Quotes of the day

posted at 8:00 pm on April 22, 2012 by Allahpundit

“The Republican Party establishment has withstood the tea-party revolution…

“While tea-party activists have won county chairmanships and seats on state central committees, few (if any) activists have clinched slots on the Republican Party’s 168-member governing committee. That’s not to say that tea-partiers have disappeared or that they won’t get their moment in the sun — but it may take years for them to climb the party ladder the same way as everyone else…

“Many Republicans here said that tea-party activists now understand that things will run more smoothly if those with experience are in charge rather than those who put a premium on ideology over process…

“‘We’ve all been through it. We just got there before they did,’ Crocker added. ‘It’s just learning that everybody who is in government is not evil, that we’ve got some really good people in government. Let’s don’t burn the barn down to get rid of the rats. Number two, there’s a way to get things done and a way where you can work hard and not get anything done.’”

***

“Texas Gov. Rick Perry this morning endorsed David Dewhurst for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by retiring Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison…

“‘David’s been a loyal supporter of mine, and I, in turn, am a loyal supporter of him and his task to become the next United States senator,” Perry told Dallas TV station KTVT.

“Perry’s endorsement — while not surprising — is a blow to the campaigns of [Ted] Cruz and James, who have been portraying themselves as the true conservative in the race and have knocked Dewhurst for being too moderate.”

***

“The activists working to oust centrist Republicans are often lumped together under the Tea Party heading, but in addition to scrappy protesters, they include such well-funded groups as FreedomWorks and the Club for Growth. This year, these groups are playing a more prominent role than the raucous Tea Party rallies prevalent in 2010.

“Leaders of the movement say that does not mean its influence is fading. ‘In 2009 and 2010, the effective thing to do was to vocally and publicly show your outrage through protest,’ according to Jenny Beth Martin, national coordinator of the Tea Party Patriots. ‘In the past year, a lot of groups have taken a step back and learned how to work the system.’”

***

The tea party isn’t dead. It’s just looking down ballot. While fiscal conservatives remain split over the GOP presidential candidates, grassroots activists are coalescing around a stellar slate of limited-government candidates looking to reinforce and reenergize the right in Washington.

“And in the spirit of the modern-day tea party movement, no entrenched incumbent — Democrat or Republican — is safe…

“The 36-year, six-term [Orrin] Hatch was first elected in 1976 on an anti-entrenched incumbent platform. Hatch’s campaign line then against his opponent Frank Moss: ‘What do you call a Senator who’s served in office for 18 years? You call him home.’ Now, Hatch is clinging to power after almost four decades in government — and vainly attempting to claim the tea party mantle to stave off Liljenquist’s David vs. Goliath primary challenge…

“It’s time for Orrin Hatch to go.”

***

“‘Freedomworks, the group of Dick Armey, is gunning for you,’ Van Susteren informed Sen. Hatch, who seemed to mind only what he insisted were lies from the group. ‘They take a few dozen of my votes out of the better of 12,000 votes that I’ve cast, distort those votes and lie about them, direct lie about them.’ He argued they were only trying to raise money. ‘They take someone like myself who everybody knows and they trash Orrin Hatch and they raise a lot of money from conservatives all over the country who think what they’re saying is true.’ He concluded with a flourish, ‘they’re not people I have very much respect for. I don’t have any respect for them, in fact.’

“Van Susteren appeared perplexed at someone like Hatch receiving an attack from the right, though Sen. Hatch noted that he did, in fact, have Tea Party support. Freedomworks was a separate issue, a group who ‘have plush offices right down on Capitol Hill’ and are ‘in it for the money.’ ‘You can go down the list vote after vote after vote,’ he insisted, and find lies. As for Armey himself, Sen. Hatch was plain in his language. ‘I have no respect for Dick at this particular point,’ calling the group ‘radical libertarians’ but noting that ‘I’m libertarian in a lot of ways. But I’m not a radical.’”

***

“Some of Hatch’s attacks have been aimed directly at FreedomWorks, the grassroots group I’m the president of, which he insults as being ‘run by two libertarians who don’t really believe in the Republican Party.’ I’ve been called far worse than ‘libertarian,’ and I know FreedomWorks Chairman Dick Armey has too. It happens when you come from the Republican wing of the Republican Party. And we can take it.

“But when the senator turns his fire on his own constituents, everyday Americans who are disappointed in their elected official’s record, he’s gone too far.

“‘Some of their disciples here who are Utahn say they’re not Republicans but they are going to take over the Republican Party,’ Hatch has said. ‘We don’t want radicals to take over our party.’ Radicals? Isn’t that what Nancy Pelosi and President Obama call us?”

***

“There was a time when the tea party represented a hope for conservatives and for America. The tea party started out as a grassroots reaction to the liberalism of the new administration in Washington and its overreaching programs. The new movement focused on the bailout, cap-and-trade and Obamacare. Across the country, there was a kind of awakening among those who had been disconnected from the political process.

“Unfortunately, there were so many new volunteers, they burst the old pathways of activism, spreading in all directions. Existing conservative groups simply couldn’t organize them quickly enough and, without a leadership to provide focus, dozens of local warlords — each with his or her view of the world — began to call the shots.

“In place of the old Reagan coalition, we now have many tribes. The chiefs of these tribes do not have much political experience. Many didn’t even bother to vote before 2009 and most will tell you that they ‘woke up’ only after the election of President Obama. They don’t understand that democracy — especially representative democracy — requires patience and compromise. That’s the way a republic works.”

***

“Viewed broadly, it appears that the tea party may well be a victim of its own success. In 2010, it proved its powers — beating establishment-backed candidates in Senate races in Delaware, Colorado, Florida, Utah and Alaska to name a few. The result? Candidates are far more wary of crossing the tea party this time around, moving to embrace it rather than stare it down.

“‘The reason for the appearance of less tea party success is that the establishment candidates have moved markedly to the right this cycle,’ Lerner said. ‘As the establishment candidates have moved to the right, there is less of a gap for tea party candidates to exploit.’…

“The question then is what the tea party does for an encore. Having moved the GOP — and the broader debate on fiscal issues — further to the ideological right, does it re-incorporate itself into the Republican Party? Disappear entirely? Or find another cause such as fiscal austerity around which to rally?”

***

Via NBC/WSJ.

***

“A lot of Republicans in Congress want to cooperate, they know better, but they are in the thralls of this reign of terror from the far right that has dragged this party to the right.”

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 9

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Oh, what did you buy?!?!?!?

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I also should have clarified: Townhall has a problem in the comments (which is mainly why I never look at them).

There are always some websites in China (or elsewhere) with nonsensical posts about cheap designer shoes and handbags.

I think it’s funny, but the faithful aren’t so gleeful about it.

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 8:40 PM

The chinese spam is the least of the problems in the comments. I don’t even bother reading them anymore. Clearly no banhammer has ever been near there.

katy the mean old lady on April 22, 2012 at 8:51 PM

That’s all you got? LOL

I can give you hundreds or TeaParty wins, from the Senate and the House! to all the wins in local elections.

We’re just getting started..:)

idesign on April 22, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Let’s put things in perspective. We’re probably mostly on the same page ideologically, but that doesn’t mean I should willingly go along on political kamikaze missions.

For instance, Harry Reid was a dead man walking. Before the GOP primary, his reelect numbers were something like GWB’s when he left office. And we lost. In 2010. And it wasn’t close. Danny Tarkanian and Sue Lowden would have been fine.

Delaware is Delaware, but for as much as Mike Castle sucks, he would have won, and we now have a bearded Marxist in his place. This is why you’ve seen Tea Party groups back off Scott Brown. How’s Senator Warren sound to you? Yeah…

I’m all for trading up where it strategically makes sense. Cruz in TX? Go for it. Mourdock in IN? Ok – that state is probably going red anyway. What I am not in favor of is November suicide runs just to make a point in the primary. We only needed one more senate seat to stop Obamacare. SCOTUS may yet bail us out, but we wouldn’t have had to worry if we only had one mealy-mouthed squish R from anywhere.

The Count on April 22, 2012 at 8:52 PM

A lot of people have no idea what Solyndra is, Cindy.

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 8:46 PM

or the GSA … or Fast and Furious … or ….

bw222 on April 22, 2012 at 8:49 PM

True,And why? We all know. It makes me sick.
I hope I see it change in my lifetime.

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I don’t care to be part of a local group that’s been taken over by a bunch of Jew-hating conspiracy loons. The leadership of the County GOP also has Ronbots and Birchers up the ying yang. I was very active in the Chicago TP-but I’m staying out of Lubbock politics until sane local conservatives take out the trash.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 8:40 PM

I’m a right-winger Israeli Jew who likes some of Ron Paul’s position, though not his foreign and immigration policy. That leaves me with the “conspiracy loon” part. In any case, there is no such thing as a “Tea Party takeover”. If you don’t like the local branch, organize your own. The name isn’t copyrighted, last time I checked.

Archivarix on April 22, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Representative democracy is to represent the will of the people. The House is the perfect place to do that as it shifts every 2 years… it is not about ‘compromise’ as the Framers made it so the works could be stopped up pretty easily. Government, especially federalist sorts, are meant to be at loggerheads with each other stuck in a stasis and unable to move easily or at all by the checks and balances system. Smoothness is not to happen in such a system, as government is seen as a necessary evil as man is fallen from grace.

There is no inherent good in government and the best it can yield is to protect society, treat all equally, and defend the Nation. That is IT.

When you get easy government, government that ‘must function’ over every little thing and compromise is praised over the virtue of steadfast morality of defending the rights of the people to do good… then you get a pure evil of government. Representative democracy in a federalist system is not made to work well, not made to work smoothly, is not made to be process oriented in its internal functions but to yield equality of process for all at the smallest size possible.

We don’t have that now.

This other way only leads to tyranny and poverty, both at the same time, throughout all of human history.

Screw the ‘we really must get some things done’ politicians and their leeches.

Slow up the works, shut down large sections of this government and demonstrate that government must LEAD THE WAY in cutting back in times of economic trouble and it must be THRIFTY as that is what is required of it. Teach the people not to depend on this bumbling tyrannical thing we call government. There is no good that government ‘should do’ and only a few things it ‘must do’. It is time to hack off the ‘should do’ and get back to ‘must do’ parts… and that means getting rid of the process politicians of BOTH PARTIES up and down the line, from bottom to top.

Every last one of them.

ajacksonian on April 22, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Thx Mr. Pred.

Good to know I’m not missing anything. I check what I can. Work to much.

Good to see you btw..

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Mr. Pred? Wow. The last time anyone called me Mr. anything it was a judge about to fine me for being…um…a little “rowdy.” ;)

But thanks.

Good to see you also. How ya been?

predator on April 22, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Oh, what did you buy?!?!?!?

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I would tell you Miss Cindy. But then the whole world will know.
Ask Meathead in ca..on FB..your hub is friends no?

Turst me..tis bad. LOL/ 2 reasons.

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I wonder what determines if it makes it to the blog? Number of comments in the headlines?
Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Good question. I was disappointed that no one wrote anything about the end of the space shuttles and the moving of Discovery this week.

A true end of America era.

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 8:54 PM

the 2012 election is going to solidify the role of the TeaParty in the events of the last 4 years. When all is said and done and someone has been cast upon the dustbin of history, it’ll be Tea Partiers hanging around, noses to the grindstone, and cleaning up the mess.

ted c on April 22, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Does anybody know how long it took the original Tea Party movement to accomplish the Am Rev..?

d1carter on April 22, 2012 at 8:57 PM

predator on April 22, 2012 at 8:54 PM

If you heard the “tone”..being funny with the Mr. (means I like you)

I am good. I think..:) Hope you are as well. Keep IL from getting the rap it does. ;)

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 8:57 PM

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 8:54 PM

That’s true. I saw that you commented the other day that you move every three years, is that to get a feel for the entire country? Are you going to write about it? I am truly fascinated.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I will say…
It got up to 85 today…

Yellow Jackets are mighty brave this year….

I had to carry a can of bee spray everywhere I went in my yard…

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Electrongod:I blame HAARP!(sarc):)

canopfor on April 22, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I’m a right-winger Israeli Jew

Archivarix on April 22, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Any way that you can think of where we swap all of our liberal American Jews for Israelis? Or, at least bring enough over here to talk smack sense into them?

The Count on April 22, 2012 at 8:59 PM

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Okay, I’ll ask him to ask him. What an odd sentence!

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 8:59 PM

If we had an objective media, they would be touting the Tea Party for what it truly is, the first internet driven, grassroots political movement.

Over the past 100 years, the government has gotten way too bloated, intrusive, and wasteful. But it’s happened gradually, and everyone has gradually gotten used to it. Now Obama has pushed things too far, and all the people who have spent the past 25 years listening to Rush Limbaugh and nodding their heads in agreement with him, now have a way to connect with each other and mobilize.

The internet is all about individualism. If you’re interested in knowing about the most obscure subject matter, chances are, there’s someone out there who is such an enthusiast about that particular subject matter, that they’ve devoted time and energy to creating a website for it, which serves as a Godsend for those who want to learn more about this subject matter.

So in both theory and practice, the internet is the enemy of Collectivists.

ardenenoch on April 22, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 8:27 PM

predator on April 22, 2012 at 8:29 PM

We’re waiting for the big snow that we’re apparently going to get in western PA through this evening into tomorrow, and maybe into Tuesday, which happens to be the PA Primary.

All the usual establishment pundits in the state are predicting a low turnout since Santorum suspended his campaign and the race has, as they put it, “now lacks interest.” His name will still be on the ballot, and I’m sure the fact that he suspended his campaign won’t stop people from voting for him.

PatriotGal2257 on April 22, 2012 at 9:00 PM

If you heard the “tone”..being funny with the Mr. (means I like you)

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Yeah, I know. And appreciate. Having some fun back at ya.

As for Illinois, I want to start a new state south of I-80, but that’s not likely.

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Archivarix on April 22, 2012 at 8:53 PM

How I feel..but I am not Jewish.
I am hoping Rand comes along in time. Without the total loon part.

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Sorry, Cin..didnt mean to be odd. You will laugh.

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 8:59 PM

I haven’t been around as much lately. How are the puppehz?

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:02 PM

katy the mean old lady on April 22, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Yeah. You’re right. I don’t read them anymore, either, but I am predisposed to laughing when I’m offended, so…

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 9:03 PM

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Dude, your talking to someone that thinks FL should be split by 3′s. N,Central,South. :)

Good luck..routing for you.

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 9:03 PM

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 9:02 PM

It’s not odd, I understand (but don’t practice) not putting a lot about yourself on the internet.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 9:04 PM

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:02 PM

They are excellent, thanks for asking. I’ve been a bit intermittent myself, I’ve been filling in at my old old job.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Good luck..routing for you.

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 9:03 PM

We actually had two state reps from the Decatur area that submitted a bill somewhat to that effect. It would have made Cook County it’s own state. But Chicago dominates the legislature, so it went nowhere.

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Because a libertarian would do the bidding of the RIAA and MPAA.

uh-huh.

AZfederalist on April 22, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Which I admire you for..some people just freak me out. I just wrote meathead..told him to answer an odd question. :)

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 9:07 PM

The Count on April 22, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Israeli liberals are to Hollywood and Manhattan crowd is what Obama and Pelosi are to moderate Blue Dogs. You don’t want that crowd anywhere near your voting booth – or your time belt.

Archivarix on April 22, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Electrongod:I blame HAARP!(sarc):)

canopfor on April 22, 2012 at 8:58 PM

You may be on to something…

Need more tinfoil..

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 9:08 PM

My wife has had to mow the lawn twice a week…for the last two weeks.

*Not that I don’t mow….just that she likes to:) *

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I’d much rather be outside on a beautiful sunny day (or even if it’s overcast) mowing the lawn than in the house dusting or folding laundry.

I think the hubby has reconciled himself with that fact, because he no longer says to himself “I should be out there doing that.” Now if I could only get him to fold the laundry. Hey, as long as he’s inside … :)

PatriotGal2257 on April 22, 2012 at 9:08 PM

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Does he go by meathead on FB?

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 9:09 PM

But Chicago dominates the legislature, so it went nowhere.

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:05 PM

But ..of course.

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Senator Hatch could you pick up the red courtesy phone? Arlen Specter is on the line……

Dr Evil on April 22, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I move about every 6 months Cindy, I’m trying hit all 57 states and I’m heading north to Montana to live in a loft above a stable at a really nice ranch at the end of May. I live and travel light, everything I own fits into the back of my Ranger.

I write in my diary every night and have no idea what to do with it.

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 9:10 PM

PatriotGal2257 on April 22, 2012 at 9:08 PM

I folded laundry today…while I watched the final round of The Texas Open. :)

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Does he go by meathead on FB?

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 9:09 PM

I think so..meatheadinca. My bro. thought I heard your husband was on Harp.

Oh hell..rhymes with peep (the car)

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 9:12 PM

PatriotGal2257 on April 22, 2012 at 9:08 PM

I did the laundry today….

I need take lessons from your husband..:)

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I write in my diary every night and have no idea what to do with it.

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Dude, right a book about it. Your perspective of what you’ve seen here compared to where you came from would be interesting as hell, I think.

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I hope everybody celebrated Earth Day by burning a tree.

RickB on April 22, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Close. I took the ’72 442 Convertible out for a long run and burned up a tank of primo at about 10 mpg…..that 455 is a lot of engine let loose! For all those who chose to conserve today so that I might glutton out, my thanks….

ManWithNoParty on April 22, 2012 at 9:13 PM

We agree Hatch. Correction..your peeps agree.

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I folded laundry today…while I watched the final round of The Texas Open. :)

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Do you give lessons? :)

PatriotGal2257 on April 22, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I folded laundry today…while I watched the final round of The Texas Open. :)

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Pred’s wifes got him trained. lol

Yahoo.

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 9:15 PM

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Six months equals three years, I don’t know whether to worry about my reading comprehension or my memory. Probably both. The Husband talks about Montana but I’m not a huge fan of the cold. Some day I will travel all around the country. It is a crime that I haven’t seen more of my own country.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Do you give lessons? :)

PatriotGal2257 on April 22, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Golf lessons, or folding lessons? :D

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:16 PM

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 9:12 PM

The husband is definitely on HARP. I think I get the rhyme.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 9:16 PM

rhymes with peep (the car)

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 9:12 PM

You bought a bailout car?…

Gohawgs on April 22, 2012 at 9:16 PM

I transplanted a tree today….
Between loads….

Wife was buzzing around the lawn…

Just doin’ our part for Mother Earth

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 9:17 PM

I did the laundry today….

I need take lessons from your husband..:)

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I don’t think you’d want to … he doesn’t know all that much about it. He knows where the washer is. That’s about it. :)

PatriotGal2257 on April 22, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Pred’s wifes got him trained. lol

Yahoo.

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Fooled yaaaaaaaa! Pred is single. Pred was folding his own laundry.

*snicker, snicker*

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Oh hell..rhymes with peep (the car)

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Is that the one that catches fire just sitting there.

RickB on April 22, 2012 at 9:17 PM

canopfor on April 22, 2012 at 8:43 PM
————————————–

I don’t think the people in the Tea Parties are protesters by nature and what they do get done is probably on the local level. Unless there is yelling and the chance to be labeled racists, I doubt the media is interested.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Cindy Munford:Sorry for the tardy response,all this tea talk made
me thirsty for tea,anywho,maybe my choice of words
was bad,I look at Protesters as coming from the Left!

And the media thing,yes I agree,unless the Tea Party
can be made out to be dark,then the MSM isn’t interes
ted!

I still like Der Spiegels take on the TP!:)
=========================================================

From Der Spiegel,

Me thinks the Tea Party might be cook’n Hopey’s goose,
this analysist sounds good to me!!
———————————–

‘Obama Has Underestimated the Frustration in the Country’
09/16/2010
***********

The center-left Süddeutsche Zeitung writes:
*******************************************

“The success of the Tea Party candidate Christine O’Donnell does not bode well for the Republicans, nor for the Democrats (even if they see it differently at the moment), nor for the whole American political machine.”

“Obama has underestimated the frustration in the country and the power of the Tea Party movement, which gives the prevailing disillusionment a platform and a voice. It is by far the most vibrant political force in America. Obama’s left-of-center coalition, which got young people and intellectuals involved and which appealed to a majority of women, blacks and Latinos, has evaporated into nothing.”

“The new right, though, is on the rise. It sets the agenda. America is facing a shift to the right. The Republicans have already marched in this direction of their own accord, regardless how many Tea Party reactionaries get a seat and a voice in Congress in November. The Democrats and the president have been put totally on the defensive. From now on they will only be able to react, rather than act.”

===============================================================

———————————————————–
———————————————————–

canopfor on October 21, 2010 at 1:40 PM

canopfor on April 22, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I write in my diary every night and have no idea what to do with it.

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 9:10 PM

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:13 PM

A new, “Democracy in America”?
For the title, how about, “Solcialism in America”?

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 9:18 PM

No, the Tea Party is not done and over with.

Mirimichi on April 22, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Gohawgs..burn me at the stake..it is a good story. Warm, funny, with a twist.
I have sinned.

Time to turn Catholic..3 hail Mary’s..am I good?

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Hatch is worried about what the radical Leftists Pelosi and Obama think? That’s all that you need to know about Hatch being in office too long.

onlineanalyst on April 22, 2012 at 9:20 PM

What is this you ppl’s personal blog site????????/////

Obama ate dog meat…………

angrymike on April 22, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Fooled yaaaaaaaa! Pred is single. Pred was folding his own laundry.

*snicker, snicker*

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Yeah…snicker.
I did laundry today, too. And cooked.
Gotta find a woman–all this work is killin’ me!

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 9:20 PM

RickB on April 22, 2012 at 9:17 PM

eff no.

K..done with my day.

That was to Cindy.

Carry on.

xo

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 9:21 PM

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Folding, washing, cooking … all the domestic arts. Both of his brothers are good cooks, and naturally, his sister is but I’ve only semi-jokingly asked where he was hiding when his siblings were trying their hand at it. :)

We both took golf lessons about a decade ago, but neither of us have played in a while.

PatriotGal2257 on April 22, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Reminds me of tribes with different leaders who despise each other.

Redford on April 22, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Redford:Me thinks,you speak of,CoAlition of Democrats,er,
Progressive Communists!!

canopfor on April 22, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Obama ate dog meat…………

angrymike on April 22, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Lol.
Um…Do you have your mop ready for later, ’cause there’s gonna be a mess…

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 9:22 PM

For the title, how about, “Solcialism in America”?

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 9:18 PM

How about: “Traveling Through America: From an Iron Curtain to an Open Door.”

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:22 PM

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:17 PM

lol..a bs’r knows a bs’r.

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Manwithnoparty
yep I fired my SS427Chevelle up today, sweet music to my ears………

angrymike on April 22, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I’m disappointed that Perry endorsed Dewhurst over Cruz. Dewhurst is gonna be another KBH.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Gotta find a woman–all this work is killin’ me!

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 9:20 PM

I found one…

She is playing with horsepower…..

I am left doing everything else..

I hate weekends… :)

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 9:23 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Yup.

Notorious GOP on April 22, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Fooled yaaaaaaaa! Pred is single. Pred was folding his own laundry.

*snicker, snicker*

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Well, that explains everything. It also explains when my hubby will learn to do that kind of thing for himself … when I’m taking my dirt nap. LOL

PatriotGal2257 on April 22, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I hope everybody celebrated Earth Day by burning a tree.

RickB on April 22, 2012 at 8:45 PM

RickB:Yup,Boink Earth Day,I think I’ll turn all the lights on,
and in solidarity,the outside ones too,haha!

canopfor on April 22, 2012 at 9:24 PM

canopfor on April 22, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I think those rallies are hard on the Tea Party folks, especially the national ones. Most have jobs and families and aren’t use to gathering in large groups. They are probably better at calling, writing and emailing but as we all know those things are easy to ignore. Raucous mass meetings or town halls tend to get more attention.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 9:25 PM

The TEA party keeps the GOP (and whatever Blue Dog Dems that remain) fiscally honest and accountable. It keeps these representatives of the people’s feet to the fire. It forces them to worry less about being part of the good-old-boys’ club and more about their constituents and the economic health and security of the country and its future.

onlineanalyst on April 22, 2012 at 9:25 PM

RedCrow
I’m a union worker, doesn’t matter how long it takes to clean, I get paid buy the hour………;)

angrymike on April 22, 2012 at 9:25 PM

and they make fun of southerns..we don’t eat doggies at least.
I eat a lot of things..no fido.
I would turn vegan first. That says it all.

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 9:26 PM

PatriotGal2257 on April 22, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I’m good at cooking and laundry. I love to eat, so cooking is a natural. And laundry can be done while you do other things. I mean, nowadays it’s automated, other than loading washer and dryer. I washed one load and dried another while I golfed. It’s not like I’m standing over an old ringer washer then hanging them on the line.

But I suck at housework. This place is a dump.

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Question:

Anyone in Tuscon,it was 101 F!!

canopfor on April 22, 2012 at 9:26 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 9:23 PM

He disappointed you a lot..you know I had to.

Good luck Tx..pom poms waiving.

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 9:27 PM

canopfor on April 22, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle of what AP has linked and Der Spiegel.

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I am left doing everything else..

I hate weekends… :)

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Hahaha. Well, she sounds cool…?
On the plus side, you gave me a reason to send you these greetings!

BTW, I’m completely joking. I’d probably do some housework on the weekend for a good woman, nightly.

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 9:28 PM

yep I fired my SS427Chevelle up today, sweet music to my ears………

angrymike on April 22, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I am so jealous.

I fired up the 45cc weed wacker because the wife said so…
and goosed the throttle a few times….

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I hope everybody celebrated Earth Day by burning a tree.

RickB on April 22, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Ran the air conditioner in the shop today while scraping and planing dead trees, so that should count for something.

AZfederalist on April 22, 2012 at 9:28 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Repeat after me:

The governor of Texas never does anything to upset the lieutenant governor of Texas.

Age old and true statement.

What are you people still doing here?

Don’t y’all know facebook is the place to be.

They have, um er…oh yeah games and stuff…

cozmo on April 22, 2012 at 9:28 PM

angrymike on April 22, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Your the best damn union worker I know..but then you win by default. ;)

bazil9 on April 22, 2012 at 9:28 PM

angrymike on April 22, 2012 at 9:25 PM

LOL!
Dude…you’re the best. :)

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 9:29 PM

The Queen of the Terrorists is Nancy Pelosi. When she says, “Jump,” her caucus says, “How high?” She threatens with the withholding of monetary support, and the wh*res in the Dem caucus will do her bidding at her price.

onlineanalyst on April 22, 2012 at 9:30 PM

PatriotGal2257 on April 22, 2012 at 9:24 PM

My husband was 43 when we got married-and he’s seems to have lost the ability to put a dish in the dishwasher or change the roll of TP. We’ve been married 9 1/2 years.
He did attempt to do the laundry on Friday-and his way was much like his mother’s way. My way is different than HER way. MY way works better.
He’s been acting like his mother’s son a lot lately. *rolls eyes*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 9:30 PM

How about: “Traveling Through America: From an Iron Curtain to an Open Door.”

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:22 PM

From communism to socialism

Schadenfreude on April 22, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Hi Bazil……….*waves*
Did you think about the YouTube thingy on election night? ?????/////////

angrymike on April 22, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Cindy Munford on April 22, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I had said “over the past 3 years”, so you are not losing your mind. I’m hoping the cold has moved out by the time I get there.

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 9:31 PM

cozmo on April 22, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I’d visit but I still don’t know which person of your name is you.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 9:32 PM

AZfederalist on April 22, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Oooohh….!!!
What kind of wood work you do??

I have a wood working shop……
I need to do more of that…relaxing…..

Electrongod on April 22, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Let’s get some tunes going. How ’bout this? If the GOP continues to ignore the Tea Party, we’re going to have to give them some kinda trouble.

predator on April 22, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Let’s burn the barn down

faraway on April 22, 2012 at 9:34 PM

He’s been acting like his mother’s son a lot lately. *rolls eyes*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 9:30 PM

I’ve been doing my own laundry since I was fourteen. I asked my mom where one of my favorite soccer shirts went, and she told me she threw it out because it had holes in it.

I got mad and she told me if I didn’t like it, I could do my own laundry. The rest is history.

(Don’t know to this day if my mom was just being clever. But, I got to wear a lot of shirts with holes in them!)

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Electrongod
That’s the way it starts, next year it’s a a 75cc weedwacker. You know how it is gotta have bigger stuff each year…….;)

angrymike on April 22, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I’m hoping the cold has moved out by the time I get there.

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I made a joke about your travels the other day, but I’d do the same thing in a heartbeat if I could.

(Envy’s a bitch.)

RedCrow on April 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM

There were 3 of us manning(personing) the department until I got off @ 1700. 2 of us think that the 3rd one is incredibly lazy and pretty much useless…and he certainly was that today in spades.
Does anyone know a song I that can ‘dedicated’ to him?

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 22, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I was being funny. Heck I haven’t even told my wife.

If you think about Coz, then what would there be for a last name?

Or you could just try me. You can’t miss me, nobody is as odd as me. I can testify to that.

Not that there’s anything there. But, I am considering dropping some hints to the secret project I have been working on…think bigger than world domination.

cozmo on April 22, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Question:

Anyone in Tuscon,it was 101 F!!

canopfor on April 22, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Yup. Knew it was hot, didn’t realize we hit 101. Funny thing, last week we barely hit the mid-60′s. It is a little early for this, but then last year (2010/2011) we had record cold in the winter.

Oh, and Federalist Jr. found the first rattlesnake of the season in the back yard last evening while mowing the lawn. Mr. Kimber and Mr. Shovel were called to duty.

AZfederalist on April 22, 2012 at 9:40 PM