Coroner’s report released: Breitbart died of heart failure

posted at 9:27 pm on April 20, 2012 by Allahpundit

Everyone on the right already guessed the cause of death, I think, especially after Bill Whittle’s video about AB’s previous heart problems made the rounds. But liberals who sparred with him on Twitter loved to accuse him of being coked up; judging from Breitbart’s retweets, it was one of their favorite lines of attack, along with accusing him of being gay. (My sense is that he really enjoyed the latter just because of the oblivious hypocrisy of otherwise smug “progressives” reaching reflexively for “gay” as a way to insult him.) Wrong on both counts, of course, but let’s make sure this gets some attention online, if only to debunk any lingering smear-minded speculation on the left that he died from some sort of overdose.

Andrew Breitbart, the conservative blogger whose posting of a sexually explicit photo of former U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner led to the congressman’s downfall, died of heart failure, the Los Angeles County Coroner said in an autopsy report released Friday.

Breitbart, 43, died on March 1. The final cause of death was listed as heart failure, which was caused by Breitbart having an enlarged heart and some heart disease, said Chief Coroner Craig Harvey.

Breitbart had a small amount of alcohol in his system, but no prescription or illicit drugs were detected. No significant trauma was present and foul play is not suspected. A full report is expected to be available within two weeks.

We already know where the “small amount of alcohol” came from. On the day he passed away, THR described his final hours enjoying a glass of red wine at a local bar and restaurant. One of the people he ended up talking politics with at the bar noted later that “he wasn’t drinking excessively,” so let’s note that too before the moronic “AB was an alcoholic” smears start up among his enemies.

I’ll leave you with this brilliant image, which was created by Jim at Anthropocon and presented to the Breitbart.com team today at BlogCon. I hope he doesn’t mind me reproducing it, but if he does and I have to pull it, you can see it in all its splendor right here. No word yet on whether it’s headed for a t-shirt but he’s gotten enough glowing feedback about it today that there’s probably a chance.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

rob verdi on April 21, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Unfortunately from an empty space in they’re heart where love should be found.

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Or is it their?

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 12:11 PM

What part of “this person was my friend” did you miss? I am not against debate, I am against ignorance. And you, you are ignorant. I rarely post here these days, and this is why.

di butler on April 21, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Yeah, I am with you on the level of debate on this site. It has deteriorated significantly. Then again. I gave you the get me off this thread directions. You choose not to use those directions.

I am not ignorant. I am really sorry you lost a friend. It is a horrible thing to go through. I wish Breitbart were alive today.

I made a comment early in the thread. After which I got attacked. I defended myself with facts. I got further attacked personally. None of my facts have been refuted. I apologized for my initial comment. But the attacks did not stop. You want to keep attacking me, then I will keep coming back to this thread and defending.

I am not ignorant of what I talk about. Andrew Breitbart helped bring into the conservative movement, not just the Republican party, a group of people that are antithetical to the conservative movement. He did not do it for good reasons. He also did not do it in a good way, as he deliberately attacked those of us who understand subversion better than he did just exactly what the goals of GOProud were. I had to live with all of his sycophant cult of personality bigots attacking me and calling me a bigot. You will have to excuse me for not having FOND FOND memories of my good friend Andrew Breitbart who attacked me as a bigot because he felt it a good idea to help the enemy infiltrate our institutions.

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Once again the liberal blogosphere believed something false.

You would think even idiots would see the pattern by now.

aeroplane on April 21, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Typicalwhitewoman, thank you for your input. We do indeed learn from the past, and we do need our heroes.

jazzuscounty on April 21, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Do you want to indulge the grunting social reject and keep him coming back for more, or do you want to starve him so that he’ll shrivel up? Please, don’t let the trolling idiot push your buttons, especially out of respect for those of us who came to this thread to positively focus on Breitbart . . .

Bizarro No. 1 on April 21, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Thanks, Bizarro. It’s good advice. I just couldn’t help but respond when someone who claims to be a conservative shows no respect for the accomplishments of Andrew Breitbart, who was truly a New Media pioneer. And then I see that he despises Romney because he thinks Romney is a progressive – but yet, he states he’s going to vote for Obama?? Well, I had to say something about that as well.

TarheelBen on April 21, 2012 at 12:18 PM

di butler on April 21, 2012 at 11:33 AM

That concept runs counter to Andrews. If you do not post here, you cannot push back against ignorance. Post more, push back!

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 12:20 PM

What is a MOBY?

Conservchik on April 20, 2012 at 9:48 PM

A great demon of the ancient world. This foe is beyond any of you…RUN!

ctwelve on April 21, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Continued attacks.

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 11:14 AM

And you deserve every single one of them and then some.

JPeterman on April 21, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Breitbart

#gone2soon

PappyD61 on April 21, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Andrew Breitbart R.I.P.
A real patriot right to the end.

CTpatriot on April 21, 2012 at 1:04 PM

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Yeah, you snotty pri#k,,you started off this ‘great debate’ on the thread with:

I thought it would be aids related… my bad.

astonerii on April 20, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Yer an a$$hole…deal with it.

BigWyo on April 21, 2012 at 1:09 PM

TarheelBen on April 21, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Y/w, but I should tell you, I wasn’t directing my post at you! I saw that you noticed what was going on with his provocations, so I used my reply to emphasize your observation in order to try to get everyone who was justifiably annoyed by the nonsense to not engage it hoping to change it, because their good intentions were not only being wasted on someone not receptive to them, their good intentions were working against them.

I definitely understand needing to have your say with people like that, but if they don’t listen to you the first time you call them on their crap, I’ve found it almost always ends up being a vicious circle until you step away, because they don’t know how to.

I went through slogging through that kind of negative garbage in my family for years until I finally realized I was the only one who cared to try to resolve the problems we had. I learned if a person puts me in the position of having to argue with him in order to get some peace and quiet for myself, reasoning with that person was fruitless, so it would be better for me to conserve my energy, say as little as I possibly could, and let that kind of person get attention elsewhere. Let me tell you, it works! :)

Bizarro No. 1 on April 21, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Wow that asstonerii, just won’t quit. I don’t care what you think of someone, People have a right to remember a person without being harassed. You are like the Fred Phelps of hotair. Protesting an online remembrance. Lowest of the low man.

Rusty Allen on April 21, 2012 at 1:43 PM

It hasn’t been mentioned this time around but there has been a trust-fund set up for Andrew Breitbart’s children who range in age from 4-12 years old. The address is:

Breitbart Children’s Trust
149 S. Barrington Ave, #735
Los Angeles, CA 90049.

V7_Sport on April 21, 2012 at 2:21 PM

And you deserve every single one of them and then some.

JPeterman on April 21, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Spoken like a true progressive. Mask slipping? This hero worship business is also a big Che Guevara throwback. The Obamafication of the GOP. Glad you like helping the enemy side.

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Rusty Allen on April 21, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Yeah, everything written about Breitbart is by definition a remembrance… So you have just called a shut down the debate?

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Rusty Allen on April 21, 2012 at 1:43 PM

There is also a difference… I am targeting the actual perpetrator of what I am debating. Fred Phelps and crew target people not associated with what he has a problem with.

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Yer an a$$hole…deal with it.

BigWyo on April 21, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Do you see me calling people derogatory names? No? Then are you sure your targeting the correct person?

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 3:30 PM

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 3:27 PM

The only mask that slipped around here is yours.

I am tired of sitting home. I will actively vote Obama and get my family to join me if the nominee is Romney. While it would be nice to get a better job between 2013 and 2017, I am willing to wait.

astonerii on January 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Aside from being moby troll, you don’t even make sense anymore.

JPeterman on April 21, 2012 at 3:45 PM

astonerii on January 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Aside from being moby troll, you don’t even make sense anymore.

JPeterman on April 21, 2012 at 3:45 PM

People with a complete limit on ability have trouble making sense of the world around them. Enjoy.

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 3:49 PM

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 3:27 PM

The only mask that slipped around here is yours.
JPeterman on April 21, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I do not have a mask. I do hide behind fake statements. I say what I mean and I mean what I say. I do not tiptoe around the meaning of words and sugarcoat the bitter truth. I do not follow other people’s lead because that is the current popular trend.

Not so much can be said about you or any of your buddies here attacking me. Progressive seems more in line of what to say you are.

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 3:53 PM

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Look at Me! Look at Me! Look at Me! Look at astonerii!

JPeterman on April 21, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Look at Me! Look at Me! Look at Me! Look at astonerii!

JPeterman on April 21, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Sounds more like what you are doing. Look at me. Look at me. Look at me, watch as I attack the unpopular dude!
Must really be a sad life you live having to be popular to feel secure in who you are.

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Look at Me! Look at Me! Look at Me! Look at astonerii!

JPeterman on April 21, 2012 at 3:59 PM

See, I was willing to let it go way back here, two pages back. But noooooooooo, you all had to see who could be the more bada@@ attacker against me. School ground bullies you are.

You guys are right. I was mistaken. What I originally said was more wish casting and hateful. I do not follow your religion. I am sorry for attacking your god. I should have allowed you all to hold mass here on this public thread without my interfering. You have every right to publicly hold your religious activities and since this is private property, I should have checked with management ahead of time before crashing the party.

To the almighty Andrew Breitbart, may his light always shine, thank you for allowing me to bask how ever shortly in your brilliance, I am not worthy. I am just a worm unworthy of your gaze or minutest interest.

astonerii on April 20, 2012 at 11:06 PM

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 4:09 PM

I know my heart is broken with our leader no longer here to see the fruits of his labor.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on April 21, 2012 at 4:15 PM

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 3:27 PM

That’s the dumbest thing I ever heard. The problem with Che Guevara is not that he is idolized per se; if you are a communist terrorist then you should be idolizing Che. The problem is that he is idolized by suckers worldwide after the left whitewashed his history as a nuclear holocaust-seeking mass murderer and rebranded him as a cheap trendy recruitment image. Are you really comparing something like that to Breitbart?

smiley on April 21, 2012 at 5:51 PM

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Most people grow out of the ‘look what you made me do’ excuses around 3rd grade.

mnealtx on April 21, 2012 at 5:56 PM

smiley on April 21, 2012 at 5:51 PM

But that is what this debate I am having is about. Whether we just let a whitewash of the man be done, or if we remember him as a whole. He has plenty of sycophants as is obvious to remember those good deeds. As I said, progressive. Wipe away the aspects you do not like and present him falsely… This is how our nation has fallen so far.

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 6:01 PM

mnealtx on April 21, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Who made him do this that started the sh$tstorm?

I thought it would be aids related… my bad.

astonerii on April 20, 2012 at 9:29 PM

JPeterman on April 21, 2012 at 6:12 PM

mnealtx on April 21, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Yet, you did not and neither did any of the others, yet you imagine you can hang that on my shoulders and mine alone. Again very progressive in nature. The fact that you all refuse see this proves how progressive you are.

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 6:28 PM

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Hey you told us you & your family are voting for Obama.

You may want to lay off the pot, it’s really messed with your brain cells.

redridinghood on April 21, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Hey you told us you & your family are voting for Obama.

You may want to lay off the pot, it’s really messed with your brain cells.

redridinghood on April 21, 2012 at 6:41 PM

My reasoning has been made clear. If we had a conservative choice, I would vote for that person. I have made it clear that if there is in fact a third party conservative choice that is polling reasonably well, I will support them over any other. But if the only choice is the infiltraitor (spelling purposeful) and Obama, well, long term I know who is the greater threat to the nation and will vote against him.

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 6:58 PM

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 6:58 PM

You are a douchebag.

EnochCain on April 21, 2012 at 10:00 PM

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 6:58 PM

astonerii, are you stoned or something. Drunk maybe? You don’t sound like yourself. You okay?

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 10:56 PM

You are a douchebag.

EnochCain on April 21, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Sure funny how the politeness police are so amazingly polite. I have been called way worse by far better people than you and your cohorts. The thing is that no matter what name you call me, it never changes the facts present. You wish it would. It is how progressives operate. They play the game of shut down the debate and attack the messenger. I thought conservatives were better than that. So, either conservatives are vile feces throwing animals such as yourself, or you are not acting according to the conservative philosophy you claim to represent. Conservatives are generally more willing to look at hard truths rather than hide them and live in a fantasy dream world.

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 6:58 PM

astonerii ASStonerii on April 21, 2012 at 6:58 PM Everyday.

FlaMurph on April 21, 2012 at 11:16 PM

astonerii ASStonerii on April 21, 2012 at 6:58 PM Everyday.

FlaMurph on April 21, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Yeah, most people learned that skill around kindergarten. Glad you caught up to us all. But then they grow out of it and actually talk about things like adults.

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 11:19 PM

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I never claimwd to be polite. I call it as I see it right or wrong and you are douchebag.

EnochCain on April 21, 2012 at 11:22 PM

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM

You are not a Conservative, you are an ObamaBot, moby troll who started throwing feces first.

JPeterman on April 21, 2012 at 11:27 PM

This oughta’ be good.

cozmo on April 21, 2012 at 11:28 PM

EnochCain on April 21, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Well there you have it. I call it as I see it too. Breitbart enabled the progressive identity politics which made it easier for center center Republicans to vote for the repeal of DADT. Go ahead and refute that.

You should probably spend more time learning to be an adult instead of idol worshiping. Breitbart is looking down at you wondering, is this really how I taught these people to debate and win arguments?

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 11:29 PM

JPeterman on April 21, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Yeah, I am the idol worshiping one here that is a BOT. LOL. Um, you should probably figure out what the words you are using mean before typing them out. I think you had another brain aneurism up thread somewhere earlier where you accused me of being something that you clearly are. Get some rest, it is the weekend after all. You are showing signs of severe fatigue.

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Doesn’t take much, does it? Just a little poke.

a capella on April 21, 2012 at 11:36 PM

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I do not worship him…I just have disgust for someome who mocks another mans death.

EnochCain on April 21, 2012 at 11:37 PM

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 11:19 PM

You okay astonerii ? You do remember what this thread was about don’t you. Cause after reading though it, I’m lost. I thought it was more of a coroners report on Andrews death kinda thread. Not a dig him up and re examine him thread. Did you notice Allahs tag line and the tags associated with the thread? RIP. Look a lot of us really admired Andrew, I did for sure, he represented the push back we so desperately need. I take it you don’t dig the cut of his jib. Fine I got that several post ago. Would it be to much to ask that you show a little more respect for not only Andrew but others on the site that loved him? The thread has turned into something ugly and that I am confident was not the intent. Please, I’m asking you respectfully. Let it go. You sound out of yourself over a dead hero. Please. Leave him rest.

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Thank you astonerii, Good Night, Sleep Well.

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Finally an adult in the room.

I wanted to give up on this thread a long time ago. All I ask is that if I do, people stop attacking me. Your response is very admirable, not a single attack on me. Just my result. Ask the rest of the people on this thread to let it go, and I am through.

I honestly liked Breitbart’s jib. It is something most conservatives lack and should have. Fighting back is the only way, for the most part, he knew name calling was not going to win any arguments. But it cannot only be fighting back against the enemies without, but ensuring that you are not allowing the enemies to be within.

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Thank you astonerii, Good Night, Sleep Well.

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 11:48 PM

…make sure he takes an aspirin before he sleeps and has tomato juice in the fridge!

KOOLAID2 on April 21, 2012 at 11:56 PM

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Okay, everyone let the dead rest, please.

RIP Andrew and this thread.

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Page 4 only ’cause I haven’t yet read Pages 1 through 3:

issue is reduced to…

Breitbart (may he rest in peace) now medically proven to have perished by natural causes, indeed;

vs.

I’m voting for Obama ’cause I’m a conservative.”

I know which story I support and believe and which one I don’t.

Now onto the movies after I finish this steak dinner.

Lourdes on April 22, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Lets just put it plainly. Gays openly serving in the military is a guarantee that every single state in this nation will soon be forced into either voting against the marriages of the men and women who serve their nation at war and voting to recognize those marriages. Voting to recognize the marriages of those veterans will then force those states to actually implement gay marriages in their states for equal treatment. Breitbart helped make that our new future. So, no, I do not like Breitbart and do not offer him very much respect.

astonerii on April 20, 2012 at 9:55 PM

That all may be so BUT WHY use a memorial post about Breitbart — one that attempts to further explain to the public how and why he passed away — to criticize the man?

That’s the biggest offense that you’re guilty of, that you’re just exercising such bad taste, as in, being downright crass about another man’s being.

Lourdes on April 22, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Lourdes on April 22, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Play nice Lourdes. Please.

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I just don’t get it – usually your heart function declines and you’re laid up, from what I know from family members.

Perhaps it was sheer force of will that kept him going while his heart was wearing out.

Still don’t want to believe it; really miss him. He was just someone you always thought would be there for our side. Huge loss.

linlithgow on April 22, 2012 at 3:35 AM

He was the one that did the fighting for those of us with little voices. He was the bullhorn to our whispers. He was the one who, in battle, picked up the flag from a fallen comrades hands and motioned the rest of us to follow. I miss him, and will never forget the shock I felt upon hearing he had died…and then knowing that however bad the shock was for me/us–it was multiplied a hundred-fold for his family….

It is utter crassness to denigrate a person in such a way as a few, and one in particular, has exhibited. Daily Kos is missing a couple of their villiage idiots.

lovingmyUSA on April 22, 2012 at 6:01 AM

My eldest son died two weeks from his 16th birthday with the same cause. Cardiomyopathy has no age limits, low or high.
A viral infection can enlargen ANYONE’S heart.

RIP, Andrew Breitbart.

prkw on April 22, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Aside from being moby troll, you don’t even make sense anymore.

JPeterman on April 21, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I disagree with astonerii on this as well as on other things, but come on. Enough with this “I’ll shut you up by calling you a Moby troll” garbage. I’ve been commenting at this site for nearly 4 years now, have always been pretty up-front about my feelings on Romney-as-politician, but only just NOW am I starting to be called a Moby O-bot. Constantly. It’s just a bullying tactic designed to shut up Romney naysayers. I was sticking up for conservative principles here while most of the tru-blue conservative Mittbots were busy picking Palin apart or running for the tall grass after Tucson. Who were the Mobys then? Right.

ddrintn on April 22, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Finally an adult in the room.

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Isn’t it funny that you complain about everyone else and their behavior without a moment to check your own,
Hypocrisy: since you are so good with what words are in relation to you, explain this one and then go work on that beam in your eye.

Noelie on April 22, 2012 at 9:25 AM

ddrintn on April 22, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Not every individual who dislikes Romney is stupid enough to prefer Obama over him. Case in point: Me.

gryphon202 on April 22, 2012 at 10:59 AM

gryphon202 on April 22, 2012 at 10:59 AM

So anyone who thinks there’s no essential difference between the two is a “troll” and a “Moby”. I’m tired of that tactic. It’s not accomplishing anything.

ddrintn on April 22, 2012 at 11:45 AM

ddrintn on April 22, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Which is why I’m not engaging in that tactic. I disagree that there is no essential difference; there most certainly is. One is a revolution-fomenting Marxist and the other is not. There is at least one person in this thread, however, who has explicitly stated that he will vote FOR Obama to keep Romney OUT. I’d like to remind all the not-Romney idealists that I did everything I could to keep Romney out of the nomination; I failed. We’ll have two choices in November, and refusal to choose is still a choice.

gryphon202 on April 22, 2012 at 12:02 PM

astonerii on January 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM

astonerii on April 21, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Oh, the irony.sheesh
This is why drugs should not be legalized.

redridinghood on April 22, 2012 at 12:46 PM

We’ll have two choices in November, and refusal to choose is still a choice.

gryphon202 on April 22, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I don’t know which way I’ll go yet, though definitely not Obama. But refusing to choose between the two officially approved alternatives is NOT refusing to choose.

ddrintn on April 22, 2012 at 12:57 PM

ddrintn on April 22, 2012 at 9:12 AM

There is such a thing as a Moby and they have worked to demoralize the right and help elect Obama. I remember them laughing about it in the last election. They played on the “all or nothing” attitude and helped bring us nothing.
There was never a conservative case (or patriotic case) for not doing everything possible to remove Barack Obama. That fact has become inescapable. Just flat out irrefutable. Anyone who is saying that they are going to vote for Obama at this point because the nominee is Romney isn’t a conservative. Calling someone who is says that they are a conservative but that they are going to vote for Obama or stay at home a Moby is actually giving them some credit for having a brain. At least a liar and a manipulator isn’t kidding themselves.

V7_Sport on April 22, 2012 at 12:59 PM

ddrintn on April 22, 2012 at 12:57 PM

There are 2 viable choices. All the rest is rationalization.

V7_Sport on April 22, 2012 at 1:00 PM

His support of the gays

astonerii on April 20, 2012 at 9:44 PM

There it is.

I didn’t have to search far to find you;re a homophobic nutbag.
I don’t like homosexuality, either.
But for God’s sake they ARE people.
IDK what all Andrew did concerning them.
But I can certainly hail his other efforts bcs they were huge.
They were so huge that any progressivness you accuse him of void.
Now go suck on something.

Badger40 on April 22, 2012 at 1:15 PM

astonerii on January 30, 2012 at 2:52 PM

And there’s some more.
You really are nothing but a Democrat.
If you;re such a homophobe, conservative, anti-Progressive, why would you want to vote for a Communist?
The man is a COMMUNIST.
Romney may be a lot of stupid things, but he is NOT a Communist.
What’s incredible is that you somehow think that Romney is worse than Obama.

Badger40 on April 22, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Out of all these people, there ends up being a single adult. Thanks Bmore. At least there is you.

astonerii on April 22, 2012 at 1:48 PM

ddrintn on April 22, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Maybe not in the strictest philosophical sense, but mark my words: Either Barack Obama or Mitt Romney will be victorious come the first Wednesday of November. There is no third alternative in any rational, reasonable sense.

gryphon202 on April 22, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Romney may be a lot of stupid things, but he is NOT a Communist.
What’s incredible is that you somehow think that Romney is worse than Obama.

Badger40 on April 22, 2012 at 1:22 PM

The problem you have here is that you have to convince me that Romney is not going to fritter away the tiny bit of voter confidence the Republicans gained, not through actions, but by default of the Democrats turning them off to such a degree. Once Romney is the political leader of the nation, every bad thing happening will degrade the Republican brand to some degree or another. While this is happening, the negative impact of the Democrats last three and five years will fade into the back ground and the population will start voting for them in larger numbers.

George W. Bush and congress destroyed conservatism.

They did not even tackle defense properly, although they were far better than the Democrats, their failures are all lain at the feet of conservatism. Failure to send enough troops to secure Iraq. Failure to block al qaeda from sliding into Pakistan. Failure to capture Osama Bin Laden. Failure to rally the nation to continue to back the military. Failure to force Iran to stay out of Iraq. War run on political expediency is not a conservative virtue!

They did not keep the market place free from unneeded government interference. They followed the Democratic playbook of writing up so much red tape as to ensure the market would be mediocre at best and lethargic in general. In order to make up for these failures they passed tax cuts, good, and pumped the economy full of home loans, extraordinarily bad. The tax cuts while good, were temporary, extremely bad.

They did not stop the encroachment of the government into our personal and local lives. Department of homeland security, TSA grope and molest, Medicare part D, no child left behind, adding tens of trillions of dollars worth of future debt onto our children’s backs.

They kept the people riled up and scared through terror codes and the illegal alien amnesty they refused to back down on for ages.

In essence, they destroyed any credibility that Republican party ever offered. They did not protect the country exceptionally well. They did not protect the constitution at all. They did not stay out of the peoples lives. They destroyed the economy. They let Americans become demoralized. They in essence forced the American people to make a change to the only other option. The Democrats.

Sorry, our current leadership in the house and senate do not show any signs that they plan to govern conservatively, and Romney is not even trying to pretend that he is a conservative. I lived through George W Bush destroying the party. I seen the movie already.

Prove to me that Romney will govern as a conservative, using real and true conservative policies that work and you can convince me to back him up. So far there is nothing in Romney’s current or past that indicates he would be capable of doing this. Not one single thing.

Obama cannot repeat 2009 through 2011 without a democratic majority, particularly one that does not have a filibuster proof Senate majority which they have 0 hope of reclaiming under president Obama. Anything Obama does as an EO can be undone by an EO. I am willing to wait for someone that will represent me and let Obama continue to destroy the progressive liberal Democrat brand name.

astonerii on April 22, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Bmore on April 22, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Shakes head and walks away/ Good grief.

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 5:33 PM

If astonerii worked as hard at getting a better job(as he claims he wants to do in the next four + years) as he spends in here on argument rebuttal, he’d be president of Zimbabwe

DevilsPrinciple on April 23, 2012 at 5:04 AM

astonerii on April 22, 2012 at 4:54 PM

A vote or non-vote for Obama is still voting for Obama.
Dude, I can’t stand Romney, either.
It’s already obvious.
A vote for Romney is a vote to at least put off the inevitable.
He’s not pushing on the gas pedal as hard as Obama is.
That is the ONLY reason to vote for him.
Your arguments SUCK.
You are NOT going to get a better job in the next 4 years of Obama stays in.
You MIGHT get a better job in the next 4 years of you vote for Romney.
Plus one must think of SCOTUS appointments.
But people have already pointed this $hit out to you here.
You’re just being stupid about it.
I’ve half joked about almost perversely wanting Obama to wind another term bcs I feel Americans are still too stupid to change & they need a huge kick in the A$$.
But I still cannot find myself willing to let my country go over the cliff as soon as this if I can at least delay it a little.
You’re just effing parsing over this.
That’s really all there is to it.

Badger40 on April 23, 2012 at 8:23 AM

You’re just effing parsing over this.
That’s really all there is to it.

Badger40 on April 23, 2012 at 8:23 AM

This.

Ditto.

gryphon202 on April 23, 2012 at 9:10 AM

DevilsPrinciple on April 23, 2012 at 5:04 AM

I leave for my new and improved Job, UNDER PRESIDENT Obama, on Thursday… Soooo.

By the way, Since 1997, when I finished college, I have landed every single job I have ever interviewed for. I have never once interviewed and not been offered the job. My only problem is my medical condition tends to make it easy for some employers to find me not reliable enough such that they can just let me go. My performance reviews are always top. I end up changing jobs about once every 18 months due to this. Yet, I am not a welfare recipient, I do not expect the government to force other peoples’ children to subsidize my retirement, I will accept the money when offered, but I would also vote directly to cut off all of these wealth transfers.

astonerii on April 23, 2012 at 9:53 AM

A vote or non-vote for Obama is still voting for Obama.
Dude, I can’t stand Romney, either.
It’s already obvious.
A vote for Romney is a vote to at least put off the inevitable.
He’s not pushing on the gas pedal as hard as Obama is.
That is the ONLY reason to vote for him.
Your arguments SUCK.
You are NOT going to get a better job in the next 4 years of Obama stays in.
You MIGHT get a better job in the next 4 years of you vote for Romney.
Plus one must think of SCOTUS appointments.
But people have already pointed this $hit out to you here.
You’re just being stupid about it.
You’re just effing parsing over this.
That’s really all there is to it.

Badger40 on April 23, 2012 at 8:23 AM

I never said a vote for Obama is not a vote for Obama. That would be Romney retards doing stuff like that. Arguing that not voting is a vote for Obama as well. As if Romney OWNS our votes. No, he does not.
A vote to put off is not a vote for any benefit. This is how socialism has entered our country to the extent it has. Slowly, not spooking the ignorant. I kind of like having the people a bit scared, finally waking up to the problems socialists cause. If they have not woken up fully yet, maybe 4 more years will get them there. But the slow Romney walk to socialism just advances the cause and puts the blame on the only party that has any hope of ever turning the direction.
My arguments suck because they do not fit your party over America position. I use the tools available to best effect. Here Obama is the best effect, waking up the people, and giving the Tea party more time at the lower echelons of the political fray to get rid of more of the RINOs like Hatch. Once Republicans have power, the argument will be to let the RINOs stay, why risk a seat… happens every time. I am done with the RINOs. I will never vote for another one period ever.
Surprise, I start me new and improved job next monday. First interview. Always the first interview. I do not waste my time applying for jobs I am not going to take.
As for SCOTUS appointments. Romney put at least 2 extremist progressive activist judges on the bench in Massachusetts. When given the chance to nominate 50 Judges to the bench, only 9 were even Massachusetts Republican, he left 14 to be filled by his Democrat replacement. Sorry, that ship sailed, and Romney missed the boat. He was given the opportunity to prove he would put conservatives on the bench. Instead, he created a panel of liberals to nominate them for him, thereby allowing him to argue it was out of his hands. We already got a President Present.
In the end, what you are doing is trying to use a large number of logical fallacies to make a demand that I support your man, or at the least shut the f&ck up about it.
America under president Romney will not be any better off 20 years from now than it will be under another 4 years of president Obama. I say it will be worse off. It takes a George W Bush compassionate conservative level progressive to give us Pelosi, Reid and Obama as reasonable alternatives to the Republican party. Romney is far worse than Bush was.

astonerii on April 23, 2012 at 10:06 AM

astonerii on April 23, 2012 at 10:06 AM

So much appeal to emotion, argument by assertion, and non-sequitur wrapped up in this simple statement.

Aston, before you act as arbiter of who the “adults” in the room are, you’d better take a good long hard at your own behavior. “I’m voting for Obama because I didn’t get my way in the nomination process” is not a very mature way of thinking, whatever else you believe about the maturity level of the rest of us. Intransigent individuals such as yourself worry me just as much as Obama does — because you and people like you will be his ticket back into power. I know that doesn’t bother you, and I know I’m not going to change your mind, but it has to be said anyway.

gryphon202 on April 23, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Too young.
I am about the same age and have kids the same age –
tragic, the whole thing.
As unappealing as I found the public version of guy, it’s not hard to imagine that what fueled his rage and attacks in that sphere just as strongly fueled his love for family and loyalty to his friends.

It’s perhaps a tribute to the strength and effectiveness of his strong personality that the Breitbart dot come site seems to fading into oblivion – and that recent attempts at relevance have been huge failures. I think AB may have cheered some of the efforts over there since his passing, but all also think there’s a lot of AB facepalming in the afterlife…

verbaluce on April 23, 2012 at 10:40 AM

gryphon202 on April 23, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Cry me a river. You make assertions. You appeal to emotion, fear.

Since you do not know what it means, but use the term any ways…

A non sequitur ( /ˌnɒnˈsɛkwɨtər/; Latin for It does not follow) is a conversational and literary device, often used for comedic purposes. It is a comment that, because of its apparent lack of meaning relative to what preceded it, [1] it seems absurd to the point of being humorous or confusing.

my argument is full and complete. It is not confusing, although it might be frustrating for you, it is certainly not humorous. Big words have meanings, using them properly makes you look intelligent. Blurting them out haphazzardly on the other hand…

astonerii on April 23, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Shakes head and walks away/ Good grief.

JPeterman on April 22, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Yeah, I know, thought I would try a different approach for a change.
Shakes head and walks away/ Good grief.

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Yeah, I know, thought I would try a different approach for a change.
Shakes head and walks away/ Good grief.

Bmore on April 23, 2012 at 11:36 AM

For the reason so many love Breitbart, they will hate anyone else. They just do not see the hypocrisy in it.

astonerii on April 23, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Cry me a river. You make assertions. You appeal to emotion, fear.

Since you do not know what it means, but use the term any ways…

I feel fear. I do not appeal to other people’s fear except insofar as they do not wish to see Obama re-elected.

Try this on for size, Butch. A non sequitur is also a logical fallacy in which an assertion is not supported by its premise. (i.e. I am voting for Obama because Romney is worse)

astonerii on April 23, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Since you are assuming the wrong definition of “non sequitur,” you have no argument to be made complete or serious. Only a series of arguments based on faulty or false premises. God, those sharks at the Oxford Club would eat you alive, amateur.

gryphon202 on April 23, 2012 at 5:23 PM

gryphon202 on April 23, 2012 at 5:23 PM

And if God help us King Obama wins, astonerii gives up his right to criticize the King…………ever.

JPeterman on April 23, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Even under this definition you are still wrong. It goes along with your assumptions made. You obviously are not looking at what I say, but looking at tiny fragments. As a whole, Romney is worse for America, over a period beyond a five year window. Obama is worse for America for a period within that 5 year window. I am looking at windows that stretch out 20 or more years. Nit pick it all you want, it is just that I have different priorities. You want to have the country working for you right now and right now only! Just like nearly every other “CONSERVATIVE” on this site, you fail to give a flying F&CK about the future generations, they can pay for all your failures, no skin off your back! I am willing to pay for the failures NOW on my back. I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today! But in reality you are not willing to ever make that payment. Kick that can, kick it down the road two years at a time.

Romney is the wrong answer. The answer that preludes a repeated 2009-2011.
Just like Bush knew there was a housing bubble, but kicked that can down the road. Worked out well, huh?!?
Just like Bush knew he needed more troops, but still put a light footprint down. Worked out well huh?!?
Just like Bush knew that Medicare Part D would become an unfunded liability on future generations, he passed it anyways. I do not see that working to our best interest either.
Department of homeland security, TSA, not opening more of America to energy resources. Just keep kicking those god damned f^cking cans on down the road.
Romney, another can kicked down the road.

astonerii on April 23, 2012 at 10:37 PM

JPeterman on April 23, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Pointless to criticize him, he does not play on my team. When the other side is busy self destructing, leave them alone!

astonerii on April 23, 2012 at 10:38 PM

astonerii on April 23, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Breitbart was funny, articulate, courageous and he was able to turn the tactics that the left uses on the left to hilarious results. He hurt them and made them abandon each other. He got results while the rest of us were pulling ourselves off the canvas. That’s why people loved him.

People hate you because you are a f-ing moron. No hypocrisy there.

He used to re-tweet the stupidest, most ironic invective he would receive. Your idiocy would have brought him a chuckle.

V7_Sport on April 24, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Bmore on April 21, 2012 at 11:38 PM

How can you be so confident of that? There is no evidence to back up your premise.

Someone in particular here had/has a beef with Breitbart; whether that beef is legit or not hasn’t been the person’s primary point of concern, the person’s primary point of concern has been to control the the conversation. Don’t believe that? Then explain why the person I’m referring to has for months now been irrationally and recklessly personalizing nearly every disagreement anyone has with him – people don’t go on personal rampages against dissenters unless they have impure, selfish motives from the start.

As was said here,

Noelie on April 22, 2012 at 9:25 AM

astonerii is an obnoxious hypocrite, and obnoxious hypocrites deserve the same respect they show others i.e. none.

Bizarro No. 1 on April 24, 2012 at 6:29 AM

People hate you because you are a f-ing moron. No hypocrisy there.

V7_Sport on April 24, 2012 at 1:20 AM

And yet, your emulations of him have accomplished nothing… I guess you are even worse off than I am.

astonerii on April 24, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on April 24, 2012 at 6:29 AM

I have seen your posts. You are obnoxious, many people agree to this. You are also a hypocrite. So, you deserve no respect.

astonerii on April 24, 2012 at 8:58 AM

astonerii on April 24, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Oh, I am a dreaded hypocrite because you say so!!! You are so morally righteous, you put both 0bamessiah and Jesus to shame!

Don’t you have some more crying to do about how you are a good person who is sooooo unfairly misunderstood here by all of the meanies, while you do nothing other than make personal attack after personal attack against everyone who disagrees with you? You are such a whiny LOSER – how can you face yourself in the mirror and think you are an adult?! LOL :)

Bizarro No. 1 on April 24, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Bizarro No. 1 on April 24, 2012 at 12:27 PM

For being a hypocrite, you might want to look at your argument you make against me and understand something.

Why don’t you go through this thread and count up the number of personal attacks made against me and the number of personal attacks I made against another. Compare those two. While you are at it, you should cut and paste them, put them in context and then determine which ones are pure blatant simple personal attacks and which ones are statements description that you took as a personal attack.

astonerii on April 24, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Here is a full list of direct personal attacks between me and another person from the first full 100 comments on this thread. I do not know, I just do not see a single one where I attacked anyone directly.

I knew you were a MOBY. I hope that gets you banned.

V7_Sport on April 20, 2012 at 9:35 PM

astowhatever.Go to Hell you piece of sh.t!

sandee on April 20, 2012 at 9:40 PM

What’s that at the bottom left hair area? “I retweet it to remind them that know I know exactly who they are.”

And we know who you are, freak. Thank you, Andrew.

Pablo on April 20, 2012 at 9:42 PM

It’s now confirmed that you are freaking loon. Enjoy voting for Obama you POS.

JPeterman on April 20, 2012 at 9:43 PM

so you are nothing but a homophobe?

uncommon sense on April 20, 2012 at 9:46 PM

If you didn’t know astoner was a dick before, well, now you do.

WeekendAtBernankes on April 20, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Most O-bot trolls are.

Rational Thought on April 20, 2012 at 9:48 PM

You’ll just forget about all the rest of his career. The same old one-note samba. Keep it up, a$$hat.

gryphon202 on April 20, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Really? Really?

I want to knock your block off. You deserve to be banned, tarred and feathered and then rolled into a camel’s armpit full of fleas.

You are a horrid person.

Key West Reader on April 20, 2012 at 9:49 PM

And the moby tries damage control.

underemployed on April 20, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Keep dgging, Church Lady

katy the mean old lady on April 20, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Shove off, O-bot. You blew your cover.

Rational Thought on April 20, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Obama puts dog meat in his mouth..

His followers put another meat in theirs.

Electrongod on April 20, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Concern troll is concerned.

/PBBBBBBBT!

gryphon202 on April 20, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Awwww. The O-bots didn’t like Andrew Breitbart. Shocka!

Rational Thought on April 20, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Do you give a greasy brown shit about the constitution and freedom? Because somehow I think you and I are on different pages here, that is assuming that you aren’t a snivelling MOBY, which I’m really beginning to wonder about.

gryphon202 on April 20, 2012 at 9:59 PM

astonerii on April 24, 2012 at 1:59 PM

astonerii on April 24, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Hypocrite? Yeah, I’m hypocrite because…you say so? LOL

You keep calling me a hypocrite as you defend yourself from all of the “undeserved” attacks against you, and I’ll keep laughing at your pathetic attempts to deflect attention away from the fact that you can’t rationally defend yourself against the charge that you are an exceptionally abusive person, which you prove every time you personally attack anyone who disagrees with your self-assessment that you are a saint, ok, you poor, poor, victimized crybaby? :)

Bizarro No. 1 on April 25, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Hypocrite? Yeah, I’m hypocrite because…you say so? LOL

Bizarro No. 1 on April 25, 2012 at 11:49 AM

No, because I provided evidence of your hypocrisy. You say I am the one throwing around personal attacks, well, I did not attack a single person that was on this thread for at least 100 posts, with over twenty posts attacking me.

Recognize this? You personally attacking me? Now go find the post where I attacked you.

Bizarro No. 1 on April 21, 2012 at 8:13 AM