Dem Rep: Jobless will vote for Obama to keep benefits flowing

posted at 9:21 am on April 27, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Rep. Chaka Fattah’s assertion on Al Sharpton’s MSNBC show last night has received plenty of derision.  Instapundit calls it “banking on the moocher vote,” and Twitter pundit Keder derisively notes, “Democrats would rather give you freebie ‘benefits’ then do anything useful that might actually help you find a job. I know this may be hard for @TheDemocrats to understand, but the unemployed don’t want ‘benefits.’ They want jobs.”  Unfortunately, that may all be true, but that doesn’t make Fattah wrong, either:

“We’re headed in the right direction. Unemployment continues to drop and those people who are unemployed, they’re not going to be voting for the party who wants to cut their benefits, cut access to food stamps, cut job training,” Rep. Chaka Fattah (D-PA) said on MSNBC’s Al Sharpton program.

“The idea that Republicans are trying to help those who are unemployed is nonsense and I think that on this election day, those who have a job can credit the administration for stabilizing our economy and those who don’t know that this administration is trying to put them to work,” he said.

Hmmm … somehow, I think that “right direction” argument got just a wee bit weaker this morning.

The problem is that there probably will be a “moocher vote,” and not just in unemployment benefits.  Rather than call it a “moocher vote,” a better and more accurate term would be the “entitlement vote.”  We’re heading toward a fiscal crisis on entitlement spending that makes the 2008 bubble crisis look like the House check-writing embarrassment.  It could destroy our currency and leave us destitute, far worse than the Great Depression that spawned the entitlement spree in the first place.  And yet Americans who say they want cuts in government spending that would barely dent the juggernaut blanch at the specific cuts that reduce their own take from the entitlement systems, even when those cuts come in the future rather than now.  The entitlement vote is real, and it’s going to benefit Democrats in exactly the manner Fattah warns here.

However, that’s only the bad news.  The good news is that the entitlement vote has always been limited, and the crisis in 2008 probably made it significantly stronger than what it is now.  Those legions of people on unemployment benefits have already run past the 99-week limit, and now they want jobs, not handouts.  Republicans need to point to the generational lows in workforce participation rates and the millions of jobs lost that haven’t come back, thanks to the economic and regulatory policies of this administration.  The entitlement vote does not have to be decisive in 2012, and almost certainly won’t be.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Son, you need help…serious help. :-)

coldwarrior on April 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM

No kidding, Farrah Fawcett at least had redeeming qualities (well at least as long as she kept her mouth shut)

SWalker on April 27, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Hey

Bishop on April 27, 2012 at 10:07 AM

for some reason, whenever chaka fattah comes up, i think of farrah fawcett.

t8stlikchkn on April 27, 2012 at 9:59 AM

It made me think of “Land of the Lost” and that little hairy abomination that would jump around and almost get killed by Sleestaks every episode.

Bishop on April 27, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I have already told my kids (the ones still at home) that we may have to leave the U.S. They could not believe it. Then, I explained to them their share of the national debt, and what it would be in the future. I explained the fiscal cliff we are heading toward. I explained to them the left’s brazen vote-buying, and what it would mean for the productive class. I had one of them read Atlas Shrugged.

They understand.

Rush says, “Don’t panic until you hear me start a broadcast, ‘Live, from New Zealand…!’” Thanks, Rush, but I am panicking ahead of schedule.

HeatSeeker2011 on April 27, 2012 at 10:07 AM

The Democrats are well on their way to building a society similar to that depicted in H.G. Wells “The Time Machine”, where the parasitic, dependent weaklings (Eloi) became nothing more than livestock to be consumed by their masters (Morlocks). It’s a sad time for this once great Republic.

rplat on April 27, 2012 at 10:08 AM

We’re headed in the right direction.

Hmmm…must be getting his talking points from Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

vcferlita on April 27, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Bishop on April 27, 2012 at 10:07 AM

So, are you suggesting that Chaka Fattah’s life is in danger anytime Michelle Obama is around him?

SWalker on April 27, 2012 at 10:09 AM

It’s not a “moocher vote”. It’s much worse than that. It’s the millions of people that have been made completely dependent on government largess because of government policies intended to make them that way. That’s the Democratic Party’s strategy for creating a “permamnent majority”. It works until the Democrats run out of other people’s money to spend and then it doesn’t work quite so well anymore.

eyedoc on April 27, 2012 at 9:55 AM
We’re getting rather close to that.

Bitter Clinger on April 27, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Obama’s counting on there being about 4 more years left.

talkingpoints on April 27, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Why does Rep. Chaka Fattah still have a job?

SWalker on April 27, 2012 at 9:32 AM

…HE HAS MORE MOOCHERS!

KOOLAID2 on April 27, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Full disclosure… I hesitate to say this directly, because I truly do want to work again someday,.. maybe it will be possible, I have another surgery in my future,.. I’m retired yes.. at 52.. 100% disabilty from multiple fractures of the spine, work related.. I look normal, but I have trouble walking, and standing for very long…

I hesitate, because I’m afraid that some will think less of me for being on Social Security… 31 years on the job,.. and if I had been able to have a private disabilty insurance, or medical retirement I would have gladly paid in, to avoid this.. and the entire time I was unemployed before the SSD was approved,.. We never went on welfare,.. my wife worked hard,.. I minded the children and home as best I could,.. well various family members homes,.. and did every odd job and chore I could.. at least trying to help.. family was our safety net.. till I was approved for SSD.

It’s not a large amount, combined with my wife’s income, we made 40,000 last year..

But our needs are modest, we learned that the hard way.. living within our means.. and Isay this in all honesty Ed… as God is my witness, I never wanted this.. all I ever wanted was to work.. I loved my job, loved helping people,.. loved making their kids laugh and smile as I handled their purchases.. I was at peace with my life..

Now.. I’m a ward of the state, and that shames me.

We have little in the way of options, and this let’s me provide for my children again.. The one thing i’ll die before I stop trying to do.

I can’t speak for others, but I would be willing to kick in, I know cuts are coming,.. and I know they will hurt,.. much more than it would someone with a higher income.. but above all, I believe in personal responsibility, I will not complain when the cuts come, because they have to.. to save these programs for the next generations, we ALL have to kick in, no matter how small our income is, it’s only just, that everyone contribute, everyone sacrifice.. How can I honestly ask another to do something that I will not do?

I wasn’t raised that way.

I know it will hurt Ed.. but I’m ready to do my part.. I believe there are more like me than you think,.. more who realize, we can’t be selfish on our end any more.

Please guys.. I never wanted this..

but you do what you must to survive and care for your family.. don’t deny us a chance to kick in too, out of fear for the frightened, and the lazy..

Let us have the self respect of kicking in.. like men, we are all in this together,.. and we want to help too.

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 10:14 AM

“We’re headed in the right direction.”

Sure, as long as you consider down to be the right direction.

Physics Geek on April 27, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Had I only knew that underachieving in virtually all aspects of my life would be so richly rewarded, stealing from everyone else to pay for my existence, like over half of our fellow citizenry now do…. I would not have bothered to work as hard as I have to provide for myself and my family……

Decades of people living like “mistletoe”…. which is a parasitical plant which lives off of another and eventually can and will kill it’s host!

Why work or educate yourself when someone else will pay for your housing, utilities, food, medical care, dental care, eye care, education…. what’s left to do for yourself?

We are seeing an experiment in real time that has epically failed on all levels… yet, to roll it back will cause riots and blood in our streets. Greed…. is a deplorable human condition!

ActinUpinTexas on April 27, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Time and money will run out for the moochers. Even those few with a job giving 100% to the moochers won’t be able to keep the benefits coming.

But of course, it will be “unexpected”!

rpupton on April 27, 2012 at 10:21 AM

This says it all about the delusional Left and their attempt to force their religion upon us. They think they’re doing such good, and all they do is make things worse. Self-destruction is all they know (see Obama, national debt, hippies [Pelosi], abortion, gay “marriage”).

RobertMN on April 27, 2012 at 10:25 AM

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Don’t worry. You’re not the type we’re talking about. We’re talking about the able-bodied who would rather have a check handed to them than work for it.

Bitter Clinger on April 27, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Allen West proven right. Again. They are socialists/communists/marxists in their approach to governing our society. The producers must subsidize the takers so that outcomes all are equal in their eyes.

DanMan on April 27, 2012 at 10:34 AM

In 1915, Oscar Micheaux made a silent film called Within Our Gates (available on the internet for downloading). It’s a 100 year old eye opening must see that explains much about the race relations and plans of “The Democratic Communist Party” and it’s reelection policies. Rep. Fattah plays the role of the Black minister in the movie, who’s main job is to keep the people poor, uneducated and obedient to the Party Leaders. He got his rewards (crumbs that they may be) and presents a willingness to be a Judas goat leading his constituents to the auction block to feed the needs of the Party.

jpcpt03 on April 27, 2012 at 10:35 AM

for some reason, whenever chaka fattah comes up, i think of farrah fawcett.

t8stlikchkn on April 27, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Actually, I think of Chunk o’ Fat. That’s what the moochers like to feast on.

onlineanalyst on April 27, 2012 at 10:40 AM

I wonder what percentage of Chaka Con’s constituents are receiving benefits.

HumpBot Salvation on April 27, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Judging by the democratic party votes coming out of Philadelphia, about 200% of the census population.

slickwillie2001 on April 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM

We never went on welfare,.. my wife worked hard,.. I minded the children and home as best I could,.. well variousfamily members homes,.. and did every odd job and chore I could.. at least trying to help.. family was our safety net.. till I was approved for SSD.

I truly sympathize with your position and you should have no shame. This sentence struck me though.

Why did you stop as soon as you started getting the checks?

Spliff Menendez on April 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Sorry to hear of your injuries and troubles. I don’t think you have anything to be ashamed of or anything to explain to anyone here. You are a beneficiary of an involuntary ponzi scheme. While I don’t support the SS system as it was to be, or as it is now, the way in which you “benefit” from it is the way it is intended. You paid into it, like insurance. (Granted, it would be much better to privatize it!).

It’s the welfare generations, fake disability claimants (see skyrocketing #’s mentioned above and in other threads), astronomical food stamp recipient increases, etc. They are not in need. Most are not disabled. They are taking advantage of a system – and they are being ENCOURAGED to do so (criminally, in both the literal and figurative sense), by their elected officials.

Hueydriver on April 27, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Everyone who thinks that Romney has a snowball’s chance in hell to win the election needs to watch that again… and again… and again. Because he’s right. It is logistics, something that (R)s and their talkers simply don’t get.

This clown represents Philadelphia. He’s not the only one. That’s for whom the urban areas vote for. Obama will be +700k out of Philly, he will be +300k out of Pitts, +100k from couple of other urban areas and that’s the deficit that will be nearly impossible to overcome in the rural areas.

Most of handouts happen in urban areas. This means that the people who like handouts move to the urban areas. One would always vote for his personal interests.

Until (R)s cut off the body that feeds the snake ( i.e. the funding for handouts ), nothing would change. But of course (R)s don’t really want to do that – just look at the current speaker.

EvilCapitalist on April 27, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Bitter Clinger on April 27, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Thanks, that does mean a lot.

I was raised to believe a man works, that’s what we do, our self respect in bound into what we contribute.. when you stop being a contributor.. you feel ashamed, even when you can’t change it, or alter what happened, you feel like you let people down.

So thanks you that.. forgiving yourself, is not an easy thing.. my wife is helping me adjust,.. but I just wanted to work..

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 10:46 AM

See I would be embarrassed to make that statement…

jeffn21 on April 27, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Let’s see Romney leading Obama in most trustworthy polls. Sounds like we are headed in the right direction.

Smedley on April 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Why does Rep. Chaka Fattah still have a job?

SWalker on April 27, 2012 at 9:32 AM

It is the logistics, stupid. He will crush any non-D that runs against him in his district because he peddles handouts and (R)s are afraid of saying “Not a penny to this program”.

EvilCapitalist on April 27, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Please excuse a question to start this string but does anyone know what nationality a Chaka Fattah background is?

so easy…I saw this and immediately guessed he was probably a guy named Bill Jones that grew up in Philly and chose his tribal name to burnish his identity. Viola! Fallon came through and confirmed it.

Arthur Davenport…even better.

DanMan on April 27, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Why did you stop as soon as you started getting the checks?

Spliff Menendez on April 27, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Oh I didn’t stop doing everything I could.. I just meant, once I was approved.. things changed.. Money was no longer such an overwhelming obstacle.. we got our own place,.. paid back the family who helped us, and I still do.. my one sis in law, has medical issues now, and can’t work,.. enlarged heart, kidney failure.. so we took her in, as she did us a few years back..

I still do all the chores I can.. still cook and clean.. mind the kids.. the pace may be slow, but I still push to contribute. I worded it badly, the only real change, is our bills are paid on time, and we help those who helped us, because we can now.. having our own home.. a rental.. but the Landlord is ok, and I fix what I can to get a break on the rent.. I’m a fair carpenter, minor electrical, plumbing.. The place is nicer than when we moved in..

My wife still gives me grief for pushing too hard..

When that happens, a couple of hours lying down helps..

But I never meant to say I quit.. the rocker I’ll sit in to give up hasn’t been made yet.

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 10:57 AM

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I feel you. Was generally curious. Your wife would give you grief no matter what you do if she’s anything like mine. I think it’s her way of keeping me on my toes!

Again though, don’t feel any shame. Just keep being you.

Spliff Menendez on April 27, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Ed Morrissey on April 27, 2012 at 9:21 am

We’re heading toward a fiscal crisis on entitlement spending that makes the 2008 bubble crisis look like the House check-writing embarrassment. It could destroy our currency and leave us destitute, far worse than the Great Depression that spawned the entitlement spree in the first place.

QFT. As if anyone gives a crap.

Paul-Cincy on April 27, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I do the handyman thing to. I’ve definitely added so value to my house. Make a good second income doing commercial HVAC and electrical work.

Fell off a ladder when I was 20 and cracked a vertebrae in my back. It was unpleasent to say the least. I’ve been blessed with a full recovery and no effects so I am thankful for that. You just never know. I take it one day at a time and enjoy the company of my wife and children and family as much as possible.

Spliff Menendez on April 27, 2012 at 11:09 AM

He’s the Ruling Class…now that’s scary! Who is John Galt?

kirkill on April 27, 2012 at 11:16 AM

for some reason, whenever chaka fattah comes up, i think of farrah fawcett.

t8stlikchkn on April 27, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Actually, I think of Chunk o’ Fat. That’s what the moochers like to feast on.

onlineanalyst on April 27, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Saying it makes me sound like my dogs and cats when they barf.

dentarthurdent on April 27, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Hueydriver on April 27, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Unfortunately, I know exactly what you’re saying, I was in enough doctors offices to see it first hand.

When I applied, it was after a couple of years resisting it, because I was afraind folks would think I was playing the system.. That was a real fear to me..

The short list, 7 fractured vertebre, (compression fractures), 8 damaged discs in total, lumbar and thoracic.. the surgery removed four discs, and fused my neck from c3 to t1.. stenosis (pinched spinal cord) two places in the lumbar, four in my neck,.. I tell you this, because..

One guy got full disability for one ruptured disc.. that was all.. he lawyered up, and fought for ten years, but he got his disability.

Most folks have a surgery, or take meds, and go back to work.. I did, on extreme pain killers, but I was working till the surgeon pulled me in for surgery.

He did me a favor, I really didn’t know it was that close to putting me in a wheelchair..

And when I went back to work to pick up my vacation pay, and last paycheck.. you should have heard some of the folks telling me how lucky I was.. like I had hit the lotto or something..

“aw man… you’re retiring?.. I wish I could get hurt like that and never work again”.. guy after guy said something like that..

strange I don’t feel very lucky..

But you’re righter than most folks realize..

There are a host of people out there looking for the magic wound which will save them from ever working again.. money for nuthin, chicks for free..

They really think I should be enjoying this..

so I get exactly what you mean.

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I just have to add here that when folks talk about “entitlement” voters, they ought NOT to be referring to folks who are receiving Social Security.
I PAID in to Social Security for over 45 years and frankly, if I live to be 96 years old (I’m currently 67) they may pay me back ALL THE DOUGH I coughed up for Social Security.

The Government isn’t GIVING me anything other than what I GAVE TO IT and they aren’t even giving me the money back with interest, either.

realwest on April 27, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I hesitate, because I’m afraid that some will think less of me for being on Social Security… 31 years on the job,.. and if I had been able to have a private disabilty insurance, or medical retirement I would have gladly paid in, to avoid this.. and the entire time I was unemployed before the SSD was approved,.. We never went on welfare,.. my wife worked hard,.. I minded the children and home as best I could,.. well various family members homes,.. and did every odd job and chore I could.. at least trying to help.. family was our safety net.. till I was approved for SSD….
mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Bitter Clinger on April 27, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Even we heartless Republicans don’t begrudge help given to those who truly need it. However, as other commenters have said, all these programs instituted as safety nets have become hammocks. Such devolution is inevitable in any institution; government programs with money devolve faster than most.

A friend of mine is a Lubbock police officer (he’s a nice guy, twerp). Responding one day to a public disturbance call, he found two brothers fussing with each other. As he started writing them up, Brother A insisted that he shouldn’t be ticketed because he had a job, unlike his brother, who was just a lazy shiftless no-good trouble-maker. My friend, of course, asked, “Where do you work, sir?” Brother A hemmed and hawed, dumping on Brother B and proclaiming his own superiority as a hard-working man, until my friend threatened to run them both in if he didn’t answer the question. Brother B finally admitted he lived on government disability, then puffed himself up and declared, “And keeping it is hard work, I want you to know!”

AesopFan on April 27, 2012 at 11:22 AM

If this is the Democrat’s strategy, our country is doomed!

phoebe1 on April 27, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Watch the states with high foreclosures. I don’t see them voting democrat this time around. And that is connected to the housing bubble of 2008 leading to our financial crisis.

Dr Evil on April 27, 2012 at 11:24 AM

In addition to all else that has been posted, Arthur Davenport,
aka, Chaka Fattah represents numerous neighborhoods here in Philly.
In one neighborhood you can no longer get a pizza delivered, in that the life expectancy of a pizza delivery person is less then a flame thrower operator in combat, which is between 30sec and one minute.
He is also the imbecile who has introduced legislation to impose a 1% tax on all bank transactions. Which has received no support from anyone. He is also a long time, avid supporter of
Mumia Abu-Jamal, a convicted cop killer. Nothing else need be said,

BillyPenn on April 27, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Again though, don’t feel any shame. Just keep being you.

Spliff Menendez on April 27, 2012 at 11:03 AM

It is..

I study human nature, kind of a hobby having worked with the public so long.. I always try and figure folks out… the one true thing about wives…

When they are genuinely worried sick about you, terrified you’ll do your self a serious injury, or just do something they consider dumb..

They get angry as Hell at you.. and the more angry they get..

the deeper the love they have for our poor delusional selves.

My wife doesn’t coddle me,.. but she watches me to make sure that the biggest dumb kid in the house is behaving himself..

I don’t usually behave…

what fun is that?

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Sorry to tell you this, but I live in CA, where foreclosures are still as numerous as sands on the beach. People here will cling to their liberal ideology to the death, and no amount of reality will keep them from voting leftward. I’m not normally a pessimist, but after Jerry Brown was elected (again) I pretty much gave up on this state.

pianomomma on April 27, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Not a threat. The moocher/taker class is inherently lazy (which is why they are moochers in the first place) and most will not get off the couch to go vote. They feel entitled to free money and free stuff without being obligated to have to do anything to receive it which includes having to put down that third hot pocket and bag of chips, getting their fat, lazy arses off the couch, missing their favorite TV show, and having to go somewhere to vote. Man, what a hassle.

Now, if they offer free Obama stuff at the polling places that could certainly “bring out the vote”. I wouldn’t put it past the liberals to do that very thing.

AttaBoyLuther on April 27, 2012 at 11:47 AM

AttaBoyLuther on April 27, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Racism. It’s what’s for dinner at GOP HQ.

angryed on April 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Dr Evil on April 27, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Nevada:
PPP (D) 3/29 – 4/1 553 RV 51 43 Obama +8
Rasmussen Reports 3/19 – 3/19 500 LV 50 44 Obama +6
Las Vegas Review-Journal 12/12 – 12/20 600 RV 46 40 Obama +6

angryed on April 27, 2012 at 11:50 AM

realwest on April 27, 2012 at 11:21 AM

You did not pay for your social security. You paid into the pool.

Now do the calculation and see if you paid in more than you are going to receive adjusted for the returns on the T-bonds over that period of time. Oh you paid less? If so it means that you in fact are claiming entitlement.

EvilCapitalist on April 27, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Racism. It’s what’s for dinner at GOP HQ.

angryed on April 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Stupidity. It’s in every single angryed comment.

HumpBot Salvation on April 27, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Another Congressional Black who doesn,t have an American name!!

Jersey Dan on April 27, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Racism. It’s what’s for dinner at GOP HQ.

angryed on April 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Really – so tell me, in your mind which race does “lazy” or “moocher class” refer to?
I think we all know who the real angry racist is.

dentarthurdent on April 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM

This is a comment on the philosophy of human nature.

I think people will vote for who can help them get a job. And that is Romney.

But Democrats think people would rather get benefits than work.

We are likely both right, there are both kinds of folks out there. But honestly, did people work all their lives and now are simply satisfied with a government check? I don’t think so.

My view of human nature is that people are not government pets. Most people anyway.

petunia on April 27, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Rep. Chaka Fattah’s assertion on Al Sharpton’s MSNBC show ….

Al Sharpton has a show?

flstc on April 27, 2012 at 12:33 PM

No worries soon the Dems will turn on these ‘useful idiots’, just like the Nazis turned on the Industrialists. Just like Stalin, just like Pol Pot. When they seize permanent power, these ‘enablers’ since they don’t produce anything, will be cut loose (or worse).
Happens in every regime.

orbitalair on April 27, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Racism. It’s what’s for dinner at GOP HQ.

angryed on April 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Stupidity. It’s the DNA of angryed.

lakeman on April 27, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Unemployment is dropping because currently more people’s benefit expire each month than start benefits. The people who were laid off two years ago are seeing their 99 weeks of benefits expire.

Last month we created 120,000 jobs in the US. Rule of thumb is that you need 200,000 just to keep even, to keep unemployment from rising. But unemployment went down slightly. What that says is that a net 80,000 Americans were without jobs but even more than that ended benefits.

The fundamental flaw in Fattah’s logic is that with every passing month there are more unemployed who AREN’T on benefits because those people’s benefits have expired. In fact, at this point the numbers on benefits is falling slightly but the numbers with expired benefits grows with each passing month.

crosspatch on April 27, 2012 at 12:37 PM

My Gawd. Al Sharpton and Chaka Fattah. You talk about your perfect storm of stupid.

curved space on April 27, 2012 at 12:47 PM

This is the perfect example of why the liberals goal is to keep as many people as possible dependent on government. Votes can be counted on from those deadbeats on the doll, because they know where their graqvy train is fueled!

CDM on April 27, 2012 at 1:00 PM

AttaBoyLuther on April 27, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Racism. It’s what’s for dinner at GOP HQ.

angryed on April 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Liberals are racists because they only see things in terms of skin color… like angryed (which is why I outed him as a liberal plant). Notice that AttaBoyLuther didn’t mention one thing about skin color or demographics, but that angryed made the connection that somehow a specific race is moocher. AngryEd is trying to make AttaBoyLuther feel bad that AngryEd is racist. Get it? Me neither… but then liberals depend on emotion, not logic.

Nice try AngryEd, but most here are smarter than the average liberal.

dominigan on April 27, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Racism. It’s what’s for dinner at GOP HQ.

angryed on April 27, 2012 at 11:49 AM

…again!…the race baiting masturbater!

KOOLAID2 on April 27, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Do you know what we all fear?
When these guys finally say, “we are headed in the wrong direction”… do you know how bad it will be then, if they think this is the right direction?
Actually, when the Republican’s take over and fix things, it will be the wrong direction…just like that state way up north that Ed keeps reminding us of.

right2bright on April 27, 2012 at 1:12 PM

crosspatch on April 27, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Absolutely! The real number to watch is participation rate percentage… which is at its lowest since WWII.

dominigan on April 27, 2012 at 1:12 PM

The Trog vote,
Total
reliance
on
government

Rio Linda Refugee on April 27, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Stuff like THIS is NOT going to help Obama:

California’s unemployment rate is so high for so long workers no longer qualify for the final 20 weeks of benefits.

As of this week, California no longer qualifies for the federal program that provides up to 20 weeks of jobless benefits to the long-term unemployed in high-unemployment states.

Starting in mid-May, no one in California can begin or continue receiving this final round of federal benefits, known as Fed-Ed in California and Extended Benefits elsewhere.

About 90,000 Californians are receiving Fed-Ed. Their benefits will end abruptly in mid-May, even if they still have weeks remaining in their Fed-Ed claim.

Those people are not likely to vote for Obama.

Starting in May those benefits cut off for many in California. There will be six months worth of accumulated people between May and November.

crosspatch on April 27, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Fattah has always been a race baiter, liberal progressive scumbag. Someone ask this puke what he has done for Phila. concerning these issues:

Poverty, crime, UNWED Mothers, school dropouts(76%), 50 percent illiteracy rate, corrupt unions, abortions, drugs, gangs, gangsters, guns, abyss of crime, debauchery, gun play, school truancy, car-jacking, human depravity, cronyism, incompetence, arrogance, 7 out of 10 murders remain unsolved, unemployment rate is 32.9%, and general entitlement living. They have become this way (AS WE ALL KNOW) from the liberal progressive mindset of spread the wealth. With Aid to Dependent Children, (73% Out of Wedlock) minority women birthed eight to 10, and in one case, one woman birthed 24 children and all on American taxpayer dollars.

Brushjumper on April 27, 2012 at 1:39 PM

This is why we need a law that no one on any kind of public assistance may vote in any election UNTIL they are off of public assistance.

Democrats have perfected vote-buying with taxpayer money into a high-art form. They just tell “their people” vote for me and I will take more from them and give it to you.

And they get all the votes they need that way. Time for the vote buying to STOP.

Axion on April 27, 2012 at 1:54 PM

We’ve got other choices besides moocher: couch potato, deadbeat, goof-off, derelict, loafer, might-have-been, social parasite, free loader, sponger, success-deprived, unhinged, born loser, dud, flop, malingerer … oh wait, I think I just described Fattah and the blue portion of the US House and Senate, some of the red and the entire General Assembly of IL.

But to me “moocher” has just enough of that snarky tone to muscle out the other words so let’s call it the “moocher entitlement vote” and cover all the bases.

stukinIL4now on April 27, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I would take that a set farther and say that if you pay no net federal income tax, you can’t vote in federal elections.

crosspatch on April 27, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Margaret Thatcher once said that “The trouble with Socialism is that eventually you run out of other people’s money.”

…words to remember.

TeaPartyNation on April 27, 2012 at 2:37 PM

EvilCapitalist – Well bless your heart for trying.

First of all that SS Money is dollars I PAID (self employed, btw) for my entire working life. I don’t get any interest on those dollars, and in fact the dollars they are paying me back with are worth FAR less than the dollars were worth when I paid them into SS.

Secondly, The Treasury – bless their heats – took those dollars and either used them rather than raising taxes or gave them to someone else. In any event, you’re talking about me getting T-Bills with interest? What?

Take JUST the bare bones of dollars I paid in, how much they will pay me in return (forget any interest which I never got nor ever will get, forget the depreciation in the VALUE of the dollars with which I’ll be paid back and EVEN SO I will have to live 30 more years before I get the total amount of dollars BACK from the Government that I gave to it. IF the Government had done what it was supposed to do: invest the money in T-Bills instead of spending it all (and a special SHOUT OUT to LBJ who not only sent me to Vietnam, but also used all that SS money to pay for his War on Poverty and War on the Vietnamese – you remember, “guns and butter”)then maybe the government would break even with inflation, maybe not, but I’m still NEVER GONNA GET BACK ALL THE DOLLARS I PAID INTO SOCIAL SECURITY. PERIOD.

realwest on April 28, 2012 at 12:06 AM

“If I’m in need, you must bleed for me.”

LizardLips on April 29, 2012 at 6:24 AM