Quotes of the day

posted at 8:00 pm on April 22, 2012 by Allahpundit

“The Republican Party establishment has withstood the tea-party revolution…

“While tea-party activists have won county chairmanships and seats on state central committees, few (if any) activists have clinched slots on the Republican Party’s 168-member governing committee. That’s not to say that tea-partiers have disappeared or that they won’t get their moment in the sun — but it may take years for them to climb the party ladder the same way as everyone else…

“Many Republicans here said that tea-party activists now understand that things will run more smoothly if those with experience are in charge rather than those who put a premium on ideology over process…

“‘We’ve all been through it. We just got there before they did,’ Crocker added. ‘It’s just learning that everybody who is in government is not evil, that we’ve got some really good people in government. Let’s don’t burn the barn down to get rid of the rats. Number two, there’s a way to get things done and a way where you can work hard and not get anything done.’”

***

“Texas Gov. Rick Perry this morning endorsed David Dewhurst for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by retiring Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison…

“‘David’s been a loyal supporter of mine, and I, in turn, am a loyal supporter of him and his task to become the next United States senator,” Perry told Dallas TV station KTVT.

“Perry’s endorsement — while not surprising — is a blow to the campaigns of [Ted] Cruz and James, who have been portraying themselves as the true conservative in the race and have knocked Dewhurst for being too moderate.”

***

“The activists working to oust centrist Republicans are often lumped together under the Tea Party heading, but in addition to scrappy protesters, they include such well-funded groups as FreedomWorks and the Club for Growth. This year, these groups are playing a more prominent role than the raucous Tea Party rallies prevalent in 2010.

“Leaders of the movement say that does not mean its influence is fading. ‘In 2009 and 2010, the effective thing to do was to vocally and publicly show your outrage through protest,’ according to Jenny Beth Martin, national coordinator of the Tea Party Patriots. ‘In the past year, a lot of groups have taken a step back and learned how to work the system.’”

***

The tea party isn’t dead. It’s just looking down ballot. While fiscal conservatives remain split over the GOP presidential candidates, grassroots activists are coalescing around a stellar slate of limited-government candidates looking to reinforce and reenergize the right in Washington.

“And in the spirit of the modern-day tea party movement, no entrenched incumbent — Democrat or Republican — is safe…

“The 36-year, six-term [Orrin] Hatch was first elected in 1976 on an anti-entrenched incumbent platform. Hatch’s campaign line then against his opponent Frank Moss: ‘What do you call a Senator who’s served in office for 18 years? You call him home.’ Now, Hatch is clinging to power after almost four decades in government — and vainly attempting to claim the tea party mantle to stave off Liljenquist’s David vs. Goliath primary challenge…

“It’s time for Orrin Hatch to go.”

***

“‘Freedomworks, the group of Dick Armey, is gunning for you,’ Van Susteren informed Sen. Hatch, who seemed to mind only what he insisted were lies from the group. ‘They take a few dozen of my votes out of the better of 12,000 votes that I’ve cast, distort those votes and lie about them, direct lie about them.’ He argued they were only trying to raise money. ‘They take someone like myself who everybody knows and they trash Orrin Hatch and they raise a lot of money from conservatives all over the country who think what they’re saying is true.’ He concluded with a flourish, ‘they’re not people I have very much respect for. I don’t have any respect for them, in fact.’

“Van Susteren appeared perplexed at someone like Hatch receiving an attack from the right, though Sen. Hatch noted that he did, in fact, have Tea Party support. Freedomworks was a separate issue, a group who ‘have plush offices right down on Capitol Hill’ and are ‘in it for the money.’ ‘You can go down the list vote after vote after vote,’ he insisted, and find lies. As for Armey himself, Sen. Hatch was plain in his language. ‘I have no respect for Dick at this particular point,’ calling the group ‘radical libertarians’ but noting that ‘I’m libertarian in a lot of ways. But I’m not a radical.’”

***

“Some of Hatch’s attacks have been aimed directly at FreedomWorks, the grassroots group I’m the president of, which he insults as being ‘run by two libertarians who don’t really believe in the Republican Party.’ I’ve been called far worse than ‘libertarian,’ and I know FreedomWorks Chairman Dick Armey has too. It happens when you come from the Republican wing of the Republican Party. And we can take it.

“But when the senator turns his fire on his own constituents, everyday Americans who are disappointed in their elected official’s record, he’s gone too far.

“‘Some of their disciples here who are Utahn say they’re not Republicans but they are going to take over the Republican Party,’ Hatch has said. ‘We don’t want radicals to take over our party.’ Radicals? Isn’t that what Nancy Pelosi and President Obama call us?”

***

“There was a time when the tea party represented a hope for conservatives and for America. The tea party started out as a grassroots reaction to the liberalism of the new administration in Washington and its overreaching programs. The new movement focused on the bailout, cap-and-trade and Obamacare. Across the country, there was a kind of awakening among those who had been disconnected from the political process.

“Unfortunately, there were so many new volunteers, they burst the old pathways of activism, spreading in all directions. Existing conservative groups simply couldn’t organize them quickly enough and, without a leadership to provide focus, dozens of local warlords — each with his or her view of the world — began to call the shots.

“In place of the old Reagan coalition, we now have many tribes. The chiefs of these tribes do not have much political experience. Many didn’t even bother to vote before 2009 and most will tell you that they ‘woke up’ only after the election of President Obama. They don’t understand that democracy — especially representative democracy — requires patience and compromise. That’s the way a republic works.”

***

“Viewed broadly, it appears that the tea party may well be a victim of its own success. In 2010, it proved its powers — beating establishment-backed candidates in Senate races in Delaware, Colorado, Florida, Utah and Alaska to name a few. The result? Candidates are far more wary of crossing the tea party this time around, moving to embrace it rather than stare it down.

“‘The reason for the appearance of less tea party success is that the establishment candidates have moved markedly to the right this cycle,’ Lerner said. ‘As the establishment candidates have moved to the right, there is less of a gap for tea party candidates to exploit.’…

“The question then is what the tea party does for an encore. Having moved the GOP — and the broader debate on fiscal issues — further to the ideological right, does it re-incorporate itself into the Republican Party? Disappear entirely? Or find another cause such as fiscal austerity around which to rally?”

***

Via NBC/WSJ.

***

“A lot of Republicans in Congress want to cooperate, they know better, but they are in the thralls of this reign of terror from the far right that has dragged this party to the right.”

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 9

Red Crow
You had a very smart mother…………

angrymike on April 22, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Does anyone know a song I that can ‘dedicated’ to him?

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Gotcha covered, m’lady twerp.

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Does anyone know a song I that can ‘dedicated’ to him?

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Not my favorite by them, but it might fit?

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Perry can endorse Dewhurst, and I can enjoy my Ted Cruz for Senate sign.

jazzuscounty on April 22, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Townhall has a problem in the comments (which is mainly why I never look at them).

There are always some websites in China (or elsewhere) with nonsensical posts about cheap designer shoes and handbags.

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 8:40 PM

I flagged them from time to time, but I do not think those are as bad as the recurring spam about someone’s mother making $500 a hour sitting in front of the computer.

galtani on April 22, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Talking temps, it was in the 40′s here in northern Ohio…….;(

angrymike on April 22, 2012 at 9:42 PM

For instance, Harry Reid was a dead man walking.

Not true. Ever. Reid had a very powerful ally called “labor”.

Before the GOP primary, his reelect numbers were something like GWB’s when he left office. And we lost. In 2010. And it wasn’t close. Danny Tarkanian and Sue Lowden would have been fine.

How much help were all those GOPers who were constantly calling Sharron Angle an unelectable joke? Same with O’Donnell. Tarkanian might have been a good candidate, but he lost. Lowden would’ve had “chicken bartering” to deal with constantly.

The thing is, moderates and establishment fans could not have tolerated a Sharron Angle or O’Donnell victory. No. Way. That would’ve put the TP’s power at very very dangerous levels.

What I am not in favor of is November suicide runs just to make a point in the primary.

The Count on April 22, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Neither am I, which is why I’ve always been against a Romney candidacy. Now, there won’t be any Tea Party to blame when he loses, except to blame it for not having any energy.

ddrintn on April 22, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I was being funny. Heck I haven’t even told my wife.

If you think about Coz, then what would there be for a last name?

cozmo on April 22, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Kramer.

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I’m good at cooking and laundry. I love to eat, so cooking is a natural. And laundry can be done while you do other things. I mean, nowadays it’s automated, other than loading washer and dryer. I washed one load and dried another while I golfed. It’s not like I’m standing over an old ringer washer then hanging them on the line.

But I suck at housework. This place is a dump.

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:26 PM

That’s pretty much my attitude toward laundry as well. And we have an automatic dishwasher, so the same applies. But as for the rest — vacuuming, dusting, etc., — it’s pretty simple but labor-intensive and IMO boring as hell.

I told the hubby before we got married that I was very, very far from the obsessive housekeeping type; I’d do my part to keep a neat home, but just because I had to do it doesn’t mean I had to like it. And I despised doing it when I was a young married woman. Now that I’m older, I’ve become at peace with it. :)

PatriotGal2257 on April 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Oooohh….!!!
What kind of wood work you do??

I have a wood working shop……
I need to do more of that…relaxing…..

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I’ve built a fair amount of furniture for our house. Some from plans (Woodsmith entertainment center in Craftsman style), and some my own designs — Entry cabinet, Captain’s bed for our son, marble-topped end tables.

I’m currently working on a bedroom suite and working on the bed right now. It will have some Greene and Greene elements in it.

AZfederalist on April 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Red Crow
You had a very smart mother…………

angrymike on April 22, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Only in my late twenties did I think she could have planned it. But, I think you might be right.

On the plus side, like I said–I got to wear a lot of “holey” shirts. (What more could a boy want?)

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM

angrymike on April 22, 2012 at 9:40 PM

When Spawn moves down here late next month to attend TTU-and he will not only be expected to do his own laundry, he will also be charged rent. First thing on his ‘docket’ once he’s down here is to find a part-time job.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Talking temps, it was in the 40′s here in northern Ohio…….;(

angrymike on April 22, 2012 at 9:42 PM

WANT!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Perry’s endorsement of David Dewhurst has just sunk any chance Perry had
at getting re-elected Governor of Texas, much less another run at the White House.
Nice knowing you Rick.

redguy on April 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 8:54 PM
I saw that you commented the other day that you move every three years, is that to get a feel for the entire country?

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 8:58 PM

J is running from the FBI?

galtani on April 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Compared to the progressive – communist in the Congress who have dragged the country to far to the left? Basically Soros bought political influence by funding and donating to their campaigns, and the progressive -communist democrats sold it to him.

Dr Evil on April 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Talking temps, it was in the 40′s here in northern Ohio…….;(

angrymike on April 22, 2012 at 9:42 PM

High of 50F here in Detroit, but they said 48F last night during the Tigers’ game, and that was utter BUNK.

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM

This ‘reign of terror’ is based on SIMPLE MATH. Trillion dollar debts will simply destroy this country.

michaelo on April 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Speaking of Tea Partys,the Goons in Wisconsin
are on Parade,*Warning,,,Lefty Diatribe on Andrew
Breitbart*!!
————

Racist Hate From Liberal Teabagees in Wisconsin (language warning)
More documented hate filled rhetoric and vitriol from your everyday RACIST LIBERAL TEABAGGES!!

Added: 3 days ago Occurred On: Apr-19-2012
Hat Tip:rebelpundit
***********************************

canopfor on April 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Bazil9
you still with us? I was talking about what you said you’d do after we win the election, *snark alert *

angrymike on April 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Dang it,I’m still on page#2!

canopfor on April 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Kramer.

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM

That might be funny but I wouldn’t know. Another one of those pop culture experiences I missed out on. I took them at their word about what there show was about and decided living life was more important.

Did I really miss anything?

cozmo on April 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM

AZfederalist on April 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Ditto…on building furniture for the house.

Nightstands….headboards…dressers…..

Fun times.

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM

redguy on April 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I’m a Cruz supporter but still-WRONG.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I still do that. Especially t-shirts. I wear ‘em until they practically disintegrate.

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:48 PM

redguy on April 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Just the opposite I’m afraid.

cozmo on April 22, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Twerp
don’t forget car insurance, oh and it RAINED here to…………

angrymike on April 22, 2012 at 9:49 PM

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Jerry Seinfeld had a bit about men and underwear.
The gist was that we don’t replace it until it turns to dust.

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 9:50 PM

canopfor on April 22, 2012 at 8:58 PM
————————————–
You may be on to something…

Need more tinfoil..

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Electrongod:(Tinfoil)Lol,I hope HAARP,gets more funding!:)

canopfor on April 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Hmmmm
Where’s our good friend Bmore tonight, anyone know?

angrymike on April 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM

redguy on April 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I’m a Cruz supporter but still-WRONG.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I don’t know who I am going to vote for, but I am savoring the end of KBH, I wish Cornyn would join her.

Dr Evil on April 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Also, I still do it, too.
But, I have a little bit of judgement as to when to throw them into the “scrap bag”. (It’s questionable judgement, but…)

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I move about every 6 months Cindy, I’m trying hit all 57 states and I’m heading north to Montana to live in a loft above a stable at a really nice ranch at the end of May. I live and travel light, everything I own fits into the back of my Ranger.

I write in my diary every night and have no idea what to do with it.

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Did not see this reply.

Hey, see whether your diary is good enough like Kerouac’s On the Road.

Hey, by the way, do you like Milan Kundera? He is my very favorite writer. I am dismayed that he did not win the Nobel prize in Literature. But given the lefty leaning of the selection committee, alas, he never will.

galtani on April 22, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Redcrow, Pred: He doesn’t seem to get that the majority of the produce associates woud do the happy dance if he got canned. He won’t get canned because he’s been @ Wal-mart for 6 years and one of the co-mangers thinks that we’re wrongly complaining about a great associate. He can do crap that would get any other associate fired. We call it ‘(associates name) double-standard time’.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Hmmmm
Where’s our good friend Bmore tonight, anyone know?

angrymike on April 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Probably in moderation….

I mean…

With yesterday’s 20+ first posts in a row…..
The nerve of him..

Who does that?

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 9:53 PM

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Snow is okay if you don’t have to go anywhere but if it stays gray too long I get unhappy. I’ve only lived in Virginia and Florida.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Let’s don’t burn the barn down to get rid of the rats.

Nah, I’m pretty sure at this point that this is the only way we’re going to get all the rats.

Midas on April 22, 2012 at 9:54 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 9:30 PM

when CinC House and I got married 19 years ago
(where did the time go)
she saw how I did laundry … and I am only allowed
to take things out of the washer and put them
in the dryer .. take them out of the dry and
put them in a basket …
see I was in the navy .. put all the dirty clothes
in the washer .. blue .. white … didn’t matter
she said I am not allowed near her washer .. :D
now I do cook … put stuff in the dish washer ..
put stuff away and dust and run a vacuum …
I am well trained

conservative tarheel on April 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Jerry Seinfeld had a bit about men and underwear.
The gist was that we don’t replace it until it turns to dust.

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Yep. I’ve still got six pair of underwear I got for Christmas nearly ten years ago because the ones I’m wearing haven’t fallen off me yet.

Hey, I’m conserving.

Or something.

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Did I really miss anything?

cozmo on April 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM

It was the very first television show I watched when I came to America. I was hooked immediately. My father never allowed television when I was growing up since it was run by the Commies.

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Dr Evil on April 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM

ALyT would really like for you to consider Lubbock favorite Craig James. Especially since spawn will be attending TTU…Would that happen to be Tech? I thought you were beginning to fit in.

James (says) he is all for the TEA party. That actually got me to chuckle. A month ago he was saying he was the moderate business guy like Leppert.

cozmo on April 22, 2012 at 9:56 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Heh. That about sums up what my hubby’s like, and we’ve been married for going on 28 years.

There was one time he cooked a meal for the both of us all on his own, without any prompting or direction from me. I had just gotten laid off and I came home totally depressed. He told me to just go watch TV and he’d take care of dinner, which he did. He made the only three things he knew how — tuna croquets, mashed potatoes and rice. Yeah, it was on the starchy side, and the tuna croquets were a little crumbly, but I thought it was the sweetest gesture ever.

PatriotGal2257 on April 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I can believe that.
I worked for a “largish” company. They don’t know any of the “underlings”.

When I was laid off, I knew dozens of underqualified folks who got to keep their jobs making more than I was.

No surprise.

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 9:59 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 9:53 PM

We’ve a similar situation where I work. A complete, disorganized fruit-loop that is always gumming up the works for my department. *she’s in another* But they keep her because of attendance. She never misses work.

And I’m thinking, “OH, so you like it that she never misses a day of screwing things up.”

*scratches head*

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:59 PM

canopfor on April 22, 2012 at 9:18 PM
I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle of what AP has linked and Der Spiegel.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Cindy Munford:Yup,two years have gone by!:)

canopfor on April 22, 2012 at 9:59 PM

With yesterday’s 20+ first posts in a row…..
The nerve of him..

Who does that?

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Maybe he’s still soaking his hands in Epsom Salts or something. Those had to be some worn-out fingers.

predator on April 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM

conservative tarheel on April 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Husband’s a former Gyrene. We lived with his mother from January 2009 until we moved to TX last year. I’ll leave it @ that-I don’t separate my clothes either.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM

ardenenoch at 8:59pm: To illustrate your point with a really O/T example that is absolutely fascinating, try out this site. The work that went into creating it is mind-boggling.

This is very interesting. Puts the universe into perspective!

Just slowly slide the bar AT THE BOTTOM to the left or right. Be sure to go BOTH ways on the sliding scale…truly amazing.

onlineanalyst on April 22, 2012 at 10:01 PM

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Did you use it as an instruction manual on how to be an American?

I’m not sure what to make of that.

My neighbor’s dad escaped from Czechoslovakia and learned how to be an American by living with hippies. He’s kind of different.

cozmo on April 22, 2012 at 10:01 PM

In place of the old Reagan coalition, we now have many tribes.

That pretty much sums up my opinion of the Tea Party in 2012 (not the rest of the quote, just that line).

It seems like the message of “less government, less spending, more responsibility, more prosperity” has been lost in a sea of causes – some worthy, some not – attaching the Tea Party name to themselves.

Quantus on April 22, 2012 at 10:02 PM

“Van Susteren appeared perplexed at someone like Hatch receiving an attack from the right.

Van Susteren is a moderate Democrat who never has and never will really understand Tea Party. She’s a nice, smart lady, and I grant that she sometimes gets it right when she takes on some of the more egregious corruption in Congress, but she is not a conservative and her being perplexed isn’t any surprise.

Burke on April 22, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Later folks. I have to take an ironing break. :)

Have a great evening, and if I don’t get back tonight, I’ll be back tomorow.

PatriotGal2257 on April 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Management likes both me and my ‘buddy’-but for some reason they won’t come down on the idiot.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Heh. Ok. Embarrassment time for me…

I had a matress that had a spring coming up near the middle (where one’s butt would be.) (And, yeah, the other side had two.)

I’m single, and a bit of a restless sleeper, so I have underwear that have holes in them made by the spring.

Ouch! Yes, I made sure my tetanus shot was current. (Also, I finally broke down and bought another mattress.)

(Blush.)

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

canopfor on April 22, 2012 at 9:26 PM
—————————————

Yup. Knew it was hot, didn’t realize we hit 101. Funny thing, last week we barely hit the mid-60′s. It is a little early for this, but then last year (2010/2011) we had record cold in the winter.

Oh, and Federalist Jr. found the first rattlesnake of the season in the back yard last evening while mowing the lawn. Mr. Kimber and Mr. Shovel were called to duty.

AZfederalist on April 22, 2012 at 9:40 PM

AZfederalist:My Intell!:)
=========================

jeffbeamish tweeted:
*********************

#RecordHeat:

101° today in #Tucson breaks old record of 98° back on 4/22/1965. #AZwxStory

Submitted 1 hour ago from twitter.com/jeffbeamish

canopfor on April 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

-I don’t separate my clothes either.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Me neither. No colors run anymore these days. I separate only by stuff that is knit or business casual for work. Jeans, tees, socks, undies, et al. Throw it all in, and get it all done.

predator on April 22, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I don’t really understand the twitter thing but it looks like John Podhoretz has his azz on his shoulders at how much fun Mr. Treacher is having with the dog brouhaha.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Good evening all.

FINALLY got back on the internet, just in time to say goodbye to Tina, I notice . . . : (
Did I miss anything BIG?

listens2glenn on April 22, 2012 at 10:05 PM

PatriotGal2257 on April 22, 2012 at 9:57 PM

have shepards pie in the over right now …. ready for tomorrow …

conservative tarheel on April 22, 2012 at 10:05 PM

PatriotGal2257 on April 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

‘Night, PG2257.

predator on April 22, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I don’t separate my clothes either.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Lucky you…
My wife gave me that look….
When I threw it all in the washer…..

But when she is on the lawn tractor and is busy….

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 10:06 PM

(Also, I finally broke down and bought another mattress.)

(Blush.)

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Now mattresses I’m picky about. I like my sleep and naps. I never let a matty get old. *last one was a gift*

predator on April 22, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Dr Evil on April 22, 2012 at 9:51 PM

cozmo on April 22, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I have only recently caught the negative ad about Ted Cruz. There is a lot of Dewhurst is against Obamacare, but it’s just a ploy until he’s elected to the Senate, he’s backed by banks etc…

The Texas Insider Carney referred to Cruz’s website, where it is stated that Agenda 21 was crafted by Soros and others, and where the website specifically criticizes Agenda 21, stating ‘the originator of this grand scheme is George Soros, who candidly supports socialism.’

Dr Evil on April 22, 2012 at 10:07 PM

listens2glenn on April 22, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Where have you been?

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 10:07 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

*scratches head*

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Sorry for the old tune, but it seemed to kinda fit…

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Have a great evening, and if I don’t get back tonight, I’ll be back tomorow.

PatriotGal2257 on April 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Another day…:)
Take care.

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Hey, see whether your diary is good enough like Kerouac’s On the Road.

galtani on April 22, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I’ve read Kunder’s “The Book of Laughter and Forgetting”, it’s an amazing piece of literature. But I have never read “On the Road”.

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Ditto…on building furniture for the house.

Nightstands….headboards…dressers…..

Fun times.

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM

For my work, we do quite a few paper studies and some small amounts of hardware if things go far enough. It’s nice to be able to take something from start to completion on your own and do it your own way. Yeah, it’s relaxing and fun.

AZfederalist on April 22, 2012 at 10:07 PM

have shepards pie in the over right now …. ready for tomorrow …

conservative tarheel on April 22, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Loooooooove shepard’s pie. Haven’t had it in a while. And I’ve never made it myself. I should give it a shot.

predator on April 22, 2012 at 10:08 PM

onlineanalyst on April 22, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Your post confirms that I am justified in thinking that I am vastly superior to the Paramecium.

galtani on April 22, 2012 at 10:08 PM

PatriotGal2257 on April 22, 2012 at 10:03 PM

That sounds like fun. Have a great evening and few wrinkles.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 10:08 PM

predator on April 22, 2012 at 10:08 PM

so easy … yes you should ….

conservative tarheel on April 22, 2012 at 10:09 PM

-I don’t separate my clothes either.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM

predator on April 22, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Whites and colors. (Hey–am I racist???)
White underwear and athletic socks (all white for me) get a cup of bleach. Small load for me. Everything else can go in together. (See, I believe in diversity!)

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Music, I am a sucker for harmony.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM

predator on April 22, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I am using mashed taters tonite .. but have done it with eggplant as well …
sooo good …..

conservative tarheel on April 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM

cozmo on April 22, 2012 at 9:56 PM

*sharpens fangs*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM

predator on April 22, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Yeah…(blushes more)…I was short on cash.
I’m not cheap, but I know how to “stretch” a dollar.

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 10:11 PM

cozmo on April 22, 2012 at 9:56 PM

And quit callin’ me a Yankee. I’m a Midwesterner, dang it!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Electrongod
WOW, twenty in a row, I’m proud of him, what thread?

angrymike on April 22, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Music, I am a sucker for harmony.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Grew up on him. My dad was a big fan.
You wanted harmony?

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Electrongod
WOW, twenty in a row, I’m proud of him, what thread?

angrymike on April 22, 2012 at 10:12 PM

QOTD..yesterday..

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM

This one might work too.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Everything else can go in together. (See, I believe in diversity!)

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 10:09 PM

My clothes believe they belong together.

*Yep. I’m looking for any excuse to post a tune.* ;)

predator on April 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM

have shepards pie in the over right now …. ready for tomorrow …

conservative tarheel on April 22, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Would that be German Shepard Pie?

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Electrongod
WOW, twenty in a row, I’m proud of him, what thread?

angrymike on April 22, 2012 at 10:12 PM

OK..
Not twenty…but darn close! :)

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Manwithnoparty
yep I fired my SS427Chevelle up today, sweet music to my ears………

angrymike on April 22, 2012 at 9:22 PM

angrymike:Sweet….L-88/L-89/ZL-1 Square-Port,or the new
one?!:)

canopfor on April 22, 2012 at 10:16 PM

*sharpens fangs*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Fish got fangs?

predator on April 22, 2012 at 10:16 PM

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Beatles more my era than Joel. That’s a nice song, I don’t think it got a lot of air time. I like Crosby Stills and Nash harmony also. I just wish they would shut up and sing.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM

*Yep. I’m looking for any excuse to post a tune.* ;)

predator on April 22, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Hey!–my favorite Pat Nebatar tune.
(A childhood friend called her that. Dyslexia?)

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Music, I am a sucker for harmony.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Excellent. I posted that a few weeks back when we were on an a capella kick.

predator on April 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Would that be German Shepard Pie?

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM

no that is what Obama is having ….

conservative tarheel on April 22, 2012 at 10:21 PM

And quit callin’ me a Yankee. I’m a Midwesterner, dang it!

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Are you from north of the Red River?

If the answer is yes, and we both know it is, you my dear lady are a yankee.

Fangs no longer scare me, I’m wearing my Nacona’s.

Dr Evil on April 22, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Take your pick, they are all an improvement over KBH. Even Craig.

cozmo on April 22, 2012 at 10:21 PM

It’s creepy when they speak about themselves in the third person, isn’t it?

Fallon on April 22, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Alrighty Peeps/PeepEttes I’m
hitt’n da road,

Nite all—————————————:)

canopfor on April 22, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Here is some good harmony for you.

Seven Bridges Road.

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Fish got fangs?

predator on April 22, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I haz a sad.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I just wish they would shut up and sing.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Heh! I’m a little young for CSN(Y)–Nobody’s too young for the Beatles.

One of my favorite (I think, semi-original) one-liners concerning CSNY was, whenever anyone mentioned them to me I’d tell them that I thought Neil Young ought to buy a comb and a toothbrush, and shut the F*** up!

A little crass, I warrant. (I was young then.) It got a lot of laughs, though. (I think I cheated off Eddie Murphy chastising Bill Cosby–which isn’t really anything to be proud of.)

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Canopfor
It’s a 69 L 68 with aluminum square ports, a nasty solid lifter cam, 4 speed with 4:11.
Gold with a black top and black buckets……… my baby…..

angrymike on April 22, 2012 at 10:24 PM

‘Night, Canopfor!

Fallon on April 22, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Are you from north of the Red River?

If the answer is yes, and we both know it is, you my dear lady are a yankee.

Fangs no longer scare me, I’m wearing my Nacona’s.

Dr Evil on April 22, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I guarantee you there are a lot of folks from downstate Indiana and Illinois who have heritage from Kentucky, Tennessee, Oklahoma, and North Carolina, to name a few, who would disagree. When it comes to being a Yankee, location is not the primary determiner.

predator on April 22, 2012 at 10:25 PM