Gamechanger: Romney once saved a dog’s life

posted at 6:41 pm on April 26, 2012 by Allahpundit

You can thank BuzzFeed’s Andrew Kaczynski for the front-page thumbnail. In all seriousness, this is a “gamechanger” in the literal sense of that term. Axelrod and his pals are playing a breathtakingly stupid game with the “dog wars” and this anecdote will in fact change voters’ perceptions if/when it enters wider media circulation. Romney 2012: Because “dog” plus “water” does not equal “stew.”

Oh, almost forgot. He and his sons saved a bunch of people too during this same incident.

“We heard a whole bunch of screaming,” said Josh Romney, who immediately hopped onto his Jet Ski. “We tore out of there and my dad hopped on the other Jet Ski and came out right after us.”

Roughly 300 yards out onto the lake, six adult family members and their dog were floundering in the water, after their boat suddenly sprung a huge leak — sinking in less than 90 seconds, Josh said…

In the middle of the rescue, the governor actually took a dunking himself — thrown off the Jet Ski as one anxious boater scrambled aboard and tipped the craft off-balance.

The rescuing Romneys also managed to snatch the family dog, McKenzie, from a watery grave — grabbing the Scottish terrier first because it was the only passenger without a lifejacket.

“It looked like it wasn’t going to last much longer,” said Josh, who held the waterlogged pooch on the ride back to shore.

Hat tip to AEI’s Lazar Berman for rescuing that story from obscurity. Speaking of which, why exactly is it obscure? Why hasn’t the Romney camp done more to circulate it? I recall reading about it once before but it’s so far off the radar that it slipped my memory altogether. It’d be nice to have it firmly planted in readers’ minds in time for Gail Collins’s 8,000th column about Romney putting Seamus on the car roof.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

But he saved a terrier, therefore he’s severely conservative.

angryed on April 26, 2012 at 7:17 PM

but you’re the only one who made that connection, nobody else here did, therefore you’re severely retarded…

jimver on April 26, 2012 at 7:31 PM

jimver on April 26, 2012 at 7:31 PM

The mentally challenged take great exception to being compared to angryred.

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 7:33 PM

even though if anything I’m slightly more likely to vote for Obama given that he ate dog.

netster007x on April 26, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Expand, please!.

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Romneys people also need to do a better job hammering home just how abysmal Obamas animal rights record is in general. This guy has removed protections for endangered wolves, wanted to kill baby sea lions and removed the ban on slaughtering horses for meat.

Ann Romney rides horses, Obama wants you to eat them.

nswider on April 26, 2012 at 7:36 PM

But he saved a terrier, therefore he’s severely conservative.

God you people are moronic.

angryed on April 26, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I won’t be voting for Romney because he saved a terrier or he is (lol) “severely conservative.” I will be crawling over broken glass to vote for Romney because he is not Barack Obama.

As for moronic, you idiots are arguing that we shouldn’t vote for Romney because he put his dog in a travel carrier on his car roof in 1983.

Now, you tell me who is more of a moron?

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I’m finally enthusiastic about Romney – that’s my pup on his lap!

Link

beancounter on April 26, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Speaking of backfires…

Pictures of the Day: If Barack Obama & George Zimmerman’s Maternal Great-Grandfathers Had Sons….

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 7:28 PM

“Roots,” heh. If only one could figure out to use that in an ad. A lot more coming out on Zimmerman today. And there’s a big rally in L.A. today with Jesse, Al, Denzel Washington, Stevie Wonder, and Martin’s parents. Right on the eve of the 20th anniversary of the Rodney King Riots (April 29). Coincidence, probably.

de rigueur on April 26, 2012 at 7:40 PM

But he saved a terrier, therefore he’s severely conservative.

angryed on April 26, 2012 at 7:17 PM

You STILL have no life. What a loser.

CW on April 26, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Where oh where is angryed’s sour sidekick to pooh pooh this pooch story? Maybe they’re salivating over the news that Obama has a really big stick?

Buy Danish on April 26, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Now, you tell me who is more of a moron?

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Well, I’d have a broom, or leaf blower, so I would not have to cross the broken glass.

That makes me winner of the non-moron contest.

There won’t be any broken bodies in my way either if the New Black Panthers don’t mess with me on my way to vote.

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 7:42 PM

beancounter on April 26, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Mr. Treacher and his family lost their little dog of the same breed after fourteen years last week.

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Buy Danish on April 26, 2012 at 7:45 PM

de rigueur on April 26, 2012 at 7:40 PM

George Zimmerman’s Black Roots: Trayvon Shooter Had A Great-Grandfather Who Was ‘Afro-Peruvian’, New Report Reveals

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 7:42 PM

I was speaking figuratively, but if I had to crawl over broken glass to get rid of Captain Amerika, I would.

The New Pink Panties Party doesn’t know what pain is until they have been caterised with the heel of a 6″ Louboutin.

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Ann Romney rides horses, Obama wants you to eat them.

nswider on April 26, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I wish Allah or Ed would make a post highlighting this so that we can start circulating the whole story outside of just the “who’s meaner to dogs” paradigm. The Romney campaign should be doing it too, not sure why they haven’t.

Swerve22 on April 26, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2012 at 7:43 PM

How sad :(

JPeterman on April 26, 2012 at 7:48 PM

…doesn’t know what pain is until they have been caterised with the heel of a 6″ Louboutin.

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 7:47 PM

As you were told before; useless without pictures.

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Swerve22 on April 26, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I dont know either frankly. Obama is majorly weak in this area and while animal rights leftists wont switch over and vote for Romney, the more they understand about Obama’s animal rights record will make many stay home, which is just as good lol.

nswider on April 26, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Seriously. You really have snapped. I’ll take you at your word that your original reason for going all nutty was that Mitt was too much of a RINO for you. A lot of us would have rather had someone else as well – unfortunately, no one stepped up and offered us a better alternative.

But now? You’re like some kind of comic book villain who was wronged by someone, so he decides to get his vengeance, but then he has a taste for blood and turns to evil. And then he decides it’s better to just destroy the entire universe to end the pain, forever.

RINO in Name Only on April 25, 2012 at 5:07 PM

And he’s probably brought more people around to supporting Romney than the mitt bots ever could.

Swerve22 on April 26, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 7:47 PM

the Jimmy Choos work too…

jimver on April 26, 2012 at 7:56 PM

As you were told before; useless without pictures.

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Use your imagination. Have you ever been catheterised for surgery? Substitute the tubing for the heel of one of these:

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 7:58 PM

the Jimmy Choos work too…

jimver on April 26, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Yes, and Manolo Blahniks!!!

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2012 at 7:43 PM

That’s awful. They’re wonderful dogs. :(

beancounter on April 26, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Ann Romney rides horses, Obama wants you to eat them.

nswider on April 26, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Have you ever eaten horse meat.

Of course not.

But you eat Cow meat I bet.

Some people ride cows as well. But horses are far better for riding still when raised for meat they do just fine. I can see no difference between eating cow or a horse. Both are domestic farm animals just like pigs, mules, donkeys etc. Horse meat is tougher but was also cheaper as you can raise them more cheaply than Cows.

Dogs are domestic pets. Not farm animals. But pigs are also domestic pets. Some say they make a better pet than a dog. Some very small breeds of Horses are also domestic pets.

Should we ban the eating of pigs?

If not there is no reason to ban the eating of horses.

Steveangell on April 26, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Looks like you overwhelmed their server.

You also left out the short skirt and sweater.

What a tease.

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Have you ever eaten horse meat.

Of course not.

Steveangell on April 26, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Wrong, not as tender as cow but better tasting than buffalo when over cooked. As buffalo almost always is. Beefalo on the other hand, yummy.

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Allah,
I don’t know about anyone else, but I’ve grown tired of Angryed’s obvious antagonistic trolling, insults, and name calling to the HA community. Does this not rate at least a warning, if not the Hammer?

teacherman on April 26, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Yes, and Manolo Blahniks!!!

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I have yet to see a Blahnik as tall and ‘deadly’ as a pair of luboutin or choo…my wife’s a choo fan which she wears graciously (when she doesn’t wear her military boots lol :-), but I must admit I feel a bit more threatened by the choos than than by her combat boots :-)…

jimver on April 26, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Looks like you overwhelmed their server. You also left out the short skirt and sweater.

What a tease.

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Louboutin.com

I don’t recall saying anything about sweaters.

Email me at predicthistunpredictpast@gmail.com and I will send you a picture.

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Dogs saved, not eaten. Romney 1 – Obama 0

Queasy on April 26, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Swerve22 on April 26, 2012 at 7:48 PM

This ban was passed by Congress and signed by Obama. The stories you link to note it’s actually the most humane way to deal with these horses. Kinda like it being more humane to hunt deer than let them starve to death during the winter. It’s a non-starter of an issue which is why it’s not being promoted by either side.

Buy Danish on April 26, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Yeah, my little pal Molly died the other day. Cavaliers are the sweetest dogs ever. She was a good girl.

Jim Treacher on April 26, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Have you ever eaten horse meat.

Of course not.

Steveangell on April 26, 2012 at 8:02 PM

tasted once, yes, donkey more precisely (I heard there’s no big difference in taste), big, big mistake…oh, and donkey salami once (you can find that in parts of France), most disgusting, eww-ish thing I’ve ever tasted in my life…

jimver on April 26, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Dogs saved. Not eaten.

Queasy on April 26, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I don’t recall saying anything about sweaters.

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I do, it seemed odd considering the time of year. Even for yankees.

Now you’re tyin’ to get me in trouble.

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 8:16 PM

jimver on April 26, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Yes. Choos are my “walking shoes.” I’m a gurly gurl. :)

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Jim Treacher on April 26, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I know you and your family miss Molly a ton.

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Heh. The picture for this post shows Romney with a dog at the dinner table. Note well that the dog is alive and well and not on a serving dish!

ITguy on April 26, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Jim Treacher on April 26, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Just found your post @ it at Daily Caller & left condolences there but I’ll echo it here. My little gal Bonnie is only 7 1/2 months old but she’s totally stolen my heart. Friendliest dog I’ve ever known.

I’ve lost 3 dogs before, and it sucks, but if my short experience with Cavaliers is anything to go by I’m sure you have 1000s of good memories of Molly.

It’s also good to know Mitt Romney brought a Cavalier to the dinner table and didn’t eat it.

beancounter on April 26, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Leftists will spin this to say that he should have saved the people ahead of the dog, ignoring the existence of the lifejackets.

malclave on April 26, 2012 at 8:23 PM

This incident made liberals in Massachusetts unhinged.

Romney and family are at the right place at the right time and do the right thing. It was a lot like when Clinton said he never had an Opportunity like 911.

The libs remembered at that point that the Romney’s ought to vacation to benefit the Massachusetts taxpayer and tourism business, In Massachusetts (dukakis: Make it) and if not on the mainland, at least they could have a Respectable place on the Cape, or Nantucket or MV. Liberals approve of those places….

Can you imagine if Romney bought a 10 million dollar place on Nantucket back then? to hob nob with the celebrities? it ain’t them.
But you wouldn’t have heard the end of it, and it was their idea.

Fleuries on April 26, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Jim Treacher on April 26, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I’m sorry for your loss. Our pets’ lives go by too fast…

catquilt on April 26, 2012 at 8:27 PM

I do, it seemed odd considering the time of year. Even for yankees.

Now you’re tyin’ to get me in trouble.

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Weird, ‘cuz I almost never wear them. Anyhoo, I feel kind of strange being called a Yankee. I was born a British subject and only became an American 10 years ago. lol!

Does that make me a Limey carpetbagger?

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 7:58 PM

There must be something wrong with their website. It says those shoes are $845.

spinach.chin on April 26, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Does that make me a Limey carpetbagger?

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Only if you move down south and try to take over.

Limey carpetbagger or welcome addition to the southern pot of gumbo, it all depends on how you fit in.

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Only if you move down south and try to take over.

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 8:35 PM

I just moved to New York and tried to take over….. Well, not try to take over….just create a lot of mischief and John Galts.

FUND YOUR UTOPIA WITHOUT ME™

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 8:41 PM

There must be something wrong with their website. It says those shoes are $845.

spinach.chin on April 26, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Yes, there must be. They usually go for around $1250. Maybe, that’s why the site crashed earlier. LOL!

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 7:47 PM

As you were told before; useless without pictures.

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 7:49 PM

darn tease. Maybe details later.

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Okay, that much money for a pair of shoes is crazy talk. Move back to four and five inch heels and you can find them for less than $60.

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Allah,

teacherman on April 26, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Swerve22 on April 26, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Jim Treacher on April 26, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Had a rescue Scotty named Molly who passed on to Terrier Valhalla a few years back. A cheerful little soul.

Good memories make all losses meaningful.

profitsbeard on April 26, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I just checked 5″ on a ruler. Wouldn’t that be uncomfortable to walk any distance? Of course on the other hand I ain’t walking in em and they look good so that’s all that counts.

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2012 at 8:56 PM

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I’ll tell you a funny o/t story (that will annoy people) I wore heels like that all the time when I worked and although I didn’t walk much it was fine. Now I’ve been unemployed since 2010 so I’ve been barefoot, flip flops or running shoes and my feet are about to fall off. I guess it is age.

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Must not have been a fancy Portuguese water dog, cause it wouldn’t need saving, right?

obladioblada on April 26, 2012 at 9:06 PM

I’ll tell you a funny o/t story (that will annoy people)

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2012 at 9:02 PM

It sure did. Another post that is useless without pictures.

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 9:08 PM

It sure did. Another post that is useless without pictures.

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Do you work at the shoe store Al Bundy? :) Man, I loved that show.

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2012 at 9:13 PM

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Never saw the show and no, I don’t work in a shoe store.

If these gals are gonna’ brag about high heels, short skirts, sweaters and bunny suits, the least they could do is provide photographic evidence of said braggadocio.

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 9:20 PM

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 9:08 PM

LOL! If I had pictures of my feet in heels I would attach them, not my worst angle. But I don’t. Imagine what that would do to the QOTD patrol! Back on topic!!!!!

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2012 at 9:21 PM

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Hey, I actually saw a picture of twerp in her bunny suit. I’m pretty sure it is not the bunny suit you would like it to be and she would still be anonymous.

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Now all we need is a story of Obama saving a dog.

Handing it over to PETA.

Where it is euthanized.

That would be the perfect capstone to this meme.

This meme apparently has legs… a tail… a bark… and some bite to it.

ajacksonian on April 26, 2012 at 9:24 PM

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 9:20 PM

You would have enjoyed the show very very much. Trust me.

The HA gals could put the black band in front of their faces if they are worried about anonymity. Throw us a bone here. :)

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Imagine what that would do to the QOTD patrol!

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I do, frequently.

My new goal is to drive the QOTD monitors bat crap crazy. Though it does entail me staying online later than I like to.

Some pictures of the girls of Hot Air would it a little less painful.

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Some pictures of the girls of Hot Air would it a little less painful.

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Heck, I’ll even start

Chickens

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 9:46 PM

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 9:46 PM

It says I don’t have permission to view, You big tease.

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2012 at 9:49 PM

He also saved his business partner’s teen daughter’s life.

So that’s at least 2 unselfish thing we know Mitt did in his life. Any bets on how many things Obama has ever done that didn’t somehow, directly or indirectly, benefit himself?

Dark Star on April 26, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Darn, try this

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I know. I am in a 12-step programme for shoe addiction. I have admitted that I have an addiction. It’s a step. LOL!

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 9:53 PM

As you were told before; useless without pictures.

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 7:49 PM

darn tease. Maybe details later.

arnold ziffel on April 26, 2012 at 8:49 PM

The point isn’t what I look like although I have given you my email address. The point isn’t how short my skirt is or how much I spend on shoes. The point is that a 6″ heel up the member of a member of the New Pink Panties Party WOULD BE SERIOUS pain.

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 9:57 PM

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Very handsome. Nice ride.

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2012 at 10:01 PM

The point isn’t what I look like although I have given you my email address.
Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I ain’t talkin’ about tonight’s topic. You started it last night.

And you’re still tryin’ to get me in trouble.

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Darn, try this

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Holy Crap, Cozmo. You’re a dead ringer for my cousin Bobby.

hawkdriver on April 26, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Romney: Saves dogs

Obama: Eats them

All you need to know.

R. Waher on April 26, 2012 at 10:12 PM

hawkdriver on April 26, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I hope that’s better than the others I have been compared to. The Von Erich kids or Troy Aikman.

You might appreciate the machine though. Some furrin’ critter with funny wrting. JPeterman may recognize the markings.

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 10:15 PM

hawkdriver on April 26, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Hey stranger! How’s the house coming? Email pictures please.

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 10:15 PM

One of those machines defected from Manaqua one weekend to Honduras (Soto Cano Aircase) when I was flying missions in El Salavador. Everyone flying anything was told to go to a neutral corner and land. Think of it as a field grade time out for all the kids until they could figure out wth was going on.

hawkdriver on April 26, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Just like Kennedy with the PT Boat, right?

RIGHT?!

Where my Mittbotts at?

shannon76 on April 26, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I also remember seeing a story of Gov. Romney, chainsaw in hand, helping clean up after a storm. More of these stories need to get out, they are much better than organizing civil disobedience.

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Hey stranger! How’s the house coming? Email pictures please.

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Wish I could. The foundation is down but I’m out of state on a new contract. J and S visited while they were pouring footers and laying blocks but only S took pictures. She was going to post them but she just lost a friend to an accident so I imagine it’s the last thing on her mind right now. But it’s moving ahead. I’ll put some in an email when the girls send me some.

hawkdriver on April 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM

hawkdriver on April 26, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Those things never make the news any more.

I remember the big ruckus when the first MiG-25 defected to Japan.

I imagine y’all were pretty tense for a while.

Its great to see that Soviet stuff flying in Texas. The MiG-23 ought to be ready by now.

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 10:26 PM

hawkdriver on April 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Sorry about S’s friend, obviously too young to be gone.

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2012 at 10:29 PM

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Lt Belinko’s book Mig Pilot is a must read. He was the 25 pilot who flew to Japan. I was only on DEP when that happened. Same year and time as the Pamunjan attack.

Sorry about S’s friend, obviously too young to be gone.

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2012 at 10:29 PM

They went to Chef classes together. He worked with KBR in OIF and OEF for a few rotations. He fell asleep at the wheel of his car and crashed. I’m going to send S some flowers tomorrow.

hawkdriver on April 26, 2012 at 10:40 PM

hawkdriver on April 26, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Let her know that she and his family are in our prayers.

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Let her know that she and his family are in our prayers.

Cindy Munford on April 26, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I certainly will.

hawkdriver on April 26, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Same year and time as the Pamunjan attack.

hawkdriver on April 26, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Surprising how some things change, and some things don’t.

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Dog truthers will be coming out of the woodwork.

Philly on April 26, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Saved…not eaten?

KOOLAID2 on April 26, 2012 at 11:07 PM

hawkdriver on April 26

…been missing you…(thought some hammer hit you)…didn’t realize you’ve been busy.

KOOLAID2 on April 26, 2012 at 11:10 PM

jimver on April 26, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Am I the only one LM@O at this? :)

c4 on April 26, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Look Closely In The Ranks Of Rank-In-File Democrays And You Will Find Madame DeFarge

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I ain’t talkin’ about tonight’s topic. You started it last night.

And you’re still tryin’ to get me in trouble.

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I am not trying to get you into trouble. You called be a “Dude,” which is either a reference for a man or shorthand for a Birkestock-wearing lesbian. I can assure you that I am neither.

Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I am not trying to get you into trouble.
Resist We Much on April 26, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Sure you are. How would I explain it to my wife that I am emailing some chick on the intertube thingie.

…shorthand for a Birkestock-wearing lesbian…

I’m gonna’ have to remember that one.

cozmo on April 26, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Allah,

teacherman on April 26, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I’m usually not for banning people, but I agree with you in this case!

bluegill on April 26, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Jim Treacher on April 26, 2012 at 8:13 PM

“A good dog comes, enriches our lives, and leaves us better than before…”
So sorry for the loss of your sweet girl. It is so hard to lose a beloved companion.

redridinghood on April 26, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I’m finally enthusiastic about Romney – that’s my pup on his lap!

Link

beancounter on April 26, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Spaniels are wonderful. I have three parti cocker spaniels and the red and white is always mistaken for a cavalier. There isn’t a day that goes buy that they don’t make me laugh at their antics.

redridinghood on April 26, 2012 at 11:44 PM

nswider on April 26, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Finally going to speak up on the horse slaughter thing. CONGRESS lifted the dumb ass ban on horse slaughter. Do you think it just stopped? The business and the jobs moved to Canada. I was in the horse business over 40 years. What the hell do you think happens to them? Do you thnk there are horse graveyards? Crematoriums? Funeral homes? We’ve had an epidemic of abandoned horses here in S. Florida. Instead of going to a slaughterhouse, they are left to starve. There is no clamoring demand for human consumption here. You might want to ask your dog which he prefers. horse or tofu. Get a grip, peeps.

katy the mean old lady on April 26, 2012 at 11:54 PM