New RNC ad: President Romney wouldn’t “slow jam the news,” you know

posted at 4:01 pm on April 25, 2012 by Allahpundit

Matt Lewis wrote this morning that Obama vs. Romney is starting to look a bit like a “Mac vs. PC” commercial. Here’s the RNC kinda sorta embracing that framework to make the point that what America has with The One is the policy equivalent of a Sad Mac. Lewis:

Republicans, of course, will claim the contrast favors them — that last night demonstrated a serious candidate talking about serious issues — versus someone “slow-jamming” with a comedian (while the economy crumbles).

But it also reminds me that the Obama vs. Romney clash creates a PR/optics problem for Republicans: Policy aside, Obama seems cool — while Romney seems more like The Man. (This might not matter. Voters might decided they personally like Obama, but that they want a technocrat to fix the economy. Sometimes we need The Man!)

Brand images, though, often outlast political campaigns. And from a purely superficial standpoint, the GOP — especially if Romney makes a milquetoast running mate pick — risks reinforcing its image as your father’s party.

Yeah, I’m not so sure that President Romney or even candidate Romney would turn down Fallon’s invitation to do a segment like this in order to pander to young adults and soften Mitt’s image as a patrician stiff. He sees enough opportunity to peel some young voters away from Obama that he was willing to break with congressional Republicans on extending the student-loan interest rate. Supposedly, he’s already considering an appearance on SNL. The only reason he might not do it is if, per this ad, he and his team decide to try to use Obama’s likability advantage against him by portraying him as frivolous and disengaged. That’s hard to do with an incumbent, though; voters see Obama at work in one format or another virtually every day. So the SNL guest shot is a fait accompli, I’d bet, although Team Romney will likely insist on a gag more dignified than this.

Two clips here, one of the ad and the other, via Greg Hengler, of MSNBC gushing so profusely over the “slow jam” bit that they felt obliged to half-kiddingly acknowledge their bias. Exit question: Would O have agreed to do this if he was as strong among young voters this year as he was in 2008? Remember, the Fallon appearance was scheduled as part of his two-day panderfest to college students and other under-30 voters. He’s worried about his margin in that demographic this time, especially given how high unemployment is for recent graduates. If embarrassing himself by playing Abbott to Jimmy Fallon’s Costello for three minutes turns out a few extra kids in November, hey.

Update: The logic of the ad in one line: “If voters think on election day that Obama is the cool one, but Romney is the competent one, Obama will lose.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

“Of Course We’re Falling All Over Ourselves”

Did she have a tingle run up her leg too?

Even so, the RNC comparison ad was a little long and a little lame.

How about a voice-over mentioning high unemployment among young people, including college graduates, then saying “Now this is what your President is doing for you” followed by a the slow-jam Bam. Then have Romney come on with his line about “This election is about the economy, and we’re not stupid.”

Steve Z on April 25, 2012 at 5:06 PM

I didn’t know that. I think he’s just disappointed as many of us are; I still like him. But if I find out he’s been a troll since day one (I’d be surprised), then, well… I’ll be bummed because I always thought he was a decent guy.

He admitted it outright during a major meltdown in an open thread a few days ago. He then proceeded to attack the military as baby-killers, argue that the mainstream media isn’t liberal but it is in fact biased towards conservatives, and mocked the Midwest as “boring flyover” country.

The prevailing theory is that he got too drunk that night and just let it all hang out unvarnished — even though it’s been fairly obvious for a long time that he’s a Kos Kid posing as a “true con” to stir the crap around here.

But yeah, he’s an avowed Obama supporter who’s been using the guise as a “true conservative Tea Party supporter” to troll Hot Air. He’s probably going to be banned within the next few weeks.

Sorry if you were taken in. But then that alone explains why he did what he did: the power that trolls feel in gulling a certain segment of the community into following them is what motivates them.

Esoteric on April 25, 2012 at 5:06 PM

newsflash: republicans are humorless a-holes

DBear on April 25, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Slow jammin’ on Jimmy Fallon, so 90′s not cool.

Rockin’ with Kenzi & Bo in ’12, coooool.

Ask any teenager. Get with the program.

MichaelGabriel on April 25, 2012 at 5:07 PM

newsflash: republicans are humorless a-holes

DBear on April 25, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Newsflash – Republicans know what is funny and what isn’t. This wasn’t funny.

gophergirl on April 25, 2012 at 5:07 PM

That was a good ad and I am hopeful the Romney campaign will embrace Romney’s “uncool” image and take this Presidential race seriously. He doesn’t need to be cool, just confident in himself and his message.

Daemonocracy on April 25, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Were there any people of color in the Romney audience?

angryed on April 25, 2012 at 4:11 PM

no, all the black props had been bused in for an Obama speech at a different location…

jimver on April 25, 2012 at 5:08 PM

newsflash: republicans are humorless a-holes

DBear on April 25, 2012 at 4:52 PM

you’re that and you’re not even a republican..what’s your excuse?

jimver on April 25, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Nixon appeared on Laugh-in.

RickB on April 25, 2012 at 4:47 PM

So why can’t SNL “sock it to” Obummer?

A bucket of water might have the same effect as on the Wicked Witch of the East in Oz.

Steve Z on April 25, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Key West Reader on April 25, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Key West, I agree he’s NOT cool. I find him completely ridiculous. My point is that it doesn’t matter if he is actually cool. That’s no reason to elect someone to any office, especially not President.

KateNE on April 25, 2012 at 5:10 PM

newsflash: republicans are humorless a-holes

DBear on April 25, 2012 at 4:52 PM

newsflash: democrats are a-holes. And clueless as to what constitutes humor.

HumpBot Salvation on April 25, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Esoteric on April 25, 2012 at 5:06 PM

What thread did that happen in?

Kataklysmic on April 25, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Slow jammin’ on Jimmy Fallon, so 90′s not cool.

Rockin’ with Kenzi & Bo in ’12, coooool.

Ask any teenager. Get with the program.

MichaelGabriel on April 25, 2012 at 5:07 PM

D-bear is the eternal adolescent, trapped in his 90s time warp..he still thinks that 90s are hip lol :-)…

jimver on April 25, 2012 at 5:11 PM

newsflash: DBear is humorless a-hole

DBear on April 25, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Fixed. Oh and this…http://thehill.com/video/in-the-news/222851-jay-leno-republicans-qlaugh-at-themselves-moreq-than-democrats-

H.E. Pennypacker on April 25, 2012 at 5:15 PM

this isn’t 2008, they do realize that?

rob verdi on April 25, 2012 at 5:15 PM

This is precisely the wrong track to take. Elections have proven, time after time, that it is the likable candidate that wins.

Romney should not be highlighting the fact that he is far too serious a person to be goofy on tv. What your average Joe subconsciously hears is this: I thought Obama’s goof on tv was funny, but Romney thinks he’s too good for that. I guess he thinks he’s too good for me.

I like Romney, I plan on voting for him. But unless he changes his mind about highlighting the parts of his image that are hard to relate to, he is not going to win.

Book on April 25, 2012 at 5:16 PM

What thread did that happen in?

Man I wish I could remember. I think it might have been in a “bad polling” (i.e. bad for Obama) thread of some sort.

Esoteric on April 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM

What thread did that happen in?
Kataklysmic on April 25, 2012 at 5:10 PM

He flipped out on one headline thread about Ann Romney. He began to scorn women who stayed home with their children as being “intellectually stagnant” diaper changers. At some point he began to make comments to the effect that if you opposed Obama it was because he was black. That’s when it became plain as day he was trolling – I remember saying something like “the mask slips”. I don’t know that I saw the one where he called the military “baby killers”. I don’t remember that revealing passage…

I do know one thing: I never liked him, never, ever, and couldn’t understand the thinking of those who engaged him as if he were their bff. I’d be under attack and the attackers would be blowing kisses to angryed. Oh well, I got the last laugh, and I take it as a compliment that he spent so much time attacking me over the past year because of my support for our presumptive nominee.

Buy Danish on April 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Incompetent Obama v highly competent Romney.

Ever get a job from a door to door vacuum cleaner salesman?

Speakup on April 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM

newsflash: republicans are humorless a-holes

DBear on April 25, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Newsflash: Jimmy Fallon isn’t funny now, wasn’t funny on SNL, and will likely never be funny.

Good Solid B-Plus on April 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Buy Danish on April 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I seriously think he gave his account to somebody else. In the past, he was highly right-wing and bashed Romney for being too RINO-ish to be our nominee. Now, he’s a typical elitist limousine liberal troll. Doesn’t even seem like the same person.

Good Solid B-Plus on April 25, 2012 at 5:23 PM

newsflash: democrats are a-holes. And clueless as to what constitutes humor.

HumpBot Salvation on April 25, 2012 at 5:10 PM

oh yes Ray Stevens and Steven Crowder are comedy trailblazers

DBear on April 25, 2012 at 5:23 PM

oh yes Ray Stevens and Steven Crowder are comedy trailblazers

DBear on April 25, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Well not everybody can be a paragon of humor like Kathy Griffin or Bill Maher.

Good Solid B-Plus on April 25, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on April 25, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Hmmmm. It never occurred to me one could do that, but I suppose all you’d need is the password. I did ask the other day if there were two of him, but I concluded he had a multiple personality disorder. Today he told me his race baiting comments are because Mitt and Barack are exactly the same so anyone who supports Mitt must be doing it because Barry is black. This was his way of demonstrating he’s a True Con.

Buy Danish on April 25, 2012 at 5:29 PM

oh yes Ray Stevens and Steven Crowder are comedy trailblazers

DBear on April 25, 2012 at 5:23 PM

You’re still an a-hole and clueless. Keep trying.

HumpBot Salvation on April 25, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I think people who come to sites like these are a little too harsh. No matter what side you come down on the fact that we even bother creating log ons and posting on political sites should tell us that were NOT the majority. Most people are living their day to day life and have neither the intrest/time to follow politics as closey as we do. Its funny everyday watching some pundit or blogger take some event and act as if its some life changing event when I bet 80-85% of them dont register on the mainstream radar.

I dont know about most of you but when Im around my friends Im usually the one that they ask about the current state of politics and I would bet most people who post here are that person in their circles as well.

Because of that I think the candidate that does the best at delivering a cool,calm,sufficent message in short sound bites will win every time.

That’s why I personally think Obama will beat Romney. Im in the cell phone industry and I compare it to the iPhone vs Andriod. In this case Obama is the iPhone and Romney is the Android. When I have customers who do their research due dillegence they come in and get an Andriod phone because they realize it really makes no sense to pay triple the cost for a device that offers half the features but the majority of customers will say that they want an iPhone. They dont know WHY they want an iPhone they just know its cool and they want one. Romney MAY be the better candidate (I personally dont believe either one makes a good president)but I think the majority of people are sitting down and spending hours researching opinions and stances,etc. Most people just go with what they think is cool at the end of the day.

Politricks on April 25, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on April 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I have to admit I do find Fallon funny sometimes. Like the letter-writing shtick. I’m usually asleep when he comes on though so I can’t claim to be a well-versed expert on his routines. I do know for a fact he attended an Obama fundraiser.

Buy Danish on April 25, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on April 25, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I have been suspicious of that also. Who can say?

I think the video clearly shows that Obama’s talents are wasted as mere President of the United States. Clearly he should be judging American Idol or something similar. They probably pay more money and he’d get lots of adulation. I’ll chip in a quarter to make it happen. Anyone else?

talkingpoints on April 25, 2012 at 5:34 PM

What is there, like a two-hour turnaround on these ads?

I remembered seeing something like that before, then it came back to me: Fred Thompson responded this quickly during his 2008 primary campaign — but that was because he was a professional narrator, and shot his own ads in his own studio.

It’s good to see that the RNC is FINALLY starting to dip its toe into the waters of 21st Century media technology.

logis on April 25, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on April 25, 2012 at 5:23 PM

ABRtardism causes LIBtardism.

Gunlock Bill on April 25, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Only the most delusional, Kool-Aid addled braid dead left morons still think Obama is “cool.”

Forget the Mac v. PC ads — the more accurate analogy is Mitt Just Got Real while Obama Jumps the Shark.

Dark Star on April 25, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Buy Danish on April 25, 2012 at 5:29 PM

My other thought was that a significant other of significantly different political persuasion was utilizing his name and password. My husband knows mine, but I can’t imagine he’d bother to use it, having a fairly similar political viewpoint.

Ed might also have a seriously undermedicated multiple personality disorder.

talkingpoints on April 25, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Obama looked like a thug. Very unpresidential.

kevinkristy on April 25, 2012 at 5:45 PM

The question is how many people actually want a president who will seriously attack our problems. We live in a culture of spectators. I fear there are plenty of people who are just fine with a president who keeps putting off solving our problems, as long as he entertains them. A serious approach to our problems means telling people they can’t have everything they wish for just because they wish for it, even when they wish really, really hard. I’m not sure how many people there are who are willing to accept that.

Jeff A on April 25, 2012 at 5:47 PM

while taking the “there are serious problems” approach is okay, i think the better approach would be to out and out say “obama is pandering for your votes!”

there needs to be an ad that shows newscasters saying obama needs the womens vote, then show libs harping about the war on women, followed by obama offering free stuff to women; then show newscasters saying the young voters are apathetic, followed by him offering student loan discounts and going on jimmy fallon.

i think it’s very, very obvious what he’s doing and it can be reflected in a 30 second ad very easily!

jetch on April 25, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Ed might also have a seriously undermedicated multiple personality disorder.
talkingpoints on April 25, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Yep. I just said as much. I doubt it’s a spouse. He claims to have kids and pays lowly peons to change their diapers but I don’t believe it for a second. His scorn for motherhood is so over the top he can’t possibly be a parent. I’m thinking it could be college roommate.

Buy Danish on April 25, 2012 at 5:53 PM

…Unless his “significant other” is his college roommate…

Buy Danish on April 25, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Buy Danish on April 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Yeah, I think I remember that thread now. I saw it and assumed he was engaging in a form of Bishing to amuse himself. I’m still not 100% positive that he isn’t a Libertarian just being an ass to pass the time, but that looks less likely by the day.

Kataklysmic on April 25, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Look, it’s the “look at me” president! The same guy who sat right under the “V” on The View. What a joker he is.

scalleywag on April 25, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Buy Danish on April 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I remember him calling them “those 18 years old dimwits” but I don’t know if it was the same thread. I do think it was the same one he started calling stay-at-home moms stupid and intellectually challenged.

joana on April 25, 2012 at 6:29 PM

DBear is humorless a-hole

DBear on April 25, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Sod off, buttboy.

Jaibones on April 25, 2012 at 6:37 PM

“Rocket Science”.

Jaibones on April 25, 2012 at 6:39 PM

That hostette who’s falling all over herself about Obama, whoever she is, is no different than the hot Cartegna prostitute in the bikini.
No, I take that back, the Cartegna prostitute is at least honest about whoring out, which puts her light years ahead on the integrity scale.

TXUS on April 25, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Good for the RNC. Ridicule will undo this president. He is so, so ripe for it, and it will drive him absolutely bat-shit crazy. Keep at it.

Rational Thought on April 25, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Bing.

Jaibones on April 25, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Listen, it wasn’t funny. So isn’t Dane Cook. So isn’t Jeff Foxworthy nor Larry the Cable Guy. Neither side has any taste in humor. Why do the Republicans want to make Romney look even more distant from normal people? Normal people have horrible taste in everything, otherwise Obama and Romney wouldn’t be the candidates. I don’t watch Fallon but he is popular. Just leave it alone, its pointless to make a fuss over a light event.

LevStrauss on April 25, 2012 at 6:46 PM

DBag is sounding bloated and irritable so the ad must be good.

viking01 on April 25, 2012 at 6:52 PM

RNC quickly jamming it in and again drew blood. !!

galtani on April 25, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Book on April 25, 2012 at 5:16 PM

You’ve obviously never hear of Richard Nixon. He won POTUS despite being pretty much the most personally “unlikable” politician in history.

Twice, even.

Dark Star on April 25, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Book on April 25, 2012 at 5:16 PM

I almost nevah post, but this one got me. I totally agree, but you know IMO what he needs to do?? Hire Sarah Palin as a consultant to help plan these appearances…she is a master at turning the tables on the media, and Mitt doesn’t have quite the imagination. Might be the perfect role for her! Just a thought. If anyone can make a Mitt Romney bit funny on SNL…

Chewy the Lab on April 25, 2012 at 6:57 PM

What a joke O is, clowning around like he’s playing junior high hookey, when we have such serious issues, to make light of them, when people are hurting. A clown.

anotherJoe on April 25, 2012 at 6:57 PM

My take is the Ø is just attention starved. He’s not kewl anymore and this won’t help.

In a good economy the likable candidate wins, I’ll grant that. But… we are in a horrendous economy made exponentially worse by government intervention so “likable” won’t mean nearly as much.

Mojave Mark on April 25, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Mojave Mark on April 25, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Just like Clinton, only stupider. NancyBoys raised by Grandma without a Dad. Sons of whoring fathers. Sissies.

Mockery is what he gets.

Jaibones on April 25, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Mockery is what he gets.

Jaibones on April 25, 2012 at 7:03 PM

YOU JUST F-CKING NAILED IT!

GhoulAid on April 25, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I can think of a myriad of things that the Obummer administration can slow jam.

Philly on April 25, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Yea, I agree, Obama needs to be mocked- and yet this wasn’t mockery. This was a piss-poor video and I hope they trash it and try again. Laugh at Obama, highlight his failed policies and the promises that he made but never intended to keep.

THIS vid, though, sucked.

Book on April 25, 2012 at 7:31 PM

the problem with Matt Lewis’ analysis is that it leads nowhere. Think of it this way: if the country is so far gone that CoolDude wins because he is sooooo kewl, well we’re toast (think Peron Argentina and dozens of other personality cults that litter history)

And second, Romney trying to be kewl would be a joke…and would lose votes, not gain votes.

I understand that columnists have to produce x words/day…but can we please up the game a little?

r keller on April 25, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Hehehehe…He’s sooo awesome Wes, I like to give him a tongue bath…Me too Alex. How bout you Jarrod….Tehehe I’d drink his bath water he’s so cool…

MaxSplinters on April 25, 2012 at 7:56 PM

So I guess OBozo was auditioning for the “NEW Arsinio Hall Show” starring Barry Soetero.

OkieDoc on April 25, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Oh please…. Like AP said…. Robama would have done the same thing. So it’s not presidential if one does it, but if the other does, that shows his “non robotic-side” (his “unzipped” side like Ann put it)?

I wasnt on HA in 2008…. Did you guys feel the same when Sarah did SNL?

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on April 25, 2012 at 8:03 PM

I’m just pointing out the pretzel you guys are turning into by defending Romney when hes facing his black bro.

Hypocrisy is not even the word.

#udeserverit

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on April 25, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Buy Danish on April 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM

wow, I haven’t been posting much in the comments for the past few months and missed this meltdown. I recognize the name angryed, but don’t recall the type of posts he used to make.

I do remember us having our differences Buy Danish, but I’ve been in support of Romney for months ever now ever since it was down to him, Santorum and Newt.

Things like this make me wish Hot Air had profiles for each poster so we could search their past posts with ease, it would be interesting to go back and read his past posts knowing what he is now. I haven’t witnessed his meltdown, but he could just be a disgruntled Romney hater turned troll.

Daemonocracy on April 25, 2012 at 8:17 PM

THIS vid, though, sucked.

Book on April 25, 2012 at 7:31 PM

You underestimate how little it takes for a narcissist like Obama to believe he is being mocked. This vid may not reach the height of your standards for mockery, and heck, you may be right that it sucks. But it certainly “mocks” someone with the grandiose estimation of his own importance as Obama. Otherwise, there would not be a meltdown right now by Brad Woodhouse, the Dem. communications director, on Twitter over the #NotFunny hashtag.

So, again, while you may most certainly be correct on what constitutes true, good “mockery,” you are demonstrably wrong on this video not being up to the task of mockery vis-a-vis Obama specifically.

Dark Star on April 25, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Jimmy Kibbels? Barry can’t get away from his dog days.

BHO Jonestown on April 25, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Were there any people of color in the Romney audience?

angryed on April 25, 2012 at 4:11 PM

More than in Obama HQ.

Jim Treacher on April 25, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Lately, I’ve gotten the impression that Obama acts like he’s running for either most popular in high school or the Student Body President of the high school.

cebj25 on April 25, 2012 at 8:49 PM

A BETTER AMERICA.

Unshackle it and let it breathe free again beginning November 6th.

“just glad ta be free, kno what I’m sayin?”

PappyD61 on April 25, 2012 at 8:58 PM

voters see Obama at work in one format or another virtually every day.

When would that be? The only time I see Obama he is in front of a friendly crowd in brightly colored union tees lecturing us on how we don’t appreciate all the good stuff he has done. If not then I see him golfing or on vacation with the wife and brats. I honestly (and I mean this sincerely) cannot think of the last time I saw Obama in front of a camera where he was not campaigning or vacationing. Somebody will have to point out that Obama at work myth.

Happy Nomad on April 25, 2012 at 9:04 PM

More than in Obama HQ.

Jim Treacher on April 25, 2012 at 8:43 PM

50 points and the win to Jim Treacher! LOL!

Happy Nomad on April 25, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Were there any people of color in the Romney audience?

angryed on April 25, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I didn’t take a head count, but one man directly over Romney’s right shoulder was clearly Hispanic. Of course, maybe he is “White Hispanic” which doesn’t count anymore.

Dark Star on April 25, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Daemonocracy on April 25, 2012 at 5:08 PM

I agree for a lot of reasons not the least of which is that the flying monkeys supporting Obama will, at some point, trot out the Mormon hate in an effort to get evangelical Christians upset with Romney’s faith. Mormons do not drink. They do not even drink coffee. Mormons stay married. Mormons believe in family. By definition Mormons are not cool by the parameters of popular culture. It would be a mistake for Romney’s campaign to present him as some sort of an urban hipster. The message from team Romney needs to be on the economy, jobs, and the future. The more they do that, the more petty Obama will look as he does the talk show circuit.

Happy Nomad on April 25, 2012 at 9:14 PM

If Mitt goes on SNL put him in a bit with Dennis Miller, Jon Lovitz, and Victoria Jackson.

And have someone like Five for Fighting as musical guest.

Yeah. That’s the ticket.

Buck Turgidson on April 25, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Has Obama publically denounced dog eating yet and apologized for it? His failure to promptly do so sends a message to many across the world that this kind of behavior is OK.

Swerve22 on April 25, 2012 at 9:52 PM

What if voters think that it neither could be further from the truth?

besser tot als rot on April 25, 2012 at 9:53 PM

A caller to a DC talk show this morning made the best strategic suggestion ever. Is cool really that important? Mitt’s surrogates need to attack hard now (Not Mitt because it would not look presidential). The word to college students should be, “Do you want cool or do you want a job.” “Do you want cool or do you want to be in debt for the rest of your life”. “Do you want cool or do you want to live in Mom’s basement.” “Vote for a real live adult.”

ironked on April 25, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Maybe it’s a case of Obama seems drunk and Romney seems like the sober Designated Driver.

Lourdes on April 25, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Or, maybe it’s more like Obama seems like the guy who leaves you with the check while Romney seems more like the guy who settles the bill, takes your arm, tells you how much he enjoyed your company and offers to give you a drive home.

Lourdes on April 25, 2012 at 10:28 PM

“Of Course We’re Falling All Over Ourselves”

I doubt she’d be saying that if she was looking for work. You’d say that too if it was a requirement of your job description.

Kingfisher on April 25, 2012 at 10:30 PM

…the Fallon appearance was scheduled as part of his two-day panderfest to college students and other under-30 voters. He’s worried about his margin in that demographic this time, especially given how high unemployment is for recent graduates. If embarrassing himself by playing Abbott to Jimmy Fallon’s Costello for three minutes turns out a few extra kids in November, hey.

I have a difficult time believing that anyone, student or otherwise, would find Obama in that bit respectable. Fallon was himself as usual — funny, entertaining — but the President of the United States “playing” the President? I was embarrassed FOR Obama when I watched that and that’s saying a lot.

Lourdes on April 25, 2012 at 10:34 PM

It’s so very very embarrassing that what should be a serious man in a serious job with other serious people is doing crap like this.

When did the presidency become a side show? I guess that’s Clinton’s fault.

kim roy on April 25, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I really, really agree with you.

Lourdes on April 25, 2012 at 10:35 PM

LevStrauss on April 25, 2012 at 6:46 PM

“So isn’t”? What the heck kind of expression is that? I’m either way too young or way too old to be familiar with it.

Daemonocracy on April 25, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Cheers – welcome aboard. The ship’s deck is getting crowded. Which is a good thing…

Buy Danish on April 25, 2012 at 10:45 PM

LevStrauss on April 25, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Yeah, but Ron White? Now that dude is funny. And likes scotch and cigars….

Ding-Ding-Ding.

Dark Star on April 25, 2012 at 8:23 PM

This may be the key play. The Boy King will only stand so much and then he’s going to throw a tantrum.

I hope someone gets it on camera when it happens.

Tenwheeler on April 26, 2012 at 12:25 AM

At time of those PC vs Mac ads,

PC had 95% of the votes, ahum, market and Mac was at 5%.

Go ahead team Obama. make my day.

huntingmoose on April 26, 2012 at 1:12 AM

newsflash: republicans are humorless a-holes

DBear on April 25, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Yes, the Occupy Movement (the anti war movement-public employee union shock troops in drag) is a laugh riot.

Love those comedic geniuses on the left. I especially love the whole smashing local shop windows routine. Leaves me in stitches.

rickyricardo on April 26, 2012 at 1:12 AM

“Slow jam”. Don’t get it. Must be one of those “black things” I’m not meant to understand. Good for me I don’t even make an effort to do so.

swinia sutki on April 26, 2012 at 5:59 AM

rickyricardo on April 26, 2012 at 1:12 AM

The rape and sex abuse didn’t have you chuckling??

swinia sutki on April 26, 2012 at 6:00 AM

Buy Danish on April 25, 2012 at 5:21 PM

joana on April 25, 2012 at 6:29 PM

I remember this because I called him out on it. I had not posted in a couple of weeks as I’ve been kind of busy over here in AFG and happened to see where he was calling us baby killers…despicable!

But I also strongly in believing people their right to say utterly stupid things revealing their true self…I know HA brings the ban hammer down on certain posters but I’d rather let them post so all can see what liberalism is really about…

g2825m on April 26, 2012 at 6:23 AM

Hip don’t mean squat when the “First Black Precident” ironically brings back slavery to the United States.

That’s right folks, Barry Soetoro brought back slavery. He’s enslaved millions of people yet to be born to pay for his tyrannical spending in his measly less than 4 years in office.

Robert Jensen on April 26, 2012 at 6:26 AM

Slow jam? Use a knife then. LOL!

insidiator on April 26, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Seems we have elected a comedian in chief who has degraded the office about as low as he can go. Doesn’t he have more important things to do, oh, like fixin’ the economy, givin’ away student loans, creatin’ jobs, and bringin’ peace to the middle east. He is making this stuff up as he goes along.

Kissmygrits on April 26, 2012 at 9:17 AM

How about f#*cking grownup vs. juvenile, worthless, incompetent boob?

Honestly, would you send a 17 year old “cool” guy out to take care of your family?

The “cool” guy meme plays to whom exactly? All those unemployed people in the younger age bracket? They are suffering too from this President’s incompetence.

Even kids know when the grownup should step in. This is one of those times.

Marcus Traianus on April 26, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Obama seems cool

Say what Dude?!

CorporatePiggy on April 26, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Policy aside, Obama seems cool

*gag*

When did the presidency become a side show?

kim roy on April 25, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Sad but true sign of the disintegration of our culture. TV is mostly junk, anyway. But the vast majority of Americans (I’m not one of them) are willing to shell out $60 or more per month for commercial (i.e., they’re paying for it twice) television.

MisterElephant on April 26, 2012 at 11:52 AM