Quotes of the day

posted at 10:43 pm on April 26, 2012 by Allahpundit

“House Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) poured cold water Thursday on efforts by Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) to advance immigration reform by suggesting that such a plan would not be able to pass the GOP-led House this year.

“Asked by a reporter whether he thought the House could pass an immigration measure this year that focused on more than just border security, Boehner said: ‘There’s always hope,’

“The speaker said he has spoken to Rubio about his plan. ‘I found it of interest, but the problem with this issue is that we’re operating in a very hostile political environment. To deal with a very difficult issue like this, I think it would be difficult at best.’”

***

“Gaby Pacheco, a vocal immigrant activist, accepted a tantalizing invitation last week from an unlikely source: Republican Sen. Marco Rubio wanted her to help craft a bill that could legalize the children of some illegal immigrants.

“Two hours later, Pacheco and other activists got a different pitch from their more familiar White House allies. Be wary of Rubio and his plan, two of President Obama’s top advisers told them in a meeting. It wouldn’t go far enough and wasn’t likely to succeed…

“The plan puts Obama in a box. Democrats are reluctant to see Rubio’s efforts as anything other than a political gambit to repair his party’s tarnished image with Hispanics and boost his own profile as a potential vice-presidential pick or future White House contender.

“But if Obama does not at least try to work with Rubio, he could risk losing a centerpiece of his appeal to Hispanic voters — that he is their fiercest ally in Washington and that the GOP is to blame for lack of action on fixing the country’s immigration ills.”

***

“Despite the hype that the GOP moved to the hard right in the primary, immigration was the main issue where Romney himself did so, sounding a hard conservative line to position himself to the right of Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich. If there was one issue where he would “flip-flop” back to the center, it’s likely to be immigration.

“Now Rubio is offering both Romney and the GOP a second chance to court Hispanic voters, and putting the White House in a tough spot. The freshman senator may not become Romney’s running mate, but he could be giving him a bigger political gift with his immigration advocacy.”

***

“Florida Sen. Marco Rubio has thrust himself into the raging illegal immigration debate, proposing a plan that would create a path to legal status for children of illegal immigrants — putting him at odds with an immoveable wing of the Republican Party on this issue.

“It’s a risky move for a potential vice presidential candidate, and it puts presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney in a pickle as he may have to decide whether to back an immigration plan rolled out by one of the party’s rising Hispanic stars, or stick to the strident anti-illegal immigrant positions he staked out during the Republican primary…

“Asked if Romney needed to lighten up his rhetoric, Rubio said the GOP has to better communicate it’s the pro-immigration party.

“‘Not just Gov. Romney — but in general, over the last five years that [the] Republican Party has come to be viewed as the anti-illegal immigration party.’”

***

“In an interview at his Tucson campaign office earlier this month, [Democrat Richard] Carmona, who is running in the race to succeed retiring Sen. Jon Kyl (R), had some blunt criticism for Republicans on the topic of illegal immigration.

“‘Why do you think they’re reworking their initial vitriolic, far-right, ‘deport everybody’ (message)?’ he asked. ‘Why? Do you think that all of a sudden there’s an epiphany and their hearts have opened up to people who are struggling? I don’t think so. I think it’s a political calculation – that they recognized they cannot win their races and stay in office unless they embrace the Hispanic community. So, I really feel it’s very disingenuous.’…

“‘Look, look,’ Carmona said. ‘Do you think it just popped up at this time – six, seven months before the election – and everybody goes, ‘Oh gee, let’s embrace these people now’? … So, it’s crazy. The fact of the matter is these are political calculations and the public is fed up with it.’”

***

“So to sum up-

“We’re going to grant the [premise] the Democrats have been running on that this is something we have to act on (separate from border security/enforcement)

“We’re going to do this to try and win votes of voters who will simply say, ‘Um, why should I support your half-assed measure when the other guys are offering me the whole thing?’

“We’d also offer the Democrats a new and exciting line of attack… ‘Republicans think you’re good enough to work for them and fight and die for this country but not to vote’. Some enterprising liberal will no doubt find a way to equate that with slavery. Fun times!

“And while we’re getting no credit or votes from this, we’ll also be doing the Democrats job for them by driving a wedge between members of our party.”

***

“Rubio said the White House has also been ‘actively trying to torpedo my efforts’ by calling in immigration advocates and urging them not to back Rubio’s bill.

“‘I think Speaker Boehner was acknowledging how difficult it is going to be given the highly politicized climate the president is contributing to, and I agree it’s going to be hard to pass,’ Rubio said. ‘But I am hopeful that we are going to come up with an idea [that] makes sense, that calls to Americans’ spirit of humanitarianism, that recognizes that these kids do not have legal right to be here, but that appeals to our conscience.’…

“Sen. Charles Schumer (N.Y.), who heads the Senate Democrats’ policy and communication shop, said Boehner’s comments ‘show how far Sen. Rubio has to go in trying to gain Republican support for any proposal to help immigrant students.’”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

there’s a reason the left is scared to death of Rubio. The Candy C interview was hacked to death with edits…sloppy edits. I thought Candy was comin over the table at him a couple of times. You could see her thinking ‘i can take this punk’

1. his dream act sounds decent…a lot better that barry/left/mccain.

and those against it should read about what it is

remember…we want good people coming to the US.

2. I watched part of his Brookings speech. Tough stuff. Paulian heads would explode if they heard it.

We are a great country. We have been a great world leader. If not us, who?

barry is all wee-wee-uped about Rubio.

r keller on April 27, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Obladi Oblada

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Does this sound more like Rubio, Obama or Ron Paul?

1. The United States should not commit its forces to military action overseas unless the cause is vital to our national interest.
2. If the decision is made to commit our forces to combat abroad, it must be done with the clear intent and support needed to win. It should not be a halfway or tentative commitment, and there must be clearly defined and realistic objectives.
3. Before we commit our troops to combat, there must be reasonable assurance that the cause we are fighting for and the actions we take will have the support of the American people and Congress.
4. Even after all these other tests are met, our troops should be committed to combat abroad only as a last resort, when no other choice is available.” – Ronald Reagan

VorDaj on April 27, 2012 at 1:36 AM

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Thought you missed it. Lol.

I thought the Catholic/Protestant sketches in Meaning of Life were very funny, too. Especially the protestant view.

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 1:37 AM

I Wanna Hold Your Hand

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 1:35 AM

I LIKED it. Too much time in CA I guess. If you can’t beat em join em.

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Rubio and Obama are anti-Reagans on foriegn policy. Rubio even more so than Obama.

VorDaj on April 27, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Rubio as President would be another LBJ.

VorDaj on April 27, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I contribute to what will certainly be anarchy in QOTD!
RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Jimi’s good, but here’s the original – or at least the tune it was lifted from. Not by Jimi, of course, but by the songwriter’s ex.

whatcat on April 27, 2012 at 1:39 AM

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 1:36 AM

On a Beatles kick, I see.
I’ll just do this one, as it’s one of my favorites.

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Rubio said the GOP has to better communicate it’s the pro-immigration party.

Pro LEGAL immigration party…

Gohawgs on April 27, 2012 at 1:40 AM

C’mon folks..Maybe Rubio just wants to investigate!!..:)

PS..This is a classic!!!..:)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2012 at 1:41 AM

I LIKED it. Too much time in CA I guess. If you can’t beat em join em.

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 1:38 AM

I like it, too. They’re on my playlist. I’m just finding some links so I’ll put up a few more.

Don’t know about living in California, though. Beautiful, but I don’t know if I could stand the government. I know several great people who live there, so I guess you never can tell. Maybe I would like it.

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 1:41 AM

What I think of when somebody says bunny suit..

I know I’mmmmm supposed to think of Heff.. but plastic ears never did much for me..

Of course there’s always..

these guys..

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 1:41 AM

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 1:35 AM

LOL. Nice one, arnold.

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Day Tripper

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 1:44 AM

whatcat on April 27, 2012 at 1:39 AM

That’s pretty cool. Thx.

You know the story about Dylan’s All Along the Watchtower, don’t you?

Dylan was asked what he thought about Hendrix’s version (which Hendrix had produced almost coinciding with the Dylan album). He said that after hearing Jimi’s version, he never really liked to play the song, anymore. He always felt it “belonged” to Hendrix.

(I thought it was interesting when I heard it.)

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 1:46 AM

As the victor at Waterloo put it: “‘Twas a close-run thing.” I believe it will be. But as at Waterloo, the tyrant will be defeated.

de rigueur on April 27, 2012 at 1:32 AM

You know what I like about HA? Not just the fellowship but I actually learn things. A couple of months ago, “Pyrrhic victory” was mentioned. I knew what it was basically, but looked it up for further details. I liked the line from King Pyrrhus (paraphrased) “Any more victories like that and we are done for”. I can relate.

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 1:46 AM

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Good one. White Album. (I had to look at the description).

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 1:46 AM

There is something about Marco Rubio that I don’t like or don’t trust. I just can’t put my finger on it.

JPeterman on April 26, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Exactly my feeling.

American Dream 246 on April 27, 2012 at 1:46 AM

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 1:36 AM

On a Beatles kick, I see.
I’ll just do this one, as it’s one of my favorites.

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 1:40 AM

O/T again and the off to bed. Since you’re on the Beatles, a friend of mine did this. See if you can guess which Beatle he plays…

de rigueur on April 27, 2012 at 1:48 AM

In My Life

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 1:48 AM

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Many nice people but it’s fading fast. I don’t want to leave but after nothing changed with the 2010 election i realized this is

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 1:50 AM

it’s one of my favorites.

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Yeah, I’ve always thought McCartney was the most talented of the Beatles.

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Holy cow..a QOTD that was o/t.

Haha..where art thou Bluefish? Happy? Your missing..wonder why..Can’t defend Mitt?

Maybe because the Quotes were actually worth a discussion. Passionate views about this topic.

As for floatingrock..he’s been here a while..I don’t have a problem with him..we have always got along. He is just passionate about his views. As we all are. He knows I disagree. But we politely agree to disagree. Since he went into Paul kingdom..he has changed a bit.

This is a blog with people expressing many opinions. I don’t let it upset me or take it personally. JMO. I ignore it if I don’t care to engage.

Damn..I had a good song for my man uncommon too.

Per usual, lots of good posts/points from Cindy.

Mark..your reply to me earlier..I agree. I am an American. Plain and simple. A proud one.

The GOP..really disgusted.

bazil9 on April 27, 2012 at 1:51 AM

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 1:50 AM

The whole situation out there is kind of sad. California has so much going for it. It just has too much government. And bad government.

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 1:53 AM

VorDaj, you’re right that the left/right dichotomy in regards to foreign policy has all but disappeared with the Obama administration. Obama has been much better in regards to war policy than I could have imagined. You probably disagree.

Client Number Nine on April 27, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Close to You

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 1:55 AM

“Clint, Clint Geronimo Goldberg.”

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 1:35 AM

DAMN YOUR EYES ARNOLD……………….

You made me crack me back in 47 places laughing at that one… ..

(whimper,…sniff.. ouchie……)

bastich…

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 1:55 AM

arnold, seeing AP keep mentioning events as Kafkaesque caused me to pick up The Trial by Kafka. No regrets.r

Client Number Nine on April 27, 2012 at 1:57 AM

de rigueur on April 27, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Funny. And pretty good, too.
(Sorry to ruin it for ya, but it says in the description that’s he’s all of them. :) )

Yeah, I’ve always thought McCartney was the most talented of the Beatles.

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Me too. Definitely the best writer. Then George, Ringo, …, John.

Here’s George!

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 1:57 AM

de rigueur on April 27, 2012 at 1:48 AM

They’ve captured the early Beatles mannerisms really well. Did they have to practice that very much (the posture, facial expressions, movements, etc) or was it sort of obviously easy?

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 1:59 AM

aw crap… busted….

My wife just got back from work,.. and I must bid ye all a fine evening.. This is our time.. only time we can talk about our day, without somebody else being around..

she’s more than my wife, and….

she’s my best friend too..

night all.

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 1:59 AM

That’s pretty cool. Thx.
You know the story about Dylan’s All Along the Watchtower, don’t you?
(I thought it was interesting when I heard it.)
RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Yup, I’m a music fiend – and one of the era, so I knew Zimmy preferred Jimi’s version to his own. So did most everyone else, lol. Dylan’s songs are almost always best when covered by others, except the real personal ones, e.g. Positively 4th St.

But “Hey Joe” has an interesting history: music and basic lyrical structure written by Niela Miller (who I linked to) in the mid-1950s, “borrowed” and redone by her bf Billy Roberts who copyrighted it, then the writer of “Get Together”, Dino Valente, tried to claim ownership for awhile – he prob thought it was a public domain folk song. Niela Miller, still is not a happy camper about it all.

whatcat on April 27, 2012 at 2:00 AM

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 1:46 AM

And you like reading history, as I recall? I learn a lot here, too. Like that joke earlier, to cite the very latest. Thanks!

de rigueur on April 27, 2012 at 2:00 AM

JPeterman on April 26, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Once you put your finger on it, make sure you wash it.

I had the choice of Crist or Rubio..so voted Rubio..but I already knew some things. I hoped for the best but the mask fell. He had a lot of teaparty support here..helped him win. But he kept them at a distance.

bazil9 on April 27, 2012 at 2:00 AM

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 1:59 AM

See ya, mark.
Try to sleep well.

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:00 AM

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Well said. I have learned a lot from many commenters here.

bazil9 on April 27, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Then George, Ringo, …, John.

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Exactly the order I have them in.

I’ve never heard this Harrison song before. It’s playing now. Pretty good.

I have a dvd of a tribute Clapton et al did for him after he died. May be the best music dvd I’ve ever seen/heard.

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 2:03 AM

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Good man. Enjoy your time with her.
The most important thing.

Have a good one Mark.

bazil9 on April 27, 2012 at 2:04 AM

In My Life

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 1:48 AM

One of my favorites. Just an outstanding song no matter who does it—except me at karaoke.

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 2:05 AM

The best music video ever made.

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 2:06 AM

bazil9 on April 27, 2012 at 1:51 AM

I don’t hate the guy, or anything. But, I’ve written probably 1000 words in my back-and-forth with him.

At first it was all about Ron Paul being the best candidate (this is recent, BTW, after everyone knew Mitt had a lock) and noone should vote for Romney. Tried to reason with him, but he wouldn’t budge a lick. C’est la vie. So–we both have our views and neither is budging, right? Still get pelted with more-or-less the same words.

Then, recently, his fits with QOTD, mixed with more Ron Paul. Can you say “control freak”?

Done arguing with that guy. I gotta live in the real world.

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:06 AM

whatcat on April 27, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Interesting. (I’m a little bit younger than you, so thanks for the music history lesson………Grandpa!)

Just kidding. Lol. Thanks.

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Client Number Nine on April 27, 2012 at 1:57 AM

lol. What? You think arnold needs to be cheered up?

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 2:10 AM

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 2:03 AM

That is a great DVD.
(REDUNDANT but this is the studio version of the same Harrison song that he and Clapton did together on a Clapton album. Only reason I post it, is ’cause I like it better.)

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:11 AM

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 1:53 AM

True. I loved growing up there. A beautiful state, awesome weather.

So much to do and see. One day you can go skiing, the next hit the beach and surf some awesome waves. Such a unique and awesome place. I miss the beauty and climate.

And of course..the best Carne Asada burritos and food evah.

But, the state has gone to hell. It makes me sad..was my home as a kid and my dad’s family were CA natives back from the 40′s.
And the valley..sad. We had such awesome produce and a booming economy at one time.

I don’t know how people can make it there anymore.

bazil9 on April 27, 2012 at 2:11 AM

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 2:06 AM

EVIL!!!
(Last time I click on one of your links!)

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:13 AM

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 2:05 AM

That’s a good one.

I had not listened to much Johnny Cash, but my girlfriend really likes his stuff so I got acquainted with it. Really good. His duets with June Carter were very good, too.

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 2:14 AM

I saw Dylan in 2008, and as a huge fan, I was nonplussed. In his prime, he wasn’t the best singer, but now he’s borderline unbearable. John Fogerty, on the other hand, sounded exactly the same in 2010 as he does on any CCR hit. Speaking of Hendrix covers and the Beatles, his rendition of Sgt. Pepper at the Isle of Wight music festival is amazing. Someone should link the youtube of it.

Client Number Nine on April 27, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Yeah, I’ve always thought McCartney was the most talented of the Beatles.

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Uhhhhhhh, NO

Gohawgs on April 27, 2012 at 2:16 AM

bazil9 on April 27, 2012 at 2:00 AM

I guess in politics just like life we take the most palatable choice. Rubio is far better than Crist but I don’t know why he would be freelancing, causing issues the repubs just don’t need right now.

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Done arguing with that guy. I gotta live in the real world.

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Be done..you tried.

I just have known him since I came here 3 years ago. He has changed. Is really a decent guy. I can’t stand Paul and I really don’t engage discussions over him. They are like a cult unto their own. Bizarre following.
FR jumped on that train. His choice. I engage him on other topics from time to time. If I see him.
So, good call on your part. Don’t waste your time.

bazil9 on April 27, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Uhhhhhhh, NO…

Gohawgs on April 27, 2012 at 2:16 AM

How do you really feel. “Imagine” your favorite? Me too.

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Obama has been much better in regards to war policy than I could have imagined…

Client Number Nine on April 27, 2012 at 1:54 AM

He’s still cranky about not getting all the coke he wanted when on his worldwind (LA, Hawaii, India, Pakistan, LA) mule trip in the 80′s…

Gohawgs on April 27, 2012 at 2:19 AM

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 2:16 AM

I agree Arnold.

We had the choices we did here. I couldn’t vote Crist.
*sigh*

Just like my choice will be Mitt or BO. You choose the lesser of two evils.
Which I am long tired off.

bazil9 on April 27, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Arnold, nah, I’m stuck on this tablet, unable to quote replies. You mentioned learning by reading Hot Air, so discovering Kafka was my addition to that.

Anyway, any Hot Air NFL draftniks out there? My Cowboys killed it with the trade up for Claiborne.

Client Number Nine on April 27, 2012 at 2:19 AM

amazing. Someone should link the youtube of it.

Client Number Nine on April 27, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Here ya go. But the quality ain’t so great. And don’t know if it’s Isle of Wight.

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:21 AM

How do you really feel. “Imagine” your favorite? Me too.

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Beatle, John…Fav. song, “In my Life”…2nd fav. song, pretty much their 1st 6 albums…

Gohawgs on April 27, 2012 at 2:21 AM

The best music video ever made.

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Two day suspension for that one.

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Client Number Nine on April 27, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Yeah, but half the fun is trying to guess which song he’s singing. Just like Hugh Laurie’s “Protest Song”.

whatcat on April 27, 2012 at 2:21 AM

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Lets step out of the Beatles realm for just a second..:)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Gohawgs on April 27, 2012 at 2:21 AM

You do know I was kidding? Imagine is just a terrible song.

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 2:23 AM

So, good call on your part. Don’t waste your time.

bazil9 on April 27, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Cool that you can engage him. We all tried to get him to do some of the chit-chat he so despises. Nope. They wanted him to post a song. Nope.

Like I said, I don’t dislike him, or anything. Just heard everything he’s got to say, and disagree with most of it.

Thanks.

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:24 AM

is ’cause I like it better.)

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Yeah, me too, now that I hear it. Those guys were good together.

Clapton played on “As my guitar gently weeps”, then Harrison co-wrote “Badge” with Clapton the next year.

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 2:24 AM

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 1:46 AM

You learned something from chit chat? Say it isn’t so…

Gohawgs on April 27, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Uhhhhhhh, NO…

Gohawgs on April 27, 2012 at 2:16 AM

OK. Your opinion is somewhat different?

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 2:27 AM

The best music video ever made.

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 2:06 AM

I taught him those sweet dance moves…

Gohawgs on April 27, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Gohawgs on April 27, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Blech! (Lol. Kidding, but not really.)
That song is pretty good, but John couldn’t sing anywhere as good as Paul, and the WRITING?!? Please!

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:27 AM

EVIL!!!
(Last time I click on one of your links!)

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Two day suspension for that one.

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 2:21 AM

I only do it to my friends.

He said “do it”.

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Lets step out of the Beatles realm for just a second..:)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2012 at 2:22 AM

With the passage of so many years, one forgets they were all good and “clicked” together. Third grade baby, Beatle this, that. Collector cards and gum. Then pointy toe “Beatle boots”.
Later on, in the nineties as I matured, Boy George looked very fetching.

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Lets step out of the Beatles realm for just a second..:)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Lol. Should we start screaming like teenage girls?
I’ll take this over your rotten goofy bastard John song, anyday!

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:30 AM

I taught him those sweet dance moves…

Gohawgs on April 27, 2012 at 2:27 AM

That’s right! Sweet!

I was looking for the right word and you came up with it.

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Yeah, me too, now that I hear it. Those guys were good together.

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Yep. And, dare we forget the whole “Layla” saga?

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Got a couple years on you, but I had some of those cards, along with JFK-PT109 cards. But the music world changed for us kids that Feb Sunday night in 1964 – it was a “really big shoe”.

Later on, in the nineties as I matured, Boy George looked very fetching.
arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Heh.

whatcat on April 27, 2012 at 2:33 AM

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:24 AM

I gotcha Red.

I just have known him from way back. Hes not my best buddy or anything. Didn’t see what you were talking about.
Not sure why he is so grumpy. He use to be pretty cool.
It must be the Paulbot disease. It takes over the mind. :)

The Paulnuts say the same things over and over. I disagree with it as well. I tune it out.

Your a good new edition here. Welcome aboard mate.

bazil9 on April 27, 2012 at 2:34 AM

I miss the beauty and climate.

bazil9 on April 27, 2012 at 2:11 AM

You moved away? Was that to take advantage of a better opportunity, or to escape a bad situation? It really is sad if you felt like you just had to get out.

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 2:34 AM

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Nope and nope

Gohawgs on April 27, 2012 at 2:34 AM

whatcat on April 27, 2012 at 2:21 AM

I keep meaning to order “A Bit of Fry and Laurie” from Amazon.
This is a really good bit. The baby at the end is Laurie’s son. Very funny, and cute baby, too.

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:36 AM

I agree..John was..The others were a close second..:)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Gohawgs on April 27, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Um…you could do this:
Zzzzzzzt!

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:36 AM

And, dare we forget the whole “Layla” saga?

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:31 AM

I think I admire them both for that.

C: “I’m in love with your wife.”

H: “Great. Take her.”

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 2:36 AM

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:24 AM

These fairies griping about chit chat made arnold think a little today. The HA bosses in just the past two weeks have ran stories on
Bacon ice cream
Goofy hot girls
Romney’s dog/Obama dog love
I’m a not beautiful brit
Biden’s stick fetish

All funny stuff on which I commented. So where were the whiners saying “stop it, stay political”? Sometimes I say eff politics. Where is the womenz, music and whiskey?

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 2:37 AM

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Too many sappy wannabe love songs from Paul. John added an edge in their collaborations…

Gohawgs on April 27, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Your a good new edition here. Welcome aboard mate.

bazil9 on April 27, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Thank you. You too.
(I signed-up in around ’06, but only been commenting more in the last year or so.)(Lol)

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:37 AM

I’ll take this over your rotten goofy bastard John song, anyday!
RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Now, John’s good here – and Paul’s bass kicks it, but it’s Ringo’s drumming that is amazing.

whatcat on April 27, 2012 at 2:39 AM

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:30 AM

LoLz..Do you want me to play imagine??!!??..:):)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2012 at 2:40 AM

I think I admire them both for that.

C: “I’m in love with your wife.”

H: “Great. Take her.”

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 2:36 AM

I keep trying to offload mine but she won’t go and there are no takers. We’re moving to Mexico and try a different angle.

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Um…you could do this:
Zzzzzzzt!

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:36 AM

I’ve always wanted to visit Michigan…

Gohawgs on April 27, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Time After Time

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 2:41 AM

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Lol. You make me laugh, arnold!
(That’s why I’ll kill you last!)

(THE ABOVE IS A JOKE–I THINK FROM TERMINATOR? I AM NOT THREATENING VIOLENCE AGAINST ARNOLD IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM!)

(Remember the days when I wouldn’t have had to do that?)

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:41 AM

John added an edge in their collaborations…

Gohawgs on April 27, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Thumbs up!!..You are correct and I agree fully..:)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2012 at 2:42 AM

We’re moving to Mexico and try a different angle.

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Uh oh. Dangerous down there. Can’t you just send her?

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 2:43 AM

whatcat on April 27, 2012 at 2:39 AM

I believe George described that vid as the 1st real music video. Ringo said Rain was his favorite Beatle song…

Gohawgs on April 27, 2012 at 2:43 AM

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 2:34 AM

My mom was a military brat. The last station was Cali..she met my dad in College..they married divorced.
My mom’s family was in FL. She transferred with her Fed job back here.

Our quality of life was better, near family and got away from the big city. Lower cost of living here, taxes ect..
I was just in my early teens.
I always went back in the summers to see my father and his family.
So, thats the short of it. I didnt have a choice but my mom made the right move.
The cost of living there was outrageous. It was good too because I was raised in a small town here..away from things I was being exposed to at an early age. Gangs,violence at school, drugs, ect..(In junior high) So, many factors.

bazil9 on April 27, 2012 at 2:44 AM

gotta go

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 2:45 AM

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 2:40 AM

That would make you a commune-nizer…

Gohawgs on April 27, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Gohawgs on April 27, 2012 at 2:16 AM

I agree..John was..The others were a close second..:)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2012 at 2:45 AM

whatcat on April 27, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Love that tune! Great!

LoLz..Do you want me to play imagine??!!??..:):)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Lol. I kinda like it, even the trite, naive lyrics. (Lol.) Honestly, I probably don’t like John very much because of Yoko. Haven’t we all had a friend like that? Also, I happen to think McCartney’s writing is some of the best ever.) Play away, my friend!

I’ve always wanted to visit Michigan…

Gohawgs on April 27, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Come in for a bbq. Just, whatever you do, DO NOT MAKE A WRONG TURN!

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:46 AM

gotta go

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 2:45 AM

See ya, jaime. Good tunes!

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:47 AM

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 2:46 AM

I agree they are all good..Tough choice to choose the best..Tough choice..:)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2012 at 2:49 AM