Quotes of the day

posted at 11:01 pm on April 27, 2012 by Allahpundit

“A year after the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, President Barack Obama’s team is launching another precision operation: a full-scale public relations offensive aimed at using the bin Laden mission to boost the president’s reelection bid

“‘It was the defining moment of the first term. To think people aren’t going to talk about it, Republicans are really naive,’ said Chris Lehane, a former spokesman for Vice President Al Gore and Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.). ‘It’s going to be very difficult for the Republican Party, [whose] entire campaign in 2004 was predicated on issues like this, complaining somehow about all of this. … Any number of presidents, Democrat and Republican, did not succeed in getting bin Laden, and there’s one who did.’…

“‘There really is a double standard. … President Bush could barely use the number 9/11 in a sentence without somebody accusing him of politicizing 9/11,’ Fleischer said, adding that he thinks it is ‘perfectly appropriate for both presidents’ to discuss such events in their campaigns.

***

“President Barack Obama, taking an election-year victory lap of sorts one year after the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, did an unprecedented television interview in the White House’s strategic nerve center, the Situation Room.

“NBC’s sit-down with Obama will air on May 2, one year after Navy SEALs dropped into the al-Qaida chief’s compound in the Pakistani garrison city of Abbottabad and killed him. The network said it had also interviewed Obama’s top national security and foreign policy aides, including: Vice President Joe Biden, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, then-Joints Chiefs of Staff Chairman Adm. Mike Mullen, National Security Adviser Tom Donilon, Deputy National Security Adviser Denis McDonough and John Brennan, Obama’s homeland security and counterterrorism adviser.”

***

“U.S. Senator John McCain (R-AZ) released the following statement on President Obama’s decision to play politics with the one year anniversary of Osama bin Laden’s death:

“Shame on Barack Obama for diminishing the memory of September 11th and the killing of Osama bin Laden by turning it into a cheap political attack ad. This is the same President who once criticized Hillary Clinton for invoking bin Laden ‘to score political points.’

“This is the same President who said, after bin Laden was dead, that we shouldn’t ‘spike the ball’ after the touchdown. And now Barack Obama is not only trying to score political points by invoking Osama bin Laden, he is doing a shameless end-zone dance to help himself get reelected.

“No one disputes that the President deserves credit for ordering the raid, but to politicize it in this way is the height of hypocrisy.”

***

“Hours before McCain, a spokeswoman for Romney’s campaign likewise criticized the video.

“‘The killing of Osama bin Laden was a momentous day for all Americans and the world, and Governor Romney congratulated the military, our intelligence agencies, and the president. It’s now sad to see the Obama campaign seek to use an event that unified our country to once again divide us, in order to try to distract voters’ attention from the failures of his administration,’ press secretary Andrea Saul said.”

***

“But in 2008 Obama likewise thought killing the 9/11 mastermind wasn’t the central goal, saying the top priority should be capturing the leader alive.

“‘What would be important would be for us to do it in a way that allows the entire world to understand the murderous acts that he’s engaged in and not to make him into a martyr, and to assure that the United States government is abiding by basic conventions that would strengthen our hand in the broader battle against terrorism,’ Obama said as he unveiled his new national security team in June 2008.”

***

“Vice President Joe Biden traveled to New York University to give a speech lauding the decision to kill bin Laden, at the same time accusing Romney of shying away from the hunt. Biden quoted a 2007 Associated Press interview in which Romney said, ‘It’s not worth moving heaven and earth and spending billions of dollars just trying to catch one person,’ and suggested that Romney essentially gave up on the bin Laden hunt while Barack Obama courageously stayed the course…

“So just what did Romney say in that interview? Yes, he did say ‘moving heaven and earth,’ but he also discussed at some length a greater war on terror that targeted not only al Qaeda but other terrorist groups as well…

“GOVERNOR ROMNEY: I think, I wouldn’t want to over-concentrate on Bin Laden. He’s one of many, many people who are involved in this global Jihadist effort. He’s by no means the only leader. It’s a very diverse group – Hamas, Hezbollah, al-Qaeda, Muslim Brotherhood and of course different names throughout the world. It’s not worth moving heaven and earth and spending billions of dollars just trying to catch one person. It is worth fashioning and executing an effective strategy to defeat global, violent Jihad and I have a plan for doing that.”

***

“Earlier this week, an Obama-appointed federal judge ruled in favor of the government in a national security case (needless to say), when he denied a FOIA request to obtain all photos and videos taken during and after the raid in Pakistan that resulted in Osama bin Laden’s death. The DOJ responded to the lawsuit by arguing (needless to say) that the requested materials ‘are classified and are being withheld from the public to avoid inciting violence against Americans overseas and compromising secret systems and techniques used by the CIA and the military.’ Among other things, disclosure of these materials would have helped resolve the seriously conflicting statements made by White House officials about what happened during the raid and what its actual goals and operating rules were.

“But while the Obama administration has insisted to the court that all such materials are classified and cannot be disclosed without compromising crucial National Security secrets, the President’s aides have been continuously leaking information about the raid in order to create politically beneficial pictures of what happened.”

***

“President Obama is shamelessly turning the one decision he got right into a pathetic political act of self-congratulation,’ McCain boldly declared, despite backing the President on the killing of Anwar al-Awlaki, defending the President’s involvement in Libya from Republicans, and applauding the President’s decision to block the release of photos documenting abuse of prisoners in Iraq and Afghanistan.

“Candidate McCain also used the idea that he would make the decision to order the killing of Osama bin Laden while a putative President Obama would not on the campaign trail in 2008.

“Expect more to come of the Romney campaign trying to paint President Obama’s foreign policy as “weak” while agreeing in principle with everything the President’s done and pushing for more of the same.”

***

“If showing OBL-as-a-corpse photos would incite the Islamists, why wouldn’t reelection campaign ads incite them, too?”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

don’t you mean a dog eating wussy ………………hehe

angrymike on April 28, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Whatever. Let’s not let (me, at least) anyone say any crap that gets us visited by the secret service fellas. (They’re busy bangin’ prostitutes, ya know?

Noooo, I’ve never heard you say a single bad word about Teh Won.

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Like your James Taylor pick. Listened to that one in the back of my folks car when I was a boy, and knew all the words.

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I’m gonna cut out, got a appt in the morning. But remember
Chity chat……..all night long…………..night all…….;-)

angrymike on April 28, 2012 at 1:29 AM

angrymike on April 28, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Take care, mike.

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 1:30 AM

RedCrow
Ain’t worried, got my pitchfork and lantern at the ready………good night fine ppl of HA……:-)

angrymike on April 28, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Yet HotGas commeters* typically call J-Mac “liberal” & “RINO” because he disagrees with us once in a while.

*Only the hyper-purist wacko kind.

itsnotaboutme on April 28, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Did he take it to Barry in 08 campaign? No arnold he didn’t. Did he try to get amnesty (hammered out in secret) passed in 07? Yes arnold he did. Did he try to hamstring enhanced interrogators? Why yes arnold, you got me.

itsallaboutyou—want more? I got a long memory and no work tomorrow.

arnold ziffel on April 28, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Night, mike.

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Enjoy this one. She goes into Russian about half way through

(It cripples me.)

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 1:37 AM

For Dear Leader,
Take off your pants and jacket and
shut the f**k up

OkieDoc on April 28, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Enjoy this one. She goes into Russian about half way through

(It cripples me.)

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Magnificent. Beautiful song, RC.

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Magnificent. Beautiful song, RC.

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 1:43 AM

She has a beautiful voice.

Have I leapt atop you with my Billy Bragg, yet?

(Caution: The guy’s a self professed communist, but I love some of his tunes, still.)

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 1:47 AM

So what are we up to? Bmore goes to work and can’t check in?

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2012 at 1:48 AM

My buddy loved the “tour” I gave him of the CD one night.

Then, when he got the gist of the guy (Billy Bragg), he no longer wanted to copy the CD! (I think “Waiting for the Grat Leap Forward” was too much for him!)

PS–I love the music and his voice, but he really is a socialist.)

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 1:50 AM

So what are we up to? Bmore goes to work and can’t check in?

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Hi, Cindy. We’re just chitting and chatting. (But don’t tell anyone.)

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 1:51 AM

So what are we up to? Bmore goes to work and can’t check in?

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Ya know, Cindy, I’m a little bit jealous of Bmore.

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Enjoy this one. She goes into Russian about half way through

(It cripples me.)

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 1:37 AM

That was really good. Thanks.

BoxHead1 on April 28, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Have I leapt atop you with my Billy Bragg, yet?

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Very interesting voice. I haven’t heard him before.

P.S. I must be getting old because I’ve never heard “Have I leapt atop you” associated with sharing tunes. LOL

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 1:54 AM

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Let’s have your next tune, bella.

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 1:54 AM

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Your secret is safe with me.

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Me, too!

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2012 at 1:56 AM

*Only the hyper-purist wacko kind.

itsnotaboutme on April 28, 2012 at 1:22 AM

This McRino?

1) The black Dems were caught stuffing the ballot boxes in Philly and Ohio as reported the night of the election and Sen. McCain chose not to fight. The matter is not dead inside the party. It now becomes a matter of sequence now as to how and when to “out”.

In an email sent two days earlier and titled “Insight – McCain #5 ** internal use only – Pls do not forward **,” Burton wrote:

After discussions with his inner circle, which explains the delay in his speech, McCain decided not to pursue the voter fraud in PA and Ohio, despite his staff’s desire to make it an issue. He said no. Staff felt they could get a federal injunction to stop the process. McCain felt the crowds assembled in support of Obama and such would be detrimental to our country and it would do our nation no good for this to drag out like last go around, coupled with the possibility of domestic violence.

What a frikin coward, he was scared of winning in 2008.

burrata on April 28, 2012 at 1:57 AM

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Lol. I tried to share some BB before, but either folks were like my buddy, Jim (couldn’t stand the communist) or they hated it(?).

I kinda felt like I was forcing him on you. (Thus, the wording.)

BoxHead1 on April 28, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Glad you enjoyed it. Are you new, here?

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 1:57 AM

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Do you like this guy??

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 1:58 AM

West End Girls

jaime on April 28, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Breaking up a golf game to order the death of a terrorist that was already ordered to be killed by both Congress and executive order must have been really hard.

pat on April 28, 2012 at 2:04 AM

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Usually, one person with a guitar is fine by me. So, that person has nothing covering their mistakes, etc.
(Pretty difficult to chastise. Though, I’d like him better if he had a few where he picked up the pace a little! (C’mon, dude…hit it!))

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Yep, that picture says it all, smallest man in the room.

AZfederalist on April 28, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Wrapped around Your Finger

jaime on April 28, 2012 at 2:08 AM

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 2:05 AM

He does a bit of everything. Soul, old time gospel, reggae. Not a rocker, but I like his voice and versatility.

This one better?

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Wrapped around Your Finger

jaime on April 28, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Hey, jaime!!
My favorite Police song, ever (I’m pretty sure.)

Listen to this college music! (You too, bella!)

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Hey, party people. Hope you’re all having a great night.

Rusty Allen on April 28, 2012 at 2:12 AM

jaime on April 28, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Ah, used to play & sing that one all the time. Good song.

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:13 AM

This one better?

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Ooh, Grace! I love that!
Got a little Bob Marley thing goin’.
Love it!

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Hey, Rusty. I thought it was your turn to bringt the booze & munchies tonight!

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Hey, Rusty. I thought it was your turn to bringt the booze & munchies tonight!
4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:14 AM
Yeah, I kind of failed.

Rusty Allen on April 28, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Hey, party people. Hope you’re all having a great night.

Rusty Allen on April 28, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Are you ready to blow the doors off the mutha?

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Listen to this college music! (You too, bella!)

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 2:11 AM

College music?? Did you mean that in a generic sense, or are you really that young?

Good tune, btw. :)

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Yeah, I kind of failed.

Rusty Allen on April 28, 2012 at 2:17 AM

No soup for you!!

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:21 AM

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Reason I ask is that I don’t want to be your elderly chaperone on that trip to Italy. LOL

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:24 AM

(It cripples me.)

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 1:37 AM

I love her. I met her once, Secret Service. Can’t tell you much more.

arnold ziffel on April 28, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Good tune, btw. :)

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:19 AM

The Stratford Four is one of those bands I would’a never heard of if not for NPR. (I know, I know. Here in MI, WDET used to play music at night, and keep their moronic politics for the daytime. They don’t play music at night, anymore. :( )

I used to discover all kinds of great music, because I’d put WDET on real low at night, after I came home. I’d almost be drifting off to sleep, then hear some awesome music that’d keep me awake. (A lot of the time, I’d sit up in bed to wait for the band name so I sould go buy it!)

Heard lots of great music that way.

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Listen to this college music! (You too, bella!)

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Nice one, Red.

I looked at the description and wondered what post-punk revival is. Punk revival makes sense. Is that what they mean?

jaime on April 28, 2012 at 2:26 AM

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Oh, I forgot.
College music is kinda obvious when you here it.

I could name numerous (male-dominated) bands that represent “college music”, but I’m not a huge fan.

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Ah, used to play & sing that one all the time. Good song.

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:13 AM

One of my favorites from the police.

You like the Cars – My best Friend’s Girl?

jaime on April 28, 2012 at 2:28 AM

arnold ziffel on April 28, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Ooooh, arnold, you are a bugger!!! (Lol.)
Great tune, though.

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Everybody Wants to Rule the World

jaime on April 28, 2012 at 2:31 AM

arnold ziffel on April 28, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Fantastic song. I’m embarrassed to admit I was unfamiliar with her music, but you guys have given me a new artist for my iPod.
Thanks!

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:32 AM

What a frikin coward, he was scared of winning in 2008.

burrata on April 28, 2012 at 1:57 AM

If you are still up, here is my take. The miserable prik just wanted to see if he could redeem himself after losing to Bush in 2000.
He did not and does not want the spotlight on him where HE has to make big decisions and live with the outcome. He is content just to be a little gutter snipe with all the answers but no solutions.

arnold ziffel on April 28, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Everybody Wants to Rule the World

jaime on April 28, 2012 at 2:31 AM

I think that tune was in “Real Genius”, which was Val Kilmer’s first movie?

I recall, and……….fondly remember that one. :)

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Are you ready to blow the doors off the mutha?

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Funky, mang.

jaime on April 28, 2012 at 2:36 AM

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 1:54 AM

You made me spill my water.
How do do like these guys?

arnold ziffel on April 28, 2012 at 2:36 AM

You like the Cars – My best Friend’s Girl?

jaime on April 28, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Love them. Brings back memories of good times. This one is probably my favorite.

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:37 AM

So what are we up to? Bmore goes to work and can’t check in?

Cindy Munford on April 28, 2012 at 1:48 AM

When Bmore first started posting he was talking about Harry Chapin. from the same era

Beautiful and sad. The man playing with him in this clip was also killed in the plane crash.

arnold ziffel on April 28, 2012 at 2:40 AM

arnold ziffel on April 28, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Nice one, arnold.

jaime on April 28, 2012 at 2:41 AM

How do do like these guys?

arnold ziffel on April 28, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Some of their stuff. I like that one. I’m sure it’s over-played, but I like this one.

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Thanks!

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Arnold and I are both glad you like her. She’s pretty great.

Here’s a love song.

HERE’s a live one that I LOVE! (Catch the lyrics!)

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 2:45 AM

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Music to me is like smells or colors. Reminds me of memories—-places, people, and things.
Drive, 1984, nice ex girlfriend.

arnold ziffel on April 28, 2012 at 2:45 AM

arnold ziffel on April 28, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Man, you hit it out! Ya went yard.
With all due respect to Johnny Mac, the POW thing and all of his service blah, blah, I’ve always felt the same. Did he suffer drain bamage from the torture/brainwashing?

Good tune btw.

OkieDoc on April 28, 2012 at 2:46 AM

“Real Genius”, which was Val Kilmer’s first movie?

I recall, and……….fondly remember that one. :)

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 2:36 AM

I don’t think I saw it. I like Kilmer. Good actor. Liberal, like most of those hollywood nuts, isn’t he?

jaime on April 28, 2012 at 2:46 AM

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:44 AM

That one works so good in a bar.

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 2:47 AM

This one is probably my favorite.

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Yeah, I play that one a lot. Good one.

jaime on April 28, 2012 at 2:47 AM

arnold ziffel on April 28, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Loved Croce!

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:47 AM

HERE’s a live one that I LOVE! (Catch the lyrics!)

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 2:45 AM

lol, man she is a Russki Norah Jones. Awesome.

arnold ziffel on April 28, 2012 at 2:47 AM

jaime on April 28, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Yeah–it was when he was around 20-yo! (Pretty sure it was his first movie. He was a scientist (physicist) working on a laser-weapon project.)

BTW, the movie was a comedy, IIRC.

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 2:49 AM

arnold ziffel on April 28, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Good version of a good elvis song. I like it.

jaime on April 28, 2012 at 2:50 AM

gotta go

jaime on April 28, 2012 at 2:53 AM

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 2:45 AM

She has a great way with words. Quirky and original. I liked both songs. :)

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Drive, 1984, nice ex girlfriend.

arnold ziffel on April 28, 2012 at 2:45 AM

That’s so funny that you made that statement. I had to stop that song almost immediately. Because of memories associated with it. That’s funny how that works.

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:56 AM

That one works so good in a bar.

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 2:47 AM

ROFL

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:58 AM

She has a great way with words. Quirky and original. I liked both songs. :)

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:54 AM

I agree. She’s quite talented.
I could swear, though, that I’ve been hearing her voice on TV commercials, lately!

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Later, jaime. Take care & thanks for the tunes.

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Good tune btw.

OkieDoc on April 28, 2012 at 2:46 AM

thx. He and others of his ilk are the reason we are in shape we are in. A local talk show host today was talking about how the dems never “eat” their own like us supposed troglodytes do to RINOS. Effin dems don’t have to because to their everlasting credit most dems don’t stray too far from the ranch and the ones that do will be shepherded gently back by the repub concern trolls.

arnold ziffel on April 28, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Grace,
Here’s a “punk Regina”.
(Yeah, well………I guess I do like the legs.)

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 3:03 AM

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 2:56 AM

I want you to be cheery. Try this, from when arnold was a little piglet.
I played this a bunch.

arnold ziffel on April 28, 2012 at 3:04 AM

One of my all time favorites from my partying/pool shooting/karaoke days.

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Here’s a “punk Regina”.
(Yeah, well………I guess I do like the legs.)

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 3:03 AM

That one’s funny. She really is quirky little thing.

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 3:08 AM

Just.. hold on a sec.

Didn’t bush campaign on 9/11 and war in 2004?

Here’s one ad, wolves.

Here’s another.

And another.

And another.

Then.. osama gets killed – under the obama administration, no less.. and he has the audacity to brag about it? Hell, if my administration killed public enemy #1, I’d brag about it too.

Cue the fake outrage. Bush exploiting terrorist attacks to get reelected? Cool! Obama exploiting osama’s dead body? Oh.. that’s not cool.

Did I get that right?

triple on April 28, 2012 at 3:08 AM

I want you to be cheery. Try this, from when arnold was a little piglet.
I played this a bunch.

arnold ziffel on April 28, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Yes, I’ve always loved that song. The cheery is back. :)

(Did the piglet hang at Haight Ashbury?)

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 3:11 AM

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Oof!! I’m, perhaps, the only person born in MI who (HATES!) doesn’t like Bob Segar. (HACK!!!)

Lol. Though you did pick my favorite son by him–the one that I hate the least. Why not enjoy some Iggy?

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 3:14 AM

(Did the piglet hang at Haight Ashbury?)

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 3:11 AM

Nope, he was just a central CA little dork.

arnold ziffel on April 28, 2012 at 3:15 AM

arnold ziffel on April 28, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Yep, how well we know that zombies won’t eat their own.

For your entertainment and musicification- (heh, say that real fast… once, lol)

Early Howlin Wolf the first of Frank Zappa’s homage to him of “Going Down Slow” “great googly moogly” in Nanook Rubs it.

OkieDoc on April 28, 2012 at 3:16 AM

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 3:14 AM

I’m hit & miss with him, but I like that one. Love the video, too.

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 3:18 AM

Yes, but, do you know…the wolves?
Eh? Oye!4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 3:18 AM

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 3:21 AM

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 3:04 AM

Probably in my top twenty favorite songs. When I was younger I could narrow it down to ten. More years and more music makes it harder to have just a few favorites. The last couple months on HA have made me remember a bunch of forgotten tunes.

Night everyone, see you tomorrow.

smoochie, smoochie, that’s for you bluegillturd.

arnold ziffel on April 28, 2012 at 3:22 AM

Hey arnold. Aren’t you a Johnny Cash fan?

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 3:22 AM

I’m hit & miss with him, but I like that one. Love the video, too.

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 3:18 AM

Ah, I see. I agree. “The Passenger” is my favorite by Iggy.

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 3:24 AM

(Did the piglet hang at Haight Ashbury?)

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 3:11 AM

Nope, he was just a central CA little dork.

arnold ziffel on April 28, 2012 at 3:15 AM

That’s funny. My garage band rhythm guitar and I bought our black leather pants and knee-high velour boots in the Haight in 1967. (We lived in Texas then).

OkieDoc on April 28, 2012 at 3:24 AM

Night, arnold.

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 3:25 AM

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Nice. I’ve listened to them, but have probably only heard a fraction of their music.

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 3:28 AM

OkieDoc on April 28, 2012 at 3:24 AM

HAHA. I’m a Texan, but when I lived in Cali, I met more than one guy dressed in his interpretation of Texan clothing. Suede leather jacket with the fringes, the whole nine yards. Oh, and his name was Tex. Yeah, right.

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 3:31 AM

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 3:28 AM

Well, here’s a fraction of somethin else!

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 3:35 AM

Oh, and his name was Tex. Yeah, right.

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 3:31 AM

HAHAHA! (LOL!)

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 3:36 AM

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 3:31 AM

We wore this crap back in the DFW area when we played gigs. The sweat poured off our bodies…

Oh, and we had hand sewn “Tom Jones” shirts to go with each outfit, f**kn A. haha

OkieDoc on April 28, 2012 at 3:37 AM

Nobody was interested in this non-musical clip, yestersay.

I think it’s GREAT!

Watch it!

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 3:40 AM

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 3:35 AM

Oh, yeah. Again, another one that I like, but I’ve only listened to some of his music.

I’m going way back now. And this one.

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 3:41 AM

OkieDoc on April 28, 2012 at 3:37 AM

Now you’re talkin. LOL

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Watch it!

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 3:40 AM

I’m still listening to it. It’s hilarious. Reminds me of Monty Python, F. Towers, great stuff.

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 3:49 AM

Now you’re talkin. LOL

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 3:43 AM

On that same trip my bud and I got denied entrance to Disneyland because of our hair and what we wore!

We tried to tell them we were “entertainers”, but in the end we had to go get our Moms to raise hell so they’d allow us in.
Funny, but true.

OkieDoc on April 28, 2012 at 3:55 AM

OkieDoc on April 28, 2012 at 3:55 AM

Oh my gosh, I’m laughing so hard. It sucks when your coolness has to be saved by Mom.

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 4:00 AM

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 3:49 AM

Your Dr. Hook songs are cool. I remember them.

That clip that reminds you of Monty Python, is “A Bit of Fry and Laurie” (Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie (TV’s House), and the baby at the end of the skit is Laurie’s son!

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 4:00 AM

and the baby at the end of the skit is Laurie’s son!

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 4:00 AM

The baby’s lower lip at the end is what gets me. (And I’m a dude.)

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 4:03 AM

RedCrow on April 28, 2012 at 4:00 AM

No way. I saw the title, but I didn’t recognize Hugh Laurie. I don’t watch House, but I know who he is. Wow.

4Grace on April 28, 2012 at 4:03 AM