Video: The sadly obligatory “Biden talks about the size of Obama’s stick” clip

posted at 8:03 pm on April 26, 2012 by Allahpundit

To cleanse the palate, via the Examiner, a reminder that size matters in foreign policy too. I saw the headline on this hours ago and glowed with pride on the thought that it’s now fair game in modern campaigns for the vice president of the United States to deploy puns about the size of the president’s schwanz. Then I watched the clip. Guys, I … don’t know if he planned the joke. I think he did — the audience obviously gets it — but when he gets to the big payoff he almost seems to pull up short, as if the double meaning is only dawning on him at that moment. Am I wrong about that? If it were anyone else in the administration I’d say there’s no doubt, but look who it is we’re talking about here. I’d prefer to believe that his childlike naivete led him to an inadvertent punchline than that he and his speechwriters are deliberately adding jokes about Obama’s junk to his foreign policy addresses to liven them up.

Incidentally, when it comes to government, superior size does not necessarily mean superior performance:

Independents’ view of the federal government is actually less favorable now at 27 percent than it was in the final year of Bush’s second term, when it was 33 percent. Interestingly, though, it rose to 39 percent in February 2010, when Congress was on the brink of passing ObamaCare. Does that mean indies have soured on Hopenchange or have they just soured on congressional gridlock?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

angryed must be totally stoked or stroked.

HumpBot Salvation on April 26, 2012 at 9:44 PM

stickgate :-)..

jimver on April 26, 2012 at 9:46 PM

angryed must be totally stoked or stroked.

HumpBot Salvation on April 26, 2012 at 9:44 PM

now that he knows 0′s shtick size, am sure he’s ecstatic :-)…

jimver on April 26, 2012 at 9:47 PM

The only stick he has is “lip-stick” Make empty threats and negotiates.

aknews on April 26, 2012 at 9:50 PM

So Joe Biden is the tip of the spear in this story, no?

Curtiss on April 26, 2012 at 8:24 PM

So to speak.

Solaratov on April 26, 2012 at 9:58 PM

It’s bad form to quote myself, but I used my best comment on the green-room article about this; so I’ll break with protocol and hope for the best:

More of those racial “code words” again, huh?

I guess it’s better than ‘clean’ and ‘articulate’.

RegularJoe on April 26, 2012 at 10:10 PM

How I make it twelve inches long. I fold it in half.

gerrym51 on April 26, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Don’t tell me. Your wife once got into a single car accident backing out of a straight driveway with no other houses, bikes, mailboxes, wheelie bins, toys, cars, flower beds, gardening equipment, etc., in sight!

I’m sorry! I’m sorry! Resist, I could not much!

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Well, the Boulder pic with the “It’s twue, it’s twue!!!” expression probably didn’t help with the timing.

cthulhu on April 26, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I don’t think Biden ever thought that anyone would take it to mean he was referring to Obama’s schlong.

ButterflyDragon on April 26, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Everything ABOUT this statement – the innuendo, the coverage, the blogging about it, the person saying it —-

Is Crap, just Crap!

williamg on April 26, 2012 at 11:27 PM

josie biden, size queen.

mittens on April 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM

…can’t comment!…I’m laughing at all your comments…they are hilarious…this should have been the last thread of the day!
My sides hurt!

KOOLAID2 on April 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Joe would know…

ghostwalker1 on April 26, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I’m pretty sure Hillary’s stick is way bigger than Obama’s.

HotAirian on April 26, 2012 at 11:55 PM

“Excuse me while I whip this out.”

FontanaConservative on April 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Biden has the IQ of……Obama.Two idiots pretending they have big dicks sticks.

pat on April 27, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Distraction. Obama still hasn’t apologized for and denounced dog eating.

Swerve22 on April 27, 2012 at 3:09 AM

He actually said, “End quote”. A man who has delivered speeches his entire adult life, and he just blindly reads every single word on the page, including stage directions? I’m surprised at the end he didn’t say, “Wave to crowd, exit stage left”.

wolfva on April 27, 2012 at 4:26 AM

Racist. Stereotyping black men like that.

malclave on April 26, 2012 at 8:13 PM

It’s bad to stereotype, except when it’s good to stereotype. Or something?

eforhan on April 27, 2012 at 6:42 AM

Missus Obama might not think much of his stick if her taking separate plane rides home is any indicator.

Ukiah on April 27, 2012 at 7:15 AM

I’m pretty sure Hillary’s stick is way bigger than Obama’s.

HotAirian on April 26, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Bwuuuhaahaaaa!!!!!!!

insidiator on April 27, 2012 at 8:13 AM

ButterflyDragon on April 26, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Then what country has he lived in the past 30+ years?

Nathan_OH on April 27, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I’ll wait for Anthony Weiner to weigh in on this…..

Jim M. on April 27, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Biden’s clearly talking about Hillary! in this clip. What other “stick” does Obama have? Kevin Jennings perhaps?

bobcalco on April 27, 2012 at 10:43 AM

All talk. Nothing’s changed.

EdmundBurke247 on April 27, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Drudge had this story, err, up yesterday. But the picture Drudge had of Biden was hilarious.

Biden’s hands were placed about a foot apart with his forefingers extended, as if he were demonstrating the size of that big stick.

The headline, “The president has a big stick”, was presented under the photo, an obvious caption contest winner.

EconomicNeocon on April 27, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Who’s stick is bigger?? Weiner?? Clinton?? Obama?? Maybe Downer Debbie can comment since she has a pic out showing her discussing this with the Kenyan as they bounce off of Air Force One!!

Marco on April 27, 2012 at 11:57 AM

SloJoe Biden, the gaffmaster that keeps on giving.
Can’t wait for the VP canidate debates.
However, if Romney chooses the right individual, I doubt any VP debates will be held. That person will be forced to have a battle of wits with an unarmed ex-Senator from an insignificant state.
Too bad Pete DuPont didn’t challenge SloJoe when he was mearly a nincompoop.
Slo Joe Biden … easily the most stupid Senator for the last 4 decades.
You know incompetence can be delt with but marry it with arrogance and it becomes insufferable.
Keep it up Joe.

Missilengr on April 27, 2012 at 3:06 PM

Des “obligatory” really apply to anything Biden ever says?

tom on April 27, 2012 at 4:12 PM