Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on April 29, 2012 by Allahpundit

“The president who won the Nobel Peace Prize less than nine months after his inauguration has turned out to be one of the most militarily aggressive American leaders in decades…

“Mr. Obama’s readiness to use force — and his military record — have won him little support from the right. Despite countervailing evidence, most conservatives view the president as some kind of peacenik. From both the right and left, there has been a continuing, dramatic cognitive disconnect between Mr. Obama’s record and the public perception of his leadership: despite his demonstrated willingness to use force, neither side regards him as the warrior president he is

“[I]t is clear that he has completely shaken the ‘Vietnam syndrome’ that provided a lens through which a generation of Democratic leaders viewed military action. Still, the American public and chattering classes continue to regard the president as a thinker, not an actor; a negotiator, not a fighter.”

***

“White House counterterrorism adviser John Brennan appeared on three separate Sunday morning programs to discuss the administration’s efforts against al Qaeda a year after President Barack Obama ordered the raid that killed Osama bin Laden.

“‘We’re on the path towards al Qaeda’s destruction, and the president has committed that we’re not going to rest until al Qaeda is destroyed as an organization,” Brennan told CNN’s “State of the Union with Candy Crowley.’ ‘We’re not going to relent until they’re brought to justice one way or the other. We demonstrated the ability to do that with bin Laden.’”

***

“‘There are indicators that some elements of the Pakistani government may be protecting Zawahiri,’ says a U.S. intel official who did not want to be named discussing sensitive information. ‘We have reports that he’s been hanging out in Karachi for brief periods, and we just don’t think he’s going to be doing that without a lot of people knowing about it.’…

“If the U.S. gets Zawahiri in its sights, it won’t want to risk compromising an operation to take him out. The al Qaeda leader’s safest bet might be to hide as deep inside Pakistani territory as he can get. Riedel believes he’s probably already there. ‘I think the CIA would be looking for something that looks an awful lot like Abbottabad,’ he says. ‘A safe house in an urban area near a military base. That’s been the signature of almost all of the senior Qaeda operatives who have been killed or captured.’

“‘The problem for Zawahiri, however, is that “the CIA has demonstrated that it can break the code,’ says Riedel. ‘Bin Laden actually practiced pretty good operational security, but Zawahiri has to take it up a notch. If I were him, I would be worried. I think we’ll find him, and I don’t think it will take 10 years.’”

***

“Ignatius, who has read some of the documents the U.S. obtained from bin Laden’s compound, said the terror group’s leader knew some aspects of his organization failed

“However, the Washington Post journalist said the ideas of al Qaeda are stronger than the organization. ‘Bin Laden’s violent dreams of jihad probably died with him, but the idea of purifying the Muslim world of Western influence, of getting what he called apostate leaders like Hosni Mubarak in Egypt out of their jobs, that’s actually happened,’ Ignatius said.”

***

“Documents found in the house where Osama bin Laden was killed a year ago show a close working relationship between top al-Qaida leaders and Mullah Omar, the overall commander of the Taliban, including frequent discussions of joint operations against Nato forces in Afghanistan, the Afghan government and targets in Pakistan…

“The news will undermine hopes of a negotiated peace in Afghanistan, where the key debate among analysts and policymakers is whether the Taliban – seen by many as following an Afghan nationalist agenda – might once again offer a safe haven to al-Qaida or like-minded militants, or whether they can be persuaded to renounce terrorism…

“‘Questions and issues come up. They don’t see eye to eye on everything but it’s clear they understand they have an interest in co-operating [on attacks against Nato, Afghan government and Pakistani targets],’ the source said. ‘Of those engaged in the conversation, two [Zawahiri and Omar] are still alive today and there is no reason to believe that either has substantially changed his views in the last year.’”

***

“‘It’s wishful thinking to say al-Qaida is on the brink of defeat,’ says Seth Jones, a Rand analyst and adviser to U.S. special operations forces. ‘They have increased global presence, the number of attacks by affiliates has risen, and in some places like Yemen, they’ve expanded control of territory.’…

“Many U.S. officials cite the Yemen model as the way ahead: a small network of U.S. intelligence and military forces working with local forces to selectively target militants.

“‘The key challenge will be balancing aggressive counterterrorism operations with the risk of exacerbating the anti-Western global agenda’ of al-Qaida and its affiliates, Cardillo says.

“In other words, adds Jones, ‘it is a war in which the side that kills the most civilians loses.’”

***

“What we’re seeing now in Egypt is something that might be called electoral bin Ladenism. Take the group Gamaa Islamiya, which under its spiritual leader, Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, made the first unsuccessful attempt to destroy the World Trade Center in 1993. Today, the organization has formed a Salafist political party with the benign name Building and Development Party. This organization, which like al-Qaeda traces its roots to the Islamist theorist Sayyid Qutb, has 13 seats in the new Egyptian parliament…

“So, a year on, it’s a time to think about bin Laden’s failures but also about the ways his fellow Islamists have morphed toward a political movement more successful than even bin Laden could have dreamed.”

***

“Gibbs was asked by host David Gregory if the president believed that Romney would not have authorized the bin Laden mission had he access to the same intelligence.

“‘I don’t think it’s clear that he would,’ said Gibbs of Romney. ‘Again, he criticized Barack Obama a few years ago, when Barack Obama said if we had actionable intelligence about a high value target and let’s be clear: Nobody was bigger, nobody was a more high value target than Osama bin Laden.’”

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

“Gillespie, a former Republican National Committee chairman, responded: ‘This is one of the reasons President Obama has become one of the most divisive presidents in American history. He took something that was a unifying event for all Americans – an event that Gov. Romney congratulated him and the military and the intelligence analysts in our government for completing the mission in terms of killing Osama bin Laden – and he’s managed to turn it into a divisive partisan political attack.’”

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7

annoyinglittletwerp on April 30, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Umm…wasn’t it you who said your son want to one day fight for the IDF? Where did he get that idea from?

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:05 AM

dom…if you thought you could hang with the smart conservatives…you were wrong. you’re an idiot.

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:06 AM

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Yeah-AFTER he served his country in the USA.
My son is like me-a patriot and a Zionist.
They’re not mutually exclusive.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 30, 2012 at 2:07 AM

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Yeah, and your the one voting for Mitt Romeny…go figure.

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:07 AM

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:01 AM

You are sweet pea.

You gave him the Kung Foo Chop..KO first round.

bazil9 on April 30, 2012 at 2:08 AM

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:06 AM

please explain to me how you are a “conservative” when you are going to support Mitt Romney? You are not a conservative. Your a joke

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:08 AM

You’re just another brain washed Hannity drone

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:09 AM

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Does your mom know that you borrowed her credit card, or does she think that you bought a new lava lamp for the basement?

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Well, it was good lurking but it’s looking like the crazy came out tonight so…

BoxHead1 on April 30, 2012 at 2:09 AM

RINO in Name Only on April 30, 2012 at 1:52 AM

I know..haven’t we already established that? But his Dr silently wears the hood. Go figure.

bazil9 on April 30, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Don’t be silly. He didn’t write the newsletters. Or sign them. Floating Rock explained this to me the other day. It went something like this:

FR: RON PAUL!
RINOINO: Isn’t that guy a racist?
FR: Of course not. Dr. Paul stands for freedom and is therefore physically incapable of being a racist.
RINOINO: OK, but what about those newsletters?
FR: Lies, spread by his opponents to smear him
RINOINO: But here’s a direct quote.
FR: I Don’t believe you.
RINOINO: Here’s an actual link to a picture of the article.
FR: He didn’t write it.
RINOINO: It’s his Newsletter!
FR: He didn’t sign it.
RINOINO: Who’s signature is that at the bottom of the page?
FR: It’s a fake. I don’t trust your source.
RINOINO: It was in the news for weeks!! Ron Paul himself was on TV and he never denied the articles were put out in his name! What proof will you accept? Is there anything you would not dismiss as a conspiracy?
FR: RON PAUL!!

RINO in Name Only on April 30, 2012 at 2:10 AM

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:08 AM

‘You’re’- not ‘your’.
You’re not very bright.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 30, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Well, it was good lurking but it’s looking like the crazy came out tonight so…

BoxHead1 on April 30, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Who new, that you could smoke that much dope and stay awake, I bet that dom is having the munchies and called Domino.

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 2:11 AM

I need a tune Uncommon..I will go out in the rain and get you the song..I need it..cant remember the name.

bazil9 on April 30, 2012 at 2:12 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 30, 2012 at 2:10 AM

I thought you didn’t like Nazi’s, yet your sitting here being a grammar Nazi.

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:12 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 30, 2012 at 2:10 AM

notice I did it again just for you.

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:12 AM

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:12 AM

You’re effing up basic stuff.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 30, 2012 at 2:13 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 30, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Since it annoys you so much

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:13 AM

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:08 AM

f@ck off…you know nothing about me. I’ll support the libertarian candidate and I’ll lose. Like always. I don’t expect to win…I just want my mstha fing constitutional rights back.

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:13 AM

bazil9 on April 30, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Here you go Bazil, thought you might appreciate this.

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 2:13 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 30, 2012 at 2:10 AM

You should have stuck with your own advise twerp…don’t engage!

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:14 AM

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Well, I’m sure Mittens can help you out with that….let me know how it works out for ya

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:15 AM

You’re just another brain washed Hannity drone

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:09 AM

and you’re just another stupid lib who thinks Fox news is a factor. Idiot.

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:16 AM

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Whatever-and it’s ‘advice’. My mother’s a retired print reporter. I’m a decent editor thanks to her.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 30, 2012 at 2:16 AM

bazil9 on April 30, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Yo Dom, is this you?

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 2:16 AM

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:16 AM

ummm…okay idiot, if you think I’m a liberal then you’re brain dead.

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:19 AM

You should have stuck with your own advise twerp…don’t engage!

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:14 AM

typical…this idiot thinks they have something worth saying!

tee hee :)

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:19 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 30, 2012 at 2:16 AM

ummm, im guessing the NY Times?

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:20 AM

typical…this idiot thinks they have something worth saying!

tee hee :)

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:19 AM

…and your the idiot who was begging me to respond to you

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:21 AM

your the idiot

go ahead twerp

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:21 AM

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:15 AM

What’s wrong little paulbot, don’t you want to play anymore you stupid little maggot! Come on Biatch, lets rumble, or is your mommy calling you for some bagel bites?

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 2:22 AM

ummm…okay idiot, if you think I’m a liberal then you’re brain dead.

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:19 AM

I’m sorry! you’re not a lib!

but you still think Fox Noise is the business…so you’re stupid…also you’re stupid

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:22 AM

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:14 AM

She was an award-winning editor of a college newspaper in the 1980′s and then went to ‘beat’ reporting for some suburban Il/NW Indiana newpapers…and she doesn’t like the Herr Doktor either,

annoyinglittletwerp on April 30, 2012 at 2:23 AM

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:22 AM

you make no sense

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Sorry Uncommon..my song for you isnt on youtube..too old school I guess. I get points for trying.

Catching up on yours links..not ignoring.

bazil9 on April 30, 2012 at 2:24 AM

I’m sorry! you’re not a lib!

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:22 AM

DHChron, you have to understand that the little paulbot wants someone to be his mommy, someone left him on the side of the road and picked up fluffy. He has issues, but that’s ok, as he does have some really good weed!

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 2:24 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 30, 2012 at 2:23 AM

good for her, hopefully after all that has been done to this country she at least has a nice retirement. I’m sorry to hear she doesn’t like herr doktor.

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Catching up on yours links..not ignoring.

bazil9 on April 30, 2012 at 2:24 AM

No problema, try this one on for size.

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 2:26 AM

OK, I should probably get going.

Goodnight everyone.

And Dom, don’t let those Neocon warmongers take over the world while everyone else is sleeping, okay? I’m counting on you.

RINO in Name Only on April 30, 2012 at 2:27 AM

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 2:24 AM

just keep searching for more of your gay 80′s songs.

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:27 AM

RINO in Name Only on April 30, 2012 at 2:27 AM

sleep tight, but make sure you check for any terrorists hiding under your bed first :)

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:30 AM

just keep searching for more of your gay 80′s songs.

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:27 AM

are you a bigot too? cause I don’t stand for that sh!t

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:30 AM

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:30 AM

typical

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:32 AM

ou make no sense

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:24 AM

this is what someone says when they’re stupid

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Someone has a problem with gays and Jews.

Thx Uncommon..how can you not hear some Ska and not be happy? Love it.

Now..a Ska spin off is..No Doubt..

A fave..

bazil9 on April 30, 2012 at 2:32 AM

typical :) figures. libs are dumb as hell

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:33 AM

just keep searching for more of your gay 80′s songs.

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Wow, that is all you got, and here I thought you might actually have some brain cells that might still be working, that must be some good dope, is that medical mary jane? So, did mom make you have a bath, notice it took you awhile to get back to me. Here you go, just cause I know you hate 80′s music, probably cause you listen to Rick Dee’s and watch American Idol hoping that Ron gets a gig after the GOP convention.

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 2:33 AM

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:32 AM

No, that’s what you say when somebody makes no sense because they are braindead!

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:35 AM

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 2:33 AM

I guessing “uncommon sense” is because your a moron

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:36 AM

your

TWERP??!!

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:37 AM

com
tell me why is it you ron Paul ppl are the most annoying of any of the bots, is because YOU LOST and now just want to ruin everyone else’s fun? Don’t worry when the SHTF we will probably be looking for ppl just like you first. When we start culling the heard we will get rid of the annoying ones first, except ALT……

angrymike on April 30, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Where are ya Twerp, you go to sleep?

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:37 AM

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Dude, coming from that freakin paulbot idiot that drinks bong water, smokes hemp, and probably eats kitty almond rocha like his dog… dude, have you checked your breath lately??? I’m not sure if it is your dog, or if you have gotten into the cat box!

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 2:37 AM

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:35 AM

woooooaaaaaahhhhhh.

good one.

Christ…bring some ammunition next time

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:38 AM

LOL, like watching a 16 yr old type.

DHC and Uncommon..I have work calling in the AM. Was a pleasure as always.
Be good but not to good. ;)

DHC, I luv you and stuff.
Make Monday a good one.

bazil9 on April 30, 2012 at 2:39 AM

angrymike on April 30, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Don’t be angry mike. I can imagine it must suck having to support a wishy washy liberal and have to pretend he is a conservative.

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:40 AM

I guessing “uncommon sense” is because your a moron

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:36 AM

That’s right I’m the moron, but I’m not the one who thinks that his candidate is going to get the nomination at the convention… why don’t you go along and play with your barbie’s and see if you can get a date!

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Where are ya Twerp, you go to sleep?

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:37 AM

stalking ain’t the bestest

actually it’s the worstest…stop being strange. I’ll call the cops.

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:40 AM

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:38 AM

sldohto lad jjofb osdk; osokn!

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:42 AM

LOL, like watching a 16 yr old type.

DHC and Uncommon..I have work calling in the AM. Was a pleasure as always.
Be good but not to good. ;)

DHC, I luv you and stuff.
Make Monday a good one.

bazil9 on April 30, 2012 at 2:39 AM

One for the road Bazil

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Bazil9
Awwww how sweet, lol good night and sweet dreams……..

angrymike on April 30, 2012 at 2:42 AM

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 2:40 AM

drag queens and barbies? you have serious problems.

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:43 AM

drag queens and barbies? you have serious problems.

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Yup, but at least I can retort to your stoooopid BS. Here you go Dom, you little LGBT

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 2:45 AM

com
I actually want Hitler to be reincarnated ohhhhhhhh, I guess I should vote for RP…,..
Step away from the koolaid ……….

angrymike on April 30, 2012 at 2:46 AM

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:43 AM

I wish I could be as cool as you…wait – I am cooler than you…

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:47 AM

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 2:45 AM

I’m stupid, yet it was you guys who started with the name calling…I’m guessing it’s because you’re stuck supporting someone you don’t really believe in.

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:48 AM

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:47 AM

sld ld;jf oi dkf masdio m pdkij aldaosd ij o!!

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:49 AM

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:48 AM

haha…you have fun with your two party system…Mitt will still wipe the floor with Obama. I’m voting for Gary.

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:51 AM

angrymike on April 30, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Can you tell me why you are supporting Mitt? Or do you need a minute to listen to some Hannity re-runs to gather your thoughts?

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:52 AM

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:51 AM

okay, I’m with you there…Would you vote for Paul if he went third party? Or are you die hard Gary?

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:55 AM

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:52 AM

seriously…you’re an idiot.

no one cares about Hannity. You’re an idiot.

It’s the economy……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………stupid

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:55 AM

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Yeah, that might be the choice, but at least I’m not stuck in my mom’s basement. Rmoney might not be the candidate that I would have prefered, but at least I’m not smoking dope, drinking bong water, hoping that some how reality might be changed… but then again we all have real jobs, pay mortgages and have to deliver for our families. So, unlike you, who might sell yourself to science so that you can buy the ganja and hope that nobody asks you to defend your country, you might want to go to bed, or call the the suicide prevention hotline… cause here is another tune that relates to you.

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 2:55 AM

dom
I do believe that your not very smart, do you understand how the process works? Ppl run, the person who has the most support wins, we vote for that person, and hold his feet to the fire…….
Your guy is done dude, so take your ball and head back to mommy’s basement …….

angrymike on April 30, 2012 at 2:55 AM

angrymike on April 30, 2012 at 2:55 AM

I know how the process works…but I’m done holding my nose and you should be too…that is the problem. You’re going to let media dictate who you vote for.

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:59 AM

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:55 AM

I’m die hard not Obama.

He’s the liar in chief. If you don’t see that you’re dumb. also…you’re dumb

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Uncommon, DHChron
I’m done, I’m going back to bed. Later y-all………

angrymike on April 30, 2012 at 3:01 AM

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 2:59 AM

You’re right, I’m done holding my nose also, but holy christ you stink shyte on ice… please get out of your mom’s basement. Your dude has as much chance as a third party candidate, as pee wee Herman has not getting busted in a adult theater.

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Oh and have fun with the child, he really needs to find himself a clue……..

angrymike on April 30, 2012 at 3:02 AM

angrymike on April 30, 2012 at 3:01 AM

night Mike, sorry you had to deal with junior, but somebody didn’t have the formula ready… sorry the crying woke you up.

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 3:03 AM

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 2:55 AM

You are a prime example of a Fox News, Talk Radio drone. You think all Paul supporters are jobless dope smoking drug addicts. Just fyi, I do not support drug use, I do not live in my mommy’s basement, I do pay a mortgage, I do have a job and I do have a family that I support. I also served in the military, like most Ron Paul supporters.

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 3:06 AM

DHChron on April 30, 2012 at 2:59 AM

If you don’t see that Romney would also be a liar in chief then you’re dumb…also you’re dumb!

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 3:08 AM

Wanna Be street thug turns President and these fools are surprised? This guy has been nothing but a bully since “I won”.
He is a moron. No wonder he claims Travon.

pat on April 30, 2012 at 3:10 AM

angrymike on April 30, 2012 at 3:02 AM

…and one day after you wake from your stupor you’ll realize the right is the left and the left is the right…there is no difference!

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 3:14 AM

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 3:08 AM

Yeah, so voting to Paul is going to make the universe come to order and the sees will stop rising and life with the unicorns and skittles will be just awesome! Dude, your guy has as much support as a an STD is likeable… What the hell! just deal with what you can, and make an influence were you can. If you think that Paul has a chance at the presidency, you have been smoking dope, contrary to what you profess. Just drink the water, it might taste bad to begin with, but you’ll get use to it.

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 3:15 AM

“Bergen offers this perspective: ‘Seventeen Americans have been killed by Al Qaeda or people influenced by its ideas since 9/11. More Americans die in their bathtubs by significant amounts, by accidental drowning. We don’t have a fear of accidental bathtub drowning.’…”

F this. Good night.

Ugly on April 30, 2012 at 3:17 AM

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Are you sure that you aren’t a medical mary jane smoker? three lefts make a right, get over it. Your guy can’t make it, get on board or be left behind… I’m sure that Obamie will let you paulbots live in peace when he brings martial law down on us, that or you’ll be the first that he hunts out, cause I bet you taste like dog.

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 3:18 AM

America is destroying itself from within, terrorists are the least of our problems. 9/11 was just what the police-state needed to drive a wedge of fear between the American people and their freedom, and now they submit to the police-state willingly, even pleadingly. In fact some people openly mock and smear anybody who dares to suggest that perhaps freedom, liberty and the American way was better. By destroying that, haven’t the terrorists won? Sure, the terrorists could never destroy what once made America so great, but we have destroyed it ourselves.

If terrorism is really such a huge threat, so much so that we have to sacrifice our Constitutional rights, then why does the government leave our borders relatively open and undefended? Obviously if terrorism was really such a huge threat then protecting our border would be one of the the first and most obvious measures to take, and is certainly preferable to destroying the Constitution, yet while the ruling class continues to push for an ever more powerful police-state, using terrorism as the pretext, they also want open borders and plenty of magnets to draw illegals here. Why? Probably because they know they’re just using terrorism as an excuse to steal our rights to increase their own power over us.

The terrorists are winning, for example both Obama and Romney support the NDAA bill that allows a president to lock away America citizens indefinitely, with no Constitutional or legal protections such as a lawyer or trial. A clear and flagrant violation of the Constitution, yet both parties overwhelmingly voted for it in Congress, with only a few dissenters, and Obama signed it on New Years Eve when all eyes were elsewhere.

All Osama had to do to defeat us was to give people a reason to fear so that the fascists among us could take over and destroy us from within.

FloatingRock on April 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 3:15 AM

Dude, Wake up! Do you not get it. It is not just D vs. R or left vs. right…they are the SAME, Romney = Obama…we lose either way!!! They are two different roads leading to the same destination. We have no choice if they are the options.

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM

FloatingRock on April 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Dude, I have tried to have a nice discussion with you. The only thing that you could do was complain about the “Good Ol Days” at Hot Air. Don’t even jump in with the Paulisms… As you don’t have a viable solution, if you want to defend Dom, be my guest, but it will go badly.

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 3:22 AM

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Yes, they are different sides of the same coin, but at least one of them we can influence with a dominant congress… If you want to vote for Paul, as a third party candidate, which he said he won’t do, then you are part of the problem, not the solution… and any future suffering we have is on your head!

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Here you go, this is what it is all about.

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 3:29 AM

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 3:25 AM

You’re dreaming. You can not influence him. He is a puppet. The banks who put him there influence him. Also, Do you really think you have influence over the congress? Where was your influence when this “Conservative Tea-Party” Congress just passed CISPA?

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 3:30 AM

Dude, I have tried to have a nice discussion with you.

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 3:22 AM

You imply that I was not nice to you in some way, could you please provide a quote? I don’t recall ever doing that and it’s not my style.

FloatingRock on April 30, 2012 at 3:33 AM

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 3:30 AM

I tell you what, why don’t you drop out of society, take your money, your job, your life, and go move to the wilderness… Do you really think that you have any influence over Wall Street, do you think your stupid little complaints to companies, or your little boycots really change a freakinin thing? Are you so stupid that you think that half a dozen dumba$$es can make that big of difference? Go back to your dope, as this country is 300+ million people, you are an a$$!

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 3:34 AM

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 3:34 AM

You get mad when you lose an argument. You need to work on that

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 3:35 AM

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 3:30 AM

The tea party used to stand for freedom, liberty and balanced budgets but has since been subverted and now stands for the opposite.

FloatingRock on April 30, 2012 at 3:37 AM

FloatingRock on April 30, 2012 at 3:19 AM

I’m not sure we are quite to a “police state”but as to the substance of this statement, damn, when you’re right, you’re right FR. :-)

DoubleClutchin on April 30, 2012 at 3:38 AM

FloatingRock on April 30, 2012 at 3:33 AM

I didn’t imply that you weren’t nice, you are now making up false injustices. I did comment that you could only retort with the fact that QOTD wasn’t like the “Good ol days” and that you would ban people like ALT and those that didn’t discuss what you wanted to, or those that posted music links. Paul is done, get over it. Even if you were to convince everyone here at HA that they should vote for Paul, what would it achieve? it isn’t enough. When your guy let you down, cause he would, as he is a politician, then what? are you going to curl up into the fetal position and cry? Where was your guy all of this year? go look at his voting record, then get back to me and tell me he isn’t just trying to set up infrastructure for Rand… Please like your politician is any more noble than any other person’s politician. You people are sad.

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 3:40 AM

DoubleClutchin on April 30, 2012 at 3:38 AM

Thanks. I didn’t mean to imply there are gulags or anything, yet, but that the police-state is using fear to accelerate itself, and at the present we have the TSA security theater, the NDAA, CISPA and so many other things that are all starting to add up to way too much.

FloatingRock on April 30, 2012 at 3:41 AM

uncommon sense on April 30, 2012 at 3:34 AM

It’s really a shame to see how clueless you are. One day you too will wake from your stupor. And please don’t confuse me with “Occupy” because I am not that. They are a far left progressive movement. What you must understand is that the banks run this country, not the president. Then you will be headed in the right direction.

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 3:42 AM

FloatingRock on April 30, 2012 at 3:37 AM

Exactly! It was hijacked.

dom89031 on April 30, 2012 at 3:46 AM