Quotes of the day

posted at 9:01 pm on April 21, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Whitmire is an angry man. He is among a group of voters most skeptical of President Obama: noncollege-educated white males. He feels betrayed — not just by Obama, who won his vote in 2008, but by the institutions that were supposed to protect him: his state, which laid off his wife; his government in Washington, which couldn’t rescue homeowners who had played by the rules; his bank, which failed to walk him through the correct paperwork or warn him about a potential mortgage hike; his city, which penalized him for somebody else’s error; and even his employer, a construction company he likes even though he got laid off. ‘I was middle class for 10 years, but it’s done,’ Whitmire says. ‘I’ve lost my home. I live in a trailer now because of a mortgage company and an incompetent government.’

“Whitmire is a story of Muncie, and Muncie is the story of America. In this place—dubbed ‘Middletown’ by early 20th-century sociologists—people have lost faith in their institutions. Government, politics, corporations, the media, organized religion, organized labor, banks, businesses, and other mainstays of a healthy society are failing. It’s not just that the institutions are corrupt or broken; those clichés oversimplify an existential problem: With few notable exceptions, the nation’s onetime social pillars are ill-equipped for the 21st century. Most critically, they are failing to adapt quickly enough for a population buffeted by wrenching economic, technological, and demographic change…

“When people trust their institutions, they’re better able to solve common problems. Research shows that school principals are much more likely to turn around struggling schools in places where people have a history of working together and getting involved in their children’s education. Communities bonded by friendships formed at church are more likely to vote, volunteer, and perform everyday good deeds like helping someone find a job. And governments find it easier to persuade the public to make sacrifices for the common good when people trust that their political leaders have the community’s best interests at heart. ‘Institutions — even dysfunctional ones — are why we don’t run amok in the woods,’ Hansen says.”

***

“People in politics talk about the right track/wrong track numbers as an indicator of public mood. This week Gallup had a poll showing only 24% of Americans feel we’re on the right track as a nation. That’s a historic low. Political professionals tend, understandably, to think it’s all about the economy — unemployment, foreclosures, we’re going in the wrong direction. I’ve long thought that public dissatisfaction is about more than the economy, that it’s also about our culture, or rather the flat, brute, highly sexualized thing we call our culture.

“Now I’d go a step beyond that. I think more and more people are worried about the American character — who we are and what kind of adults we are raising.

“Every story that has broken through the past few weeks has been about who we are as a people. And they are all disturbing…

“The leveling or deterioration of public behavior has got to be worrying people who have enough years on them to judge with some perspective.

“Something seems to be going terribly wrong.”

***

“[S]omething fundamental seems to have changed in the political marketplace. The winning strategy is no longer to be more moderate than your opponent, to offer a bigger tent. Instead, it is to be more zealous and committed to your party’s ideology…

“The irony is that the politicians who prevail in these gladiator contests inherit a system so bitter, so partisan and so ideologically polarized that they can’t accomplish anything. They know that they and their constituents would be better off if they cooperated and compromised more, but they just can’t. If they try, they face a serious risk of being run out of office, either in the next primary by someone who better appeals to the party’s political base, or in the general election by an opponent whose extremism has allowed him or her to energize the other side’s core voters.

“Politics has become a tragedy — a tragedy of the commons, that is. The individual pursuit of rational self-interest by parties and politicians, which in political and economic theory is supposed to generate the best outcome, has instead led to a cycle in which extremism, partisanship and stalemate all beget more of the same. We keep thinking it can’t continue like this, but it only gets worse…

“Arms races, free riding, tragedies of the commons — these failures in economic markets are well understood. The solutions usually involve some form of government action or regulation. But when similar failures occur in political markets, there are no institutions capable of stepping in and forcing the necessary collaboration or collective action.”

***

“‘There is a crisis of authority, and we’re not prepared to think about it in these terms,’ said Fukuyama. ‘When Americans think about the problem of government, it is always about constraining the government and limiting its scope.’ That dates back to our founding political culture. The rule of law, regular democratic rotations in power and human rights protections were all put in place to create obstacles to overbearing, overly centralized government. ‘But we forget,’ Fukuyama added, ‘that government was also created to act and make decisions.’…

“Indeed, America today increasingly looks like the society that the political scientist Mancur Olson wrote about in his 1982 classic ‘The Rise and Decline of Nations.’ He warned that when a country amasses too many highly focused special-interest lobbies — which have an inherent advantage over the broad majority, which is fixated on the well-being of the country as a whole — they can, like a multilimbed octopus, choke the life out of a political system, unless the majority truly mobilizes against them.

“To put it another way, says Fukuyama, America’s collection of minority special-interest groups is now bigger, more mobilized and richer than ever, while all the mechanisms to enforce the will of the majority are weaker than ever. The effect of this is either legislative paralysis or suboptimal, Rube Goldberg-esque, patched-together-compromises, often made in response to crises with no due diligence. That is our vetocracy.”

***

“There is a certain malaise lingering in the air, and I can think of at least two possible contributing factors.

“On one hand (and liberals are sure to agree here) there is a downside to ‘creative destruction.’ It is good, of course, that the automobile replaced the horse and buggy, but surely some Americans were hurt in the process. To be sure, it would have been silly for the nation not to adapt to modern technology, but that doesn’t mean some people weren’t left behind. Times of economic change and technological advancement are sure to create stress and dislocation. That’s part of what we’re going through today…

“As you might have guessed, I’m arguing that there is a politically underrepresented ‘populist’ constituency in America. Demographically, they are noncollege-educated whites. Philosophically, they are generally Christian conservatives who are also skeptical of big business. They are pro-gun and pro-union. They are pro-life and pro-tariff. They believe in God and government…

“So far, this group has not equaled electoral success. That might change, though, if times get even tougher.”

***

Via Gallup.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Yay!

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Beat ya! Electrongod. ; )

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Hey, where is everyone?

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Hello?!?

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Allah, are you here?

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Quiet night?

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Dang!

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Thank goodness for “Your posting too quickly.”

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Alright, this is getting scary.

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Come on guys……….

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I know its Saturday night, but come on.

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Getting bored with it now.

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:06 PM

I wearing down. Allah?

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:06 PM

I am here bmore … :D

conservative tarheel on April 21, 2012 at 9:06 PM

This is actually posted isn’t it?

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Bmore on April 21, 2012 sitting on this thread

Pokes head in…

We are at the cool kids party. What? You didn’t get the invitation?

cozmo on April 21, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Thank you, conservative tarheel, and good evening. ; )

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:07 PM

cozmo on April 21, 2012 at 9:07 PM

I was getting lonely. Evening Boss. : )

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:08 PM

““Something seems to be going terribly wrong.””

Who’s in charge again…?

Seven Percent Solution on April 21, 2012 at 9:08 PM

cozmo – I didn’t get an invite either … :( …

conservative tarheel on April 21, 2012 at 9:09 PM

In the words of Fred Sanford, “Ya big dummy!!”

SouthernGent on April 21, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Five posts in a row. For some reason, that makes me sad.

WordsMatter on April 21, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Who’s in charge again…?

Seven Percent Solution on April 21, 2012 at 9:08 PM

The party that hasn’t passed a budget in over a 1000 days ….

conservative tarheel on April 21, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Well no shiite. Flashmobs ripping off stores, 51% of Americans don’t pay income tax, and the greatest collection of criminals and douchebags ever assembled in one place now infest D.C.

You’re damn right things are going to hell, and plenty of us out here are waiting and watching to see how it all plays out.

Bishop on April 21, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Hey, where is everyone?

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Bmore my friend…

… I usually like to read at least a part of the post before I jump in and comment.

Usually keeps me looking like a horse’s a%%…

… Just sayin’.

Seven Percent Solution on April 21, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Good evening Comrades.

JPeterman on April 21, 2012 at 9:12 PM

21 posts until an adult actually posted on the QOTD.

Romper room without the magic mirror.

katy on April 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Ron Fournier and Sophie Quinton

Sounds like this fellow is a prime candidate to become a Tea Bagger. Smaller government would mean less of it to trust. Who in this day in age trust or even wants to get involved with the government. Personally I fear it more then treasure it. Never have trust authority so there’s that.

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I’m not here-I’m just a fig newton of your imagination.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 21, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Seven Percent Solution on April 21, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Bishop is still first. ; ) Evening 7% Its Saturday, having fun?

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Beat ya! Electrongod. ; )

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:02 PM

I was sauteing mushrooms for the steaks…:)

Electrongod on April 21, 2012 at 9:19 PM

21 posts until an adult actually posted on the QOTD.

Romper room without the magic mirror.

katy on April 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I love you more and more!

SouthernGent on April 21, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Well Mr. Whitmire, that would be your fault for not reading the fine print wouldn’t it? Were you not capable of reading your own mortgage documents or asking appropriate questions?

JPeterman on April 21, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Dang..Bmore…..
A record….I would quess

Electrongod on April 21, 2012 at 9:20 PM

a smaller percentage of potential immigrants want to go to australia than saudi arabia?

tom daschle concerned on April 21, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I am going to post ten words in a row.

SparkPlug on April 21, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I was getting lonely. Evening Boss. : )

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:08 PM

…got close…didn’t ya?
I was too enamored with AP’s writing…had to read a couple of them twice…he’s rather good.

I’ll report you to Bishop too! I still have part of his show up my crack!

KOOLAID2 on April 21, 2012 at 9:22 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 21, 2012 at 9:22 PM

…opps..show was SHOE!

KOOLAID2 on April 21, 2012 at 9:23 PM

PEGGY NOONAN
Voting for 0 didn’t help Peggy, hate to be the one to break it to ya. Actually no I don’t. In my estimation what we are witnessing is the failure of liberal policy’s that have been foist on the citizenry of this great Nation. I will take my share of the blame, in that I have been silent for too long. #War! Hat Tip Andrew. I have always made my own way and thought that, that was good enough. It wasn’t. Time to start insisting by whatever peaceful means necessary that others adopt the same.

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:24 PM

‘I was middle class for 10 years, but it’s done,’ Whitmire says. ‘I’ve lost my home. I live in a trailer now because of a mortgage company and an incompetent governmentPRESIDENT.’

Jvette on April 21, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Bmore…You made me laugh. So sad to be all alone. :)

bluealice on April 21, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I was sauteing mushrooms for the steaks…:)

Electrongod on April 21, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Nice evening for it up there I understand. ; )

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Bmore…You made me laugh. So sad to be all alone. :)

bluealice on April 21, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I’m in a great mood. Glad I could share. We all need to laugh more.: )

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:25 PM

katy on April 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Oh katy. You outed yourself..and me. We who remember Romper Room are not spring chickens. :)

bluealice on April 21, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Nice evening for it up there I understand. ; )

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Yes it is……
Chit – chat time….

Dang good weather this weekend…..

I almost feel guilty for being lazy today and doing nothing but laying outside….

Electrongod on April 21, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Alright, this is getting scary.

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:05 PM

…you think everybody else had a power outage didn’t you?

KOOLAID2 on April 21, 2012 at 9:27 PM

KOOLAID2 on April 21, 2012 at 9:22 PM

You know I read each and every article completely every QOTD. I am not lazy. Allahs QOTD is my favorite part of HA. I have plenty of time in front of me to read the quotes and articles. No one will ever beat your record 17. ; )

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Bishop is still first. ; ) Evening 7% Its Saturday, having fun?

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Evening B…

… yeah, just relaxing with a glass of the vintage.

Little 7% is running around, all is good…

Seven Percent Solution on April 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM

So true. Unfortunately the extremists ( mostly on the right) probably due to their hatred for the president have cemented the reality that extreme partisanship is here to stay. Time to apply for a Chinese green card.

Uppereastside on April 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Which is exactly why we should have a smaller government. The less power the Federal gov’t has, the less need for people to lobby to protect their special interest(s).

ShotGlassMan on April 21, 2012 at 9:29 PM

…you think everybody else had a power outage didn’t you?

KOOLAID2 on April 21, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I thought I had been banned and gone to HA heaven. I don’t know what Allahs version would look like so I was frightened.

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Whitmire is a story of an uneducated white guy who finds fault with the nanny state protectionism of his class.

Happy Nomad on April 21, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Seven Percent Solution on April 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Still daylight out there I reckon. Man I loved running as a kid.; )

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Uppereastside on April 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Obama’s last budget bill….

Democrats….nodda one….
nope…

Zero votes….

These democrats must be right of left…extremely

Electrongod on April 21, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Time to apply for a Chinese green card.

Uppereastside on April 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM

….need a ride to the boat?

KOOLAID2 on April 21, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:30 PM

…now imagine us doing that to all the trolls! They comment 30-50-70 times…and we treat them like no ones there!
That 1st response lets the air out!

KOOLAID2 on April 21, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Completely OT here, but I’m having a bit of a problem.

Why can’t you have just a single name on Facebook?

What do Iman and Madonna do?

cozmo on April 21, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Uppereastside on April 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM

China could use a party member in good standing like yourself comrade. You will not be missed.

tom daschle concerned on April 21, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Steven Pearlstein,

I disagree with just about all of this one. The people will step in to rescue us from the authoritarian institutions. Or it will fail under its own weight. Compromise is what has brought us to where we are. I want know part of any further compromise. I want the D party in the ash heap of history. I want their philosophy humiliated and destroyed. I stopped my wish for compromise when Tip screwed Reagan. You may say well Bmore wants his own authoritarian state. No not true. Folks have to come to the water trough all on their own. I don’t want to force anything accept to enlighten them to what I consider to be the correct option. Self reliance and responsibility for ones self.

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:39 PM

know=no

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:40 PM

The problem is the GOP is/was the party of maintaining the status quo. The special interest groups and the left are all about expanding their power, obtaining gubmint handouts, etc. The parties working together means that the right has to compromise its values. So the country just keeps moving further and further to the left and the federal government keeps growing bigger and bigger.

Time to stop this death by a thousand cuts.

Syzygy on April 21, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Completely OT here, but I’m having a bit of a problem.

Why can’t you have just a single name on Facebook?

What do Iman and Madonna do?

cozmo on April 21, 2012 at 9:38 PM

You can go as cozmo cozmo or cozmo s. spacely.

RickB on April 21, 2012 at 9:44 PM

THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN

The problem is not that the government doesn’t do enough, its that it tries to do too much. We don’t need nearly this much intrusion into our lives. Liberals used to deploy it, now they worship it. Thomas Friedman should move to his beloved example of China and take his huge mansion with him. I do not like this man.

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM

…a baker’s dozen is not easy!

KOOLAID2 on April 21, 2012 at 9:47 PM

“Government, politics, corporations, the media, organized religion, organized labor, banks, businesses, and other mainstays of a healthy society are failing. “

There is one underlying factor to the common problem…

… Liberal Leftist Democrat Social Engineering policies that were implemented and failed spectacularly.

As I pointed out in Libby’s thread…

… All the GOP has to do is run on the truth, the facts, the actual results, the cover up, and the Democrats responsibility ending with Obowma.

It is out there for everyone to see…

… One of Ed’s best posts:

“When these missing data were factored in, it became clear that the rejection rates were based on legitimate business decisions, not racism.”

The Left never wants to take responsibilty of the actual consequences of their policies…

… and when we see the injustice of it all, the cover up, the non-accountability, no wonder people feel sick.

Seven Percent Solution on April 21, 2012 at 9:48 PM

ShotGlassMan on April 21, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Funny, that’s exactly what the founders thought as well and they established the Republic with that in mind. However, our better educated and more modern selves have looked down upon that wisdom, starting in the early 20′th century with Wilson, and worked to establish a powerful central government to manage outcomes for the sake of fairness and compassion. Dumb, dumb, dumb modern selves — those founders had lived the glory days of a strong central rule and knew the pitfalls. What hubris to think that human nature had changed over the centuries such that the lust for power would not swamp out the idealism of establishing utopia. Scratch that, those promoting the required power to establish fairy tale utopia knew exactly what they were doing and that was the pursuit of unbridled power over their fellow men.

AZfederalist on April 21, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Obama’s last budget bill….

Democrats….nodda one….
nope…

Zero votes….

These democrats must be right of left…extremely

Electrongod on April 21, 2012 at 9:32 PM

…the budget before that had a few comatose people…I forget who though.

KOOLAID2 on April 21, 2012 at 9:49 PM

In the coming months…

Obama will be running third party…..

Electrongod on April 21, 2012 at 9:52 PM

People left behind?

What are there people still living without electricity, tvs, washers and driers, microwaves… the ability to produce more has lowered the price of these items so that the ‘poor’ now live better than the ‘rich’ of 75 years ago.

There are no people ‘left behind’ but we have social mobility up and down the scale. What the Left wants to do is lock in positions so there is no mobility. That will bring more poverty and people ‘left behind’ than doing NOTHING about the situation.

ajacksonian on April 21, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Matt K. Lewis

The gist here seems to be that frugal Conservative types are under represented. That this may change if times become any more difficult. Rmoney™ who does have issues relating to this. Should listen very closely to the message. If not he will have to make a hugely remarkable turnaround in more areas then just the economy. I don’t think he or anyone can in one 4 year term. He may find himself challenged in 2016 should he become the next POTUS. The push is only going to build. I know, I know Tea Party is dead, we shall see. Won’t we?

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:54 PM

“Whitmire is an angry man. He is among a group of voters most skeptical of President Obama: noncollege-educated white males.”

Now why would that be…?

… Oh, wait!

“For decades, Democrats have suffered continuous and increasingly severe losses among white voters. But preparations by Democratic operatives for the 2012 election make it clear for the first time that the party will explicitly abandon the white working class.”

Seven Percent Solution on April 21, 2012 at 9:55 PM

…a baker’s dozen is not easy!

KOOLAID2 on April 21, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Especially when the site keeps telling you, your posting to quickly. Did it do that to you on the march to 17?

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:56 PM

“The dogs bark, the caravan moves on.”

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 9:58 PM

“Something seems to be going terribly wrong.”

Some of the QOTD articles seem to think we are headed for “fighting in the streets.”

predator on April 21, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Seven Percent Solution on April 21, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Thus their opposition to voter ID.

predator on April 21, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Chicago and the Cook County Democratic machine have thrived on kleptocratic, one-party rule-by-connection and favors forever.

And a Cook County hack gets elected to the White House people only now begin to wonder where it all went wrong…

Is this great country or what?

Bruno Strozek on April 21, 2012 at 10:02 PM

You can go as cozmo cozmo or cozmo s. spacely.

RickB on April 21, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Thanks, I think…I ain’t that short.

Dang facebook wouldn’t even let me keep the lower case “c”.

I guess now I can figure out what everybody is goin’ on about Facebook…or not.

cozmo on April 21, 2012 at 10:03 PM

That 1st response lets the air out!

KOOLAID2 on April 21, 2012 at 9:36 PM

And imagine if we had their audio? Oh, the piteous screams!

katy the mean old lady on April 21, 2012 at 10:04 PM

As I pointed out in Libby’s thread…

Seven Percent Solution on April 21, 2012 at 9:48 PM

No one wants to hear the truth and those of us who know the truth are written off as goofnuts. Every liberal I talk to is still saying “George Bush created this mess”.

The GOP can yell the truth from the rooftops, but as long as the State Run media still controls the narrative, we’re all doomed.

The State Run Media is the biggest enemy of the United States.

JPeterman on April 21, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Saul Alinsky, I thought you were dead. Dude, you live in a trailer because Obama destroyed all the jobs in the country, including yours and your wifes.

faraway on April 21, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I am late to do this so I will catch up..Another has joined the Hot Air Wall of Shame..
*waves* Hello CoolChange80!!

Wish you could join us..The weather is fine..:)

Dire Straits on April 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM

predator on April 21, 2012 at 9:58 PM

That route is provided for in the Constitution. I don’t think it will happen. Though it has happened before.

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Some may complain that this analysis falls into the trap of moral equivalency, failing to note that Republicans practice the politics of extremism and suppression of the moderate vote and that Democrats offer more moderation and compromise. But while it is true that the move away from the political center has been asymmetric and probably began with the Republicans, the success of that strategy has now forced everyone to play the same game.

These days, congressional Democrats and Obama campaign strategists make no secret of their belief that previous attempts at moderation and compromise have not been to their benefit and that they have no choice but to energize their base with a tougher, more left-leaning campaign. S. Pearlstein WaPO 3/20/12

Good god man! Were you playin with thyself when you were writing this crap?
Keep BOTH hands on the keyboard from henceforth.

OkieDoc on April 21, 2012 at 10:10 PM

cozmo on April 21, 2012 at 10:03 PM

I THINK I’ve figgered out which one you are-but if I want to friend you(‘course I do)…I need a hint.

annoyinglittletwerp on April 21, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Wish you could join us..The weather is fine..:)

Dire Straits on April 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM

His loss did create a nice breeze. : ) What happened to you last evening? You were missed.

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I think the American people should start over with two or more new political parties. It is pointless to try to save the D and R party machines, we can only replace a small percentage of them in any single election, and the corrupt majority that remains always defines the culture and wins.

If we had a true champion of freedom and liberty with a proven record of fighting for reform at the top, using the bully pulpit to lead the way, combined with a bottom up approach to Congress, then maybe then we could save ourselves from our crony government. Unfortunately the crony-capitalists that pay for Obama’s and Romney’s campaigns always seem to win. The presidency is where they concentrate most of their money and they have the greatest advantage.

But here is where the anti-Romney vote has an advantage.

Rupert Murdoch and many out voices in the GOP media have been spreading around a lot of propaganda promoting the meme that the primary is now over, the anti-Romney people have lost, however the evidence indicates otherwise. In fact Romney and/or the GOP have been cheating in some, if not many, of the county caucuses. I experience some monkey business myself at my county caucus which has not been resolved. They wouldn’t be cheating if they already had the nomination wrapped up, obviously, so that means indicates the Romney propaganda is false.

However, it works to the not-Romney’s advantage. Now that Romney already has this wrapped up, a lot of the Romney people will stay home in the upcoming primaries and caucuses and if the not-Romney voters will have a cake walk!

Fox News has done us a huge favor by spreading this disinformation, now all the not-Romney voters have to do to defeat the establishment is ignore their propaganda and turn out to vote.

FloatingRock on April 21, 2012 at 10:12 PM

cozmo on April 21, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Go with, The Boss.

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 10:10 PM

I was detained last night..I hate I missed it..:)

Dire Straits on April 21, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 10:10 PM

In memory of CoolChange80

RIP

Electrongod on April 21, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Towash on April 21, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Nooorrrrmmmm!..:)

Dire Straits on April 21, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Electrongod on April 21, 2012 at 10:14 PM

..:)

Dire Straits on April 21, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Big Government over-promises, under-delivers, all while centralizing more power.

Voters grow apathetic because a) Big Government promises are never delivered and there is no heaven on earth; and then because b) their vote never changes anything, because every politician eventually acquiesces to the status quo of centralized and increasing powerful government. The “ratchet effect” ensures that government programs only grow, are never reduced; only added, never cut.

Voter participation in Federal elections has declined from about 61% in 1960 to 37.8% in 2010. Why bother?

de rigueur on April 21, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Nooorr

rrmmmm!..:)

Dire Straits on April 21, 2012 at 10:14 PM

My non-eating dog buddy!!!1

Towash on April 21, 2012 at 10:19 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on April 21, 2012 at 10:10 PM

The pic is me on a rare snowy day in Dallas. I’m testing the rudder on a battleship in my “test tank” wearing a Dire Straits Bother’s In Arms concert T.

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I ain’t nobody’s boss. Just ask my wife, or my daughter, or the dogs, or the cat.

cozmo on April 21, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Towash on April 21, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I’ll see your London and raise you a right or two or three.

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 10:21 PM

In memory of CoolChange80

RIP

Electrongod on April 21, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Or this.

predator on April 21, 2012 at 10:21 PM

cozmo on April 21, 2012 at 10:20 PM

But you can be on FB. ; )

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Wasn’t Noonan an obama supporter? She should have to look no further than the oval office for the lack of character…….With obama and his liberal minions in charge, there is no character and they are morally bankrupt………..Peggy should do more leg work and vet candidates better……..

crosshugger on April 21, 2012 at 10:23 PM