Quotes of the day

posted at 8:00 pm on April 22, 2012 by Allahpundit

“The Republican Party establishment has withstood the tea-party revolution…

“While tea-party activists have won county chairmanships and seats on state central committees, few (if any) activists have clinched slots on the Republican Party’s 168-member governing committee. That’s not to say that tea-partiers have disappeared or that they won’t get their moment in the sun — but it may take years for them to climb the party ladder the same way as everyone else…

“Many Republicans here said that tea-party activists now understand that things will run more smoothly if those with experience are in charge rather than those who put a premium on ideology over process…

“‘We’ve all been through it. We just got there before they did,’ Crocker added. ‘It’s just learning that everybody who is in government is not evil, that we’ve got some really good people in government. Let’s don’t burn the barn down to get rid of the rats. Number two, there’s a way to get things done and a way where you can work hard and not get anything done.’”

***

“Texas Gov. Rick Perry this morning endorsed David Dewhurst for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by retiring Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison…

“‘David’s been a loyal supporter of mine, and I, in turn, am a loyal supporter of him and his task to become the next United States senator,” Perry told Dallas TV station KTVT.

“Perry’s endorsement — while not surprising — is a blow to the campaigns of [Ted] Cruz and James, who have been portraying themselves as the true conservative in the race and have knocked Dewhurst for being too moderate.”

***

“The activists working to oust centrist Republicans are often lumped together under the Tea Party heading, but in addition to scrappy protesters, they include such well-funded groups as FreedomWorks and the Club for Growth. This year, these groups are playing a more prominent role than the raucous Tea Party rallies prevalent in 2010.

“Leaders of the movement say that does not mean its influence is fading. ‘In 2009 and 2010, the effective thing to do was to vocally and publicly show your outrage through protest,’ according to Jenny Beth Martin, national coordinator of the Tea Party Patriots. ‘In the past year, a lot of groups have taken a step back and learned how to work the system.’”

***

The tea party isn’t dead. It’s just looking down ballot. While fiscal conservatives remain split over the GOP presidential candidates, grassroots activists are coalescing around a stellar slate of limited-government candidates looking to reinforce and reenergize the right in Washington.

“And in the spirit of the modern-day tea party movement, no entrenched incumbent — Democrat or Republican — is safe…

“The 36-year, six-term [Orrin] Hatch was first elected in 1976 on an anti-entrenched incumbent platform. Hatch’s campaign line then against his opponent Frank Moss: ‘What do you call a Senator who’s served in office for 18 years? You call him home.’ Now, Hatch is clinging to power after almost four decades in government — and vainly attempting to claim the tea party mantle to stave off Liljenquist’s David vs. Goliath primary challenge…

“It’s time for Orrin Hatch to go.”

***

“‘Freedomworks, the group of Dick Armey, is gunning for you,’ Van Susteren informed Sen. Hatch, who seemed to mind only what he insisted were lies from the group. ‘They take a few dozen of my votes out of the better of 12,000 votes that I’ve cast, distort those votes and lie about them, direct lie about them.’ He argued they were only trying to raise money. ‘They take someone like myself who everybody knows and they trash Orrin Hatch and they raise a lot of money from conservatives all over the country who think what they’re saying is true.’ He concluded with a flourish, ‘they’re not people I have very much respect for. I don’t have any respect for them, in fact.’

“Van Susteren appeared perplexed at someone like Hatch receiving an attack from the right, though Sen. Hatch noted that he did, in fact, have Tea Party support. Freedomworks was a separate issue, a group who ‘have plush offices right down on Capitol Hill’ and are ‘in it for the money.’ ‘You can go down the list vote after vote after vote,’ he insisted, and find lies. As for Armey himself, Sen. Hatch was plain in his language. ‘I have no respect for Dick at this particular point,’ calling the group ‘radical libertarians’ but noting that ‘I’m libertarian in a lot of ways. But I’m not a radical.’”

***

“Some of Hatch’s attacks have been aimed directly at FreedomWorks, the grassroots group I’m the president of, which he insults as being ‘run by two libertarians who don’t really believe in the Republican Party.’ I’ve been called far worse than ‘libertarian,’ and I know FreedomWorks Chairman Dick Armey has too. It happens when you come from the Republican wing of the Republican Party. And we can take it.

“But when the senator turns his fire on his own constituents, everyday Americans who are disappointed in their elected official’s record, he’s gone too far.

“‘Some of their disciples here who are Utahn say they’re not Republicans but they are going to take over the Republican Party,’ Hatch has said. ‘We don’t want radicals to take over our party.’ Radicals? Isn’t that what Nancy Pelosi and President Obama call us?”

***

“There was a time when the tea party represented a hope for conservatives and for America. The tea party started out as a grassroots reaction to the liberalism of the new administration in Washington and its overreaching programs. The new movement focused on the bailout, cap-and-trade and Obamacare. Across the country, there was a kind of awakening among those who had been disconnected from the political process.

“Unfortunately, there were so many new volunteers, they burst the old pathways of activism, spreading in all directions. Existing conservative groups simply couldn’t organize them quickly enough and, without a leadership to provide focus, dozens of local warlords — each with his or her view of the world — began to call the shots.

“In place of the old Reagan coalition, we now have many tribes. The chiefs of these tribes do not have much political experience. Many didn’t even bother to vote before 2009 and most will tell you that they ‘woke up’ only after the election of President Obama. They don’t understand that democracy — especially representative democracy — requires patience and compromise. That’s the way a republic works.”

***

“Viewed broadly, it appears that the tea party may well be a victim of its own success. In 2010, it proved its powers — beating establishment-backed candidates in Senate races in Delaware, Colorado, Florida, Utah and Alaska to name a few. The result? Candidates are far more wary of crossing the tea party this time around, moving to embrace it rather than stare it down.

“‘The reason for the appearance of less tea party success is that the establishment candidates have moved markedly to the right this cycle,’ Lerner said. ‘As the establishment candidates have moved to the right, there is less of a gap for tea party candidates to exploit.’…

“The question then is what the tea party does for an encore. Having moved the GOP — and the broader debate on fiscal issues — further to the ideological right, does it re-incorporate itself into the Republican Party? Disappear entirely? Or find another cause such as fiscal austerity around which to rally?”

***

Via NBC/WSJ.

***

“A lot of Republicans in Congress want to cooperate, they know better, but they are in the thralls of this reign of terror from the far right that has dragged this party to the right.”

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 6 7 8 9

Dang. So I can get a chick with my voice?
(It’s definitely better than that guy’s!)
Lol. Kidding. Enjoy your weasely, pip-squeked voiced hero.

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Watch it. Them’s fightin words.

This voice is another…for me. Love all of their stuff, though.

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Nice..But don’t forget the highways..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2012 at 2:48 AM

or from A Hundred Highways album

I didn’t even know that he did this in 1970—prior to Rick Rubin’s album. HA research.

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 2:55 AM

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Well…I won’t battle you anymore.
BTW, If you can get him the nomination I’ll GLADLY vote for him.

If it’s Romney vs. Obama, who you gonna vote for?
(ANSWER THE QUESTION.)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Watch it. Them’s fightin words.

This voice is another…for me. Love all of their stuff, though.

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Nah–Grace–just jealousy!

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 2:56 AM

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 2:54 AM

+ 100..Very good band!!..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2012 at 2:56 AM

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Good one!..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Though, I don’t get your joke, so…

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Nope, you didn’t. I’d explain the reference if it didn’t require me to be chatty…Clue, look at a map of that province…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 2:58 AM

+ 100..Very good band!!..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Indeed. Why did most of the great bands get splintered by egos??

(Stupid question, I know. But it still gets my goat!)

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 3:00 AM

If it’s Romney vs. Obama, who you gonna vote for?
(ANSWER THE QUESTION.)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 2:55 AM

I will never vote for an authoritarian statist as long as I live.

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 2:58 AM

one more clue. Looks like a geometric figure or long skirt.

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 3:02 AM

If it’s Romney vs. Obama, who you gonna vote for?
(ANSWER THE QUESTION.)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Now answer my question: If Obama were the Republican nominee, would you vote for him?

I wouldn’t. I oppose Obama on principle. The same principles I oppose Romney.

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 3:05 AM

one more clue. Looks like a geometric figure or long skirt.

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Don’t you have a suit to sew some wine bottles to turn?…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 3:05 AM

I wouldn’t. I oppose Obama on principle. The same principles I oppose Romney.

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Lol. Okay. Now, I know where you’re coming from.
Enjoy the coming destruction of America, and know that you helped bring it about.

Night, sweetie.

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 3:08 AM

Lou

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 3:12 AM

and know that you helped bring it about.

Night, sweetie.

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 3:08 AM

You are so wrong. It is the Democrat and Republican Parties and their policy of debt and inflation that is bringing it about as we speak.

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 3:12 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 3:08 AM

…And it is all the people like yourselves that enable all of the debt and inflation that is destroying the future of our nation, especially for young people.

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 3:13 AM

If it’s Romney vs. Obama, who you gonna vote for?
(ANSWER THE QUESTION.)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 2:55 AM

I wouldn’t. I oppose Obama on principle. The same principles I oppose Romney.

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Whaaa?? If you want to use RomneyCare/ObamaCare as a talking point, fine. But are you seriously saying that Romney is like Obama in that he would:
bypass Congress at any opportunity;
snub our allies and ignore or make nice with our enemies;
allow (encourage?) agencies to also bypass Congress by fiat (EPA, DOJ, FTC, FCC…;
use the term “fair” to create his desired wealth distribution;
punish any individuals or companies that are too successful in his mind;
block drilling and exploration that would actually help us get closer to energy independence;
????

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 3:14 AM

…by voting for creeps.

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 3:14 AM

by voting for creeps.

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Vote for me, I’ll set you free…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 3:17 AM

FloatingRock,

You’re earnest in your beliefs. Living in Washington must beat your spirit to a pulp. Ever thought about moving?…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 3:20 AM

by voting for creeps.

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Vote for me, I’ll set you free…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 3:17 AM

Ha. I’ll vote for you. You can run under the C.R.E.E.P.S. party.

So, what does the acronym stand for, Mr. Candidate? :)

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 3:20 AM

Lou…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Will you make me feel like a creep if I say that I heard that song as a little boy, and absolutely Love It!

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 3:14 AM

You can try, if you wanna, babe, but I think he’s too far gone. (I’ve read lots of his/her posts, and it’s just way, WAY out there.)

I’ll tell ya, Grace, I wanna be a kajillionaire and take you to dinner in Venice tomorrow night. (If enough people get together, we can make it happen!!!)…(Prolly not gonna happen, huh?…) But WE CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN! DO IT!

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Vote for me, I’ll set you free…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 3:17 AM

Now that is true love!

tom daschle concerned on April 23, 2012 at 3:21 AM

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Yes, I’m saying that Obama and Romney are the same on core issues, though they may differ on some fringe issues that are secondary. Obama and Romney are both authoritarian statists, the only two candidates in the country with the nerve to institute a crony-capitalist individual mandate. They are both proven threats to our freedom and liberty. While Romney is better on some fringe issues, on the core issues, the ones that are destroying our nation from the inside, he is just more of the same—much worse because he’ll be doing it in name of “conservatives”, redefining the right edge of the Overton Window.

We’ll essentially be following the path of the UK with the Tories.

People who still believe in the Constitution, freedom and liberty need to turn out and vote for their not-Romney candidate. We have an advantage now because the Romney people think it’s over and will stay home.

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 3:22 AM

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 3:13 AM

I really hope that you are a democrat spy, or a really young conservative. (The latter, I really hope.)

If you’re not a democrat spy, you’ll learn the error of your ways soon enough. (PS–I voted for H Ross Perot in 1992, when I was twenty. Look that up, if you aren’t familiar.)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Gingrich vs Romney…Heh:

“In the lastest Rasmussen tracking poll, which has had no media coverage, Newt Gingrich is trailing Barack Obama by only 7 points nationally. Barack Obama is leading Mitt Romney by only 5 points in Florida. These poll results are being withheld by the RNC and the MSM, who want no positive news about Newt in circulation, especially the fact he is only behind Obama by 7 points nationally.

The RNC establishment’s current strategy remains: Publish no poll numbers; spread the word that Romney is the nominee; have people vote based on blackout and misinformation expecting Romney to win big; then hit hard with Romney’s wins and Newt’s losses to bully Newt into dropping.

Please do yourself the honor of reviewing actual polls by doing a Google search for “2012 Republican presidential polls (name state)” and you will see why the RNC is using this tactic. Then spread the word!

Obama with the dem-media complex, millions of dollars, sycophants everywhere in the media, versus Mitt Romney with the entire conservative media capitulated behind him, his millions, and NEWTON LEROY GINGRICH is only 7 points behind Obama in the lastest Rasmussen tracking?”

FROM http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2875002/posts

Czar of Defenestration on April 23, 2012 at 3:26 AM

C.R.E.E.P.S. party.

So, what does the acronym stand for, Mr. Candidate? :)

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 3:20 AM

Back in ’72 it stood for “The Cmte to Re-elect the President” — as in Nixon…Today, absent my candidacy, it could stand for “The Cmte to Re-elect the Piece of Sheeeeeeeeeeeit”…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 3:28 AM

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 3:20 AM

No, I have roots and love the state more than I hate the politics.

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 3:29 AM

Now that is true love!

tom daschle concerned on April 23, 2012 at 3:21 AM

A ball of confusion…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 3:32 AM

FloatingRock,

What will you do if/when RP endorses and campaigns for Mitt during the General election?…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 3:33 AM

Hatch will win the primary easily, as Bennett would have if he had made the ballot. It’s one thing to primary those who have really strayed like Lugar, but Hatch has been a rock.

If Tea Party activists want to show real power, they need to knock out some Democrats in blue or purple states. Winning party primaries is another way, but when so many TP-backed candidates lose winnable seats – like Christine O’, Angle, Buck, Maes, and Miller, it’s not a show of strength.

Yes, I’m saying that Obama and Romney are the same on core issues

It’s disturbing that people actually believe such things. I blame the public schools.

Adjoran on April 23, 2012 at 3:34 AM

I wouldn’t. I oppose Obama on principle. The same principles I oppose Romney.

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 3:05 AM

So, sit at home with your “principles” and be d*mned–because you are a traitor to your country and to all those that have fought and died for her. You saying that Romney is the SAME as Obama, and that he will “doom” our country just as surely as Obama, is UNPRINCIPLED/ The principle of FREEDOM is what you should be worrying about…and you thinking that Romney would pick the same kind of SCOTUS justices is complete and utter BS. And I am UTTERLY sick and tired of the “soc con” and “statists” labels that you Paulbot’s love to throw out–oh and how self-righteous you are that you are sticking by your so-called principles…Have fun sucking your thumb and sitting in your corner, repeating your little mantra about it being all about principles, while your non-vote counts as a vote for Obama.

lovingmyUSA on April 23, 2012 at 3:38 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Dude, I’m exactly who I claim to be. I’ve been commenting here way too much since ’07, and for most of that time, until I started supporting Ron Paul, people seemed to like and agree with most of my opinions.

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 3:41 AM

I’ve probably written thousands of pages here at HotAir over the years. I could fill books.

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 3:42 AM

rather than those who put a premium on ideology over process…

This once was called what it is -politics as usual. Those who foolishly believe that process supersedes principle (They prefer to degrade it by calling it ideology, no wonder they snicker at the constitution) These leech/leaders (both parties) have brought this country down to where it is flailing everywhere -yet they cling to the very corruption that doesn’t work.
The reason the GOP is flailing and failing is precisely because it has forsaken principle in order to keep the process and their lucrative positions of power.
We sadly need a third party — if for no other reason -they no longer give a hoot what the people want (Romney quips that we conservatives will have to vote for him anyway).

We have become government’s servants, the very evil our forefathers abhorred.

Don L on April 23, 2012 at 3:42 AM

like Christine O’, Angle, Buck, Maes, and Miller, it’s not a show of strength.

Adjoran on April 23, 2012 at 3:34 AM

CO’D, didn’t receive the backing of her primary opponent nor the state republican party after she won the R primary. If it had been the other way around, Castle would’ve had the backing of CO’D's voters. At least Gov. DuPont endorsed her a week or so before the election..
Angle, Reid cheated…
Buck, the Colorado republican party disintergrated in the run up to the election. The Gov. nominee only got, what, 10% of the vote?
Maes, see above…
Miller, Murky got the status quo R’s and the dems to vote for her after she LOST the R primary…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 3:46 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 3:21 AM

DANG. I lost all internet connection for 20 minutes. Stupid technology.

Anyway…Venice sounds great, RC! I hear it’s lovely this time of year. Let’s make it happen!! :)

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 3:47 AM

DANG. I lost all internet connection for 20 minutes. Stupid technology.

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 3:47 AM

Looks like your internet connection melted, too…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 3:50 AM

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 3:28 AM

That’s why we need you! For love of country, Gohawgs. :)

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 3:50 AM

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 3:41 AM

Yeah–I remember you. I’m just telling you the same thing I tell the rest of the “have-my-cake-and-eat-it-too” crowd: What you want is impossible.

Nobody I know has ever considered me an idealist. I’m not sure I could live with being known as a pragmatist. I self-identify as a pessimist.
If it’s Rmoney (see Bmore) vs. Obama PLEASE VOTE FOR ROMNEY! (You mentioned the kids–do it for your kids!)

Sorry, I have almost never called anyone names here at HA (since I joined in 2007), but you’re a frickin’ fool if you vote third party in this election. But, do what you want and be prepared to pay the price.

(And, if you haven’t seen me say it, yet, I’m no huge fan of Romney. AND DON’T QUOTE THIS LAST SENTENCE IN A REBUTTAL, ‘CAUSE THAT WOULD TRULY BE PATHETIC.)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 3:50 AM

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 3:47 AM

It’s lovely this time of year ’cause it’s not hot enough for the canals to start stinking!

Ok. Where shall we meet?

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Looks like your internet connection melted, too…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 3:50 AM

LOL, you smarta$$. Yes, Greg’s voice has been known to melt most anything.

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 3:57 AM

We have become government’s servants, the very evil our forefathers abhorred.

Don L on April 23, 2012 at 3:42 AM

I don’t snicker at the Constitution. (It’s a capital “C”, by the way.) But, unless you and FloatingRock are planning a revolution (which I would probably support, but not sure, considering it’s you two) YOU CAN’T GET DONE WHAT YOU WANT IN TIME FOR THE NOVEMBER ELECTIONS!!!!!!!

MORONS!!!

It’s great to talk about that stuff, like you know something (or other). But the fact is, IT’S ALL TALK!

I’d agree with throwing “them all” out. I’d like to confiscate the entire wealth of Hollywood, D.C., S.F., etc. You name it! I’d love to watch Nancy Pelosi’s face when she realizes that we’ve taken every dime she owned…

But, it’s not gonna happen. Just like there’s no way you’re gonna elect Ron Paul. (I’ll vote for him…I’ll even write him in if it’ll make you guys happy.)

But, please…please, soon–join the world of reality. We’re counting on you guys. Do you really want the end of the good ol’ USA?

Do what you wanna do, I can’t stop you fools.

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 4:03 AM

Ok. Where shall we meet?

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Well, you’re in Michigan right? I’m in Texas. So, let’s meet up…Wait. You do mean Venice, Italy, right? Or, should our first rendezvous be in Venice, CA?

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 4:04 AM

MORONS!!!

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 4:03 AM

Hotair was a more civil place for years before all the Romney supporters showed up.

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 4:09 AM

Or, should our first rendezvous be in Venice, CA?

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 4:04 AM

LOL!
Personally, I have no desire to spend money in the People’s Republic of California. (You don’t wanna pay 40% more for everything, because Nancy Pelosi’s a moron, do you?……Do you?…….Ok, so it’s more than Pelosi, but I just liked the sentence.)

We might as well shoot for the moon and call it Venice, Italy. (I wonder if angrymike knows anyone there?)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 4:11 AM

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 4:09 AM

Maybe, but I don’t think so.

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 4:12 AM

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 4:09 AM

True. ‘Cept for the obsessed csdeven aka bluegill and his/her/it’s rants about red pick up trucks and Jeri Thompson…

RC and I aren’t Mitt supporters, we are ABO voters…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 4:13 AM

Maybe, but I don’t think so.

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 4:12 AM

Definitely. For some reason the Romney attracts the worst sorts of people.

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 4:14 AM

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 4:09 AM

You didn’t bother to refute the substance.
I’d apologize if I didn’t think you were an Obama guy, through and through, but sorry–.

(There ya go, fella. I held off the insults. Happy?)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 4:15 AM

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 4:13 AM

Yep, CSDeven wrote the book. He hasn’t been around, I find it hard to believe. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a bunch of sock-puppet accounts this time and a lot of the biggest a-hole Romney supporters are secretly CSDeven.

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 4:16 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 4:11 AM

HA. No, no Cali. I spent 9 years in L.A. after college. That was enough to send me back to my Texas.

OK, Italy it is then! I can see Italy from my house, you know.

(Sorry. That was tacky. I’m punch-drunk tired and should get to bed.)

I’ll leave the arrangements to you. :)

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 4:16 AM

RC and I aren’t Mitt supporters, we are ABO voters…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 4:13 AM

THIS.
BTW, I already said this, Floating.

Just admit that you’re for Obambi and we can all go home. Now…wouldn’t that be nice?

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 4:17 AM

Well, you’re in Michigan right? I’m in Texas. So, let’s meet up…

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 4:04 AM

May I be so bold as to suggest Manhattan…Kansas

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 4:17 AM

This is why the Republican Party is doomed. We keep electing career politicians so we don’t risk any seats. Then we get the same entrenched, disconnected snobs running things, and we never change anything. Last election, there were some warning shots across the bow of the establishment(yes, someone who’s been in congress since the first season of Rhoda is part of the establishment), but too many Republicans want to play it safe and elect the same lifers. That conservatives are voting based on seniority and a risk free progress is sad, and frankly, anti-conservative.

Dongemaharu on April 23, 2012 at 4:18 AM

I’ll leave the arrangements to you. :)

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 4:16 AM

May I be so bold as to suggest Manhattan…Kansas

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 4:17 AM

Or, maybe Paris, Texas?

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 4:21 AM

May I be so bold as to suggest Manhattan…Kansas

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 4:17 AM

Now you’re talking. Or, there’s always Paris…Texas. :)

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 4:21 AM

Contantinople, Wyoming?

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 4:22 AM

Or, maybe Paris, Texas?

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 4:21 AM

Now you’re talking. Or, there’s always Paris…Texas. :)

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 4:21 AM

Jinx, dude!

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 4:22 AM

Now you’re talking. Or, there’s always Paris…Texas. :)

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 4:21 AM

Did you see my quote at:

Or, maybe Paris, Texas?

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 4:21 AM

Great minds, thinking alike?!?! This might have to happen, now.

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 4:23 AM

St. Petersburg, North Dakota?

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 4:24 AM

Okay, I was just making sure that you weren’t in my skull, Grace.

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 4:25 AM

There’s a Paris, Arkansas…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 4:25 AM

Great minds, thinking alike?!?! This might have to happen, now.

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 4:23 AM

Too funny.

Well, I’m gonna pay for the lack of sleep tomorrow but it’s been fun.

I’ll bid you guys goodnight and leave you to the ABR crowd. ;)

‘Night!

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 4:26 AM

Dongemaharu on April 23, 2012 at 4:18 AM

What’s sad is that you dont realize that we have to change the system from the bottom up. We are in no way going to change it starting right out of the box…good grief, are you really that much of a neophyte to the political process? And dont say that “we” are the problem as we fight to save what’s left of our country. There is no way we can throw out all the bums, though I would dearly love to…I think WE have been letting our voices be heard, and some after we get this next batch in, I am confident that we will STILL have a voice..We are not voting based on “senority”, but on the very life of the country. We MUST overwhelm the dem majority…then we can start bitch-slapping right and left..

lovingmyUSA on April 23, 2012 at 4:28 AM

‘Night!

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 4:26 AM

Sleep tight!

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 4:30 AM

There’s a Paris, Arkansas…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 4:25 AM

Thanks for your help, Hawgs, but I don’t think she really likes me.
(Lol. Sadly, though, it’s probably correct. For all I know, she’s FloatingRock’s female conservative character…….Or maybe…..I’m FloatingRock’s uber-conservative soooooo totally right-wing character, who wants women, children, grandmas, babies, and the infirm to starve to death many, many times over while I watch. (!!!))

I’ll have to sleep on it.
Night.
(I’ve got a lot of thinking to do.)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 4:35 AM

Nite all…Hello morning crowd

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 4:40 AM

My local group is organizing GOTV efforts, and as far as I know, the local Republican Party has nothing planned. The way I see it, we’re part of the “activist wing” of the conservative movement. There are a few Democrats and quite a few Independents in our group, but we are supporting all GOP candidates, except for one. That’s our local sheriff, who is a Democrat, but he’s conservative and supports N.C. having a law like the Arizona immigration law.

My county voted about 62% for McCain in 2008, but since North Carolina was so close overall, we believe every vote counts.

TarheelBen on April 23, 2012 at 4:46 AM

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 4:09 AM

By the way, if you were talking about me being the “uncivil” one that hurt your little ol’ feelings, then YOU’RE A BLOCKHEAD!

(You ain’t seen nothin’, yet, dummy.)

Poor you. Ooooh, HA used to be sooo civil. With the way you talk, I’d be surprised if you didn’t get beaten up at the bus stop.

Talk like a moron, and you’ll get treated like…a moron!

Sorry, morning folks, but FloatingRock is an Obama supporter who’s trying to sew the seeds of discontent here at HA.

Note that I’ll vote for a sack of used tissues for POTUS, before I’d vote for Odumbo. FloatingRock wasn’t ready to commit to such an action.

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 5:21 AM

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 3:05 AM

lovingmyUSA on April 23, 2012 at 3:38 AM

Your absolute certainty that Romney is the polar opposite of Obama is equal to FloatingRock’s absolute certainty that Romney is only a few degrees different. I understand that “anybody but Obama” is good enough for those who want to rid us of the immediate threat of Duh Won and are hoping Romney won’t be more of the same. You don’t seem to understand that this hope is not good enough for everyone. Many of us worry about America’s survivability under either. The fear that we are trading short-term destruction for long-term destruction is real and calling people thumb-suckers and corner-sitters influences no one but that’s what you are reduced to. Name-calling is a poor substitute for reason.

swinia sutki on April 23, 2012 at 6:33 AM

Many Republican un-indicted co-conspirators here said that tea-party activists now know their place and fear that things will run more like the capos want if those with criminal experience are in charge rather than those who put a premium on American freedoms over process…

jarhead0311 on April 23, 2012 at 6:49 AM

Considering that the TEA Party has supposedly fizzled out, there sure is a lot of concern out there.

RINO’s and liberals, be afraid. Be VERY afraid.

DannoJyd on April 23, 2012 at 7:10 AM

When the flack increases is when we in the TEA Party knows we’ve hit our targets.

DannoJyd on April 23, 2012 at 7:20 AM

The Tea Party is not dead. Why do you think that the “Romney Supporters” invaded Hot Air during the Dual Open Registrations?

Concern.

kingsjester on April 23, 2012 at 7:23 AM

RedCrow
nope, no one in Italy, now everyone get out so I can clean this mess….Sheesh….you ppl complaining all night left a heck of a mess, well I’ll get-r-done I’m union I get paid buy the hour………..

angrymike on April 23, 2012 at 7:23 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 4:03 AM

Wait, what?

rogerb on April 23, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Concern.

kingsjester on April 23, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Excuse me, but I’m confused. Are you saying that the Mitt supporters are TEA Party Patriots, or that the MittBots are trying to put a damper on we TEA Party Patriots efforts?

In either case, thank you for sharing that information. I was wondering where all of those anti-conservative trolls had come from.

DannoJyd on April 23, 2012 at 7:30 AM

DannoJyd on April 23, 2012 at 7:30 AM

How can one support a candidate who installed a state-run healthcare system in Mass. and still brags about to this day, and support the limited government principles of the Tea Party and the same time?

Yes, it will come down to ABO…but not without some serious reflection, first.

kingsjester on April 23, 2012 at 7:40 AM

facepalm…..

Good Lord it never ends,.. the Lord High Ministers of principle purity are speaking, all hail the bringers of light..

and any who dare DARE to make the best choice they can out of a host of poor choices.. DAMNED AS ENABLERS YE BE…

Look guys, you lost the debate, so you have to decide,

Obama
Romney
third party

1 and 3 are not advancing any cause but Obama’s.. there is NO third party, and never will be one that is as pure as you demand, which could garner any signfigant numbers of votes.

Romney, at least we have a shot at bring down spending, not everything all at once.. as you all demand, but that will not happen.. you won’t find enough support anywhere to do it…

Reagan showed us, it’s possible to grow the economy out of debt.. if you can hold spending down.

Which is what Romney may excell at,..

You’ll do as you like of course,.. but keep the sanctimony, it sucks coming from a politician, more so from people who don’t get they can’t win with 6 votes and an attitude.

mark81150 on April 23, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Yes, it will come down to ABO…but not without some serious reflection, first.

kingsjester on April 23, 2012 at 7:40 AM

We are currently concentrating on filling the Senate with TEA Party people [Plan B], but I hope Plan C [for Conservative] will take hold and cause many to vote for Johnson, the most conservative candidate in the race for POTUS.

Yeah, I’ll never understand the Mitt supporters, but then again I’ve never understood the liberals.

DannoJyd on April 23, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Look guys, you lost the debate, so you have to decide,

Obama
Romney
third party

mark81150 on April 23, 2012 at 7:41 AM

If you wanted to nominate Hillary, or Mike Castle, or Lincoln Chafee, would we be “purists” for objecting?

Anyway, cool. We’ll see if you “pragmatists” can win on your own.

ddrintn on April 23, 2012 at 7:45 AM

mark81150 on April 23, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Why the thought of putting an abortion supporting liberal in as head of the Republican Party doesn’t worry you is beyond my ability to comprehend.
IMHO, there is no better way to give credence to the idea that there is no difference between the 2 partys than to elect a liberal as a GOP POTUS.

IF he was to win which would you support? The TEA Partys no new taxes representatives, or Romney with his tax increases and desire to place the Individual Mandate on us all?

DannoJyd on April 23, 2012 at 7:52 AM

mark81150 on April 23, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Mark … I understand where you are coming from … I intend to vote ABO …
if it for Mittens .. it will depend on how he runs from now to Nov ….
if he keeps running as a “Obama is a nice guy he is just over his head” shit
I may look else were ….

my fear is that if he is elected and Gov. as a liberal he will put a stake through the heart of conservatism and destroy the brand GOP ….

I am not sure mittens can win … which is sad ….
this should be a slam dunk year …

conservative tarheel on April 23, 2012 at 8:00 AM

there is NO third party,

that is what the Whigs said also ….
fwiw

conservative tarheel on April 23, 2012 at 8:01 AM

If you think that Big Government is THE problem, congratulations, you’re a Tea Party member. Boot the old hippies (like Pelosi and Axelrod) and their puppets (Obama) out of power. Self-destruction is what they do best (see abortion, the Constitution, religion, and the economy).

RobertMN on April 23, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Gingrich vs Romney…Heh:

FROM http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2875002/posts

Czar of Defenestration on April 23, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Thanks.

RNC and MSM witholding any positive news about Newt to bully Newt into dropping out? RNC/MSM-so much in common.

IndeCon on April 23, 2012 at 8:41 AM

In honor of the QOTD, there will a nice breakfast TEA along with the coffee this morning. Enjoy!

Fallon on April 23, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Fallon
Was the place clean enough? They almost destroyed it last night………
what you didn’t brew the coffee? …..;)

angrymike on April 23, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Fallon on April 23, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Thank you … I do so enjoy a nice cuppa TEA …
:D

conservative tarheel on April 23, 2012 at 8:51 AM

RobertMN on April 23, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Exactly. The Tea Party is a grassroots uprising against an out of control big govt spending machine with guilty parties in DC on both sides of the aisle. A ‘throw them all out’ mentality still prevails, and the grassroots smaller govt Tea Party is here for good.

Pushing Romneyscare as the nominee is a big slap in the face to conservatives/tea party people, and the establishment now has to distance themselves from the ‘radical cons.tea party’ wing. Thus the put down in the press by the repub elite. RNC/MSM have a lot in common.

IndeCon on April 23, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Fallon
Was the place clean enough? They almost destroyed it last night………
what you didn’t brew the coffee? …..;)

angrymike on April 23, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Fresh ground coffee right next to the TEA. Ya know, I didn’t notice the mess this morning. I’m a little foggy from the weekend and sometimes my standards slip a bit, lol. That’s what I was told while arguing with a nutter yesterday about Ted Nugent and Jane Fonda. Top off your cup?

Fallon on April 23, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Anyway, cool. We’ll see if you “pragmatists” can win on your own.

ddrintn on April 23, 2012 at 7:45 AM

You’re kidding yourself here.. I was a Sanorum voter, till it became clear he lacked message discipline, than grudgingly, with a lot of caveats, I decided to support Romney. It wasn’t because there was any sudden love for Romney..

What I’m saying is at this point, there is no chance to run anyoneconservatives, Reagan conservatives, don’t see a coalition as a dirty word, and we’ll vote Romney else.. Paul is a nonstarter.. more people would stay home rather than vote for him, in numbers which make the Romney never people pale in comparison.

The fact is as I see it, Reagan style conservatives will vote for Romney in overwhelming numbers, because He’s our best chance to beat Obama. Also… Romney is no conservative no… but to say he is exactly like Obama, is so far removed from reality, there is no reasoning with someone who says it..

all you can do, well not much to do..

Conservatives won’t stay home this time, we just won’t.. only the most die hard types will, and most of them, would have preferred Paul.. so we’re not loosing much here.

Conservatives as I know them, and have been one, aren’t into suicide pacts.. and giving Obama another 4 years to “punish” the stupid voters…

you greatly over estimate your numbers..

Every sane conservative knows what staying home in 08 bought them.. nothing,.. voters can’t be smacked into voting your way, it’s delusional to think they can be. Try telling the average voter you are punishing them with Obama.. and see what kind of reaction that gets you.. I bet a lot or words with uck in them will be used..

mark81150 on April 23, 2012 at 9:04 AM

We won’t burn the barn down but we are going to bring a really big cat to the next dance. We’re done banging our heads against the wall put up by the rnc and any other group that gets in the way. We’re bringin
it.

Kissmygrits on April 23, 2012 at 9:04 AM

I was reading redstate a bit ago and they seem to think Romney could win …

it depends on the economy …. also Romney has some issues with the base …
this per redstate ….

but all in all … Romney should win …

conservative tarheel on April 23, 2012 at 9:06 AM

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 3:42 AM

So did Mohammed and Hitler.

Didn’t make their ideas right.

cane_loader on April 23, 2012 at 9:10 AM

what you didn’t brew the coffee? …..;)

angrymike on April 23, 2012 at 8:51 AM

What would we do without ya Mike?

can I makes the coffee next time?… dibbs on firstee’s… I luvs me morning coffee.. especially since I got that Keurig from my wife… I put breakfast blend through it..

uuuuuuuummmm coffee….

Flat was going on about Paul again… I would have tossed more furniture,.. but I ain’t as frisky these days..

mark81150 on April 23, 2012 at 9:10 AM

mark81150 on April 23, 2012 at 9:10 AM

sorry, FloatingRock,… Brainlock when trying to remember who it was..

mark81150 on April 23, 2012 at 9:14 AM

What I keep seeing on Hot Air is a continuing battle between those who have decided to support Romney, and those Ron Paul supporters and others who say they will stay home or (God forgive) vote Obama rather than support Romney.

I’ll just say that Romney was never my first choice. I was originally a Palinista and was ready to go all-in for Sarah. When she decided not to run, I jumped on the Perry Ferry. When it sunk, I got on board the Cain Train. When it was derailed, I hopped on the Newt Caboose, and eventually wound up at Santorum’s Forum. Now – finally – I’ve decided to become a Romulan.

Am I 100% happy with Mitt Romney? Of course not. But let’s be practical – he’s NOTHING like Obama. Our best shot is to keep electing more Constitutional Conservatives to Congress, hold the House, take the Senate – and then we will be in a position to hold Romney’s feet to the fire. As far as I’m concerned, staying home or voting Obama will contribute to the end of this Republic.

TarheelBen on April 23, 2012 at 9:14 AM

What are we going to say to our black friends if 0bama loses?

What are we going to say to our black friends if 0bama wins?

I have one – an elderly Vietnam vet with the 0bama/Biden ’08 sticker on his truck, whom I have been trying to prepare for awhile for the possibility that 0bama gets thown out. I’ve been trying to impress upon his my policy differences, in hopes that our friendship is not damaged. I have also been trying to explain the economic disaster we face if 0bama wins.

I hope and think he has been half listening, as he is a quiet, low-key guy.

But I really do think we all had better start engaging our black friends early, even if we know they will robotically vote 0bama, so that in the fury that will follow his defeat (or victory), they will know that we are sincere, and disagree on policy – not race. If enough of this is done by all of us, maybe some voices in the black community will help calm things a bit, and also preserve friendships.

cane_loader on April 23, 2012 at 9:16 AM