Pollmania: Obama leads Romney by seven nationally, by nine in New Hampshire

posted at 4:01 pm on April 24, 2012 by Allahpundit

Second look at dog-eating?

That’s the biggest lead he’s had against Romney dating back to last August. Follow the link and scroll down and you’ll see that it’s independents who are driving it, flipping from a 45/39 split in favor of Mitt 10 days ago to a 45/43 in favor of O. Gallup reasons that a dip in gas prices must be behind it, but the dip we’re talking about here is roughly five cents in the national average. Hard to believe you’d see a poll effect this dramatic because of something as meager as that. I think what we’re looking at here is a very noisy poll.

Not sure about this one, though:

The WMUR Granite State Poll shows Obama leading Romney 51 to 42 percent [in New Hampshire]. That’s close to the 10-point lead Obama had over Romney in December…

The results are a dramatic flip from October, when Romney led Obama 50 to 42 percent. Smith said that shows the Democratic base is mobilizing…

The poll shows a mixed picture in terms of the president’s approval rating in the Granite State. Fifty percent said they approved of the job Obama is doing, while 47 percent said they disapproved. The gap has shrunk a bit since February, when 51 percent said they approved and 43 percent disapproved.

I don’t understand the “Democratic base is mobilizing” logic when it comes to polls. Their base would have answered this question the same way in October as they’re answering now. It’s more likely that Romney’s numbers have shrunk because, thanks to six months of a bitter GOP primary, indies know him better now than they did then and some don’t like what they see. That’s not a disaster — conservative Super PACs will begin the attack ad carpet-bombing campaign against O soon enough — but surely no one’s thrilled to see Mitt start the general election this far back in his own backyard. Nominating a “Massachusetts moderate” was supposed to help Republicans put northeastern states in play, states like New Hampshire and … er, realistically I guess that’s it.

I have a powerful eeyorish urge to go curl up in the fetal position so I’m going to go do that now. Here’s something to entertain yourself with, though — a new election model from WaPo that purports to predict the likelihood of an Obama victory or defeat based on two simple indicators, economic growth over the first three quarters of this year and his approval rating in June. In order to knock his chances of reelection below 50 percent, you need zero percent growth and a job approval of 45 percent. Possible, but not likely.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7

You do know where JPeterman is from??..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Do you know where I am from?

You certainly are a master of irrelevance today.

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:13 PM

riddick on April 24, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Okay..But JPeterman knows what communism is..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Maybe, but I swear ever post I see about polls from this guy is only when Obama is ahead in the poll…

There are plenty of polls with Romney ahead and I can’t remember the last time he cited one of those…

MGardner on April 24, 2012 at 7:06 PM

dunno, he’s a pessimist by nature, a downer…or simply he takes that Jewish saying seriously (I do too, sometimes, I must confess :-) ‘Hope for the best, prepare for the worst’…

jimver on April 24, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Wisconsin..Talking to her “Union Brothers”..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Love Scot Walker.

Please support him everyone.

Steveangell on April 24, 2012 at 7:14 PM

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:13 PM

I don’t care where your from..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Let me ask you this:

1. Is it worth it to repeal Obamacare.

LevinFan on April 24, 2012 at 6:35 PM

if you guys wanted to run against Obamacare you shouldn’t have nominated it’s architect.

that plus your A-Team (Christie, Rubio, Jindal and yes Palin) sitting on the bench are why you guys are going to lose.

DBear on April 24, 2012 at 7:15 PM

They have been “crucifying” Hussein since Day 1, care to point out how that helped us?

riddick on April 24, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Hussein declared war on FoxNews and conserative talk radio.

Romney is always on Foxnews and often on Hannity.

LevinFan on April 24, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Do you know where I am from?

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:13 PM

nooo, do tell….

jimver on April 24, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Okay..But JPeterman knows what communism is..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Most apparently he does NOT since I won that argument hands down.

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Nice job of capitulation there!

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:11 PM

No capulation..I don’t give media matters none either..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:16 PM

DBear on April 24, 2012 at 7:15 PM

We will all lose.

Mitt is the problem. Not a solution.

Steveangell on April 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Sure I will /s

riddick on April 24, 2012 at 7:07 PM

When everyone else is a traitor or a RINO, yes, you will.

You don’t appear to play well with others.

Red Cloud on April 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:15 PM

LOLz..What did you win??..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Wisconsin..Talking to her “Union Brothers”..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Now that’s plain week and disingenuous….

I was there. Palin was talking to the TeaParty as well as the union goons about how she was once a member of a union and Todd still is. She was talking about how their union bosses were really working against them.

You are really struggling…

Too funny..:)

idesign on April 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Here’s my logic. I don’t know ANYBODY or know of anybody who didn’t vote for Ø in 2008 who’s going to vote for him this time. I know, and know of, many people who voted for him in ’08 who will NOT be voting for Ø this time.

I just don’t see how the big Ø wins it. Carter was way ahead too.

Mojave Mark on April 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Love Scot Walker.

Please support him everyone.

Steveangell on April 24, 2012 at 7:14 PM

what no, support Walker, that progressive Republican, no way, outrage, WE’re going to vote him out to get a purer and truer conservative next time around :-)…

jimver on April 24, 2012 at 7:18 PM

idesign on April 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Degrees of moderation by all..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:19 PM

But, of course. I am sure Romney’s campaign manager is a bit more privy to this information that you and I. And yet… You obviously missed the slip by his campaign manager a few weeks back.

riddick on April 24, 2012 at 7:09 PM

What are you referring to?

I heard the Etch a Sketch thing and one of the advisors saying he didn’t think Romney would repeal it (that was months ago though).

LevinFan on April 24, 2012 at 7:19 PM

I just don’t see how the big Ø wins it. Carter was way ahead too.

Mojave Mark on April 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM

simplest, most logical argument why The Once will not win in Nov…thanks, you made my day….

jimver on April 24, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I don’t care where your from..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:15 PM

OF COURSE YOU DON’T, and the reason for that is because it is IRRELEVANT!

nooo, do tell….

jimver on April 24, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Since you asked, I am from the liberal enclave known as ChiTcago. I grew up there and learned how liberals operate first hand.

Over 20 years ago I moved out of the state because I recognized it was headed into a socialist hell voted for by the people with seemingly smaller IQ’s than mine.

I honestly do not consider myself to be a very intelligent man, but liberals don’t have the sense to run out of a burning barn. Neither do the people supporting Romney today.

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:20 PM

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Good deal..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:21 PM

LOLz..What did you win??..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I won the argument by proving beyond any shadow of a doubt that Communists are indeed Socialists.

Please do try to keep up with the rest of us.

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:21 PM

jimver on April 24, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Sorry, I live in Wisconsin ….

Palin was in Madision, rallying for Scott in 2011.

Where was Romney?

idesign on April 24, 2012 at 7:22 PM

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:21 PM

JPeterman is from the Former Czech Republic..Are you sure you won?..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Please do try to keep up with the rest of us.

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:21 PM

It is hard to keep up with you I admit..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Degrees of moderation by all..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Where did Palin moderate her position?

I call you out as a liar..:)

idesign on April 24, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Good deal..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Thank you.

Perhaps you can now understand my TOTAL hatred of socialism and the liberals that ram that down our throats. I really liked ChiTcago, but the liberals have made it a #$%@! hellhole to live in today.

[insert cusses and other flourishments here]

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:25 PM

LevinFan on April 24, 2012 at 7:19 PM

You should rephrase that. The adviser said Romney will not repeal HusseinCare, not that he thinks Romney will not repeal it. Very different things.

riddick on April 24, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I call you out as a liar..:)

idesign on April 24, 2012 at 7:25 PM

You wouldn’t understand..:)

PS..Is Alaska a right to work state?..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Yea this is a reconizable poll hahaha how about this Rasmussen poll today

A president’s Job Approval rating is one of the best indicators for assessing his chances of reelection. Typically, the president’s Job Approval rating on Election Day will be close to the share of the vote he receives. Currently, 46% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the president’s job performance. Fifty-three percent (53%) at least somewhat disapprove.

Conservative4ev on April 24, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Most public election polling is bullsh*t.

But a review of the late 1980 polls shows that while Reagan soared over the final week (following the campaign’s one and only debate on Oct. 29), the contest up until that point was tightly competitive, not trending toward the incumbent Democratic president. At the time, the Associated Press reported “new polls say the race between the two men remains too close to call.”

jaime on April 24, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Some of these sock puppets would have you believe Romney is left of Obama.

That IS a tasty dog!

LOL!!!

Roy Rogers on April 24, 2012 at 7:30 PM

A story today suggests Reagan trailed then-President Jimmy Carter by eight percentage points in late October, and that, when paired with Reagan’s 10 point win on Election Day, would have made for a remarkable turnabout.

jaime on April 24, 2012 at 7:30 PM

It is hard to keep up with you I admit..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I apologize for that.

I know that I’ve become over educated on political matters which causes me to appear as either a bloody know-it-all, or an arrogant SOB. I do not dislike anyone here, but some of their ideas are maddening at best.

I often wonder why Americans cannot learn from the mistakes made in our past. I now know it is because of their not caring enough to pay attention to politics, history, and all it entails. IMHO, that is how we ended up with 0bama and may end up with Romney.

Americans do not LOSE their rights or freedoms. They give them away at the ballot box.

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:31 PM

JPeterman is from the Former Czech Republic..Are you sure you won?..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:23 PM

He is still wrong. Take it from someone who lived in USSR. Those guys had an easy life when compared to ours.

Oh, and by the way, back then it was Czechoslovakia, not Czech Republic. Try to keep up with world events.

riddick on April 24, 2012 at 7:32 PM

jimver on April 24, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Must have missed that.

Scott running the the left of his challenger and then being a huge help to the Unions after he won.

I thought Scott was proud to be a Republican. Totally against the big spending ways of the Unions. In other words the opposite of Mitt.

Mitt is a Democrat. Simple as that.

If you are a Republican you are proud of your party when you run for office. You do NOT refer to it as a “technicality” just ten short years ago.

Mitt is NOT a Republican he is a RAT.

Steveangell on April 24, 2012 at 7:33 PM

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I hear you..I recommend Dr Tesla as a friend..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:33 PM

You wouldn’t understand..:)

PS..Is Alaska a right to work state?..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:28 PM

You’re right, I don’t understand..:)

I will never understand squishy RINOS!

and there are 23 right to work States, all in the south.

idesign on April 24, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Some of these sock puppets would have you believe Romney is left of Obama.

Roy Rogers on April 24, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I personally do not subscribe to that silly notion, but which came first? 0bamacare or Romneycare? Which program is based on the other?

Can one be a socialist program while the other is not? Absolutely no!

Which of these programs have cost more than predicted? Both!

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I hear you..I recommend Dr Tesla as a friend..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I’ve played with Tesla. Sometimes he makes relevant points. Other times I prove him wrong.

Such fun! /s

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:35 PM

riddick on April 24, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Sorry I wasn’t there!..I am sure you know what you are talking about..But I think JPeterman speaks from some common life experiences..:)

PS..Glad you are in USA..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:36 PM

JPeterman is from the Former Czech Republic..Are you sure you won?..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I’ll be glad to share the links to the debate if you wish, but you could read through the previous page to see what happened.

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Sorry, I live in Wisconsin ….

idesign on April 24, 2012 at 7:22 PM

D@mn right you’re sorry! How goes the Walker Derangement Syndrome?

Roy Rogers on April 24, 2012 at 7:37 PM

idesign on April 24, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Trust me..Everyone moderates at times..:)

PS..Didn’t Sarah endorse McCain for Senate when a more conservative person ran against him??..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:38 PM

We will all lose.

Mitt is the problem. Not a solution.

Steveangell on April 24, 2012 at 7:17 PM

+1000

alwaysfiredup on April 24, 2012 at 7:39 PM

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Not easily.

This battle took 100 years.

Give women the vote even longer than that. Women should NOT have the right to vote nor men unless they own land and know what is happening. It is just plain stupid to let everyone vote. Most people just vote for the most charming candidate. America is nothing like how it was founded. But it has taken Satan 250 years to nearly destroy it.

I pray GOD will save us but that is my only hope at this point.

Mitt is the worst possible candidate not even a Republican a RAT.

Steveangell on April 24, 2012 at 7:39 PM

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:35 PM

You and him will make good friends

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Yes she did, and that REALLY PISSES OFF this Palin supporter. That is the only time I’ve seen her come across as a masochist.

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Mitt is NOT a Republican he is a RAT.

Steveangell on April 24, 2012 at 7:33 PM

awww, love me some Ratatouille :-)…

jimver on April 24, 2012 at 7:41 PM

D@mn right you’re sorry! How goes the Walker Derangement Syndrome?

Roy Rogers on April 24, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Hey Sparky, how come you didn’t quote my whole post?

Maybe it’s because I said, Palin rallied in Madison for Walker in 2011..:)

Where was Romney???

idesign on April 24, 2012 at 7:41 PM

You and him will make good friends

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:39 PM

LMAO! I doubt that he likes me. Most people dislike being proven wrong instead of trying to learn from their mistakes.

Any intelligence I’ve displayed may be from the lessons I learned from my MANY past mistakes.

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:42 PM

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:34 PM

It’s not just about Romney vs. Obama. One must also consider all the people they call friend. You can tell alot about a person by the friends they keep, and the people they appoint to high office like AG and Treasury. Not to mention all the czars they need.

How many of Romney’s friends are cop killers?

Roy Rogers on April 24, 2012 at 7:43 PM

It’s not his fault that someone better didn’t run. I honestly must say that, in my mind, the field we had to choose from defies logic. There is no plausible reason on EARTH why any group of people who want America to succeed would give us choices like we had this year. Obama is the biggest, walking, breathing, smoking douche nozzle to ever be snapped into existence and the best we offer are 3 ruhtards and a lib.

Myself, personally, I despise Romney so much. I really do. I hate him for his liberalness, I hate him for his elitism, I hate him for his next-in-line good ole’ rino solider schtick, I hate him, period. However, I will f’n vote for him with vigor. I feel even with all the totally disgusting liberal crap that he will pull while in office, the man is at at least capable of drawing a distinction between conservatism and the commies we have now.

Our Federal government is in utter chaos. Lawlessness reigns supreme. Racists on the rampage. Jumping out from behind bushes to steal every last cent I’ve got simply to keep buying votes. Yea, somewhere around 45% of America is a total drooling welfare tool or an emotional wreck who’s every decision hinges on some ambiguous feeling of theirs.

Well, I believe, wholeheartedly, that there are still enough of us decent, hardworking, NORMAL people – that can be reached as long as an ECONOMIC distinction is made between the Commies and conservatism. The liberals have lain waste to everything they’ve touched since 2006. All we’ve gotta do is light an economic spark of some sort.

I dunno, maybe, maybe not.. Principles or not, I will not under ANY circumstance contribute to another 4 of Obama. I said earlier it defies logic that we could have gotten such a bad crop of candidates. Mitt may still prove me wrong, but to me, the only thing worse would be having conservatism deep in your bones and sitting idly by and watching Obongo waltz back into his current gig.

preallocated on April 24, 2012 at 6:05 PM

*applause*

This needs to be seen again. I like the cut of your jib, sir/madam

kim roy on April 24, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Can you say loyalty?

PS..Hayworth was a crook..:)

idesign on April 24, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I pray GOD will save us but that is my only hope at this point.

Mitt is the worst possible candidate not even a Republican a RAT.

Steveangell on April 24, 2012 at 7:39 PM

HE has given us EVERYTHING we need today, thus the battle is up to us. We MUST get involved!!!

Mitt is the worst possible GOP candidate not even a Republican a RAT.

FIFY. 0bama is still worse, but not by much.

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:45 PM

How many of Romney’s friends are cop killers?

Roy Rogers on April 24, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Your points are well received, but I’m already ABO AND ABR because I think it is very true that 0bama=Sketchy.

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Steveangell on April 24, 2012 at 7:39 PM

oy, them peasants and broads shouldn’t vote in America of year 2011 :-)…you, sir, have lost your marbles definitively and irremediably so…must be the work of Satan or similar ghostly entity :-)….

jimver on April 24, 2012 at 7:47 PM

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:41 PM

She had to. If he was good enough for president, he had to be good enough for senate. Not endorsing him would have been ungrateful.

alwaysfiredup on April 24, 2012 at 7:47 PM

2012 that is :)…

jimver on April 24, 2012 at 7:47 PM

preallocated on April 24, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Someone better did run; several someones, actually. Mitt drowned them in negative attack ads, making this the most negative GOP primary ever.

People think that buying an election should be rewarded? Heck no.

alwaysfiredup on April 24, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Wow, the next few months leading to confirmation of our demise is going to be painful.

FireBlogger on April 24, 2012 at 7:49 PM

alwaysfiredup on April 24, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I totally agree..But Maverick was not the most conservative..As I said..We all moderate from time to time..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:50 PM

If the election were held today… a helluva a lotta people would be awfully surprised.”

Good thing the election isn’t until November.

profitsbeard on April 24, 2012 at 7:51 PM

PS..Hayworth was a crook..:)

idesign on April 24, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Crook??..If he was crook then he could not have run??..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Not endorsing him would have been ungrateful.

alwaysfiredup on April 24, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Yeah, I tried running with that point too, BUT NO ONE would have held it against her if she REFUSED to support him UNTIL he publicly lambasted his underlings that STILL work to spread their LIES about Sarah.

What was the name of that PDS based HBO movie? At least 2 of those SOB’s worked on it.

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:52 PM

PS..Hayworth was a crook..:)

idesign on April 24, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I listened to the man a number of times, for hours, and have no idea how he is a crook. He sounds genuine and level headed in his reasoning and opinions. You sure he wasn’t romneyd by a wave of negative ads?

riddick on April 24, 2012 at 7:55 PM

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Trust me..You and Dr. Tesla will get along fine..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:56 PM

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:52 PM

She said she liked and admired him and I believe she meant it.

alwaysfiredup on April 24, 2012 at 7:56 PM

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Didn’t HBO just premiere some “comedy” show about a female vice president?

Buckshot Bill on April 24, 2012 at 7:56 PM

riddick on April 24, 2012 at 7:55 PM

You are right..He was more conservative than Maverick..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:58 PM

How many of Romney’s friends are cop killers?

Roy Rogers on April 24, 2012 at 7:43 PM

When you have a friend like Saul Alinsky the bets are off.

But one thing for sure. Romney is an active Mormon. He actually does do service to others. He actually really believes in Jesus Christ not Allah in disguise. I believe he actually has a good heart he is just deceived by the Progressives (Satan). But this deception is life long with Romney he is a DemocRAT from birth and one that prefers to hi-jack the Republican Party why I really dislike him so much. If GOD appeared to him he might understand how deceived he has been but that is not likely.

America has become totally EVIL and GOD will not tolerate evil forever. We deserve what we are getting. At least the majority of us the rest will bear record of the EVIL all around us.

Steveangell on April 24, 2012 at 7:59 PM

riddick on April 24, 2012 at 7:55 PM

idesign on April 24, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Didn’t HBO just premiere some “comedy” show about a female vice president?

Buckshot Bill on April 24, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Sure, with that rabid uber liberal ex Seinfeld actress. They can’t even show Borgias without completely distorting historical facts.

riddick on April 24, 2012 at 8:00 PM

idesign on April 24, 2012 at 7:59 PM

You just cited two liberal sources (that would benefit liberal MCCain). Care to provide conservative sources?

riddick on April 24, 2012 at 8:02 PM

idesign on April 24, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Did he go to jail??..No..:):)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 8:02 PM

riddick on April 24, 2012 at 8:02 PM

No..You will not get that..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Okay..But JPeterman knows what communism is..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 7:14 PM

JPeterman KNOWS Communism.

Many would consider countries like Sweden, Denmark, even my native land, Britain, to be Socialist, but they are NOT Communist.

Resist We Much on April 24, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Funny, the Rasmussen Poll that closed yesterday shows Romney in the lead. And by the way, aren’t there some actual votes being taken and an important speech by Romney that the networks aren’t running?

claudius on April 24, 2012 at 8:08 PM

No..You will not get that..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Like I said above, the guy sounds more than reasonable in his views and opinions. I know he was romneyd by McCain’s negative ads and had no idea how to gauge him until one day I hear him on the radio, listened for some time (really enjoyed his commentary and reasoned approach to callers) and only then heard his name as radio host. Shame we were left with McCain and Family instead, I am sure had McCain lost that race we wouldn’t have to be hear his idiot daughter now as no TV/radio station would even consider her “opinions”.

riddick on April 24, 2012 at 8:09 PM

jimver on April 24, 2012 at 7:47 PM

History my son. History.

I honestly believe that America came about because GOD actively caused it to come about. It was concieved by Preachers in Church.

I believe that America would be far better off if women could stay home and raise their children having a man that used them as the helpmate GOD intended them to be. That means the husband is to respect the wife as the superior in the relationship the one GOD actually trust to raise the children. But also someone you do not make decisions without and do not demean. Someone you show only love and respect to.

Now if a single woman goes out and has a life of her own without a husband and owns land she should be able to vote as well. But one voter per household.

I know very old fashioned. But then too so is the Bible but the vast majority of Americans at least claim to believe in GOD and soon we will all be in the biggest foxhole on Earth. Better start praying. God will not easily forgive.

Steveangell on April 24, 2012 at 8:09 PM

riddick on April 24, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I actually believe his daughter would be far more popular had her dad lost. He would have sort of passed her the torch.

She is popular because she loves to bash Republicans but claims to be one.

Steveangell on April 24, 2012 at 8:12 PM

She is popular because she loves to bash Republicans but claims to be one.

Steveangell on April 24, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Just like her father. And every other rino that goes on the Sunday news shows.

Buckshot Bill on April 24, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Ok I admit it. No one can keep up with me.

SparkPlug on April 24, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Union of Soviet Socialist Republics

The Soviet Union was a single-party state ruled by the Communist Party from its foundation until 1990.[1] A federal union of 15 subnational Soviet republics, the Soviet state was structured under a highly-centralized government and economy.

Yep! Communists don’t support Socialism. /s

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Oh, come one, you just cut an hour of entertainment down to minutes! You’re no fun…

riddick on April 24, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Communism is an economic term, socialism is a political term. The Third Reich, Italy and Iraq under Saddam were socialist countries, but not communist ones. The only thing socialist countries have in common is that they are totalitarian.

Usually “socialist” and “communist” is used here to describe everything that is liberal or progressive, but that’s not correct. What you mean is “social democrat”, and that is NOT supported by the communists, on the contrary.

Gelsomina on April 24, 2012 at 8:19 PM

JPeterman KNOWS Communism.

Resist We Much on April 24, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Says someone who has no idea. Communism is not able to change your job unless your “work book” has been marked with permission from current employer. Communism is walking into a supermarket and seeing empty shelves instead of food. Communism is having at least some of your family members serve time, pretty much every family was affected. Communism is not having private property. Communism is not having private business. Communism is sharing a 3 room (not 3 bedroom, 3 ROOM) apartment across 3 separate families, that is if you were lucky to share an apt. Communism is filing out forms, at the beginning of each school year, listing your nationality. Communism is selling out your neighbors in order to gain career advancement or better living arrangements. Neighbors making up stories to tattle tell on you in hopes of taking over your room if you were convicted on hearsay and jailed. I can go and on and on.

Not one of those listed above applied to Czechoslovakia. Nor Poland. Not any other Eastern European states outside of proper USSR. They were socialist, more so than Sweden and others, but in no way even close to USSR communist/socialist model. Those guys had a really good life, all things considered, when compared to ours. They had apartments, they had cars, they had FOOD, they could watch western movies if they wanted to.

I want him to tell me with a straight face that his life in Czechoslovakia was even close to the brutality we faced on daily basis.

riddick on April 24, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Gelsomina on April 24, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Yes, I am sure UK, Sweden and Norway are. As is France. And Greece. All totalitarian.

riddick on April 24, 2012 at 8:27 PM

riddick on April 24, 2012 at 8:09 PM

..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Funny Robert Bork is working with Romney in this area..You do know who that is??..:)

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Yay, working with someone who failed to pass the Senate.

I’d rather he be working with modern conservative jurists. Announcing he’s working with Bork seems to me like just another way for Rmoney to toss unimportant red meat to conservatives.

Spending is the issue. We shall not be sidetracked.

alwaysfiredup on April 24, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Dire Straits on April 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM

the failed SCOTUS nominee?

unseen on April 24, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Good grief. Bork was defeated because he was unabashedly pro life. You are two of the dumbest people on this site.

Romney has the wholehearted support of Paul Ryan but that’s not good enough for you? No anti-Romney comment is so stupid that you won’t say it.

Basilsbest on April 24, 2012 at 8:30 PM

riddick on April 24, 2012 at 8:24 PM

excuse me, hello, you brought it upon yourselves (remember 1917, revolution, Lenin, etc), and then you ‘exported’ the abomination to other countries by means of Soviet boots and tanks…so get off that soap box of yours and/or your high horses, you have no reason to complain…am sure peterson didn’t ask for the friggin’ Soviet tanks to invade his country in ’68…so, puhlease…spare us your discourse..

jimver on April 24, 2012 at 8:31 PM

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:20 PM

There is a difference between Chicago and a country where you spend the rest of your life in a GULAG for criticizing the party. That’s the difference you obviously don’t get.

JPeterman grew up in a Communist country, I grew up 5 minutes from the Iron Curtain. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Maybe, just maybe, if you take a walk 5 minutes from your home and you meet a friendly policeman who tells you that you better turn around or you might get shot from across the border – maybe then you will understand what it means to live in the shadow of Communism.

Gelsomina on April 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM

riddick on April 24, 2012 at 8:02 PM

How about the Free Republic? Too Consevative?

idesign on April 24, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Basilsbest on April 24, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Oh boy, yet another Ryan “reference” as it somehow should sway conservatives. Is this the same Ryan whose budget everyone touts, budget that cuts roughly $400 BILLION per year when our deficit runs at roughly $1.4 TRILLION level. That Ryan?

And you’re saying Romney now has Ryan on his side? INCREDIBLE NEWS!!! Instead of Hussein’s $1.4 TRILLION deficits we will only run $1 TRILLION deficit if Romney wins. Hurrah all around, we’ll be saved!

riddick on April 24, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Gelsomina on April 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM

East Berlin??

jimver on April 24, 2012 at 8:35 PM

DannoJyd on April 24, 2012 at 7:15 PM
When Sarah Palin supports Romney will you call her a communist? Does she get a pass? You sure don’t have much of a cogent argument when you say that anyone who supports Romney is as bad as a communist. We have many different reasons for supporting him. Most of us would have preferred someone else. But you can’t claim to be a hard working GOP member, like you always claim, when you insult people for supporting the GOP nominee. I don’t care if you like him, I do care that you insult hard working, honest people just because they disagree with you.

Rusty Allen on April 24, 2012 at 8:38 PM

How about the Free Republic? Too Consevative?

idesign on April 24, 2012 at 8:35 PM

That’s all they got? Attending sports games as a guest, true crime. No Sir, we can’t have such poor judgement character as senator. But a true liberal running as GOP is just fine because he did not attend sports events as a guest. Hmmm…

I now see more and more that AZ made a huge mistake.

riddick on April 24, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Rusty Allen on April 24, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Palin will support the nomonie, because she’s a loyal Republican…..

I’m not as forgiving, I’m a Conservative, not a Republican..:)

idesign on April 24, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Gelsomina on April 24, 2012 at 8:19 PM

riddick on April 24, 2012 at 8:27 PM

No, they are not socialist countries. They are social democrat. State socialism is totalitarian.

Government regulations, social welfare and redistributive taxation are signs of a social democrat system.

There is a very clear distinction between these two systems.

Gelsomina on April 24, 2012 at 8:45 PM

idesign on April 24, 2012 at 8:44 PM
And that’s your right. But saying that those of us that support the GOP nominee are communists??

Rusty Allen on April 24, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Gelsomina on April 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM

East Berlin??

jimver on April 24, 2012 at 8:35 PM

No, a small village at the Czechoslovakian (now Czech) border and Vienna (30 minutes from the Iron Curtain).

Gelsomina on April 24, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Rusty Allen on April 24, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Well, I don’t believe that’s true….

Crony Capitalism, Big Government, Washington insiders, well that’s a different story…:)

idesign on April 24, 2012 at 8:53 PM