Uh oh: Obama 47, Romney 42, Gary Johnson 6

posted at 7:16 pm on April 19, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via BuzzFeed. Dude, I’m nervous.

I know what you’re thinking: The damned libertarians are going to blow it by pulling a Nader on Romney. Is that what the data says, though? That 11 percent among indies does fit with a “disaffected Paul fans ready to go third party” narrative, but look closely at the first table. The only group among which Johnson pulls double digits is … “very liberal” voters, who I assume prefer him to O either because they’re disgruntled that Obama didn’t deliver single-payer yet or whatever and are looking for a protest vote or because they really, really like Johnson’s platform on legalizing drugs.

But never mind them. Check out the staggering split between The One and Romney among “somewhat conservative” voters and, especially, “moderates.” I expect the latter group to tilt Democratic simply because liberals tend to be more reluctant to define themselves as liberal than conservatives are in defining themselves as conservatives, but a 60/33 split seems astounding. Also, note that O is a net +70 among “somewhat liberal” voters but Mitt is just +47 among “somewhat conservative” ones. Again, I think that’s partly to do with how voters define themselves: “Somewhat conservatives” really are somewhat conservative but “somewhat liberals” are solidly liberal yet less inclined to fully embrace that. As such, Obama’s bound to do better with them than Mitt will with “somewhat conservatives.” But even so — between that group and “moderates,” you’re seeing many more Obama voters in the mix than I’d expect. Which is to say, it’s not Gary Johnson and the libertarians who are killing Romney here (especially since there are “very liberal” voters in Johnson’s base), it’s centrist Republicans and moderate Democrats, a pattern we also saw in that Pew poll on Tuesday about strong support for Romney among tea partiers and weaker support among neutrals. He needs to close the gap with the middle, badly. But then, that’s what the general election “Etch-a-Sketch” strategy is all about.

Follow the link for additional data about the veepstakes. Exit question: Chris Christie helps Romney as VP more (marginally more) than either Jeb Bush or Mike Huckabee do? Never would I have guessed.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7 8

Are shrimps spineless?

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:03 AM

It would explain why you never have to see a chiropractor.

MelonCollie on April 20, 2012 at 12:06 AM

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Pay your debt, welsher.

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Are shrimps spineless?

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:03 AM

It would explain why you never have to see a chiropractor.

MelonCollie on April 20, 2012 at 12:06 AM

She’s just confused, all her life she has been told to grow a spine..

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:07 AM

It would explain why you never have to see a chiropractor.

MelonCollie on April 20, 2012 at 12:06 AM

You can’t pretend to be a libertarian and then say Hayek’s books are “right-wing propaganda”. Learn the lesson for your next attempt at some other site.

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:08 AM

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:07 AM

You’re owed nothing, except to be laughed off the site.

MelonCollie on April 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Welsher.

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I read the bet. You should be long gone.

ddrintn on April 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM

You can’t pretend to be a libertarian

I got kicked out of the liberaltarian party after “free weed, dude” became a core belief and I wouldn’t support it.

then say Hayek’s books are “right-wing propaganda”.

I didn’t mention Hayek, little girl, I mentioned Coulter and Limbaugh.

MelonCollie on April 20, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Murf76 on April 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Okay, then you get Romney in office…then what? Support all the liberal spending and “reaching across the isle” because he has an “R” after his name. Wake up man! There is no difference between Romney or Obama…either one is a road to destruction.

dom89031 on April 19, 2012 at 11:36 PM

No, garment render, how about you get your sorry butt in gear and work hard to clean up the GOP or start a viable third party.

But that would be hard, tireless and probably thankless work. It’s much easier to rend some garments and moan about Romney = Obama and not having the pragmatism or foresight to use that four years wisely.

You ABRs are idiots. Really. I’ve tried to listen and consider your arguments, but they are really no better than liberal arguments – everything’s about your idiot feelings rather than looking upon it as an opportunity.

kim roy on April 20, 2012 at 12:11 AM

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Welsher.

I read the bet. You should be long gone.

ddrintn on April 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Everybody can read the bet. That’s why I include a link to it:

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:12 AM

MelonCollie on April 20, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Good try, but it’s too late for you.

Plus, I use Hayek and you come up with two pundits? Someone needs to read some books.
joana on April 19, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I’ve read some books. I found them to be full of far-right-wing propaganda, written for an audience with the IQ of houseplants and the critical thinking skills of a goldfish.
MelonCollie on April 19, 2012 at 11:57 PM

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Good try, but it’s too late for you.

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM

To not be misquoted by a pouty-faced little girl? Yes it is.

MelonCollie on April 20, 2012 at 12:15 AM

They forgot the following table to add so here it is:

common-sense IQ___________OBAMA_________NOT_OBAMA-VOTE

Room temperature_<40______100___________0
stupid___________100______10___________90

O and what the correlation is between common-sense IQ and the academic IQ, quite a few –not all– with a high academic IQ are pretty stupid when it gets to common-sense.

huntingmoose on April 20, 2012 at 12:15 AM

To not be misquoted by a pouty-faced little girl? Yes it is.

MelonCollie on April 20, 2012 at 12:15 AM

This is the proud Romney army, as clueless and lying as their master.

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:16 AM

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM

It’s the video welsher.

You posted the video and he says exactly what I said: “I like being able to fire people who provide services to me. You know, if someone doesn’t give me the good service I need, I want to say, you know, I’m going to go get someone else to provide that service to me”,

Word by word!

Did he say “I love firing people”? Uh oh.

Welsher.

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:16 AM

huntingmoose on April 20, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I read an interesting quote on a Russian site:

Education – its what turns clueless into incompetent

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I read an interesting quote on a Russian site:

Education – its what turns clueless into incompetent

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM

That would explain why jowaaahna dropped out of school in 6th grade.

MelonCollie on April 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Man up joana, and be gone.

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I read an interesting quote on a Russian site:

Education – its what turns clueless into incompetent

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Brilliant.

Not the time has come for you to stop welshing and pay your debt.

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:19 AM

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Just dropped in and caught the last page or so of comments. Joana is right and Riddick is wrong. Dude, it’s right there in the clip. RMoney™ never says “I love to fire people….”

I’m no fan of Joana’s but she is right here.

cynccook on April 20, 2012 at 12:19 AM

looks my table did not come through correctly, so here is it again..

common-sense IQ____OBAMA___NOT_OBAMA-VOTE

below 50_____________100_____0
over 100______________10_____90

huntingmoose on April 20, 2012 at 12:20 AM

That would explain why jowaaahna dropped out of school in 6th grade.

MelonCollie on April 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM

You’re way too optimistic, I was betting on 3rd, maybe 4th grade, when reading comprehension is still an issue.

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:20 AM

One of you owes me some $. Which one ?

Bmore on April 20, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Can any of those GOP insiders explain to me why they lied to us with the comment that Romney would get the precious moderate vote?

Or is this poll just a flat out lie and BS?

huntingmoose on April 20, 2012 at 12:22 AM

cynccook on April 20, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Riiigghhht…

What did I say LSM will run?

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I’m no fan of Joana’s but she is right here.

cynccook on April 20, 2012 at 12:19 AM

We need a movement to put pressure on the welsher to pay his debts. This isn’t about likes or dislikes, Romney or not-Romney. It’s a basic foundation of the Western civilization as we know it.

Proposing a bet, losing it and then welshing is totally unacceptable. Insults and whatnot are one thing, but this is absolutely inadmissible.

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Why on Earth was this controversy going on for days, and he backtracked and explained himself, if he never said what he said?

Sure, he doesn’t really like to “fire people”, point blank, but it did come out of his mouth awkwardly and will be on tapes, forever.

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:23 AM

kim roy on April 20, 2012 at 12:11 AM

It is impossible as long as mindless sheep such as yourself continue to be brainwashed by FoxNews and TalkRadio. If you had a mind of your own you would clearly see that Romeny is just as bad as Obama. You silly freak, I hope your watching re-runs of Hannity right now to gather your thoughts otherwise your brain has stopped working and your are drooling on your key board you retard…I’m not ABR…I’m NBP!!! Wake the F**k up!

We have been working for the past four years, but since you can’t get your stupid eyeball off of FoxNews you wouldn’t know…Take a looky F**ktard:

dom89031 on April 20, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Or is this poll just a flat out lie and BS?

huntingmoose on April 20, 2012 at 12:22 AM

It’s Allahpundit trying to come up with something to talk about more than anything. The day is long, my friend. The day is long.

cynccook on April 20, 2012 at 12:24 AM

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Pay your debt, welsher.

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Or is this poll just a flat out lie and BS?

huntingmoose on April 20, 2012 at 12:22 AM

They are still working on it. We’ll hear the results, say, by November 7th…

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:24 AM

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Just because your lawyer says “you won” you didn’t.

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Paul has never voted for anything but limited government…for 30 years! Its the other spineless politicians that don’t know what limited government means. Romney does not either.

dom89031 on April 20, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Don’t care who ya are…that right there, is funny.

If Paul was that commited (no pun intended) then why stick around in Congress for 30 years? He could have done 1-2 terms tops, and still be a outsider and run 3rd Party.

But I digress.

Did you miss the part about being blacked out by nearly every news org of any size? The whole gamut, from Faux News to See-BS? Not to mention that to much of Real America(tm), even suggesting that we not be the worlds cop is political heresy? Not to mention any time a poll came out where he had the faintest glimmer of hope, not a few rightwingers went completely ape$hit. I saw it happen RIGHT HERE.

A bit contradictory, but let me wade in here. Paul isn’t being blocked because he’s a 3rd party persona he’s being blocked because at best, he’s a cranky old cuss.

Now usually i wouldn’t have a problem with that, but for anyone to try to play the “they’re ignoring me!’ card on his behalf is missing the point…He had 30 years to get his word out…newsletters…Internet. But he still can’t get past Green Party status?

But at the same time you say the Hawks (Americans) don’t support him because he doesn’t support “Foreign Adventurism” which btw would include our “special relationship” with countries like the UK or Israel. But then again, maybe Americans don’t like the idea of someone so readily willing to throw our allies over the side like unwanted crusts of bread from a sandwich.

Yeah he can get his message out there, but he’s basically on his lonesome for everything. He gets no support from the left because he’d reject their welfare-for-votes ideology, and I don’t think I need to repeat what the right thinks about him.

And I repeat, he’s already getting his message out…what you don’t like is that maybe, just maybe, not everyone agrees with most of the message or the messenger, and its nothing more than that.

As I stated before…if Paul were to have a serious epiphany on most of his foreign policy issues, I could see my way to support him, but it ain’t likely. His son Rand is more likely to get a serious look from me, but I want him vetted to see how far down the checklist his views are in relation to his dad before that support goes his way.

When he isn’t shouted down, he’s deliberately kept under the radar. And it looks like a ‘net campaign simply can’t make up for that.

MelonCollie on April 20, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Using the Internet is a means to an end, not the only way itself. If the message isn’t in line with the audience, it doesn’t matter what the medium is thats translating the message. hats why the MSM gets its butt handed to itself when sites like Breitbart or Mediate show them up and their ratings go down like a anchor.

BlaxPac on April 20, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Riiigghhht…

What did I say LSM will run?

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Did you claim with great fanfare that Rmoney™ said “I love to fire people…” or not?

cynccook on April 20, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Keep repeating yourself. Listen to what others said.

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Just not to lawyers.

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Now look here, I’m in bad need of my money!/

Bmore on April 20, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Good lord, Joana is still lurking about. Just last night she was arguing with me that voter enthusiasm isn’t an important factor in Presidential elections. I figured her brain had finally melted. My mistake, I guess.

Buckshot Bill on April 20, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:23 AM

LSM’s onslaught with this will be horrendous. HuffPost already gave us a preview, a full on twitter attack to follow nearer the election. As will be his son’s and his own clips saying Obama is a nice guy/Obama is doing a good job.

Anyone still doubting Romney should be GOP nominee is missing the entire picture.

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:23 AM

What? Of course he said what he said. He said this:

As the video posted by the welsher proved.

What he never said was “I love firing people”.

This became a controversy because Obama and his allies fabricated some outrage, just like they made it with the cookie bakery in Pennsylvania and Seamus, the dog that wasn’t eaten.

That’s why the welsher needs to pay his debt: he was wrong on what Romney really said because he believed Obama. That’s a lesson for you kids: believing in Obama will eventually turn you into a welsh with no self-respect:

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I figured her brain had finally melted. My mistake, I guess.

Buckshot Bill on April 20, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Grave mistake. Assuming there is a brain.

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:28 AM

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:27 AM

You migth be wrong on this, but not on the bet. Any jury would be on your side.

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Now look here, I’m in bad need of my money!/

Bmore on April 20, 2012 at 12:26 AM

I heard Romney is paying well.

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:28 AM

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Pay your debts, welsher.

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:29 AM

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:28 AM

You have always been a whiner, and are a horrible loser tonight, in more ways than one.

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:29 AM

You migth be wrong on this, but not on the bet. Any jury would be on your side.

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:28 AM

My biggest fear is not that Romney will lose, but that he will drag the rest of the ticket down with him. Having enough votes in both Senate/House even with Hussein in power is not as bad as Hussein staying put AND having Senate and maybe House on his side.

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:30 AM

cynccook on April 20, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Yes, that’s what the welsher did.

Plus, he agreed with this bet:

If I find a video of Romney saying “I like being able to fire people who provide services to me. You know, if someone doesn’t give me the good service I need, I want to say, you know, I’m going to go get someone else to provide that service to me”, you’re the one out.

Are you going to man up and take the wager or are you going to prove everybody you’re a troll?

joana on April 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Then this video of Romney saying those exact words popped up:

Yet the welsher keeps posting here! Unacceptable.

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:31 AM

riddick, here’s a bet you can safely make – joana will be whining for days about this, heck for months. Don’t ever pay.

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:32 AM

BlaxPac on April 20, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Dude, your just another Hannity/Levin/Limbaugh brainwashed drone. Go Vote for your Conservative hero Romney and enjoy Obama for another four :)

dom89031 on April 20, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Yet the welsher keeps posting here! Unacceptable.

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:31 AM

If he’s a Ron Paul supporter, I fear you may be wasting your breath.

cynccook on April 20, 2012 at 12:32 AM

What he never said was “I love firing people”.

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:28 AM

So its a Darth Vader never said, “Luke, I am your father.” thing, then?

You are one nit-picking internet harpy. I could almost applaud you.

Buckshot Bill on April 20, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Your comments -> riddick on April 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM.

If you were making it a general statement, then that’s one thing…but the structure of your post seemed to be geared towards me in particular…

BlaxPac on April 19, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Never really did a answer from you, Riddick…were you directing your post at me or in general?

BlaxPac on April 20, 2012 at 12:33 AM

So its a Darth Vader never said, “Luke, I am your father.” thing, then?

You are one nit-picking internet harpy. I could almost applaud you.

Buckshot Bill on April 20, 2012 at 12:32 AM

But if the dude insisted that Rmoney™ said “I love to fire people…” and he didn’t (per the clip), he’s wrong and should admit it.

cynccook on April 20, 2012 at 12:34 AM

So its a Darth Vader never said, “Luke, I am your father.” thing, then?

You are one nit-picking internet harpy. I could almost applaud you.

Buckshot Bill on April 20, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Nope.

joana on April 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM

He took this bet.

A video was produced with Romney saying ““I like being able to fire people who provide services to me. You know, if someone doesn’t give me the good service I need, I want to say, you know, I’m going to go get someone else to provide that service to me”.

He needs to go.

Simple.

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:34 AM

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:30 AM

He must go. I think he is insane. I used to think he’s just a passive-aggressive narcissist, but there is more wrong with him. His speeches of the last months are enough for 5 psychology theses.

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I knew this even before I proposed the bet. I learned to ignore liberals long time ago, nothing new here, simply wanted to see how a Romney supporter will act. Not that we needed more proof.

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:34 AM

All I can say is that not in our wildest dreams, when we fought to leave USSR, had we imagined that we will be living under a communist rule in USA.

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:36 AM

joana is also a good case for a thesis.

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:37 AM

cynccook on April 20, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I can tell you this much, if Newt (or Santy) says, “I hate to fire people.”, the very next day Romney will say, “I love to fire people.” He’s very easily manipulated this way.

Maybe we can get Newt to say, “I love not eating dogs.” Would be worth a laugh to see Romney’s response.

Buckshot Bill on April 20, 2012 at 12:38 AM

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Hahaha, right, it was just a scientific experience. It wasn’t a real bet.

Welsher. Pay your debt, deadbeat.

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:38 AM

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Wait. You proposed the bet? You mean you really did bet that Rmoney™ used the words “I love to fire people…” and now you refuse to admit that he didn’t actually say that?

cynccook on April 20, 2012 at 12:38 AM

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:36 AM

It’s more than that, way more, and so close after 9/11.

The people who brought him are all at fault, including many from the right (R) side.

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Remind me again, how much was the bet?

Bmore on April 20, 2012 at 12:39 AM

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:34 AM

You should have made the bet for $10,000. That would have been funnier.

Buckshot Bill on April 20, 2012 at 12:39 AM

joana is also a good case for a thesis.

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:37 AM

I thought “Lobotomy as Improvement” was already researched?

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:40 AM

In court

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Remind me again, how much was the bet?

Bmore on April 20, 2012 at 12:39 AM

C’mon, let’s do this.

If you find a video of Romney saying “I love to fire people”, I’m outta here. I promise I’ll never type another post on Hotair under this or any other screenname.

joana on April 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM

The deadbeat has been welshing for dozens of posts now. Shame. This kind of behavior can’t be tolerated. It simply can’t.

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Remind me again, how much was the bet?

Bmore on April 20, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Hi B! These people aren’t very nice over here, are they?

cynccook on April 20, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Rmoney™

Bmore on April 20, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Remind me again, how much was the bet?

Bmore on April 20, 2012 at 12:39 AM

In RomneyUniverse, would that be before breakfast or after lunch? You know, things change on the go…

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I thought “Lobotomy as Improvement” was already researched?

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:40 AM

No need for this.

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:41 AM

You should have made the bet for $10,000. That would have been funnier.

Buckshot Bill on April 20, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I’m fairly sure the welsher would still welsh on that one too. Deadbeats are deadbeats are deadbeats.

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Rmoney™

Bmore on April 20, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Hey, for no good reason….

cynccook on April 20, 2012 at 12:42 AM

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:42 AM

You can repeat it a million times and you win nothing.

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:43 AM

These people aren’t very nice over here, are they?

cynccook on April 20, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Delusions are indignant, often.

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:45 AM

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:42 AM

But at least you have the satisfaction of knowing that you’re right!

cynccook on April 20, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I’m just watching who will want to be Romney’s running mate. Not who he wants, but who wants him. Should be interesting.

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Rmoney™

Bmore on April 20, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Exactly. He says I like being able to fire people who provide services to me. You know, if someone doesn’t give me the good service I need, I want to say, you know, I’m going to go get someone else to provide that service to me.

Bet:

joana on April 19, 2012 at 11:34 PM

THe welsher needs to be pressured to pay his debt. Trust forms the foundation for effective and successful in-site interactions. This deadbeat can’t get away with his destructive welshing.

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Hi B! These people aren’t very nice over here, are they?

cynccook on April 20, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Why heIIfire, there ain’t any dag gum money involved. Dang it!

Bmore on April 20, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Should be interesting.

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:45 AM

It will be the biggest decision he’ll make and he might surprise. I don’t like him at all, not any more. Liked him in 2008 but this run has exposed a lot. Whom he picks might change things.

One thing he has picked up, on the positive, is being tougher on the charlatan in chief.

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:47 AM

But at least you have the satisfaction of knowing that you’re right!

cynccook on April 20, 2012 at 12:45 AM

This isn’t about me; rather about not allowing a welsher to get away with it.

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Hey, for no good reason….

cynccook on April 20, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Never need a reason for that there. ; )

Bmore on April 20, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Only in the past month or so, may be less. That’s the issue, by now he provided Hussein with a good number of sound bites that will be used against him. Anyone calling him smart and tough should take a really good look, he does get flustered under pressure.

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:50 AM

joana on April 20, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Hey, what do you have against those of us with Celtic blood? :)

uncommon sense on April 20, 2012 at 12:50 AM

This “damn libertarian” is voting for Romney…I’m not stupid. This is NOT the time to be pulling this third party stunt. The stakes are too GD high.

sage0925 on April 19, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Yes the stakes are too high.
Lately,it seems common sense and logic are becoming a rare commodity around here.

redridinghood on April 20, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Never need a reason for that there. ; )

Bmore on April 20, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Shall we leave these people to their misery and head back to QOTD? I have a real cutie for you over there!

cynccook on April 20, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Romney Fact #1: Mitt Romney’s children have refused to play Monopoly with him since the time he spent 4 hours trying to hot-glue the scottie dog on top of the racecar.

Buckshot Bill on April 20, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Buckshot Bill on April 20, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Niiiice. LOL

cynccook on April 20, 2012 at 12:53 AM

A jury would never side with joana on this. Anything else is kindergarten. It will continue for hours.

Never hire the lawyers in this thread to defend you.

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:54 AM

I have a real cutie for you over there!

cynccook on April 20, 2012 at 12:50 AM

I’m there looking.

Bmore on April 20, 2012 at 12:55 AM

riddick, I think technically speaking joana is correct.

Bmore on April 20, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Interesting discussion on this subject on DC right now. Looks like more and more people are waking up, problem is with GOP already settling on the candidate when we do have time, still, to select someone good.

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 1:01 AM

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Just for grins, if he picks Ron or Rand a s a VP candidate, would your opinion or posts for Romney or Paul Sr. improve or worsen?

Not that it matters much to me per se, but just as an interesting aside.

BTW, you mentioned you’re a former resident of the USSR…I don’t want to assume you mean the Motherland herself or are you referring to one of the former “Client States”?…and may I ask when you arrived to our shores?…this isn’t meant as snark but as a genuine interest POV.

BlaxPac on April 20, 2012 at 1:03 AM

It seems to me that in this joana/riddick fight, joana won.

She said find me a video where Romney says “I love firing people”… Then Riddick posted a video of Romney saying “I like firing people”

To me, this appears to be a clear case of not reading the fine print on Riddick’s part.

He was to find a video using love, he provided a video saying like.

SauerKraut537 on April 20, 2012 at 1:07 AM

SauerKraut537 on April 20, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Don’t invest your 401k on what a jury would decide.

The entire exercise is puerile. This is the biggest political season in history and no one will care about the nuance of a word. He backtracked as fast as he awkwardly said it. No on cares by now, except the 3 people who won’t matter.

Schadenfreude on April 20, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Not that it matters much to me per se, but just as an interesting aside.

BlaxPac on April 20, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Well, just for grins, it doesn’t matter to me one way or another who Romney picks, I’m just curious who wants to take a big gamble on their career with Romney as running mate.

We left USSR in Feb 1972, after being refused at first, took close to 2 years. They gave us 11 days to get the hell out, get all the papers ready (at that time you were required to get written permission from your parents/ex spouses/etc, all took a lot of time and effort sine people were afraid to provide such), pay them for declining their citizenship (a year worth of salary for each) and leave. Went to Israel at first, faced the Yom Kippur War. Then came to USA via Italy, took 3+ months to apply for USA entry.

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Alright, first things first.

Third parties have a tendency to poll a lot better than they actually perform. There are many reasons for this, part of it is because polling unlike voting is a passive experience. Part of it is because when push comes to shove a lot of people who would like to vote third party absolutely have to vote against that other guy, and so on and so forth.

Also keep in mind, that libertarians aren’t even going to be on the ticket in many states. Not only that, but try to look at that number within context of where we are right now. We’ve just gotten off a bruising primary, and many conservatives are still so upset with Romney that they’d vote for anybody who wasn’t Romney or Obama. That said, if its a one on one contest, most of them would vote for Romney, and we have months for these fences to mend.

We still really haven’t hit the Romney honeymoon stage yet, and he’s already up above Obama in what are traditionally the more accurate polls. Assuming that the scars left from the primary heal decently, Romney shouldn’t have much to worry about from the libertarian candidate, even if they do good wide ballot access.

WolvenOne on April 20, 2012 at 1:23 AM

riddick on April 20, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I don’t care how you did things on Soviet Russia, welsher.

Here, people of honor pay their debts.

joana on April 20, 2012 at 1:24 AM

The government has grown too big. People need to be fired & programs need to be cut.

redridinghood on April 20, 2012 at 1:25 AM

It seems to me that in this joana/riddick fight, joana won.
SauerKraut537 on April 20, 2012 at 1:07 AM

I won’t win until the welsher is forced to pay the debt.

joana on April 20, 2012 at 1:25 AM