Quotes of the day

posted at 8:00 pm on April 22, 2012 by Allahpundit

“The Republican Party establishment has withstood the tea-party revolution…

“While tea-party activists have won county chairmanships and seats on state central committees, few (if any) activists have clinched slots on the Republican Party’s 168-member governing committee. That’s not to say that tea-partiers have disappeared or that they won’t get their moment in the sun — but it may take years for them to climb the party ladder the same way as everyone else…

“Many Republicans here said that tea-party activists now understand that things will run more smoothly if those with experience are in charge rather than those who put a premium on ideology over process…

“‘We’ve all been through it. We just got there before they did,’ Crocker added. ‘It’s just learning that everybody who is in government is not evil, that we’ve got some really good people in government. Let’s don’t burn the barn down to get rid of the rats. Number two, there’s a way to get things done and a way where you can work hard and not get anything done.’”

***

“Texas Gov. Rick Perry this morning endorsed David Dewhurst for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by retiring Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison…

“‘David’s been a loyal supporter of mine, and I, in turn, am a loyal supporter of him and his task to become the next United States senator,” Perry told Dallas TV station KTVT.

“Perry’s endorsement — while not surprising — is a blow to the campaigns of [Ted] Cruz and James, who have been portraying themselves as the true conservative in the race and have knocked Dewhurst for being too moderate.”

***

“The activists working to oust centrist Republicans are often lumped together under the Tea Party heading, but in addition to scrappy protesters, they include such well-funded groups as FreedomWorks and the Club for Growth. This year, these groups are playing a more prominent role than the raucous Tea Party rallies prevalent in 2010.

“Leaders of the movement say that does not mean its influence is fading. ‘In 2009 and 2010, the effective thing to do was to vocally and publicly show your outrage through protest,’ according to Jenny Beth Martin, national coordinator of the Tea Party Patriots. ‘In the past year, a lot of groups have taken a step back and learned how to work the system.’”

***

The tea party isn’t dead. It’s just looking down ballot. While fiscal conservatives remain split over the GOP presidential candidates, grassroots activists are coalescing around a stellar slate of limited-government candidates looking to reinforce and reenergize the right in Washington.

“And in the spirit of the modern-day tea party movement, no entrenched incumbent — Democrat or Republican — is safe…

“The 36-year, six-term [Orrin] Hatch was first elected in 1976 on an anti-entrenched incumbent platform. Hatch’s campaign line then against his opponent Frank Moss: ‘What do you call a Senator who’s served in office for 18 years? You call him home.’ Now, Hatch is clinging to power after almost four decades in government — and vainly attempting to claim the tea party mantle to stave off Liljenquist’s David vs. Goliath primary challenge…

“It’s time for Orrin Hatch to go.”

***

“‘Freedomworks, the group of Dick Armey, is gunning for you,’ Van Susteren informed Sen. Hatch, who seemed to mind only what he insisted were lies from the group. ‘They take a few dozen of my votes out of the better of 12,000 votes that I’ve cast, distort those votes and lie about them, direct lie about them.’ He argued they were only trying to raise money. ‘They take someone like myself who everybody knows and they trash Orrin Hatch and they raise a lot of money from conservatives all over the country who think what they’re saying is true.’ He concluded with a flourish, ‘they’re not people I have very much respect for. I don’t have any respect for them, in fact.’

“Van Susteren appeared perplexed at someone like Hatch receiving an attack from the right, though Sen. Hatch noted that he did, in fact, have Tea Party support. Freedomworks was a separate issue, a group who ‘have plush offices right down on Capitol Hill’ and are ‘in it for the money.’ ‘You can go down the list vote after vote after vote,’ he insisted, and find lies. As for Armey himself, Sen. Hatch was plain in his language. ‘I have no respect for Dick at this particular point,’ calling the group ‘radical libertarians’ but noting that ‘I’m libertarian in a lot of ways. But I’m not a radical.’”

***

“Some of Hatch’s attacks have been aimed directly at FreedomWorks, the grassroots group I’m the president of, which he insults as being ‘run by two libertarians who don’t really believe in the Republican Party.’ I’ve been called far worse than ‘libertarian,’ and I know FreedomWorks Chairman Dick Armey has too. It happens when you come from the Republican wing of the Republican Party. And we can take it.

“But when the senator turns his fire on his own constituents, everyday Americans who are disappointed in their elected official’s record, he’s gone too far.

“‘Some of their disciples here who are Utahn say they’re not Republicans but they are going to take over the Republican Party,’ Hatch has said. ‘We don’t want radicals to take over our party.’ Radicals? Isn’t that what Nancy Pelosi and President Obama call us?”

***

“There was a time when the tea party represented a hope for conservatives and for America. The tea party started out as a grassroots reaction to the liberalism of the new administration in Washington and its overreaching programs. The new movement focused on the bailout, cap-and-trade and Obamacare. Across the country, there was a kind of awakening among those who had been disconnected from the political process.

“Unfortunately, there were so many new volunteers, they burst the old pathways of activism, spreading in all directions. Existing conservative groups simply couldn’t organize them quickly enough and, without a leadership to provide focus, dozens of local warlords — each with his or her view of the world — began to call the shots.

“In place of the old Reagan coalition, we now have many tribes. The chiefs of these tribes do not have much political experience. Many didn’t even bother to vote before 2009 and most will tell you that they ‘woke up’ only after the election of President Obama. They don’t understand that democracy — especially representative democracy — requires patience and compromise. That’s the way a republic works.”

***

“Viewed broadly, it appears that the tea party may well be a victim of its own success. In 2010, it proved its powers — beating establishment-backed candidates in Senate races in Delaware, Colorado, Florida, Utah and Alaska to name a few. The result? Candidates are far more wary of crossing the tea party this time around, moving to embrace it rather than stare it down.

“‘The reason for the appearance of less tea party success is that the establishment candidates have moved markedly to the right this cycle,’ Lerner said. ‘As the establishment candidates have moved to the right, there is less of a gap for tea party candidates to exploit.’…

“The question then is what the tea party does for an encore. Having moved the GOP — and the broader debate on fiscal issues — further to the ideological right, does it re-incorporate itself into the Republican Party? Disappear entirely? Or find another cause such as fiscal austerity around which to rally?”

***

Via NBC/WSJ.

***

“A lot of Republicans in Congress want to cooperate, they know better, but they are in the thralls of this reign of terror from the far right that has dragged this party to the right.”

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7 8 9

need to be more up to date…

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 1:08 AM

I know too easy but I have more. Give me some parameters.

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Attention Not-Romney voters!

Get out and vote in your primaries and caucuses. Now that the primary is over, according to the MSM, the Romney people will stay home and celebrate, but in fact Romney only has about half as many delegates as he actually needs. That means all we have to do to win is ignore the propaganda and turn out to vote. The not-Romney vote has been divided throughout the primary but we are still the majority. Even if people still won’t rally behind Ron Paul, at least turn out for Santorum and Newt. Let’s have a brokered convention at least and make our voices heard.

There’s no reason to submit to authoritarian statism just because that’s what the corporate MSM would prefer.

And even if the MSM has already broken your spirit and you don’t think there’s any point, do it for this reason: because if Romney loses after the MSM said it was already over, they are going to lose more credibility than they ever have before.

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Spread the word, not-Romney voters everywhere. The MSM certainly isn’t going to.

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 1:13 AM

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I like this.. it is calming.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 1:13 AM

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Could I ask you, honestly, what you think President Ron Paul is going to do if elected?

(Please give me specifics on what CINC RON PAUL will DO, not what someone else won’t do, or what won’t happen, etc.)

I’m asking because I care, and maybe I’m just poorly informed, or perhaps stupid.

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 1:17 AM

need to be more up to date…

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 1:08 AM

I have to remember that. Glad you like to hunt. I do too. See if you can talk the man into one of these for your b-day. Its old, but its a classic and one of my favorite shotguns. At least of the ones I own. Mine is a 12.

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I like this.. it is calming.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Very good. I have had many pleasant hours listening to Enya. Unfortunately she hasn’t put out much new in ten years. Nice road trip—-New Lexus driving through CA’s redwood forest. Maroon with tan interior. With my wife if she is acting OK.

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 1:18 AM

I like this.. it is calming.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 1:13 AM

That’s beautiful. Truly.
I like her, but had not heard that song. Thanks!

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Good Night All.

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 1:20 AM

This is a wonderful comment.

promachus on April 23, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Thanks

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I like Savage/Stevens (who now owns BowTech which I also own).. American made and a rebound from fiscal poverty which almost put them out of business. I am all about American made and rebounding corps!

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 1:21 AM

upinak,

Between classes, home buying and 11 feet of snow, did you finish your cookbook?

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 1:21 AM

What I’m listening to now–very, VERY LOUD!!!

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 1:13 AM

How high?

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Good Night All.

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 1:20 AM

G’night, B. Take care.

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 1:22 AM

upinak,

Between classes, home buying and 11 feet of snow, did you finish your cookbook?

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 1:21 AM

HELL NO! I had half of it done and saved and the damn computer crapped out on me. *sighs*

I do have most of the recipes still…. just haven’t had time.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 1:24 AM

How high?

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Love that voice. Some of the only country I’ll listen to. (And, yeah, you could guess the rest……And I’ll bet yer gonna try.)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 1:24 AM

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 12:41 AM

That was my introduction to the Pipes..

You see, I don’t know,.. My mother traced our family back to a dock in Liverpool, departed 1693,.. to a land grant from the crown,.. the family surname is Edwards. I’m told Welsh in origin, but there’s many an English family with that name too..

I wonder where exactly we came from in the Isles,.. because deep down inside, the Pipes stir my blood, like a half remembered whisper, building.. to a raging fire..

I wonder if there isn’t Scots in my bloodline.. since coming to America,.. I have blood from one of the Ohio tribes of Native Americans, and from my mother German blood..

But the Pipes speak to me too much, to not have some blood legacy..

doesn’t matter much I suppose.. We’re all Americans now, and fighting is as much in our blood as any of the Tribes our ancesters hailed from.. A nation of refugees,

We each answer our own call..

This is one of my favorite memories.. it shows us as we wish to to be.

mark81150 on April 23, 2012 at 1:24 AM

LOUD!!!

(I don’t think the bastards recorded it loud enough!)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 1:25 AM

We could have it all!..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2012 at 1:27 AM

That’s beautiful. Truly.
I like her, but had not heard that song. Thanks!

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 1:20 AM

you are welcome. I enjoy her songs… makes me happy and calm, even if they are kind of depressing at times.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I do have most of the recipes still…. just haven’t had time.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Well…What crapped out on you, the computer or the hard drive?
(You can usually save a hard drive, ya know?)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 1:28 AM

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Eff Don Black’s little worthless buddy and Laup Nor’s worthless minions.
In Lubbock the Paul-roaches have ruined the Tea Party and have wormed their way into the County GOP leadership.
That is unacceptable. The Paulistinians and Birchers need to be purged from local party leadership and SHUNNED-like WFB did to the Birchers @ NR.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 23, 2012 at 1:29 AM

(You can usually save a hard drive, ya know?)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 1:28 AM

everything. Cat sat on the laptop for warmth and when I saw it the next morning, it was doing the blinking blue screen of death (constant rebooting on itself and go blue screen every 30 seconds). Even the Computer Gurus said it was screwed…

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 1:30 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 23, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Umm Twerpy, Allen West is a Bircher. I don’t want to get rid of him.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Dire Straits on April 23, 2012 at 1:27 AM

You and Bmore keep missing each other!
He was looking for you.
People are gonna start to talk.

Also, I thought you meant this when you said, “We could have it all.”

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 1:32 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 23, 2012 at 1:29 AM

LOL.
Tell us how you really feel, twerp!
No. Seriously…sic ‘em girl!
I’m glad I ain’t on the wrong side right now!
(I like a lady that don’t mince my words n waste time.)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 1:35 AM

I like this.. it is calming.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I always liked this one too..

mark81150 on April 23, 2012 at 1:35 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Good one..Very good one..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2012 at 1:36 AM

LOUD!!!

(I don’t think the bastards recorded it loud enough!)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Strange fellow but definitely put out good music. I was listening to covers of some Beatles tunes tonight eg “In my life”, done by Johnny Cash. Their best works imo were written when they were under thirty. Deep thinkers but out there. John Lennon gets twitterpated with that psycho Yoko. She poses naked at 70—-eewww.

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Even the Computer Gurus said it was screwed…

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Depends on the “gurus” you spoke to.

Best Buy? (Jokers.)

Do you still have it? (The HDD)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Do you still have it? (The HDD)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 1:36 AM

yep…

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 1:37 AM

I always liked this one too..

mark81150 on April 23, 2012 at 1:35 AM

yep that one too.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 1:38 AM

okays off to couch and watch my frozen planet. I love penguins!

Nighters all.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 1:39 AM

We could have it all!..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2012 at 1:27 AM

I’m so in love with her voice. In awe, actually.

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Goodnight, upinak.

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 1:41 AM

She poses naked at 70—-eewww.

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Yeah, but you woulda said the same thing at 25, or whatever the ….. lady was back then. (She was Nasty.)

Good one..Very good one..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Yeah. Saw him with Bowie, as a matter of fact–though Bowie decided that he wanted to play his new “artsie-fartsie” crap that sucked–at least, it did to me!

Why not let’s get happy-happy!

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Good one..Very good one..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Evening Dire. Been waiting for you. Last night you played that outstanding one by Adele.
I sure wish I knew who this backup singer for Mr. Cash is. From Am recordings IV. She is on a couple from this album.
Nice voice.

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Something to do while at the HA “get together”…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 1:47 AM

yep…

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 1:37 AM

okays off to couch and watch my frozen planet. I love penguins!

Nighters all.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 1:39 AM

So, you’ve plugged it into your computer as a “slave”?
(Honestly, there’s a ton of Q’s.)
Windows XP, Vista, 7, etc.?

I’ll check back tomorrow, if you care to expound. Most likely, they told you what they had to to sell you more computer hardware. (You’re not stupid, they do that to most people successfully.)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 1:47 AM

I do have most of the recipes still…. just haven’t had time.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Well, maybe after you quit one of your day jobs…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 1:49 AM

No matter the times, I still believe.

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 1:54 AM

I’m so in love with her voice. In awe, actually.

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 1:39

I agree!!..Check out the youtube hit count for her video of that song..:)

PS..This voice is pretty close..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Nine Inch Nails?….

uhh.. I’ve heard some I liked, but nobody, nobody out did The Man in Black.

Nothing says regret, sorrow, like the face of a man who has lived two life times,,, nothing says forgiveness, and love like the face of his wife of decades, looking on as he sang this song. He was no boy scout, Johny Cash, but he lived well, and tried hard..

mark81150 on April 23, 2012 at 1:54 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 1:41 AM

lol—I am old enough to remmeber her when she was young. there is “naughty nasty” and gtfoh nasty. :) Other people might feel differently.

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 1:55 AM

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I’m glad that he’s in Congress-but my opinion of him just keeps dropping.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 23, 2012 at 1:57 AM

PS..This voice is pretty close..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2012 at 1:54 AM

I loved her when she first hit the music scene. Haven’t listened to anything more recent.

And yes, the number of views on the Adele video is insane, no?

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 1:59 AM

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Supposedly her name is Fionna Apple

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 1:59 AM

PS..This voice is pretty close..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Heh. That does remind one of an “old-time” beautiful voice.
But, I was stricken by that Sidewinders clip from yesterday.
That chick was awesome!

In case you missed it. (I’m too lazy to look it up–you might have posted it, for all I know!!!)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 1:59 AM

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Nice..This one has always left an impression on me..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Supposedly her name is Fionna Apple…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 1:59 AM

I was in love with her as a teenager.

I never posted that song ’cause she’s kinda crawlin’ around in her panties in the video, and I didn’t want to be considered a creep!

But, now that everyone will consider you a creep……Yeah, dude, she’s friggin’ hot! (But thoroughly confused, and not a good role model for young women and girls.) (Whew!)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 2:03 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Very nice..Excellent cover..:)

PS..Give credit to AZfederalist..He played that one..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2012 at 2:04 AM

And yes, the number of views on the Adele video is insane, no?

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Yes off the charts!!..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Supposedly her name is Fionna Apple…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 1:59 AM

I think you are right. I looked at the liner notes and saw that. However, on a couple of his other Am Recordings the same back up singer (sounds the same) can be heard but no attribution.

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 2:07 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 2:03 AM

ROFL

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 2:07 AM

PS..Give credit to AZfederalist..He played that one..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Yep. That’s who it was.
That girl can sing!

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Done broke my heart

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 2:10 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 2:03 AM

This lady had a classic..IMHO..:)

PS..But her politics are really bad..Awful..Just awful..:(

Dire Straits on April 23, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Wow. Naked Human Sling Shot would be fun. I would like to drive the tractor.

No wait. I would rather strap the ladies in the sling. So they would be safe of coarse.

SparkPlug on April 23, 2012 at 2:11 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 2:03 AM

She needs to eat a cheeseburger or two. I remember when she was more popular a few years ago—definitely troubled.

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 2:11 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 1:59 AM

She can sing…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 2:12 AM

ROFL

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Heh. Well, ya know, (as far as I know) she kinda went a bit nuts.

Don’t know if drugs had anything to do with it, or money,…or money and drugs, but that chick went a bit crazy.

Still…she had a great voice. (I know, I know, but I’m always saying that the 300lb. girl in Harlem is completely avoided, though she has a better voice than anyone “they” got. I thought I’d enjoy myself on this one.)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Best female vocalist ever..

Peggy Lee…

mark81150 on April 23, 2012 at 2:13 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 2:03 AM

I’ll add that to my resume…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Dire Straits on April 23, 2012 at 2:01 AM

and the three knotheads who hit dislike on youtube should be humiliated, scorned and shunned.

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 2:15 AM

I’ll add that to my resume…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Ok. Do that.
(?)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 2:16 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 1:17 AM

He’ll balance the budget in a responsible period of time. Not generations from now, like Paul Ryan’s plan, but in the here and now. Ron Paul has a plan that will balance the budget in his first term, cutting a trillion dollars the first year. I think that is more than enough time. Also, Ron Paul is a staunch opponent of taxation through inflation, which is a most insidious kind of tax that both parties endorse. While both parties fight about taxes and never get anywhere, under the table they both support inflation tax. That way the government always gets funded even with the shortfalls. That’s how the government get’s bigger and bigger, never smaller, in spite of the fact that we’re bankrupt. They borrow and they print and they bury the future of our country under this corrupt mess in order to buy votes.

He’ll cut spending by getting rid of departments of government bureaucracy, and unwise, unaffordable nation-building programs rather than hot button issues like Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare. He’ll get rid of spending that people won’t miss as much as their entitlements.

If Republicans are waiting around to balance the budget until they can gut Social Security and similar entitlements and increase nation-building, it will be a long time coming. It simply isn’t going to happen, not now, not in decades. We have to balance the budget right now, it is an emergency. Our children and their children are being screwed by our crony-government, buried under debt that will diminish their quality of life over the course of their lifetime. They will have less fulfilling lives with less hope that the people who’s debt they will be left to pay for through future taxes (debt), and inflation, (no gold standard).

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 2:17 AM

SparkPlug on April 23, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Of course… ;)

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 2:17 AM

SparkPlug on April 23, 2012 at 2:11 AM

I just take my womenz on the regular swing—-that slingshot businees can get someone hurt. Poke your eye out or something.

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 2:18 AM

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 2:15 AM

bluegill aka the Obsessor, BD and, Karl…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 2:19 AM

(?)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 2:16 AM

“creep”…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 2:20 AM

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Now you are getting down to some serious Man in Black music..Good stuff..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2012 at 2:23 AM

bluegill aka the Obsessor, BD and, Karl…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 2:19 AM

lol. how true.

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I’ve been in love with her for a long time, too, but I don’t think she crawled around in her panties in her earlier career.

So, maybe Gohawgs won’t be able to insinuate anything sinister, in that case, toward my character. Should we skip her? Gohawgs?

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 2:27 AM

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Regular swing would be much safer. Catapult is out of the question. In fact stationary naked ladies and beer is safer than a swing. They would be way less blurry too.

SparkPlug on April 23, 2012 at 2:29 AM

OK, it’s only fair that I post something by one of my all time favorite male singers. *sigh* His voice melts me.

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 2:29 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 23, 2012 at 1:29 AM

LOL! : )

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 2:31 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 23, 2012 at 1:29 AM

You are unhinged.

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 2:31 AM

John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Now you are getting down to some serious Man in Black music..Good stuff..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2012 at 2:23 AM

A few years ago while he was still alive, I saw a humorous top ten list of entertainers who you wouldn’t invite to a summer party. He was number one. I had to think about it but that is kind of true.

Although he would be first on my list TO invite. The songs were just part of the complex man. I think he would be a hoot to hang with. He met Joaquin Phoenix once and told him how much he liked all the gory parts of Gladiator. You don’t know if he was serious or yanking Phoenix’ chain.

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 2:32 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Is she from Saskatchewan?…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 2:35 AM

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Dang. Had to turn up the A/C. Greg Lake’s voice is muy hot. :)

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 2:35 AM

SparkPlug on April 23, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Basements are good. Difficult to exit quickly. :)

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Basements are good. Difficult to exit quickly. :)

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Do you have a collection of exotic moths?…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 2:39 AM

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 2:35 AM

I’d throw water on you but…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 2:40 AM

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 2:17 AM

In regards to your first para., I will agree that the Fed printing money is going to kill us. But, to say that he’ll (Ron Paul) balance the budget in his first term and cut one trillion in spending in his first year is quite optimistic. (The president does not have supreme authority, no matter what Odumbo thinks.) (It would be good if the bastards stopped printing money.)

Second para.: He’s not going to close government departments any more than Santorum, Romnet, GINGRICH, etc. are. I like you–but don’t be a fool–that’s what the salesman says to get you to buy. NOT A CHANCE.

Third para.: Well, you’re not saying anything, there, are you? I AGREE COMPLETELY that it’s an emergency, that we can’t wait, that republicans have done a shit job of it…but where are we? Ron Paul doesn’t get you anything that Romney, Santorum, Gingrich, et al get you; i.e. NONE OF THESE GUYS (INCLUDING R PAUL) IS GONNA DO THAT!

Sorry. Thanks for responding–I was curious if I had missed something. (I hadn’t. Your Ron Paul Scheme is as ineffectual as any other I’ve heard.)

(Also, I don’t mean to criticize you for your views. But, I’m certain that you’re wrong.)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 2:40 AM

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Llolz..I would have invited him to my party too..:)

PS..Tip of the Day..Stay away from this train..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Do you have a collection of exotic moths?…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Extensive wine collection and art works—-at least that’s the story.

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 2:42 AM

I’d throw water on you but…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 2:40 AM

LOL. I know. It’s pathetic, but he still does it for me. :)

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Is she from Saskatchewan?…

Gohawgs on April 23, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Nope. She’s a Jewish Russian immigrant from NY. (Though, I think she was born in this country. So, her parents are immigrants.)

Though, I don’t get your joke, so…

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 2:44 AM

PS..Tip of the Day..Stay away from this train..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2012 at 2:41 AM

My wife loves him, gets all excited.

This train didn’t work out either

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 2:44 AM

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 2:17 AM

ok….

Don’t believe a word of it, but.. ok..

Look, Social Security and Medicare are on a fast track to insolvency, we all know this, and when it accounts for two thirds of the budget, I do not see how you can avoid touching them, to repair… not gut.. That is a libertarian dream, not a republican one.

You won’t find any republican politician advocating getting rid of Social Security and Medicare, they don’t exist. The ONLY ONLY people saying this are rabid Paul types..

so I don’t see where you get the notion Paul can disolove whole departments without a trace of pain,.. and not touch the most dire in need of repair programs?

I’m on SSD, Social Security Disablity, So no, I don’t want them “gutted”.. and amazed you think the GOP wants to…. That’s pure Paulista propaganda, not true.. The Ryan plan is reasonable, and it leaves those currently and soon to get these benefits alone… gradually phasing in reforms, ..

I have seen NO specifics from Paul,.. only he promises cuts.. No details on anything.. and that whack a doo dream that the fringe hangs on to about the gold standard.. son that train left decades ago…

but…

None of this happens in a vacuum.. Even if your version is correct (I do not believe so.. but just for the sake of argument), and suppose by some extrodinary stroke of divine intervention Paul gets the nomination..

Then supposing Obama and the MSM don’t destroy him in place (A HUGE leap)… and supposing he gets sworn in without half the country bolting for the exits…. I’ll be packing for certain.. You all can commit suicide without my family… thank you..

He will get exactly zero Bills passed and signed into law..

To accomplish anything, the president has to have Congress willing to play ball… Paul would have NO ONE of a harsh libertarian bent on his side.. The GOP would join with the democrats to block anything he tries to do.. and excutive orders?… Obama gets away with his unConstitutional power grabs, because the MSM viciously attacks anyone who points it out.. and the GOP doesn’t hold the Senate, yet..

The only way a President Paul,..(Gaggggg,.. e-yuck, now me mouth feels dirty,… pauuugh..s ick)…

can get ANYTHING done, is to himself act unConstitutionally, to become what he has condemed OBama exactly for doing…

I’m sympathetic to wishing to find a magic politician to FIX everything..

but Paul is a pipe dream..

He can’t even win a single primary.. and you think by some magic he can win a general?

son… I’m sorry, it will not happen.

mark81150 on April 23, 2012 at 2:46 AM

Dang. Had to turn up the A/C. Greg Lake’s voice is muy hot. :)

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Dang. So I can get a chick with my voice?
(It’s definitely better than that guy’s!)
Lol. Kidding. Enjoy your weasely, pip-squeked voiced hero.

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 2:47 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 2:40 AM

I give the Paulbots credit for tenacity, but I’m with you, RC.

4Grace on April 23, 2012 at 2:48 AM

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 2:44 AM

Nice..But don’t forget the highways..:)

Dire Straits on April 23, 2012 at 2:48 AM

I know but I listened to a lot of Mr. Snow in juvie.

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 2:51 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 2:40 AM

I didn’t say he has the authority to do it on his own, but he will try his best, his record clearly shows that he has been consistent all these decades. He is clearly not like your average corrupt politician in it for himself. Ron Paul is plain spoken and he’ll be able to do a lot with the bully pulpit. If Congress doesn’t go along with popular reforms then the people will throw them out and we’ll have another tea party.

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 2:52 AM