Video: ‘If I Wanted America to Fail’

posted at 5:00 pm on April 22, 2012 by Morgen Richmond

A provocative new video from the folks over at Americans for Limited Government promoting a new project focused on economic liberty and free market policies. It’s very well done, if perhaps a little on the long side. Watch:

The message at the very end is especially poignant:

If I wanted America to fail I…I suppose I wouldn’t change a thing.

This is exactly right of course, and the prescription for change is more than just about electing a new president in November, or the GOP winning a majority in the Senate.  Yes, the destructive effects of big government on economic prosperity and individual liberty have been exponentially worse since Democrats won a majority in Congress in 2006. Culminating in the nightmare of 2009-2010. But America veered off course long before this, with both parties complicit in the growth of runaway government spending and the perpetual expansion of federal power.

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail any more than Republicans do, and I don’t think this is really the message of this video. But there is an immense contrast in the vision of what a successful America means between the left and the right. For many Americans, I daresay most, an America that seeks to maintain a facade of shared prosperity by confiscating more and more resources from the most productive among us, and placing them at the disposal of power-seekers in Washington D.C., is not a vision of success at all. It’s a recipe for decline, and friction in our society at a time when we should be seeking out and supporting more effective, and unifying, solutions to the challenges we face.

This is the choice we face at the ballot box this November.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail

You think wrong my friend !

burrata on April 22, 2012 at 5:04 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail any more than Republicans do…

rethink

t8stlikchkn on April 22, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Awesome video. I just got done watching it as someone just posted it on another thread a few minutes ago. Share it. Make it go viral.

CW on April 22, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Keynes:

Lenin is said to have declared that the best way to destroy the capitalist system was to debauch the currency. By a continuing process of inflation, governments can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens. By this method they not only confiscate, but they confiscate arbitrarily; and, while the process impoverishes many, it actually enriches some. The sight of this arbitrary rearrangement of riches strikes not only at security, but at confidence in the equity of the existing distribution of wealth. Those to whom the system brings windfalls, beyond their deserts and even beyond their expectations or desires, become ‘profiteers,’ who are the object of the hatred of the bourgeoisie, whom the inflationism has impoverished, not less than of the proletariat. As the inflation proceeds and the real value of the currency fluctuates wildly from month to month, all permanent relations between debtors and creditors, which form the ultimate foundation of capitalism, become so utterly disordered as to be almost meaningless; and the process of wealth-getting degenerates into a gamble and a lottery.

Lenin was certainly right. There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose.

that first paragraph pretty much describes our current situation to a tee.

r keller on April 22, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Great video.

keep the change on April 22, 2012 at 5:09 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail

Define success and failure first.

The left in general wants 98 percent of America(except for their chosen few) to live the same as the poor man. They think that is fair.

CW on April 22, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail any more than Republicans do,

Ah, but the President is no ordinary Democrat.

itsnotaboutme on April 22, 2012 at 5:11 PM

The only critique is that he should have replaced “fail” with “change”.

keep the change on April 22, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Wow.

Great message.

(love the Rod Serling-esque delivery)

Tim_CA on April 22, 2012 at 5:12 PM

r keller on April 22, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Quoting Lenin on his birthday, huh?

But Leninism is what “Earth Day” is all about.

itsnotaboutme on April 22, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Just watch leftists try to ban as provocative.

mike0993 on April 22, 2012 at 5:12 PM

One of the more important videos you will see. I posted it to my forum yesterday.

trapeze on April 22, 2012 at 5:12 PM

i know D’Souza is not welcome in polite company but he seems to have a movie coming out about the second term for Obama

r keller on April 22, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail any more than Republicans do

You’re not paying attention.

PalinLover on April 22, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail any more than Republicans do

have you not been paying attention to politics?

Just curious.

upinak on April 22, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Well first of all….

….he’s a white guy (which means he’s a racist).

….and then he talks about Energy (which means this must be paid for by BIG OIL).

…and that education stuff (he hates Unions).

…attacking Wind Power (Climate change denier).

…prosperity? (he must be rich).

…and he likes Thomas Edison and Steve Jobs? (evil capitalist)

…attacking the media (right winger).

…mentioning closing guitar factories? (Ayn Rand nutjob).

…fail/crisis/shutting down industries (gloom and doomer).

…mentioning success? (hates the poor)

….regulations criticism (wants to poison the air and water).

and yes it was a bit too long.

SoundByte Americans do not approve.

PappyD61 on April 22, 2012 at 5:14 PM

“I don’t think Democrats want America to fail any more than Republicans do.”

Well, they may not call it failure, but (for simplicity let’s say all) the Dems want the system to implode, so that they can rebuild it using Socialist Lego Blocks. And everyone will be happy. Utopia will be in place. Etc., etc.

EMD on April 22, 2012 at 5:16 PM

If I recall correctly, Rush said he wanted bho to ‘fail’ but it was everything bho stood for and wanted to do, not our nation? Rush got he!! for that and still does.

I do not want my beloved nation to fail, but with what we have now in the wh and team, it is headed for an epic ‘fail’ if we don’t change it?

We need to keep the house, get the senate, and wh to try and un-do this anti-American we now have in the wh. Also, you need to try and deal with your city, country, and state elections to see to it the 10th is what our founders had in mind.
L

letget on April 22, 2012 at 5:19 PM

I would elect a person President who has absolutely no experience ever managing anything but seems to love to pit one American against another.

50sGuy on April 22, 2012 at 5:20 PM

If I were the devil-Paul Harvey

underemployed on April 22, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail any more than Republicans do,

And Obama is a nice guy.
Oh, yeah/s

RalphyBoy on April 22, 2012 at 5:24 PM

The only critique is that he should have replaced “fail” with “change”.

keep the change on April 22, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Or
” fundamental transformation of America “

burrata on April 22, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Educate those that don’t realize they’ve been indoctrinated.

I love this video!

redridinghood on April 22, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Yes I want Obama to fail in his goal of Euro type gas prices. Don’t dare call me un-American. Call me un-European.

CW on April 22, 2012 at 5:27 PM

50sGuy on April 22, 2012 at 5:20 PM

CW on April 22, 2012 at 5:27 PM

The video is quite troubling, especially in regards to the sad fact that it really just scratches the surface. The damage that has already been done is broad and deep,for it exists in the cultural realm as well as the political, and even should we replace the current administration, the forces that gave rise to this beast will remain.

Paul Harvey presciently predicted as much with his “If I were the devil” monologue in 1965. It is from this prophetic well spring “If I wanted America to fail” is drawn.

(see: http://wvcdistrictmi.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/if-i-were-the-devil-paul-harvey-in-1965-paul-harvey-in-1965-plus-links-in-10-other-languages-2/

ariel on April 22, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail any more than Republicans do

SERIOUSLY?!? No budget in 3 years…, dividing the country at every turn…they could care LESS if the USA goes down…AS LONG as they hold power.

You do not pay attention AT ALL…sir

winston on April 22, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail…

If not, then show us the evidence that Democrats care whether we fail.

Environmentalists clearly want America to fail if it might help The Earth.

Kohath on April 22, 2012 at 5:29 PM

If I wanted America to fail, I would make the only two choices for political parties to be extremist progressive and mostly progressive. Kind of what an Obama/Romney matchup is going to be. That is really what will destroy America. Giving us the, I would not change a thing party Republican and the lets speed things up Democrats.

astonerii on April 22, 2012 at 5:31 PM

WOW. This is a fantastic video … spread the word!

MisterPundit on April 22, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail

Depends on what you mean by “America”.

If you just mean the geographical place, the expansive piece of land between Mexico and Canada and the people who live there, I guess Democrats want them to have some kind of success and are not necessarily interested in promoting suffering.

If you mean by America the unique political experiment of limited government and souvereign individuals, divisions of power and federalism, free speech and property rights, Democrats and progressives want nothing less than its destruction.

Valkyriepundit on April 22, 2012 at 5:32 PM

If I wanted America to fail I…I suppose I wouldn’t change a thing.
==================================================================

And according to Dopey/Ragey,on the “Failure”,

he has an angle,its the Mean O’ Publicans who
are putting a ‘Door Stopper’ in his way,er,

I mean ‘Congress’,is Boinking and Scrotching
Up Obama’s,

Fundamentally Transformational Change of America!!

canopfor on April 22, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail

The question is: is Hot Air going to get another naif as a blogger?

Starting to look that way.

Rebar on April 22, 2012 at 5:35 PM

That was Absolutely Fabulous,brilliant,

and Shinning the Light of Truth,er
a `FlameThrower more to da point!!

canopfor on April 22, 2012 at 5:36 PM

would elect a man who helped create a business climate in which 1 of 2 college grads are unemployed or underemployed.

CW on April 22, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Not only that, these college grads have no chance of getting jobs because Hussein is using taxpayer money to train foreigners to take jobs here

burrata on April 22, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Excellent!

More like this, pls.

petefrt on April 22, 2012 at 5:37 PM

The question is: is Hot Air going to get another naif as a blogger?

Starting to look that way.

Rebar on April 22, 2012 at 5:35 PM

lol…had to look that one up!
(consider it stolen)

Tim_CA on April 22, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Obama would not call it failing, but rather creative destruction.

albill on April 22, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Very good video, too.
Spread it around to everyone.

And it could be subtitled:
“The Obama Presidency”.

albill on April 22, 2012 at 5:40 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail

Correct. They just want it to succeed with less freedom, less power, less prosperity and more cowbell.

Finbar on April 22, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I don’t think

You should have stopped right there.

chimney sweep on April 22, 2012 at 5:44 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail

Which ones? For example in the House of Representatives there are 24 Blue Dogs left after their 81 Progressive communist brethren sacrificed them for an unprecedented naked power grab in the form of Obamacare. (SEE Bart Stupak) That leaves 85 yellow dog democrats are those the ones, you think don’t want America to fail? The old, go along to get alongs?. It depends doesn’t it on just which democrats you are referring to. If a democrat votes democrat even when they “know” they are voting for socialism, and the down fall of the United States – that those same “public servants” swore an oath to defend, is it a distinction with a difference?

Dr Evil on April 22, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Good video but it was too long. Video should have been 2 1/2 minutes long instead of 4+. As the bard said: “Brevity is the soul of wit.”

ManFromNowhere on April 22, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail any more than Republicans do

The Republicans are merely fools and cowards, but they don’t want America to fail because they know that’d be the end of the gravy train.

Democrats would have no problem with tearing it all down just to rebuild it in their own image.

MelonCollie on April 22, 2012 at 5:46 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail any more than Republicans do

Um, ever hear of Cloward Piven. It’s not just a theory anymore.

The Cloward-Piven Strategy was inspired by the August 1965 riots in the black district of Watts in Los Angeles (which erupted after police had used batons to subdue a black man suspected of drunk driving). In their 1966 article, “The Weight of the Poor: A Strategy to End Poverty,” Cloward and Piven charged that the ruling classes used welfare to weaken the poor; that by providing a social safety net, the rich doused the fires of rebellion. Poor people can advance only when “the rest of society is afraid of them,” Cloward told The New York Times on September 27, 1970. Rather than placating the poor with government hand-outs, wrote Cloward and Piven, activists should work to sabotage and destroy the welfare system; the collapse of the welfare state would ignite a political and financial crisis that would rock the nation; poor people would rise in revolt; only then would “the rest of society” accept their demands. The key to sparking this rebellion would be to expose the inadequacy of the welfare state. Cloward-Piven’s early promoters cited radical organizer Saul Alinsky as their inspiration. “Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules,” Alinsky wrote in his 1972 book, “Rules for Radicals.” When pressed to honor every word of every law and statute, every Judaeo-Christian moral tenet, and every implicit promise of the liberal social contract, human agencies inevitably fall short. The system’s failure to “live up” to its rule book can then be used to discredit it altogether, and to replace the capitalist “rule book” with a socialist one.

From James Simpson at American Thinker, we learn: “For many it is simply a practical matter of eliciting votes from a targeted constituency at taxpayer expense; we lose a little, they gain a lot, and the politician keeps his job. But for others, the goal is more malevolent – the failure is deliberate. Don’t laugh. This method not only has its proponents, it has a name: the Cloward-Piven Strategy. It describes their agenda, tactics, and long-term strategy.” [IMHO this article is excellent - a "must read"]

FLconservative on April 22, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Sorry, but this is the precise message of the video. If you consider energy independence with low-cost energy, limited regulations that encourage entrepreneurship, and the primacy of property rights as a means to a free, prosperous citizenry success…then, I am very sorry to have to tell you, but democrats do indeed want America to fail — and they are doing everything they can to move that along as quickly as possible.

Rational Thought on April 22, 2012 at 5:47 PM

ManFromNowhere on April 22, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Normally I’d agree, but this video kept my interest the entire time. It’s very good.

Fallon on April 22, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Fallon on April 22, 2012 at 5:49 PM

It sure did…
In fact…

I am going to watch it again..

WTF

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail any more than Republicans do

Oh. I get it. He knew this would spark considerable outrage from the posters thus more comments. Brilliant!

FLconservative on April 22, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail any more than Republicans do

Democrats want America to “succeed” by disappearing.

Into one more Third world Balkinized Crapistan.

profitsbeard on April 22, 2012 at 5:53 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail…

Liberals have a different definition of “fail” than conservatives do, just as they have a different definition of “fairness,” “freedom,” “democracy,” “justice,” “judicial activism,” etc. etc.

A prosperous country with close to full employment and liberty for all is not success from a liberal’s point of view. Too much freedom, from a liberal’s point of view, is regressive. Employment isn’t as important as redressing old grievances. When racial antagonism grows,when more people work for the government, when oil drilling has been curtailed, etc. as is occurring now, that is considered success. That’s why discussing success and failure in this way is so problematic–because the terms are defined so completely differently by the two separate groups.

Burke on April 22, 2012 at 5:56 PM

It doesn’t really matter if Obama and the Democrats want America to fail, or if they’re completely incompetent. The question is: If they were trying to destroy the country, in what ways would it look different than it does?

I don’t think it would look even a little bit different.

applebutter on April 22, 2012 at 5:59 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail

I don’t think the average Democrat voter wants America to fail. They just don’t realize the policies their Party pushes will ultimately destroy America. I blame the MSM and the schools for their ignorance.
Democrat politicians on the other hand do want America to fail. They want a Socialist America.

redridinghood on April 22, 2012 at 6:01 PM

FLconservative on April 22, 2012 at 5:51 PM

BINGO! sole purpose of the site…the more outrageous the claim/poll the better!!!

winston on April 22, 2012 at 6:03 PM

When the lottery neared a billion dollers, all walks of life bought tickets. Most people in this country want to rich.

newportmike on April 22, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Now if I wanted America (or at least Utah) to succeed I might share this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWnPI3Yo2b0&feature=player_embedded#!

CW on April 22, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Most people in this country want to rich.

newportmike on April 22, 2012 at 6:04 PM

They’re eeeevvvvvviiiiillllll !

CW on April 22, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail any more than Republicans do

…Harry Reid, JugEars & Co. hardest hit!

KOOLAID2 on April 22, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I am going to watch it again..

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I made hubby watch it so I could see it again. He said it sounded like an Ayn Rand soliloquy.

Fallon on April 22, 2012 at 6:13 PM

“I would only need to convince them that all of this is for the greater good….and MORE FAIR”

Would’ve been better if “fairness” was in there somewhere, too, as “fairness” is Pres Obama’s mantra fav…

smylatu on April 22, 2012 at 6:15 PM

“Who is John Galt?” I hope more and more people bother to find out…

smylatu on April 22, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I don’t think Democrats want the USA to fail. I just don’t agree with their definition of “success.”

JamesS on April 22, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Isn’t Morgen Richmond the guy who is a California businessman who posted a while back in support of something dumb and we all pointed to him and suggested that he’d been in CA way too long?

Oh yeah – it’s the same guy!

Now the better question: why is this guy allowed to post on HA?

beatcanvas on April 22, 2012 at 6:18 PM

And If I wanted America to fail, I’d convince Gays, Union workers, Feminists and other groups that their personal issues trump that of our country and society…

moc23 on April 22, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail

I disagree. They want to destroy America and “transform” it into their socialist utopia. So yeah they do want it to fail.

Great video!

dogsoldier on April 22, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Now the better question: why is this guy allowed to post on HA?

beatcanvas on April 22, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Yes who in the he11 would want diversity of thought???

Oh noessss.

CW on April 22, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Yes who in the he11 would want diversity of thought???

CW on April 22, 2012 at 6:23 PM

If I want diversity of thought, I can turn on the evening news. This is a conservative outlet, and one of the few. When a guy posts that tax increases ought to be on the table, he completely misunderstands the problem: it’s not revenue, it’s spending. He’s part of the problem when he plays the “everything on the table” game with Democrats, because cuts are never on the table.

Democrats don’t want America to fail? No businessman can look the size of our intentional debt in the eye and not believe that the people working hard to ratchet up that debt ($5T in three years) is going to do anything but ruin this country. But we can sugarcoat it in mamby pamby speak and call it “diversity of thought” if it makes you sleep better at night.

beatcanvas on April 22, 2012 at 6:29 PM

So if democrats did eight destructive things, how many more would you need to purchase a clue?

arnold ziffel on April 22, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Morgan, like so many others have said… The democrats want nothing more than a free capitalist society to fail so that it can be replaced with their socialist God forsaken form of government. We don’t need ny more naive or squishy moderates on our side. Buck up and accept the enemy for what he is and get prepared to fight for America before it no longer is the land of the free!

CCRWM on April 22, 2012 at 6:41 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail any more than Republicans do

That maybe so, but if the outcome is an epic fail then does it really matter what they think? Less thinking and doing, we’d all be better off. Most of the thinking was done for us over 200 years ago. Washington should honor the contract with America.

racquetballer on April 22, 2012 at 6:42 PM

From the same American Thinker article by James Simpson that FLConservative referenced:

This time, in addition to overwhelming the government with demands for services, Obama and the Democrats are overwhelming political opposition to their plans with a flood of apocalyptic legislation. Their ultimate goal is to leave us so discouraged, demoralized, and exhausted that we throw our hands up in defeat. As Charles Rangel* said, “the middle class will be too distracted to fight.”

These people are our enemies.
They don’t use guns, yet, but they are just as dangerous, determined, and duplicitous as the communists we faced in the Cold War, Korea, Vietnam, and bush wars across the globe, and the Nazis we faced in World War II.

“These people are our enemies.” There is nothing innocent in what Obama and the Democrats are doing to this country. It cannot be said often enough and it’s a good thing to keep in mind while watching the great video from Americans for Limited Government.

PatriotGal2257 on April 22, 2012 at 6:43 PM

This needs to go viral.

Red Cloud on April 22, 2012 at 6:48 PM

ariel on April 22, 2012 at 5:28 PM

It is the unions. That is where it began and that’s where it is going to end. Public employee unions must be abolished.

Key West Reader on April 22, 2012 at 6:51 PM

You are soooooo right! (in every way!)

BTW, visited Key West for the first time a couple of weeks ago…loved it!

smylatu on April 22, 2012 at 6:56 PM

15 trillion dollars later, who cares what anybody thinks?

racquetballer on April 22, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I don’t think saying Democrats want America to fail is a good message to send. I think saying Liberals want America to fail is more accurate.

See, all liberals are Democrats, but not all Democrats are liberals. I think the argument has to be defined around that fact that liberalism is a mental disorder that attempts to twist the average person’s good intentions into illogical decisions that make small problems worse.

If they can break this video into about 10 good ads it could really work over the next 6 months.

goflyers on April 22, 2012 at 7:10 PM

CW on April 22, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Emailed it (the YT link) to a non-political buddy of mine. (Not sure if he voted for Odumbo in ’08, but with his family I wouldn’t doubt it.)

I hate advertising (including on the Super Bowl–never watch them). But, I thought this was very effective. (Could be personal bias.)

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail

How would they behave differently if they wanted it to?

CurtZHP on April 22, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Brilliant!

bs4948800 on April 22, 2012 at 7:19 PM

GOOD VIDEO !
Passing it on .. everywhere/way I can think of.

pambi on April 22, 2012 at 7:19 PM

goflyers on April 22, 2012 at 7:10 PM

You grew up with democrat voters, didn’t you?

(Lol) Seriously, if your family elders were democrat voters, it doesn’t mean they were/are bad folks. It’s my theory that most of the democrat voters in the middle-of-the-country today don’t understand who, exactly, Washington democrats are.

I think those people more closely relate to Washington republicans.

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 7:21 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail ..

Most Democrats do not want America to fail. They just want what they want, right now, and although the Democrats who are not idiots (most of them) know perfectly well it would destroy America for them to get everything they are fighting for, most of them count on the Republicans to stop them enough to keep America from failing.

If the Democrats are too successful at getting what they want, then it will have been the Republicans’ fault, and America’s failure will just be another in an endless list of Democrat created “unintended” consequences.

fadetogray on April 22, 2012 at 7:22 PM

CW on April 22, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Very inspiring, CW, thanks for linking.

Kenosha Kid on April 22, 2012 at 7:25 PM

r keller on April 22, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I just watched it. He is a brave man. Excellent speech and I can’t wait for the movie!

FLconservative on April 22, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I just saw this advertised on Fox!

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Environmentalism, like Liberalism is a Criminal Mental Disorder.

Kini on April 22, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail any more than Republicans do

Well then you are not paying attention.

Democrats keep pushing these massive spending schemes that leave a legacy of debt to our children. It isn’t just about the here and now. How can you look in the face of a child and tell them that they are already tens of thousands of dollars in debt because of Democrats?

Democrats keep limiting energy choices as if some miracle new energy source will be technologically possible if they just cut off the flow of oil. I’m guessing you don’t drive to come up with the moronic idea that Democrats are supportive of America. Here in the real world, Americans already struggling with the Obama depression are facing $4.00/gallon gas and higher costs for everything that is transported by road including food.

Democrats have decided to attack the Jews and America’s traditional allies and support America’s enemies.

Democrats have decided to pick winners and losers among private sector companies based solely on how much they have contributed to Obama’s reelection campaign.

In short, it is not possible to be both supportive of America and supportive of the Demonrat party. How ANYBODY could come to some other conclusion is simply a demonstration of stupidity beyond any rational explanation.

Happy Nomad on April 22, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail…

Those chemicals you are imbibing are one potent mix to arrive at this. Giving the benefit of the doubt to followers of a philosophy that has always brought oppression, death and destruction is not a sign of a well thought out argument.

chemman on April 22, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail any more than Republicans do.

I might agree if we were talking about John Kennedy Democrats, or even Bill Clinton Democrats. But we’re not. We’re talking about Øbama Democrats, Pelosi Democrats, Woodstock Democrats, Baby Boomer Democrats who live in the shadow of Marx, Lenin, Mao, Alinsky and Ayers. Often they call themselves “Progressives”. Yes, they say they love America. But what they love is their vision for their new America, an America fundamentally transformed into the antithesis of its former self.

As Glenn Beck so well put it, imagine saying to your wife, “Honey, I love you so much that I’m going to fundamentally transform you.”

So yes, they want America to fail. They want our America to fail to clear the way for their new Amerika to take over.

The few remaining classic libs are our friends, but the progressives are the enemy within, in the most lethal sense.

petefrt on April 22, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail any more than Republicans do

Maybe not. The problem is though, they both define
America differently.

Cleombrotus on April 22, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I don’t think Democrats want America to fail

You are wrong about Obama –the entire premise of Critical Race Theory (brainchild of Obama’s mentor at Harvard Derrick Bell whose ideas we should “open our hearts to & embrace” according to Obama) and Black Liberation Theology (Rev. Wright, Obama’s mentor for 20 years) is that our entire government — its laws & institutions — are designed to keep white people with all the power & to make sure black people stay powerless. The only way for black people to gain power is to destroy those institutions & laws & remake them (i.e., fundamentally change America).

As for the average Joe Democrat who has bought into Obama’s snake oil you are right — they don’t want America to fail, but they are too stupid to see that is *exactly* what Obama is really selling them.

Dark Star on April 22, 2012 at 7:49 PM

CW on April 22, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Mia Love wins the nomination.

redridinghood on April 22, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Most liberals I know honestly feel that socialism is “fair” and will benefit everyone. They genuinely think that progressivism gives them MORE freedom, and doesn’t see the shackles being snapped into place behind their backs. (No clearer evidence than the contraception debate — willfully surrendering power to make their own medical decisions in the name of free birth control). They THINK they are helping the world because they are thinking so short-term.

This is, of course, in stark contrast to the democrats in power, who KNOW that socialism will ruin lives, but are counting on their positions of power to “shield” them from the fall-out.

So no, I agree with Morgan, I don’t think your average liberal/democrat wants America to fail, but they are willfully leading the charge down that path.

Violina23 on April 22, 2012 at 8:01 PM

This type of message needs to be drummed in day in and day out until the election. I like it and it rings very true. Perfecto. Hopefully more of these are coming.

wsucoug on April 22, 2012 at 8:02 PM