Will Jan Brewer make the veepstakes short list?

posted at 5:21 pm on April 25, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Which direction will Mitt Romney go in selecting his running mate?  The Hill suggests that Romney will look for a “mini-me,” someone much like himself, as his track record as an executive in the private sector indicates:

Mitt Romney is on the hunt for a vice presidential candidate, and if his years running Bain Capital are any indication, he might be looking for a version of himself.

In his roughly 25 years at Bain, Romney tended to hire mini-Mitts — smart, ambitious, clean-cut and a little awkward, according to those who dealt closely with the men.

Romney built the private equity firm, a spinoff of the consulting firm Bain & Co., from the ground up in the mid-1980s, bringing on several people who would help him turn it into an investment giant.

“First-rate brain power, first-rate analytical power. These were sometimes kind of geeky people,” said Howard Anderson, a senior lecturer at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s school of business who invested with Bain as an entrepreneur. “They were not often people who would be elected class president.”

That would tend to favor people with extensive executive experience, which leaves out the legislators on the short lists of the commentariat.  However, that would tend to strengthen the hand of some of the governors on the GOP bench, including Tim Pawlenty, whose name has gotten more mention as of late.  Allahpundit gave a good rundown of Pawlenty’s appeal to Romney last night, but the strongest argument for Pawlenty is that no one would doubt his readiness to assume the Presidency if disaster struck.  He’s been a pretty good campaigner who had one bad moment in a debate last year, and Pawlenty also signed onto Team Romney quickly after getting out and has been working hard (if quietly) since for Romney’s nomination.  Bobby Jindal also fits the profile suggested by The Hill, and has a little more connection to the conservative base, and Bob McDonnell in Virginia as well.

If Romney wanted to roll the dice a bit, perhaps he needs to look further west.  In my column today for The Week, I present a case for Jan Brewer that would entail more risk, but perhaps more reward as well:

Brewer has a record of fighting the federal government and the media. After Brewer signed a bill from the state legislature requiring law-enforcement officers to check residency status when arresting or detaining criminal suspects, Obama’s Department of Justice filed suit against the state. To the cheers of conservatives, Brewer fought back, later writing a book to bolster her case, and squared off against open-borders advocates in the media.

Nor is that the only fight Brewer has picked with the Obama administration and the media. She called a special session of the legislature to get authorization to hire outside counsel to join the lawsuit against ObamaCare, after Goddard refused to do so. Brewer also pushed for gun-rights legislation that eventually removed the permit requirement to carry guns, making Arizona one of only three states in the nation to do so. Brewer also oversaw deep cuts in social programs in order to resolve a $4 billion budget deficit, although that also included increases in some taxes.

Given Romney’s vulnerabilities with the base on immigration, health-insurance mandates, and gun rights, Brewer might be just the kind of candidate that could get the Tea Party back on board. A Brewer nomination might also force the Obama campaign to retire the “war on women” attack line. It would also firm up Romney’s standing in Arizona, as one poll this week suggested that the Republican nominee wasn’t garnering much enthusiasm in this transitioning interior-West state.

There is some downside to Brewer, too.  She has had to retract a couple of her arguments on border security in the past two years, but that’s probably not enough to make her a liability in and of itself.  Brewer is a hardliner on immigration, though, and that could complicate Romney’s efforts to woo the Latino vote away from Obama.  It might also provide him some cover to back Marco Rubio’s upcoming efforts on immigration reform by solidifying his credentials as a borders-first candidate.

The choice depends on whether Romney feels the need for a game-changer in late summer.  If the winds are already blowing favorably, Romney’s not likely to take a risk in selecting a running mate, and will go with a candidate who matches up well with himself.  If Romney needs more unity from the base, though, he may consider an outside-the-box choice of a candidate who has already been battle-tested against the administration — and that could put Brewer and Rick Perry in play.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Anyone who saw her epic gaffe during her gubernatorial debate in 2010 will know the answer to this: NO THANK YOU, POR FAVOR.

Esoteric on April 25, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Seems like a good choice to me, she’s not one to back down.

Speakup on April 25, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Esoteric on April 25, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Beat me to it.

CTSherman on April 25, 2012 at 5:25 PM

If Romney picks a woman it will be Kelly Ayotte.

Jon0815 on April 25, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Romney is not going to pick a hard core divisive running mate. It is not his style and it is not in his interest.

lexhamfox on April 25, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Usually it’s AP that goes for the shameless traffic bait, Ed.

KS Rex on April 25, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I think Rs should not touch those Rs who are already holding a position in any branch of government , to run for VP.
Hold on to those positions you already have, look for those who do not currently hold a position in the government and select one to run for VP , someone like Guiliani

burrata on April 25, 2012 at 5:28 PM

She’s really not done much in her life outside of politics. I really don’t think Romney’s VP is going to be a career politician.

crosspatch on April 25, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Jesus Ballot Stuffing Christ Ed!

You beclowned yourself on a daily basis during the primaries with your choices, speculations and name floating. Some people learn. Try to be like them.

MJBrutus on April 25, 2012 at 5:29 PM

No thanks…we’ll pass.

right2bright on April 25, 2012 at 5:30 PM

No chance for Brewer

forest on April 25, 2012 at 5:30 PM

kiss the latino vote goodbye. lucky if we get 18%. haha

gemini on April 25, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Here it is.

Jan Brewer debate gaffe

aunursa on April 25, 2012 at 5:31 PM

MJBrutus on April 25, 2012 at 5:29 PM

psssst….he picked Palin in 2008 before anybody knew who she was…..just sayin’.

BobMbx on April 25, 2012 at 5:31 PM

If you think the MSM had fun trashing Gov. Palin’s family, they’d have even more fun with Gov. Brewer’s. Brewer has a son who’s a mess. Squeaky clean this bunch is not.

AZCoyote on April 25, 2012 at 5:32 PM

no, if you want to be bold go with Ryan.

rob verdi on April 25, 2012 at 5:33 PM

AZCoyote on April 25, 2012 at 5:32 PM

She’s Simple Sarah in another 30 years and 1000 boxes of no filter Camels.

MJBrutus on April 25, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Hillary?

slickwillie2001 on April 25, 2012 at 5:34 PM

If Mitt is going to go with a gov. Jindal would be a better choice than Brewer.
*Yeah-I know that Jindal doesn’t want to be veep.I can still dream*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2012 at 5:35 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Jindal would be good. I think Christie would be great. Certainly the best sitting governor for a running mate.

MJBrutus on April 25, 2012 at 5:36 PM

A tough day for the Solicitor General.

Schadenfreude on April 25, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I think she is not VP material. But then I see Joe Biden and I just shake my head.

TexAz on April 25, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Will Jan Brewer make the veepstakes short list?

Next Question

Deafdog on April 25, 2012 at 5:37 PM

I see by the comments so far no one likes her…Why?
Becauses she has ba11s?… nooooo! Let’s get Mitchy or Paulette!

KOOLAID2 on April 25, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Brewer would be Palin all over again. No way would this even be an option for Team Mitt.

brhoton on April 25, 2012 at 5:38 PM

MJBrutus on April 25, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I do NOT want Christie near the presidency. He’s good for NJ-but he’s no conservative.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Totally superficial here, but listen to her speak?
Bag.O’.Hair.

LtGenRob on April 25, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Yeah, Brewer would be a disaster of a pick. Romney is going to make a pick who doesn’t draw attention from the fact that this is a referendum on Obama.

In fact, I’m not even sure what she would bring to the ticket. If he’s going to go with woman, it’ll be either Ayotte or Martinez. If he wants a female Governor, it’s Martinez without a doubt. It would make no sense to pick Brewer over Martinez.

With that said, Jindal is still the best choice for VP.

GOPRanknFile on April 25, 2012 at 5:39 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 25, 2012 at 5:38 PM

There are better choices than Brewer. My favs. are Ryan or Jindal.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2012 at 5:40 PM

MJBrutus on April 25, 2012 at 5:36 PM

A better place for Jindal would be to run against Mary Landrieu for her Senate seat when it comes up for election in 2014.

That would be a much better place for him than VP. That would also be a springboard into the White House and turn a blue seat red in the Senate.

crosspatch on April 25, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Doesn’t border control/illegal alien law enforcement poll at close to 70/30 for?

She can easily handle Slo-Joe in a debate. And she actually does what Perry says he’ll do. Works for me.

DanMan on April 25, 2012 at 5:41 PM

How about Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval? A Hispanic who has experience as a legislator, a governor, a prosecutor and a federal judge.

RhymesWithRight on April 25, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Condi…but she’d prolly quit if offered to helm NFL.

BHO Jonestown on April 25, 2012 at 5:41 PM

crosspatch on April 25, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Good point. He could also head HHS in a Romney Presidency.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2012 at 5:41 PM

he’s no conservative.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2012 at 5:38 PM

I use a different benchmark when I decide. I try to look at who I think is best for the country (and in this case most enhances Mitt’s odds of winning, which is best for the country) rather than ideological faithfulness. I think that most people (and certainly most Indies) do as well and that’s to his great advantage.

MJBrutus on April 25, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I guess we should expect this kind of lunacy from the blogger who endorsed Santorum and O’Donnell.

Mark1971 on April 25, 2012 at 5:42 PM

— and that could put Brewer and Rick Perry in play.

Rick Perry was tested on a national level and found very wanting. The chances of Rick Perry being picked are slightly higher than those of Fred Karger.

KingGold on April 25, 2012 at 5:42 PM

BHO Jonestown on April 25, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Condi’s a squish when it comes to radical islam.
No thanks.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2012 at 5:42 PM

KingGold on April 25, 2012 at 5:42 PM

That’s good-because he’s needed here anyway.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2012 at 5:43 PM

BHO Jonestown on April 25, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Let’s see. She was a disaster as Sec of State and worthless as NSA. She voted for PBHO. Oh, but she’s a black lady, so what the he11.

MJBrutus on April 25, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Brewer and Perry will make great surrogates but I don’t see them being on the ticket. No way…Brewer is too divisive, Perry too much the butt of jokes. Perry’s going to need a lot more time for voters to forget about his disastrous debate performances.

Buy Danish on April 25, 2012 at 5:43 PM

DanMan on April 25, 2012 at 5:41 PM

You must not have seen her performance in the gubernatorial debate. Her gaffe was actually worse than Perry’s.

GOPRanknFile on April 25, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Let’s just skip the chubby gun grabber.

Aviator on April 25, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Next.

cpaulus on April 25, 2012 at 5:44 PM

I will not be Ryan, it will not be Jindal, it will not be Rubio. In fact, it likely will not be a politician at all or possibly someone who has served a single term somewhere.

I could see it being a TJ Rodgers or Burt Rutan or even a John Mackey.

crosspatch on April 25, 2012 at 5:44 PM

No way on Perry. Texas will go all in for Romney regardless and Perry may have found out he needs to actually mess up his hair in the next session. He is certainly sounding like he’s much more serious as a motivated conservative these days.

DanMan on April 25, 2012 at 5:45 PM

MJBrutus on April 25, 2012 at 5:41 PM

I think that Christie is best for NJ. He is most certainly NOT best for the nation. He called those who oppose the GZ mosque(like me), ‘crazies’.
Pass.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2012 at 5:45 PM

If Mitt is going to go with a gov. Jindal would be a better choice than Brewer.
*Yeah-I know that Jindal doesn’t want to be veep.I can still dream*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2012 at 5:35 PM

They all want to be veep.

cjw79 on April 25, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I would love it. In the meantime –

Romney’s Sensible 2012 Campaign Approach: the “BUTT” negates all that precedes it!!!! An Egyptology-based summary of my feelings of Romney’s presumptive nomination, his campaign approach, and Pharaoh Obama’s many failures. There is also a look back on McCain’s “The One” video, also featuring the iconic movie.

Mutnodjmet on April 25, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Aviator on April 25, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I’m married to a chubby guy. That doesn’t bother me. The gun-grabbing is unforgivable.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2012 at 5:46 PM

i love jan, but NO NO NO NO Way….shes smart but also a gaffe machine.

DrW on April 25, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Brewer might make a good choice and I agree that Ayotte would also.

dogsoldier on April 25, 2012 at 5:47 PM

They all want to be veep.

cjw79 on April 25, 2012 at 5:45 PM

One of the dept. managers @ my Wal-Mart is from LA and is friends w/ Jindal.
According to the manager-he really doesn’t want to be veep.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Her gaffe was actually worse than Perry’s.

GOPRanknFile on April 25, 2012 at 5:43 PM

She’ll be up against Joe Biden. ’nuff said. All you folks worried about her getting the Palin treatment seem to think only the left wins that media battle. I bet there are many serious women who get ripped about the treatment females, especially conservative ones get just for showing up. I know it irritates the heck out of me.

DanMan on April 25, 2012 at 5:49 PM

There are better choices than Brewer. My favs. are Ryan or Jindal.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2012 at 5:40 PM

…mines Jindal and the lady gov from New Mexico.
I have no problem with her being on the ‘list’. I look at Joe Biden and the Taco Bell dog could be on the list…it would bark more sensibly.

KOOLAID2 on April 25, 2012 at 5:49 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2012 at 5:35 PM

MJBrutus on April 25, 2012 at 5:36 PM

What Jindal has going for him is that Romney wants someone who is ready to step in immediately if something were to happen to him. A couple of years back, when he was asked who he thought would be a good candidate for the presidency, the first name he mentioned was Jindal’s. Jindal has a real shot at this. He’s definitely on the short list.

GOPRanknFile on April 25, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Mark1971 on April 25, 2012 at 5:42 PM

ouch.

that’ll leave a mark…but lunacy is a bit strong mark. can we agree on misguided silliness?

DrW on April 25, 2012 at 5:50 PM

she is an idiot

damian1967 on April 25, 2012 at 5:50 PM

DanMan on April 25, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I really don’t care-because I don’t play identity politics. A good, qualified person will be able to hold their own.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2012 at 5:50 PM

One of the dept. managers @ my Wal-Mart is from LA and is friends w/ Jindal.
According to the manager-he really doesn’t want to be veep.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I’m not saying your friend didn’t say that, or that Jindal didn’t say that to your friend, but that’s just how the game is played. Any politician would jump at the chance. They just can’t look overeager at this stage of the game. I think the attention Rubio’s Freudian slip got is evidence of that fact.

cjw79 on April 25, 2012 at 5:50 PM

the lady gov from New Mexico.

KOOLAID2 on April 25, 2012 at 5:49 PM

What does Martinez have to offer? I mean aside from being a Latina?

MJBrutus on April 25, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Hillary?

slickwillie2001 on April 25, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Which one? I know someone who personally knows 3.

BobMbx on April 25, 2012 at 5:50 PM

I LOVE JAN BREWER….but honestly why are we talking about this? She’s not on the short list…heck she’s not on the long list. She will not be the veep for at least half dozen political and demographic reasons that should be apparent to all.

Afterseven on April 25, 2012 at 5:51 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2012 at 5:46 PM

I don’t care about the chubby either (but it is a negative to some voters). I do agree that as a NJ republican he does not hold wide ranging conservative beliefs.

Aviator on April 25, 2012 at 5:51 PM

she is an idiot

damian1967 on April 25, 2012 at 5:50 PM

What an absolutely well thought-out comment.
///

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Condi.

Key West Reader on April 25, 2012 at 5:52 PM

If Romney picks a woman it will be Kelly Ayotte.

Jon0815 on April 25, 2012 at 5:27 PM

That has been the buzz here in NH all day.

Just last week an event in NH featuring Ayotte turned into a Romney Pep Rally.

Unlike Brewer, Kelly has no negative family issues, and she’s fearless. You should have seen some of the murder cases she tried as our AG.

Del Dolemonte on April 25, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Key West Reader on April 25, 2012 at 5:52 PM

MJBrutus on April 25, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Comparing her to Biden makes her a star – but I think she has reached the top for her. Romney needs a star, not another milquetoast performer like himself.

I like Alan West, but he is short on political experience, maybe 2016 with Christie.

John Barrasso MD (WY) has made a name for himself on the floor teaching about the effects of ObamaCare (see his site).

I think Sen Tom Coburn MD (OK) combines the best of these two. See his down to earth reports

KenInIL on April 25, 2012 at 5:52 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 25, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I strongly encourage anyone who feels that Jan ( my governor i may add) to view her debate videos on youtube. she is one of the worlds WORST debaters. she almost blew a 25pt lead with her awful performance last year.

smart lady…good instints…solid backbone…but as poor a debater as I’ve ever seen at that level of competition.

but don’t believe me..go look for yourself.

DrW on April 25, 2012 at 5:53 PM

They all want to be veep.

cjw79 on April 25, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Do you really think so? Everytime, I hear someone’s name floated there comes a quick, “don’t want it.” Except for Newt… lol

Fallon on April 25, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Esoteric on April 25, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Beat me to it. That was pretty bad. She’d be fine in the job, but probably hurt the campaign. Keep looking.

talkingpoints on April 25, 2012 at 5:53 PM

i love jan, but NO NO NO NO Way….shes smart but also a gaffe machine.

DrW on April 25, 2012 at 5:47 PM

…I don’t think she can hold Joe Biden’s jockstrap when it comes to gaffe’s…and, she could make him wear it as a nose warmer!

KOOLAID2 on April 25, 2012 at 5:53 PM

DanMan on April 25, 2012 at 5:49 PM

The problem is Biden actually does okay in debate formats. Only when he speaks off-the-cuff does he make idiotic comments. My issue with Brewer isn’t that she would do awful in a debate. My issue with her is that she would add absolutely nothing to the ticket.

GOPRanknFile on April 25, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Pass.

From most accounts, she was not a very good governor before lucking into the immigration issue as a cudgel to use against the administration.

teke184 on April 25, 2012 at 5:55 PM

GOPRanknFile on April 25, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Worse than that. She would bring mountains of ill will. Sure, it would be entertaining to see all those people who boycotted AZ and all the other foolishness go apoplectic, but it is not a good strategy to win an election.

MJBrutus on April 25, 2012 at 5:55 PM

the lady gov from New Mexico.

KOOLAID2 on April 25, 2012 at 5:49 PM

What does Martinez have to offer? I mean aside from being a Latina?

MJBrutus on April 25, 2012 at 5:50 PM

She’s as disigenuous a choice as Marco Rubio. I like Marco but I don’t think he’d fit as 2nd in line to fill the role should tragedy strike.

Dr. Condoleeza Rice? Why, yes. Yes she could and would. It would also put an end to all this war on women nonsense and I hear she doesn’t like puppy munching and she wouldn’t engage in Biggest Loser competitions within the White House.

It is time to restore dignity to this Nation.

Key West Reader on April 25, 2012 at 5:56 PM

if she does say goodbye to latino vote FOREVER

DBear on April 25, 2012 at 5:56 PM

One of the dept. managers @ my Wal-Mart is from LA and is friends w/ Jindal.
According to the manager-he really doesn’t want to be veep.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2012 at 5:48 PM

I also know someone that knows Jindal pretty well and they’ve said that Jindal has a servant’s heart. He’s not doing any of this for fame or recognition. He’s doing it because he really cares about Louisiana and the country. They think that if Jindal were asked, he would gladly accept, which is probably why we haven’t heard him rule out the possibility. All we hear from him is, “I’ve got the job I want,” and refuses to say anything else.

GOPRanknFile on April 25, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Key West Reader on April 25, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Condi sucked as Sec of State and NSA. What does she know about economics? All she offers is her race and gender. No thanks.

MJBrutus on April 25, 2012 at 5:57 PM

MJBrutus on April 25, 2012 at 5:34 PM

..knock it off, will ya, fercrissakes! I’m dyin’ here!

The War Planner on April 25, 2012 at 5:58 PM

:-D

The War Planner on April 25, 2012 at 5:58 PM

If Romney picks a woman it will be Kelly Ayotte.

Jon0815 on April 25, 2012 at 5:27 PM

If Romney picks a woman it will be Carly Fiorina or Meg Whitman.

crosspatch on April 25, 2012 at 5:58 PM

“There is some downside to Brewer, too…”

(sorry… I couldn’t help myself)

Seven Percent Solution on April 25, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Fallon on April 25, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Wouldn’t you? It’s unseemly to let people know that you’re campaigning or lobbying for it, but if your career is in governing, you obviously think that you acquiring more power to govern is good. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be a professional “govern-or”. Every person in politics thinks the polity is better the more they have power and influence. And taking on the role of VP amasses at least as much power, and certainly far more visibility, than any other elected office in the nation. (We might quibble about that statement, but I sincerely believe it to be true).

cjw79 on April 25, 2012 at 5:59 PM

MJBrutus on April 25, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Really?

Key West Reader on April 25, 2012 at 5:59 PM

What does Martinez have to offer? I mean aside from being a Latina?

MJBrutus on April 25, 2012 at 5:50 PM

For one thing, she’s an amazingly competent governor, leveraging a hostile Democrat legislature to cut government. And she’s from one of the more Democrat-leaning swing states.

I suppose in your view, that makes her a quota hire.

KingGold on April 25, 2012 at 6:02 PM

MJBrutus on April 25, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Hmmm. Seems that I’ve struck a nerve.

So, this is for you

/Enjoy!

Key West Reader on April 25, 2012 at 6:02 PM

If Romney picks a woman it will be Carly Fiorina or Meg Whitman.

crosspatch on April 25, 2012 at 5:58 PM

..er..um..they’re good peeps but take it from someone from KA, we can do better. Both had their heads handed to them out here in 2010 and the stench of defeat is upon them.

The War Planner on April 25, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Really?

Key West Reader on April 25, 2012 at 5:59 PM

She’s also a squish on islam and has a tendency to see things through the prism of race. I thin she’s a brilliant woma-but if she were tapped I would be LESS likely to vote for Mitt. Right now I’m gung-ho all aboard his campaign

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2012 at 6:04 PM

(sorry… I couldn’t help myself)

Seven Percent Solution on April 25, 2012 at 5:58 PM

..yikes! Well, there goes the next fortnight of decent, sound sleep!

The War Planner on April 25, 2012 at 6:04 PM

They all want to be veep.

cjw79 on April 25, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Bush was the last one that went from VEEP to being elcted President without taking office due to the death of his boss.

RickB on April 25, 2012 at 6:05 PM

romney/brewer: lose whole southwest for a generation. adios!

gemini on April 25, 2012 at 6:05 PM

She’s Simple Sarah in another 30 years and 1000 boxes of no filter Camels.

MJBrutus on April 25, 2012 at 5:34 PM

You just know she has about five ashtrays on her desk overflowing with pink lipstick stained butts. And lets not talk about the car.

Mr. Arkadin on April 25, 2012 at 6:06 PM

THINK. Woman.
Got hit with a case of heat exhaustion today and it fried my few brain cells.
///

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2012 at 6:06 PM

The War Planner on April 25, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Not only did they lose by double digits in their races, how would it look if Romney picks someone who’s never even served in political office as his VP? It’s a nonstarter. It’ll be either Martinez or Ayotte (if he picks a woman).

GOPRanknFile on April 25, 2012 at 6:06 PM

RickB on April 25, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Yes, that’s true. What are you getting at?

cjw79 on April 25, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Got hit with a case of heat exhaustion today and it fried my few brain cells.
///

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2012 at 6:06 PM

..hey, ALT, who’d you go for for VPOTUS?

The War Planner on April 25, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Key West Reader on April 25, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Have you forgotten the months and months leading up to the Iraq war? The way Chirac (and de Villepin) along with El Baredei and Blicks took Saddam’s side and ran circles around us in the UN? Do you remember when we needed it, she blew the deal with the Turks to let us use their air space? Diplomatically, it was a clown show.

MJBrutus on April 25, 2012 at 6:08 PM