Quotes of the day

posted at 8:00 pm on April 22, 2012 by Allahpundit

“The Republican Party establishment has withstood the tea-party revolution…

“While tea-party activists have won county chairmanships and seats on state central committees, few (if any) activists have clinched slots on the Republican Party’s 168-member governing committee. That’s not to say that tea-partiers have disappeared or that they won’t get their moment in the sun — but it may take years for them to climb the party ladder the same way as everyone else…

“Many Republicans here said that tea-party activists now understand that things will run more smoothly if those with experience are in charge rather than those who put a premium on ideology over process…

“‘We’ve all been through it. We just got there before they did,’ Crocker added. ‘It’s just learning that everybody who is in government is not evil, that we’ve got some really good people in government. Let’s don’t burn the barn down to get rid of the rats. Number two, there’s a way to get things done and a way where you can work hard and not get anything done.’”

***

“Texas Gov. Rick Perry this morning endorsed David Dewhurst for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by retiring Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison…

“‘David’s been a loyal supporter of mine, and I, in turn, am a loyal supporter of him and his task to become the next United States senator,” Perry told Dallas TV station KTVT.

“Perry’s endorsement — while not surprising — is a blow to the campaigns of [Ted] Cruz and James, who have been portraying themselves as the true conservative in the race and have knocked Dewhurst for being too moderate.”

***

“The activists working to oust centrist Republicans are often lumped together under the Tea Party heading, but in addition to scrappy protesters, they include such well-funded groups as FreedomWorks and the Club for Growth. This year, these groups are playing a more prominent role than the raucous Tea Party rallies prevalent in 2010.

“Leaders of the movement say that does not mean its influence is fading. ‘In 2009 and 2010, the effective thing to do was to vocally and publicly show your outrage through protest,’ according to Jenny Beth Martin, national coordinator of the Tea Party Patriots. ‘In the past year, a lot of groups have taken a step back and learned how to work the system.’”

***

The tea party isn’t dead. It’s just looking down ballot. While fiscal conservatives remain split over the GOP presidential candidates, grassroots activists are coalescing around a stellar slate of limited-government candidates looking to reinforce and reenergize the right in Washington.

“And in the spirit of the modern-day tea party movement, no entrenched incumbent — Democrat or Republican — is safe…

“The 36-year, six-term [Orrin] Hatch was first elected in 1976 on an anti-entrenched incumbent platform. Hatch’s campaign line then against his opponent Frank Moss: ‘What do you call a Senator who’s served in office for 18 years? You call him home.’ Now, Hatch is clinging to power after almost four decades in government — and vainly attempting to claim the tea party mantle to stave off Liljenquist’s David vs. Goliath primary challenge…

“It’s time for Orrin Hatch to go.”

***

“‘Freedomworks, the group of Dick Armey, is gunning for you,’ Van Susteren informed Sen. Hatch, who seemed to mind only what he insisted were lies from the group. ‘They take a few dozen of my votes out of the better of 12,000 votes that I’ve cast, distort those votes and lie about them, direct lie about them.’ He argued they were only trying to raise money. ‘They take someone like myself who everybody knows and they trash Orrin Hatch and they raise a lot of money from conservatives all over the country who think what they’re saying is true.’ He concluded with a flourish, ‘they’re not people I have very much respect for. I don’t have any respect for them, in fact.’

“Van Susteren appeared perplexed at someone like Hatch receiving an attack from the right, though Sen. Hatch noted that he did, in fact, have Tea Party support. Freedomworks was a separate issue, a group who ‘have plush offices right down on Capitol Hill’ and are ‘in it for the money.’ ‘You can go down the list vote after vote after vote,’ he insisted, and find lies. As for Armey himself, Sen. Hatch was plain in his language. ‘I have no respect for Dick at this particular point,’ calling the group ‘radical libertarians’ but noting that ‘I’m libertarian in a lot of ways. But I’m not a radical.’”

***

“Some of Hatch’s attacks have been aimed directly at FreedomWorks, the grassroots group I’m the president of, which he insults as being ‘run by two libertarians who don’t really believe in the Republican Party.’ I’ve been called far worse than ‘libertarian,’ and I know FreedomWorks Chairman Dick Armey has too. It happens when you come from the Republican wing of the Republican Party. And we can take it.

“But when the senator turns his fire on his own constituents, everyday Americans who are disappointed in their elected official’s record, he’s gone too far.

“‘Some of their disciples here who are Utahn say they’re not Republicans but they are going to take over the Republican Party,’ Hatch has said. ‘We don’t want radicals to take over our party.’ Radicals? Isn’t that what Nancy Pelosi and President Obama call us?”

***

“There was a time when the tea party represented a hope for conservatives and for America. The tea party started out as a grassroots reaction to the liberalism of the new administration in Washington and its overreaching programs. The new movement focused on the bailout, cap-and-trade and Obamacare. Across the country, there was a kind of awakening among those who had been disconnected from the political process.

“Unfortunately, there were so many new volunteers, they burst the old pathways of activism, spreading in all directions. Existing conservative groups simply couldn’t organize them quickly enough and, without a leadership to provide focus, dozens of local warlords — each with his or her view of the world — began to call the shots.

“In place of the old Reagan coalition, we now have many tribes. The chiefs of these tribes do not have much political experience. Many didn’t even bother to vote before 2009 and most will tell you that they ‘woke up’ only after the election of President Obama. They don’t understand that democracy — especially representative democracy — requires patience and compromise. That’s the way a republic works.”

***

“Viewed broadly, it appears that the tea party may well be a victim of its own success. In 2010, it proved its powers — beating establishment-backed candidates in Senate races in Delaware, Colorado, Florida, Utah and Alaska to name a few. The result? Candidates are far more wary of crossing the tea party this time around, moving to embrace it rather than stare it down.

“‘The reason for the appearance of less tea party success is that the establishment candidates have moved markedly to the right this cycle,’ Lerner said. ‘As the establishment candidates have moved to the right, there is less of a gap for tea party candidates to exploit.’…

“The question then is what the tea party does for an encore. Having moved the GOP — and the broader debate on fiscal issues — further to the ideological right, does it re-incorporate itself into the Republican Party? Disappear entirely? Or find another cause such as fiscal austerity around which to rally?”

***

Via NBC/WSJ.

***

“A lot of Republicans in Congress want to cooperate, they know better, but they are in the thralls of this reign of terror from the far right that has dragged this party to the right.”

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7 9

Bait

cozmo on April 22, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Ok that comment is a +3. You now are in the lead by +2.

SparkPlug on April 22, 2012 at 11:02 PM

That’s cozmo’s shark.

I want something more bad a**.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM

bluegill on April 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Go away, no one want to talk about Gov. Palin. If you want to whine about her go the the headlines, she has an article.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM

The Establishment will meet it’s end when Mitt loses.

It has run it’s course but it is now time that people actually decide. Either be a Democrat or a Republican but totally. Not this wide open Republican Party that constantly has Candidates shoved down the majority of the parties throats. Candidates we hate like Mitt Romney.

Steveangell on April 22, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Michelle Malkin
bluegill on April 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I hope you realize that HA was started by Michelle. And both Allah and Ed are still very fond of her.

Keep it up you are doing a great job of alienating yourself.

upinak on April 22, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Schadenfreude, No not napping. But I sure could use one. ; )
bazil9, congrats on pulling the trigger on that new Jeep. I knew you would. ; )
angrymike I need a ride, what are you super sporting my friend. ; )
RedCrow, the interveiw didn’t go as well as I had hoped. No glorious hammer for me to swing. : (

As far as commenting at TownHall. No, I would never get any commenting done for having to walk folks to the dang door. If this place ever gets like that, trust me I’ll show myself to the door.

Two versions, Feedback always appreciated.

TeaPartay 1

TeaPartay 2

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 11:16 PM

upinak on April 22, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I’m too cheap to be buried.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Now added to a list of things that once seen cannot be unseen. You really should have put a warning on that flippant *google it*.

Fallon on April 22, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 11:13 PM

My apologies to you both. I’ll not do it again…’til next time. *heh, heh*

predator on April 22, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I’m too cheap to be buried.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Yeah, me too… but they can’t say I can’t be buried on my own private land in Alaska!

upinak on April 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Michelle Malkin (who embarrassingly supported the unelectable Rick Santorum, of all people, in the primary) needs to quit acting like she speaks for conservative grassroots activists and the Tea Party. She doesn’t.
bluegill on April 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Where have you been?

Hot Air…….is Michelle Malkin..

Tea Party loves Michelle….
Not Moochelle.

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM

You’re the type of person that would have a black tie dinner and them serve BBQ.

RickB on April 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Don’t forget tuxedo crawfish boil.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM

What, something that has been dead for tens of thousands of years?

cozmo on April 22, 2012 at 11:18 PM

8:00, gee Allah could you make it any more obvious as to what your doing this cold Sunday evening. Good luck, stay warm ; ) Global Warming sucks! Most y’all know where I am. 36 freakin degrees tonight. Burrrrrrrr…………

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM
Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM

is bluegill new? I don’t remember anyone being this stupid is a long time.

upinak on April 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I’m too cheap to be buried.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 11:16 PM

if husband doesn’t start giving me some ‘instructions’ about what he want done, I’ll donate his body to medical research.
*Actually-I’ve been told to dump him in the woods. Wrong*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM

36 freakin degrees tonight. Burrrrrrrr…………

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM

umm that is warm!

upinak on April 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 11:16 PM

There you are! Damm! And I’ve gotta hit the rack! Work tomorrow. Have a good one, my bro. And to the rest of the crew. Until we meet again.

‘Night.

predator on April 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM

upinak on April 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Cool! And now that we are truly off the beaten trail, you can order you casket on line or go to Costco/Sam’s and apparently save two thirds the cost.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Who was it that was pining for a troll?

cozmo on April 22, 2012 at 11:20 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Wish I could donate… they won’t ship a body unless it has been embalmed, and I really don’t want to be. I don’t see the point of embalming when all I want is to be buried right after I die.

upinak on April 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I’m too cheap to be buried.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 11:16 PM

But I know what the music will be.

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I’m no longer a Malkin fan(haven’t been for a few years now)-for different reasons than bluegill.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Now, you can all sleep soundly tonight as Homeland Security has made the country safer for us all.

Laura in Maryland on April 22, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Well, on that note and the realization that the tide must have come in, ‘night all.

Twerp, I believe you summoned a troll and it is now here. Have fun!

Fallon on April 22, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Nope I want a VERY simple pine casket.. like the old west used. There are monks who make them… not to expensive but the shipping is going to kill me.

upinak on April 22, 2012 at 11:22 PM

umm that is warm!

upinak on April 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Yeah up in Ak maybe. I’m in Ga. Brrrr……

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Good Night predator, Sleep Easy.

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Uh oh, it looks like the True Conservatives™ will soon be calling for Perry’s head now. Perry has committed an unforgivable act of RINOism!

Blasphemous RINO Rick Perry is obviously nothing more than a socialist in conservative clothing, I guess.

bluegill on April 22, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Yeah up in Ak maybe. I’m in Ga. Brrrr……

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Suck it up butter cup. At least it isn’t -30.

upinak on April 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I would like to know why…

Just a hint…..

I think I know why…

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

williamg on April 22, 2012 at 11:03 PM

…oh!…see!…some one just puked dog!

KOOLAID2 on April 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

What!!!!???????

Oh wait……

I understand….

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 11:01 PM

NO…that’s not what I was doing.
As Freud said, sometimes a rinse cycle is just a rinse cycle.

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

bluegill on April 22, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Woof! Woof!

cozmo on April 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Did I just get a whiff of rotting fish? gilled one?

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

bluegill on April 22, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I’m still a huge Perry supporter-I just think that he should’ve endorsed Cruz.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Suck it up butter cup. At least it isn’t -30.

upinak on April 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Summertime I see. Maybe I won’t ever get up that way after all. ; )

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Let’s don’t burn the barn down to get rid of the rats.

No better way and no better description. The Tea Party has just begun to fight. We’re just holding our cards close to the chest.

ronsfi on April 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM

My kids are going to play this song at my funeral, Dirt by Phish.

Fallon on April 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM

My two burial songs:

First.

Final.

Now good night.

predator on April 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I wish I could remember the exact quote but I think Erma Bombeck was going to get a one way bus ticket to Dayton.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

AZ
You able to lose the blue people? I saw the comment about speed. Good! I was hoping it would work for you. Much nicer.

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

It’s been a few years-so it WASN’T over her trashing of Perry. I honestly can’t tell you the exact post where-to me-she jumped the shark. There was just a point a few years ago where it seemed to me that Malkin stopped being a reasoned conservative and instead joined the shrill, reactionary, immune-to-reason far far righties. I call them the Tancrazy’ wing of the GOP.
*shrugs*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

bluegill on April 22, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Yes but what did you do to celebrate Earth Day.

RickB on April 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Keep it up you are doing a great job of alienating yourself.

upinak on April 22, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I have read Michelle Malkin’s own blog since the beginning, and have read HotAir since the week it opened (with Preston, the weekly Vents with “what’s on the frontburner today…”) and am familiar with Malkin’s work. I used to love catching her guest-hosting of O’Reilly Factor every week.

I still love reading HotAir, of course. Let’s face it, few bloggers are as solid and consistently good as AP and Ed Morrissey, even if we don’t always agree with them 100%. Malkin, on the other hand, has almost become unreadable for me. I think she has been the one who has alienated herself with the whole “no candidate is good enough or enough of a true conservative!” routine. She’s skilled at what she does, no doubt, but I think she contributes to the problem in our politics almost as much as she does good.

bluegill on April 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM

As Freud said, sometimes a rinse cycle is just a rinse cycle.

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

LOL…

Rinse cycle…..
When my wife was doing the rinse….
She kept the lid open and force feed more water…..
She believed that the machine didn’t know the proper water level…
Guess what…..

I am now force feeding water into that damn machine….

For the wife…and laundry…

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Oh yes!!! Good memory. I have no idea how we got on this morbid subject.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Two versions, Feedback always appreciated.

TeaPartay 1
TeaPartay 2

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Well, dare to dream, my friend. (You still got us to kick around.)
As for the videos, I only looked at 1. Me likey the chickies. Of course, the music was dreadful, the lyrics tiresome, and the humor trite. (All told, I’d give it a 6/10. Lol.)

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 11:16 PM

High Tea in the Parlor: priceless!

Laura in Maryland on April 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM

bluegill on April 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Oh wait, you actually thought I cared about what you were thinking about concerning Michelle?

You were wrong. I also don’t appreciate being told I have to “vote” for Romney…. he isn’t who I wanted to begin with.

How about you go shrill someone and somewhere else. You are boring me.

upinak on April 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

bluegill on April 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM

………ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ….fish smell!!!!!

KOOLAID2 on April 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I am now force feeding water into that damn machine….

For the wife…and laundry…

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Smart lady you married.
She knows the Japanese do it in metric!

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 11:33 PM

predator on April 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

At my memorial service everyone’s gonna wear jeans and baseball shirts/caps and dance in the aisles to 80′s music. The last song will be ‘Dying Cub Fan’s Last Request’.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 11:33 PM

VorDaj on April 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I read that earlier, but they gave them food and drink. I though all that stuff was verboten.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 11:33 PM

How about you go shrill someone and somewhere else. You are boring me.

upinak on April 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

You know you just gave her what she craves don’t you.

cozmo on April 22, 2012 at 11:34 PM

bluegill on April 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Yup, you’re a hundred and eleventy percent correct. You ought to boycott Hot Air. That would really teach her and us a lesson.

Laura in Maryland on April 22, 2012 at 11:34 PM

bluegill on April 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I’m gonna regret saying this-but I agree with your take on Malkin.
*sigh*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 11:35 PM

You know you just gave her what she craves don’t you.

cozmo on April 22, 2012 at 11:34 PM

a nice hot cup of STFU shrill would be perfect at the moment.

upinak on April 22, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Vancouver Canucks just lost at home to get Fired from the Stanley Cup Playoffs in the first round. They lost to the Bruins in the Fianls last year.

Meanwhile the Bruins won in OT to force a Game 7 in Boston.

Last year the B’s won all their Playoff Game 7′s

Del Dolemonte on April 22, 2012 at 11:35 PM

*shrugs*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I respect your position…

There is nothing more to say…..

Still love ya…on our side…

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Speaking of burial tune. Though maybe not for those without sins.

galtani on April 22, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Laura in Maryland on April 22, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I don’t have to boycott HA too-do I?

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Laura in Maryland on April 22, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I concur!

upinak on April 22, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Recently two Muslim men were accused in a British court of abducting two teen age girls and repeatedly raping them and then passing them around to their friends. In their defense they claimed that the girls enjoyed it and that they were entitled by their culture to rape non-Muslims especially during Eid celebrations.

These men looked like they could have been Obama’s sons.

VorDaj on April 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Similarly, several (four, I think) arab teens who play(ed) for a Dearbnorn, Mi high school football team just had their charges dismissed after gang-beating a quarterback from another team during a game. (Yes–they all jumped on him at once, and it was not during the “heat” of game-play.)

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Where have you been?

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Change of residence.

Only got internet service a couple of days ago, but had trouble with my computer’s “networking” hardware.
Got it ironed out, though (I think).

listens2glenn on April 22, 2012 at 11:37 PM

The strict ideological purity tests have got to go.

bluegill on April 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM

So basically what you’re saying is that Michelle doesn’t meet your strict ideological purity test and has got to go?

FloatingRock on April 22, 2012 at 11:38 PM

36 freakin degrees tonight. Burrrrrrrr…………

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM

…same thing for me and RedCrow …but we’re in Michigan!…time to get under the blankets while you waste your time fishing!

KOOLAID2 on April 22, 2012 at 11:40 PM

36 freakin degrees tonight. Burrrrrrrr…………

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 22, 2012 at 11:40 PM

that is flip flops and t-shirt weather!

upinak on April 22, 2012 at 11:41 PM

The strict ideological purity tests have got to go.

bluegill on April 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM

There is no strict ideological purity, different things are important to different people and it doesn’t make anyone wrong.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I don’t have to boycott HA too-do I?

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Just caught the tail-end of your conversation and I totally see where you’re coming from. MM has become a strict incendiary watch-dog (and only B Bozell is more specific in his targets).

I don’t have a problem with them, personally. And, I don’t think that MM really does damage to our side. But, I could see how someone could think that.

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 11:43 PM

listens2glenn on April 22, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Moving is the worst but I hope you will be happy in your new place. Plus get your buttski back here.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 11:43 PM

The Republican Party establishment has withstood the tea-party revolution…

That’s unfortunate.

BoxHead1 on April 22, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Sixty-two in Jacksonville, FL

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 11:46 PM

FloatingRock on April 22, 2012 at 11:38 PM

We shouldn’t turn our backs on someone or demonize them simply because we agree with them only 85% of the time rather than 100%.

Malkin’s tone is also an issue.

Take a look at Reason.tv. Their reporters and contributors consistently impress me. The site informs viewers/readers with intelligent analysis using a professional, mature tone. Maybe there have been some over-the-top things on Reason.tv that I’ve missed, but I feel like it’s a source that better represents values shared by many Tea Party suporters.

bluegill on April 22, 2012 at 11:47 PM

James Hohmann

Yes those Elites have won the first round. We are 3. When did the R Party start? Around the same time the Whigs died off. Hmmmm…. You might want to hope we decide to stay in the GOP.

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 11:48 PM

BoxHead1 on April 22, 2012 at 11:43 PM

So true, but hopefully not for much longer.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 11:48 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 22, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Yeah–I’m lovin’ the weather. (Wasn’t pleasant last night at the Tiger game (Sat.), but…)

I kinda like it cold when I sleep, so I can huddle under the blankets. (May be a childhood thing, dunno.) Always wake up refreshed.

To the contrary, Michigan summers are kinda hot (not to you southerners), but we have AMAZING humidity. Sleep is almost impossible for me when I’m all wet! (Nothin’ like walking out of the house dry as a cracker, and soaking your shirt in ten minutes.)

Give me dry and hot every time.

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 11:48 PM

The Republican Party establishment has withstood the tea-party revolution…

That’s unfortunate.

BoxHead1 on April 22, 2012 at 11:43 PM

That is a HOPE not a “Headline” —– it follows the Media Rules That Say: “WRITE the News that YOU WANT to Read…….worry about supporting facts LATER. The WORLD will adjust to YOUR “headline”.”

williamg on April 22, 2012 at 11:49 PM

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I don’t think she does damage-but she doesn’t help either.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 11:49 PM

bluegill on April 22, 2012 at 11:47 PM

No. I’ve never seen anything over-the-top at Reason.
(No sarc.)

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 11:51 PM

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 11:48 PM

We went to Houston last summer. It felt like Chicago-by-the-sea…if Chicago was 110 in the shade.
I’ll keep Lubbock’s heat.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Texas Gov. Rick Perry

How we doin Rick? Oh, to bad you didn’t make it./

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 11:52 PM

bluegill on April 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM

The root cause is something else…
Though not too skilled….
Just fumbling along…with TOTUS…

And then there is the alphabet media…

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 11:52 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Same here.

Rusty Allen on April 22, 2012 at 11:53 PM

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 11:48 PM

That’s why God made air conditioning.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 11:53 PM

What these articles fail to mention is that many of the tea party hopefuls( not all but many) won their primaries on the strength of a Palin endorsement. This is also true of many establishment picks who survived tea party challenges like Kelly Ayotte. With Palin not endorsing so far in this cycle, the tea party has not made any advance. Simple as that. When she starts endorsing, things will being moving and voila, tea party will be alive again.

promachus on April 22, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I also see I got back just in time to catch YOU perpetrating BLASPHEMY ! !

(shaking head in disbelief)

listens2glenn on April 22, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Bracing for another hit in the stock market in the morning with Sarkozy losing the first round of the French presidential election.

galtani on April 22, 2012 at 11:54 PM

bluegill loves those inside voices.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Fox Philly, I guess.

Work it baby. Short of term limits, its the long haul way. Not today maybe, but there is always tomorrow. Besides its fun!

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Michelle Malkin Boss Emeritus

Yep.

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 11:56 PM

listens2glenn on April 22, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 11:43 PM

We like our new place, but moving sure does “severely vacuum”.

And we’re not done, yet.

listens2glenn on April 22, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 11:48 PM

We are 3. young.

FIFY

PS–Sorry about the strike-through and the “FIFY”–I hate that shit. (We always hurt the ones we love. :) )

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Frances Martel

Hatch is right and then he is wrong and too long. Freedomworks while not TP is trying to become the face of TP. Won’t work, but we still appreciate you helping out against Hatch.

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 11:59 PM

(shaking head in disbelief)

listens2glenn on April 22, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Please….L2G…
I want to hear your take on this.

I understand where Twerp is coming from….
But I also understand that if I was in Malkin shoes…

I would have a huge learning curve…and may not get it right…from time-to-time……

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 11:59 PM

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 11:48 PM

I’ll keep Lubbock’s heat.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 11:51 PM

But will you keep Lubbock’s tornadoes?

I hear they’re “in bloom” this time of year.

listens2glenn on April 22, 2012 at 11:59 PM

And we’re not done, yet.

listens2glenn on April 22, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Well looky here. Thought you were either lost in one of the multiple bannings that occurred or………….Say, what do like as your funeral song ; )

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I’ll keep Lubbock’s heat.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 11:51 PM

That’s why God made air conditioning.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Lol. Cindy…I’m kind of a big fella at 6’1″ 200lbs., so the humidity is what gets me. (Hell–I was a “sweater” when I was a skinny little kid!)

I deal with the humidity, but if I could choose–100F and 30% humidity, or 90F and 70% humidity (aka Michigan), I’d take the former–ALWAYS!

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I would have a huge learning curve…and may not get it right…from time-to-time……

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 11:59 PM

If it wasn’t for Michelle… no one would be here. Think of it that way.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Matt Kibbe

What can you do about all the spamming Freedomworks does? Otherwise I like you only slightly more than Armey. I’m all for smaller government. I am against you and Dick trying to become owners of the TP movement. You will only succeed at pushing us farther away.

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Also, since I was talking about weather (and thus I’m on-topic), we in MI didn’t really have a winter this year. I shovelled twice!!

(That ain’t crap for MI.)

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 12:07 AM

RedCrow on April 23, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I had over 11 ft, don’t whine.

upinak on April 23, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I understand where Twerp is coming from….
But I also understand that if I was in Malkin shoes…

I would have a huge learning curve…and may not get it right…from time-to-time……

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Michelle Malkin is genuinely conservative, whether we agree with her on everything or not.
No reason to lose respect for her.

She’s still a great conservative voice within the dominant “media culture”.

But, I still love ‘Twerp. : )

listens2glenn on April 23, 2012 at 12:08 AM