have an easier time winning debates.

rogerb on April 30, 2012 at 7:28 PM

DannoJyd on April 30, 2012 at 7:27 PM

To bad your sizzle has no steak.

upinak on April 30, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Please, DO try to keep up. /s

DannoJyd on April 30, 2012 at 7:27 PM

One thing I know is that the picture on the front page is a caricature of Treacher.

You may not like that politics is this way, but it is, and the good guys won an important election battle because of Treacher. True it’s not an economic battle, but the only way to win those is to first win the election, and this is how you have to do it.

pedestrian on April 30, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Thanks to FlatFoot the commenter & Jim Treacher the blogger.

We are all Breitbart Now

redridinghood on April 30, 2012 at 7:46 PM

pedestrian on April 30, 2012 at 7:41 PM

newbs.. can’t live with them, can’t have them run over by the black SUV that ran over Treach.

upinak on April 30, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I’ve been a big fan of Treacher’s ever since he used to post here regularly. I’m not surprised at all by his victory. It’s great fun watching him torture lefties on Twitter. (The cherry on top is the occassional potshot at Chuck.) Breitbart is definitely his guardian angel. Keep up the good work, Jim!

Malcolm on April 30, 2012 at 7:49 PM

It’s good to see Treacher get his applause, the dude’s been cracking me up for years now and hope to keep seeing his appeal rise. Cheers Jim!

Pulitzer? Heh.

Alinsky on April 30, 2012 at 7:59 PM

In other news, Michael Vick wonders why he went to jail.

Steve Z on April 30, 2012 at 7:59 PM

In honor of whom, today’s DOG-GRUEL

There once was a Prez who ate dogs
Which is now all the talk of blogs.
The Dems have complained,
But as TREACHER explained,
It’s a dish best served cold to the Progs.

de rigueur on April 30, 2012 at 8:13 PM

pedestrian on April 30, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Wait! He WON A BATTLE, or perhaps you mean he won like Romney won the primary. /s

DannoJyd on April 30, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Thanks, guys!

I’ll tell you, though, I’m exhausted. You might even say I’m… No. I can’t. I won’t.

Jim Treacher on April 30, 2012 at 8:19 PM

To bad your sizzle has no steak.

upinak on April 30, 2012 at 7:35 PM

WRONG again. I’ve got relevant comparisons to Romney and 0bama, comparisons to 0bama supporters and Romney supporters, and most important I’ve got the ONLY Conservatrive candidate running for POTUS today.

Sizzle away. We’ll wait for you to catch up … one day.

DannoJyd on April 30, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Thanks, guys!

Jim Treacher on April 30, 2012 at 8:19 PM

DOG tired?
ChaChing

Treach, you definitely won the internets.

sybilll on April 30, 2012 at 8:26 PM

lester on April 30, 2012 at 7:11 PM

So lame. That’s going to be your name from now on. Lester the Lame. I guess important elements such as cleverness and wit weren’t covered in your indoctrination.

cicerone on April 30, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Thanks, guys!

Jim Treacher on April 30, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I will, “…. As tired as a one eyed dog trying to sleep around the Soeteros!”

bluemarlin on April 30, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I’ve got the ONLY Conservatrive candidate running for POTUS today.

Sizzle away. We’ll wait for you to catch up … one day.

DannoJyd on April 30, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Gary Johnson? Really… So, which one are you, Cheech or Chong?

cicerone on April 30, 2012 at 8:29 PM

You might even say I’m… No. I can’t. I won’t.

Jim Treacher on April 30, 2012 at 8:19 PM

……you’ve been sleeping like a log ?

burrata on April 30, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Thanks, guys!

Jim Treacher on April 30, 2012 at 8:19 PM

You still with the Daily Collar?

rogerb on April 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM

lester on April 30, 2012 at 7:11 PM

…you must be a love child of Joe Biden then!

KOOLAID2 on April 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM

DannoJyd on April 30, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Gary Johnson? Really… So, which one are you, Cheech or Chong?

cicerone on April 30, 2012 at 8:29 PM

…you want him to answer?…That’s not nice!…he’d have to exhale in the process!…That’s wasting WEED!

KOOLAID2 on April 30, 2012 at 8:53 PM

You still with the Daily Collar?

rogerb on April 30, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Well, yeah. Why?

Jim Treacher on April 30, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Oh, I get it. Sorry, very tired.

Jim Treacher on April 30, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Why does Jim get the credit for “uncovering” this? Obama wrote about it in his book. It’s a best seller, as any book by any president would be. Millions of people undoubtedly already knew.

My question is, what exactly are you taking credit for?

triple on April 30, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Jim Treacher: Leader of the Pack. #jobwelldone

TN Mom on April 30, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Anyone with a blog once titled, “Mother, may I sleep with Treacher?” is destined for greatness…

Buy Danish on April 30, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Thanks, guys!

Jim Treacher on April 30, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Don’t forget us little people when you get your Puplitzer Prize, Treach.

hehe.

FlatFoot on April 30, 2012 at 10:58 PM

My question is, what exactly are you taking credit for?

triple on April 30, 2012 at 9:58 PM

He’s not ‘taking’ credit. He’s being ‘given’ credit. And rightfully so. Credit for reading his blog’s reader comments and then running with it like a pro.

*toot* *toot*

haha!

FlatFoot on April 30, 2012 at 11:05 PM

My question is, what exactly are you taking credit for?

triple on April 30, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Have you been living under a rock?

To your first point: Obviously no one read that stupid book because everyone (most especially members of the Obama Brain Dead Left) was SHOCKED! SHOCKED! at the revelation that Obama ate dog & bragged about it (part of his “foreign policy cred”). No surprise that the guy who got the Nobel Peace Prize for doing nothing got a Pulitzer and a Grammy (audio version) for a book no one bothered to read/listen to — it had to be fantastic because, duh, Teh Precious wrote it.

To your second point: Jim Treacher not only got it into the mainstream consciousness (something the people in the MSM would have *never* done even if they had bothered to read the book & even while they railed against Romney for a 30 year old story) he did it in a hilarious, witty way that proved what @sshats the Dems. are & the stupidity of their trying to make an issue of a 30-year old Romney story was. His wit handling the entire thing got others on board (Iowahawk, etc) & created such an impact on Twitter that the MSM, David Axelrod & even Obama himself had to acknowledge it.

Of course, there are many, many who are not smart enough to get that point, but what can you do? There is no shortage of stupid in this world.

Dark Star on April 30, 2012 at 11:05 PM

er — *toot* *toot*

FlatFoot on April 30, 2012 at 11:06 PM

PS — Oh, and on a completely personal level, he turned this election cycle into something exciting & fun. I’ve never laughed so hard about politics as I have at the #obamadogrecipes & then watching the Brain Dead Left get themselves into a tizzy as they completely missed the entire point of it all.

Dark Star on April 30, 2012 at 11:11 PM

My question is, what exactly are you taking credit for?

triple on April 30, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Giving you something to complain about.

Jim Treacher on April 30, 2012 at 11:57 PM

So Treacher is spiking the football now?

Well for someone in the important job of comedic political writing that is just tacky.. I mean someone in an important job like that shouldn’t be spending so much time taking victory laps on their victories and rubbing their opponent’s noses in it…

The President of the United States? What about him? Nobody respects him I can’t see anyone expecting any better.

But Jim Treacher, now that’s a high standard…

/sarcasm

gekkobear on May 1, 2012 at 12:25 AM

What Obama did as a ten year old is equivalent of what Romney did as an adult.

lester on April 30, 2012 at 7:11 PM

LOL!!!

lester, for squawking that with such genuine conviction, you win the prize for the most clueless, laughably bassackwards statement I have seen at HA!

When considering some of your esteemed, legendary, and tough competition, like sesquipedalian, getalife, c(r)apitulus, Grow Fins, crr6, simplesimon, liberal4life & libfreeordie, and KeninCT, trust me as much as you can when I say to you that you should feel very, very honored by your great achievement – you are #1 at the top of the muckheap!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU(!!!) for the free, cheap entertainment you’ve provided!!! :)

Bizarro No. 1 on May 1, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Morgen, thanks for the link to this fantastic story!
Didn’t know you were the one who “busted” Sotomayor.

I wonder, though, what world the author is living in, that in 2009 he could say things like this with a straight face (my emphasis):

Richmond seems a bright and fair-minded fellow, but he makes no bones about his political convictions or the purpose of his research and blogging. He has some of the skills and instincts of a reporter but not the motivation or ethics. Any news organization that simply trusted and aired his editing of Sotomayor’s remarks, as every one of them did, was abdicating its responsibility to do its own reporting. It was airing propaganda. There is nothing wrong with reporting propaganda, per se, so long as it is labeled as such.

I would describe their approach as post-journalistic. It sees democracy, by definition, as perpetual political battle. The blogger’s role is to help his side. Distortions and inaccuracies, lapses of judgment, the absence of context, all of these things matter only a little, because they are committed by both sides, and tend to come out a wash. Nobody is actually right about anything, no matter how certain they pretend to be. The truth is something that emerges from the cauldron of debate. No, not the truth: victory, because winning is way more important than being right. Power is the highest achievement. There is nothing new about this. But we never used to mistake it for journalism. Today it is rapidly replacing journalism, leading us toward a world where all information is spun, and where all “news” is unapologetically propaganda.

Of course, the author’s main purpose was explaining why the quotes Morgen injected into the pro-Sotomayor narrative to derail it needed to be explained, so that we could understand the — nuances — properly.

In both instances, Richmond’s political bias made him tone-deaf to the context and import of Sotomayor’s remarks. Bear in mind that he was looking not simply to understand the judge, but to expose her supposed hidden agenda.

(I thought it telling that there were only 2 online comments to this piece, both from 2011. Did anyone other than Morgen and his VerumSerum partner even read it in 2009?)

AesopFan on May 1, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Gary Johnson? Really… So, which one are you, Cheech or Chong?

cicerone on April 30, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Which liberal will you be voting for? 0bama or Romney?

Voting for Romney (D-​​Mass.): The Worst Mistake a Conservative Could Make

DannoJyd on May 1, 2012 at 1:03 AM

KOOLAID2 on April 30, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Yet another Willard supporter unable to give a good reason for voting for their liberal.

I’ll take the legalization of pot over the selection of liberal judges any time of the day. What I will not do is surrender my convictions to any liberal.

DannoJyd on May 1, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I’m so sorry I missed this, I was at work to pay for the less fortunate.
Thanks Jim, great job, I have had lots of fun with this…… god bless, and stay away from black SUV’s………..

angrymike on May 1, 2012 at 1:44 AM

#FORWARD,,, Has anybody told them this was a Nazi marching song?
Cause you know, Google and math is, like hard, and stuff.

Open The Door on May 1, 2012 at 7:32 AM

You know the insane thing about Obama’s dog food is that he probably lied about it.

Think about it. He was living in Indonesia at the time, a predominantly Muslim country. According to Islam, dog meat is unclean, so where did he get it?

Voyager on May 1, 2012 at 7:49 AM

1for·ward adj
\ˈfȯr-wərd, also ˈfō- or ˈfȯ-, Southern also ˈfär-\
Definition of FORWARD
1a : near, being at, or belonging to the forepart b : situated in advance
2a : strongly inclined : ready b : lacking modesty or reserve : brash
3: notably advanced or developed : precocious
4: moving, tending, or leading toward a position in front; also : moving toward an opponent’s goal
5a : advocating an advanced policy in the direction of what is considered progress b : extreme, radical

AND

Forward (generic name of socialist publications)

It appears quite obvious that Obama is asking that the socialist march ever leftward should continue.

Screw that noise!

insidiator on May 1, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Dark Star on April 30, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I’m seriously seeing a license plate here!

OBAMA8DOG

Here in Ohio, they have a special dog plate on which fits…

OBAMA8

Too funny!

dominigan on May 1, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Duuuuude……

That was….’Treacherous!’

Unrepentant Teapartyist on May 1, 2012 at 10:52 AM

I still want Obama to clarify the basis on which he distinguishes the respective ways women and dogs taste.

UnrepentantCurmudgeon on May 1, 2012 at 11:40 AM

“What’s the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull?
The pit bull is delicious.”

Sounds like he hasn’t been eating the right hockey moms.

krome on May 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM