Anti-bullying hero bullies conference of school children

posted at 11:46 am on April 28, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

Barack Obama and Joe Biden may be having second thoughts about assigning Dan Savage as their de facto “Anti-Bullying Czar” this year. According to Fox News, the sex advice columnist – Savage Love – and gay rights activist who founded It Gets Better seems to either have a hard time understanding the definition of bullying or has some serious issues with irony.

Really? So you picked a raunchy sex advice columnist who publishes a column called “Savage Love” as your ambassador to help out at risk children. What could possibly go wrong? Well, here’s what can possibly go wrong.

As many as 100 high school students walked out of a national journalism conference after an anti-bullying speaker began cursing, attacked the Bible and reportedly called those who refused to listen to his rant “pansy asses.” …

Savage was supposed to be delivering a speech about anti-bullying at the National High School Journalism Conference sponsored by the Journalism Education Association and the National Scholastic Press Association. But it turned into an episode of Christian-bashing.

Rick Tuttle, the journalism advisor for Sutter Union High School in California, was among several thousand people in the audience. He said they thought the speech was one thing – but it turned into something else.

“I thought this would be about anti-bullying,” Tuttle told Fox news. “It turned into a pointed attack on Christian beliefs.”

Tuttle said a number of his students were offended by Savage’s remarks – and some decided to leave the auditorium.

“It became hostile,” he said. “It felt hostile as we were sitting in the audience – especially towards Christians who espouse beliefs that he was literally taking on.”

The speaker, in a supposed attempt to encourage young people to behave in a civil fashion toward each other, immediately launches into a diatribe against Christian values. When some of the students – particularly a few of the young ladies – become offended, he berates them and engages in hostile name calling. This is the keystone of the anti-bullying campaign?

For anyone to be shocked by this outcome, you’d either have to be completely ignorant about the author’s history or … well… have a job at the White House, I suppose. For just one brief sample of the aforementioned “Savage Love” wisdom, click here. But before you do, I have to warn you… the language in this column is absolutely not safe for work and not appropriate for children to read. Also, if you are easily offended, don’t read it either. (Or at least don’t say I didn’t warn you.) I will not be reprinting any of the quotables here today.

UPDATE: (Jazz) I won’t embed it here because of the NSFW language, but if you want to watch Savage’s speech (along with all of the Christian students walking out) you can do so here. Link provided via Twitter by Ningrim.

But wait! We have located what is likely the primary source material Dan Savage used in developing this program. Watch the video and be amazed.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7

Why is it only “hate speech” when Leftists disagree with it? Why is “bullying” not really “bullying” when the Left engages in it? Why is it that the Left insists that homosexuality is “from birth” and not a choice while at the same time arguing (and in some places attempting to indoctrinate little kids) that gender itself is merely a “subjective social construct” that is not really determined by birth?

Why is it that the Left uses political correctness as an axe to attack those who disagree with them on pretty much any issue but then pretend that political correctness doesn’t even exist when they get caught violating the rules of their own game?

cicerone on April 28, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I believe that gay pride parades are the worst thing to happen to gay rights and acceptance, and here, as always, it’s gay activists themselves who are their own worst enemy.

BocaJuniors on April 28, 2012 at 4:43 PM

There is something to this.

I’m not anti-gay. Nor am I pro-hetero. I simply do not want to know nor do I care about anybody’s sexual preference. These are not the terms I define myself or view the world. Yet pro-gay activists not only demand legal recognition, they will not be happy until society abandons thousands of years of ethos to openly embrace their lifestyle.

I simply cannot do so. And a big part of it is due to gay activists. I lived in New Orleans for a number of years and every Labor Day is the Southern Decadance Festival. It is a big enough deal that the French Quarter is adorned with rainbow flags.

Simply put, I’m all for changing the laws so that same-sex couples are better able to be a couple. That kind of commitment isn’t what is on display in New Orleans over the first weekend in September. I had to fly out on the Tuesday after. I was about the only person on the flight that was not part of a same-sex couple. If one’s only exposure to homosexuality was this flight, I’d be dead set against anything to do with gays.

Happy Nomad on April 28, 2012 at 5:11 PM

The photo at this thread truly sickens me.

onlineanalyst on April 28, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Oh man, now you’ve gone and done it.

LibFree will be insufferable now.

jaydee_007 on April 28, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Thank you for providing that link. I don’t think I ever heard of this putz before but he clearly is quite the darling among gay activists and the idiots who support them.

Happy Nomad on April 28, 2012 at 4:38 PM

1st it was “Safe School Czar” pedophilia pimping Kevin Jennings and now this de facto “Anti-Bullying Czar.” Pretty much sums up the Obama Administration’s objective- Destroy Christianity by indoctrinating the children.

redridinghood on April 28, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I prefer civil conversation. If all you can do is ridicule that, like a bully, then I’m not interested in continuing this conversation.

For the record, I prefer wit, camp and a well oiled turn of phrase to “bullying.” See the James Baldwin-William F. Buckley debate on youtube for examples of my general ontology ’round these parts. You won’t see me use profanity, well…not in excess anyway, or engage in name-calling whatsoever. Bullying bludgeons, bullying screams, bullying torments and hounds and seeks to destroy another. I, on the other hand, merely seek to amuse myself and those few others who seem to get me around here. But, go head Delores Van Cartier, we’re all very convinced as to your conversion into an innocent nun. What will you be leading the choir in this week, Hail Holy Queen or that charming Catholic version of “My Guy?”

libfreeordie on April 28, 2012 at 5:13 PM

libfreeordie on April 28, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Was that intentional?

MadisonConservative on April 28, 2012 at 5:15 PM

The photo at this thread truly sickens me.

onlineanalyst on April 28, 2012 at 5:06 PM

*hands online analyst a vomit bag* There you go dear, I recommend putting it between your legs and dry heaving until the homophobe panic subsides. And make sure not to click on hot air again for at least three days lest your retinas be permanently scared by the foul image. I mean, a man kissing his partner on the cheek? What poisonous photo will you have to endure next?!? I weep, *weep* I say, for you and for the nation.

libfreeordie on April 28, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Was that intentional?

MadisonConservative on April 28, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Ha! OK OK, I got myself there. But it was too inspired to resist! I mean this whole innocent act you’re putting on, a sister act reference (I just saw that movie again the other day) what can I say, I couldn’t help myself. :)

libfreeordie on April 28, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Libfreeordie on April 28, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Where’s that evidence of all those freaking out about the picture?
I mean this whole innocent act you’re putting on…well you know…

libfreeordie on April 28, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Whatever hypocrite.

CW on April 28, 2012 at 5:25 PM

I weep, *weep* I say, for you and for the nation.

libfreeordie on April 28, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Drama queen.

CW on April 28, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I don’t care about what Bible or Christians say as long as it’s not causing harm to anyone. If someone tries to stop Christians from saying what they believe I will be on the Christians’ side. I do however care very much what they do, specifically when they start legislating the nonsense in the Bible. At that point they are turning back the clock and that’s a slippery slope. Remember last year when American Evangelicals went to Uganda to speak on dangers of homosexuality and a month later Ugandans passed a law to kill people for Sodomy? There are Christian organizations in the US today who would love to see gays hanging off of trees but the law is not on their side. That’s their next step. lester on April 28, 2012 at 1:21 PM

You basically admit you don’t know what is in the Bible? The rest of what you have written is just fear mongering. Of course there are people who hate gays in America, some also happen to be liberal even, but your argument is there is some kind of Christian conspiracy to start lynching gays in America is not supported by facts. You mention some U.S. Christians going to Uganda and hating on gays as if that by itself led the Ugandans to do what they did. Uganda is Uganda, and a 3rd world country, for a reason.

Again, we’re not in Saudi Arabia. I don’t see many Muslims in America running around ranting against homosexuality. There is no significant political anti-gay activism by the Muslims. Their personal beliefs are their personal beliefs. When that becomes a problem I’m sure Savage would talk about that too. Let’s worry about real problems rather than hypotheticals. lester on April 28, 2012 at 1:21 PM

LOL!

This explains the difference, from a Muslim man to you…

I wonder what would happen to Savage if he showed up at Muslim Day in Washington D.C. and started mouthing off about Muhammad.

William Eaton on April 28, 2012 at 5:27 PM

That picture is really gay.

Mimzey on April 28, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Could the gay movement be a a Trojan Horse for an anti-Christian movement?

pearson on April 28, 2012 at 5:37 PM

No class III needed for a “fully automatic” firearm? ! !

listens2glenn on April 28, 2012 at 4:49 PM

That’s correct. One sends the proper forms to ATF – along with a check for $200 (or $5 if it’s an AOW)- waits for 3 -5 months for the forms to be processed; and then one receives a Tax Stamp from ATF for that particular item. One then goes to one’s dealer and picks up the FA weapon, SBR, SBS, suppressor, etc., and takes it home.

No license.

Solaratov on April 28, 2012 at 5:37 PM

And HotAir descent into irrelevancy continues….

Anyone know the contact information for the current owners of this site? (Salem Communications)?

I’d like to let them know where this once great site is heading.

Norwegian on April 28, 2012 at 5:38 PM

The photo at this thread truly sickens me.

onlineanalyst on April 28, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Same here. The reason I slogged through five pages is to express the same sentiment.

I am utterly sick to death of homosexuals getting in our faces – through PC based bullying, as in Savage, to media of all kinds. And I’m offended that I came to HA to view more of the same.

Liberals/homosexuals/other ‘victim’ groups of the left cannot help themselves. They always, always try to bludgeon the rest of us with their totalitarian techniques. You see it every single day. Yesterday, they were bashing oil companies and vowing to treat them as did the Romans and crucify them. Today they’re bludgeoning school kids for their religious beliefs.

Enough! Get back in their faces unless they refrain from getting the heck out of mine/ours!

Take back co-opted, PC words like gay, and symbols like rainbows.

There is no ‘inexorable’ wave of acceptance of abnormal sexual and societal norms in the form of homosexuality and there never will be. It will never be embraced by more than a tiny percentage of the population.

Opinionator on April 28, 2012 at 5:39 PM

I weep, *weep* I say, for you and for the nation.

libfreeordie on April 28, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Is that weeping from a festering skin condition?

Oor are you weeping from your eyes over the state of our Republic under the ..leadership… of Obama?

Key West Reader on April 28, 2012 at 5:40 PM

William Eaton on April 28, 2012 at 5:27 PM

No fear of that ever happening. Savage is a coward.

Solaratov on April 28, 2012 at 5:42 PM

For some reason, I know that our Nation will prevail.

Obama is aligned with the doctrine of Louis Farrakhaan.

The rest of America?

eh. Not.

Key West Reader on April 28, 2012 at 5:44 PM

I noticed that when confronted with the fact that the vast majority of blacks are against gay marriage the lesters and libfreeontheAmericantaxpayers are conspicuously silent.

CW on April 28, 2012 at 5:44 PM

BocaJuniors on April 28, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Actually, I know a handful of gay people who feel the same because of the ones who turn up wearing butt-less chaps and necklaces adorned with dildos. It rather cancels out their point that they are more than just their sexuality.

tdpwells on April 28, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I wonder has Savage savaged Obama for not coming out 100% for gay marriage./

CW on April 28, 2012 at 5:45 PM

CW on April 28, 2012 at 5:44 PM

One of my friends happens to be a black bisexual, and she’s told me more than once that she encounters far more backlash from the black community when she’s with a girl than she does from right wingers. She said it’s even worse for gay black men because of the pervasive, uber-macho gangsta culture amongst their community.

tdpwells on April 28, 2012 at 5:48 PM

libfreeordie on April 28, 2012 at 5:18 PM

That’s awesome. What’s less awesome is your inability, like so many others, to treat someone based on your own interaction with them, rather than treating them a certain way only because of your impression with them. I was being civil, you decided not to be, I asked to raise the level of the discussion, and you refused based on…how I’ve talked with other people? How about you try having an original opinion, rather than relying on others for what you think?

MadisonConservative on April 28, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Obama is really going overboard.

With all of the womynz and all of the gay men I know, they all keep saying, “WTF”?

The rumor is that gay peeps have been aroundn for centuries and didn’t need some skinny black playah to liberate them.

The gays are NOT your friend, Obama. Word on the street is that you just play to your base.

If you have one.

Key West Reader on April 28, 2012 at 5:51 PM

tdpwells on April 28, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Gay pride is once a year. Its a party, like Mardi Gras or Halloween. Its supposed to be over the top and fun. All the guys wearing no shirts and tight shorts and g strings, all get dressed and go to work the day before and after gay pride. Just like when your wife wears a sexy nurse or sexy devil Halloween costume on October 31st or just like how your girlfriend flashed her breasts at Mardi Gras and went back to work the next day. That sexy costume, that flash of boob is not all that defines that woman and neither does the outlandish outfits people wear on gay pride floats. Its not the beginning or end of gay life or of gay activism. Oh god, I just realized it. You probably hate Halloween and Mardi Gras too! Maybe the line isn’t “gay/straight” but instead “people who know how to have a good time/people who don’t.”

libfreeordie on April 28, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Hush Money

Going to Kenya.

Why?

Key West Reader on April 28, 2012 at 5:56 PM

libfreeordie on April 28, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Obama doesn’t like you. He doesn’t even know you exist. Nor does Michelle.

However, we do like you; we’d like you to realize your folly by following a fraud. Stop worshipping a man that loathes you. His wife who looks down upon you.

I know you are a good person. Just please, wake up.

thank you.

Key West Reader on April 28, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Happy Nomad on April 28, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Yup. I’m probably more “gay rights friendly” (or whatever your want to call it) than many fellow conservatives. I fall into the Tucker Carlson school of thought on gay marriage (it would be a good thing for gays) and I think that there is a genuine issue with bullying of some gay kids.

But this guy, Dan Savage, is just such a terrible messenger. Terrible. I wish I could sneak a peak inside the heads of folks who think the way to win converts is to scream, “Hey, you’re an a**hole! Now love me.”

BocaJuniors on April 28, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Hush money to Kenya

Sorry, let’s see if this link works.

Key West Reader on April 28, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Hush Money

Going to Kenya.

Why?

Key West Reader on April 28, 2012 at 5:56 PM

And if Dukakis had been president I’m sure that we would have seen closer relations with Greece.

But yeah, keep that tin foil hat firmly attached. Hush money. Ok….

BocaJuniors on April 28, 2012 at 6:01 PM

I know you are a good person. Just please, wake up.

thank you.

Key West Reader on April 28, 2012 at 5:59 PM

I feel that way about most people who make under 60,000 a year who vote GOP.

libfreeordie on April 28, 2012 at 6:03 PM

LibFree will be insufferable now.

jaydee_007 on April 28, 2012 at 5:12 PM

whaddyamean “now?”

29Victor on April 28, 2012 at 6:03 PM

tdpwells on April 28, 2012 at 5:45 PM

What does the bully Dan Savage do again? Oh yeah, he writes a sex column.

pearson on April 28, 2012 at 6:04 PM

I feel that way about most people who make under 60,000 a year who vote GOP.

libfreeordie on April 28, 2012 at 6:03 PM

I don’t get it . What?

Key West Reader on April 28, 2012 at 6:05 PM

But yeah, keep that tin foil hat firmly attached. Hush money. Ok….

BocaJuniors on April 28, 2012 at 6:01 PM

You amuse me.

Go on.

Key West Reader on April 28, 2012 at 6:06 PM

BocaJuniors on April 28, 2012 at 5:59 PM

I’m betting that his motive had absolutly nothing to do with “winning converts.” More than likely this was a publicity stunt. Just like he uses bullied kids to advance the gay agenda he used the kids in that audience to promote himself. It’s what libs do, they use soldier (dead or alive), civilians (dead or alive), kids, minorities, the poor, the rich, pretty much everyone to advance their power.

I’m thinking that’s what he was up to here, and it looks like it worked.

29Victor on April 28, 2012 at 6:07 PM

All the guys wearing no shirts and tight shorts and g strings,

libfreeordie on April 28, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Control yourself, libfree.

pearson on April 28, 2012 at 6:07 PM

LibFree will be insufferable now.

jaydee_007 on April 28, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Now?

That bridge has been crossed, burnt, the ashes fallen into the river and showing up as soapy discharge MILES away.

MadisonConservative on April 28, 2012 at 6:07 PM

libfreeordie on April 28, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Why are you addressing all of that to me when it clearly states in my post that those were the feelings of gay men who I talked to about it? Are you saying that their opinions are invalid because they aren’t in step despite their obvious inclusion in the community? News flash – not all gay people think alike. Not all gay people think that such displays are beneficial to the overall message they are trying to send.

Also, I’m not a man, but thanks for assuming.

Point is, the gay community – unlike the girl flashing her tatas at Mardi Gras – are rather facing an uphill struggle at the moment per their own words, so one would think that they would go about their fight in a manner that doesn’t involve mock fellatio on a float going down Main St on a Saturday afternoon.

Also, Halloween happens to be my favorite holiday.

tdpwells on April 28, 2012 at 6:08 PM

What does the bully Dan Savage do again? Oh yeah, he writes a sex column.

pearson on April 28, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Who considers an anonymous hook-up to be a “short-term relationship”. Yikes.

MadisonConservative on April 28, 2012 at 6:09 PM

What does the bully Dan Savage do again? Oh yeah, he writes a sex column.

pearson on April 28, 2012 at 6:04 PM

He’s just one guy.

tdpwells on April 28, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Who considers an anonymous hook-up to be a “short-term relationship”. Yikes.

MadisonConservative on April 28, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Are we supposed to legalize that as marriage too?

pearson on April 28, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Now?

MadisonConservative on April 28, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Brutus.

Key West Reader on April 28, 2012 at 6:11 PM

So…because someone is in a majority, they can’t be bullied?

No. And this is where right wingers usually start getting their panties all in a bunch. What matter is not numbers in and of itself. What matters is power and (at times explicitly, but also implicitly) the ability to back up claims to power with violence. So white minorities in South Africa, for example, or in a variety of colonial structures have ruled over other people despite not being in the numerical majority.

libfreeordie on April 28, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Hey Libfree…

Did you see this earlier post?

But the larger point is Cultural Hegemony.

Cultural hegemony is the philosophic and sociological theory, by the Marxist philosopher Antonio Gramsci, that a culturally diverse society can be dominated (ruled) by one social class, by manipulating the societal culture (beliefs, explanations, perceptions, values) so that its ruling-class worldview is imposed as the societal norm, which then is perceived as a universally valid ideology and status quo beneficial to all of society, whilst benefiting only the ruling class.

r keller on April 28, 2012 at 2:33 PM[1][2]

the Leftist Social Class now rules and is imposing its values on the non-left

Do you understand that your post was a validation of this theory?

And that it’s not a point in your favor?

budfox on April 28, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Who considers an anonymous hook-up to be a “short-term relationship”. Yikes.

MadisonConservative on April 28, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Are we supposed to legalize that as marriage too?

pearson on April 28, 2012 at 6:11 PM

The moslems do. Look it up.

they can have 4 wives at a time, and also do temporary marriages at their whim.. if they are male.

No wonder the gay men (Obama) like them so much. Sooo dominant. Sooo aggressive. Heh.

/They’d last about a nano second with me.

Key West Reader on April 28, 2012 at 6:13 PM

He’s just one guy.

tdpwells on April 28, 2012 at 6:10 PM

One guy with Obama’s ear and enough clout to be handed a room full of kids to bully. Consider him a leading gay rights activist. He defines the movement. Unless, of course, the gay rights movement denounces him and forces him to make a sincere apology. But they won’t and he won’t. So as it stands now, a leading gay rights activist is best known for writing sex columns and bullying teens.

pearson on April 28, 2012 at 6:15 PM

The only way this Republic will survive is by a complete and total collective assertion of the 10th Amendment of the Constituion of the United States of America.

We have 50 sovereign States. Enforce the Constitution.

Key West Reader on April 28, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Dan Savage is nothing but a arrogant, hypocritical POS. One of the most hateful people anywhere. Disagree with him at any time and watch what happens.

The hilarious thing is he actually believes he is helping people with his hate.

He should be spotlighted at all times. He is the perfect liberal.

Moesart on April 28, 2012 at 6:19 PM

I thnk anal sex has finally gotten to Savage’s alleged brain!

Jersey Dan on April 28, 2012 at 6:22 PM

pearson on April 28, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I dare say that the average person won’t have any clue who Dan Savage is if you stopped them on the street to ask. He’s not nearly as influential as he would like people to believe.

tdpwells on April 28, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Savage is a provocateur, an amateurish Christopher Hitchens only focused primarily on homosexuality. Those kinds of folks are good to read or listen to when someone or something does or says something outrageous which ticks you off in order to let off steam. They can also be good for challenging one’s deeply held beliefs and either changing them in light of a new perspective, or finding more reason in embracing them further. I agree with some of the sentiments that Savage expresses here, not just about the Bible and homosexuality, but certainly not the manner he does nor the forum. It is wholly inappropriate for this kind of speech in a high school and is worthy of condemnation for that alone. College perhaps, but not high school. I would remind supporters of his that just last month folks were in an uproar over an anti-gay speech given in a public high school by the so-called Junkyard Prophet group. That Savage is giving a purportedly pro-gay speech doesn’t mitigate the problems of his delivery or the forum.

Personally, if such a speech challenging assumptions or beliefs has to be given it should be done in a respectful manner like John Corvino usually is known for. Savage is definitely not.

JohnAGJ on April 28, 2012 at 6:27 PM

First, sodomites are NOT “gay.” Why do you think this Savage guy (what a fitting name!) bashes the Bible? Because he knows very well what God says he and sodomites really are: an abomination.

Second, you cannot expect anything more than an angry rant from sodomites, because they have reprobate minds, in that they cannot discern the difference between right and wrong. The Bible calls this a “reprobate mind,” which is reason enough for them to bash the Bible. But you can’t bash away the truth.

Third, the term “gay” is nothing more than a cloak for preying on little ones. It’s a deception. Since they cannot reproduce, they can only “recruit;” hence the sweet-sounding term. Sodomites corrupt themselves with their abominable behavior, and they have also corrupted our language, by rendering an otherwise wonderful word unfit for use. Yes, there’s a parallel there!

Sodomites are not born that way. God’s creation is good, and what He created is designed to bring forth after his own kind. God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. He made Adam and Eve, not Madam and Eve. The devil has perverted what God made as good, and sodomites are doomed to eternal destruction UNLESS! Unless they REPENT, which is nothing more or less than CHANGING ONE’S MIND. God is merciful to the repentant, and He will deliver man even from what are termed “vile affections” (see Romans 1).

As far as Obama appointing such a vile man, that’s not surprising. After all, he appointed another militant sodomite, Kevin Jennings, as the “Safe Schools Czar.” So, we have more abomination from the chief of abominations. Just wait; there will be more from the man of darkness after the election.

Friends, it’s not going to get better in America. God has determined our destruction, and He is using the man of darkness, the false Christian, Barack Hussein Obama, to that end. There is but One solution: Jesus Christ ruling in your heart. Amen.

Gordy on April 28, 2012 at 6:36 PM

To Jazz Shaw

Perhaps I didn’t see the whole speech but I didn’t hear the word Christians mentioned. It may be reverse bullying and perhaps un-Christian but it isn’t overtly anti-Christian. Anti-Old testament yes but isn’t christianity itself a reaction and in many respects a rejection of old testament stupidity. Old Testament = an eye for an eye but the New Testament a/k/a Christianity = turn the other cheek. See also “He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone etc.”

I’d say the speech is a hate crime against Muslims and Jews. At the very least Savage should be reported to the PC police. It is interesting that CAIR knows enough to stay away from this idiocy but Christians take offense. why?
SAVAGE like all LBGT’s is so intent on orifice politics that he is blind to all else. Forgive him for he knows not what he does

oznerola on April 28, 2012 at 6:38 PM

tdpwells on April 28, 2012 at 6:23 PM

That will change because of his speech. It will probably hit talk radio and the Fox evening talk shows sometime Monday or Tuesday.

pearson on April 28, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Thank you Mad Con for suggesting Breaking Bad. I am hooked.

Towash on April 28, 2012 at 6:44 PM

oznerola on April 28, 2012 at 6:38 PM

He also mentions Timothy and Romans (New Testament) and makes the obnoxious claim that Christians bully gays because the Bible commands us to do so. He is a hateful bigot who seems to enjoy bullying people himself. Furthermore, he goes on to smear the GOP. Really? This is the administrations front man for an anti-bullying campaign?

This campaign is not about addressing bullying, but bullying everyone into accepting a certain worldview. If they were actually serious about bullying they would teach children self defense and self confidence. Instead we get political indoctrination that has nothing to do with actual bullying.

NotCoach on April 28, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Oh I agree. There’s nothing derisive about the word “mutation,” it just means a change from the original genetic programming. I happen to believe that homosexuality is natures means of population control. Which is often why the youngest son after 2-3 boys is significantly more likely to be gay.

libfreeordie on April 28, 2012 at 4:10 PM

It’s not nature’s attempt at population control. If it was, gay people would have zero interest in child-rearing, and possibly even sex, because the reproduction signals would be shut off. There’s a difference between a chemical reaction stimulating the arousal center of the brain, and an embedded genetic code.

It’s a polymorphism, at best.

…you really don’t understand the ramifications of what you’re discussing, Lib.

If finding the genetic code that made people LGB was the answer, the LGB community has massive bankrolls to fund it. But, they don’t. Geneticists, in the western world, do not actively search for the answer because the domino effect would be profound.

Eventually, someone in Asia will unlock the genetic or chemical reaction. After that, hold on tight.

budfox on April 28, 2012 at 6:51 PM

If this guy were straight I would call him a D*ck Head. But I can’t do that for fear of ruffling his purdy dainty feathers.

Elizabetty on April 28, 2012 at 6:55 PM

pearson on April 28, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I don’t see that changing his range of influence. Not even a little bit. Those inclined to agree with him are already spouting those sort of things, and the same is true in reverse.

tdpwells on April 28, 2012 at 7:01 PM

The event was sponsored by the Journalism Education Association and the National Scholastic
Press Association and it was held at the Sutter Union High School in California.

I think emails and phone calls are appropriate, don’t you?

Journalism Education Association, Headquarters

PO Box 498
Sutter, CA 55982
530-822-5161 phone
530-822-5168 fax
Ryan Robison, Superintendent/Principal

evergreenland on April 28, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Thank you Mad Con for suggesting Breaking Bad. I am hooked.

Towash on April 28, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Me, too. A bit annoyed to have heard the upcoming season would be the last…only to have it split into “Part 1″ and “Part 2″. Seems like lots of shows and movies do that these days.

I think the best piece of acting I’ve seen in television is when Walter White confronts Skyler about who he really is. I get chills at the line “I am the one who knocks!” Stunning writing and acting.

MadisonConservative on April 28, 2012 at 7:08 PM

In Savage’s speech in the You Tube video, some where around the half way point, Savage quoted atheist Sam Harris around the half way point to back up a claim he was making. This ties into something I posted at Hot Air the other day.

I provided a link to this the other day:
The Irrational Atheist (pdf format)

That mentions that some of the predominant atheists of the day (who have been dubbed “the new atheists”) are Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, and Christopher Hitchens.

That online .pdf book also mentions Daniel C. Dennet, Michel Onfray, Diderot, other atheists, and atheism in general, and not just those three men (Dawkins, Harris, Hithens).

Regarding Harris. A quote from page 8:

“Sam Harris declares that I [a Christian] should not be tolerated and suggests that it might be ethical to kill me in self-defense”

It’s been a few months since I’ve read that book, but he does cite his material and quote from books by these atheists.

The author has an appendix on page 154 of the online book which starts a “list of … 52 atheist leaders who personally presided over the non-marital murders of at least 20,000 beings.”

So here we have a miltiant homosexual activist person (Savage) quoting a well-known atheist to try to prove a point. I think these “new atheists” hold a little more sway than some in the thread the other day were willing to admit.

TigerPaw on April 28, 2012 at 7:09 PM

I think emails and phone calls are appropriate, don’t you?

I would point out that they have violated the First Amendment by taking a position on the Bible and presenting only one side. Also, ask them why they picked a sex columnist to speak.

pearson on April 28, 2012 at 7:09 PM

MadisonConservative on April 28, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Ditto! The most awesome show ever made.

pearson on April 28, 2012 at 7:10 PM

TigerPaw on April 28, 2012 at 7:09 PM

So I guess its okay for the public schools to bring in one atheist to quote another atheist to bash the Bible and hate on Christian teens. Did the militant have any evidence that any of those teens were bullies? Nope. There is only evidence of one bully – the guy with the microphone.

pearson on April 28, 2012 at 7:15 PM

pearson on April 28, 2012 at 7:09 PM

I suppose that claim could be made under the current legal understanding of the 1st Amendment, but I would disagree with it. The separation of church and state test is a misreading to begin with. Discussing religion or worshiping on public property is not a 1st Amendment violation when the 1st Amendment is read correctly.

Dan Savage is a hateful bigot who should be publicly shamed for his actions, but there is no constitutional violation here.

NotCoach on April 28, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I also want to repeat that a bullied child is a chronic victim.

thuja on April 28, 2012 at 4:13 PM

You would have a point if we did not make it a crime for that bullied child to make a stand. As it is, if the child stands up for himself, he is the one who is often punished.

AZfederalist on April 28, 2012 at 4:19 PM

We should celebrate that rare moment of agreement on a thread like this!

thuja on April 28, 2012 at 7:35 PM

New anti-bullying agenda: stop the misuse of the English language. “Gay” returns to its original meaning of happy or joyful. Homosexuals, come up with your own “fabulous” words.

Nutstuyu on April 28, 2012 at 1:27 PM

They can keep the word “Gay” as far as I’m concerned, but I want the word “queer” back. Since they are part of the mainstream of society now, they are no longer unusual. And rainbows, little girls love rainbows, but now when they draw one they are asked if they are lesbians. Little girls want them back!

As for bullying, I didn’t spend thousands of dollars on Tae Kwon-Do lessons for nothing. I told my daughter when she started middle school that the best way to stop bullying is to kick the crap out of the bully. You only have to do it once and you will be left alone. I told her if she got suspended for it I would support her.

Night Owl on April 28, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I don’t know if this has been posted.

From Spaceracer 423 over at the Breitbart site.

The story gets worse.
A spokesperson for the event called the KIDS intolerant for walking out and said the whole thing was a “teachable moment.”

“We appreciate the level of thoughtfulness and deliberation regarding
Dan Savage’s keynote address,” the NSPA wrote. “some audience members
who felt hurt by his words and tone decided to leave in the middle of
his speech, and to this, we want to make our point very clear: While as a
journalist it’s important to be able to listen to speech that offends
you, these students and advisers had simply reached their tolerance
level for what they were willing to hear.”

The NSPA said they did not have a prior transcript of Savage’s speech
and that wish “he had stayed more on target for the audience of teen
journalists.” They also said it provided a “teachable moment” for
students.

redridinghood on April 28, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Night owl 7:36 pm
‘Since they are part of the mainstream now…’

They are part of mainstream liberalism. They are not accepted by wide swaths of the country.

I have a hunch that the more they continue this kind of crap, the bigger the backlash is going to be.

Amen to what you said about self defense for your kid. My brother and I both got in fights in school in the age of zero tolerance. When the school started its ‘process’, my dad came in with the threat of a lawsuit. After all, if the school were doing its job, we would not have had to have fought, right? Scared the sh*t out of them. We missed no work and we were fully reinstated into school.

I keep telling people that an association of 50-100 lawyers across America whose sole purpose is to go after schools who oppress those who defend themselves is needed. You’d see this ‘zero tolerance’ crap go down the toilet. It’d be awesome.

avgjo on April 28, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I should know better than to comment on youtube. It’s pointless. There is no discussion of anything over there. Just profanity laced with BS. Even when I said I would support the decision of a community that freely voted for gay marriage, I still have nothing but profanity laced insults hurled at me by homosexuals who stated I’d probably also support a community that voted for slavery. You can’t win.

JellyToast on April 28, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I just watched it. Man, I hope this gets lots of coverage. THere’s not much room left for Savage under that bus though. They can maybe fit him in the space between rev wright and Obma’s racist grandma.

BoxHead1 on April 28, 2012 at 9:29 PM

missed ya Jazz Shaw. Welcome Back.

maineconservative on April 28, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Soundsss like steam essscaping.

tom daschle concerned on April 28, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Could the gay movement be a a Trojan Horse for an anti-Christian movement?

pearson on April 28, 2012 at 5:37 PM

The Horse is already inside the gates aided and abetted by the Politically Correct movement. I actually shuddered today thinking about recent and growing attacks on Christianity and those that choose to freely uphold their faith publicly. Not to mention the attacks on the Catholic church and their institutions. The gay movement and push for P.C. has infested the military, our public institutions and, sadly, even our religions.

HoosierStateofMind on April 28, 2012 at 9:57 PM

That punk says BS so many times he must have a liking for it. He knows that of which he speaks.

Nice to see those kids walk out on that irritating holeass.

Bully for them!

Sherman1864 on April 28, 2012 at 10:13 PM

No class III needed for a “fully automatic” firearm? ! !

listens2glenn on April 28, 2012 at 4:49 PM

No license.

Solaratov on April 28, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Sorry for the lateness of this . . . then what does require a Class III FFA?

listens2glenn on April 28, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Sorry for the lateness of this . . . then what does require a Class III FFA?

listens2glenn on April 28, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Being topside the earth requires ownership of class III firearms.

tom daschle concerned on April 28, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Could the gay movement be a a Trojan Horse for an anti-Christian movement?

pearson on April 28, 2012 at 5:37 PM

HoosierStateofMind on April 28, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Dittos, HoosierState’.

You nailed it.

listens2glenn on April 28, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Sorry for the lateness of this . . . then what does require a Class III FFA?

listens2glenn on April 28, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Being topside the earth requires ownership of class III firearms.

tom daschle concerned on April 28, 2012 at 10:18 PM

That should have read “FFL” (shaking head in self disgust).

Apparently it’s time for bed.

listens2glenn on April 28, 2012 at 10:27 PM

That should have read “FFL” (shaking head in self disgust).

Apparently it’s time for bed.

listens2glenn on April 28, 2012 at 10:27 PM

HEHE,
nite l2g.

tom daschle concerned on April 28, 2012 at 10:34 PM

I’m sick of brazen perverts like Dan Savage!

MCGIRV on April 28, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Well, outright profanity against the Bible and against Jesus by name is a new line that has been crossed. Never ever have I heard anything like what I am hearing today. There were always people who might not have liked religious people or whatever, but never have I heard anyone actually use profanity against the Bible and against Jesus directly. The stuff some people are saying on youtube is like amazing. Wow. And this guy openly targeting these teens. Yeah, it’s a new day. Some folks are having a good time. It’s there hour. But that hour will pass. Homosexual activists like to say they’re not going away.. well neither are the Christians. If anything, reading some of the stuff I was reading and watching this video really emboldens me.

I will live peacefully with anyone if I can, but you want to target my God and call the Bible a lie I won’t shut up nor will I sit down. Take my home, take my life, I’ll lose it in the end anyway. But I believe the Word of God. I believe the bible and Jesus is the King of Kings and He is coming back again. We’ll all eventually see in the end who and what the truth is anyway. And in the end, we all get our reward. Whether good or bad. Heaven or hell.
Yeah, I guess that tolerance thing was always meant to be a one way street. Some of us knew that from the beginning anyway.

JellyToast on April 28, 2012 at 10:54 PM

BocaJuniors on April 28, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Aw, com’n, how could things such as a harmless “Fair” hurt the homosexual activists agenda?

whatcat on April 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM

This video and the resulting thread are a study in the liberal mind. They are also a glimpse of what a future under leftist rule would look like.

Time and again, I see conservatives angry and frustrated because liberals don’t live up to their own standards of “tolerance” for others. I have to remind myself sometimes that it’s a mistake to assume these people (the leaders of the leftist movement and their useful idiots like libfreeordie) want equality and reasonable dialogue. They don’t. They want to shut us up. They fantasize about the impunity a jerk like Savage enjoys, being able to slap conservatives around without fear of so much as a murmur of protest.

Pay special attention to the fact that libfreeordie justifies Savage’s bigoted rant on, surprise surprise, the basis of bigotry. Group punishment. These kids are presumed to harbor hatred for homosexuals by virtue of the fact that they are (presumably) Christians. No time for individual dialogue, just blast away indiscriminately. They’re Christians (again, presumably), therefore they’re already guilty.

It’s all too precious.

You folks have no idea what you’re creating. You construct this fact-free narrative, with yourselves as the heroes, natch. Your heroism then justifies your construction of the very sort of propaganda machine that every totalitarian leftist government has ever used to destroy its enemies. You’re teaching people to hate an entire group on no other basis than that affiliation, and you think that somehow it will lead to greater social harmony, the utopia of your dreams?

It won’t.

As predictable as the sunrise, there will be death and suffering and upheaval. The hate machine you create will take on a life of its own, and you won’t be able to stop it. Like all leftist movements, it will go feral.

But you know. Omelettes and all that.

Nom de Boom on April 28, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Sorry for the lateness of this . . . then what does require a Class III FFA?

listens2glenn on April 28, 2012 at 10:15 PM

You need the FFL to sell them, to import them, to manufacture them (different types, of course; and that sort of thing. But the “license” to own an NFA item is the Tax Stamp that is issued by ATF.

And, if you’re planning on buying more than just one NFA item, an ‘NFA Trust’ is the way to go. That way, you avoid the bother of fingerprints, permission from your ‘chief law enforcement officer’ (CLEO), record check, etc. You can find an attorney to set one up for you through the NRA.

Solaratov on April 29, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Looks like Mr. Savage majored in irony.

CliveStaples on April 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Will he (?) take his show on the road? I hear Shahid Bahonar Square in Iran has a few openings every week, but remember, be calm, ignore the Muslims executing homosexuals in the background, and give them your “moment on the bible”. The mob will love you, kid. No pansy asses walking out on you there, no sir. They’ll stick around right till the end, right till the final punchline.

Let’s call your routine “Hanging with Dan”, how does that sound?

If you’re interested, call the Verbal Irony Talent Agency, just ask for Alazon and tell him Eiron recommended you.

Demosthenes on April 29, 2012 at 12:33 AM

If your parents are devout in any religion; as a child you go to church with them, you’re raised in that religion; it was chosen for you. People “choosing” a new religion often happens after they’re in their twenties (if at all).

So these high school age kids didn’t really choose their religion. See the parallel here with other things that aren’t really “chosen”? Yeah I did that on purpose.

Why is belittling them for this acceptable?

But they should simply “choose not to be Christian” when they were raised that way? Ok… the parallel here is more mean than fun now isn’t it?

Maybe target the detestable behavior and not their religion would be a better choice of options? Bullying kids is wrong, even when kids do it, and regardless of the reasons.

Find biblical references why abusing, belittling, and mocking others is wrong. That can’t be that complicated; then you’re accepting their religion AND convincing them of what you say.

I mean Jesus was friends with a Prostitute. I doubt he thought Prostitution was a great and noble thing; but he didn’t shun, mock, berate, or attack her for that one thing.

But when your entire speech sounds like an attack people will get defensive. When you call people names for leaving while you’re attacking them, you’re clarifying that you’re attacking people for disagreeing with you.

Poorly done, poorly thought out, and disappointing; as reducing bullying would be a useful thing if someone were to actually try to do so… instead of bashing a specific religion and using that as cover.

gekkobear on April 29, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Exactomundo. Homosexual activists have mistaken our Christian principles of “turning the other cheek” and tolerance of other people for a license to shove their self-destructive lifestyle down our and our children’s throats. Then they cry “intolerance” and “homophobia” when we fight back against their tyranny.

Sterling Holobyte on April 29, 2012 at 1:07 AM

It is not his gayness that disturbs me but his malevolent zealousness which borders on psychotic.
I found this article from over 10 years ago:

Savage explained in Salon that he’d gone to Des Moines to follow around “one of the loopy conservative Christian candidates” and write about the campaign. But when he got there he went to bed with the flu. On his “deathbed” he heard Gary Bauer declare on MSNBC “Our society will be destroyed if we say it’s OK for a man to marry a man or a woman to marry a woman,” and in his “Sudafed-induced delirium,” Savage decided to respond with an act of “terrorism.” His new plan: volunteer for the Bauer campaign and “get close enough to Bauer to give him the flu….I would go to Bauer’s campaign office and cough on everything–phones and pens, staplers and staffers.”

If his plan was “a little malicious,” well, he figured, so’s Bauer. “When Bauer tells people that gays and lesbians are a threat to families, I take that personally.”

Savage went on to say how he carried out his scheme. Rising from his soggy bed of pain, he signed on at Bauer headquarters, worked the phones a couple shifts, and while everyone else was at a pizza party “went from doorknob to doorknob….Much as it pains me to confirm a hateful stereotype of gay men–we will put anything in our mouths–I started licking doorknobs. The front door, office doors, even a bathroom door. When that was done, I started in on the staplers, phones and computer keyboards. Then I stood in the kitchen and licked the rims of all the clean coffee cups drying in the rack.”

He wasn’t done yet. Stalking Bauer during an appearance at a local war memorial, Savage pulled his pen out of his mouth and handed it to the candidate so he could autograph a photo of Savage’s adopted son. “Score! My bodily fluids–flu bugs and all–were all over his hand!”

markjohnson2303 on April 29, 2012 at 1:19 AM

If you replace Savage’s implied “Christians” with “Gays” and replace the word “Bible” with “The New York Times”…..
………….this speech would be considered “Hate Speech” by the democratic party and Savage would be considered a “bigot.”

Still waiting for liberals to have the guts to call out Muslims,Mohammad and the Koran for it’s hatred of gays.

Baxter Greene on April 29, 2012 at 2:49 AM

This is where this display leads them to. Truly they are their own worst enemies.

While you can stop revolution, you can’t stop evolution. If this is the truly the future, then all they would have to do is stand back and let it happen. Instead, they engage in behavior such as this that is repulsive and thus damage whatever progress they hope to create.

And the only lessons learned here are who are the REAL bullies.

itsspideyman on April 29, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Be Breitbart. Fight back against the deranged; i.e., liberals and their fellow mutants/progeny. Yes, sadly, I mean that. Even worse, most of my family falls into that group.

It is a time for choosing. And although all my life I have endeavored to love well, be forgiving and non-judgmental……………………..

Liberals have drawn the line in the sand and then crossed over it.

If we do not fight the totalitarian thugs – in all their mutant iterations – then stick a fork in us, for we are truly done.

There is only one thing a bully respects: strength.

I am not proposing, nor do I countenance, violence. However, self defense is needed – in fact, long overdue. Spit on the bullies. Deride and derail them! Breitbart them!

Opinionator on April 29, 2012 at 3:16 AM

Sterling Holobyte on April 29, 2012 at 1:07 AM

They’re preying on our decency. They are betting on us being nice. They think because we remain silent to a degree or can’t argue a point well they’ve “got us!” And then, what they do, is spit, blow whistles, mock and curse our faith. We’re not going away.

They are attacking the very thing, the very people and faith that have given them the platform to stand there and spew their hatred. If God and all of His influence were really removed from the nation, they wouldn’t be any safer than they are now. In fact, they would be less free because the liberty they enjoy was founded by a Christian people and is under assault by an ungodly one. Remove God entirely, and you have an entirely ungodly and corrupt nation and freedom as we and they have all known it will come to an end.

JellyToast on April 29, 2012 at 8:02 AM

and reportedly called those who refused to listen to his rant “pansy asses.”

Like most privilege groups they interpret any criticism or any time to diminish their excess of power as an attack. Classic privilege move.

libfreeordie on April 28, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I like you. You’re funny.

rogerb on April 29, 2012 at 9:16 AM

So… Obama’s “Anti-Bullying Czar” doesn’t even understand the meaning of the word “bullying”. That’s so typical of all his “czars” apparently. Obama never appoints a “czar” who understands anything about what he or she is supposed to be managing.

RebeccaH on April 29, 2012 at 11:47 AM