Occupy protester: “Dude, let’s go get guns”

posted at 2:41 pm on April 23, 2012 by Morgen Richmond

The long-planned revival of the occupy movement is right around the corner, and we already have a new example of the violent rhetoric we’ve come to expect from the ‘mostly peaceful’ group. From where else but Occupy Portland. [Content warning for multiple f-bombs and other raw language]

If I had a f–king AK right now…

I have a solution dude, let’s go get guns.

In case it wasn’t clear, these threats were directed at the police for preventing the protesters from re-occupying the park, which city officials have wisely closed during overnight hours.

Yes, spring is in the air, and unfortunately along with it a return of all the horrors of the occupy movement. But maybe we shouldn’t judge the movement as a whole by a few bad apples. It’s not like any more official voices of occupy are promoting violence against the police. Well, except for this lovely imagery courtesy of OccupyMay1st.org, which is the communication hub for occupiers organizing a national general strike on May 1.

The file name for this image is  “rainbowunicorncopkillwsa”. Yeah, that about sums it up.

And then there is this little tidbit from the latest edition of Ignite (pdf), the official anarchist newspaper in Denver.

On the night of Feb. 20th in Denver, a “young man” described as white or Hispanic and dressed in “a hoodie with patches” was approached by police swine for alleged “suspicious activity” on 17th and Julian. The youth, evidently not the type to take any shit, pulled a pistol, fired a single shot that missed the cop, and fled on foot successfully. No suspect has been apprehended at time of press. The local anarchist community upon learning the news breathed a sigh of relief at the lack of arrests and collectively said “too bad they f–king missed.”

Makes you wonder why a mainstream progressive activist like Van Jones would throw his support behind such a movement. Hmmm.

It’s going to be a long summer.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I saw this in Chicago 1968. Progressives, Socialists, Anarchists, Communists, Marxists = Democrats.
“The goal of socialism is communism. ” ~ Vladamir Lenin
SpiderMike on April 23, 2012 at 3:37 PM

So did I Mike……it sure wasn’t pretty. In fact, the 68 riots make today’s OWS crowd look like a church social picnic, minus the genuine convictions.

Rovin on April 23, 2012 at 4:20 PM

You would spend the first 15 minutes trying to jam the magazine in backwards, and once you figured out how to do it right you would accidentally put a bullet through your own shin, fall to the pavement, and send another few rounds into the bodies of your OWS pals.

Bishop on April 23, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Exactly. All we’d have to do is tell them to be sure to pull back the hammer on that AK, and let the hijinks ensue.

Reminds me of this guy

TexasDan on April 23, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Occupy poster? Hell, I thought that was the cover of this month’s New Yorker.

Dirt McGirt on April 23, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Guns huh? Cool. Maybe they are finally ready to die for their cause. That would solve a whole lot of problems.

MikeA on April 23, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Yes, I do. Does that appear to be the case in the headline, though? The kid saying “if I had an AK” was more appropriate for a headline.

Be fair in all your dealings. Hypocrisy is the fastest way to undermine one’s credibility.

Durka-Durka on April 23, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Just wanted to make sure you knew. Unfortunately, neither the headline or your proposed more-appropriate headline indicate whether you knew.

Christien on April 23, 2012 at 4:30 PM

A fully armed Occupy Wall Street contingent versus a fully armed First Armored Brigade. Sounds like a fair fight to me. GET IT ON!!

Smedley on April 23, 2012 at 4:32 PM

“Where are the colored officers?” – 2:54 mark

Colored officers? I guess they really do want to return to the 60′s.

Fallon on April 23, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I thought these leftists were supposed to be so good at art?

bernverdnardo1 on April 23, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Bishop on April 23, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Looks to me like a good opportunity for some target practice for us Constitutuon and gun clinging conservatives. Should be fun!!!!

dentarthurdent on April 23, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Here is a great Occupy Wall Street spoof! :)

Language warning, but funny! – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP9ZCejJm80

JasperBallbaggins on April 23, 2012 at 4:49 PM

It is not ‘Mersa’. It is MRSA – Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus – a VERY bad bacterial infection.

JeffPBlues on April 23, 2012 at 4:50 PM

verbaluce on April 23, 2012 at 3:09 PM

How ’bout you tell us how many have ever been arrested at a TEA Party gathering…vs how many hundreds have been arrested at #ows demonstrations.
How many rapes and child molestations at a TP gathering…vs at an #ows riot?
How many murders at a TP gathering…vs murders at #ows riots and in their encampments?
How many buildings has the TEA Party burned down…vs how many have the #owsers burned — whether they were occupied or not?
Oh. And be sure to post a picture of a TEA Partier defecating on a cop car. Post it right beside the ones of #owsers doing it.

And be sure to add audio/video of calls for violence and murder by the TEA Partiers…..just like the #owser brats do.

Solaratov on April 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Bishop on April 23, 2012 at 2:57 PM

dentarthurdent on April 23, 2012 at 4:49 PM

If we could stop laughing at them long enough.

Solaratov on April 23, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Christien on April 23, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Whether I know or not has absolutely nothing to do with what I was criticizing.

Durka-Durka on April 23, 2012 at 5:06 PM

That being said, why do these commie anarchist rainbow killers always prefer an AK over an AR? They’re pieces of crap propped up by commie romanticists.

Durka-Durka on April 23, 2012 at 3:37 PM

I don’t know about that. I own a few AKs, a Dragunov SVD and a couple of Saiga shotguns. They all seem to do their job well and reliably.

Solaratov on April 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Durka-Durka on April 23, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Solaratov on April 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM

My son has an AK, and we’ve done some shooting with it for fun. Accuracy isn’t great at distance, but they’re effective below 100 yards – you can pretty well nail a human silhouette target within that range. And they are very durable – drag it through mud and it still shoots – as well as it does clean (a bit of sarc there).
But an AK would not my first choice.

dentarthurdent on April 23, 2012 at 5:19 PM

verbaluce on April 23, 2012 at 3:09 PM

How many rapes and child molestations at a TP gathering…vs at an #ows riot?

Solaratov on April 23, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Do you really, really believe for one second that he cares one bit about facts?

kbTexan on April 23, 2012 at 5:23 PM

If I had a f–king AK right now…

I have a solution dude, let’s go get guns.

I’m sure Eric Holder can set you kids up with some gats.

Crusty on April 23, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Durka-Durka on April 23, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Yeah, I was trying to figure out how your knowledge or lack thereof was indicated in the headline with which you disagree.

/since it’s, evidently, necessary.

Christien on April 23, 2012 at 5:38 PM

/since it’s, evidently, necessary.

Christien on April 23, 2012 at 5:38 PM

What does a history of violence with the Portland police have to do with the fact that the headline was misleading? The headline implied that what was said was a threat. By watching the video, IMO, it was said as a sarcastic joke poking fun at another protestor, and not even in a threatening way as you want to imply.

The kid talking about an AK was much more threatening, but keep trying to bring my “lack of knowledge” up.

As I said in my first post, hypocrisy will ruin credibility every time, and taking a quote out of context when we complain about it happening to us qualifies as such.

Durka-Durka on April 23, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Do you really, really believe for one second that he cares one bit about facts?

kbTexan on April 23, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Not really. No.

Solaratov on April 23, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Durka-Durka on April 23, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Lots of threats are followed by the obligatory CYA j/k. I happen to think the headline is fine. Your proposed alternate headline is fine, too. And I definitely see what point you’re trying to make.

As for your other stuff, I’m just messing with your garbled writing. Nothing more than that.

Christien on April 23, 2012 at 6:02 PM

LoL. Someone tell these morons you need a job before you can go on strike.

bitsy on April 23, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Hmmm. Where have we heard this before? Oh yeah! From that guy in Obama’s neighborhood!

txhsmom on April 23, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Well, if you insist.

/Barney FrankMayor Sam Adams

Kataklysmic on April 23, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Fixed.

Christien on April 23, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Heh…and Tre Arrow is running for Mayor.

kakypat on April 23, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Portland, Oregon – California’s Canada, they have sowed, and now they shall reap.

Dr Evil on April 23, 2012 at 3:53 PM

THAT is the truth!

kakypat on April 23, 2012 at 7:06 PM

SpiderMike on April 23, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Rovin on April 23, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I saw it, too.

They won’t win this time, either.

kakypat on April 23, 2012 at 7:08 PM

“It’s a KKK rally without the hoods”- Random Occupy Member

The horrible, despicable, disgusting, embarrassing truth is that you would see more civility at a KKK rally that an Occupy camp. Also, fewer hood(ie)s, the Anarchists’ vestiment of choice.

Glenn Jericho on April 23, 2012 at 7:18 PM

kakypat on April 23, 2012 at 7:06 PM

LOL…used to be the webfoot and mossback only despised southern Californians.

As for Tre, smh. For real comic relief, though, did you read community activist Cameron Whitten’s mayoral candidate statement in the Voters’ Pamphlet? Portland so deserves him.

Christien on April 23, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Durka-Durka on April 23, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Because they work even if they are dirty and neglected, just like the OWS protesters!

Bulletchaser on April 23, 2012 at 7:30 PM

If these ‘peaceful protesters” want AK-47′s they’re going to need some ammo.

Anyone else here remember the ‘reloaded’ 7.62X39mm rounds we left in the dumps along the Ho Chi Trail?

Disclaimer: I have NO intention of doing it here.

MR. ARIZONA on April 23, 2012 at 7:34 PM

A moonbat is a moonbat. When I see an anti-establishment neo-hippy and a skinhead neo-Nazi standing next to each other, the only difference I see between them is hairstyle.

logis on April 23, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Christien on April 23, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I’m not a native, having moved here from NC 20 years ago during one SoCal invasion. But, I remember what a nice city Portland was back then (before Kitz 1.0 and Katz) and have witnessed a remarkable change in attitude towards the invaders, not that they were liked before.

My husband is hogging the voter’s pamphlet, so I haven’t seen it yet. I love to read every word of it. It’s always good for a giggle. I’ll keep a lookout for Whitten’s statement…should be good!

kakypat on April 23, 2012 at 8:05 PM

It’s going to be a Kent State again. They can ignore the laws just so long and the longer they wait to enforce the law the confidence of OWS will overflow into killing that will be swift and ugly and the msm will play it to the max along with the ACLU, the left and blaming it all on the right.

mixplix on April 23, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Do it. Show America who you are.

hawkdriver on April 24, 2012 at 6:17 AM

Glenn Jericho on April 23, 2012 at 7:18 PM

You know what’s really sick? There is hard historical evidence for what you just said. I’ve seen photographs of Tri-K events that were basically old-time neighborhood picnics. They were whiter than a “Dick & Jane” book, but so peaceful you could’ve taken a busful of kids to them.

The typical OWS rally is made up of unwashed, ragtag street-scrapings who look like they snuck out of the local homeless shelter. And you wouldn’t take your kids within a mile of anywhere they congregated.

And I know whereof I speak, because there was one a few months ago in my own city. Praise God it didn’t amount to more than 100 derelicts and class-skipping college students with canned talking points and signs they got off Google searches.

MelonCollie on April 24, 2012 at 8:50 AM