Peggy Noonan: This Obama character seems increasingly boring and incompetent to me

posted at 9:01 pm on April 27, 2012 by Allahpundit

I thought she’d already finished dumping on The One in last month’s column but no, apparently she’s just getting started. At the rate she’s going, she’ll have fully atoned to the right for being soft on Obama in the last election within, oh, 30 or 40 years.

If you liked “Peggy Noonan: This Obama character seems increasingly dishonest and devious to me,” you’ll love this.

Republicans are worried about the power of incumbency, and it is a real power. Presidents command the airwaves, as they used to say. If they want to make something the focus of national discussion, they usually can, at least for a while. And this president is always out there, talking. But—and forgive me, because what I’m about to say is rude—has anyone noticed how boring he is? Plonking platitude after plonking platitude. To see Mr. Obama on the stump is to see a man at the podium who’s constantly dribbling away the punch line. He looks pleasant but lacks joy; he’s cool but lacks vigor. A lot of what he says could have been said by a president 12 or 20 years ago, little is anchored to the moment. As he makes his points he often seems distracted, as if he’s holding a private conversation in his head, noticing crowd size, for instance, and wishing the front row would start fainting again, like they used to.

I listen to him closely and find myself daydreaming: This is the best-tailored president since JFK. His suits, shirts and ties are beautifully cut from fine material. This is an elegant man. But I shouldn’t be thinking about that, I should be thinking about what a powerful case he’s making for his leadership. I’m not because he’s not…

There is a growing air of incompetence around Mr. Obama’s White House. It was seen again this week in Supreme Court arguments over the administration’s challenge to Arizona’s attempted crackdown on illegal immigration. As Greg Stohr of Bloomberg News wrote, the court seemed to be disagreeing with the administration’s understanding of federal power: “Solicitor General Donald Verrilli . . . met resistance across ideological lines. . . . Even Justice Sonia Sotomayor, the court’s only Hispanic and an Obama appointee, told Verrilli his argument is ‘not selling very well.’ ” This follows last month’s embarrassing showing over the constitutionality of parts of ObamaCare.

You know what I thought of when I read those lines about O being immaculately tailored? Yeah, you know:

That first encounter is still vivid in Brooks’s mind. “I remember distinctly an image of–we were sitting on his couches, and I was looking at his pant leg and his perfectly creased pant,” Brooks says, “and I’m thinking, a) he’s going to be president and b) he’ll be a very good president.”

I take it Noonan didn’t intend to echo another “Obamican’s” famous line about Obama’s pants crease, just because if she had she surely would have cited it. It’s too nifty a metaphor for popular disillusionment with O to let it pass by. Brooks saw how sharply The One was dressed and took it as a sign of omnicompetence; for him, as for the larger electorate, Obama’s glamour informed judgments about his talent. Years later, here’s Noonan looking at the same pants crease and thinking it’s all he has left. He’s become, almost literally, an empty suit.

As for her point that “a lot of what he says could have been said by a president 12 or 20 years ago,” that’s because he doesn’t want to engage with the major challenge of his day. He knows the numbers on spending and entitlements. He could lead the reform effort if he wanted to, but that would mean great electoral peril and ferocious pushback from the left. It’s a kamikaze mission politically and he’s simply not going to undertake something like that, so he sticks with bromides about fairness and small-ball gimmicks like the Buffett Rule to pass the time and position himself for November. That is to say, he won’t talk about what a president today should talk about and he can’t talk about economic growth a la Bill Clinton because there just isn’t enough of it so he has no choice but to talk about green energy and the importance of a college education and yadda yadda yadda. Even his rhetoric is far less exalted than it used to be, and no wonder. Who could get lyrical for that?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

oh Peggy…

GhoulAid on April 27, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Me too.

Paul-Cincy on April 27, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Ol’ Maggie’s taken Molly Ivins’ old spot for dumbest “smart person” alive….

rightwingyahooo on April 27, 2012 at 9:05 PM

She will still vote for the King.

JPeterman on April 27, 2012 at 9:06 PM

The Hamiltons at 5 Peggy? Obviously you are in a hurry to make copy.

bettycooper on April 27, 2012 at 9:06 PM

It took her this long? Could have clued her in 4 years ago.

Southgirl on April 27, 2012 at 9:06 PM

She still needs Depends.

She and Althouse can go to Hell for bringing him.

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 9:07 PM

That’s not long enough for me.

Bitter Clinger on April 27, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Oh Peggy. You poor fool. You fell for the trap of charisma. A lesson not soon forgiven.

nobar on April 27, 2012 at 9:09 PM

“There is a growing air of incompetence around Mr. Obama’s White House…”

That’s just crazy talk…

… Obowma will just run on his record and win in a landslide.

/ (<- is this really necessary?)

Seven Percent Solution on April 27, 2012 at 9:09 PM

i take my hat off to you Allah. brilliant. you are why i’m here.

renalin on April 27, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Sorry, Noonan was an Obama supporter in 2008. I stopped paying attention to her then even though she is a brilliant essayist.

Happy Nomad on April 27, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Brooks says. “Sometimes, it can be a little condescending. . . . But you take the readers where you can get them. I do wish more people walked up to me and said, ‘I’m a conservative and I love you.’ But, mostly, they don’t read the Times.”

Have a beer with Chris Matthews.

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Some people refuse to believe that they can ever be wrong in their sage judgement. Peggy is one of those idiots. I suspect Bill O’Reilly voted the ONE, as well as Sheppard Smith and Allyson Camorata. Every time someone criticizes the ONE their face change-it so obvious. Best guess – O’Reilly votes to re-elect the ONE so he can keep his ratings up! Any takers?????

Bob in VA on April 27, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Noonan, Brooks, & Co. crack me up. They’re supposed to be soooo smart and impressive and they end up looking like fools for buying into what was obviously never there.

Bitter Clinger on April 27, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Not what she was saying i ’08, when she had her lips firmly planted on his okule. eff this heifer.

HerneTheHunter on April 27, 2012 at 9:11 PM

The clothes choices aren’t even his, Peggy.

His Hollywood supporters turned him over to a stylist early in the campaign for a makeover.

Wethal on April 27, 2012 at 9:11 PM

He was always and empty suit, the oz…behind the curtain…

“You lie” was the truest thing ever said about him.

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Have another martini, Peggy.

Robert_Paulson on April 27, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Piggy? I just saw you at GT (Georgetown) reception.
Careful girl. We may have swapped politcal spit.

bettycooper on April 27, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Oculus, oculi

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Thanks for nothing Pegs.

ctmom on April 27, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Just one question Noons: what freakin’ rock you been hidin’ under for the past 4 years? Shouldda fracked it.

stukinIL4now on April 27, 2012 at 9:16 PM

But, Peggy, how can you say such a thing about the greatest orator in the history of oration?

Bitter Clinger on April 27, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Peggy DrinkingBeforeNoonan seeks relevance. Sorry, too late.

BHO Jonestown on April 27, 2012 at 9:16 PM

An insufferable ass is an insufferable ass, of course, of course
And no one can talk sense to an insufferable ass of course
And especially, of course, if the insufferable ass is the famous Barack Obama

Go right to the source and ask the insufferable ass
He’ll give you the answer that deceivers will endorse
He’s always on a dissemblers course
Talk to Barack Obama

Barack Obama just yakkity yaks a streak and wastes your time of day
Does any sane person even believe anymore a single thing he has to say?

An insufferable ass is an insufferable ass, of course, of course
And this one’ll talk in prevaricating circles til his voice is hoarse
You never heard of a talking insufferable ass?

Well, listen to this

He is Barack Obama!

Cheshire Cat on April 27, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Noonan is one of those “low information” voters we hear tell of.

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 9:18 PM

She’s so Sunset Boulevard.

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Are you going to apologize to us Peggy?

rbj on April 27, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Have another martini, Peggy.

Robert_Paulson on April 27, 2012 at 9:14 PM

…she out with Diane Sawyer, again?

KOOLAID2 on April 27, 2012 at 9:18 PM

It always amazes me how some of the supposedly smartest people can be so gullible, if not downright dumb.

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Hey Pegs, boring and incompetent is the least of his problems. He’s out of the mold of Marx/Lenin/Alinsky, an anti-Western, anti-American, anti-capitalist who would revoke our Constitution and transform our America into the antithesis of its former self. He is the enemy within. Our worst nightmare.

I am in a business that can’t be easily transported elsewhere. But if this little thug gets a second term, I may just have to find a way.

petefrt on April 27, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Peggy? Why make an inane political statement against your president? Let’s work otherwise-
Better start now. Here. For practice.

bettycooper on April 27, 2012 at 9:22 PM

She helped build him up and now it’s time to bring him down. Too bad the country had to pay the price.

lonestar1 on April 27, 2012 at 9:22 PM

That first encounter is still vivid in Brooks’s mind. “I remember distinctly an image of–we were sitting on his couches, and I was looking at his pant leg and his perfectly creased pant,” Brooks says, “and I’m thinking, a) he’s going to be president and b) he’ll be a very good president “It’s amazing what a narcissist can do with taxpayers’ money”

An honest journalist would have been thinking something along those lines.

Cleombrotus on April 27, 2012 at 9:22 PM

As far as I am concerned, this airhead died in 2008.

It’s obvious that Peggy Noonan is far more interested in being invited to Manhattan and Beltway cocktail parties than the future of our nation … and has been for a long time.

bw222 on April 27, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Hopeys Integrity is in question!!

canopfor on April 27, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Piggy Nooner–she’s so smart. *sigh*

predator on April 27, 2012 at 9:24 PM

One November day that now seems so long ago
When I was not so smart you know
A smooth talking man came before me
And spoke of all the things he would do for the country
He would chase away all the blue
It seemed like he knew just what to do
He would heal all the wounds
And give us all silver spoons
It seemed like such a dream
I never even suspected it was all just a scheme
“Come vote for me!” he said with such a smile
“Just get high on my hope and change for a while”
But now I understand
Now, now, now I understand
He’s nothing put a lying destructo man

Cheshire Cat on April 27, 2012 at 9:25 PM

nobar on April 27, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Is that you, Ducky?

davidk on April 27, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Maggie Mays Mulling over the MSM’s Frankenstein!!
(sarc).

canopfor on April 27, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I met a man, Objangles, and he danced for me
In 1930’s old new deal shoes
With short hair, a flashy shirt and creased pants
The old new deal soft shoe
He tap danced so high, tap danced so high, then he lightly touched down

I met him in a ward in Chicago
I was So down and out
He looked to be the Messiah of the age
As he spoke right out
He talked of hope, he talked of change
But then he laughed and just clicked heels instead

Mister Objangles
Mister Objangles
Mister Objangles
Dance!!!

Cheshire Cat on April 27, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Oh you make me hurl my lunch you clueless dimwit…..
the truth is that
The Drivel Wears Nada
:O

burrata on April 27, 2012 at 9:27 PM

is this racist?

rob verdi on April 27, 2012 at 9:28 PM

So has she ever apologized to those of us who knew who he was 4 or even 8 years ago? All these columns she’s written lately have only told us that she’s finally realized what we’ve known all along. I cannot respect her until she gets down on her knees and admits that she should have known what we’ve known. After all, she’s so much smarter than we are.

mabelee on April 27, 2012 at 9:28 PM

His mind will still be in the Soros clouds and his talk will still be all make believe
Oh lord, the man’s a fraud, he’s a flim flam man

He’ll wrap himself up in a big beautiful box making out like he’ll give out more gifts than Santa Claus
Oh lord, the man’s a fraud, he’s a flim flam man

Oh yeah, the beautiful gent, you know he’ll leave you with hardly any medical care and nary a cent
But maybe you can heal the sick and pay your bills with his charm

His Marxist plans may be back up his sleeve but his talk will still be all make believe
Oh lord, the man’s a fraud, he’s a flim flam man

Cheshire Cat on April 27, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Quick Quiz:

Peggy Noonan had a certain amount of relevancy and currency during the Bush administration. Am I the only one that thinks she has since joined the ranks of irrelevant pundits?

Happy Nomad on April 27, 2012 at 9:29 PM

“Peggy!!! You got a lotta ‘splaing to do!!!”

The Reasonable Man on April 27, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Happy Nomad on April 27, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Nope…

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Oh come on! The guy wears wife beater t-shirts under white shirts. How big of a fashion mistake is that? The left keeps wanting to bring this image of a polished man but it is hardly the case in 100 different ways.

aniptofar on April 27, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Noonan: When you see politicians on C-Span, in the well of the House or the Senate after a vote, they’re always touching each other’s arms and shoulders. They touch each other more than actors! Bill Clinton was fleshly, and LBJ. How odd to have a Democratic president who doesn’t seem to like humans all that much.

I look at a lot more photos and videos of BHO than Peggy does. There’s one thing Obama does is touch and probably more than any other politician. He has his hands on everyone’s backs, shoulders, and arms in a smary, unctuous way. It’s the first thing I noticed about him because it’s so creepy and phony. It’s as if he took a course in Politics 101 on how to look like a alpha male politico.

It was condescending and patronizing for Noonan to call him elegant. His visage is smug, arrogant or angry most of the time.

No Niks on April 27, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Wow all you need is creased pants and fake fainting audience members to be a good president?

Reality says..Bzzzt!

DavidM on April 27, 2012 at 9:30 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 27, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Of course. Katie Couric’s wing girls.

Robert_Paulson on April 27, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Noonan is one of those “low information” voters we hear tell of.

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I think she had the Presidential election confused with American Idol.

talkingpoints on April 27, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Happy Nomad on April 27, 2012 at 9:29 PM

She became dead to me when she started fawning over Obama while smearing Sarah Palin.

Bitter Clinger on April 27, 2012 at 9:37 PM

aniptofar on April 27, 2012 at 9:30 PM

If he could get away with it, he would wear sweats all the time. He is simply the laziest, most unprofessional thuggish person to ever be president.

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 9:39 PM

I have never been a fan of Peggy Noonan. She always seemed overrated, and I often find her writing style annoying. When she started swooning over Obama in 2008, that was the limit for me.

But now I am getting perverse amusement from watching her slowly turn from admirer to doubter to critic of Obama. In some ways, I’m willing to forgive because she reminds me that there are other people out there–friends, family, co-workers–who voted for Obama and who are now transitioning away from their past mistake and toward the conclusion that he must not be re-elected. Maybe reading articles by Peggy Noonan and others helps them rationalize their own change of heart.

I’ll cut her some slack if she keeps up the steady drumbeat against Obama and influences others to do the same.

DrStock on April 27, 2012 at 9:39 PM

I used to really like Noonan. Then 2008 came and she jumped the shark, in my opinion. I’m still mad at her, intellectual heavyweight that she presumably is, for not seeing what the rest of us with two eyes, a little brain power, and a lot of common sense could easily see: Obummer is an empty suit, full of sound and fury, but signifying nothing.

pianomomma on April 27, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Hmmmm.

I can hear them beginning to clamor for the present-dunces skoo records. Can you hear it?

I can.

Key West Reader on April 27, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Noonan should have come to her senses long ago…. if I remember… she was gushing about the POS. I used to hold her in high regard. She’s a typical idiot media lackey.

ultracon on April 27, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Good article. I had to read some parts twice to appreciate it. (lack of intellect on my part…not the writers)

KOOLAID2 on April 27, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Useful idiot

txhsmom on April 27, 2012 at 9:42 PM

pianomomma on April 27, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I think she can smell the shoes of Obama getting ready to stomp on her head as the shoe of Obama shoves her under the bus of doom. They all see it, they smell it and Lord in Heaven knows they’ve tasted his shoes.

All of his bootlickers will get what is coming to them. I wonder if the Oministration can build a bus that big.

Key West Reader on April 27, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Usually, if an intelligent person makes a mistake their reputation takes a hit, but they can recover. However, some mistakes are so large and so obvious or take so long for the person to recognize, that it forces everyone to re-evaluate their original opinion of that person.

Peggy, you’re an idiot. Hang up the keyboard because most of us stopped wasting our time on your columns 4 years ago.

Over50 on April 27, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Just noticing his plonking platitudes now?

This is an elegant man

Explain, then, the Mom jeans.

There is a growing air of incompetence around Mr. Obama’s White House

Growing air of incompetence…?

I listen to him closely and find myself daydreaming

Peggy, you’ve been daydreaming more than you know.

LetsBfrank on April 27, 2012 at 9:44 PM

pianomomma on April 27, 2012 at 9:40 PM

…I felt the same way…then loathed her when she went Huffington on us…but she’s working her way back. Maybe she had a different kind of menopause.

KOOLAID2 on April 27, 2012 at 9:44 PM

I think she had the Presidential election confused with American Idol.

talkingpoints on April 27, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Correct. It has cost her her career. She can lament all she wants. When you lose your integrity as a journOlist? What’s left?

/Pardon the pun

Key West Reader on April 27, 2012 at 9:47 PM

There is a growing air of incompetence around Mr. Obama’s White House

…the only thing I disagree with…it’s been there for three years!

KOOLAID2 on April 27, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Hmmmm.
I can.
Key West Reader on April 27, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Better late than never.

txhsmom on April 27, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Better late than never.

txhsmom on April 27, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Morbid curiosity will get the better of them all.

Key West Reader on April 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM

This Obama character was, is, and will always be boring and incompetent to me.

Seems increasingly has nothing to do with it.

rukiddingme on April 27, 2012 at 9:52 PM

“Hello, Mom? Yeah, it’s me… Peggy. I know, I know… I haven’t called or written but you know how it is when you meet a really cool guy and he sweeps you off your feet? Well, I did. And well, Mom… I lost my career, my credibility, my integrity, my readership and my future. Mom? I need to move back in with you. And I’m bringing the cat”

/So sad.

Key West Reader on April 27, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Until she flat out declares “I was wrong”, all this incremental blather is just selling copy. We know who obama is, ms. noonan. the question is who you are.

paul1149 on April 27, 2012 at 9:58 PM

pity the jilted lover.

she was beguiled by the false Messaiah.

me-thinks a sharp pants-crease will always trump experience and substance for ms. noonan……’tis the way of the D.C./NY cocktail circuit pundit.

She’ll have another kettle one martini, up, with 3 olives and slightly dirty, please.

Tim_CA on April 27, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Five trillion dollars short and three and a half years late. You and maureen down became sisterhood of the pants a while back.

msupertas on April 27, 2012 at 10:00 PM

For the millionth time. Noonan did not vote for Obama.

Why do people keep on insisting with this?

Noonan 2008 track record

budfox on April 27, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Peggy Noonan = Zero Cred’s.

Darvin Dowdy on April 27, 2012 at 10:06 PM

He could lead the reform effort if he wanted to

WRONG! Allah. Barry is a true socialist. Socialist TRUTH is the ONLY “Truth”. Barry can no more change his thinking than a zebra can change it’s stripes. Far as Barry is concerned, GIVE him enough TIME and enough MONEY and HE will be the one to make socialism work.

For He IS the Obamassiah! And if it cannot come to pass, better the whole country dissolve into chaos.

GarandFan on April 27, 2012 at 10:07 PM

profitsbeard on April 27, 2012 at 10:09 PM

He’s become, almost literally, an empty suit.

The suit with the “perfectly creased pant” was equally empty. Too bad Brooks and Noonan couldn’t see past the fancy trappings.

SukieTawdry on April 27, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Well, she can always brag that she voted for the first black president. You can’t take that away from her.

I still don’t know what I was waiting for
And my time was running wild
A million dead-end streets
Every time I thought I’d got it made
It seemed the taste was not so sweet
So I turned myself to face me
But I’ve never caught a glimpse
Of how the others must see the faker
I’m much too fast to take that test

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strain)
Ch-ch-Changes

Fallon on April 27, 2012 at 10:15 PM

This is a very good article.

Noonan was wrong about Obama, but can we stop pretending she’s Andrew Sullivan or David Brooks? She endorsed and voted for McCain/Palin.

joana on April 27, 2012 at 10:20 PM

For the millionth time. Noonan did not vote for Obama.

Why do people keep on insisting with this?

Oh, maybe because she bought into his sh!t in 2008 and denigrated Palin. Even if she voted against him, she was part of the hype, part of the ObamaCons.

thebrokenrattle on April 27, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Also, Peggers:

Obama eats dogs.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on April 27, 2012 at 10:22 PM

That’s very good analysis right there.

AP closed Noonan’s own loop.

aquaviva on April 27, 2012 at 10:25 PM

For the millionth time. Noonan did not vote for Obama.

Why do people keep on insisting with this?

budfox on April 27, 2012 at 10:02 PM

None of us knows or can prove who she voted for in 2008.

Fallon on April 27, 2012 at 10:26 PM

OK.
So, now we are to accept the femagoguery of our

foremost demagogue?

Buy her a drink.

Make that a double.

OkieDoc on April 27, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Until Nooner you can post this Pres is the “greatest fraud ever hoisted onto this country”, you can take your drivel elsewhere..but you won’t, cause you did part of the hoisting…pack sand.

hillsoftx on April 27, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Peggy’s masturbation sessions gone wasted.

rickyricardo on April 27, 2012 at 10:38 PM

hillsoftx on April 27, 2012 at 10:35 PM

These people, “elites” right and left are incapable of simply saying, “I was wrong, no excuses.” Yet us lowlifes are supposedly of the intractable mindset.

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Apparently the moths have finally begun to eat through The Pegster’s woolen eyewear.

viking01 on April 27, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Are you going to apologize to us Peggy?

rbj on April 27, 2012 at 9:18 PM

diogenes on April 27, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Screw you. You are part of the reason the country is in this mess – YOU VOTED FOR THIS CHARLATAN!

So, go to hell, honey. M’kay?

RedNewEnglander on April 27, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Trust yourselves and your own values. Noonan has the benefit of an expensive education and access to world leaders and billionaires, and yet we saw through this worthless fraud while she was seduced by his expensive suits. We are smarter than her.

Jaibones on April 27, 2012 at 11:06 PM

None of us knows or can prove who she voted for in 2008.

Fallon on April 27, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Why saying she voted for Obama then? She endorsed the GOP ticket publicly.

Are you sure McCain and Palin didn’t vote for Obama?

joana on April 27, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I imagine Peggy and Juan Williams see eye to eye on lots of things.

I’ll bet they’re tight. Sittin’ round the academic-laden, smoking now prohibited, really hip coffee-house..Just postulatin’ all day long ’bout how lowly workin’ folks are just too damn dumb too see how smart and wonderful this Obama fellow is.

Peggy and her ilk are the lowest form of scum on the planet, and should be hunted with dogs. …metaphorically speaking, of course.

a5minmajor on April 27, 2012 at 11:16 PM

and denigrated Palin

There it is.

Class warfare, righty style.

Noonan worked for Reagan and has been a practicing, pro-life Catholic conservative for decades.

budfox on April 27, 2012 at 11:29 PM

What’s the matter Peggy, is the WSJ threatening to cut your column? You do a good job of rehashing what so many of us have seen in him for years, and that might save your job, but I wonder what you really think. The “elegant man” crap makes you sound like you want to say that you just can’t stay mad at him. Obama’s slouchy walk, with his eyes cast down, is all it takes to disqualify him from any association with the word “elegant.” No objectivity will come from you, so go ahead, slather on the lip balm, and get it over with.

86 on April 27, 2012 at 11:30 PM