Quotes of the day

posted at 10:45 pm on April 24, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Mitt Romney effectively assumed the helm of the Republican Party on Tuesday after five primary victories across the Northeast solidified his stature as the presidential nominee-in-waiting who is trying to unite conservatives and persuade independent voters that President Obama does not deserve a second term…

“The Romney campaign is aggressively looking into all aspects of the Obama administration, with a plan to present the president as a nice and likable but unsuited to solving the country’s economic challenges. Aides said they intended to keep the conversation focused on Mr. Obama’s record in the White House and not his personal biography.

“‘There is a pretty broad view that President Obama is a good family man and decent guy, but may be in over his head,’ said Mr. Gillespie, a former counselor to George W. Bush, who was brought into the Romney campaign this month. He said the argument against re-election would be built around the suggestion that Mr. Obama ‘has not displayed strong leadership, but failed leadership and weak leadership.’”

***

“The bad news for Obama four years later is that the first weeks of the general-election campaign have demonstrated that Mitt Romney and his top staff are not going to play by the same rules as the McCain campaign

“Many conservative bloggers and reporters believe that mainstream publications and networks ignore stories that make the president or his allies look bad. One of the few surefire ways to force the media to cover a story they would prefer to ignore is to have the Republican presidential candidate talk about it. In 2008, McCain’s refusal to do so was particularly hobbling, but the Romney campaign is, so far at least, proving more willing to highlight those controversial topics or ones best handled with a bit of laughter — and utilizing the later hours of the campaign news cycle to do it…

“The Romney campaign is approaching the coming weeks with a strategy of ‘bracketing’ — doing events before and after key Obama campaign stops, making Obama’s message for that event implausible, refuted, and silly by the time he delivers his remarks. Before an Obama stop, Romney will do interviews with local radio stations. Last week Romney went to Charlotte, N.C., to give a ‘pre-buttal’ to Obama’s acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention in September. Romney was supposed to speak on a rooftop with a view of the convention site, the Bank of America football stadium; bad weather forced his team indoors, and Romney spoke with a the city skyline behind him.”

***

“On Romney’s speech Tuesday night, Santorum said he struck the right tone. ‘I think he painted a strong picture. It’s one that’s a clear contrast to what this president’s brought this country,’ he said. Despite having once been his opponent, Santorum said the goal is to defeat President Obama, and he would support that. ‘This is about making sure we have the right person in the presidency, in the House and the Senate,’ Santorum said. ‘I believe he’s the better — obviously I believed I was the better choice. But I’m not in the race anymore.’

“Morgan observed, ‘Unless I’m mishearing things, you just endorsed Mitt Romney’ — a charge Santorum jumped around, saying he’ll be meeting with Romney soon, and then we’ll see.”

***

“If Romney wins the election, it’s almost a sure bet that Republicans win control of both the House and the Senate. And that matters. Right now, the GOP’s agenda is the Ryan budget, and that’s entirely fiscal: It’s a premium support plan for Medicare, and tax cuts, and deep cuts to Medicaid, food stamps and other domestic programs. All that can be passed through budget reconciliation — which is to say, all that can be made immune to the filibuster.

“So if Romney wins and the Republicans take control, they could accomplish quite a lot on party-line votes, even if their majorities are slim, and Democrats are opposed. Indeed, Romney could end up being a fairly transformational president for conservatives so long as he’s paired with a Republican Congress.”

***

***

“Four years ago Barack Obama dazzled us in front of Greek columns with sweeping promises of hope and change. But after we came down to earth, after the celebration and parades, what do we have to show for three and a half years of President Obama?

“Is it easier to make ends meet? Is it easier to sell your home or buy a new one? Have you saved what you needed for retirement? Are you making more in your job? Do you have a better chance to get a better job? Do you pay less at the pump?

“If the answer were ‘yes’ to those questions, then President Obama would be running for re-election based on his achievements…and rightly so. But because he has failed, he will run a campaign of diversions, distractions, and distortions. That kind of campaign may have worked at another place and in a different time. But not here and not now. It’s still about the economy …and we’re not stupid.

“People are hurting in America. And we know that something is wrong, terribly wrong with the direction of the country.”

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 9

i didn’t see the speech, so i’m reading it. This is a particularly fun part:

Government is at the center of his vision. It dispenses the benefits, borrows what it cannot take, and consumes a greater and greater share of the economy. With Obamacare fully installed, government will come to control half the economy, and we will have effectively ceased to be a free enterprise society.

This President is putting us on a path where our lives will be ruled by bureaucrats and boards, commissions and czars. He’s asking us to accept that Washington knows best – and can provide all.

We’ve already seen where this path leads. It erodes freedom. It deadens the entrepreneurial spirit. And it hurts the very people it’s supposed to help. Those who promise to spread the wealth around only ever succeed in spreading poverty. Other nations have chosen that path. It leads to chronic high unemployment, crushing debt, and stagnant wages.

them’s fightin words

r keller on April 24, 2012 at 11:17 PM

This strategy of bracketing is somewhat obvious, but could prove devastatingly effective.

stvnscott on April 24, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I am still watching Mitt’s speech..

I have the same smile as when Sarah gave her first speech in 2008..

Electrongod on April 24, 2012 at 11:09 PM

…nah!…can’t put lipstick on a pig!..Oh…wait…

KOOLAID2 on April 24, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Obama has finally balanced the budget. The national debt is now the same size as the economy.

Rusty Allen on April 24, 2012 at 10:56 PM

There is s Clintonian post card sized tax return in development by the Øbama administration. It has two lines:
1) How much did you make this past year?
2) Sent it in to the IRS.

ExpressoBold on April 24, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Sublime – Santeria

Towash on April 24, 2012 at 11:20 PM

i’m sorry, my wife has already told me once today not to dis McCain so much…but did McCain ever say anything close to this:

We will stop the unfairness of urban children being denied access to the good schools of their choice; we will stop the unfairness of politicians giving taxpayer money to their friends’ businesses; we will stop the unfairness of requiring union workers to contribute to politicians not of their choosing; we will stop the unfairness of government workers getting better pay and benefits than the taxpayers they serve; and we will stop the unfairness of one generation passing larger and larger debts on to the next.

no? I didn’t think so

r keller on April 24, 2012 at 11:20 PM

minnesoter on April 24, 2012 at 11:04 PM

You’re not the first to complain. The QOTD used to be where we had the best debates but now it’s primarily a small handful of Romney supporters that chit-chat all night.

FloatingRock on April 24, 2012 at 11:21 PM

ExpressoBold on April 24, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Haha, like the won about the robber who tells Obama to give him all of his money. Obama says “don’t you know I’m the president?” The robber says, “then give me all of my money”.

Rusty Allen on April 24, 2012 at 11:21 PM

It’s still about the economy, and we’re not stupid.

John the Libertarian on April 24, 2012 at 11:22 PM

…nah!…can’t put lipstick on a pig!..Oh…wait…

KOOLAID2 on April 24, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Obama has egg on his face..

But still a chicken.

I quess that’s why the roasters are coming home….

Electrongod on April 24, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Saddle Up,and so it begins!!

canopfor on April 24, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Mitt, prepare yourself: Long Hard Times To Come- Official Justified by Gangstagrass.

Gladtobehere on April 24, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I’d like to see the Romney campaign leak that Scott Walker is on the short list for VP, Sarah Palin for SecState and Col. West for SecDef. I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Metanis on April 24, 2012 at 11:23 PM

So you pizzed all over the floor on the open thread and now you are here. Why? Why are you here at all?

katy the mean old lady on April 24, 2012 at 11:17 PM

He/she craves attention and thinks a cheap way to get it is coming over here, squatting and grunting. I’ve sort of watched his posts on other threads for some of that intellectual acuity he moans about…..no joy.

a capella on April 24, 2012 at 11:24 PM

FloatingRock on April 24, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Haha, chit chat. All night huh, so you stay up all night reading our chit chat? Some life ya got there. Not even blue gill stays up to read it. She just complains in the morning. Besides, don’t you have a demonstration to go to?

Rusty Allen on April 24, 2012 at 11:24 PM

SWalker on April 24, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Btwn his comments about Martin/Zimmerman and learning that he’s a ‘Bircher’-THAT I need to confirm-I’ve no desire to see LTC West in higher office.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2012 at 11:16 PM

He has walked back his original comments on Treyvon and made it clear he doesn’t know the facts, said NotsoSharpton and Jesse Jackass need to shut up. And I honestly did not know it was possible to be a “Bircher” and Black.

SWalker on April 24, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Metanis on April 24, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Jindal for HHS.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Sublime – Santeria

Towash on April 24, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Sublime is one of my all time faves. This by them, too.

John the Libertarian on April 24, 2012 at 11:25 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Jindal may get as serious look for the VP spot..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 11:26 PM

SWalker on April 24, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Upinak mentioned last night(on FB) that he was-but I’ll have to check…and I’m glad he walked back on Martin/Zimmerman.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Hmmmm, doesn’t “Tucks” make a medicated pad for that????

SWalker on April 24, 2012 at 11:09 PM

….yes…but I think there is that deep heating type ointment on it…makes one rather uncomfortable and cranky.

KOOLAID2 on April 24, 2012 at 11:26 PM

1) How much did you make this past year?
2) Sent it in to the IRS.

ExpressoBold on April 24, 2012 at 11:19 PM

No no no, that was the Clinton 1040 Super EZ Tax form….

The Obama version has three lines on it.

1) How much did you make this past year?
2) Add 100 percent to that amount
3) Sent it in to the IRS.

SWalker on April 24, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Sublime is one of my all time faves. This by them, too.

John the Libertarian on April 24, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Great one. I almost posted it.

Towash on April 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Bret Baier is hammering Debbie Downer.

John the Libertarian on April 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Rusty Allen on April 24, 2012 at 11:24 PM

That’s the other thing: the handful of Romney supporters that chit-chat all night treat the other members like dirt and they don’t come around any more. Instead of lively, mostly civil intellectual debates, we have chit-chat.

FloatingRock on April 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Sublime is one of my all time faves. This by them, too.

John the Libertarian on April 24, 2012 at 11:25 PM

how about this?

uncommon sense on April 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Anybody watching Bret Baier beat Debbie Downer like a rented mule on Fox right now?

JPeterman on April 24, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I am still watching Mitt’s speech..

I have the same smile as when Sarah gave her first speech in 2008..

Electrongod on April 24, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I think I just vomited a little……ewwwwww.

tencole on April 24, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Bret Baier is hammering Debbie Downer.
John the Libertarian on April 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Yup. “I know what you’re NOT doing, what are you GOING to do?”

Rusty Allen on April 24, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Bret Baier is hammering Debbie Downer.

I have got to get cable…

Electrongod on April 24, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I think I just vomited a little……ewwwwww.

tencole on April 24, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Then step away from the keyboard…

Electrongod on April 24, 2012 at 11:30 PM

FloatingRock on April 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM

FR, join us in a little fun, you’ve been at it all day. Time to take a load off. Not all of us are anti social. :)

uncommon sense on April 24, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Pretty good speech by Mitt. Certainly better than watching Obama lie through his teeth in every other sentence.

Now, just ditch the stupid friggin’ signs on and around the podium. It’s lame when Obama does it and I loathe it even more when our side uses them…

Common Sense Floridian on April 24, 2012 at 11:30 PM

how about this?

uncommon sense on April 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I really dug those guys, too bad they vanished so soon.

John the Libertarian on April 24, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Hot Air has become such a downer. AP? I think you need to retire, dude. You’re depressing. Every time I come here I get more and more discouraged. Between the gassy old farts who dominate the comments with their stupid chat-room BS, and the intentional divisiveness of the the thread topics. … This place has gone to the dogs. Hot Air has become a detriment to the conservative cause.

minnesoter on April 24, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I read nearly every serious comment posted when I have the time. You have added less then you suggest. Google your name in conjunction with the sites name to see what I mean. You are with out humor and no great addition to anything I suspect. You type out the most unthoughtful and boorish stuff to be found here at HA. Recycled pomp, you show no creativity and a sour deposition. Should this site ever become like you I will wish to be banned and wear it as a badge of honor. You seek to suck the fun out of being a part of this site. The individuals that comprise this site enjoy and have fun. You know neither. Your overt hostilities toward the relaxed nature of QOTD is telling. There were 31 front page articles today. How many did you take time to read? How many did you bother to post a comment on. There were many times more headlines posted here at HA today. Same question. You come in and complain. I took you up on your complaining and took a descending view on your comment. Care to remind everyone here what your response was? I have it at hand and will be all to happy to post it for you. Just ask. No, I say you have in fact not been a long time reader of this site. Nor are you a preferable addition to it. Feel free to respond. Oh and OT.
Bmore on April 4, 2012 at 12:37 AM

The same holds true today.

Bmore on April 24, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Electrongod on April 24, 2012 at 11:29 PM

lolz..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 11:31 PM

JPeterman on April 24, 2012 at 11:29 PM

No, is it good? I’d like to see Bret take her down a bit. :)

uncommon sense on April 24, 2012 at 11:31 PM

JPeterman on April 24, 2012 at 11:29 PM

ROTFLMAO… Haven’t seen it, but then again, a two week old moldy piece of burn toast could beat SS-Waffen like a redheaded step-child, and she wouldn’t even know what was happening to her.

SWalker on April 24, 2012 at 11:31 PM

FloatingRock on April 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Here’s an idea. Why don’t you chill out and join us? Can I get you a beer or a glass of wine?

JPeterman on April 24, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I want to see Ann Romney debate the Mooch.

SouthernGent on April 24, 2012 at 11:32 PM

minnesoter on April 24, 2012 at 11:04 PM

You don’t understand how late night threads work. They’re on topic at first, veer off topic late night, and come back to topic in the morning.

Take a chill pill

blatantblue on April 24, 2012 at 11:33 PM

minnesoter on April 24, 2012 at 11:04 PM

…run out of toilet paper?

KOOLAID2 on April 24, 2012 at 11:33 PM

FloatingRock on April 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Stop crying for a second and enjoy.

Rusty Allen on April 24, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Metanis on April 24, 2012 at 11:23 PM

You must be high if you think wish/washy, flip/flopper, middle of the road, I’ll be whomever you want me to be Mitt, will pick any of those you mentioned for anything.

tencole on April 24, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Mittens Speechy HighLights!
—————————

Mitt Romney:
************

It’s still about the economy, and we’re not stupid. People are hurting in America – live video

We will stop the unfairness of requiring union workers to contribute to politicians not of their choosing – live video

Poverty will be defeated, not with a government check, but with respect and achievement that is taught by parents, learned in school, and practiced in the workplace. – live video

canopfor on April 24, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Bmore on April 24, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Good evening Bmore, can we offer you a drink?

uncommon sense on April 24, 2012 at 11:34 PM

JPeterman on April 24, 2012 at 11:32 PM
I’ve tried that. Tried being nice, tried offering a beer, tried just asking him to calm down. Doesn’t work, just yells at me about voter fraud and electing a Jew hater.

Rusty Allen on April 24, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I’m feeling very gassy and old right now.

John the Libertarian on April 24, 2012 at 11:35 PM

No, is it good? I’d like to see Bret take her down a bit. :)

uncommon sense on April 24, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Oh it was great. I’m starting to believe that Bret Baier is the new Tim Russert.

I’m positive they will rerun this hour long “election special”

JPeterman on April 24, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Bad link
Here

Towash on April 24, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Towash on April 24, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I’ve seen them twice live. Great shows.

John the Libertarian on April 24, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Mittens Speechy HighLights Part Deux!
————————————–

Mitt Romney:
**************
**************

We’ll stop the days of apologizing for success at home and never again apologize for America abroad – live video

Join me in the next step toward that destination of November 6th, when across America we can give a sigh of relief and know that the Promise of America has been kept – live video

canopfor on April 24, 2012 at 11:36 PM

tencole on April 24, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Oh, crap, a backlash…..

Tenwheeler on April 24, 2012 at 11:37 PM

JPeterman on April 24, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Yes!…I thought she had a makeover! What?
She’s wearing my daughters dress from 5th grade…and her mouth looks like a construction zone!

KOOLAID2 on April 24, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Good evening Bmore, can we offer you a drink?

uncommon sense on April 24, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I’ll buy a round of Sandinistas…it’s a local drink available at only two places.

Tequila
Shake of Worcestershire
squidge of sriracha

Shake vigorously with ice, pour, top with cracked pepper

And enjoy!

tom daschle concerned on April 24, 2012 at 11:37 PM

JPeterman on April 24, 2012 at 11:29 PM

That voice, not that voice, please!

slickwillie2001 on April 24, 2012 at 11:38 PM

FloatingRock on April 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Mostly because it is nice to have one thread without overt campaign rhetoric monopolizing everything. You do understand very few minds get changed on these political blogs, don’t you. It just gives posters the illusion of making a difference. Those that can’t face that reality come on here and whine. I am happy to welcome you here as an equal and valued contributor, but, I have no interest in hearing about Ronulian theory the rest of the night. Take yer shoes off, put yer feet up and chill. Tomorrow will come soon enough. Oh,..and give us a tune.

a capella on April 24, 2012 at 11:38 PM

The Latest Numbers!!
——————–

GOP presidential candidate delegate count:
******************************************

Romney: 823;

Santorum: 260;

Gingrich: 137;

Paul: 79

NBC News
=========

canopfor on April 24, 2012 at 11:38 PM

FloatingRock on April 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Better yet, since you support Ron Paul, how about a nice fat doobie?

JPeterman on April 24, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Towash on April 24, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Thumbs up for Radiohead..Two thumbs up in fact..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 11:38 PM

And put the bait bucket down….

For crying out loud.

Tenwheeler on April 24, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Good evening Bmore, can we offer you a drink?

uncommon sense on April 24, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I’ll have to take a rain check. Just got back in from a long day. Thanks though. ; )

Bmore on April 24, 2012 at 11:40 PM

SWalker on April 24, 2012 at 11:27 PM

OH! Last I heard it was still in discussion because of the unemployment rate! Has it been finalized or is it possible that line two applies to the 1%?

ExpressoBold on April 24, 2012 at 11:40 PM

It’s still about the economy …and we’re not stupid.

More to the point …it’s the spending, stupid.

The Ugly American on April 24, 2012 at 11:40 PM

John the Libertarian on April 24, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Just a quick sidenote..Has you seen the number of hits on you tube for Adele..Rolling in the Deep!!..O_O..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 11:41 PM

AllRighty MittBots/Non-MittBots(I`m kidding)

GoodNight Patriots,Sleep Tight,Sweet Sweeping the Election
Dreams————————:)

canopfor on April 24, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Fuel – Hemorrhage (In My Hands)

Black Swan song

Towash on April 24, 2012 at 11:41 PM

We’ll stop the days of apologizing for success at home and never again apologize for America abroad..
canopfor on April 24, 2012 at 11:36 PM

“I am sorry canopfor for telling your country that we would want your oil so that we can refine it….then renig on that word…”

I think one more apology is needed…..in 2013..

Electrongod on April 24, 2012 at 11:42 PM

canopfor on April 24, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Later friend..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Bret Baier is hammering Debbie Downer.

John the Libertarian on April 24, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I hope he’s wearing a …. protection.

ExpressoBold on April 24, 2012 at 11:42 PM

canopfor on April 24, 2012 at 11:36 PM

did he actually say that?…with a straight face? *groan*

tencole on April 24, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Adele..O_O..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 11:41 PM

She’s awesome. An even more talented Amy Winehouse.

John the Libertarian on April 24, 2012 at 11:43 PM

GoodNight Patriots,Sleep Tight,Sweet Sweeping the Election
Dreams————————:)

canopfor on April 24, 2012 at 11:41 PM

DAng…just before I posted to you…

Electrongod on April 24, 2012 at 11:43 PM

She’s awesome. An even more talented Amy Winehouse.

John the Libertarian on April 24, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I hear you..Without the problems Amy had..God rest her soul..)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 11:45 PM

minnesoter on April 24, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Take a chill pill

blatantblue on April 24, 2012 at 11:33 PM

…that’s why I love the people at Hot Air! …they are for the most part…polite and civil….You don’t see that in Dems much!

.But!…then there’s always the childish one…HEY! mini-pad……why don’t you just stick yer head where yer colon is working…and just phart!…….Thank you! I luv you!

KOOLAID2 on April 24, 2012 at 11:45 PM

uncommon sense on April 24, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Nothing personal against those of you who treat others with civility, but HotAir really was a lot better in the old days before the QOTD became a full fledged chat room. I haven’t complained because I’m tolerant and things change, maybe that’s what people want, but even though there are more comments than ever on the QOTD, there is only a handful of people making most of the comments and there is very little on topic conversation. In the old days there were a lot more people who would participate in the QOTD threads, each of whom would make fewer, more substantive comments that were on topic.

But maybe the old members moved on for other reasons and the chit chat is what people want now. Since somebody complained and I’ve heard other complaints, I thought I would defend Minnesoter instead of piling on with the insults and rude comments that the Romney people so enjoy.

FloatingRock on April 24, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I hope he’s wearing a …. protection.

ExpressoBold on April 24, 2012 at 11:42 PM

1970 was a VERY good year-especially the later part of it.
*Baier was born in August, MM was born in late October…I was born in late October…LoL*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Mitt is on the right track.

Firm. Unapologetic.

Not getting personal. Keeping it on policy, and staying optimistic.

blatantblue on April 24, 2012 at 11:47 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 24, 2012 at 11:45 PM

We’re totally Em effing civil, you moronic butthead!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2012 at 11:48 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 24, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I think libs work too hard and tucker out early….

Electrongod on April 24, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Bmore on April 4, 2012 at 12:37 AM

The same holds true today.

Bmore on April 24, 2012 at 11:30 PM

+10E12

ExpressoBold on April 24, 2012 at 11:49 PM

FloatingRock on April 24, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Threads that are posted later on in the evening generally are on topic at first, get chit chatty in the late hours, and then move back on topic in the AM.

blatantblue on April 24, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Mitt is on the right track.

Firm. Unapologetic.

Not getting personal. Keeping it on policy, and staying optimistic.

blatantblue on April 24, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Give him a few days….he’ll flop back to his old self.

tencole on April 24, 2012 at 11:49 PM

We’re totally Em effing civil, you moronic butthead!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2012 at 11:48 PM

What she said :)

Electrongod on April 24, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Better yet, since you support Ron Paul, how about a nice fat doobie?

JPeterman on April 24, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Good example. HotAir was a much cooler place with a better clientele in the old days. We used to debate the issues and there was always some personal conflict but now it’s just a bunch of trolls who don’t even try to treat other people with a reasonable amount of civility. And the trolls don’t even contribute anything useful to the conversation, they just chit-chat and insult anybody who interferes with their little world.

FloatingRock on April 24, 2012 at 11:49 PM

minnesoter on April 24, 2012 at 11:04 PM

minnesoter:I am wondering if your honest and legit,or just trying
to rile up AP,and are nothing more than a plant,with
an inflitration just before the Presidential Election,
as alot(Of old farts)bring info,illuminating the screw
-ups/corruption/and criminal activities of the Liberal,
and now,Obamas Party of Progressive Socialists!!

I for one have been spanked,and it makes me awfully
nervous to(Chit-chat)!!!

GoodNight once again,fellow H/A`’ers!:)

canopfor on April 24, 2012 at 11:49 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 24, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I think libs work too hard and tucker out early….

Electrongod on April 24, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Ya, there is something humorous about watching people complain about others incivility as they insult those who they are complaining about supposed lack of civility.

SWalker on April 24, 2012 at 11:51 PM

ive him a few days….he’ll flop back to his old self.

tencole on April 24, 2012 at 11:49 PM

ten bucks and a case of beer says you’re wrong!

blatantblue on April 24, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Oh goody. Another 4yrs of the dog eater. Flopney will not win. Say good-bye to our beloved Republic.

shelly99032 on April 24, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Rapid-Response Romney
By Jim Geraghty

Not worth reading.

His memory is worthless.

McCain only kept a few things off limits. McCain attacked with no problem in other areas. These are still off limits. No BC talk, No Hussine talk. No Jeremiah Wright talk. Have not heard Mitt on any of these.

Mitt is worst than McCain IMHO McCain would NOT have supported the Student Loan College enrichment scheme.

Steveangell on April 24, 2012 at 11:51 PM

canopfor on April 24, 2012 at 11:49 PM

+ 100..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 11:51 PM

did he actually say that?…with a straight face? *groan*

tencole on April 24, 2012 at 11:42 PM

So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You’re like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know…

John the Libertarian on April 24, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I’m nice to everyone.

Rusty Allen on April 24, 2012 at 11:52 PM

GoodNight once again,fellow H/A`’ers!:)

canopfor on April 24, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Good night…friend..

NOW TURN OFF THAT MONITOR….

I see you….glancing at the warm glow….

Electrongod on April 24, 2012 at 11:52 PM

FloatingRock on April 24, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Gimme a break.
I’ve been here 5 1/2 years. HA had good and bad points then-and the same holds true now.
I LIKE the QOTD because we CAN let our hair down with out risking AP’s or Ed’s wrath.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 24, 2012 at 11:52 PM

It’s still about the economy, and we’re not stupid.John the Libertarian on April 24, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I’m thinking this one is going to resonate throughout the land, and on a LOT of bumper stickers…

StarLady on April 24, 2012 at 11:52 PM

John the Libertarian on April 24, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Donny, you’re out of your element!

Rusty Allen on April 24, 2012 at 11:53 PM