Angry Boehner to Dems: Enough with the “war on women” crap already

posted at 7:31 pm on April 27, 2012 by Allahpundit

The exciting conclusion to the great student-loan interest-rate debate. Remember, Romney sided with Obama on extending the current lower rate a few days ago so the questions for House Republicans were (a) whether they’d go along and (b) if so, how they’d pay for it. The solution: Extend the rate and offset the $6 billion cost by cutting a similar amount from the new Prevention and Public Health Fund in ObamaCare instead. No way were the Democrats going to let the GOP get away that easily, though, so here was Pelosi this morning demagoging the issue in the shrillest, most electorally advantageous way possible:

“Their priority is to protect the subsidies for Big Oil,” said Pelosi at a Capitol Hill press conference on Thursday. “Our priority is to prevent breast cancer, cervical cancer, to immunize our children, so that they are healthy.”

Pelosi also charged that Republicans view Obamacare as a slush fund for the administration. “It may be a slush fund to him [House Speaker Boehner], but it’s survival to women,” she said. “It’s survival to women. And that just goes to show you what a luxury he thinks it is to have good health for women. We do not agree.”

Interesting point. If the Prevention Fund is this important to saving lives, obviously it’s pure insanity to touch it. Except that … Democrats themselves already tried to cut billions from the Fund:

Democrats voted solidly earlier this year to take money from the preventive health fund to help keep doctors’ Medicare reimbursements from dropping. Obama’s own budget in February proposed cutting $4 billion from the same fund to pay for some of his priorities.

Turns out women’s health isn’t any special priority of the Fund either. Skim the list of programs for yourself; WaPo’s Suzy Khimm notes that it’s aimed mainly at training doctors and reducing obesity and tobacco use. “War on Obesity” doesn’t do much to move votes, though, which is where Pelosi comes in. And that bring us to Boehner’s angry meme-busting rebuttal, which, according to ABC, inspired Maxine Waters, Donna Edwards, Marcy Kaptur, Yvette Clark and a few other women Democrats to actually walk out in fake-outrage. Perfect Friday night viewing.

The bill passed 215-195, incidentally, although fully 30 Republicans defected. (So did 13 Democrats or else the measure would have failed.) Obama’s threatening a veto but that’s pure posturing since Senate Democrats are bound to reject the House proposal in favor of one of their own before it reaches his desk. O simply wants to be on record as opposing this dangerous woman-hating cancer-spreading legislation in case any undecideds are following the coverage. Exit quotation from the White House: “Women, in particular, will benefit from this Prevention Fund, which would provide for hundreds of thousands of screenings for breast and cervical cancer.”

Comments

…and then he cried!

KOOLAID2 on April 27, 2012 at 7:34 PM

…it was the best he could do!

KOOLAID2 on April 27, 2012 at 7:34 PM

right, because women shouldn’t have to pay for anything apparently. Oh well, it’s not like spending is actually connected to American revenue anymore. Thanks, China!

joeindc44 on April 27, 2012 at 7:35 PM

…stop with the war on women!..I won’t do anything!

KOOLAID2 on April 27, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Women were dying in the streets before Obaacare. Thank GOD for the Democrats!

/sarc

Charlemagne on April 27, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Koolaid,
The bill passed?

rob verdi on April 27, 2012 at 7:38 PM

my mother and two sisters are concerned about breat cancer mostly, not birth control and abortions. but they have morals, so…..

GhoulAid on April 27, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Difference between liberal women and war, and conservative women, and war, liberal women walk away from war, and conservative women walk confidently toward it. While liberal women (and men) hide behind our skirts.

waterytart on April 27, 2012 at 7:38 PM

hey, now, haven’t seen one single tear there :-)…

jimver on April 27, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Democrats and leftists: Please STOP your war on common decency, common sense and basic integrity. And please STOP the real war on women, and on our nation’s youth, who shouldn’t have to pay your bills ad infinitum.

Please also consider moving to Europe if you can’t clearly see why you shouldn’t be supporting left-wingism; in that case also seek help from a professional practitioner. Failing that, perhaps the Greeks could use you.

Allendundit on April 27, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Good catch, AP.

Now, GOP. It’s up to you. Oh, wait——

davidk on April 27, 2012 at 7:40 PM

But wait a minute! I thought Planned Parenthood didn’t do mammograms!

Steve Z on April 27, 2012 at 7:47 PM

The Democrats want women to see government as their surrogate husband. Boehner should say that to Pelosi’s face. What is she gonna do, deny it?

Buddahpundit on April 27, 2012 at 7:48 PM

At least somebody in the GOP leadership got angry and finally told the Dems to shove the “war on women” up their asses. Maybe there is hope. We’ll see.

Mark1971 on April 27, 2012 at 7:48 PM

It would have passed if they came up with the money by cutting the salaries of all Federal workers to the needed amount.

Let Obama veto that.

profitsbeard on April 27, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I don’t know about the rest of the women on Hot Gas, but I’m tired of being portrayed as helpless and as a dead beat.

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 7:49 PM

waterytart on April 27, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Repost worthy…

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Old and busted: Women are capable and can take care of themselves!

The new hotness: Women are incapable and can’t care for themselves!

rogerb on April 27, 2012 at 7:50 PM

The war on women garbage is so absolutely shameless. I don’t understand how any conservative can see this spew forth from the White House on a daily basis and not want to do all they could to be rid of the administration.

changer1701 on April 27, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Old and busted: Women are capable and can take care of themselves!

The new hotness: Women are incapable and can’t care for themselves!

rogerb on April 27, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I wish they would make up their minds which it is.

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 7:53 PM

If Boehner wants to show me he has some back bone, that he has had enough of the Democrat games, he makes it clear there will be no continuing resolution. As a matter of fact put off everything till the Senate passes a budget. Quit playing their game.

The Democrats can shut down the government. Be clear be firm.

DVPTexFla on April 27, 2012 at 7:54 PM

But only exams once every 3 years right?

right, because women shouldn’t have to pay for anything apparently…

joeindc44 on April 27, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Even if I want to pay for exams more often I can’t under Obamacare.

txhsmom on April 27, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Last time I looked there are two genders in society. I am sick and tired of hearing about nothing but “women’s health” issues as if that is all that should matter in public policy. Are women really so infirm that their health should be the over-riding factor in any debate? If so they should be at home where they can be protected instead of out in the workforce!

Happy Nomad on April 27, 2012 at 7:55 PM

It would be nice if when Pelosi started rattling off that BS a reporter would actually point out the hypocrisy but I’ve long given up on that happening.

KateNE on April 27, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Someone tell Pelooni there are no oil subsidies.

Metro on April 27, 2012 at 7:56 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 27, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Am I understanding this correctly in that you’re trashing Boehner for essentially doing everything right and challenging the narratives of the left?

KingGold on April 27, 2012 at 7:56 PM

As a woman, I am very insulted that the Democratic party thinks women in general are stupid enough to fall for this crap. Not that I would have voted for Obama anyway. I hope it turns other women off as well.

talkingpoints on April 27, 2012 at 8:00 PM

I wish they would make up their minds which it is.

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Yeah, decisive women. That isn’t going to happen.

But, I would like to know when they became so frail that a debate about student loans turns into a discussion about mammograms. A Congressional hearing about funding healthcare turning into a demand that sluts like Sandra Fluke shouldn’t have to fpay for her lifestyle choice of humping anything that strays within range. Or even the very idea that women’s health is the dominant factor in any public discourse.

Happy Nomad on April 27, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Bohner clearly enjoys his Martini’s.

rickyricardo on April 27, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Mr. Boehner has been pretty feisty these last couple days. Seems like he took a haitus so it’s good to hear him roar again. Nancy really needs to get some new talking points.

scalleywag on April 27, 2012 at 8:03 PM

talkingpoints on April 27, 2012 at 8:00 PM

I hope so too, but if my Facebook feed is any indication far too many are falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

changer1701 on April 27, 2012 at 8:04 PM

And the Air Pelosi was held publicly accountable for telling lies, censured and voted out of office……*whoa! What just happened?!? I blacked out there for a minute*

KMC1 on April 27, 2012 at 8:05 PM

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 7:49 PM

You are portrayed not as a deadbeat but, instead, entitled to free everything because you are so frail and infirm that the over-riding priority of society (apparently) is giving you free stuff in the name of women’s health. Frankly, being portrayed as a deadbeat would be better.

Happy Nomad on April 27, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Bohner clearly enjoys his Martini’s.

rickyricardo on April 27, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I thought you loons prefer leaders who drink?

chewmeister on April 27, 2012 at 8:07 PM

kudos to anderson for going after a dem rep on this issue…

it’s purely political on the dems part…

cmsinaz on April 27, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I paid my loans with appreciation for the trust and assistance. I couldn’t have afforded school without it.

I guess I’m just a big friggin’ dope for paying it off.

This administration makes me sick.

Hening on April 27, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Gawd,do I like,er love the first opening line,
and after 3 years of Team Failure,amen Boehner!

canopfor on April 27, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Seriously?

Boehner, please lay off of the drinks while on the job.
Wait until the evening, at your home, to have a cocktail, eh?

Please, thanks.

bridgetown on April 27, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Women, in particular, will benefit from the Obama administration and the medical community SELLING SICKNESS for $$.
Screenings, have never been and, will never be THE cure.

bettycooper on April 27, 2012 at 8:18 PM

We go back to the infamous Boehner Tweety,as Boehner says what is
thee main problem…..Team Right is dealing with snakes!!

Here is another playbook,and one wonders why Boehner is P*ssed!!
—————————————————————–

Revealed! Democrats’ Playbook for Blocking Spending Cuts Needed to Boost the Economy
March 30, 2011
******************
******************

For those of you following along with the budget negotiations in Washington, here’s a handy look at the playbook Democrats are using to block spending cuts needed to end the uncertainty facing job creators:
*******************************************

STEP 1: Refuse to pass a bill that cuts spending and funds the government for the rest of this fiscal year. This step is right out of 2010 when Democrats didn’t even propose a budget (the reason we’re in this mess to begin with), leaving the government spending binge on auto-pilot. The House took a step toward fixing this nearly 40 days ago when it passed H.R. 1 – but again, to date, the Senate still hasn’t passed a bill of its own. If you think back to elementary school, both houses of Congress have to pass a bill in order for it to become a law.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
So every time you see Democratic leaders on TV talking about a government shutdown (step 2) or labeling spending cuts as “extreme” (step 3), remember, Senate Democrats haven’t even passed a bill.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

STEP 2: Root for a government shutdown. Call it the “Howard Dean Rule.” The former chairman of the DNC and “a de facto head of his party’s left wing“ told National Journal that Democrats should be “quietly rooting” for a government shutdown. Well, they’re listening. Washington Democrats have been ignoring Americans who want spending cuts and cheering for a shutdown for months. Aides to Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) called a shutdown “more likely than not.” And by failing to actually pass a bill to fund the government through September (step 1), Washington Democrats are the ones making their shutdown all the more likely.

STEP 3: Paint the spending cuts the American people want as “extreme.” Stanford economist John B. Taylor said the funding bill passed by the House has spending cuts that “will increase economic growth and employment,” and “encourage job-producing private sector investment.” But Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and Democrats have their marching orders: to label spending cuts needed to boost our

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
economy as “extreme.” “I always use the word extreme,” said Senator Schumer. No word on whether they think a spending-driven $14 trillion debt crisis is too “extreme.” And remember, since they still haven’t passed a long-term funding bill (step 1), it’s hard to know which spending cuts Democrats don’t think are “extreme.”
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

(More…)

canopfor on April 8, 2011 at 7:29 PM
+++++++++
+++++++++

Boehners Tweet
****************
****************

It’s become sadly evident to me that the White House and Senate Democrats are just not serious yet about enacting real spending cuts
8:25 AM Apr 5th via TweetDeck

johnboehner
John Boehner

canopfor on April 14, 2011 at 8:41 AM

canopfor on April 27, 2012 at 8:18 PM

I AM WOMAN…HEAR ME ROAR

to…

I am woman, take care of me. Those libs don’t know what they want.

Barred on April 27, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Yeah, decisive women. That isn’t going to happen.

Happy Nomad on April 27, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Excuse me? Kinda painting with a broad brush, aren’t you?

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Excuse me? Kinda painting with a broad brush, aren’t you?

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Can you blame him? Sandra Fluke speaks for all of us/

bettycooper on April 27, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Happy Nomad on April 27, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I must look at it differently. I see it as them portraying me as a deadbeat because I’m too cheap to pay $9 at Target for my contraceptives.

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Wait a tic,the Liberals put a sneaky Student Loans will double provision in(interest) and activated on July 1,and by sheer luck,less than one year before the election!!!!

And so,lemme guess,they reverse spin this,with all their Lefty Proxy Groups to Decept/Percept against Team Right!

***************** HELLO ***************************!!

canopfor on April 27, 2012 at 8:26 PM

There’s been a war on the American people from every direction for 3 years and Boehner is getting his panties in a wad NOW????

This is curious…

katy on April 27, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Can you blame him? Sandra Fluke speaks for all of us/

bettycooper on April 27, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Yes…where would we be without Ms Fluke to speak for us? /

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 8:27 PM

This is curious…

katy on April 27, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Curious…….and about dang time!

There must be an election coming up, or something.

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I just don’t get it. It never occurred to me in my whole life to ask the government to pay for my contraception, I figured that was a personal choice and up to me to pay for. It never occurred to me to ask the government to cover whatever my insurance company wouldn’t pay. So now that they’re offering to give people free this and that, what’s to stop a woman from saying hey, why can’t you cover my deductible on all these other expenses I have, why is it just free this and free that? I have heartburn, you want women to suffer with heartburn? I have high cholesterol, why shouldn’t the government pay for my cholesterol pills? Why shouldn’t it ALL be free?

scalleywag on April 27, 2012 at 8:30 PM

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Sandra and her ilk have established the high road. Anyone interested in contraceptives (or any subject peripherally related) wins political points. Money is not the issue.

bettycooper on April 27, 2012 at 8:31 PM

KingGold on April 27, 2012 at 7:56 PM
…(sorry, catching up on today’s threads) …KG…he knew what the outcome will be beforehand on this one and some of the others…and puts on this kind of show every time. When there is something where they could effect the outcome if they did get tough and pressure others (ie: raising the debt ceilings)…when it counts!…there is always an excuse, why they crashed and burned! We don’t need tough talk on solutions when it means nothing and is going nowhere. We need him to light the fire and keep fanning the flames.

KOOLAID2 on April 27, 2012 at 8:31 PM

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 8:28 PM

He likes his office. He likes his title. Wouldn’t want to jeopardize that in any way…

What a slime!

katy on April 27, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Hope Maxine doesn’t walk back in.

jazzuscounty on April 27, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Great! I hope Maxine got hit in the ass by the door on her way out. Now if they’ll just STAY OUT!

GarandFan on April 27, 2012 at 8:36 PM

bettycooper on April 27, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I thought her argument is that she needed $3000 for contraceptives while she was in school, and couldn’t afford it. And, that there were many other young women in the same boat.

I guess I just don’t “get” those people, for which I am glad.

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 8:37 PM

He should have said, “Nice ass!” as they walked out.

SouthernGent on April 27, 2012 at 8:38 PM

What a slime!

katy on April 27, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I can’t say that I disagree with one word that you wrote. We need new leaders in the House and the Senate.

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 8:38 PM

He should have said, “Nice ass!” as they walked out.

SouthernGent on April 27, 2012 at 8:38 PM

LOL!

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Seriously?

Boehner, please lay off of the drinks while on the job.
Wait until the evening, at your home, to have a cocktail, eh?

Please, thanks.

bridgetown on April 27, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I saw nothing in the video that would suggest Boehner was intoxicated. Maybe it is you who needs to go on the wagon.

chewmeister on April 27, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Excuse me? Kinda painting with a broad brush, aren’t you?

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Can you blame him? Sandra Fluke speaks for all of us/

bettycooper on April 27, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Asked and answered.

Of course women can be decisive and I have worked with many that are in the military. And I wouldn’t want a female pilot or Captain of a ship that wasn’t. Which leads me to ask why they are so passive when this kind of crap comes up as an issue. It’s great that Boehner is calling foul but where are all the female Congresswomen joining in that outrage?

At the same time we have this narrative from the left that women are powerless and frail when it comes to health issues. Sandra Fluke essentially said that women are without contraception options if the government doesn’t pay for them and this has become the mantra. Diverting an Obamacare slush fund primarily dealing with Medicare payments to pay for student loans has been turned into an attack on women’s health by the left.

At what point are all the smart women in Congress going to stand up and refute this idea that there is a war on women?

Happy Nomad on April 27, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Happy Nomad on April 27, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Good question.

chewmeister on April 27, 2012 at 8:42 PM

He should have said, “Nice ass!” as they walked out.

SouthernGent on April 27, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Actually, he should have pointed out that if this were really over women’s health issues, they should have stayed and debated the issue. But of course it wasn’t. Dems in the past sought to raid this same slush fund for different priorities. This is all about the very real fact that the House goes to elections in a very few months. Every Congressman is playing to the folks back home.

Happy Nomad on April 27, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Asked and answered.

You did note the sarcasm tag at the end of our posts, didn’t you? ;o)

Happy Nomad on April 27, 2012 at 8:41 PM

There have been women speaking out…Gov. Haley, Gov. Martinez, Rep. Bachmann, just to mention a few. However, they don’t seem to get the press that the shrill liberal women get.

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Happy Nomad on April 27, 2012 at 8:41 PM

The smart women in Congress are waiting for a grassroots politcal wave in which they can follow. I’m not startin’ one here. Kakypat?

bettycooper on April 27, 2012 at 8:51 PM

bettycooper on April 27, 2012 at 8:51 PM

They haven’t been waiting. Check my post above yours. They have been speaking out. However, since the war on women was considered to have backfired, not many people are still talking about it. It’s only dumb dems like Pelosi who are still ranting. They are desperately trying to keep the meme alive.

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 8:56 PM

For the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of John Boehner.

Unrepentant Teapartyist on April 27, 2012 at 8:56 PM

What a slime!

katy on April 27, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I call tops!

bettycooper on April 27, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Funny, I look at the list of programs and I don’t see anything indicating they’re targeted at women.

Syzygy on April 27, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Oops. Sorry I used the word “target.” ^

Syzygy on April 27, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Personally, I don’t believe John Boehner is all the competent as the Speaker of the House. However, he has done some things that make me cheer. The War on Women is such a fake argument, I’m glad he called them on it, and I’m also glad some Democrat women walked out. It really proves what a gimmic it is and the Democrat women, in the House, should all be voted out of office for their incompetence.

bflat879 on April 27, 2012 at 8:59 PM

For the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of John Boehner.

Unrepentant Teapartyist on April 27, 2012 at 8:56 PM

if boehners not crying he’s lying.

can’t you just hear him, hey barack its only 7 feet, thats a gimme in my book.

puhleeze. open your eyes. boehner stand with obama and the elitist. its not kabuki for nothing.

renalin on April 27, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Syzygy on April 27, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Bingo!! Why are we all here? //

bettycooper on April 27, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Syzygy on April 27, 2012 at 8:58 PM

It’s a good thing you didn’t use the word “crosshairs.”

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Did poor widdle Johnnie cwy?

So tired of this guy – he’s just a blowhard.

HondaV65 on April 27, 2012 at 9:00 PM

It’s a good thing you didn’t use the word “crosshairs.”

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 9:00 PM

As we type, Lorien and Bishop are making dental appt’s to remove those pesky hairs.

bettycooper on April 27, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Unbelievable – We depend on his lordship Boehner to deliver us from the evil of Obama. Finally, this dolt wakes up to the fact that most voters are very, very, pi–ed off!!! So sorry that the Pubbies can’t get out of their mindset that it’s their turn now!!!!! It’s not your G-DDAMn turn now!!! It’s us Tea Party people that are sick and tired of the same ol’ WASHINGTON TWO STEP.
If you’re excited by jerks like Lugar, Lamar, and Hatch – have at it!! But if you’re serious, look despartely for others. ____

Bob in VA on April 27, 2012 at 9:05 PM

That’s my guy! :P

I would have been happy if he was running for POTUS…Must have felt good to kick Pelosi out of that large office.

JetBoy on April 27, 2012 at 9:06 PM

bettycooper on April 27, 2012 at 9:03 PM

LOL! That was good!

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Must have felt good to kick Pelosi out of that large office.

JetBoy on April 27, 2012 at 9:06 PM

…on her rather large butt.

Just finishing the thought I had while reading your post.

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 9:09 PM

rob verdi on April 27, 2012 at 7:38 PM

…you need The Senate and JugEars…and that won’t happen.

KOOLAID2 on April 27, 2012 at 9:10 PM

For the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of John Boehner.

Unrepentant Teapartyist on April 27, 2012 at 8:56 PM

…why?…did he get tough with the postal service?

KOOLAID2 on April 27, 2012 at 9:14 PM

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Agreed. But this war on women crap is something the female Republicans in Congress should take the lead on- not John Boehner.

Happy Nomad on April 27, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Happy Nomad on April 27, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Perhaps so, but did you ever consider that he might have done this now because of his position as the Speaker?

kakypat on April 27, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Pelosium Weighs in!!
———————

Leader Pelosi on GOP Student Loan Bill
***************************************

Published on Apr 27, 2012 by NancyPelosi

Leader Pelosi urging House Republicans to act to prevent student loan interest rates from doubling by ending subsidies to Big Oil rather than furthering their assault on women’s health.

canopfor on April 27, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Very nice,in the Linky above,Pelosium says,Ryan Tea Party Doubling of Interest rates,in which Boehner stated,that the LIBERALS put that in place a few years back,and now she REVERSE SPINS IT!!

Are ya getting it yet!!

Oh,I found Pelosiums Transcript!
=================================

Pelosi Floor Speech on Republican Proposal to Target Women’s Health in Order to Protect Big Oil
April 26, 2012
****************

And so, we have a challenge before us, because the clock is ticking on a July deadline.

At that time, left to the budget of the Republicans, the Ryan Republican Tea Party Budget, there would have been a doubling of interest rates from 3.4 percent to 6.8 percent.
***********************************************

We’ve been having this debate for a while, on how we could stop that doubling from happening. Republicans told us they were tired of hearing about the interest rate debate. Until now.(More…)
===============================================================

canopfor on April 27, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Happy Nomad on April 27, 2012 at 8:46 PM

That was sort of my point, really. If the democrats are going to flee to Illinois again (metaphorically) he should’ve treated them as the fools they are.

SouthernGent on April 27, 2012 at 9:50 PM

That’s my guy! :P

JetBoy on April 27, 2012 at 9:06 PM

JetBoy:

Hes under-rated,I’m not worried about the tearing up thingy!:)

canopfor on April 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM

How about just one little short ‘war on women’; like a drone strike on Nancy Pelosi?

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on April 27, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Makes sense.

The kids can’t catch nothin’ after they’re aborted.

Hawkins1701 on April 27, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I find it interesting that Pelosi gets equal coverage to Boehner in the news even though she is minority leader. When Boehner was in the minority you barely saw him in the news, it was almost all Pelosi

jazzmo on April 27, 2012 at 10:59 PM

No surprise that pelosi, a ward of the state like forever, would spout nonsense like this.

AltTuning on April 28, 2012 at 12:11 AM

boehner, obama, and romney all suck!

Palin/West 2012

Pragmatic on April 28, 2012 at 6:54 AM

if not Palin/West, then Gary Johnson it will be for me!

Pragmatic on April 28, 2012 at 6:55 AM

John, The House controls spending and is very majority friendly, you have real power, use it instead of begging Obama and the Democrats to do the correct things.

But no, we know that you will continue to “Go along & Get along” with the Democrats and cave to them at every opportunity.

RJL on April 28, 2012 at 5:24 PM