Dick Morris: Dem gender gap claims are bogus!

posted at 4:01 pm on April 19, 2012 by Tina Korbe

It seems like every poll tells the same story: “Big lead with women gives Obama an edge on Romney.” Republicans are losing women, the narrative goes. OK, so women are more likely to favor Obama at this point than Romney — but men are more likely to favor Romney than Obama and you never hear Democrats fretting that Obama is losing men.

As Dick Morris explains in this video, the so-called gender gap between Romney and Obama is actually nothing new. Republicans have been more likely to lead among men and Democrats have been more likely to lead among women since about the time of Roe v. Wade. Morris notes that, in the latest Rasmussen poll, Obama runs 12 points better than Romney among women — just as, in 2008, he ran 12 points better than McCain among women. But McCain lost, you say? According to Morris, the Democratic candidate almost always runs 12 points better than the Republican among women.

What’s different — and, really, what’s very bold, given its settled status in their favor — is that Democrats are trying to make gender politics new again. If anything, their “war on women” rhetoric has just created an opening for Republicans to win over women whose votes they’ve never had.

To be sure, that’s not really happening. As Kirsten Powers reported in her column this week, unmarried women — who briefly flirted with the GOP in 2010 — are again attracted to the Democratic Party. So far, Romney’s strategy in the women wars — with a couple exceptions — has been to appropriate liberal language and positions for himself. But as Heather MacDonald writes, if core truths — especially of the economic variety — don’t win women’s votes, they’re not worth it. I’d add to MacDonald’s observation that core truths of the cultural variety can yet touch women, as well. Some women evidently identify a support for abortion with concern for women (why else have the Dems won women since Roe v. Wade?) — but younger generations are increasingly pro-life and that’s true of younger women, too. Romney doesn’t need to worry about losing women who’ve always voted Democrat; he should be cheering at the chance to win over relatively new female voters whose loyalties haven’t solidified yet.

Click the image to watch.

Comments

…and water is wet…

PatriotRider on April 19, 2012 at 4:03 PM

PBHO is way ahead on the ugly-woman vote, also known as do…ok I’ll stop here while I’m still alive.

Bishop on April 19, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Toe sucker should know.

lorien1973 on April 19, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Well, even if the gender gap is true it wouldn’t surprise me. Women tend not to be as logical as men. Go ahead hate an me all you want for that statement. But Women are just slightly better then blacks on what determines who gets their vote.

The Notorious G.O.P on April 19, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Why is Dick Morris wearing an orange prison jumpsuit? Does he have a “naughty prison guard” hooker off camera?

Rational Thought on April 19, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Women tend not to be as logical as men.

Obama is clean and articulate, what else do you need?

NoDonkey on April 19, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Nobody knows as much about bogus as Dick Morris.

Archivarix on April 19, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Dick Morris is a deranged blowhard who only became obsessed with defeating Democrats after he was spurned by the Clintons. If you can’t be accepted by them, try (and fail) to attack them.

inthemiddle on April 19, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Now there’s a nice screencap. Man, that dude is huge. Someone should photoshop Salacious B. Crumb in his lap.

Doughboy on April 19, 2012 at 4:11 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on April 19, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Not a knock on the ladies but they do tend make decisions based on how they feel rather than logic or outcomes. I think what makes conservative woman so special is that they still have they emotions and nurturing nature but can just as easily apply logic and reason to their decision making. Liberal woman just want free birth control and abortions.

jawkneemusic on April 19, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Dude sucked toes.

Red Cloud on April 19, 2012 at 4:13 PM

What brand of shirt is that?

Dick is exactly dead on with this one. Where Romney can really win people over is his “inclusive” campaign rather than Obama’s divisive style. I believe women are more receptive to the notion that Romney would be President of ALL Americans. There’s a long time yet, but I think Romney is little by little, point by point, win the women over. Besides, Ann Althouse thinks he’s “a dreamboat” so that can’t hurt either.

Great video, Dick.

crosspatch on April 19, 2012 at 4:13 PM

where the fvck is angry Ed? I’m sure you have something to say about polls and stuff.

DHChron on April 19, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Morris is a good looking guy, isn’t he. And, a conservative. Did you know that? Has apparently been in the closet all along.:)
Seems this all boils down to free contraception/abortion at will vs economic stability and a future for the kids. Probably a good snapshot of our society.

a capella on April 19, 2012 at 4:14 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on April 19, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Decidedly half-witted statements like this give rise to why some women won’t vote R. Fortunately, most R’s aren’t as ridiculous as you seem to be and Obama’s notoriously poor treatment of women in his administration will eventually help Romney.

Slainte on April 19, 2012 at 4:14 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on April 19, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Look I can play your game: Men tend to be more violent and think with body parts other than their brain.

Only I don’t think that is true, and stereotypes are stupid.

Kristamatic on April 19, 2012 at 4:16 PM

The Democrat Party’s War on Men is ongoing.

Fenris on April 19, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Who told Morris that orange is a good color for him?

karenhasfreedom on April 19, 2012 at 4:16 PM

DHChron on April 19, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Yeah, hang on, I got this one.

Duuuuuuuuuuuhhhuhuhuhh… this is totally illegitimate! Any poll that has Obama tied or down is illegitimate!

I know you are but what am I!

Red Cloud on April 19, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Any woman ever thinking of having children or grandchildren should know that a vote for 0bama is a vote to put them into indentured servitude to pay for his big spendin…er…ahh..investing in failed enterprises.

No jobs.
More unemployed.
Huge debt run up.

If that won’t change women’s minds on the SCFness of SCOAMF, nothing will and we are headed into the black zone.

jukin3 on April 19, 2012 at 4:17 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on April 19, 2012 at 4:07 PM

ouch…stop with the truth and stuff

DHChron on April 19, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Funny…that orange extravaganza screamed Pumpkin to me.

LetsBfrank on April 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM

jawkneemusic on April 19, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Flattery will get you everywhere :)

gophergirl on April 19, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Slainte on April 19, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Emotional response.

jawkneemusic on April 19, 2012 at 4:20 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on April 19, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Ouch…insulting women and blacks in a single comment. You’re wrong, but it would be illogical to hate you for it. Just don’t do it again.

Dee2008 on April 19, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Flattery will get you everywhere :)
gophergirl on April 19, 2012 at 4:20 PM

At least I could make you smile. :)

jawkneemusic on April 19, 2012 at 4:24 PM

President Rice has no problem with the gender gap.

/Morris 2007

mankai on April 19, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Emotional response.

jawkneemusic on April 19, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Nope. It’s a logical assessment of his ridiculously stereotypical and thoughtless comment.

Slainte on April 19, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Obama: War on Women

Clinton: On Women

Explains why Billy Jeff hasn’t been out there campaiging for Obama.

fogw on April 19, 2012 at 4:26 PM

At least I could make you smile. :)

jawkneemusic on April 19, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I do agree that women are more apt to make decisions with their emotions. That is not slam against us – it’s true.

What you said IMO is spot on. That’s why being a conservative woman is a badge of honor for me. It’s like the best of everything.

gophergirl on April 19, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Look, men may be more logical about some things, but if we are going to play that game, women tend to be more intuitive. I can intuit when someone is trouble. I can see how a man can see this as illogical. Even silly, stupid SAHM’s like me know that Obama’s policies are bad for their families- there really isn’t any logic necessary. My teens can’t get jobs, and my husband is barely hanging on to his- doesn’t take a rocket surgeon to know he needs to go.

Kristamatic on April 19, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Dee2008 on April 19, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I think it was intended to be insulting. It looks like a Moby comment to me.

But aside from that, do you feel that women are more, less, or as “emotionally driven” compared to men? While I have come across some women in my life that I would describe as more logic driven, my perception is that women are generally more likely than men to be persuaded by an argument with strong emotional appeal.

crosspatch on April 19, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Kristamatic on April 19, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Anecdotal, but I do know this… the women I know who are locked in for Obama (educated, upper middle class for the most part) say that this election is about “reproductive rights” (read: contraception).

That’s pretty insane.

mankai on April 19, 2012 at 4:28 PM

….
jukin3 on April 19, 2012 at 4:17 PM

What annoys me about that line of argument is the implication that men don’t care about their kids.

Fenris on April 19, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Can’t we keep talking about Obama and dogs?

Anyone else notice the obvious critter gap? I’m talking about the massive explosion of concern over our President eating dogs but not one tear shed for the snake or the grasshopper he gobbled down.

Where is the outrage, the decency, people?

LetsBfrank on April 19, 2012 at 4:28 PM

owe’bama elected president, women and children hardest hit… soon to be NYT headline! wait for it…….

Dr. Demento on April 19, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Emotional response.

jawkneemusic on April 19, 2012 at 4:20 PM

It goes like this:

Premise A: Women don’t vote for a party whose members insult them.
Premise B: Republicans post insulting comments about women.
Logical conclusion when both A and B are true: Women don’t vote for Republicans.

See how simple, and logical that is? Not emotional at all.

Dee2008 on April 19, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Love these wimmin’ generalizations. My wife is a tiny soft spoken little cutie from Newton Centa, MA that will rip the head off a liberal that talks smack in her presence. I’ve seen her do it and not one has been able to respond with any coherence when she surprises them with her peerless takes.

In our backyard beer summits I have had a couple of buddies that thought it was wise to try to get her take when they disagreed with me on some political point we were discussing, thinking they could find an ally in a woman’s perceived liberal bent. Both times I advised them not to go there. They retreated quickly.

To be truthful, I got my core political values from her. Almost 5′ of pure principaled sanity she is and when provoked is a joy to behold.

DanMan on April 19, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Does Obama get the coyote ugly vote?

BacaDog on April 19, 2012 at 4:30 PM

That’s pretty insane.

mankai on April 19, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Equally anecdotal, but in my experience, women like this are the ones who have had multiple abortions, and are looking for validation for it, or they are the ones that are super promiscuous, and want to keep that abortion door open at all costs. Those women were always going to vote for Barry anyway, regardless of logic.

Kristamatic on April 19, 2012 at 4:32 PM

My Mother, a die-hard Liberal Catholic, has always voted Democrat.

Until the Dems and Obama decided to go against the Catholic Church and the issue of Abortion/Contraception.

She was rooting for Santorum and now feels she has no one to vote for. In the end, as long as Obama keeps up this War on Women schtick, she will vote that which is closer to her faith and will vote Republican.

GadsdenRattlers on April 19, 2012 at 4:33 PM

gophergirl on April 19, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Indeed. They have the best of both worlds. They act like wonderful ladies, usually look amazing and can go toe to toe with any conservative man when it comes to making good decisions. You ladies are truly a gem in American society. America needs many more of you. :)

jawkneemusic on April 19, 2012 at 4:33 PM

It is a sad day. Levon Helm has died. And put the load right on me …

crosspatch on April 19, 2012 at 4:34 PM

DanMan on April 19, 2012 at 4:30 PM

You sir, are awesome.

Kristamatic on April 19, 2012 at 4:34 PM

All I heard was “blah blah blahbbity blah” until Morris said this:

“…well, you need to have a job before you can get equal pay.”

Only worthwhile thing The Great Pumpkin said,which Romney should use.

bigdubs on April 19, 2012 at 4:35 PM

GadsdenRattlers on April 19, 2012 at 4:33 PM

I’ll never understand how anyone who professes to follow Christ can call themselves liberal.

jawkneemusic on April 19, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Does Obama get the coyote ugly vote?

BacaDog on April 19, 2012 at 4:30 PM

heh heh heh

that was a owe’bama eats dog joke, wasn’t it?

heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh

Dr. Demento on April 19, 2012 at 4:35 PM

It goes like this:

Premise A: Women don’t vote for a party whose members insult them.
Premise B: Republicans post insulting comments about women.

See how simple, and logical that is? Not emotional at all.

Dee2008 on April 19, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Right on, Dee. Although, I will concede that dignifying The Notorious G.O.P with a response in the first place was a tad emotional.

Slainte on April 19, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Can’t we keep talking about Obama and dogs?

Where is the outrage, the decency, people?

LetsBfrank on April 19, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I’m equally concerned about the tiger they were planning on having. They’re an endangered species, you know. Was it a mother, did it have a litter to look after? Think of the child tigers that are now homeless. They probably never made anything of themselves and were unable to terrorize villages or marry a partner of their choice because of Obama’s heartless greed.

Fenris on April 19, 2012 at 4:37 PM

It’s D+50 for women unable to choose a religion, without Uncle Sugar Daddy’s help.

It’s D+65 for women who’s “men” are unable to cough up that $9 for a month of whoopie, and thereby look to Uncle Sugar Daddy for the scratch.

It’s D+35 for women who circled the wagons around a rapist, in the 1990′s, because he’s hawt.

It’s D+25 for women who are turned on by the thought of a swim with Ted Kennedy.

And finally, as someone noted above, it’s D+55 for the fugly.

MNHawk on April 19, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Has Dick Morris ever eaten a dog?

No? Well, there you are, then.

Curtiss on April 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM

DHChron on April 19, 2012 at 4:13 PM

About this time every day, her route takes her into a neighborhood where the wifi in her ice cream truck doesn’t work.

AubieJon on April 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM

DanMan on April 19, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Sounds like a fantastic woman.

gophergirl on April 19, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Yikes his new porcelain veneers must still be on back order.

Brat on April 19, 2012 at 4:39 PM

“If I had a dog, it would look like the one Obama ate”

- Confucious

NapaConservative on April 19, 2012 at 4:40 PM

crosspatch on April 19, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I don’t have any data at my fingertips, but I think you’re right that women tend to score somewhat higher on emotional response while men tend more in the direction of logical thinking. The mistake is in believing one is superior to the other. They’re two different ways to approach a problem or decision, which work best when used together. E.g., trust your gut, but get some data to back it up. The key is to get the right balance.

Dee2008 on April 19, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Premise A: Women don’t vote for a party whose members insult them.

They just vote for those who rape and kill…but promise government checks. What was Bill Clinton’s approval rating among women, again, as his crimes went from groping, to serial molestation, to credible rape accusations?

Premise B: Republicans post insulting comments about women.

Democrats just kill women. What was Ted Kennedy’s approval rating among women again?

Logical conclusion, some women frankly, just ask for it.

MNHawk on April 19, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Can’t we keep talking about Obama and dogs?

Where is the outrage, the decency, people?

LetsBfrank on April 19, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Fenris on April 19, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Exactly. War on Tigers. What we need now is a Panel on Tigers to recommend how we can reach out to the Tigers and win the Tiger vote.

LetsBfrank on April 19, 2012 at 4:44 PM

The Notorious G.O.P on April 19, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Slainte on April 19, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Poor wording perhaps – but NGOP is on the right track.
There is plenty of science that more or less says that – women tend to be more emotional than men – or more accurately men and women process emotions differently, and men definitely tend to be more analytical than women.

Here’s just a couple links worth considering:

dentarthurdent on April 19, 2012 at 4:45 PM

MNHawk on April 19, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Are you blaming conservative women for Ted Kennedy and Bill Clinton? Or are you just talking to any female trolls that might be hanging about?

Dee2008 on April 19, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Morris isn’t always right, but if Romney can hammer home the point that 92.3% of jobs lost during the Obama Administration were lost by women, Romney could pick up a lot of single-women votes.

We saw a poll earlier today where Romney was winning married women 49-42, but Obama was winning single women 62-34. If a single woman loses her job, it’s a greater loss than for a married woman, who could live (less well) on her husband’s salary while she seeks another job. So if Romney can retain the votes of married women while reducing the gap among single women by emphasizing women’s job losses under Obama, he could win the election by winning men by a greater margin than his losses among women.

Steve Z on April 19, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Dear Mr. Morris, mix in a salad every once in a while..

Thank you.

hillsoftx on April 19, 2012 at 4:50 PM

LetsBfrank on April 19, 2012 at 4:44 PM

It didn’t occur to me before, but it is rather discriminatory that animals don’t get to vote. Some reactionary conservatives actually think they can ‘own’ pets rather than care for them under the watchful eye of a sufficiently evolved local group of animal lovers. Neanderthals! And when I say ‘animal lovers’, don’t get the wrong idea. Redefining traditional marriage will never have consequences. You can trust me.

Fenris on April 19, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Romney doesn’t need to worry about losing women who’ve always voted Democrat; he should be cheering at the chance to win over relatively new female voters whose loyalties haven’t solidified yet.

Hello.

Just as he shouldn’t be worried about constantly tossing out red meat for ultra conservatives who’ve threaten to never, ever, ever, ever, no I’m not gonna, okay maybe, yeah fine I’ll vote for Romney.

The Ugly American on April 19, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Lunch Alert?

Is that like DEFCON 1 or something?

Seth Halpern on April 19, 2012 at 4:55 PM

women vote for men who wear “Mom Jeans” – OweBowMao Fail!

screwauger on April 19, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Speaking as a former typical dem voting woman, women move in groups.

If an individual changes her mind, pfft, expelled from the group, rather than changing/influencing the group. Also sadly, it is easier to target, say, a Palin for bullying -and thus signal status in a social group- than to stand up with her and bear social costs.

So the big challenge regarding women would be stampeding the herd to a new position.

The other thing about women is they can be manipulated, and blind to it. World of self-help books out there, but none of them address recognizing/leaving an abusive relationship with your political party – yet.

perries on April 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM

dentarthurdent on April 19, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I agree that women and men think differently, but object to the implication that women make stupid decisions based on emotions rather than logical reasoning. There’s nothing in the literature to suggest women make dumb decisions as a result of their gender.

In my opinion, conservative woman tend to be more reasonable and thoughtful about selecting political candidates. Rather than focusing on only one or two women-related issues and then deciding to vote for the Democrat, most conservative women consider everything from economic issues to moral integrity before pulling the lever. I’m probably biased in this thinking that conservative women are more reasonable, but then I’m just so darned emotional. :-)

Slainte on April 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Dick who?

racquetballer on April 19, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Dear Mr. Morris, mix in a salad every once in a while..

Thank you.

hillsoftx on April 19, 2012 at 4:50 PM

…lol…he has been putting it on I’ve noticed.

KOOLAID2 on April 19, 2012 at 5:07 PM

From what I have heard, Morris was a conservative Democrat, originally. He was hired by the Clinton campaign and did his job. He had a falling out with the Clintons sometime in the last four years.

He did some dumb things while working for the Clintons, no question. Afterwards, his wife, Eileen Gann, was going to divorce him. I have no idea what happened, but they still appear to be married, so he must grovel well.

He has been on the Republican side since, albeit mostly allied with the establishment wing of the party. Be that as it may, the guy is very sharp and knows his job, which includes interpreting the polls. He was one of the persons who predicted the 2010 blowout early in the campaign. I pay attention to what he tells us, now.

He has said that Obama’s nastiness was going to catch up with him, and it appears he may have been right. Now he says the Democrat-loving media is lying about the gender gap widening. Does anyone argue that they are completely capable of that? I didn’t think so.

In any case, I believe Morris is worth listening to. I don’t have to be a fan to respect the man’s expertise. Apply your own judgment to what he says, but don’t dismiss his opinion outright, because he is frequently correct.

hachiban on April 19, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Dee2008 on April 19, 2012 at 4:41 PM

This is a pretty well-studied angle in marketing. If you are trying to appeal to women or men, you orient the message a little differently. Same thing for entertainment writing for the different audiences.

crosspatch on April 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM

And I still want to know what brand of shirt that is. He’s worn them in different colors in some of his various videos.

crosspatch on April 19, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Logic is overrated. There is a reason the word ‘rationalize’ has two meanings which are nearly antonyms. Logic is a tool to use, but it all starts with assumptions and priorities. If someone doesn’t have the same world view, they can seem mighty illogical. But really your emotions tend to follow whatever rationalizations you make, whether they’re valid or not, or whether you’re male or female.

Fenris on April 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Yeah, hang on, I got this one.

I know you are but what am I!

Red Cloud on April 19, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Yeah, sure…I mean, Romney’s actually about 10 points ahead right now! Everybody and and I mean EVERYbody loves him or will soon fall in love with him!! Gender gap? Pfffffft. He leads by…7 at least among women. Plus there’s the Bradley Effect…and people are lying to pollsters…

Good Lord, the level of delusion is like 2008 all over again. All we need now is to hear how the PUMAs are riding to the rescue.

ddrintn on April 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Fenris on April 19, 2012 at 4:50 PM

What those Neanderthals don’t realize is that the dog, snake, and grasshopper are currently represented from the Oval Office! That is, if O’s stepfather was correct and young O took on their qualities when he ate them.

And Conservatives still use leashes!

You can trust me.

Hope and Change…and Trust.

LetsBfrank on April 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM

hachiban on April 19, 2012 at 5:07 PM

..I am given to understand he learned that from consorting with dominatrices who would lead him around with a dog leash and collar.

He is, nonetheless, entertaining and has some interesting commentary on elections. I would not bank on his verity or his ability to prognosticate — he had 2008 being a titanic battle between Condi Rice and The Hilldabeast.

My main concern is that he will get a little bit plumper and explode like the iconic Mr Creosote.

The War Planner on April 19, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Slainte on April 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Not ALL women – as jawkneemusic and danman have indicated, conservative women can balance emotion and logic.
But I would have to say the point about stupid decisions based on emotion is pretty well proven by the higher percentage of women who voted for Clinton and Obama. Those votes were absolutely emotion based and both proved to be very dumb decisions.

dentarthurdent on April 19, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Bush did better with women {especially in 2004} than a lot of Republicans, because he was able to make them feel secure and safe. So there have been exceptions.

I think that Roe V Wade did have an impact, but then again, I think that many years ago when women were looking for more opportunities liberals just took advantage of that and used it for their own benefit..and to this day many women feel as if Democrats care more about women. That is why the media wanted to talk about contraception with Rick Santorum. That is why they wanted to high light statements he made about working women and single mothers..they were working on this whole manufactured war on women nonsense and those kinds of statements just reinforced the stereotype of the social conservative as insensitive and judgmental.

So, yes there has been a gap for a long time, but I think that if Republicans stress economic issues and upward mobility and opportunity for everyone that they can make some head way here.

Terrye on April 19, 2012 at 5:29 PM

There’s a reason the terms “sob sister,” “old wives’ tales” and “agony aunt” use the feminine terms. One of the ways women use our social networks is to spread mostly unsourced stories of woe from elsewhere. Of this tendency, many an urban legend was born. And I think this tendency has been well-exploited by the Left.

Alongside the lady with big hair who was bitten to death by the spiders that moved in is the tale of the dirt-poor rape victim who begs for crumbs for a living or something, and can’t find any way to either pay for her own abortion or raise the baby. Nobody can give a name, or where she lives, but she absolutely must be out there somewhere, and Planned Parenthood is her only *sob* hope.

There is also the fear among single women, especially those who have never enjoyed a long-term relationship before, of losing ones self in a relationship with a man. And there is no deeper bond than sharing a child with that man. Motherhood is frighteningly and awesomely transforming. And very scary to a girl who has just left her own mother’s care to go out into the world.

The Left offers assurances that as long as Planned Parenthood has free access to the government’s wallet, the alleged crumb-beggar will not be forced to bear her rapist’s child. And the girl/woman can sleep at night knowing she does not have to be saddled with the first dolt with a lucky sperm cell, and thus does not have to think of the men she sleeps with as potential fathers instead of d1ld05 with wallets.

Sekhmet on April 19, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Dee2008 on April 19, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Except there is a flaw in premise A. Why do you assume that suggesting that women can be swayed by emotional arguments is an insult.

chemman on April 19, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Don’t that same “bloc” like Sex-&-The-City, The Voice, Oprah, guys with fast (and red) sports cars, tight jeans and…

It’s called being a young adult and unmarried. The reality of life hasn’t yet made it’s full impression people of that age (BOTH female AND male) but it will as they gain experiences and a few more years of life and challenges.

Obama very likely still holds the support of the people who shriek when they seek George Clooney and think “old people” can’t possibly know what they, the younger, are “feeling”…because they’re old.

They’ll grow out of it. We all do. Well, most of us do.

Lourdes on April 19, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Sekhmet on April 19, 2012 at 5:38 PM

I graduated from High School in 1969 so don’t ask me for a name. One girl in our school died of black widow bites because of her big hair. Now the administration may have gotten it wrong but that was what was passed.

chemman on April 19, 2012 at 5:44 PM

And Conservatives still use leashes!

LetsBfrank on April 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I’m not sure what the Democrat position is on leashes, so I’m going to have to wait until they tell me what I’m supposed to think. But I do know they’re for women who vote for them, as long as they don’t get uppity.

Fenris on April 19, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I am female, and Haven’t voted Dem for at least the last 2 decades, and will never vote for one again.

Stick that up your rear, and smoke it, Walt Minnick (et al)!

sage0925 on April 19, 2012 at 5:46 PM

gophergirl on April 19, 2012 at 4:27 PM

And we’re much better looking than liberal women, too.

Win-win, all the way around.

GrannyDee on April 19, 2012 at 5:47 PM

There is also the fear among single women, especially those who have never enjoyed a long-term relationship before, of losing ones self in a relationship with a man. And there is no deeper bond than sharing a child with that man. Motherhood is frighteningly and awesomely transforming. And very scary to a girl who has just left her own mother’s care to go out into the world…

Sekhmet on April 19, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Don’t overlook or neglect to notice that there are, indeed, more than enough males of similar age and experience who don’t WANT women to bear their child. Thus, there’s pressure on women to avoid pregnancy IF they want to maintain relationships with such males and those males do, indeed, exist.

It’s does take a lot of courage to reject those males and persevere to meet men who want families and are willing to do what is necessary to maintain and support families. Too many women just surrender the higher goal and either go it alone as single mothers (an unfortunate cultural pressure) or settle for relationships with men who don’t want children.

Lourdes on April 19, 2012 at 5:47 PM

There is no gender gap . . .The Republican Party vs Democrat Party vis a vis women are no different

Pragmatic on April 19, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Kristamatic on April 19, 2012 at 4:16 PM

That’s pretty insane.

mankai on April 19, 2012 at 4:28 PM

What mankai wrote there ^^…

…it flaunts (and proves) the stereotype about women, at least SOME women, if for the one reason that the issue is Religious Liberty and anyone (female OR male) who persists in claiming “it’s about contraception (or ‘reproductive rights’)” is either lying or too dense/deluded to recognize reality.

“It” IS about Religious Liberty. No one’s been denied birth control mechanisms or medications and the GREATER THREAT is that overt threat by Obama’s corruption as to our Constitution, specifically, our Freedom of Religion.

Women who persist in altering that report are, indeed, simply proving that they’re not AS capable or aware (or astute) as others.

Lourdes on April 19, 2012 at 6:00 PM

….
jukin3 on April 19, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Fenris on April 19, 2012 at 4:28 PM

@ Fenris: nah, it’s just that the post is about “women who support Obama,” so people are commenting about “women who support Obama” and related issues.

Lourdes on April 19, 2012 at 6:02 PM

That’s not Dick Morris….

He Lives!

budfox on April 19, 2012 at 6:24 PM

It goes like this:

Premise A: Women don’t vote for a party whose members insult them.
Premise B: Republicans post insulting comments about women.

See how simple, and logical that is? Not emotional at all.

Dee2008 on April 19, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Premise A is an emotional response.
Premise B has nothing to do with criteria for judging candidates that will lead our country out of this mess.

You just proved his point.

jya lai on April 19, 2012 at 6:38 PM

crosspatch on April 19, 2012 at 5:10 PM

It looks like a Polo shirt to me

(staying out of the logic vs. emotion debate)

right of the dial on April 19, 2012 at 7:03 PM

DanMan on April 19, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Oh, how lucky Conservative women are, to land wonderful men like you.
I loved reading how happy you both must be.
Such a gift.

No wonder Lib women are so angry, when they end up with men like Mahr and Baldwin and Sheen…no rules to follow.

To these guys, chivalry and respect is something as foreign as our President.

Typicalwhitewoman on April 19, 2012 at 8:42 PM

If anyone knows what women are thinking it is Dick Morris.

He pays them handsomely by the hour just so he can… listen to their woes.

bileduct on April 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I can’t tell you how few women friends I have in conservative political circles. It’s lonely.

But I am happy to have found some new (although much older) women friends in the tea party, and I was happily surprised to discover like-minded friends when I joined facebook. We had been in the same circles for years, but we were too afraid to talk to each other about deep-seated concerns – but when we started sharing the same articles, light bulbs went on.

Women fear rejection, and politics gets heated no matter what. I’ve been in countless arguments over the genuine science of fracking vs. knee-jerk reactionary drivel, and don’t get me started on natural food and anti-vaccination hysteria. Women hate it when you disagree with them – it’s like you’re being rude.

LibertyJane on April 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Premise A: Women don’t vote for a party whose members insult them.

Premise B: Republicans post insulting comments about women.

MNHawk on April 19, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Puzzling, unfortunate, but often true.

S. D. on April 19, 2012 at 11:45 PM