Video: Lessons of Weinergate apparently lost on some people

posted at 2:01 pm on April 24, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

If one lesson in public life should have risen to the level of received wisdom, it’s this: Don’t publish naked or near-naked photos of yourself, ever.  Not on Twitter, not on Craigslist, and certainly not to your employees, especially those with spouses.    And yet … Judge Wade McCree of Detroit, Michigan, seems oddly proud of his picture — even after a television reporter shows up to ask him questions about it:

Court Bailiff: Detroit Judge Wade McCree Sent a Nearly Nude Photo of Himself to My Cell Phone: MyFoxDETROIT.com

A husband is upset after finding a photo of a nearly nude man on his wife’s cell phone. She says the photo came from her boss? What does she do for a living?  She’s a court bailiff. Who’s her boss? Detroit 3rd Circuit Judge Wade McCree.

Fox 2′s Charlie LeDuff shows the photo to Judge McCree.  The Judge seems quite proud of it.  “Hot dog, yep that’s me,” says McCree. Play the video to get the full report and to hear what the judge himself has to say about the photo.

LeDuff also talks to legal analyst Charlie Langton who says it’s possible McCree could lose his job over the photo.

Don’t miss the video, because what makes this story so special is the carefree enthusiasm of the judge over his own photo.  That’s not to say that McCree concedes everything.  He cross-examines reporter Charlie LeDuff as to whether his employee told him directly that McCree sent the photo to her.  LeDuff concedes that he only spoke to the woman’s husband, and McCree pronounces it “hearsay,” a technical term that probably won’t matter much in the court of public opinion — or in the court of His Wife, unless McCree wants to claim that his own wife distributed the picture clearly taken with McCree’s cell phone, with which the distribution almost certainly took place.

Remember, folks, that this demonstration of personal judgment has the authority to judge the actions of Detroit residents.  I’m sure they’re sleeping better at night in Motown after this.  The best part comes at the end, when the WJBK anchor reminds viewers that McCree often lectures people on the need to make the right choices in life, and seems on the verge of laughing out loud throughout.

Comments

Here cum da judge

cane_loader on April 24, 2012 at 2:05 PM

“Hot dog….” Obama’s instantly interested…..

search4truth on April 24, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Last one out of Detroit..turn the lights off.

d1carter on April 24, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Another piece of recieved wisdom is that man never learn from history.

eva3071 on April 24, 2012 at 2:07 PM

“… my people.” – Eric Holder

Seven Percent Solution on April 24, 2012 at 2:07 PM

any attacks on this individual are obviously racist!!!

Justice for Trayvon!!!!

PappyD61 on April 24, 2012 at 2:07 PM

cane_loader on April 24, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Gevalt. Thread winner, so early?

Rixon on April 24, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Good Lord…this is a JUDGE? Plus, he’s not goodlooking, he’s a dog. LOL

NJ Red on April 24, 2012 at 2:08 PM

And what was it Derbyshire said about avoiding municipalities run by certain people?

Proven right again.

quikstrike98 on April 24, 2012 at 2:09 PM

No way will that happen, because that would be racist.
But even if such a thing happens, the creep will end up on taxpayer dole one way or the other, as a Senator or something.

burrata on April 24, 2012 at 2:09 PM

He thought Wienergate was just about a Frankfurter.

Schadenfreude on April 24, 2012 at 2:10 PM

D D D Detroit breakdown…

M M M Motorcity shakedown

DanMan on April 24, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Stay Classy Detroit.

Well…at least we still have a World Class Walleye Fishery in the Detroit River. Course you have to avoid all the snags on the bottom of the River: cars, guns, appliances, Jimmy Hoffa…

GadsdenRattlers on April 24, 2012 at 2:11 PM

It’s definitely not hearsay to say that this Judge lives in Weinerworld.

Slainte on April 24, 2012 at 2:11 PM

or in the court of His Wife,

Good one, Ed!

JPeterman on April 24, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Good Lord…this is a JUDGE? Plus, he’s not goodlooking, he’s a dog. LOL

NJ Red on April 24, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Will Obama eat THIS dog?..

Archivarix on April 24, 2012 at 2:12 PM

“Lesson”?

Weiner has his own tv show.

ConservativeTalkRadio on April 24, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Loved the report. Is that reporter like that all the time?

“He is very fit.”

“Fit for what? Not to be a judge.”

forest on April 24, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Even if the judge comes out of it allright, Detroit is still screwed.

NapaConservative on April 24, 2012 at 2:13 PM

The issue here is one of optics. This judge isn’t in the same sicko league as Weiner. I think this judge wanted to show his awesome physique to anyone interested in looking. I don’t think he is hitting on young ladies with abnormal sexual desires attached to the picture like Weiner was. He just fails to appreciate the inappropriate nature of publicly sharing stuff like this considering his position in life.

NotCoach on April 24, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Yes..that reporter is like that All. The. Time.

GadsdenRattlers on April 24, 2012 at 2:15 PM

“Hot dog, yep that’s me,” says McCree.

Amateur!

- Former Congressman Anthony Weiner (D NY)

Flora Duh on April 24, 2012 at 2:16 PM

No wonder justice is blind.

ghostwalker1 on April 24, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Yes..that reporter is like that All. The. Time.

GadsdenRattlers on April 24, 2012 at 2:15 PM

He’s perfect for this story. Don’t know if I could take it all the time though.

forest on April 24, 2012 at 2:16 PM

There is a reason why I refuse to call judges, “Your Honor.” Such a term specifically denotes respect, dignity, something or someone to uphold as a paragon.

Such a term should be earned and yet our culture and judges expect its use out of hand.

I will call a judge, Judge, sir or ma’am. I will not call them “Your Honor”, unless perhaps I know them, and even then perhaps not. Only One is deserving of that title and only prideful people think of themselves as god.

I suspect Gateway Pundit is going to be all over this. Yech. Hopefully this is about as far as it goes with Hot Air. When you start posting nearly nude and nude photos because of a news event, is it to garner hits? Titilation? A prude perhaps I am, but I find it interesting when people who claim to be Christians have no problem putting such things up on their website in the name of news. You don’t have to post the photos. People can search if they’re really interested in seeing them.

Yeah, a high-horse soapbox. My rant is done, I’ve said my peace.

Hope the judge gets more than just a wrist-slap out of this.

Logus on April 24, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Last one out of Detroit..turn the lights off.

oh man the memories…1979 or so…hulking Buicks with no metal below the beltlines…a couple of guys with everything they owned packed inside.

We’d show up at work on a Monday and they’d be there. For months this happened. “Will the last one out of Michigan please turn off the light” was a common bumpersticker. The guy that showed up with a snow plow on the front of his truck will be forever remembered.

I’ve still got great friends here from Mi, Pa, Ohio that never went back. Oiler games were a riot too.

DanMan on April 24, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Tart reform is much needed in the motor city.

ghostwalker1 on April 24, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I remember when men didn’t have nipples.

Limerick on April 24, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Last one out of Detroit..turn the lights off

Detroit now has Pheasants, coyotes, wild dogs, deer, peacocks and wild chickens running around the abandoned fields and empty lots.

GadsdenRattlers on April 24, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Can I get an “Amen! Did I do that?!”?

That photo on the thread screams Urkel!

Christien on April 24, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I wonder if Judge Judy’s bailiff had these problems?

Maybe Judge Wapner used to send pics of himself to Bailiff Rusty?

portlandon on April 24, 2012 at 2:23 PM

The lesson of Weinergate is the First Lesson of Digging Holes. Weiner might have survived politically if he had admitted the truth on Day 1. Instead he lied, and then made even bigger lies, until it all came crashing down on him.

aunursa on April 24, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Can anyone tell me who raised these stupid ppl? Don’t they know about social media? Anything you show or say is everywhere instantly…….morons……..

angrymike on April 24, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Detroit,
where Kwame Kilpatrick cums from ….remember him ?

burrata on April 24, 2012 at 2:24 PM

This is typical Detroit politics.

Conservative4Ever on April 24, 2012 at 2:27 PM

She says the photo came from her boss?

This is either a question or a statement. If it is a question, its grammar is broken as f**k. If it’s a statement, why the f**k is there a question mark at the end of it? Isn’t this coming from a NEWS station? Aren’t the people who report news supposed to have a firm grasp of the English language?

MadisonConservative on April 24, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Just another distraction planted by the dem. machine.

FREE BO NOW!

Scotsman on April 24, 2012 at 2:29 PM

So weird.

Cindy Munford on April 24, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Good grief. Does this ever stop? A judge no less. Any guesses with respects to his party affiliation?

dogsoldier on April 24, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Black judge in Detroit? This will fade away in 3, 2, 1….

Why are we here?

peacenprosperity on April 24, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Somebody hold me back. I soo want a piece of that! /s

(Some) Men are so gross!

HellCat on April 24, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Black judge in Detroit? This will fade away in 3, 2, 1….

Why are we here?

peacenprosperity on April 24, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Sorry about the double post. It disappeared into the ether.

peacenprosperity on April 24, 2012 at 2:34 PM

This guy went to law school? Does he even speak English? What a buffoon! The “judge” is a caricature of a caricature.

SpiderMike on April 24, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I read the comments at the link… remind me never to go back there. Wow Detroit, nicely played.

I especially liked the ones who blame the recipient of the picture for the entire incident; blaming the recipient of sexual harassment from her boss is clearly a move I hadn’t expected.

Any chance we can wall up Detroit and make sure whatever they’ve got there doesn’t spread?

gekkobear on April 24, 2012 at 2:35 PM

I remember when men didn’t have nipples.

Limerick on April 24, 2012 at 2:20 PM

We’ve always had nipples. We just used to wear shirts over them.

forest on April 24, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Here cum da judge

cane_loader on April 24, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Definite thread winner – The very first reply was the climax.

Drained Brain on April 24, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Must be in charge of night court…

PatriotRider on April 24, 2012 at 2:39 PM

This is one of many reasons why my wife & I left that bitter city of government employee race-baiters in 2004… and took our tax dollars with us.

Last one out of Detroit..turn the lights off.

d1carter on April 24, 2012 at 2:05 PM

You’d be surprised at the number of government union members, gang members, Democrat party members, & freeloaders who come out at night.

Even if the judge comes out of it allright, Detroit is still screwed.

NapaConservative on April 24, 2012 at 2:13 PM

You betcha. And no amount of state or federal redistributed $ will ever change that. The only way to fix that city protect the rest of Michigan (& the country, let alone Canada) is to surround it with 100ft-high teflon-coated walls & a 100yd-wide moat created by a diverted stretch of water fueled directly by the Detroit river.

Danny on April 24, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Maybe Judge Wapner used to send pics of himself to Bailiff Rusty?

portlandon on April 24, 2012 at 2:23 PM

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Bitter Clinger on April 24, 2012 at 2:40 PM

if obama had a son, he’d look like wade. except not inverted from the mirror of course.

t8stlikchkn on April 24, 2012 at 2:42 PM

He sorta looks like Obama’s sone – if he had had one.

mouell on April 24, 2012 at 2:43 PM

My son managed to land in a job in the Detroit metro area (will miracles never cease?) and he and his fiance live a mile outside the Detroit city limits in Hazel Park. I have to ask him about this one. What a joke this judge is.

Bitter Clinger on April 24, 2012 at 2:44 PM

My wiener would look like Wade’s…

MNHawk on April 24, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Clearly, you are all racists.

FineasFinn on April 24, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I wonder if this violates their sexual harassment policy?

lea on April 24, 2012 at 2:45 PM

(D) or (R). I guess we can guess, but would be nice to know 4 sure.

LOL

txdoc on April 24, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Detroit: if any of it’s still there, won’t be for much longer.

curved space on April 24, 2012 at 2:48 PM

KenInCT ‏ @KenInCt Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Come find me on Stickam Shuffle! I’m playing now!

MNHawk on April 24, 2012 at 2:49 PM

That is one serious mole. Yeah, that one — right next to the eyebrow.

He’s already been punished, folks.

Prufrock on April 24, 2012 at 2:49 PM

“Lesson”?

Weiner has his own tv show.

ConservativeTalkRadio on April 24, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Yeah, people really need to get with the program. America is all about giving washed up losers money, tv shows, book deals etc.

Doing the right thing is not in fashion.

joey24007 on April 24, 2012 at 3:18 PM

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120424/METRO01/204240412#ixzz1szImZJEz

In response to allegations that he sent a picture of himself partially clothed to a married female employee, McCree admitted to WJBK-TV (Channel 2) that the picture is him and that he’s sent it to other women.

“Oh yeah, I’ve sent that out to other women, sure,” McCree told Fox 2 reporter Charlie LeDuff. “No shame to my game.”

McCree was first appointed to the 3rd Circuit Court of Michigan by Gov. Jennifer Granholm and has since been re-elected to the seat.

LetsBfrank on April 24, 2012 at 3:30 PM

And according to the Daily Mail, McCree is a specialist in sex misconduct cases.

You can’t make this up.

LetsBfrank on April 24, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Why does ever sentence end in a whine when they interview these guys?

right2bright on April 24, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Now its one of Detroits most “nortorius” family’s. He sent it to a married woman. Another incident establishing Detroit’s infamy during our times.

jake49 on April 24, 2012 at 3:42 PM

“Power corrupts…….etc” comes to mind.

timberline on April 24, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I remember when men didn’t have nipples.

Limerick on April 24, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Come to think of it, Adam didn’t have a belly button.

timberline on April 24, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Hahahahaha

This judge is really full of himself.

The BigSven opinion is: Mac Daddy judge is more offensive in his Mac Daddy tricked out office garb, worn for this FOX interview, than what is a semi-nude photo, of himself, in the cell phone… :)

BigSven on April 24, 2012 at 4:03 PM

dogsoldier on April 24, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Safe bet on that. If Republican, it would have been “BREAKING NEWS” on CBS, ABS, NBS, and CNNBS.

Alabama Infidel on April 24, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Yeah, what’s up with that? Didn’t we cut ties with a small island in Europe because we were not into that whole Royal Family thing. You even see small towns and counties with signs that say “The Honorable _______________.” Politicians are like college professors, if you give them an important sounding title, you don’t have to pay them.

Alabama Infidel on April 24, 2012 at 4:15 PM

You guys have no idea. . .. I have to practice in front of the 3rd (Wayne) Circuit Court bench. Some great stories come out of that court. Good for hours of laughs. It’s the only way to keep from sobbing at the shame of it all.

totherightofthem on April 24, 2012 at 4:34 PM

I thought one had to be able to speak English to be a judge.

derecho on April 24, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Obviously, this is a racist attack on the judge. If a white judge had done this, or a white congressman or … uh, … never mind …

hepcat on April 24, 2012 at 4:52 PM

I’d hit it.

SouthernGent on April 24, 2012 at 4:54 PM

If Obama had a 60 year old son who was judge…

The Notorious G.O.P on April 24, 2012 at 5:18 PM

No way will that happen, because that would be racist.

burrata on April 24, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Blacks will support him nearly 100% … end of discussion. If there was a judicial election tomorrow, he’d win.

Jaibones on April 24, 2012 at 5:19 PM

I’d hit it.

SouthernGent on April 24, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Finally someone steps up to uphold our reputation here at Hot Gas. Way to go, SG.

Jaibones on April 24, 2012 at 5:20 PM

“My phone wuz hacked” must have already been tried.

Gotta hand it to him for being so truthful. Quite refreshing from that side of the aisle.

TexAz on April 24, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I judge him to be another liberal idiot.

dthorny on April 24, 2012 at 6:30 PM

This country has become so evil.

I pray GOD comes soon and burns this evil away.

Steveangell on April 24, 2012 at 6:54 PM

If Obama had a boy friend, he’d look like Judge McCree.

Doncha just luv judges who strut around like pimps spouting ghetto slang? Really inspires confidence in the court. doesn’t it?

walkingboss on April 24, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I wonder if Judge McCree wrote for the Harvard Law Review?

walkingboss on April 24, 2012 at 7:39 PM

A deep blue city in a blue state!
I live here…and Blue used to be my favorite color.
Red used to be an angry color to me. I like red!

KOOLAID2 on April 24, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Tube steak! It’s what’s for dinner! :P

Sasha List on April 24, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Proven right again.

quikstrike98 on April 24, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Then why don’t you effin’ leave the country, farm boy? Cause guess what, your PRESIDENT is one of those certain people!

Salahuddin on April 24, 2012 at 9:09 PM

This is completely disgusting. Now remember this is Detroit…. this is what it has become. A disgusting soul like this loser will judge with impunity in a jurisdiction like this. Please everybody lets stay on top of this. He has got to go. They cant have it all ways…… Anybody up there just keep the heat on this idiot….

Squidly Diddley on April 25, 2012 at 12:27 AM

God help me, I can’t believe I’m saying this….

If someone (his wife?) had taken a similar pic (clothing-wise) at the beach and posted it on her facebook account and tagged him there for the world to see, what would be the big deal?

Ok, so we have a judge in Detroit that’s a dirty old man. Sure, he is responsible for making decisions that affect the lives of the locals. Is anyone here suggesting he makes bad decisions routinely? What are they? THAT would be a big story. Come on, are we really this bunched up over this?

Full disclosure….I still can’t believe Weiner quit. I miss him, if only for the fun it provided political junkies. No matter what you said about the story, it was a riot. I want my Weiner back!!!

runawayyyy on April 25, 2012 at 9:27 AM

NotCoach on April 24, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Do we have a “peoples award” for most inane comment on the thread?

If not, maybe the above one is in order here!

Trochilus on April 25, 2012 at 4:17 PM