Quotes of the day

posted at 10:43 pm on April 26, 2012 by Allahpundit

“House Speaker John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) poured cold water Thursday on efforts by Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) to advance immigration reform by suggesting that such a plan would not be able to pass the GOP-led House this year.

“Asked by a reporter whether he thought the House could pass an immigration measure this year that focused on more than just border security, Boehner said: ‘There’s always hope,’

“The speaker said he has spoken to Rubio about his plan. ‘I found it of interest, but the problem with this issue is that we’re operating in a very hostile political environment. To deal with a very difficult issue like this, I think it would be difficult at best.’”

***

“Gaby Pacheco, a vocal immigrant activist, accepted a tantalizing invitation last week from an unlikely source: Republican Sen. Marco Rubio wanted her to help craft a bill that could legalize the children of some illegal immigrants.

“Two hours later, Pacheco and other activists got a different pitch from their more familiar White House allies. Be wary of Rubio and his plan, two of President Obama’s top advisers told them in a meeting. It wouldn’t go far enough and wasn’t likely to succeed…

“The plan puts Obama in a box. Democrats are reluctant to see Rubio’s efforts as anything other than a political gambit to repair his party’s tarnished image with Hispanics and boost his own profile as a potential vice-presidential pick or future White House contender.

“But if Obama does not at least try to work with Rubio, he could risk losing a centerpiece of his appeal to Hispanic voters — that he is their fiercest ally in Washington and that the GOP is to blame for lack of action on fixing the country’s immigration ills.”

***

“Despite the hype that the GOP moved to the hard right in the primary, immigration was the main issue where Romney himself did so, sounding a hard conservative line to position himself to the right of Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich. If there was one issue where he would “flip-flop” back to the center, it’s likely to be immigration.

“Now Rubio is offering both Romney and the GOP a second chance to court Hispanic voters, and putting the White House in a tough spot. The freshman senator may not become Romney’s running mate, but he could be giving him a bigger political gift with his immigration advocacy.”

***

“Florida Sen. Marco Rubio has thrust himself into the raging illegal immigration debate, proposing a plan that would create a path to legal status for children of illegal immigrants — putting him at odds with an immoveable wing of the Republican Party on this issue.

“It’s a risky move for a potential vice presidential candidate, and it puts presumptive GOP nominee Mitt Romney in a pickle as he may have to decide whether to back an immigration plan rolled out by one of the party’s rising Hispanic stars, or stick to the strident anti-illegal immigrant positions he staked out during the Republican primary…

“Asked if Romney needed to lighten up his rhetoric, Rubio said the GOP has to better communicate it’s the pro-immigration party.

“‘Not just Gov. Romney — but in general, over the last five years that [the] Republican Party has come to be viewed as the anti-illegal immigration party.’”

***

“In an interview at his Tucson campaign office earlier this month, [Democrat Richard] Carmona, who is running in the race to succeed retiring Sen. Jon Kyl (R), had some blunt criticism for Republicans on the topic of illegal immigration.

“‘Why do you think they’re reworking their initial vitriolic, far-right, ‘deport everybody’ (message)?’ he asked. ‘Why? Do you think that all of a sudden there’s an epiphany and their hearts have opened up to people who are struggling? I don’t think so. I think it’s a political calculation – that they recognized they cannot win their races and stay in office unless they embrace the Hispanic community. So, I really feel it’s very disingenuous.’…

“‘Look, look,’ Carmona said. ‘Do you think it just popped up at this time – six, seven months before the election – and everybody goes, ‘Oh gee, let’s embrace these people now’? … So, it’s crazy. The fact of the matter is these are political calculations and the public is fed up with it.’”

***

“So to sum up-

“We’re going to grant the [premise] the Democrats have been running on that this is something we have to act on (separate from border security/enforcement)

“We’re going to do this to try and win votes of voters who will simply say, ‘Um, why should I support your half-assed measure when the other guys are offering me the whole thing?’

“We’d also offer the Democrats a new and exciting line of attack… ‘Republicans think you’re good enough to work for them and fight and die for this country but not to vote’. Some enterprising liberal will no doubt find a way to equate that with slavery. Fun times!

“And while we’re getting no credit or votes from this, we’ll also be doing the Democrats job for them by driving a wedge between members of our party.”

***

“Rubio said the White House has also been ‘actively trying to torpedo my efforts’ by calling in immigration advocates and urging them not to back Rubio’s bill.

“‘I think Speaker Boehner was acknowledging how difficult it is going to be given the highly politicized climate the president is contributing to, and I agree it’s going to be hard to pass,’ Rubio said. ‘But I am hopeful that we are going to come up with an idea [that] makes sense, that calls to Americans’ spirit of humanitarianism, that recognizes that these kids do not have legal right to be here, but that appeals to our conscience.’…

“Sen. Charles Schumer (N.Y.), who heads the Senate Democrats’ policy and communication shop, said Boehner’s comments ‘show how far Sen. Rubio has to go in trying to gain Republican support for any proposal to help immigrant students.’”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Keep the laser on him. He is too young to be that ambitious.

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Eyes wide open. Wow.

JPeterman on April 27, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I don’t want to include they kids, I’m sure they just go where they are told. Although the Mexico Spring break trip definitely hints of spoiled brat.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM

John the Libertarian on April 27, 2012 at 12:16 AM

LoLz..I just came here for the debate..:)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Well said, and cannot be said enough.

de rigueur on April 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM

The right will never tolerate it.

John the Libertarian on April 27, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Very good point!..:)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2012 at 12:25 AM

There is a reason why the Founding Fathers put the Natural Born requirement in the United States Constitution. Well actually two reasons now, Rubio as well as Obama.

VorDaj on April 27, 2012 at 12:26 AM

If you can’t be an ethic American you have to find another demographic to demand special attention. I’m still trying to figure mine out. Woman seems the most likely since white Christian is marked for open season. I actually think they are allowed to take stuff away from me for those two things. Maybe I’ll do the old person thing!

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:22 AM

LOL, Cindy..I’m with you. I got the ghey thing..perhaps I will use that. White,Christian,Woman is over used..crossed off my list.

bazil9 on April 27, 2012 at 12:26 AM

VorDaj on April 27, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Romney/Jindal 2012!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 27, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I don’t see it..Not in this political climate..:)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Hands off, you tell ‘em. You’re a rocker mom!

de rigueur on April 27, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Yep, my sister got turned down for two SBA loans (one as single, one as married). She wasn’t minority enough.

I have a commercial rental property in a certain part of Dallas that some of the tenants don’t care if they have customers. Their rent is being paid by the government. I got so sick of section 8 rules that I wouldn’t allow residential tenants who got money from that program. I only knew the rules because there were already some section 8 tenants when I bought a duplex.

cozmo on April 27, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Gotta take a phone call…later guys.
Not ignoring responses.

bazil9 on April 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM

The pandering is ridiculous; everyone sees it for what it is.

MustLoveBlogs on April 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM

So you find GOPers who pander to Evangelicals (I’m one by the way) equally as ridiculous?

terryannonline on April 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM

You said earlier that Bush pandered to Evangelicals.. is it pandering though?.. In my mind pandering is sucking up to a specific group, being disingenuous.. Bush was an Evangelical, so it was a genuine feeling of goodwill on his part.

Most Americans I think, get angry over the pandering to hispanic groups simply because it all comes down too…. no borders, if it’s MY group that wants in… You can keep everyone else out, just not our people…

That raging unfairness of that drives folks crazy.. ad to that, liberal groups refusing to even deport criminals.. convicted felons.. their rejection of ANY immirgartion control to buy Hispanic votes..

Isn’t there some way to reach the Hispanic community, to appeal to their sense of fairness, and their Catholic socially conservative views on law and order, without being called racists everytime one of our leaders tries to reach out? It’s not that illegals are Hispanics, it’s their sheer numbers, the fact so many criminals cross over, as well as other nationalities.. no nation can cede it’s borders and stay a free nation for long.

No other nation on Earth has been so tolerant of an outright civilian invasion.

I’m at a loss as to why any reasonable human being would think we shouldn’t be able to control our borders.. it seems a no brainer.

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I think given the timing and the build up and the rumors, people could be excused for thinking this is some kind of political orchestration. If these guys didn’t work so hard at being fakes and being on every side of every issue, maybe we could reclaim a bit of confidence. Anyone see that happening anytime soon? It’s very depressing.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I have a nasty feeling that Rubio is actually to the left of Romney. He’s a smooth talker but we already have one in the White House, don’t we?

Archivarix on April 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM

When I was their age my parents wouldn’t even let me go to Gulf Shores, AL (3 1/2 hours away) on Spring Break, much less Mexico. Of course, if they’d been able to send me with a 24/7 security detail, things might have been different. :)

Dark Star on April 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Massive numbers of low-income illegals, if made legal voters, threaten to flood the electorate with leftist voters… that will in turn bring in more illegals as legal. This obviously, frankly, includes children of illegals, which are known for their prolific birth rate.

It a touchy issue, but we and our way of life is in danger. We can’t just roll over.

anotherJoe on April 27, 2012 at 12:29 AM

No kidding. Rubio puts the U.N. above the U.S., just like Obama.

VorDaj on April 27, 2012 at 12:11 AM

That’s not what I got out of the speech at Brookings.

Go to d1carter’s post at 11:20 and go to the 11:30 mark and listen to what he’s saying about the UN Security Council. I could be wrong but it sounds to me like he’s advocating American supremacy. Now, you may disagree with his solution as interventionist and you may have a point but nowhere in that speech did I hear anything about subsuming America’s role to that of the UN.

I remain open to being shown to be wrong.

Video of Rubio’s Brookings speech…

d1carter on April 26, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Cleombrotus on April 27, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Everything is suspect in an election year.

John the Libertarian on April 27, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I really liked Rubio too.

The Notorious G.O.P on April 27, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Well, heck with y’all. If y’all are gonna’ bow to the topic monitors, I’m goin’ to bed.

cozmo on April 27, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Dark Star on April 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM

My folks wouldn’t let me go to Nags Head for the weekend and I was sixteen. I had to keep coming up with “other engagements” as an excuse to keep my kids from going to W.VA with a neighbor that I knew would drive under the influence. Come on people, be parents.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I don’t see it..Not in this political climate..:)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Count on the right to betray you, every time. It’s a given that the left is insane.

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 12:35 AM

anotherJoe on April 27, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Give the guy a cigar!

Best thread diamond!

A black lady I am friends with was taking her daughter to the pediatrician about three months ago and the room was flooded with Latinos! More Spanish than English, even on the forms!

I had a date with a hospital administrator who said the same thing four years ago. And she also mentioned their being flown in with diseases to be treated and were too sick to go on when they landed at Dulles. TB was a big one.

Anchor babies.

IlikedAUH2O on April 27, 2012 at 12:36 AM

cozmo on April 27, 2012 at 12:27 AM

My kids went to a middle school that had the only Section 8 housing in the city. Not an asset.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Archivarix on April 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM

“Emotions are not tools of cognition” – Ayn Rand

Cleombrotus on April 27, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Anyone see that happening anytime soon? It’s very depressing.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Not happening soon, and you will be calle a mad con or a rabid con, or some such.

However, fight back. They have nothing to convince you to be for and therefore wish to shame you into just being against someone…thus perpetuating the disasters. Keep the lights on all of them. By virtue of running for office they’re all crooks. Look at how they never want to go home.

Get rid of Hatch, Lugar and McCaskill, for starters, and of most Congresscritters, from all sides.

The founding fathers wanted representation not out of touch charlatans who enrich themselves, while scrooming the land and the producers.

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 12:39 AM

calle = called

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 12:40 AM

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM

The upstanding citizens of this country have been neutered.

I live in an area where they will not go after illegals because they are afraid of losing the Latino community support.

have you been to LA lately? Ha Ha

IlikedAUH2O on April 27, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Wow, look how long we’ve been on topic. The QOTD patrol must be so happy. I guess since Bmore is working we can blame the past on him.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM

cozmo on April 27, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Still early where I am, but I was noticing it’s waaay past tune time for some of you. Was something said recently? Is there a new diktat?

Oh, and how are they going to keep Romney “above the fray” if this immigration thing heats up?

de rigueur on April 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Too bad FloatingRock is not here tonight. Those of you who were mean to him/her s/b sorry. The young person is very worried about the future, as s/b.

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Well said, and cannot be said enough.

de rigueur on April 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Dittos.

listens2glenn on April 27, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Sooo-How about dem Cubbies…

annoyinglittletwerp on April 27, 2012 at 12:42 AM

John the Libertarian on April 27, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I think it’s all the time now. Do you know how hard it is to be a cynical Pollyana. It’s he!!, I tell ya.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 12:35 AM

+ 1..Channeling True_King I see..:)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM

FR’s moujth-foamer idiot that deserves what it gets.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 27, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Citizen representation is now a joke. Unfortunately the joke is on us.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:45 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 27, 2012 at 12:42 AM

LOL! I think cozmo wants to see you in your bunny suit. I told him I am pretty sure it isn’t what he thinks it is.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM

He was run off by the gabfest mob.

VorDaj on April 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 27, 2012 at 12:44 AM

No, and No, and like both of you.

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Yep! Until we do it’s “Groundhog’s Day” all over again.

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Yeap…

… Thanks Cindy, et al.

Little 7% took me away for a while, and now I have to put him to sleep…

Good Night all…

Seven Percent Solution on April 27, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Hey, he’s welcome anytime he decides he want to converse and not be the study hall monitor.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:48 AM

terryannonline on April 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Pandering to citizens isn’t a problem. Especially if they carry out on the pandering.

whatcat on April 27, 2012 at 12:48 AM

He was run off by the gabfest mob.

VorDaj on April 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Not that there is anything wrong with that, right?

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:48 AM

FR’s moujth-foamer idiot that deserves what it gets.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 27, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I think he prefers “mouth-breather”. (I keeed!)
(Funny that he didn’t show up–everyone’s been so well behaved and on-topic.)

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:22 AM

bazil9 on April 27, 2012 at 12:26 AM

My family is boring that way.. Dad’s side English.. Mom tracked it to a Liverpool dock in 1693.. Mom’s side German.. Some Native American… but essentially..

boring 52 year old plain American male..but ya know..

That’s enough for me..

American..

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Wow, look how long we’ve been on topic.
Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM

That sort of thing his gotta stop!
:D

whatcat on April 27, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM

FR’s called me a fake conservative or something close to it too many times for me to play nice with it. it also attacked me for calling out MB
It deserves no respect from me and will get no respect from me.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 27, 2012 at 12:50 AM

If there is a serious problem…..it needs to solved. It shouldn’t matter if it’s an election year or not.

terryannonline on April 26, 2012 at 11:40 PM

terry who? Where you be when no budget for more than 1100 days?

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 12:51 AM

FR is a very intelligent and nice person, very worried about the direction the land has taken, especially for a young person.

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I think you guys left a small window to be chastised for going off-topic. Gird your loins.

Client Number Nine on April 27, 2012 at 12:52 AM

FR’s moujth-foamer idiot that deserves what it gets.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 27, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I think he prefers “mouth-breather”. (I keeed!)
(Funny that he didn’t show up–everyone’s been so well behaved and on-topic.)

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 12:49 AM

WELL…..

we can’t have that now.. can we?

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 12:53 AM

to be a cynical Pollyana

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:43 AM

I’m with you, there. Drives me up the wall sometimes.

John the Libertarian on April 27, 2012 at 12:54 AM

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 12:50 AM

I have a signer of the Declaration of Independence in the family. I wonder if The Daughters of the American Revolution are a fun group. Could they be liberals? The sure would be a bummer.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:55 AM

alt, you need to work it out with him/her, or let it go. There’s plenty of space for all kinds. It’s a tough year as is. People get carried away for nearly anything.

However, you always fight back, and as I said before, always be yourself. Don’t worry about anyone around here.

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 12:55 AM

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Reminds me of a friend I had in HS.
I contribute to what will certainly be anarchy in QOTD!

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

whatcat on April 27, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Dire needs to spin some tunes and I need to go to bed.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I STRONGLY disagree.
I thinks he’s a brain-washed, reactionary ronbot.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

FR is a very intelligent and nice person

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 12:51 AM

And a control freak. QOTD has morphed over the years, but you can still find lively debate and on-topic discussion. He wasn’t even trying to engage, he was just kvetching. It was tedious.

John the Libertarian on April 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

John the Libertarian on April 27, 2012 at 12:54 AM

It’s hard to stay optimistic.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Hadn’t seen your reply.
I live in the Ronbot capitol of west Texas. They’re everywhere…like roaches. My patience with them anywhere is less than zero.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 27, 2012 at 12:58 AM

I thinks he’s a brain-washed, reactionary ronbot.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Out of desperation. I called him/her out on it. I don’t like Paul at all, especially for foreign policy takes…

Take care and don’t worry.

Schadenfreude on April 27, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Well dearest folks, I am going to call it a night. I need to get up at five. Don’t stay on topic for too long, I don’t want anyone to think we have reformed our evil ways. Sweet dreams.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Client Number Nine on April 27, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Loins?…..

oh… nah…

even I won’t go there..

oh..yes I would.

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 12:59 AM

It’s hard to stay optimistic.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

It’s a natural inclination. No one and nothing can strip it of me. I believe in this country and its ability to rebound from bad situations. We have to get rid of Carter and his malaise. Things will improve.

John the Libertarian on April 27, 2012 at 1:00 AM

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Spring of 1984. Sitting next to ‘C’ in 8th grade science. She snuck in a transistor-it was the year before Walkmans came out-and she’s playing that song.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 27, 2012 at 1:00 AM

We can’t lose this election so if we have to compromise on some issues so beat it. Nevada and Colorado are at stake we may need to win these states in nov so cutting into Obama’s margin or even depressing turnout for him with hispanics will be enough to swing the state back to red.

TimeTraveler on April 27, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Tomorrow’s my Tuesday.
Night all.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 27, 2012 at 1:02 AM

oh..yes I would…

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Classic.

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 1:02 AM

The fact that Ronpaul is to the left of Obama on foreign policy should make any conservative queasy. Neo-isolationism is as dangerous to America as socialism.

Client Number Nine on April 27, 2012 at 1:03 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 27, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Yep he does. He is prolly thinkin’ about the Heffner kind of bunny suit.

SparkPlug on April 27, 2012 at 1:03 AM

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Staying on (RedCrow’s) topic…

de rigueur on April 27, 2012 at 1:04 AM

de rigueur on April 27, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Hey, man(/woman lol)–Don’t blame me for anarchy in QOTD!

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Yep he does. He is prolly thinkin’ about the Heffner kind of bunny suit.

SparkPlug on April 27, 2012 at 1:03 AM

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Probably more like this!

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 1:08 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 27, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I had already been out of the service two years by then.. and discovered that new fangled thing called MTV…..

back when they still actually did music vids and had VJ’s..

can still smell the BBQ’d Iguanna..

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 1:09 AM

To go off-topic, commenting with a tablet is convenient, but I can’t really reply to anyone since I have no idea how to copy/paste on this thing. Sorta ruins the back & forth element of this.

Client Number Nine on April 27, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Adele on the Rubio “love affair”…

d1carter on April 27, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Client Number Nine on April 27, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Can you just start your reply with their “name”? I’m really out of here.

Cindy Munford on April 27, 2012 at 1:12 AM

John the Libertarian on April 27, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Hear!..Hear!..:)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I’m fast losing faith that anybody in the GOP is up to the task.

Between this Rubio/DREAM crap and the CISPA crap today…well, when I find myself hoping that Harry Reid delivers for me, you know we’re scroomed.

CycloneCDB on April 27, 2012 at 1:17 AM

de rigueur on April 27, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Hey, man(/woman lol)–Don’t blame me for anarchy in QOTD!

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 1:06 AM

anarchy?………….

but,…

I loves me some chaos mayhem and anarchy…..

just don’t play Pop Goes The Weasel

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 1:19 AM

can still smell the BBQ’d Iguanna..

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 1:09 AM

It tastes like chicken.or so I have been told..:)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2012 at 1:19 AM

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Did you miss my post at 1:08?
It fit in nicely ’cause you’d already posted something similar, AND was much more how I picture twerp in her bunny suit.

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Hear!..Hear!..:)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Y’know, I don’t believe Rove’s map at all. We’re going to obliterate this fool.

John the Libertarian on April 27, 2012 at 1:23 AM

can still smell the BBQ’d Iguanna..

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 1:09 AM

It tastes like chicken.or so I have been told..:)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2012 at 1:19 AM

It does. Just don’t overcook it, or it gets too crunchy.

Hey, man(/woman lol)–Don’t blame me for anarchy in QOTD!

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Cyncook outed me: man.

de rigueur on April 27, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Client Number Nine on April 27, 2012 at 1:09 AM

I understand completely… My wife talked me into getting a T-Mobile android cell.. and showed me how to go online and everything.. but’ I’m clumsy with my fingers, and don’t like using something small when there are three laptops, a netbook and a PC in the house.. plus we cvan surf on the WII, XBOX and PS3 if we want to……… I have two kids, 5 nieces and nephews, and a gadget loving wife, and her two sisters.. I personally only use the laptop and XBOX…..

The laptop is easiest for me.

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 1:25 AM

CycloneCDB on April 27, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I lost faith a while ago. But, I guess we can still hope to lose the sleazeballs on our side through attrition, and get more P Ryan’s and Bachman’s, and West’s in there.

Help us Tea Party, you’re our only hope.(?)

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Y’know, I don’t believe Rove’s map at all. We’re going to obliterate this fool.

John the Libertarian on April 27, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Let’s Roll..:)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Cindy, I’ve been doing that a little bit, but it’s hard when the threads move really fast. Completely useless on Palin/police brutality/gay marriage posts.

Client Number Nine on April 27, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Y’know, I don’t believe Rove’s map at all. We’re going to obliterate this fool.
John the Libertarian on April 27, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I’ll drink to that!
(Not sure I believe it: Incumbency, idiocy, MSM, unions…)

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I have no idea how to copy/paste on this thing.

Client Number Nine on April 27, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Yep, epic iPad fail.

John the Libertarian on April 27, 2012 at 1:30 AM

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Did you miss my post at 1:08?

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Sorry I did miss it,..

and that is without a doubt, my favorite scene. I’m not one to shriek the Lord’s name like that.. but, that is the funniest Python skit ever.

Only the Life Of Brian came close.

mark81150 on April 27, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Y’know, I don’t believe Rove’s map at all. We’re going to obliterate this fool.

John the Libertarian on April 27, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Let’s Roll..:)

Dire Straits on April 27, 2012 at 1:27 AM

As the victor at Waterloo put it: “‘Twas a close-run thing.” I believe it will be. But as at Waterloo, the tyrant will be defeated.

de rigueur on April 27, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Hey Jude

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 1:33 AM

mark, I’ve tried commenting on my phone. Completely useless. My laptop died a few months ago and I haven’t felt the need to have it fixed. I’d use the desktop, but late evenings I prefer to just surf while I watch TV, hence the tablet.

Client Number Nine on April 27, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Client Number Nine on April 27, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Well, first–there’s gotta be a way to copy/paste on that thing. I’d help you if I knew, but I’d bet one of the young’ens can show you tomorrow in two minutes flat.

Second, I think most of us can catch any comment you direct toward us–like Cindy said, write the handle on the first line by itself.

As far as the speed, when I write a long-ish comment (like this one, sorry) I usually have to scroll back a bit to catch everything. Sometimes even go to the previous page.

RedCrow on April 27, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Client Number Nine on April 27, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Left and right have little meaning in foriegn policy these days. Ron Paul’s is the closest to Reagan’s. Rubio’s is about the farthist away.

VorDaj on April 27, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I Wanna Hold Your Hand

jaime on April 27, 2012 at 1:35 AM

I’m a Scottish/English Jew.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 27, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Shalom, bonnie lassie.

de rigueur on April 27, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Guy gets on a plane, notes a hot woman seated and makes a beeline to be her seat mate. After takeoff they are making chit-chat and he asks what her job is. She told him she was a psychologist doing research on sex. He perked up and asked what about. She said she was trying to determine which country had the best lovers. He said Italians, French? She said no not really. “My research has found that the best lovers seem to be the American cowboy, followed by the Indian.” He said what is the best? She told him “probably the American Jewish male.” She then put out her hand to shake and said “I’m Barbara, whats your name?” He replied, “Clint, Clint Geronimo Goldberg.”

arnold ziffel on April 27, 2012 at 1:35 AM