Quotes of the day

posted at 8:00 pm on April 22, 2012 by Allahpundit

“The Republican Party establishment has withstood the tea-party revolution…

“While tea-party activists have won county chairmanships and seats on state central committees, few (if any) activists have clinched slots on the Republican Party’s 168-member governing committee. That’s not to say that tea-partiers have disappeared or that they won’t get their moment in the sun — but it may take years for them to climb the party ladder the same way as everyone else…

“Many Republicans here said that tea-party activists now understand that things will run more smoothly if those with experience are in charge rather than those who put a premium on ideology over process…

“‘We’ve all been through it. We just got there before they did,’ Crocker added. ‘It’s just learning that everybody who is in government is not evil, that we’ve got some really good people in government. Let’s don’t burn the barn down to get rid of the rats. Number two, there’s a way to get things done and a way where you can work hard and not get anything done.’”

***

“Texas Gov. Rick Perry this morning endorsed David Dewhurst for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by retiring Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison…

“‘David’s been a loyal supporter of mine, and I, in turn, am a loyal supporter of him and his task to become the next United States senator,” Perry told Dallas TV station KTVT.

“Perry’s endorsement — while not surprising — is a blow to the campaigns of [Ted] Cruz and James, who have been portraying themselves as the true conservative in the race and have knocked Dewhurst for being too moderate.”

***

“The activists working to oust centrist Republicans are often lumped together under the Tea Party heading, but in addition to scrappy protesters, they include such well-funded groups as FreedomWorks and the Club for Growth. This year, these groups are playing a more prominent role than the raucous Tea Party rallies prevalent in 2010.

“Leaders of the movement say that does not mean its influence is fading. ‘In 2009 and 2010, the effective thing to do was to vocally and publicly show your outrage through protest,’ according to Jenny Beth Martin, national coordinator of the Tea Party Patriots. ‘In the past year, a lot of groups have taken a step back and learned how to work the system.’”

***

The tea party isn’t dead. It’s just looking down ballot. While fiscal conservatives remain split over the GOP presidential candidates, grassroots activists are coalescing around a stellar slate of limited-government candidates looking to reinforce and reenergize the right in Washington.

“And in the spirit of the modern-day tea party movement, no entrenched incumbent — Democrat or Republican — is safe…

“The 36-year, six-term [Orrin] Hatch was first elected in 1976 on an anti-entrenched incumbent platform. Hatch’s campaign line then against his opponent Frank Moss: ‘What do you call a Senator who’s served in office for 18 years? You call him home.’ Now, Hatch is clinging to power after almost four decades in government — and vainly attempting to claim the tea party mantle to stave off Liljenquist’s David vs. Goliath primary challenge…

“It’s time for Orrin Hatch to go.”

***

“‘Freedomworks, the group of Dick Armey, is gunning for you,’ Van Susteren informed Sen. Hatch, who seemed to mind only what he insisted were lies from the group. ‘They take a few dozen of my votes out of the better of 12,000 votes that I’ve cast, distort those votes and lie about them, direct lie about them.’ He argued they were only trying to raise money. ‘They take someone like myself who everybody knows and they trash Orrin Hatch and they raise a lot of money from conservatives all over the country who think what they’re saying is true.’ He concluded with a flourish, ‘they’re not people I have very much respect for. I don’t have any respect for them, in fact.’

“Van Susteren appeared perplexed at someone like Hatch receiving an attack from the right, though Sen. Hatch noted that he did, in fact, have Tea Party support. Freedomworks was a separate issue, a group who ‘have plush offices right down on Capitol Hill’ and are ‘in it for the money.’ ‘You can go down the list vote after vote after vote,’ he insisted, and find lies. As for Armey himself, Sen. Hatch was plain in his language. ‘I have no respect for Dick at this particular point,’ calling the group ‘radical libertarians’ but noting that ‘I’m libertarian in a lot of ways. But I’m not a radical.’”

***

“Some of Hatch’s attacks have been aimed directly at FreedomWorks, the grassroots group I’m the president of, which he insults as being ‘run by two libertarians who don’t really believe in the Republican Party.’ I’ve been called far worse than ‘libertarian,’ and I know FreedomWorks Chairman Dick Armey has too. It happens when you come from the Republican wing of the Republican Party. And we can take it.

“But when the senator turns his fire on his own constituents, everyday Americans who are disappointed in their elected official’s record, he’s gone too far.

“‘Some of their disciples here who are Utahn say they’re not Republicans but they are going to take over the Republican Party,’ Hatch has said. ‘We don’t want radicals to take over our party.’ Radicals? Isn’t that what Nancy Pelosi and President Obama call us?”

***

“There was a time when the tea party represented a hope for conservatives and for America. The tea party started out as a grassroots reaction to the liberalism of the new administration in Washington and its overreaching programs. The new movement focused on the bailout, cap-and-trade and Obamacare. Across the country, there was a kind of awakening among those who had been disconnected from the political process.

“Unfortunately, there were so many new volunteers, they burst the old pathways of activism, spreading in all directions. Existing conservative groups simply couldn’t organize them quickly enough and, without a leadership to provide focus, dozens of local warlords — each with his or her view of the world — began to call the shots.

“In place of the old Reagan coalition, we now have many tribes. The chiefs of these tribes do not have much political experience. Many didn’t even bother to vote before 2009 and most will tell you that they ‘woke up’ only after the election of President Obama. They don’t understand that democracy — especially representative democracy — requires patience and compromise. That’s the way a republic works.”

***

“Viewed broadly, it appears that the tea party may well be a victim of its own success. In 2010, it proved its powers — beating establishment-backed candidates in Senate races in Delaware, Colorado, Florida, Utah and Alaska to name a few. The result? Candidates are far more wary of crossing the tea party this time around, moving to embrace it rather than stare it down.

“‘The reason for the appearance of less tea party success is that the establishment candidates have moved markedly to the right this cycle,’ Lerner said. ‘As the establishment candidates have moved to the right, there is less of a gap for tea party candidates to exploit.’…

“The question then is what the tea party does for an encore. Having moved the GOP — and the broader debate on fiscal issues — further to the ideological right, does it re-incorporate itself into the Republican Party? Disappear entirely? Or find another cause such as fiscal austerity around which to rally?”

***

Via NBC/WSJ.

***

“A lot of Republicans in Congress want to cooperate, they know better, but they are in the thralls of this reign of terror from the far right that has dragged this party to the right.”

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7 8 9

Rob Eichmann

Sour grapes, Party shill, Bite me. This tribe fights.

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:09 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I’m in Florida but from Virginia, I know all about the humidity stuff. It’s been nice not to have either heat or air on since November.

Cindy Munford on April 23, 2012 at 12:09 AM

I had over 11 ft, don’t whine.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:08 AM

You might have missed the point in that short comment.
(Maybe read it again.)
(Or not.)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 12:09 AM

If it wasn’t for Michelle… no one would be here. Think of it that way.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I do think of that.

But Twerp is not liking Michelle because of positions that she has held or spoken of……
I admire Michelle..but I want to know what Twerp’s position is today.

Just learning from my peers. :)

Electrongod on April 23, 2012 at 12:10 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 12:09 AM

I guess you didn’t get my whining?

11ft.. 11 farking FEET!

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Rob Eichmann

Sour grapes, Party shill, Bite me. This tribe fights.

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Okay, okay, okay…
That had to be a haiku!?!?!

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 12:11 AM

listens2glenn on April 22, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Well looky here. Thought you were either lost in one of the multiple bannings that occurred or………….Say, what do like as your funeral song ; )

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Boy, I must have really missed that conversation!

I’ll have to think on that a bit.

listens2glenn on April 23, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I’ll have to think on that a bit.

listens2glenn on April 23, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Take it with a grain.. Bmore is being snarky :)

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Michelle Malkin is genuinely conservative, whether we agree with her on everything or not.
No reason to lose respect for her.

She’s still a great conservative voice within the dominant “media culture”.

But, I still love ‘Twerp. : )

listens2glenn on April 23, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I concur….

Electrongod on April 23, 2012 at 12:12 AM

The way I see Ms. Maulkin’s point is that there is no reason to kiss The Won’s hindquarters because Gov. Romney is going to be labeled an unhinged racists no matter what he says. Just stick to the facts about what is going on in the country. I don’t care who is a swell guy when I’m paying almost $4 a gallon for gas.

Cindy Munford on April 23, 2012 at 12:13 AM

$4 a gallon for gas.

Cindy Munford on April 23, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Cindy I loves you… can I have YOUR gas prices?

Oh and lets thank the Federal government. Did you know that you pay 42% for taxes to the feds? Oh yes.. the refinery taxes are a PITA!

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I don’t agree with twerp on Gov. Palin but I’m still crazy about twerp.

Cindy Munford on April 23, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I guess you didn’t get my whining?

11ft.. 11 farking FEET!

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Oh! Sorry!
I talked to a bunch of friends I had who lived in the UP.
They were obnoxious as hell, telling me, “Dude, you don’t know what snow is!”
Maybe I’m still carrying that anger around! (Lol)

I can’t top Alaska, but we had one winter where I could climb on my parents’ roof after the mound of snow that fell in one night. (We know snow!…………but……not like Alaska.)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Chris Cillizza

Chrissy, how on earth can we possibly be irrelevant if we are dead? The thing I enjoy most about being dead is, when I wake up in the morning I have more energy and fewer aches and pains. Another observation might be if we are so dang irrelevant why are you spending your valuable time ink and paper writing about us? I think we’ll just keep right on keeping on. You, find something relevant to write about. Get a hobby. Or something.

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Cindy Munford on April 23, 2012 at 12:13 AM

OK….

That was straight to the point….

Couldn’t agree more Cindy..

Electrongod on April 23, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Got to go to bed, folks. But glad to “touch base”.

Working with the Amish framers tomorrow, if we don’t get “rained-out”.
‘Night all

listens2glenn on April 23, 2012 at 12:17 AM

I’ll have to think on that a bit.

listens2glenn on April 23, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Hows, Nice to have you back, sound?

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:17 AM

I don’t agree with twerp on Gov. Palin but I’m still crazy about twerp.

Cindy Munford on April 23, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Twerp and I have our issues.. and she knows what they are.

1. don’t tell me to stop hunting.
2. don’t rag on Alaska (she can have her opinion on Palin)

She and I are okay with other things, for the most part.

But Bluegill is a freaking troll. I am totally not impressed.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Michelle Malkin has tougher balls than most men these days, for shame.

bluegill is to Michelle M. what Obama is to Ronald Reagan. Two of them are not allowed to even spit on the paths the other two walk on.

Schadenfreude on April 23, 2012 at 12:17 AM

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:15 AM

It’s funny how they always leave that part out isn’t it. And if we do what they say and use less, they will just raise the taxes. Or finally figure out a way to charge mileage also. I compare it to cigarettes. They talk trash about them but won’t make them illegal because they rake in too much revenue from them. Bunch of hypocrites.

Cindy Munford on April 23, 2012 at 12:18 AM

AZ
You able to lose the blue people? I saw the comment about speed. Good! I was hoping it would work for you. Much nicer.

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Nope, still have blue people on FireFox, but not on Chrome. That’s OK, after downloading that extension, using HotAir on FireFox is now tolerable and I’ll just cut and past links into Chrome if I don’t want blue people.

Thanks again for the link to the extension. It works great

AZfederalist on April 23, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Meet the depressed, Who cares? Do folks still tune in to watch that crap?

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:19 AM

NPR Enough said.

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Many endorsements are merely paying back an old political debt, or done under pressure from the party as blackmail. Endorse or will will not help you next election. Who rally cares about a lot of these so called endorsements among the electorate. Some are even negative signs to me, McCain just endorsed Lugar and that to me is a kiss of death.

dunce on April 23, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Well that was fun, anyone have a tune?

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Bunch of hypocrites.

Cindy Munford on April 23, 2012 at 12:18 AM

yep. And if I farking hear a republican talk about taxes and then wanting to insight another damn tax on cigareets, I am going to come out and have people sign a petition to be voted on and made law that no law makers are allowed to go anywhere without them paying their own way/hotel/food. I am tired of it.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Chris Cillizza

“Walking Bmore”?

Is AP gonna have a thread putting you down, tomorrow?

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 12:21 AM

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:17 AM

She/he/it is a big fan of Gov. Romney, to the point where I can’t even make fun of it/her/him because it is kind of touching to believe someone is going to fix all our problems. I remember how I felt about Reagan.

Cindy Munford on April 23, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I got to go for tonight…

Tomorrow!

Electrongod on April 23, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I remember how I felt about Reagan.

Cindy Munford on April 23, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Yes, but Ronny didn’t come up with nationalize healthcare no one wants.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:22 AM

But Bluegill is a freaking troll. I am totally not impressed.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:17 AM

The gilled one, prefers bread balls over canned corn. She is also frightened of the word gig. She is normally thrown back. And she likes to call GOP candidates Bigot. Other than that enjoy. ; )

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Well that was fun, anyone have a tune?

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Dude…again I’ve been listening to this on-and-off for a while.

I don’t think I’ve had a change in sexual persuasion in the last day, I’m just digging that tune. (I’m gonna blame it on going into Detroit last night……yeah, that’s the culprit.)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 12:24 AM

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Oh and I almost forgot, when she appears on a thread and in particular the sacred ground of QOTD, I generally can smell she is here by the stench of rotting fish. ; )

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Tomorrow!

Electrongod on April 23, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Excelsior!

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Yes, but Ronny didn’t come up with nationalize healthcare no one wants.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Rmoney still has the excuse that it was a state’s rights thing. No?

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 12:27 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Funny you should mention the persuasion thingy. I’ve had a hankering lately for this. Is that wrong? ; )

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Rmoney still has the excuse that it was a state’s rights thing. No?

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 12:27 AM

sure, but was it not the platform for what is happening now? I think so.

That is a huge problem for me. And one reason I am not happy with Romney.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:28 AM

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I know. And Reagan knew that government was the problem, not the answer. It’s depressing how many are so willing to be enslaved by regulations and taxes.

Cindy Munford on April 23, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Good Night Electrongod, Sleep well .

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Well that was fun, anyone have a tune?

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I gots one massa

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Cindy Munford on April 23, 2012 at 12:29 AM

they think it will make everything all better.

That is what I am writing a research paper on, regulations and over-regulating. It is tiring work.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:31 AM

AZfederalist on April 23, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I’ll see if I can’t dig around a bit on the blue thing. Just weird. Glad you saw an improvement in speed. Plus you get to see who is tracking you.

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:31 AM

in honor of his 76th birthday.

RickB on April 23, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Who did his hair? Lyle Lovett?

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 12:32 AM

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 12:30 AM

How goes it arnold? Thanks for the tune. : )

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Lol. Too slow for me–no matter the “persuasion”, though I don’t find it fits into that category (NotThatThere’sAnythingWrongWithIt.)

I might have posted this questionable one before–but, dammit, I do love it! (I don’t care who knows…don’t tell my dad.)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 12:33 AM

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I can’t imagine. I know I am ignorant of most of what is imposed on people and business. I’d probably be spitting nails if I had a more knowledge.

Cindy Munford on April 23, 2012 at 12:34 AM

But will you keep Lubbock’s tornadoes?

I hear they’re “in bloom” this time of year.

listens2glenn on April 22, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Naw. Lubbock weather is boooring.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 23, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Cindy Munford on April 23, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Oh, more like brim stone and fire. And I am only doing it on drilling regs.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I think the puppies are ready to go to bed. It’s been great talking to all of you. Good night and sweet dreams.

Cindy Munford on April 23, 2012 at 12:36 AM

No. I’ve never seen anything over-the-top at Reason.
(No sarc.)

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 11:51 PM

That’s very interesting. Because Reason has been bagging on all of the candidates all primary long similar to MM, they’re not good enough. I wonder why one kind of ideological test is ok and another is not. Might it be the ones you share are acceptable and the ones you don’t are not?

alwaysfiredup on April 23, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Who did his hair? Lyle Lovett?

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 12:32 AM

LOL! I know right? Speaking of which since we’re just chi-chatting , got my monthly haircut today. Same monk cut I’ve been getting since………………

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Hey Bmore my friend.. I know this got left behind a way back… but you were asking about funeral songs..

I’m 16 years older than my wife,.. first and only marriage for the two of us. I figure nature being what it is, to go before she does.. so I asked to be cremated, and my ashes stored,.. so that when her time comes, if she’ll still have me, I wish to be buried with her, inside the coffin.

I’m an old fashioned romantic, and she’s the only women I could ever want to be with till the end of time.

This one is my favored one right now.

Who dares to love forever,
Who dare who dare,
Who wants to live forever,
When love must die

So touch my tears with your lips,
Touch my world with your fingertips,
And we can have forever
And we can have forever,
Forever is our today,
Who wants to live forever,
Who wants to live forever,
Forever is our today,
Who waits forever anyway?

mark81150 on April 23, 2012 at 12:37 AM

We shouldn’t turn our backs on someone or demonize them simply because we agree with them only 85% of the time rather than 100%.

bluegill on April 22, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Isn’t that what you’re doing to Michelle? I’ve noticed over the years here at HotAir that people who complain about strict ideological purity tests are usually their biggest proponents.

Are you really suggesting that judging a public servant on their record is wrong in some way? That Michelle shouldn’t write about her opinion of whether Hatch deserves another chance, based on whatever standards she wishes to apply?

The seat that Hatch occupies is not his own and never was. It belongs to the people, as we all know. He was sent their to be a responsible steward of our nation. Now we’re $16 trillion dollars in debt under his watch and climbing rapidly—even with Bush and a Republican Congress. Ron Paul has been warning us for years about what is going on, warning of the crash in ’08, what has Hatch done in that time? He voted to raise the debt ceiling so many times that it’s easy to assume he voted for them all.

Hatch supports taxation-through-inflation monetary policy, and inflation is the worst kind of tax that hits the poor the hardest while the wealthiest, who are well invested and only use cash as necessary, can continue to prosper. That means for all of his talk about not raising taxes, it’s only true if you exclude inflation, the most insidious hidden tax.

Hatch needs to go, he’s part of the problem and is therefor a hindrance to saving the country.

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 12:37 AM

alwaysfiredup on April 23, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Sorry RC, that was really directed at bluegill, copied the wrong piece.

alwaysfiredup on April 23, 2012 at 12:38 AM

in honor of his 76th birthday.

RickB on April 23, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Wow, hard to believe.

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:38 AM

How goes it arnold? Thanks for the tune. : )

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Fine sir. 95 today, had to turn on mr. ac. Chicken parm for dinner, Apothic 2010 red for liquid refreshment.
I can’t believe it was only in the thirties where you are.

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 12:38 AM

That is a huge problem for me. And one reason I am not happy with Romney.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Still, like I’ve said many times, you have to consider what he will sign/veto, versus what Odumbo will sign/veto…

I get so frustrated with some posters here who talk about the two guys like they’re the same. NO! Do you think that if the GOP holds the House AND takes the Senate (which isn’t going to happen) that Obama will sign a repeal of “Obamacare”?????

Will Pres. Romney?

If you answer the question honestly, you see why I’ve long since stopped replying to Santo-maniacs. (Note: I don’t usually use the term, but I’ve read so much anti-Mitt stuff (and Mitt-bot stuff) lately that I can’t help it.

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 12:39 AM

alwaysfiredup on April 23, 2012 at 12:38 AM

copy/paste FAIL.. go to our room young man. ;)

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:40 AM

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I’m giving up… ;)

Good to see you upi.

alwaysfiredup on April 23, 2012 at 12:41 AM

mark81150 on April 23, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Scots Irish baby. I wanna fight. :)

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 12:41 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 12:39 AM

No they aren’t the same. But what I said is my main issue with Romney. I don’t care about him being mormon, if he was born rich, a dog on his roof… nothing like that matters to me. I just wish he would say Oops I screwed up, I shouldn’t have signed for that.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:43 AM

mark81150 on April 23, 2012 at 12:37 AM

I have entered your wishes to the book of lists I keep. I will have it should anyone ever need to get it. ; )

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Good to see you upi.

alwaysfiredup on April 23, 2012 at 12:41 AM

nice to see you. LTNS.

I am being a bad girl and ignoring my work…. HA is a stress reliever.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:44 AM

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 12:30 AM

I like mine a bit further back… I was born in 59, but I grew up to hearing this kind of thing on the ra-did-eo…..

Baby, having me some fun tonight

mark81150 on April 23, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I remember how I felt about Reagan.

Cindy Munford on April 23, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Check this out. I loved Reagan as gov. but believed in the meme that Bush was more electable and despite liking him more, voted for Bush in the primary. Not the first nor the last time I made a mistake.

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 12:45 AM

alwaysfiredup on April 23, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Or, maybe I’m an uninformed rube?!?!

I don’t do what you’re accusing me of. (I’m also not an uninformed rube.) It could be that I’ve missed Reason’s incendiary rhetoric. It could be that I’m overstating Michelle Malkin’s incendiary rhetoric.

But, it’s definitely not what you’re thinking it is. I’m not that kind of guy. (Look up my posts from the past–you’ll see.)

I’ve been an “Anybody But Obama” guy since last year. (I was one of the first ABOs–and PROUD of it.)

If you’re searching for an extreme partisan to do battle with, I’m sorry, but you’ll have to move on.

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I can’t believe it was only in the thirties where you are.

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Its ridiculous, my perfect daytime temp 85, nightime 70. Climate change. I would actually enjoy 95 right about now. I’m as you know from the South. I would rather sweat than shiver. ; )

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Where the heck is Dire?

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:46 AM

mark81150 on April 23, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I just want to tell you sir that I have framed a quote of yours from the other night—”sodomized by Karma”, awesome.

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Baby, having me some fun tonight…

mark81150 on April 23, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Yeah!

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:45 AM

For a few years now I have had a pretty nice succulent garden. Research indicates they do best at temps from 40 to 80. So do I.

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 12:48 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 12:45 AM

always did a oopsey… recant!

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I just wish he would say Oops I screwed up, I shouldn’t have signed for that.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Lol. I think you’re talking about MA healthcare and its mandate?

YES. If that’s what you’re on about, I could do nothing but agree. (Also, I’ve posted numerous times in the past saying the same thing!!!) Whoever his advisors are, he would have been much better served hiring the two of us to manage his campaign!

(Why……….oh!…….WHY!…..Did he not apologive for MA healthcare?!?!!?!?)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 12:50 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I’m sorry, it was an accident, meant to quote bluegill and not you… and then the apology quote failed too. It’s not my night.

alwaysfiredup on April 23, 2012 at 12:50 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 12:50 AM

that is exactly what I am talking about.

Since he won’t say OOPS, I ate/screwed the pooch on that, I am worried he might try it like Obama has been trying.

THAT is why I a weary!

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:52 AM

It’s not my night.

alwaysfiredup on April 23, 2012 at 12:50 AM

nope… here have an Alaskan Amber. Better than a Sam Adams AND is in the top 10 beers in the U.S. :)

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:53 AM

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Someday I’m going to make it up there and try one!

alwaysfiredup on April 23, 2012 at 12:53 AM

It’s not my night.

alwaysfiredup on April 23, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Thats not like you, you’re usually very spot on. Everything okay?

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Michelle Malkin puts herself and her family at great personal risk every single day. The rest of us are not worthy to tie her shoelaces for her. So in spite of the fact that I don’t always agree with every single thing she says or writes, I would be a complete schmuck if I said that I did anything other than hold her in the highest regard. She is on the front lines for us conservatives every single day. She provides us with a TREMENDOUS service and I WON’T forget that. Don’t think that she does not pay a price for it, either. It is yet to be determined if the disappearance of her cousin Marizela was some sort of “payback” by the unhinged left.

My collie says:

And if you think that CC is just spouting hyperbole at this point, then you clearly have NO IDEA just how mean, deranged, and downright Satanic that the liberals in Seattle really are.

CyberCipher on April 23, 2012 at 12:55 AM

always did a oopsey… recant!

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:49 AM

No. You’re good. I could see how you wouldn’t know how I felt about that stuff from what I wrote today.

(I personally routinely forget different people’s positions (on HA) unless they make some sort of associative connection in my brain. Like, I remember all sorts of people’s phone numbers by association. That shit’s goin’ right out the window with the tech we have today.)

Yeah–I’ll always give a person the benefit of the doubt. (I don’t care that much about a blog!)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Everything okay?

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Yes, just a very long weekend between two very long weeks. On the plus side, the oldest boy is now a card-carrying Lutheran and will successfully graduate elementary school. I must have done something right. :)

alwaysfiredup on April 23, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Someday I’m going to make it up there and try one!

alwaysfiredup on April 23, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Might want to check your area… they are nation wide. You don’t have to come up to enjoy an Alaskan Amber.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:57 AM

alwaysfiredup on April 23, 2012 at 12:50 AM

That’s okay!
See my note to “upinak” at 12:56 AM.
No harm, no foul.

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I shouldn’t have signed for that.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:43 AM

He put together a special stage with a raised platform and made a huge production of it, with a huge smile on his face remarks about the momentous occasion. Historic. He was the first politician in America to enact an individual mandate, which forces every citizen of his state to purchase the products and services of the corporate cronies that paid for Romney’s campaign.

And then Obama copied it. They’re the only two in the US ever to do so. It was Palin, Ron Paul and others that helped us try to stop it, not Romney, he remained silent. If he thought Romneycare was so great, and said in the first revision of his book that it should be the national model: it is reasonable to assume that he probably supported Obamacare at the time. That means the only reason he says he’ll veto it now is political. Just like Bush tried to shove Shamnesty down our throats, I believe Romney will try to shove Romneycare down our throats.

If Obamacare is overturned, the tea party will have rescued America from Obamacare, only to turn around and condemn it to Romneycare.

Is it just a coincidence that two only two politicians to support an unpopular mandate are the two people vying for the presidency? It seems unlikely, but who has the most to gain from the mandate? Ah, that’s right, the insurance and healthcare companies who’s products and services everybody has to buy. And hey, look at all the money they donate.

And Romney’s refusal to repudiate Romneycare tells you all you need to know about his plans for the future. A snake-oil-salesman like him who flip flops on everything, who is willing to say or do anything to be President, and this is the only thing he won’t flip flop on? Of course he has plans for Romneycare in the future.

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 12:57 AM

One or two more and I’m out. Out like the wind that was today.

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Of course he has plans for Romneycare in the future.

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 12:57 AM

and as I said.. that bothers me the most!

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:37 AM

You funny guy. I let mine grow till it looks like a dem—think Ed Markey, MA, w/out the communism, and then get it cut back to GI style or as my pretty little neighbor says “a boy haircut”. I say “c’mere, I’ll show you something.”

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 12:59 AM

alwaysfiredup on April 23, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Good, it has been a wild ride. And at least you didn’t do a whole lot of wrong. ; )

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Where the heck is Dire?

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:46 AM

I think Dire was cursing you for not showing up earlier. No?

I could swear he was saying, “Where’s Bmore,” two hours ago.

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I say “c’mere, I’ll show you something.”

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 12:59 AM

I have saved a lot of $ over 30 years having the better half cutting it. I’m frugal and don’t use mirrors. ; )

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 1:02 AM

FloatingRock on April 23, 2012 at 12:57 AM

This is a wonderful comment.

promachus on April 23, 2012 at 1:05 AM

“Where’s Bmore,” two hours ago.

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Was he? Crap I needed to tell him something. One more and I’m gone. This one is for upinak, I don’t know her tastes yet, so I’ll start out here.

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 1:05 AM

I guess I am going to be asking hubby for that 12g shot gun I have been wanting. Might as well get that AR he wants to get me as well. Happy Birthday to me.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 1:06 AM

It has begun….

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Did you notice the link to public comments on Fast and Furious?

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 1:05 AM

need to be more up to date…

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 1:08 AM

alwaysfiredup on April 23, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Congratulations on both accounts.

AZfederalist on April 23, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Did you notice the link to public comments on Fast and Furious?

arnold ziffel on April 23, 2012 at 1:07 AM

nope.. where?

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Sorry. His last post (I think) was a little before you got here. I just assumed you saw them.

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 1:10 AM