Poll: What was the Obamateurism of the Week?

posted at 9:31 am on April 29, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Here’s your chance to cross an item off your life, er, weekly list and choose this week’s biggest Obamateurism!  Check your facts and make sure the record’s complete before casting your vote, of course, and then, er … check your facts again.   As you all know, a few bad assumptions can get in the way of clear thinking …

Previous weekly “winners” in 2012:

• Gets annoyed when asked about number of vacations, doesn’t answer question
  • “I’m confident that the Supreme Court will not take what would be an unprecedented, extraordinary step of overturning a law that was passed by a strong majority of a democratically elected Congress.”
  • “This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility.”
  • Blames Fox News for his unpopularity because “they hear Obama is a Muslim 24/7, and it begins to seep in”
  • Attacks Limbaugh while remaining silent on Maher contribution to his super-PAC
  • Says “when the chips are down, I have Israel’s back,” WH claims it’s not a military doctrine
  • Apology to Karzai “calmed things down
  • Uses Boeing plant in SC to cheer manufacturing after his NLRB tried to shut it down
  • Emphasizes graduation rates in SOTU, cuts DC voucher program that nearly doubled grad rates
  • “Well, it turns out our Founders designed a system that makes it more difficult to bring about change that I would like sometimes.”
  • Finds claim of unemployment “interesting” because he is getting “the word” that woman’s husband should have no trouble finding work
  • Hails Roe as essential to allow “our daughters … to fulfill their dreams
  • Shuts down DisneyWorld in order to promote tourism
  • “He didn’t want to take pictures with any more soldiers; he was complaining about it[.]
  • Famous opponent of signing statements issues one covering 17 provisions of bill he signed

Previous Obamateurisms of the Year:

• Giving 2 minutes of “shout-outs” before getting to the Fort Hood shooting (2009)
  • Obama leaves Clinton at press conference podium on tax deal to attend Christmas party (2010)
  • “I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president— with the possible exceptions of Johnson, F.D.R., and Lincoln.” (2011)

Got an Obamateurism of the Day? If you see a foul-up by Barack Obama, e-mail it to me at obamaisms@edmorrissey.com with the quote and the link to the Obamateurism. I’ll post the best Obamateurisms on a daily basis, depending on how many I receive. Include a link to your blog, and I’ll give some link love as well. And unlike Slate, I promise to end the feature when Barack Obama leaves office.

Comments

Narcissistic POS

Rio Linda Refugee on April 29, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I went with the ‘quoting’ because it highlighted the basic instinct to lie and mislead that is at the heart of this guy’s campaign. When you can stand up and misrepresent someone else’s words to make your point…or the fact that you HAVE to misrepresent their words in order to make your political point, you’ve really shown yourself to be as empty on ethics as you are on workable policies.

CitizenEgg on April 29, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I’m just quoting here………

Long haired country boy on April 29, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Appropriately, the graph looks like we are being flipped off by Obama for not appreciating his nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills… Girls only want presidents who have great skills.

Fallon on April 29, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Obamas griped that the American public just did not appreciate their exceptional leader

How narcissistic is this guy? All of these except one are textbook narcissism on display.

ExpressoBold on April 29, 2012 at 9:41 AM

#3. I’m griped all right. But Obama is right–the American people are pretty stupid. After all, they elected him. Let’s correct our mistake in November

NOMOBO on April 29, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Lady: I’m here for my mammogram….!

PP: wut?

ted c on April 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Narcissistic POS

Rio Linda Refugee on April 29, 2012 at 9:38 AM

FIFY

Long haired country boy on April 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Girls only want presidents who have great skills.

Fallon on April 29, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Biden says Obama’s got a big stick.

coldwarrior on April 29, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Scrubbing missed shots. Just like his bc.

50sGuy on April 29, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Huh. I didn’t think it’d be #3.

Weight of Glory on April 29, 2012 at 9:47 AM

…the American public just did not appreciate their exceptional leader.

We’re not worthy. How could a country of mean bitter clingers be worthy?

Drained Brain on April 29, 2012 at 9:50 AM

” I’m just quoting here.” What a bunch of lightweights. Who decides what goes on the teleprompter.

newportmike on April 29, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Gotta go with the fear-mongering mammogram lie. The Democrat War on Women continues…

visions on April 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Drained Brain on April 29, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Not only that….we are all racist for even imagining Obama being a one-term President.

coldwarrior on April 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM

…I voted for the gripping about not appreciating Obama’s “greatness”…

But I am going to have to add one:

I taking the absurdity of Obama to appoint an “anti-bullying” Czar that condemns and insults Christians for their stance on Gay issues while standing in front of a group of students and calling them “Pansy a$$es”…

…..but who works for and supports a President who….wait for it…
……….is against Gay Marriage based on his….wait for it……Christain faith.

HOPEFULS DIFFER AS THEY DEBATE GAY MARRIAGE

By PATRICK HEALY
Published: October 31, 2008

Several gay friends and wealthy gay donors to Senator Barack Obama have asked him over the years why, as a matter of logic and fairness, he opposes same-sex marriage even though he has condemned old miscegenation laws that would have barred his black father from marrying his white mother.

The difference, Mr. Obama has told them, is religion.
As a Christian — he is a member of the United Church of Christ — Mr. Obama believes that marriage is a sacred union, a blessing from God, and one that is intended for a man and a woman exclusively,
according to these supporters and Obama campaign advisers.

You really can’t make this ignorance and hypocrisy up….the stupidity is staggering.

Baxter Greene on April 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Narcissistic POS

Rio Linda Refugee on April 29, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Narcissus called. He said he gives up.

mchristian on April 29, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I think we need a separate category for Obama Campaign lie of the day.

forest on April 29, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Fallon on April 29, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Maybe he could build me a cake…

ladyingray on April 29, 2012 at 9:58 AM

I’m going to have to go back and read but I think it’s a toss up between “quotes” and mammograms at PP. I think he might be a bit fuzzy on what the words mean on those two.

Cindy Munford on April 29, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Exceptional? Indeed!

The worst president to have had influence over my life and well-being!

OldEnglish on April 29, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Exceptionally….. bad.

NeighborhoodCatLady on April 29, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I voted for the Planned Parenthood claim, this lying liar who lies needs to be called on it.

waelse1 on April 29, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Baxter Greene on April 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Anti-polygamy laws come to mind, as well, considering Obama’s father was already married to another woman… but, Obama continues to plumb the depths of hypocrisy and he is, as usual, given a pass on just about everything by his supporters and the press.

Fallon on April 29, 2012 at 10:11 AM

As long as Scooter has himself, he’ll never be alone.

kingsjester on April 29, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Maybe he could build me a cake…

ladyingray on April 29, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Or, give us some tots.

Fallon on April 29, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Or, give us some tots.

Fallon on April 29, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Ok, where I come from “tots” means children. The mind boggles! :)

OldEnglish on April 29, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Number three is just infuriating. It’s outrageous he’s occupying the White House. It makes me sick to think about him.

doublezero12 on April 29, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Worst president ever.

Some might consider that exceptional.

justltl on April 29, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Went with the I’m just quoting since it reinforces that he’s the liar in chief.

Kissmygrits on April 29, 2012 at 10:26 AM

This will be the subject of his podium pounding epic rant when he loses/realizes he has no hope of winning, adding to that statement how “unworthy” of him the Anerican People are.

wildcat72 on April 29, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Ok, where I come from “tots” means children. The mind boggles! :)

OldEnglish on April 29, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Sorry, that is disturbing. See Napoleon Dynamite quotes.

Fallon on April 29, 2012 at 10:28 AM

All of the above. And more.

bazil9 on April 29, 2012 at 10:30 AM

I frequently think of all of the wonderful, intellectual, articulate, non-judgmental, honest, transparent, God-fearing, open-minded black men that exist in this fine nation of ours, and this is the dolt we get? He simply is sickening.

hillsoftx on April 29, 2012 at 10:32 AM

wildcat72 on April 29, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I’m afraid you’ll be right. The worst it looks, the more his thin-skinned, petty nature will show. That’ll turn more Americans against him. So, I do hope he starts showing his backside more and more.

You know, the thing I still don’t understand is who still finds him personally likable.’ Who are these people?

doublezero12 on April 29, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Fallon on April 29, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Thanks, I learn something new every day. :)

OldEnglish on April 29, 2012 at 10:38 AM

doublezero12 on April 29, 2012 at 10:35 AM

The Bradley Effect. People feel they can say they disapprove of his awful record but still are afraid that saying they don’t “like” a half-black President would make them look raaaaaaaacist! to the pollster.

wildcat72 on April 29, 2012 at 10:40 AM

The Supreme Court doesn’t really apppreciate his exceptional leadership, either.

Curtiss on April 29, 2012 at 10:51 AM

hillsoftx on April 29, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Well, he is the One they wuz waitin for . . .

BigAlSouth on April 29, 2012 at 10:51 AM

We really, really don’t like him!!

Thank goodness that Obama, the dog eater, is not a failed far left narcissistic ideologue, just ask him.

jukin3 on April 29, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I’m with the 4% who voted for the White House video / 3-point shot — not because of the editing so much as the concept of the presidency being turned into a 24/7 narcissism project and reelection campaign.

Sowell Disciple on April 29, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Wow they scrubbed his missed shots, what a metaphor for the dinosaur media “scrubbing” all of his consequential missed shots. meanwhile, Sen. Scott Brown makes an underhand throw from half court nothing but net swish on one try. Har, Har. I can see November from my backyard.

skanter on April 29, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I believe Nero and Hitler made similar statements. Hey, if you’re going to go there, I’ll just point it out.

rbj on April 29, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Stealing the term “exceptional” from America, slapping it on himself then calling us unappreciative–just another absurd example of his narcissism contorted, distorted, mutilated and twisted into piggish, pompous egomania so typical of this conceited, insatiably self-absorbed, self-centered, self-indulgent, self-loving, self-serving, demoniacal prince of darkness.

Amazing, isn’t it, that someone could be so bad as to inspire the above description of himself? Alas, that’s who he’s been as Prezuhdunce.

stukinIL4now on April 29, 2012 at 11:24 AM

…gosh…I finally voted with the majority!

KOOLAID2 on April 29, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Went with the griper in chief

cmsinaz on April 29, 2012 at 11:28 AM

…the American public just did not appreciate their exceptional leader.

Americans always appreciate exceptional leaders. You’re just not one of them, sparky. You might be a pretty good “community organizer”, but I still haven’t figured out what that really is, unless THAT’S what you’ve been doing the last 3-1/2 years. It’s been nothing resembling leadership, of that I’m certain.

Harbingeing on April 29, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Narcissistic POS

Rio Linda Refugee on April 29, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Before I saw you post, I was thinking the same thing. Every week the same answer you provided works. It’s so bad that I can’t be creative anymore. He is what he is.

BetseyRoss on April 29, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Had to go with PP and the mammogram nonsnse.

His blatant lies always amaze me the most.

Tim_CA on April 29, 2012 at 11:36 AM

“Planned Parenthood provides services for women like mammograms, and free Skittles.”

Akzed on April 29, 2012 at 11:40 AM

An easy call for once – that’s how much it stands out.
The Black Narcissus knows NO bounds re: honor and integrity.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on April 29, 2012 at 12:11 PM

so you don’t like Owe? You simply don’t appreciate his grandeur, audacity, hopefulness and intelligence. After all, Owe is the smartest President evah with the most transparent administration evah, whose wife is on the “most beautiful list” according to NBC. What more could we want?

katablog.com on April 29, 2012 at 12:20 PM

“I’m just quoting…”

That’s just like those idiots who say something obnoxious and/or inappropriate and think ending with “I’m just sayin’…” absolves them of any responsibility for what they said. Yeah, and I’m “just sayin’ ” STFU.

teacherman on April 29, 2012 at 12:25 PM

wildcat72 on April 29, 2012 at 10:26 AM

We Can’t Wait.

Harbingeing on April 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM

The party of death…the new democrat socialist party…killing babies and economies wherever they go

crosshugger on April 29, 2012 at 12:46 PM

This one reminded me of tee-ball… And the American Public doesn’t truly appreciate that game either.

RalphyBoy on April 29, 2012 at 1:40 PM

“I’m just quoting…”

“You remember when the country rallied around you in hopes of a better tomorrow? That was hilarious.”

“There’s a term for guys like President Obama,” Kimmel said with a pause. “Probably not two terms.”

Green eyed Lady on April 29, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Ingrates are just soooo irritating.

lynncgb on April 29, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Exceptional my ass.

I’ll never cheer for or appreciate any marxist anti American that managed to go so far in destroying America with the aid of SO many stupid Americans.

Middle finger salute, that’s the only appreciation this scumbag deserves.

And I’m being painfully gracious here.

Wolfmoon on April 29, 2012 at 2:48 PM

We are so unworthy, I’m surprised he’s running for a second term. Why is he casting pearls before swine? He should go off to some lovely European country where they will really appreciate him and possibly make hime president for life. I’ll be happy to pay for Air Force One to take him on that trip.

talkingpoints on April 29, 2012 at 4:09 PM

I had to consider the last three, two of which show what a lying POS he is, and one shows his megalomania.

The sentiment that the subjects do not appreciate the greatness of their leader has interesting historical parallels. I couldn’t resist it.

Eren on April 29, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Waaaah! Ingrates, all of you!

Philly on April 29, 2012 at 4:37 PM

o/t

If you’re interested, some Sunday afternoon reading:

The Socialist Roots of Naziism by Hayek

Music by David Bowie

Apocalyptic Daze by Pascal Bruckner

Music by The Church

Resist We Much on April 29, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Sorry, to be slightly off-topic, but I recall how a few weeks ago, as gas prices were approaching five bucks a gallon, Obama got a lot of flack (because, clearly, it was his fault). Well, yesterday I gassed up my minvan for $3.99 a gallon in Reston, VA. Now that gas prices are falling, are we going to give him credit for a job well done? Or has it suddenly become blindingly obvious that the president does not have the power to influence gas prices?

Time Lord on April 29, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Time Lord on April 29, 2012 at 7:02 PM

They were $1.89 and falling when he took office, so no but good try.

whbates on April 29, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Heh, easy choice this week.

WannabeAnglican on April 29, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Time Lord on April 29, 2012 at 7:02 PM

They were $1.89 and falling when he took office, so no but good try.

whbates on April 29, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Obowma and Bill O’Reilly want to blame the oil speculators for price increases, so that means oil speculators have lowered the prices? Supply and demand drives the price, oil speculators respond to the market direction, they don’t drive the price.

dthorny on April 30, 2012 at 1:26 AM

“I’m just quoting here, I’m just quoting.”

Maybe that one should have been explained better. Purposefully misquoting someone just to battle that newly created Red Herring really gets to the essence of the Pu$$y in Chief better than anything else.

MNHawk on April 30, 2012 at 6:22 AM

Time Lord on April 29, 2012 at 7:02 PM

It’s blindingly obvious that those dumb enough to be enchanted by your President’s battlings of red herrings, also don’t have clue #1 about the law of supply & demand.

MNHawk on April 30, 2012 at 6:24 AM

I voted for the Obama/Clooney “life List” $3 raffle simply because it highlights how low Obama will go to get a vote.

philly_PA on April 30, 2012 at 7:05 AM

wildcat72 on April 29, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Maybe the pollsters should have offered the option of “His black half is likeable but I hate his sorry-a$$ white half”.

swinia sutki on April 30, 2012 at 7:16 AM