Thanks for a year to remember!

posted at 6:06 pm on April 20, 2012 by Tina Korbe

As Ed indicated in his kind post this morning, today is my last day to write full-time for HotAir.com. It has been an honor to write alongside two of the very best bloggers in the business and to contribute to such a vibrant online community on a daily basis.

When I first accepted the position of Associate Editor, I had the vague idea that working for a website founded by Michelle Malkin, who has long been one of my personal heroes, and working with the great Ed Morrissey and inimitable Allahpundit would be the equivalent of “blogging bootcamp.” That vague idea turned out to be correct, but no generalized visualization of a new media editor’s day-to-day routine is a substitute for actually living that day-to-day routine. What I thought I knew about blogging before I began this job I relearned every single day: It is demanding work!  It is demanding not only in the sense that “the beast demands to be fed” — in our case every 35 minutes or so — but also in the sense that it requires a mind that “never succumbs” …  to false information, to illogical arguments, to petty criticisms or to personal attacks … nor to praise, egoism or cynicism, the tool of the lazy thinker. (A skeptic demands to be shown. A cynic refuses to be shown.) Whether I possessed such a mind when I began this job, I don’t know — but I know I come closer to having such a mind now. Wherever I go, I’ll take with me the discipline and perseverance that were so strongly reinforced in me by this year.

Some of you will disagree with me even about this (you always do!). You’ll say that blogging does require an ego or that cynicism is the mark of a seasoned blogger. As always, your criticisms will have truth in them. It does require an ego to think that anybody actually cares what you think. Observing the political cycle for more than a single season would tempt anyone to cynicism.

Still, I maintain the best writers — writers like Ed and Allah! — aren’t in the service of themselves; they’re not attempting to make their own names known. They’re in the service of a message, a message that goes beyond them. It’s no accident that people speak of the influence of the conservative blogosphere in a general sense far more often than they speak of the influence of individual conservative bloggers. It’s the conservative message — the message that it’s worth it in every sense to take responsibility for ourselves and our own lives, to direct our own lives as we see fit — that’s overwhelming and irresistible. That message is the source of any conservative’s influence. Professionally speaking, that’s what I’ve always hoped and still hope to be — a writer with a meaningful message.

Thank you all for engaging my ideas so thoughtfully, for introducing so many thought-provoking ideas yourselves, for encouraging me and even for discouraging me: It was a privilege to learn from you. Thank you also to the silent majority of Hot Air readers: You make this site possible.

It is a source of great pleasure and pride to me to note that some of you think I served the conservative message well in my time here — particularly with my pro-life and pro-gender-difference posts. To me, the right to life and the freedom to be as we were created, both male and female, are fundamental to the ordering of society. I will never stop “shilling” for the ideas that life begins at conception, that the human fetus is a human person no less than the human baby or the human toddler, that men and women are, in fact, different, that we were created in relationship and that we were created to be in relationship with one another, primarily through the formation of families.

That last sentence brings me to my future: Like any true conservative (especially any Catholic conservative), I believe strongly in the principle of subsidiarity, in the idea that problems are best solved at the most local level possible, starting with the family. It brings me so much joy and peace to think I’ll soon be starting the lifelong adventure of marriage, which I hope and pray will lead to children someday, too. The family my fiancé and I ultimately create will always be our first priority.

As Ed wrote, I’ll also soon be working as Policy Impact Director at the Oklahoma Council of Public Affairs — and that, too, is an awesome prospect to me. The decision to seek — and, fortunately, to be offered — a position at the state level was also driven by my belief in the genius of federalism. The Oklahoma policy scene is particularly exciting at the moment. It’s a time of both challenge and opportunity in what we conservative Okies like to brag is “the reddest state in the country.” My particular position will entail policy research, writing, editing, media relations and development work, among other responsibilities.   It’s my hope that it will enable me to have a measurably positive impact on problems particularly close to home.

In addition to all of that, I also plan to resume some personal writing projects that I’ve had on hold for some time. Plus, as Ed said, I’ll still be writing in the Green Room occasionally, popping up in the comments section and sounding off on Twitter (@TinaKorbe).

When I left The Heritage Foundation to work at HotAir.com, I had the sense that I was still working for Heritage because I was still working in the conservative movement. I have the same sense now. Conservatives have every reason to be optimistic that our cause will succeed on the strength of our message and on our willingness to work tirelessly to complete whatever jobs and tasks we’re given as our own. We know, as T.S. Eliot said, “There’s no such thing as a lost cause — because there’s no such thing as a gained cause. We fight because we know that our defeat and dismay may be the preface to our successors’ victory.”

Cheers to the past year, in which we fought alongside each other here — and here’s to fighting alongside each other on other fronts in the future.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Arright, now that we’ve dispensed with the heartfelt sentiments, can the roast begin? Zero to 1,000, let’s see what this baby can do.

Christien on April 20, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Where is bluegill…

… Isn’t she going to share her favorite stories and say good-bye?

Seven Percent Solution on April 20, 2012 at 6:51 PM

We’ll look for you in the Green Room. I always enjoy your posts. Good luck with the new job!

dogsoldier on April 20, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Tina writes:

[good blogging] requires a mind that “never succumbs” … to false information, to illogical arguments, to petty criticisms or to personal attacks … nor to praise, egoism or cynicism, the tool of the lazy thinker.

This is wise. To me this is a strength of conservatives — intellectual honesty. A consultant once told me he lived by this axiom — “Sell high, sell low, never sell out”. That’s the model of blogging you’re describing.

Paul-Cincy on April 20, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Tina: the best of everything to you!

We’ll be waitin’ for your radio show. It may be awhile, but Rush has to retire sometime, ya know.

cranbone on April 20, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Tina, I think you’re brilliant. Best wishes for continued success!

n0doz on April 20, 2012 at 6:53 PM

I’ve enjoyed your year with HotAir, look forward to seeing you in the Green Room. Best wishes on all the new endeavors you have coming up in the near future. Life is good.

Did you ever meet Allahpundit in “real” life?

Cindy Munford on April 20, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Tina,
best of luck to you and I’ll be checking the Green Room. You wll be missed.

katy the mean old lady on April 20, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Best wishes, Tina. I will look forward to seeing you drop by once in awhile.

jaliranchr on April 20, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Where is bluegill…

… Isn’t she going to share her favorite stories and say good-bye?

Seven Percent Solution on April 20, 2012 at 6:51 PM

It posted in the other thread written by Ed

Good luck, Tina! Thank you for your hard work!

To Ed and AP, please consider adding at least two new regular bloggers. It would be nice to see you all mix it up a bit now and then, debate one another, challenge each another, etc.

Different perspectives would be great… e.g., a libertarian, a social con, and someone who can’t easily be labeled? Someone else funny like Jim Treacher or Greg Gutfeld would also be great.

You guys seem to be holding your own against more highly publicized websites, which is great and shows you are very capable. Still, it wouldn’t hurt to have some fresh energy around here. Sometimes the posts can be a bit too predictable.

bluegill on April 20, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I’m shocked, I tell ya, shocked.

JPeterman on April 20, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Excellent work Tina!

Good luck in your future endeavors.

BKennedy on April 20, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Tina,
I’ve enjoyed many of your posts very much indeed and found them insightful and informative, often entertaining, and even, occasionally, inspirational. Hot Air’s loss in not having you on as a full time blogger is definitely Oklahoma’s gain. Best of luck.

thatsafactjack on April 20, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Congratulations Tina! Good luck! Be well! Hebrews 11:1.

BHO Jonestown on April 20, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Great work Tina. Thanks for everything.

gh on April 20, 2012 at 7:05 PM

As one of that ‘silent majority’ I want to pop in to thank you for what you have contributed to this site. It can be a tough, but mostly fair, crowd. I have appreciated your emphasis and insight, and wish you the best. Thanks and God bless.

ndalager on April 20, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Sorry to see you go, Tina. Hot Air needs a good female writer, to provide valuable perspective, and to, uh, deal with such things as the fictional “War on Women” (cough) Best of luck to you.

TarheelBen on April 20, 2012 at 7:06 PM

All the best to you, Tina!

Key West Reader on April 20, 2012 at 7:08 PM

bluegill on April 20, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I’m shocked, I tell ya, shocked.

JPeterman on April 20, 2012 at 6:58 PM

For the love of Pete…

o_O

Seven Percent Solution on April 20, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Can’t blame you for leaving. Who could refuse an offer from the Oklahoma society of whatever it is.

Looking at the photos in today’s hot air, I see that if I were your secret service agent I would check you out. (that is a complement)

Spock of Tralfamadore on April 20, 2012 at 7:08 PM

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Tina,

You are too special. If the Church ever legalizes polygamy,….

I’m available. ;-)

I’m writing some big fat checks to some bishops now.

Seriously,

Thanks, especially for being a pro-life woman. No strike that….a pro-life LADY. And, good luck.

TC
(one of the Notre Dame 88)

KirknBurker on April 20, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Tina, when you came aboard it was as if someone put a beautiful bouquet of fresh flowers on the table.

Thank you for your tireless work. I know it’s not easy. I volunteered a bit at my local newspaper on the Editorial Board blogging and writing opinion pieces. I remember writing my first blog and praying people would respond…and they did! I imagine you had those same feelings when you began here.

Wishing you all the happiness during the next phase of your life. Blessings for a wonderful marriage and little ones to follow. Children are such a gift. Best of luck at your new position as well. They’re lucky to have you.

NYconservative on April 20, 2012 at 7:13 PM

JPeterman on April 20, 2012 at 6:58 PM
For the love of Pete…

o_O

Seven Percent Solution on April 20, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Seven Percent Solution:Lol,well,I was on your wave-length too,
maybe there is hope!:)

canopfor on April 20, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Tina,She’s proud to be an Okie from,er,Hot Gas.Later and luck.

docflash on April 20, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I enjoyed your blog posts Tina..Congrats on the new position and all the best to you

sadsushi on April 20, 2012 at 7:20 PM

All the best, Tina. And cheers to you and your family.

d1carter on April 20, 2012 at 7:21 PM

As a fellow Okie, thanks for your writing and stalwart witness as a sister in Christ. Happy trails and God bless.

AH_C on April 20, 2012 at 7:25 PM

NYconservative on April 20, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Well said.

backwoods conservative on April 20, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Thank you and good luck!

Philly on April 20, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Well this is a bummer. You will be missed,

Cleombrotus on April 20, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Good luck with the new job and you will be missed here.

xplodeit on April 20, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Now get rid of Morrissey and maybe it this blog will start getting better.

lowandslow on April 20, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Uh, actually the most local level possible is the individual. Reflecting upon and owning up to one’s personal defects leads the way to better local interactions.

When we enter the confessional, the community is there, but we stand alone as we confess. Our penance — the solution to the harm we have done — is never a community penance — it is levied upon us as an individual.

Best wishes and Godspeed.

unclesmrgol on April 20, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Talented and nice looking but don’t waste your talent on abortion (other people’s business) and fairy tales.
Good luck with your new assignment.

Salahuddin on April 20, 2012 at 7:39 PM

“Parting is such sweet sorrow”

I watched you grow as a blogger and enjoyed your contributions to the HA family.

You’ll be missed but I have confidence that you’ll continue to grow and contribute to the conservative successes we so need in this country.

Be Blessed!

ORrighty on April 20, 2012 at 7:40 PM

lowandslow on April 20, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Tina, before you go, howzabout swinging the Ban Hammer for us. PLEEEEEZ?

hillbillyjim on April 20, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Best wishes Tina! Maybe you can sell your new digs on the awesomeness that is fried butter!

22044 on April 20, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Dear Ms. Korbe,

I wish you all the best and all success in your new career site. I know from your writing that you are a thoughtful person, and I especially appreciate your standing up for the unborn – the US will soon be judged for, what is it?, close to 50 million children “passed through the fire” as it were. I know that God will bless your direction and opportunities. Then again, Jonah warned Nineveh and the great city repented for another 350 years or so. May you be another Jonah, if you so wish. Then again, it appears Jonah tended toward depression. Pick your poison – or persecution.

And yes, I hold Michelle up as a personal hero and I miss her presence. She is – even as this is an understatement – brave, right, and hard-working in presenting well-researched, insightful, poignant, outspoken, and did I mention brave? commentary and investigative reporting. And she’s not afraid to call someone a liar.

I have lived my life remembering the words reportedly of Mark twain, who said “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect”. And still to this day, I find I am vexed by my own naïveté. You pose this as a choice between inexperience and cynicism, or a balance between the two. Remember, true scientists demand proof, but one could not call them cynics; they will happily accept the truth, if it is rational (or they used to). Rationality and logic of argument, is not to be tarred as cynicism.

I was one of those who criticized you on at least two occasions. I think it may have been a “where there’s smoke there’s fire” argument regarding Cain; but I do remember one time when you wrote that you subsequently “learned”… some alternate view based on vague assertions, without explaining what the process was by which you became convinced of it; it came across as if you exchanged one rumor for another.

If I could offer a few unsolicited words of advice, from someone who doesn’t blog, and will never blog for a living.

!- Organization in communicating is good. I would prefer that you emphasize facts rather than recirculating quotes, sound bites, and videos and letting us draw from it what we will. Give us your take. And let us know how you regard a subject.

2- Show emotion! Dagnabbit! Hate! Love! Ridicule! Mock! Challenge! Well, I can’t say mocking is particularly a Biblical imperative, but do a word search on it some time. It looks like God mocks the liars and the unjust quite frequently. And even those in Hades will mock the king of Babylon, eventually identified as Lucifer. The great Breitbart openly mocked.

3- And remember, whenever someone begins an argument with the words, “Of course…”, or “Given that…”, the speaker is camouflaging the most arguable predicate of his argument as an indisputable truth. If the “of course” is not preceded by a well-clarifying sentence, or preferably a paragraph arguing what follows to be a legitimate “course” of thought, 95% of the time the “of course” is a deliberate lie. Of course, I could be wrong.
As you know, when someone prefixes an argument with the words, “People are reporting…”, or “Some speculate…” 95% of the time, one of two things is true: 1- either the speculation is non-existent, or was twisted out of context, or, 2- the speakers referred to themselves had no factual position to speak from. Always ask for names; otherwise, you are engaging in gossip. At least that’s what I read someplace.
And remember, ALL videos are selectively edited, often malignantly.

Wanting to know the whole truth, is not cynicism.
And in the end, repentance and prayer is our only refuge.

I wish you and your new husband and family all the very best this life has to offer. Cheers.

flicker on April 20, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I nominated Dana Loesch on the other thread (and was reminded of how busy she is), but if ya’ll decide on another guy, I say lure back Doctor Zero. I think he went to Human Events or something, but that dude can write. His content was impeccable (IMO), not to mention his grammar, proper use of a semi-colon, the whole nine yards. No spell check needed for the Doc.

TxAnn56 on April 20, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Best of luck to you Tina. The country needs more conservative young people like you who are passionate about their liberties and freedoms.

AZfederalist on April 20, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Now get rid of Morrissey and maybe it this blog will start getting better.

lowandslow on April 20, 2012 at 7:36 PM

HotAir without Ed or Allah just wouldn’t be HotAir. So why don’t you just find another blog to hang out at. May I suggest the Daily Kos, Huff Po, or LGF.

redridinghood on April 20, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Good luck on your new job and God bless you and your family-to-be.
Jobs are just jobs, but families are forever.
Thanks for your posts —

AesopFan on April 20, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Ugh. Now you’re just another bureaucrat.

bs4948800 on April 20, 2012 at 8:04 PM

This in my opinion is your greatest legacy as a blogger here, and something I hope you continue to serve in your work for the conservative cause. In this era where even conservative women are attempting to co-opt “feminism” it is refreshing to read from a true conservative that sees the value of keeping separate from that label, it’s baggage, and its misguided aims beyond just the evil of abortion. Conservatism is universal, principled, rooted in Natural Law and therefore unchanging and without need to be specifically tailored to gender and identity divisions…

Again, best wishes in your future endeavors continuing to fight for conservative and Christian values.

Gingotts on April 20, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Thank you for your service to the HotAir community Tina! May God richly bless you and your very lucky future husband and family.

bj1126 on April 20, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Oh and I totally agree with

Gingotts on April 20, 2012 at 8:09 PM

bj1126 on April 20, 2012 at 8:11 PM

TxAnn56 on April 20, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Doc Zero: still on the job, still the best essayist in the business.

Just for fun, here’s a map of the y’all-ness of the country – from a blogger who misspells the word while posting an article that has it right twice.

AesopFan on April 20, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Really well said. God bless you Tina in your future messaging. Our country is better for it.

beatcanvas on April 20, 2012 at 8:21 PM

hillbillyjim on April 20, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Tina … Jim has a good suggestion here.

You have the right as an outgoing HA editor, to make these decisions … go for it!

Thanks,

ORrighty on April 20, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Just in case they didn’t mention it to you Tina, the readership took a vote, and after you are gone we decided that we are going to make AllahPundit wear lipstick and blog in a skirt — at least, until Salem finds a more suitable replacement for you.

My collie says:

Not that you are sorry that you are going to miss that, or anything.

CyberCipher on April 20, 2012 at 8:26 PM

flicker,

I really enjoyed this paragraph from your post:

So true.

KickandSwimMom on April 20, 2012 at 8:31 PM

All the best. It’s been real.
I have to say my fondest memory was the fried butter.

JellyToast on April 20, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Thanks, Mom.

flicker on April 20, 2012 at 8:49 PM

And to think that Tina is leaving because I wouldn’t send her a photo of myself wearing nothing but a bowtie.

Fine, if it will keep her here, I’ll do it.

Bishop on April 20, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Alas Miss Tina you are gone from us before your time. You will be sorely missed!

hpk1942 on April 20, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Ah Tina, we hardly knew you, but I have enjoyed your perspective and view of the conservative young folks. May you flourish at your new job, as much as you did here. Your commentary will be missed and us older folks will lose a little valuable insight into the next generation of conservatives. Best wishes with your future endeavors.

uncommon sense on April 20, 2012 at 9:08 PM

It’s a fact I’ve personally seen Alla blogging in lipstick and a skirt, with a screen to his left replaying interviews of Ann Coulter, and a video to his right playing reruns of Glee.

The above is certified to be 99 & 44/100ths percent fake (but accurate).

flicker on April 20, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Good luck Tina and all the best.

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Thank you Tina for your contributions here, especially regarding pro-life. I am hopeful that you are joined in your defense of the unborn by millions more young people.

You are a great example to our youth and your parents must be very proud. Good fortune to you.

Vince on April 20, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Lady, ya did good. May the sun always be warm on your shoulders, the wind at your back, and wisdom your companion.

Yoop on April 20, 2012 at 9:30 PM

It certainly doesn’t seem like a year. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed your articles and insights while you’ve been here, though.
All the best of good fortune to you and yours in the future.

Solaratov on April 20, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Good luck, Tina!

Rational Thought on April 20, 2012 at 9:38 PM

We rejoice with you in your new ventures! Don’t be a stranger now!

herm2416 on April 20, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Bleh.

Consistently skipped your awful posts. Hopefully you won’t inflict your writings on others anymore.

Aquateen Hungerforce on April 20, 2012 at 9:45 PM

You were definately a rose amongst the thorns…good luck

crosshugger on April 20, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Good luck TK!

And I am sorry for being mean to you at times.

You are new and young and I am not.

And cute!

Sherman1864 on April 20, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I can’t figure out why you kept removing my posts but I imagine that most people are grateful to you for it.

Good luck and a long and happy life.

IlikedAUH2O on April 20, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Really gonna miss your post Tina. As I said in Ed’s post earlier, you’ve become my favorite here. I wish you the best of luck.

Big Orange on April 20, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Good luck and God bless Ms. Tina

tank_killer69 on April 20, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Tina, there is a lovely breeze in here on your last night. ; )

Bmore on April 20, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Good luck, Tina! It’s been a pleasure watching you grow, and I believe you did grow in experience and writing stature while blogging here. Best to you in your new life endeavors!

Tennman on April 20, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I hope it wasn’t us Texans that precipitated your decision to leave. When we suggested that the Oklahoma license plate slogan should be

Oklahoma is OK (because we can’t spell mediocre)

we were just kidding around.

Honestly, good luck in everything Tina.

Peri Winkle on April 20, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Sorry I’m late Tina, at work.
I wish you the best in marriage, we got engaged the same week, and your new job.
I will be looking for you in the green room, so don’t be a stranger………..GOOD LUCK……;-)

angrymike on April 20, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Best wishes, Tina. You’ll be missed.

Priscilla on April 20, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Here’s looking at you kid.

Best wishes, good luck and God Bless.

Flora Duh on April 20, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Tina,

Like I said this morning, I’m so disappointed. I loved your posts. I look forward to reading any you will write for the Green Room in the future.

You will be missed greatly.

God bless you in her future endeavors. You are a lovely, intelligent and talented young lady, in every way.

Elisa on April 20, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I’ve always appreciated your unwavering support and outspokenness for life, the unborn, and traditional marriage (not necessarily your views on gender roles though). In spite of opposition, you maintained your spiritual convictions with poise and charity. Your departure leaves a vacuum that I hope someone will fill. You are blessed with great talents and it has been a pleasure to read your work the past year. God’s richest blessings to you Tina.

conservative pilgrim on April 20, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Bleh.

Aquateen Hungerforce on April 20, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Except apparently the one farewell post she gives so you can come in and dump on her.

NukeRidingCowboy on April 20, 2012 at 11:44 PM

God Luck, oh fair Tina!
*Luv ‘Momma Barb’ in TX*

annoyinglittletwerp on April 21, 2012 at 12:09 AM

All the best in what looks like a bright and promising future for you, Tina.

mr.blacksheep on April 21, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Good Luck with the new job and the new family.

lexhamfox on April 21, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Aquateen Hungerforce on April 20, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Oh look, there is a turd in the punchbowl. How annoying.

Cindy Munford on April 21, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Thank you Tina for sharing a year of your time and talent with HotAir. I am one of those that read multiple times a day (thanks for the 35 min refresh update) and I think I have posted maybe twice in the 4 years I’ve been here! I am a 57 year old lady, turned 18 in 1973. Blinded by Roe v Wade and “my right” for years until Christ opened my eyes and drew my closer. Thanks be to God. I am so thankful for your voice and with Godly pride thankful for young people like you in our country for fighting the righteous fight with all Glory to God! Best Wishes and God’s blessings on you and yours!

grace4us on April 21, 2012 at 4:33 AM

Tina,

Wishing you “fair winds and following seas”…

Khun Joe on April 21, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Tina, you have a year you can be proud of. Keep on fighting for the good guys. Wishing you well in all your future endeavors.

lynncgb on April 21, 2012 at 9:40 AM

You will be missed, Tina. Best wishes to you.

Jeff A on April 21, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Now we are left with the gay marriage promoting Pundit and the appeaser wanting to end all marriage Morrisey.

Mormontheman on April 21, 2012 at 10:44 AM

All the best, Tina.

Steve Eggleston on April 21, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Dotorb Zero had everyone beat.

Lanceman on April 21, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Doctor. Stupid hangover.

Lanceman on April 21, 2012 at 11:50 AM

cynicism comes when skepticism is ridiculed.

Old Country Boy on April 21, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Doctor. Stupid hangover.

Lanceman on April 21, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Actually, shouldn’t it read? Dr. Zero .

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Tina you will be missed.

My wife never reads blogs or news sites. But one day I was telling her that Tina Korbe answered me in a Tweet. She of course went into “jealous wife mode” and said who is Tina Korbe? I naturally said a knockout who writes for Hot Air.

Well she decided to look you up and said, hey she is a good writer. I think she sneaks onto Hot Air from time to time to read your articles. Now both of us will miss you.

Good luck in your next adventure Tina.

Conservative4Ever on April 21, 2012 at 12:59 PM

May the road ahead rise to greet you, Tina. You’ve written some very fine posts, like the one above, endured some slings and arrows, and always retained your thoughtful composure. Well done!

I wish you the very best – and congrats to you and your soon to be hubby!

Opinionator on April 21, 2012 at 4:28 PM

It is demanding . . . also in the sense that it requires a mind that “never succumbs” … to false information, to illogical arguments, to petty criticisms or to personal attacks … nor to praise, egoism or cynicism, the tool of the lazy thinker.

You just described the antithesis of all liberals, Tina. Honestly, it’s really tough for me to regard libturds as other than inferior human beings, given their chronic dishonesty–gah!

Again, best of luck. Glad your HotAir experience was meaningful.

MisterElephant on April 21, 2012 at 8:21 PM

conservative pilgrim on April 20, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Very well put, and I entirely agree!

Thank you, Tina! Your voice will be missed! Looking forward to reading your future contributions to Hot Air, in whatever form, and wishing you all the best and most of all God’s blessings.

Threshing Flora on April 22, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Godspeed Tina, you shall be missed….

“I was really checking her out, if you know what i mean?”
/David Chaney, MaxSplinters