Rubio: Let’s just respect the running-mate process now

posted at 6:30 pm on April 22, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Wouldn’t it be ironic if a Republican politician called for everyone to chill out for a while and let Mitt Romney engage in his process for picking a running mate — and used it as a springboard for even more speculation? Oh, wait — that’s not irony, it’s punditry.  Either way or both at the same time, I doubt that anyone will take Marco Rubio’s advice and find something else to discuss for the next three or four months … like, say, dog handling or cookie analysis:

Rubio says, ““The last thing he needs are those of us in the peanut gallery to be saying what we would or would not do,” so of course that’s the first thing the rest of us will do.   Callum Bortchers at the Boston Globe interpreted Rubio’s remarks as to reopen the question of whether he would accept an invitation onto the ticket:

Florida Senator Marco Rubio downplayed his higher office aspirations in a TV interview aired Sunday, refusing to discuss his vice presidential prospects and saying he does not think about becoming president some day.

But the statements by Rubio, a first-term Republican with a burgeoning national profile, were softer than ones he made last week, when he told the National Journal that he would say no if presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney asked him to be his running mate.

“Let me just say this about the vice presidential process,” Rubio said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “Up to now it’s all been theoretical. We have a nominee now, and our nominee, Mitt Romney, the leader of the Republican Party, has a vice presidential process in place. And I think from this point moving forward, I think it’d be wise for all Republicans to kind of respect that process, myself included, and say moving forward, we’re going to let his process play itself out.”

I didn’t get that at all.  What I heard was Rubio refusing to even play along with the question, although he did suggest earlier that Jeb Bush would make a great choice for Romney, when Candy Crowley started off by noting that Bush was pushing Rubio as the running mate.  Bush himself categorically stated yesterday that he wouldn’t get the offer, and that the media should get over the idea:

Former Florida governor Jeb Bush, the son of one U.S. president and the brother of another, said he wants to put to rest any talk of him becoming the running mate of presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney.

“I am not going to be the veep nominee,” Bush said in an e-mailed statement yesterday. “Lay that to rest.”

The question arose after an earlier interview with the Newsmax.TV website in which Bush didn’t rule out the idea. In the interview, he touted the qualifications of U.S. Senator Marco Rubio of Florida for the second spot on the ticket. …

“I guess I wasn’t clear enough,” he said.

I like Jeb Bush, and on paper, he seems like a great choice.  He remains incredibly popular after a long, successful run as governor of a critical swing state in the election this year, and while he’s not exactly a darling of the base, he would bring regional balance and potentially some enthusiasm from Latino voters.  There’s only one fly in the ointment — his last name.  Adding Jeb to the ticket would allow Team Obama to run against George Bush all over again in 2012, a strategy that they will pursue anyway but with little credibility — at least without a Bush on the ticket.  Jeb’s smart enough to know that, and so is Mitt Romney.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

No! Let’s not!

KOOLAID2 on April 22, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Stop dogging Rubio, even if you think he’s the pick of the litter.

batterup on April 22, 2012 at 6:33 PM

No Bush!

KOOLAID2 on April 22, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Stop dogging Rubio, even if you think he’s the pick of the litter.

batterup on April 22, 2012 at 6:33 PM

…stop it!…he’ll be eaten!

KOOLAID2 on April 22, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Guarantees Florida… Rubio for VP!

BobScuba on April 22, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Ed, with that picture you used–is that Rubio?!?–I think Rubio’s chances for VP are done.

(Is that Rubio?!?)

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Rubio= Empty Suit. All talk and no substance.

Uppereastside on April 22, 2012 at 6:36 PM

…of course…JugEars can’t eat grizzlies!

KOOLAID2 on April 22, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Guarantees Florida… Rubio for VP!

BobScuba on April 22, 2012 at 6:35 PM

So force Sketchy to nominate him then.

Uppereastside on April 22, 2012 at 6:37 PM

If we do this obvious and sell-out pander with this clearly too inexperienced vp, it won’t help us with Hispanics, it will make us the laughing stock, and hurt us. “If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em” is not a strategy. This would be a cowardly approach, and a sure loser.

anotherJoe on April 22, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Rubio= Empty Suit. All talk and no substance.

Uppereastside on April 22, 2012 at 6:36 PM

…yes…yes….yes!…We know why you sit at your key board… naked!

KOOLAID2 on April 22, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Oh. Thank. God.

I like Ryan, but Romney really needs someone who can burnish the foreign policy cred of his ticket. I said earlier John Bolton, maybe? Who else can fill that void on Romney’s resume?

Rational Thought on April 22, 2012 at 6:41 PM

=======================================

Its an OUTRAGE!!
(sarc)

canopfor on April 22, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Uppereastside= Clown Suit. All mock and no substance.

ShainS on April 22, 2012 at 6:42 PM

So force Sketchy to nominate him then.

Uppereastside on April 22, 2012 at 6:37 PM

…the only forcing to be done…is in your party Upyerassideways!

KOOLAID2 on April 22, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Rubio= Empty Suit. All talk and no substance.

Uppereastside on April 22, 2012 at 6:36 PM

…yes…yes….yes!…We know why you sit at your key board… naked!

KOOLAID2 on April 22, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Are you Daniel Bryan from WWE? Yes!Yes!Yes!

Uppereastside on April 22, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Rational Thought on April 22, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Condi.

Key West Reader on April 22, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I wonder if Joe Biden is sweating Romney’s VP choice? If Romney chooses wisely (I realize that’s a big IF), and the polls shift dramatically, will Biden begin see the bottom of the bus?

Serious question: Will BHO toss Biden aside? And if so, who will be the replacement?

4Grace on April 22, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Condi.

Key West Reader on April 22, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Yes. She would be a fine choice, but I don’t think she wants it.

Rational Thought on April 22, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Sorry for the typos. Sheesh. Preview is my friend. :)

4Grace on April 22, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Uppereastside on April 22, 2012 at 6:45 PM

….surprised you know who that is…you’re not!

KOOLAID2 on April 22, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Rational Thought on April 22, 2012 at 6:41 PM

What?

Though I agree that John Bolton would be great – there’s ZERO chance he’ll be picked and you OUGHT to know that.

The VP pick will be a member of the establishment – Bolton’s not a member of it – sorry. His ongoing fights with Condoleeza Rice should have tipped you off to that fact.

HondaV65 on April 22, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Oh. Thank. God.

Rational Thought on April 22, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Why do you like Ryan? Cause he is decent looking with a square jaw most women and gay men would die for? Cause that’s all he’s got champ. The voodoo economics he preaches will never be part of any legislation passed in this country. I can guarantee you that.

Uppereastside on April 22, 2012 at 6:52 PM

This is April. Romney probably won’t announce a running mate until August. Lets just give this topic a rest for a while.

crosspatch on April 22, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Condi.

Key West Reader on April 22, 2012 at 6:48 PM

…and she, can throw a pitch!

KOOLAID2 on April 22, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Sorry for the typos. Sheesh. Preview is my friend. :)

4Grace on April 22, 2012 at 6:51 PM

That’s OK

We hear at Hot Gas dont ridicul won’s type-os

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Uppereastside on April 22, 2012 at 6:52 PM

…when you get through Econ 101…then comment!…the present math is H A R D for you!

KOOLAID2 on April 22, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Condi.

Key West Reader on April 22, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Yes. She would be a fine choice, but I don’t think she wants it.

Rational Thought on April 22, 2012 at 6:51 PM

That is because she wants nothing to do with a losing ticket. Plus she doesn’t want to be known as the first black VP nominee to be part of a losing ticket.

Uppereastside on April 22, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Is there any truth to the rumor that Jeb will be changing his last name to Reaganez?

galtani on April 22, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Romney better nominate a conservative who is a natural born citizen. The Democrats will bring a lawsuit if it looks like the ticket has a chance to win. Rubio has the same citizenship as an anchor baby, and it’s not natural born. Neither his mother or father were citizens at the time of his birth.

Buddahpundit on April 22, 2012 at 6:57 PM

No Bush or Rubio, please! I could live with a Nor’easterner RINO – heck, I could live with two Nor’easterner RINOs – but a combination of a Nor’easterner RINO and and a Hispanderer is too much for me to swallow. If the country is bound to go down the drain I want it to go quickly, so I’d have a chance to see it being rebuilt in my lifetime.

Archivarix on April 22, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I don’t want Rubio as Romney’s running mate because I want him to stay in the Senate. We need him there. Rubio can succeed Romney as President.

hadsil on April 22, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Guarantees Florida… Rubio for VP!

BobScuba on April 22, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I picked up an issue of Rolling Stone in my doctor’s office last week (yeah, I know, Rolling Stone is totally in the bag for Obama, but it was that or Redbook). Anyway, the important thing is there was a story about the Obama re-election campaign and there was a box with 3 electoral map scenarios for an Obama re-election — all three very, very close and not one of them counting Florida for Obama.

It seemed from the story that Obama is already counting Florida in the Romney column (and lets face it, he only got it last time by about 2% & that was with all that voter fraud that went on there — I don’t think the Romney camp is going to let him get away with that this time). All 3 scenarios start with the Kerry 2004 wins. One scenario (The West Path) added CO, NM, NV & Iowa (for 272-266); one (The South Path) added VA & NC only (for 274-264) and the 3rd (The Expansion Path) the West Path minus Iowa, but adding AZ & VA (for 272-266).

Just interesting to note.

The story is online (Hope 2.0) but the box graphic with the 3 electoral map scenarios isn’t, so I’m not linking to it.

Dark Star on April 22, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Buddahpundit on April 22, 2012 at 6:57 PM

No need for any lawsuits. The ticket has no chance to getting close to the WH.

Uppereastside on April 22, 2012 at 7:01 PM

PS — it was the issue with Jennifer Lawrence on the cover, if anyone is interested.

Dark Star on April 22, 2012 at 7:01 PM

personally, if mitts the nominee, i would want him to pick rubio.

that would be two less rinos to worry about once obama gets done with them.

renalin on April 22, 2012 at 7:03 PM

hadsil on April 22, 2012 at 7:00 PM

You crack me up! Once again Sketch/Rubio has no chance of getting close to the WH.

Uppereastside on April 22, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Buddahpundit on April 22, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Please with this cr@p — a person born within the borders of the US is a natural born citizen regardless of the citizenship and/or citizenship status of their parents. The only time the citizenship of a person’s parents comes into play is for those born abroad (i.e., not within the borders of the US). I’m not going to engage in a debate with you because there is no debate about this fact. So, just stop spreading the stupid, please.

Dark Star on April 22, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Uppereastside on April 22, 2012 at 6:55 PM

…Oh!…brings in a race card again! Surprise!

KOOLAID2 on April 22, 2012 at 7:05 PM

personally, if mitts the nominee, i would want him to pick rubio.

that would be two less rinos to worry about once obama gets done with them.

renalin on April 22, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Agree! The only pubie ticket that would have had a chance was Huntsmann/Rice. Now even I would have thought twice of voting for that ticket. Too bad…..

Uppereastside on April 22, 2012 at 7:06 PM

romneys a wuss. he’s going to need an attack dog. he would no doubt like to put a collar around rubio, but the size of his cojones is in question.

the fat guy from jersey is the logical choice. it would sew up the muslim vote.

renalin on April 22, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I can guarantee you, promise you, that the final Democrat VP on the ticket will not be Joe Biden. I don’t care if they announce it 48 hours prior to the vote. You KNOW it’s coming eventually. They may have to poison him, I wouldn’t put it past them.

Marcus on April 22, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Uppereastside on April 22, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Aw, spending your Sundays doing psych-ops for Obama to try to depress turnout. I hope they are paying you well, because according to Messina (see my previous post) the race is going to be a squeaker — and that’s about as optimistic as anyone pro-Obama can be, realistically.

(As soon as I wrote that, I realized the oxymoron of putting “pro-Obama” and “realistic” in the same sentence)

Dark Star on April 22, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Dark Star on April 22, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Source?

Buddahpundit on April 22, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Jeb Bush can be ambassador to Mexico and since that job would be taken Rubio can be ambassador to Libya where he can spend lots of time with the arab spring he supported.

VorDaj on April 22, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Is Rubio eligible or not to become POTUS?

Typicalwhitewoman on April 22, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Uppereastside on April 22, 2012 at 7:06 PM

agree? what are you some kind of comedian? chip huntsman. LOL. condeleeza? dude Cheney ate her lunch.

renalin on April 22, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Source?

Buddahpundit on April 22, 2012 at 7:09 PM

The fact that we have had several Presidents already whose parents were foreign citizens, maybe?

Thomas Jefferson (mother)
Andrew Jackson (both parents from Ireland)
James Buchanan (father)
Chester Arthur (father)
Woodrow Wilson (mother)
Herbert Hoover (mother)

I have no idea where some people get these weird ideas.

crosspatch on April 22, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Is Rubio eligible or not to become POTUS?

Typicalwhitewoman on April 22, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Not by the Founding Father’s definition (Vatel’s) of Natural Born, but what did they know?

VorDaj on April 22, 2012 at 7:14 PM

VorDaj on April 22, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Please stop making crap up. Thanks.

crosspatch on April 22, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Thomas Jefferson (mother)
Andrew Jackson (both parents from Ireland)
James Buchanan (father)
Chester Arthur (father)
Woodrow Wilson (mother)
Herbert Hoover (mother)

I have no idea where some people get these weird ideas.

crosspatch on April 22, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Chester Arthur is the only example that applies and he covered things up to become president.

VorDaj on April 22, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Please stop making crap up. Thanks.

crosspatch on April 22, 2012 at 7:15 PM

I would ask you to please get a brain and a clue but don’t wish to give you an impossible task.

VorDaj on April 22, 2012 at 7:17 PM

VorDaj on April 22, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Delusional

crosspatch on April 22, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Delusional

crosspatch on April 22, 2012 at 7:17 PM

You are infantile.

VorDaj on April 22, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Wonder if Romney’s people are talking to Gen. David Patraeus…

Rational Thought on April 22, 2012 at 7:18 PM

#1: It isn’t going to be Rubio so you can stop wasting time, energy and bandwidth on the topic.

#2: It quite likely won’t be any politician currently holding office at all.

#3: It might not even be anyone who has ever held political office in the past.

#4: It is a long time till August.

crosspatch on April 22, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Wonder if Romney’s people are talking to Gen. David Patraeus…

Rational Thought on April 22, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Nice thought but I really believe Patraeus would be more valuable right where he is. I would probably keep him on as DCI if I were Romney.

crosspatch on April 22, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Wonder if Romney’s people are talking to Gen. David Patraeus…

Rational Thought on April 22, 2012 at 7:18 PM

David “Holy Qur’an” Petraeus – I sure hope not.

VorDaj on April 22, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Are you Daniel Bryan from WWE? Yes!Yes!Yes!

Uppereastside on April 22, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Why does you being a WWE fan not surprise me?

bw222 on April 22, 2012 at 7:22 PM

iOTW- What do you think of General Petreus and his assertion that inciting Islam puts our soldiers in harm’s way?

Ann Barnhardt – I have an offer for General Petreus. I’ll GIVE him one of my balls. Then I’d still have two, and he would have one. He is a politicking coward who cares only about his pension and cashing in on his rank after he retires. The suicidal, defeatist Rules of Engagement he oversees are the unequivocal proof of that. He should resign in disgrace – yesterday, and then present himself to each and every family of our war dead and BEG their forgiveness for failing in his duty as their son or daughter’s commanding officer.

VorDaj on April 22, 2012 at 7:23 PM

VorDaj on April 22, 2012 at 7:14 PM

Not even by sen.res.511. The Democrats went out of their way to deem John McCain a natural born citizen on the basis that his parents were US citizens. It was a totally unconstitutional move by the senate, although it is likely that the appropriate body ( scotus ) would have also found McCain to be a natural born citizen, for what speculation is worth.

Shouldn’t the senate now be considering a judicial judgement of Rubio’s citizenship status before Rubio is selected?

Buddahpundit on April 22, 2012 at 7:24 PM

“I condemn the action of the individual in the United States who burned a copy of the Holy Qur’an. That action was hateful. It was intolerant, and it was extremely disrespectful. I condemn the actions of a small number of individuals who have been extremely disrespectful to the Holy Qur’an. Together with our Afghan partners [when they are not too busy shooting our troops in the back and raping little girls and little boys], we must secure and serve [by paying lots of bribes] the people of Afghanistan [the hell with the American people and their crappy outdated Constitution].” – from David “In: Holy Qur’an, Out: First Amendment and his oath to the United States Constitution” Petraeus

Petraeus is a piece of garbage.

VorDaj on April 22, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Petraeus is a piece of garbage.

VorDaj on April 22, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Considering the source of the criticism, that might be a compliment.

crosspatch on April 22, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I think Bolton is in the running. He’s been keeping a fairly low profile lately, and Barack is going to go all in on “I shot Osama’s ass,” so Romney needs someone who can put that in its proper…context. Bolton can do that.

Rational Thought on April 22, 2012 at 7:28 PM

VorDaj on April 22, 2012 at 7:09 PM

I used to be a fan of Rubio but Arab Spring and his DREAM Act are very disappointing.

bw222 on April 22, 2012 at 7:29 PM

bw222 on April 22, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Rubio gets an F on illegal immigration and an F on understanding Islam. Even if he got an A on everything else he flunks and does so very badly.

VorDaj on April 22, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Rubio = the second McCain and the fourth Bush.

VorDaj on April 22, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Let Bush & Rubio save themselves for 2016/2020. With Portman, Romney may win PA, but loose the Tea Party. Sen. Tom Coburn (OK) has been writing reports on how to fix the Fed Gov in simple language for years. He was a “Tea Party” fiscal conservative, before there was a Tea Party. See Coburn Reports

By picking a MD, Romney would show his commitment to getting rid of ObamaCare and having someone smart enough and familiar with the problems to fix health care.

Romney / Coburn 2012

KenInIL on April 22, 2012 at 7:40 PM

If they pick Rubio they are dumb, dumb, dumb. Plus, the media will not give him the background break they gave Obama. It w/b a huge distraction.

Also, he doesn’t have enough experience and it would all be about hispandering.

Schadenfreude on April 22, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I know it will be a landslide no here, I cannot stand him, and I think it will be far fetched at best. But if there is really a GOP establishment and beltway power circuit, he has all the right stuff

Military
Foreign Policy experience
Public and private sector experience.
Center of the road
Wide name recognition
Media Darling
Africa American

Colin Powell.

galtani on April 22, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Let’s just respect the process that says you is no natural born citizen, yo. What part of you aint qualified donts you gets?

Mr. Sun on April 22, 2012 at 7:47 PM

If they pick Rubio they are dumb, dumb, dumb.

No need to worry about that. The chances that it is going to be Rubio are somewhere between “slim” and “none”. Rubio doesn’t have the qualifications that Romney laid out for the job.

It is going to be someone who has had considerable private sector experience. Political experience will be very low on the selection criteria list.

It probably isn’t going to be a politician.

crosspatch on April 22, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Condi.

Key West Reader on April 22, 2012 at 6:48 PM

She’s an Islamic apologist who’s a bit too quick to play the race card.
Forget it.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Colin Powell.

galtani on April 22, 2012 at 7:46 PM

The same Colin Powell who endorsed King Obama?

Here, have a beer. Better yet, let me give you the whole 6-pack.

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Go here and listen to Kudlow’s 4/21 show. There’s a portion of a Romney interview in there as well, late in the show.

crosspatch on April 22, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Rational Thought on April 22, 2012 at 6:41 PM

John Bolton? NOW you’re talking.

Cleombrotus on April 22, 2012 at 7:58 PM

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I’ll take that six pack of Urquell.

Like I said, I cannot stand Colin Powell myself.Just thought it will be very funny, having the media attack Colin Powell, the black man.

Powell did say that he is very disappointed in Barry.

galtani on April 22, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Guarantees Florida… Rubio for VP!

BobScuba on April 22, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Will win Florida anyway. Even some Jews and Blacks are unhappy with Obama. Obama will get no more than 75% of the Jewish vote this time and less than 105% of the Black vote.

Alabama Infidel on April 22, 2012 at 7:58 PM

In my best Yoda impersonation…..

“Mmmm, squishy with the Force this one is, hmmph.”

PappyD61 on April 22, 2012 at 8:00 PM

She’s an Islamic apologist who’s a bit too quick to play the race card.
Forget it.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Says you twerp, and in this case, respectfully, you’re FOS. Condi would make a great VP.

Rovin on April 22, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Sorry TOM COBURN is John McCain with a daughter that sings opera.

No Okies on the ticket (and not Fallin either).

PappyD61 on April 22, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Colin Powell.

galtani on April 22, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Leave the man alone. He joined the democrats. And he did it in a very public way and timed it to have the most impact. After a demonstration like that, you can’t come back and still claim to be a Republican. Yeah, I know, on the Sunday programs, he still claim to be a Republican. But that’s one of the great things about this country, you can claim to be anything you like.

Alabama Infidel on April 22, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Colin Powell.

galtani on April 22, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Fluke him. He has zero principles. He used every system and every party to advance his own cause. He is more of an etch-a-sketch than the others.

Schadenfreude on April 22, 2012 at 8:12 PM

The menu for VP is much more interesting than what we had for the top of ticket. What about Jindal? Allen West? This is hardly the county club party that the Dems love to run against. A first generation American of Indian heritage; a black retired LTC with cojones the size of BHO’s ego, and of course the Latino. Mitt will need a few months to sort this out, but it is hardly the task that the President has; Do I keep Biden or risk him getting mauled in the VP debates? I would love to see Joe debate Christie!

pgrossjr on April 22, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Rovin on April 22, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Respectfully, I would skip the presidential race and vote the down ticket if she were the veep choice. Ditto for West. because he jumped into the Martin/Zimmerman case
She won’t be though-nor will he.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Alabama Infidel on April 22, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Like how a democrat can put on a red tie and pretend to be a severe conservative and GOP nominee. :)

Buckshot Bill on April 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM

She won’t be though-nor will he.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Are you “Bishin’” by chance? I can see someone not liking Condi Rice, but I can’t see someone skipping on the Presidential race over her being picked as VP. Not when you are supportive of Mittens on the top of the ticket, anyway. Cause Mitt is much worse than Rice.

Buckshot Bill on April 22, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Buddahpundit on April 22, 2012 at 6:57 PM

WTH are you talking about? Birther crap. And what part of ‘deliverance’ do you live..somewhere in GA do doubt?

Redford on April 22, 2012 at 8:28 PM

I guess the only one who has not been demonized destroyed or poo-pooed here with allthis ummm… “hot air” is Paul Ryan. Any great challenges to him? From the looks of things we won’t have a 100% pure conservative VP who is 2,000% problem free either.

rodguy911 on April 22, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Thomas Jefferson – citizen prior to adoption of constitution

Andrew Jackson – see Jefferson (last President to fight in the Revolutionary War)

James Buchanan (father)- Father was a citizen at the adoption of the Constitution

Chester Arthur (father)was an Irish or Candian citizen.

Woodrow Wilson (mother) couldn’t anything on her citizenship.

Herbert Hoover wasn’t eligible to his not residing in the U.S. 17 years prior to his election. He returned to the U.S. in 1919.

RickB on April 22, 2012 at 8:30 PM

She won’t be though-nor will he.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM

The main goal is to send Obama packing. There are no alternatives despite the VP choice.

Rovin on April 22, 2012 at 8:33 PM

rodguy911 on April 22, 2012 at 8:29 PM

We are torn between possibly sacrificing a real conservative to slightly increase Romney’s odds of beating Obama, and just pushing another Rino onto the ticket to save our conservatives for future races that might actually win.

So most any conservative will be “demonized” in an attempt to save them from Rino-Associative Syndrome. Ryan is more useful in the House anyway.

Buckshot Bill on April 22, 2012 at 8:36 PM

She won’t be though-nor will he.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Don’t cut your nose off to spite your face. The name of the game is the removal of the Communist in the White House.

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 8:43 PM

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 7:51 PM

…I believe that calls for genuine Moonshine!

KOOLAID2 on April 22, 2012 at 8:43 PM

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Throw Barry out in November. I would put the check on a Romney/Powell ticket.

The Powell thing is kind of a take off on how people saying Romney needs this or that in a VP to round things out. Powell, on paper, fit all the things Romney purportedly needs.

galtani on April 22, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I wish people would quit bringing up Condi Rice as a potential
VP candidate.

She may be a classy lady with foreign policy experience, however,
I read that she voted for Obama in 2008.

Why? More than likely because he is half black. Something I
can’t quite understand. As a conservative, I would not have voted
for John F. Kennedy because I am an Irish Catholic.

Can you imagine? Condi as VP candidate in 2012 goes to the polls and pulls the lever for Obama.

Amjean on April 22, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I still, for some reason I haven’t completely figured out yet,
would like to see Rick Perry as a VP candidate. Yes, I know he
needs help on debating skills. However, he would be debating
Joe Biden (unless Obama throws him under the bus and picks
Hillary).

Perhaps its because ALT would be jumping up and down with joy!!!
BTW, ALT, did you know that Russell Crowe is good friends with
Rick Perry?

Amjean on April 22, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Throw Barry out in November. I would put the check on a Romney/Powell ticket.

galtani on April 22, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I would put the check on a Romney/Potted Plant ticket, if that’s what we end up with.

Alabama Infidel on April 22, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Amjean on April 22, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Rick Perry needs to stay in TX as governor. We need him here.
Unlike you, Amjean-I don’t make politicians into dieties(like you did with Sarah Palin) I couldn’t care less about Russell Crowe or any other celebrity. I support Rick Perry-but in the end he’s still just a politician.
I think that Jindal or Ryan would be great choices. I’d give Jindal the upper hand because he has XO and healthcare experience.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Alabama Infidel on April 22, 2012 at 9:04 PM

To many of us that would be a potted plant/potted plant ticket.

Hey, I like gardening!

Who knows, Romney may end up doing mostly the right things. All
we can do is vote Obama out and cross out fingers and raise holy
hell when he starts to sway left.

Amjean on April 22, 2012 at 9:12 PM