Today’s outrage: Romney looking forward to more vacations in … France

posted at 3:24 pm on April 23, 2012 by Allahpundit

Alternate headline: “Confirmed: He’s a RINO.”

No, I kid. Romney’s fondness for France is, I think, already common knowledge among righty activists thanks to Newt running one of the dumbest attack ads of the primaries against him back in January. It’s not purely academic either: He spent two and a half years there in his early 20s on his LDS mission and evidently liked it enough that he’s willing to give this answer even now, despite the fact that “French” has always been a byword for elitism in some parts of America. Kind of nice to see him being unabashedly honest, the political consequences be damned. The lefties at HuffPo and Daily Kos have seized on the clip as evidence of hypocrisy because Romney once criticized The One for taking “elaborate vacations” as president, but watch and you’ll see that that’s a red herring. Romney never says he wants an “elaborate” vacation (unless all French getaways are inherently elaborate) and he never says he’d take vacation there during his presidency. What this is about is clear enough from this aside in ABC’s write-up:

“The best memories were with my wife on vacations from time to time in France,” said Romney, who has been criticized for being “out of touch” and has made several comments that have highlighted his wealth during his campaign.

Just the ol’ “France = elitism” charge coopted for the Democrats’ messaging about Romney’s wealth. (In the dKos post, he’s referred to at one point as “Mr. Car Elevator.”) The GOP had fun using John Kerry’s Frenchiness against him eight years ago, but anti-French sentiment was much higher then because of their opposition to the war. If Romney had to run in an age of “freedom fries,” would he have given this same answer?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:33 PM

You said $5 million in gains which means an end result of $6 million. Hmm, maybe you aren’t an economic genius after all. I guess someone thinking that getting a 500% return on investments in one year is a normal occurrence should have been the first clue to your cluelessness.

NotCoach on April 23, 2012 at 4:37 PM

My father served in Vietnam and also has done missionary work in Haiti, back before baby doc got booted. We aren’t Mormon.

Both are admirable, in my eyes for different reasons.

My mom visited the French countryside…a con. Said it was gorgeous. I would love to go…just to eat even. :)

bazil9 on April 23, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Urban, I guess the question is if Romney will limit his vacations to his home and Camp David, instead of incurring all of that extra security cost to go stay with all his favorite friends.

uncommon sense on April 23, 2012 at 4:37 PM

LOL. Well, who in world cares a flip who you do and don’t respect. And plenty of missionaries die for their service. It takes just as much bravery to missionary in Afganistan as it does to fight there. More, because they are unarmed.

tommyboy on April 23, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Yeah – that’s the thing – I don’t give two sh**s about missonaries – sorry. I did 24 years in the military and buried a bunch of Americans – wrote letters home to their moms, dads, wives, girlfriends, and sons and daughters.

So no – I’m not really into “sympathy” for missionaries – since I’ve done EVERYTHING they’ve done plus dodge bullets.

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:38 PM

angryed.

Tee hee.

Nuff said

profitsbeard on April 23, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Maybe because the cornerstone of conservative politics in the last 30 years has been about calling out Democrats as “elitists” who don’t understand “real, working class Americans.” Because the right has bene playing identity politics with gun ownership, hunting, baseball pitches, NASCAR and pickup trucks for quite a while now. Its just hilarious seeing all of that turned on its head while you leap to support Mitt Romney who is, in no way shape or fashion, representative of “flyover” or “real America” or whatever other term you use to refer to middle and working class white culture.

libfreeordie on April 23, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Democrat don’t understand real working class Americans. Romney is a Democrat, so he too doesn’t understand. Makes perfect sense if you think about it a little outside the box.

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 4:38 PM

You do know that Harvard is actually a pretty easy place, right? The tough part is getting in. And a guy like McWillard whose father was a governor and a CEO of an auto company had no trouble getting in.

Once in, everyone is pretty much guaranteed a passing grade. And there is so much grade inflation that a B is average, a little work = an A. It’s unheard of for anyone to fail out of Harvard.

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Have you ever attended Harvard? It’s not as easy as people make it out to be. I personally know several people who attended when I did that DID fail out. And grade inflation is mostly reserved for lefties, legacies, athletes, and affirmative action cases. If you’re a white, male, conservative, it’s not so easy.

steebo77 on April 23, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I hope no one will hold it against me if I say I LIKE the idea of a rich guy who knows how to make a lot of money running a country that is losing a lot of money – you know, as opposed to a community organizer who hasn’t the faintest clue on how to make money other than campaigning and selling books he didn’t even write.

Just my common sense nature.

mitchellvii on April 23, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Most rich people know only how to make money for themselves, not sure why that attitude is something that should be great for someone trying to increase prosperity across the board…

libfreeordie on April 23, 2012 at 4:38 PM

NotCoach on April 23, 2012 at 4:37 PM

No – I’m no economic genious – then again – neither is Willard. LOL

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:39 PM

So W didn’t travel enough but Romney traveled too much? Can we get a formula that we can plug a Republican candidate into to see if he’s traveled an acceptable amount?

jnelchef on April 23, 2012 at 4:39 PM

In all honesty-I cannot Imagine the country will re-elect Obama.

It’s not going to happen.There is a deep resentment about the country.

It will be a Romney blow out.

NOt because Mitt is so loved but because Obamas policies are so hated.

We have a non threatening nominee and that is the difference.

When somebody goes to vote and thinks to themselves-Do I want 4 more years of this-Obama is NOT going to happen

gerrym51 on April 23, 2012 at 4:39 PM

The fact is, Romney is a self-made multi-millionaire
AZCoyote on April 23, 2012 at 4:00 PM

No he isn’t. His father was CEO of an auto company. Nobody whose father is a CEO of a publicly traded major American auto company is a self made anything.

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Actually, though George Romney made good money for the era when he was running American Motors, he made a fraction of what he would have earned at one of the Big 3. When Romney was named head of AMC in 1954, he was making about $100K a year. Due to his stewardship, the company weathered the financial storms right after the Nash-Hudson merger, and then thrived due to his advocacy of the compact Rambler. His salary was eventually raised to about $250K/yr, again good money in the late 1950s and early 1960s but all in all George Romney made less than $2 million in the time that he ran AMC, so he was hardly a multimillionaire many times over. The Romneys move to affluent Bloomfield Hills when Mitt was a teenager and I’m sure they were not the wealthiest family on the block. Ann’s father started a marine construction company and it’s quite possible that he was wealthier than Mitt’s dad.

George Romney coined the phrase “gas guzzling dinosaurs” about big American cars. He wasn’t an ostentatious man, and he led the change to Michigan’s constitution that mandated a balanced budget. He wasn’t all about wealth and luxury. Did Mitt have advantages because of his family? Sure, but then so did Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Ted Kennedy.

Life isn’t fair, get used to it. A friend once said that life isn’t about getting dealt a good hand but rather playing the hand you’re dealt well. Mitt’s made the vast bulk of his admittedly large fortune himself. He was born with a silver plated spoon in his mouth, not one of solid sterling.

rokemronnie on April 23, 2012 at 4:40 PM

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Missionaries in the middle east dodge plenty of bullets, rocks, torches and every other concievable weapon. They work in just as dangerous an environment as any soldier. More, they are unarmed. I admire what they do just as much as I admire what our soldiers do. You just seem to think you are better than everyone else.

tommyboy on April 23, 2012 at 4:41 PM

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Yeah yeah, look man, no one believes you’re a conservative anymore. But you are right about one thing. Obama and Romney are remarkably similar. It is hilarious seeing people on this thread move from hating on Obama at Harvard to deefending Romney going to harvard to hating on the Obama’s using their own money to pay for vacations to defending romney’s vacations. Its all pretty damn funny.

libfreeordie on April 23, 2012 at 4:41 PM

So Honda, you denigrate missionary work. Especially work in “france.” Not that you care, but Romney didn’t get to pick to go to France.

My mission was hard, and someone much like you tried to kill a fellow missionary of mine, by deliberatly pushing them directly into oncoming traffic. It’s a miracle my fellow missionary didn’t die. I spent time in the highest per capita murder rate city in the United States. Missionaries go where they are called, and lots of them get killed doing so. But then, from what I have seen of you in the past, you cheer everytime a Mormon is murdered, so I’m sure I’m wasting my time here.

Vanceone on April 23, 2012 at 4:41 PM

We have a non threatening nominee and that is the difference.

gerrym51 on April 23, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Problem is – you’re only focused on winning an election – you have no clue what damage Willard will do to the conservative cause after he’s elected.

Maybe you’ll get to find out – he has a snowball’s chance in hell of being elected – but maybe he’s a lucky little snowball?

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:41 PM

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Whatever else Romney may be, he is NOT Obozo, and that scores big in my book. There’s nothing in the world that would induce me to vote for O, and I think regularly, O’s got to go…..

chai on April 23, 2012 at 4:42 PM

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 4:34 PM

tell that to my great grandfather, my uncle and my aunt. Two of the three are doctors, the other is a business prof for medical science. So that means they had to get a medical degree to.. guess where they studied for that.

*sighs* do you have a clue as to what you are talking about?

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 4:42 PM

What term should be used for my co-works,friends,family that are middle working class,blacks and Hispanics? The ones who drive trucks too..I am burning to know. What is their culture? American culture perhaps?

heh.. as usual..this thread is tinged with race. Big surprise…and by the usual culprits.

bazil9 on April 23, 2012 at 4:43 PM

This would not bother me that much if it was someone other than Romney. The last thing Romney needs to do is remind everyone that he could be our version of John Kerry.

Lets just hope Romney does not now go on a duck hunt wearing new LL Bean gear and take a cruse on his own personal ship of the line like Kerry did. I don’t think Romney owns a yacht, or does he?. Let us all hope not. Nothing said out of touch like Kerry’s voyages on the seven seas…firing his canons…and acting like a 18th century admiral.

William Eaton on April 23, 2012 at 4:43 PM

The draft dodging remarks stand on their own – they don’t need to be repeated.

Willard IS a draft dodger – he went to France to “missionary” when his high-school buddies were in the jungles dieing.

Now he wants to be CINC.

And – LOL – you want him to be too!

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:26 PM

That’s funny, ’cause you repeat that baseless smear, multiple times, on virtually every post. He was serving others in a different capacity…you don’t know that it was to avoid squat, and it’s absurd for you to claim otherwise.

By the way, who was your choice in the primaries…?

changer1701 on April 23, 2012 at 4:43 PM

In other news…

Mitt Romney slammed for answering French reporter’s question about his memories of Paris, where he lived as a young missionary and later vacationed with his wife.

rokemronnie on April 23, 2012 at 4:43 PM

tommyboy on April 23, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Just tell me this – I dare you – answer this question …

Was what Mitt did in France during his missionary years as HONORABLE and as PATRIOTIC as what his high school buddies did in the jungle of Vietnam?

Cuz I don’t think you have the balls to answer that question.

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:44 PM

steebo77 on April 23, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I didn’t attend Harvard, but close enough. It’s the same at all Ivies, 7 Sisters and to some extent at the Publc Ivies as well. My sister got her PhD at an Ivy. Part of that meant teaching undergrad classes. She dared give a student a C+ on a term paper, you have no idea about the hell she incurred from him, his parents, other professors until she relented and gave him a B for a paper that IMO didn’t deserve a passing grade at all. But that’s the culture. Anything less than a B is seen as an F.

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 4:44 PM

This should surprise nobody after Marine Le Pen and the FN achiever record results in yesterday elections. We now have clear evidence that Romney is an extreme far-right conservative fascist.

/Obama campaign

joana on April 23, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Vanceone on April 23, 2012 at 4:41 PM

don’t go away. Just because someone is a dipstick, doesn’t mean others are. I enjoy what you have to say… even if others need to think beyond their box.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 4:45 PM

By the way, who was your choice in the primaries…?

changer1701 on April 23, 2012 at 4:43 PM

It’s not baseless – Willard got several (at least two) deferrals from the draft to go to France and tell people that wine is not a good thing for Mormon’s to drink.

My choice? Rick Perry – he was a farking pilot. Got another question?

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:45 PM

So Mitt Romney likes to vacation in France. And? That’s it? Pffff!

The issue with Obama’s vacations wasn’t really that they were lavish. I don’t begrudge him for having more money than me or for taking vacations I couldn’t afford. What I do have an issue with is him taking those vacations while telling all the rest of us that we need to learn to get by with less. The issue isn’t Obama’s wealth; it’s his hypocrisy.

PerceptorII on April 23, 2012 at 4:45 PM

libfreeordie on April 23, 2012 at 4:34 PM

That’s funny because people like you keep telling us we’re the party of rich people.

Unlike John Kerry who married into his money or barack obama who made his millions being a black politician and writing books about himself, Mitt made his millions building and fixing companies, which Republicans think is admirable.

The Count on April 23, 2012 at 4:46 PM

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Long time no see.

Uh..no he doesn’t. He’s a pip.

bazil9 on April 23, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Just tell me this – I dare you – answer this question …

Cuz I don’t think you have the balls to answer that question.

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:44 PM

We get that you don’t like Romney. A lot of us aren’t too cracked about him. But he will be the GOP nominee and the only viable alternative to Obama? Can’t you take 6 months off from your Mitt hatred to actually work against Obama’s reelection?

steebo77 on April 23, 2012 at 4:46 PM

*sighs* do you have a clue as to what you are talking about?

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Wow, they give out medical degrees as undergrad degrees now? Don’t you have six pick up trucks to worry about?

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Cuz I don’t think you have the balls to answer that question.
HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:44 PM

If he was serving sincerely, then yes it was every bit as honorable. He probably wasn’t smoking a lot of dope and scoring Asian smack but, yep, his service was every bit as honorable.

Trust me, I’ve got more than enough balls for anything YOU can throw my way.

tommyboy on April 23, 2012 at 4:46 PM

My choice? Rick Perry – he was a farking pilot. Got another question?

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Will you be voting for Rick Perry in November?

steebo77 on April 23, 2012 at 4:46 PM

steebo77 on April 23, 2012 at 4:46 PM

No I plan on voting for Obama – I’ll have two choices – and both choices will crash the airplane. I’ll take Obama so he and liberalism get the blame.

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Just tell me this – I dare you – answer this question …

Cuz I don’t think you have the balls to answer that question.

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:44 PM

being in France during the vietnam war, in which they started to begin with, was not easy for americans.. especially catholics and mormons, since that is when they started to let muslims in droves into their country. Many missionaries were murdered. It wasn’t like the 60′s and early 70′s weren’t a political and religious wasteland ONLY in america.

You need to chill out.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 4:47 PM

steebo77 on April 23, 2012 at 4:46 PM

This is such a ridiculous statement. So if Honda doesn’t like Romney, he should nonetheless help elect him. Oh right I forgot. It’s all about teams. My team vs. your team. Us vs. them. Never mind about who we elect, as long as he has an “R” next to his name, that’s what counts.

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 4:48 PM

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I see.. still jealous. I guess that is a problem for you as a liberal to see others do well, and actually pay for an education you couldn’t acquire yourself for free.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Trust me, I’ve got more than enough balls for anything YOU can throw my way.

tommyboy on April 23, 2012 at 4:46 PM

No – you have a lot of stupidity – because you just stereotyped Vietnam War vets as “dope smoking” wh0re chasers.

And you have the nerve to tell me I’m bigoted against Mormons.

You can KISS MY ASS.

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:49 PM

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Ever heard of the “lesser of two evils?”

steebo77 on April 23, 2012 at 4:50 PM

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:47 PM

You can explain it to them until blue in the face and they still don’t get it.

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 4:50 PM

steebo77 on April 23, 2012 at 4:46 PM

He’s voting for Obama.

My candidate is OBAMA – and sure, he’ll destroy this nation (but no worse than Willard would) … and, at least I’ll get the satisfaction of watching him obliterate another McDole in November (Willard).

HondaV65 on April 6, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Any questions?

JPeterman on April 23, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Long time no see.

Uh..no he doesn’t. He’s a pip.

bazil9 on April 23, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Hey Bazil LTNS.

Yeah I know… it is fun to poke him with others success stories though. :)

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Yeah – I remember the “body counts” on the evening news of all those mormons and catholics butchered in the vineyards of France.

/s

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM

because you just stereotyped Vietnam War vets as “dope smoking” wh0re chasers.

Present company included.

You can KISS MY ASS.
HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Dream on sweetheart.

tommyboy on April 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM

upinak, I have no intention of “going away.” :) After Right2bright and I had the multiple go arounds back in 2007 and 08 over Mormonism, and Jetboy over his really strange inability to think that the primary motivation of the gay movement is to force acceptance… Honda doesn’t worry me. It’s just pointless.

I mean, I will say that yes, serving a mission is just as honorable as serving in the military in certain ways. He’s going to go ballistic. But it is the truth. I know that I served under rules as a missionary that very few soldiers would or could tolerate, such as no bad language, drinking, smoking, or carousing with any lady. Conversely, the whole being shot at bit is something I’ve never experienced. Is one type of service “Better?” Well, no. Each has their place. Certainly each has points where it is the better thing to do at a particular time. Honda, though, will not allow that sometimes not shooting someone can be a better solution. Sometimes it IS the right thing to do, and sometimes not.

Vanceone on April 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Ever heard of the “lesser of two evils?”

steebo77 on April 23, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Sure. But I don’t think this is applicable. Both want govt run health care. Both want amnesty. Both want to ban guns (and Romeny actually did so as governor). Both love Cap N Trade. Both have and will continue to appoint liberal judges. Both raised taxes. Both increased spending.

There is ZERO difference between the two.

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 4:52 PM

/s

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Umm so the media only posting about vietnam was it for you? Good grief man, how about reading a book and learning some other history.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 4:52 PM

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:47 PM

That’s not surprising. Both you and Obama oppose the Ryan plan, so you’re vote isn’t quite so cynical after all.

The Count on April 23, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Present company included.

tommyboy on April 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Well, I AM a wh0re chaser – pretty proud of that too.

But you’re a bigot against military servicemembers. Are you Mormon like Willard too?

I’m seeing a trend.

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:53 PM

When a Mormon missionary goes back to the country where he spent those two years, his/her primary priority is to visit the cities and congregations he/she served in on that mission. You want to see how things are going there and if the people you remember are still around. There might be time to visit cultural sights, but the choice is based on the fact that you love that country and its people. It’ has nothing to do with elitism.

Newt Gingrich can go soak his head. ]

flataffect on April 23, 2012 at 4:53 PM

^your

The Count on April 23, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Vanceone on April 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Hey some people don’t like to learn, especially if it makes them uncomfortable. Keep your chin up!

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 4:54 PM

The Count on April 23, 2012 at 4:53 PM

How do you know I oppose the Ryan plan? If I oppose it – it’s only because it doesn’t go far enough to cut government.

You’re voting for Willard because you’re a big government Republican. You must be – since that’s what he is.

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:55 PM

My choice? Rick Perry – he was a farking pilot. Got another question?

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:45 PM

What is Obama’s military record, since you’re voting for him?

changer1701 on April 23, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Face it Mittbots. If Mittens were the Democrat nominee you’d all be calling out his extreme liberal record and hitting him over the France comment. But he’s part of “the team” so he gets a pass.

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 4:57 PM

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Yes, I am enjoying the thread of a$$ whooping.

bazil9 on April 23, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I’m seeing a trend.
HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:53 PM

The trend is that I’m bigoted against internet blowhards with GI Joe fantasies. I’ll cop to that sarge.

tommyboy on April 23, 2012 at 4:57 PM

What is Obama’s military record, since you’re voting for him?

changer1701 on April 23, 2012 at 4:56 PM

zing….

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I think Honda must be drunk right now…. it’s the only charitable explanation. Or maybe, since he is very proud to be a “whore Chaser”, he’s filling out his Secret Service application?

Vanceone on April 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM

What is Obama’s military record, since you’re voting for him?

changer1701 on April 23, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Well – he never got a military deferral.

And – he’s got an uncle who participated in D-day.

That’s not … very … much … is it?

But it’s an order of magnitude MORE than what Willard has regarding his own personal service to this nation and, that of his family.

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM

What is Obama’s military record, since you’re voting for him?

changer1701 on April 23, 2012 at 4:56 PM

He was like 13 years old when Vietnam ended. Now you’re attacking him for not volunteering to go over there from middle school?

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Yes, I am enjoying the thread of a$$ whooping.

bazil9 on April 23, 2012 at 4:57 PM

LOL!

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Are there two angryeds? One minute he’s calling me a RINO because I make a comment critical of Rick Santorum, the next minute he’s playing the race card, or declaring how stay at home mothers are “intellectually stagnant” and bragging that he (she?) hates to change diapers and pays lowly people to do that for him.

Quelle surprise. *cough*
MadisonConservative on April 23, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Aw, est-ce que vous êtes enrhumé? Quel dommage…

I didn’t realize 200-250 mil makes one a “near billionaire”. Is that like how folks making 250 grand a year are now considered millionaires by the Obama administration?
Doughboy on April 23, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I actually heard it reported that some Dem pushing taxes on the eeevil rich said that someone who makes $250,000 a year is only 4 years away from being a millionaire. So there you have it!

Buy Danish on April 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM

there is a special place in God’s open country for people like you. Sheeple come to mind.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Buy Danish on April 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM

You’re a racist RINO. Happy?

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 5:00 PM

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM

That’s standard Willard McDole Kids Klub protocol. They have a deeply flawed, uninspiring, flip-floppping candidate and there is NOTHING they can do to make him look better …

So they simply parrot attacks and yawning phrases like … “Well, what about Obama???”

Yeah – that’s going to really win you the election. Good luck with that.

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Of course it is – Obama is taking his vacations on OUR dime and Romney took (note the past tense) his vacations on HIS dime.

Of course, the liberals see all money as being potentially theirs to waste so to point this fact out to them would only bring blank stares.

We’re smarter than that. Any of our candidates should never have to justify or explain why their spend THEIR money. To even entertain the discussion is giving value to the liberal argument.

kim roy on April 23, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Are there two angryeds? One minute he’s calling me a RINO because I make a comment critical of Rick Santorum, the next minute he’s playing the race card, or declaring how stay at home mothers are “intellectually stagnant” and bragging that he (she?) hates to Buy Danish on April 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I wasn’t bragging about it. Making a statement. It’s iditotic for a woman to quit a lucrative career and change diapers all day when someone can be hired for $7-10/hour to do it for you. And yes if your calling in life, as a woman, is changing diapers, you are intellectually stagnant. Sorry.

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 5:03 PM

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM

And I know your good at delivering one. :)

For newbies here..Honda has repeatably said he will vote BO.
Nothing new.

Carry on.

5 O’clock time for happy hour.

TC Upi

bazil9 on April 23, 2012 at 5:03 PM

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Of course “over there” wasn’t all that far since he didn’t live “here.”

Ronnie on April 23, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Honda: you are siding with AngryEd. For a man who claims to get off on killing commies, as you have in this thread: shouldn’t that make you pause?

You used to be a respectable poster. Now you’ve gone full retard. What happened?

Vanceone on April 23, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Yeah – that’s going to really win you the election. Good luck with that.

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 5:00 PM

No different than the Obama sycophants whose only retort is “Yea but Bush did it too”. Romney=Obama, even their sycophants are identical.

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 5:05 PM

5 O’clock time for happy hour.

TC Upi

bazil9 on April 23, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Drink one for me. :)

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 5:06 PM

What is Obama’s military record, since you’re voting for him?

changer1701 on April 23, 2012 at 4:56 PM

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM

The military closed its doors and disbanded after Vietnam??? I’ve been reading the wrong books/newspapers/articles/blogs.

kim roy on April 23, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Now he wants to be CINC.

And – LOL – you want him to be too!

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Actually, Romney became of draft age in 1965. He had student and religious deferments until 1969. Unless you’re going to call the millions of other American men who got student deferments (like most of Mitt’s high school buddies in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, or exemptions because they were seminarians or on a religious mission draft-dodgers, no Mitt was not a draft dodger. When his deferments expired in 1969, he very well could have been drafted but he pulled a high lottery number. By 1970, the US was reducing its manpower in Vietnam (at least on the ground) so it became a moot point since he wasn’t going to be drafted anyways.

rokemronnie on April 23, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Vanceone on April 23, 2012 at 5:04 PM

You are watching “Tribal Wars, episode 6312″. Anything and everything can be said and tossed out against others in order to support one’s candidate or smear another that you don’t like.

This particular episode is “ed and honda bond over Romney France vacations”.

kim roy on April 23, 2012 at 5:08 PM

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I suspect there are medications that can help you.. unless you’ve already gone through all the regulars…

gatorboy on April 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 5:03 PM

You sure are dense. If as a woman, you choose to be a mother (which is a hell of a lot more then “changing diapers”..that is their choice.

The corporate gals I use to work with popped them out and threw them in daycare right after 6 weeks leave.

Its called a choice. Yep-motherhood is about changing diapers./ and those women are intellectually stagnant. You have been race baiting here..but you come of as quite the chauvinist, stagnant fool.

bazil9 on April 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I’ll worry about the conservative cause after we get the socialist cause out of the white house

gerrym51 on April 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM

This particular episode is “ed and honda bond over Romney France vacations”.

kim roy on April 23, 2012 at 5:08 PM

LMFAO!

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM

You’re a racist RINO. Happy?
angryed on April 23, 2012 at 5:00 PM

How am I racist, dumbass?

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Right, because changing diapers is all that mothers do! Happy Mothers Day!

BTW, I highly recommend that ^^ vid for all Hot Airians…

Buy Danish on April 23, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Drink one for me. :)

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 5:06 PM

One for me and one for you. :)

Laterz…

bazil9 on April 23, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Buy Danish on April 23, 2012 at 5:11 PM

so we have come to this conclusion”:

1. ed does not like pregnant women.
2. ed does not like women who are of child baring age to have jobs, due to becoming pregnant.
3. ed hates kids.

Have I left anything else out?

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 5:13 PM

So are the Democrats going to load up another “exploding cigar” and start wailing about Romney wanting to vacation in France? Okay then, let’s talk about Michelle Obama’s little multi-million dollar jaunt to Spain, or Malia’s multi-million dollar trip to Mexico. Go for it, Dems, the blowback will be delicious.

RebeccaH on April 23, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Man I enjoyed it more when everyone was making dog jokes.

Steven McGregor on April 23, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Speaking of France, when do we get a thread on yesterday’s elections?

steebo77 on April 23, 2012 at 4:37 PM

apart from Sarko losing, the most disturbing development there is the Communist party winning 11% of the vote :-(…that’s scary…Sarko still has a slim chance in the second tour though, Marine Le Pen (bit scary and crazy in her own right, kinda like Ron Paul here, only gone off the deep end) got some 20% of the votes… if her people give their votes to Sarko (which is not clear, kinda like the same with paulistas here), he might win in the second tour….

jimver on April 23, 2012 at 5:15 PM

jimver on April 23, 2012 at 5:15 PM

its the younger folk that voted that way. I need to find an island and just go live there. There is no hope for the future with such idiots walking about.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Well – he never got a military deferral.

And – he’s got an uncle who participated in D-day.

That’s not … very … much … is it?

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM

How is it an order of magnitude more…he didn’t do jack in service to his country. It makes no sense for someone who makes such a big deal about Romney’s lack of a military record to vote for Obama.

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Who said anything about Vietnam, genius?

changer1701 on April 23, 2012 at 5:18 PM

1. ed does not like pregnant women.
3. ed hates kids.

Have I left anything else out?

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 5:13 PM

4. UpInAk has been sniffing a lot of glue lately to come to those conclusions.

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 5:18 PM

I think it’s safe to say that, if elected, President Romney and his family will not abuse the taxpayers like the Obamas do and certainly won’t take 16+ vacations in three years. Not to mention all those golf games.

We are a giving, tolerant people, and the vast majority of us have little problem with picking up the tab for sending our POTUS and his family on vacation, once in a while.

Christien on April 23, 2012 at 5:18 PM

The reason why there were draft deferments is precisely because as a society we said that going to school or working on a religious mission (or training in a seminary) were things that were valuable to us, valuable enough that we deferred military service for them. To equate someone who used perfectly legal deferments with someone who actively dodged the draft like moving to Canada is to disregard the reason why we had deferments in the first place.

This is not Sparta and we have rule of law.

rokemronnie on April 23, 2012 at 5:18 PM

4. UpInAk has been sniffing a lot of glue lately to come to those conclusions.

angryed on April 23, 2012 at 5:18 PM

ed, sweetie bumpkins schnookem-doodles.. you do realize that is what you insinuated. I am just making a list, and checking it twice

Poor you for hating women!

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Have I left anything else out?
upinak on April 23, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I think Ed needs to ask Sybil that question.

Buy Danish on April 23, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I filled up my car last night and hit the grocery…my house is 60% underwater and I know several people that can’t find a job.
That is my focus..not where mittens likes to vacation.

bazil9 on April 23, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Bingo!!!

bluealice on April 23, 2012 at 5:21 PM

HondaV65 on April 23, 2012 at 4:38 PM

my spouse is in the AF and she doesn’t expect her president to have served, serving is voluntary, you know, and that’s pretty much the sentiment among the younger generations of military people…but she does expect – like all of us do – her president to be competent, as in having good leadership skillz and a good, solid economic program (that including sound and same energy policies), President 0 has none…

jimver on April 23, 2012 at 5:21 PM

This particular episode is “ed and honda bond over Romney France vacations”.

kim roy on April 23, 2012 at 5:08 PM

LMFAO!

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Perhaps some don’t understand romance, in a way that Super Mitt does….
Perhaps some have a problem connecting with the sexually opposite….
either way-

For those who are estranged from the amor, Back to your Sensitivity Training groups of Cleveland seminars !!!

FlaMurph on April 23, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I think Ed needs to ask Sybil that question.

Buy Danish on April 23, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Soon… Soon.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 5:22 PM

FlaMurph on April 23, 2012 at 5:22 PM

FAIL.. you forgot your sarc tag.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 5:23 PM

jimver on April 23, 2012 at 5:21 PM

+1. Vets in my family also look down on using one’s service to cudgel law-abiding Americans who didn’t serve.

Christien on April 23, 2012 at 5:25 PM