Pollmania: Romney tied with Obama nationally, leads by a point in Virginia; Update: Leads by two in Florida

posted at 8:41 pm on April 25, 2012 by Allahpundit

I owe you something cheery after yesterday’s descent into eeyorish madness.

On the one hand, the economy’s supposed to be our big advantage, right? Maybe … not so much:

That’s a nifty example of why Democrats are so keen to frame the election as a choice between two visions rather than as a referendum on The One. Viewed in isolation, his economic program is shinola and voters know it. The key for lefties is making sure they don’t view it in isolation. On the other hand, there’s this:

The second data set shows the results when voters are asked whether they’d definitely or never vote for Obama. The column for independents is eyepopping, especially when you consider that they split evenly at 37 when the same question is asked about Romney. Problem is, Fox used such a small sample of indies for this poll that the margin of error for the subgroup ended up being eight percent. That’s why Romney merely ties O overall at 46 percent even though he wins independents by 13 points — there simply aren’t enough of the latter in this sample to make up for Obama’s enormous lead among Democrats. (The sample splits 44D/38R.) Even so, it’s worth paying attention to this metric going forward. How many anti-Obama votes are already banked among independents? And how many of them who claim they’ll never, ever, evah vote for O will rethink if we end up with two or three straight months of solid job growth?

Speaking of which, go read Jay Cost on the perils of trusting polls in an era when 90 percent of the electorate is split between the parties and locked down on each side, leaving the fate of the country in the hands of 10 percent who don’t pay much attention to politics and maybe don’t know what they’re talking about a lot of the time. Quote: “They are at the least fickle and at the worst maddening, as they regularly tell pollsters they have settled opinions when in fact they do not!” Makes those “I’ll never vote for Obama” results a little harder to interpret, huh? Oh, and here’s the Virginia poll from Rasmussen showing Mitt up by a point. We’re expected to take that state this time, I think. It’s in the same group as Indiana and North Carolina, just purple enough to break for a Democrat when everything’s going their way but a mighty heavy lift under normal-ish circumstances. That’s the difference between 2008 and 2012, I hope.

Exit question: How’s everyone out there feeling about this strategy?

“There is a pretty broad view that President Obama is a good family man and decent guy, but may be in over his head,” said Mr. Gillespie, a former counselor to George W. Bush, who was brought into the Romney campaign this month. He said the argument against re-election would be built around the suggestion that Mr. Obama “has not displayed strong leadership, but failed leadership and weak leadership.”

Update: Just as I’m writing this, the “Purple Poll” is out with data from battleground states. Romney’s up two in Florida and is tied in Colorado but trails narrowly in Virginia and Ohio. His favorable rating in CO, VA, OH, and FL, respectively:

Second look at the likability gap?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

You and crr6 need to get a room… and a bunch of crying towels for NO-vember…

COUNT IT!!!!

Khun Joe on April 25, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Now wait just a damn minute. There are things even crr6 won’t do.

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Wait. You mean to tell me Obama is at 46% in this poll when dems are over sampled by 6%. He is toast.

Ta111 on April 25, 2012 at 10:24 PM

LOL- At least he didn’t wait till after the election, like Romney did in 2010!

Night Owl on April 25, 2012 at 10:21 PM

You do realize that the primary is essentially over, right? lol

GOPRanknFile on April 25, 2012 at 10:25 PM

There’s nothing as quite as pathetic and dishonest as these childish morons who have viciously attacked Romney over the last 6 months now telling us that but for our standing up to them they would be voting for him.

Basilsbest on April 25, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Except for the Romney fluffin’ nutballs that never pass up an opportunity to bash Romney’s primary opponents even after they leave the race, and some prominent republicans who weren’t in it to start with.

They are way more pathetic dishonest and childish.

cozmo on April 25, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Why should a conservative vote FOR Mitt Romney? As opposed to the “lesser of two evils” argument.

Why should anyone vote for Romney? What does the guy actually believe?

casuist on April 25, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I’ll believe it when I see these numbers corroborated by further polling. These are highly favorable numbers for Romney, and don’t mesh with other polling’s numbers of those states, leading one to question what would lead to such a sudden shift.

Stoic Patriot on April 25, 2012 at 10:26 PM

They are way more pathetic dishonest and childish.

cozmo on April 25, 2012 at 10:25 PM

+100

melle1228 on April 25, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Why should anyone vote for Romney? What does the guy actually believe?

casuist on April 25, 2012 at 10:26 PM

That 0bama has been a disaster that needs to be replaced.

Works for me.

cozmo on April 25, 2012 at 10:27 PM

leading one to question what would lead to such a sudden shift.

Stoic Patriot on April 25, 2012 at 10:26 PM

They quit polling ahole losers like yourself? /

Did you by chance get a life yet?

CW on April 25, 2012 at 10:28 PM

The Romneys got married when they were students at BYU. They were living in a $65 a month basement apartment with cement floor. The first son was born when he was still in college. Their second and third sons were born when he was at Harvard.

galtani on April 25, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Meanwhile, O’Bozo was born to a Marxist, nomadic kook and a drunken Kenyan student-novelty-experiment gone predictably bad; then wandering around with his single/kook Mom; then off to Islamist Indonesia to nibble on dogs; then back to live with his banker Grandma and Marxist do-nothing Grandpa in Hawaii.

Private schools and smoking pot, then snorting some coke at Occidental and probably some acid; an affirmative action placement at Columbia where he met Bill Ayers and hung out with some militant black segregationist Marxists, and then he ended up at Harvard, too!

Pretty much the same story for both of them.

Jaibones on April 25, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Mitts supporters dont have any interest in ” recruiting” you to our side. If that’s what you base your Presidential vote on, you don’t deserve to vote.

BettyRuth on April 25, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Another classic from Petunia. No one wants to be on your side, dear.

james23 on April 25, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Why should anyone vote for Romney? What does the guy actually believe?

casuist on April 25, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Given the relatively large number of people that don’t think Romney has a plan for the economy, as suggested by the poll in the article, I’d say very few people know what Mitt actually believes or else a lot of folks don’t trust his words.

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Basilsbest on April 25, 2012 at 10:21 PM

You are right. You deserve every bit of respect you have earned.

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM

That 0bama has been a disaster that needs to be replaced.

Works for me.

cozmo on April 25, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Yeppers.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM

So when a poll is not favorable to mitt then it’s a trash poll to Mittbots but when it’s favorable to Mitt then it’s a real poll and this is the beginning of the end?

journeymike on April 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Either she cannot see that she is the other side of that coin, or they are both 0bama plants.

cozmo on April 25, 2012 at 10:16 PM

They have to be Obama plants; or at least former OFA members with nothing better to do on a Wednesday night than try to annoy conservatives.

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Oh right genius, the Obama plants are not those like you two who continue to attack Mitt, but those who object to your idiocy.

Basilsbest on April 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM

They are way more pathetic dishonest and childish.

cozmo on April 25, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I’d put you bit*hes in the same boat.

CW on April 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Ta111 on April 25, 2012 at 10:24 PM

==

Shhh you’ll ruin StoicIdiot’s dream.

CW on April 25, 2012 at 10:30 PM

They quit polling ahole losers like yourself? /

Did you by chance get a life yet?

CW on April 25, 2012 at 10:28 PM

You mean normal Americans?

Well, if they started polling only pathetic hacks like yourself, that would go a long way to explaining the shift.

Stoic Patriot on April 25, 2012 at 10:30 PM

cozmo on April 25, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I’d put you bit*hes in the same boat.

CW on April 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I might be wrong, but I do believe cozmo is a reluctant Romney supporter.

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 10:31 PM

It’s funny. His GOP opponents actually raised serious policy concerns about Romney (gun control, pro-choice/pro-life flip flopping, Romneycare and the individual mandate), but all Axelrod and Co. can manage are Seamusgate, class warfare schtick, and anti-Mormon screeds.

Good Solid B-Plus on April 25, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I think there’s much more to this.

For the past 4 years, the DNC and the Chicago machine have combed through every minute of every day of Romney’s life. It’s just that it’s too early for the kinds of attacks they’re planning. Why waste them now when Romney would have literally months time to recover? When they’re ready, they won’t just be throwing a bomb here and a bomb there. Once they start it will be a sustained and rapid attack, one charge after another, trying to keep Romney off balance and making it difficult to effectively counter them all. In the meantime, they are seeding the fields with stories that are quietly percolating out there but haven’t yet really taken hold (e.g. Medicare fraud).

I think the primary purpose of these stupid Dog and Mormon stories is to assess how the Romney campaign will respond to attacks. Axelrod et al are observing and learning about the campaign’s strengths and weaknesses, etc. It may not work, but I think it would be a mistake to think that this is all the Dems have or plan to use.

Just Sayin on April 25, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Mitt, but those who object to your idiocy.

Basilsbest on April 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Hey sweetie, show me where I have attacked Romney throughout this entire campaign and I will concede you the point.

Until then, you are as full of crap as csdeven, bluegills and chupachudi.

I’d put you bit*hes in the same boat.

CW on April 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Then its a good thing nobody would ever trust you with the helm of MV Hot Gas.

cozmo on April 25, 2012 at 10:33 PM

cozmo on April 25, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I’d put you bit*hes in the same boat.

CW on April 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I might be wrong, but I do believe cozmo is a reluctant Romney supporter.

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 10:31 PM

It doesn’t matter that he is an RRSer.. He hasn’t taken the koolaid shots so therefore he is the enemy!

melle1228 on April 25, 2012 at 10:34 PM

I might be wrong, but I do believe cozmo is a reluctant Romney supporter.

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 10:31 PM

ABO

OMG

RRS

That’s me

cozmo on April 25, 2012 at 10:35 PM

So Melle1228, You didn’t “have a candidate”, yet you take every opportunity you can to rip on Romney…who is the GOP candidate, yet it offends you that I call Santorum, who’s “not your candidate” a sewer rat. Like I said, the emotional maturity of a 14 year old. I can SAY whatever I want, YOU don’t have to react.

BettyRuth on April 25, 2012 at 10:35 PM

melle1228 on April 25, 2012 at 10:34 PM

And I love rolling in the mud with nuballs of all flavors.

cozmo on April 25, 2012 at 10:36 PM

angryed on April 25, 2012 at 8:52 PM

So was ed just another stupid liberal troll all along, or did he suffer a massive stroke from the ceaseless taunting here as Sanitarium melted down?

Jaibones on April 25, 2012 at 10:36 PM

angryed on suicide watch.

Apparently he keeps repeating the expression “Tee hee” over and over.

profitsbeard on April 25, 2012 at 10:36 PM

When polling includes people who are likely to fraudulently vote then I’ll care what the polls say. Until then, I’ll just expect that the Dems will steal this next election.

shick on April 25, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I missed when the RRS acronym started being used. Someone mind filling me in?

I’d guess “Romney really sucks,” but that’s just me. =)

Stoic Patriot on April 25, 2012 at 10:38 PM

BettyRuth on April 25, 2012 at 10:35 PM

No I don’t bag on Romney. I have questioned Romney’s political positions like his position on student loans, but you can’t find ONE post where I got personal about Romney. I think he is probably a decent guy who is a great family man much the same way that Rick Santorum is.

melle1228 on April 25, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Just Sayin on April 25, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Very good point. I personally think the “Romney is a severe conservative” line from the Whitehouse has been an attempt to trick Romney into “defending” himself as a moderate/liberal Rino. They wanted him on camera saying something like, “I’m not a conservative, I didn’t even like Reagan in the 80′s for god sakes!”

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 10:39 PM

When PA is rated a toss up this far out you know the Dems are in trouble.

Del Dolemonte on April 25, 2012 at 9:29 PM

If the dog eater loses PA he’s cooked.

VorDaj on April 25, 2012 at 10:39 PM

missed when the RRS acronym started being used. Someone mind filling me in?

I’d guess “Romney really sucks,” but that’s just me. =)

Stoic Patriot on April 25, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Nope, it is Reluctant Romney supporters.. Or it could be yours if you add the “but he is better than Obama” acronym..

melle1228 on April 25, 2012 at 10:40 PM

BettyRuth on April 25, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Yet you have a problem with others freedom of speech. Why is that?

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I missed when the RRS acronym started being used. Someone mind filling me in?

I’d guess “Romney really sucks,” but that’s just me. =)

Stoic Patriot on April 25, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I coined it up thread: Reluctant Romney Supporters

There are a lot more of them than there are enthusiastic Mittbots.

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Sorry James23, I’ve had a couple different names in my five years at HorAir, but Petunia wasn’t one of them. She’s her own girl.

BettyRuth on April 25, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Yet you have a problem with others freedom of speech. Why is that?

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2012 at 10:40 PM

She has a problem with a lot of rights including the right to vote. Apparently I don’t “deserve” to vote.. :)

melle1228 on April 25, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Another HA35 member howling at the terrible news regarding Romney’s polling. And your study hall group is still statistically insignificant.

Bradky on April 25, 2012 at 10:43 PM

BettyRuth on April 25, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I’d think a lot of people, even those that didn’t support Santy, would find offense with you calling him a sewer rat.

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 10:43 PM

It’s been since 2008 and despite hope that a change would happen, BHO still hasn’t paid my mortgage or my gas bill.

I’m switching to Romney.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on April 25, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Czech Republic was supposed to switch to the Euro and they keep putting it off.

JPeterman on April 25, 2012 at 10:18 PM

wonder why :)…

jimver on April 25, 2012 at 10:44 PM

cozmo on April 25, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I am neither a dude nor a guppy. I wear the highest of Louboutins and the shortest of Chanel skirts. I like fish, but I usually have someone doing the work for me, but I would never eat a guppy.

Resist We Much on April 25, 2012 at 10:44 PM

melle1228 on April 25, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Dont mind her – she just wants people to plead with her to vote for Romney. Sad way to feel some validation in life but to each their own.

Bradky on April 25, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Bradky on April 25, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I didn’t say anything about Romney’s polling in that post; you might need to go to a doctor, you might be coming down with glaucoma.

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 10:45 PM

In this day and age wearing heels and Chanel skirts doesn’t automatically not make you a dude. Just sayin.. :)

melle1228 on April 25, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I’m switching to Romney.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on April 25, 2012 at 10:44 PM

You think Romney’s going to pay your mortgage and gas bill? I knew you Rombots were a bunch of freeloaders!/

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Bradky on April 25, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Surprise, surprise another Mitt supporter that doesn’t read..

melle1228 on April 25, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 10:45 PM

But you love to go on about how you will write in Palin and not support the party….
Go back to study hall.

Bradky on April 25, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Jaibones on April 25, 2012 at 10:36 PM

he’s been a ‘hope and changey’ operative all along, just undercover here as a ‘true con’ and Santorum enamored :-)…

jimver on April 25, 2012 at 10:48 PM

All right, gonna save a lot of time and aggravation here. This poll either is or isn’t accurate depending on who you support for President.

Even so Odumbass is still a douche.

Battlecruiser-operational on April 25, 2012 at 8:46 PM

THIS!

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on April 25, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Go back to study hall.

Bradky on April 25, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Seriously, glaucoma, look it up. You might have it, you keep misreading what I write. It’s a serious condition, you could go blind or worse.

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 10:49 PM

@Melle1228, Again with the passive aggressive 14 year old reaction. What I said was, if you are depending on Romney supporters to convince you to vote for him, you don’t deserve to vote. Vote for whoever you want, it’s not my responsibility to convince you of anything. And yeah, I think a candidate that dropped out two weeks ago and can’t man up and endorse the GOP candidate, is a sewer rat. Deal.

BettyRuth on April 25, 2012 at 10:50 PM

but I would never eat a guppy.

Resist We Much on April 25, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I’m with you there. They are damn hard to fillet.

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Mitt, but those who object to your idiocy.

Basilsbest on April 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM

cozmo on April 25, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Show me where I said you, cozmo, have attacked Romney throughout this entire campaign.

Basilsbest on April 25, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Basilsbest on April 25, 2012 at 10:00 PM

BettyRuth on April 25, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Happy Nomad on April 25, 2012 at 10:13 PM

bluegill on April 25, 2012 at 10:03 PM

^^A$$holes for Romney2012^^

You know, Mitt Romney spent six years and lord knows how many millions of dollars trying to get this job. I don’t think he would appreciate you people telling anyone who dares to be critical of him in any way that he doesn’t need or want their vote. He has shown in so many ways that he will do ANYTHING to get people to vote for him, and you are not helping. There has been no group to whom he will not pander, so you are wrong in being so particular about who is good enough to vote for him. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Night Owl on April 25, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Really? I think you need to worry more about dementia than I do Glaucoma…

I’m not staying home, I’m voting for Senate. I hate McCaskill. As for the presidential ticket, I’m going write-in. Palin/Jindal probably. I don’t care for the 3rd party options so far.

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Bradky on April 25, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 10:39 PM

And you know how during the primaries Republicans weren’t allowed to ask questions about Bain because if we did we were Communists or something? Well, we’re about to find out a whole lot about how Romney made his money, courtesy of Obama’s slime machine. And his record as Governor? Expect interesting things to be revealed as documents begin to come to light. (Operatives have been all over this state, with the full support and cooperation of Deval Patrick and his campaign.)

It’s going to get very ugly.

Just Sayin on April 25, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I’m switching to Romney.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on April 25, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 10:47 PM

LOL, not only are both sides big government types, I’m willing to bet I can ask for a Red Rider BB Gun too in an election year, and get one promised to me.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on April 25, 2012 at 10:53 PM

melle1228 on April 25, 2012 at 10:46 PM

It was the dress code two Fridays ago at my favorite gay bar. I must say they could walk in the heels better than I can now. Get an hour or 2 of “show off time” and it’s back to old lady shoes. Sigh.

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Resist We Much on April 25, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Useless without pictures.

And next time I will let bishop reel you in. Unless I am supplied with those pictures of course.

cozmo on April 25, 2012 at 10:55 PM

BettyRuth on April 25, 2012 at 10:50 PM

excellent point…

jimver on April 25, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on April 25, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I wonder if Mittens would tell you you’d shoot your eye out. Nah, he’s only ever hunted varmints with a slingshot, he probably doesn’t even know what a BB gun can do to a cornea. It ain’t pretty.

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Resist We Much on April 25, 2012 at 10:44 PM

you have spoken like a true European femme :-)…

jimver on April 25, 2012 at 10:58 PM

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2012 at 10:54 PM

LOL- I think most drag queens beat me wearing heels as well. I am 5 foot nothin, so those 5 inch heels make me feel like I am on stilts.

melle1228 on April 25, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Basilsbest on April 25, 2012 at 10:50 PM

cozmo on April 25, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Basilsbest on April 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM

You named two people, and i was one of only two people in your post.

cozmo on April 25, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Uh-oh, I can see the headline on TNYT: Romney loses election because “NightOwl” doesn’t vote for him. Sites “spite for all the Romney supporters that made him mad”. You’ll show us all, right NightOwl?

BettyRuth on April 25, 2012 at 11:00 PM

It’s going to get very ugly.

Just Sayin on April 25, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Yeah, there can’t more than a few….thousand p’od former employees of all those companies Bain decided were worth more broken up than to fix. I’m sure Obama and company can’t find any of those people to talk about how terrible Romney is.

And the Mittbots are mad at us for criticizing him now; wait till the real attacks begin over the summer and fall. It is going to be very nasty once this season gets going.

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I had oneZ! Was only allowed to shoot crows and rats. My aim is probably responsible for the booming populaton of both.

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2012 at 11:01 PM

You do realize that the primary is essentially over, right? lol

GOPRanknFile on April 25, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I was referring to all the joking there was on this very site back in 2010 about Mitt Romney endorsing people the day after they won their election.

Night Owl on April 25, 2012 at 11:03 PM

katy the mean old lady on April 25, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I had a lot of uncles and cousins, so when I was a little kid I’d get three or four BB guns every birthday. They were cheap little things, and I found if I filled them up to capacity (about 300 BBs) and pumped the gun a few dozen times more than recommended the whole end would pop off when I shot. It turned into a decent shotgun, but it would never shoot again.

I went through at least 10 of those guns before someone bought me a real BB gun, and I still use it to keep the squirrels out of my pecan trees.

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Night Owl on April 25, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Well you do realize he hasn’t actually officially endorsed himself, yet. I figure he’s waiting to see if anyone better decides to run.

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Poor VietVet_Dave, no one loves his Obamassiah. Hey Davey, snort some reality. For the first time in Barry’s political life he’s being judged on his promises. Sucks to back a loser, doesn’t it?

GarandFan on April 25, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Hey dude, gimme a quote. You either can’t read or missed a sarc tag.

VietVet_Dave on April 25, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Night Owl on April 25, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Oh, I know. I was just saying that it’s not unusual for politicians to endorse after the primary is over for whatever reason. I’m not going to rip on Perry like some others have. Perry was supporting Newt and now that it looks like he’ll drop out, he’s officially endorsed Romney. It’s not huge news, but good for him anyway. He knows that we need to coalesce around our nominee.

GOPRanknFile on April 25, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Yep. Exactly.

BTW, I take no pleasure in saying this. Although I do have an intense dislike of Romney and think he’ll be at best a mediocre president, I do plan on voting for him because I’m very much in the ABO mold. But that doesn’t mean that I won’t continue to criticize him for things he deserves criticism for.

Just Sayin on April 25, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I might be wrong, but I do believe cozmo is a reluctant Romney supporter.

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 10:31 PM

ABO

OMG

RRS

That’s me

cozmo on April 25, 2012 at 10:35 PM

…I THINK IT IS A DISEASE…A VIRUS!…the shots we took didn’t work and we’re doomed!

KOOLAID2 on April 25, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Honest question: would Sarah Palin have been so much worse than Romney?

I say no.

steebo77 on April 25, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on April 25, 2012 at 10:53 PM

No, it won’t work that way. Romney doesn’t need or want your vote if you can not bring yourself to it in an orgasmic fit of passion, asking nothing in return but to bask in the reflected glow of his awsomeness. Just ask BettyRuth.

Night Owl on April 25, 2012 at 11:09 PM

You named two people, and i was one of only two people in your post. cozmo on April 25, 2012 at 11:00 PM

My post did not claim that you had attacked Romney throughout the campaign – as you alleged.

Basilsbest on April 25, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Just Sayin on April 25, 2012 at 11:07 PM

If you take that attitude, you are no longer welcome to post at this site. Just ask BettyRuth. She now decides who deserves to vote and who should post here.

Night Owl on April 25, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Basilsbest on April 25, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Your own words.

Basilsbest on April 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Then who were you referring to as attacking Romney and being idiots?

cozmo on April 25, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Honest question: would Sarah Palin have been so much worse than Romney?

I say no.

steebo77 on April 25, 2012 at 11:08 PM

No one would be talking about the lack of enthusiasm on the Republican side. And Palin would laugh at Obama eating dog, while chewing on wolf-jerky.

And no one would be worried that she was about to choose Rob Portman as her veep, either.

And Carter wouldn’t be endorsing her.

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Honest question: would Sarah Palin have been so much worse than Romney?

I say no.

steebo77 on April 25, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I agree.

Night Owl on April 25, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Night Owl on April 25, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Eww.

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Night Owl on April 25, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Yes, I thought long and hard about that post, wondering if I would be forever shunned… But I thought I’d risk it. :-)

Just Sayin on April 25, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Basilsbest on April 25, 2012 at 10:00 PM

BettyRuth on April 25, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Happy Nomad on April 25, 2012 at 10:13 PM

bluegill on April 25, 2012 at 10:03 PM

^^A$$holes for Romney2012^^

There are those of us who might end up voting for Romney out of fear that it will be a close race and we wouldn’t want to be part of the reason Obama wins. The other side of the coin is rude, ignorant people like yourselves. What if you lose by a few? How will you know your nasty, crappy attitude wasn’t partly to blame? You can say all you want that anyone who takes what you say on an anonymous blog post as a reason to vote or not vote for someone is not your fault, but you don’t seem to care, so yes, it is your fault. I don’t believe you support Romney at all, or you wouldn’t go out of your way to be a$$holes, which you are. Night Owl on April 25, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I responded to an idiot who posted this

I cannot stand Mitt supporters.. Y’all are so freaking charming and gracious// melle1228 on April 25, 2012 at 9:28 PM

With this

You anti-Romney punks lost. Suck it up. And pull up your pants. No one’s kissing you there.

Basilsbest on April 25, 2012 at 10:00 PM

You must be an anti-Romney punk to take exception to my comment.

Basilsbest on April 25, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Honest question: would Sarah Palin have been so much worse than Romney?

I say no.

steebo77 on April 25, 2012 at 11:08 PM

No. And in some respects she’d be a stronger candidate.

Just Sayin on April 25, 2012 at 11:20 PM

You must be an anti-Romney punk to take exception to my comment.

Basilsbest on April 25, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Serious question: Should conservatives vote according to their conscience/principles, or just support the Republican party no matter if the party nominates someone who violates conservative principles?

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 11:24 PM

With this

Basilsbest on April 25, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Yeah btw thanks for validating my post.

melle1228 on April 25, 2012 at 11:25 PM

No. And in some respects she’d be a stronger candidate.

Just Sayin on April 25, 2012 at 11:20 PM

She’d have at least $2012 right now that Mitt won’t be getting.

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Night Owl on April 25, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Awesome. Pack your bags, Night Owl.

BettyRuth on April 25, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Go back to study hall.
Bradky on April 25, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Meh, the Mobys vote straight D all the way down the ballot.

whatcat on April 25, 2012 at 11:26 PM

You must be an anti-Romney punk to take exception to my comment.

Basilsbest on April 25, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I don’t like Romney. A lot of people don’t like Romney. A lot of people who don’t like Romney are going to vote for him anyway. A lot of people who don’t like Romney and are going to vote for him anyway have a right to state their opinion about the things he says and does during this campaign. Your and your ilk will have to deal, without being a$$holes about it. Do you think that our voicing our opinion hurts him? Why? You all said earlier that he was the most electable and that it would just be a matter of keeping his feet to the fire. How will that happen if no one is allowed to say anything critical of him? Why do you feel so freakin’ invested in Romney that none of you can take the slightest criticism of him without resorting to horrible personal attacks? No one is saying you don’t have the right to be an a$$hole, but just because you can doesn’t mean you have to.

Night Owl on April 25, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Awesome. Pack your bags, Night Owl.
BettyRuth on April 25, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Heh. Looks like you got an obsessed Moby who’s really fixated on ya!

whatcat on April 25, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Night Owl on April 25, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Well, if she says so… /

22044 on April 25, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Night Owl on April 25, 2012 at 11:27 PM

They just hate conservatives. They want to hold Romney’s feet to fire to keep him in line with their beliefs, not keep him following conservatism. If Palin were the nominee right now, they’d be screaming on every thread that they were going to vote for Obama to keep that ignorant snowbilly from ruining their Party.

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 11:31 PM

BettyRuth on April 25, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Did you ever notice you only comment when you have something nasty to say?

Night Owl on April 25, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Buckshot Bill on April 25, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I always vote for the most conservative candidate in the race – excluding those who have no realistic chance of winning – regardless of party.

joana on April 25, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Honest question: would Sarah Palin have been so much worse than Romney?

I say no.

steebo77 on April 25, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I agree.

Night Owl on April 25, 2012 at 11:16 PM

You’re both wrong. Palin endorsed Freddie Mac Gingrich. Then she called for a brokered convention. Recently she suggested that Col West , a good man but an undisciplined bomb thrower, should be Mitt’s running mate. She has yet to endorse Mitt. I am a recovered Palinista, but she has demonstrated very poor judgement throughout this campaign.

Even if she were to secure the nomination, which is highly unlikely, she would lose in a landslide to Obama.

Basilsbest on April 25, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Night Owl on April 25, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I humbly request of Allah and Ed that this be the first post on every remaining thread between now and Election Day.

Just Sayin on April 25, 2012 at 11:33 PM